PDA

View Full Version : Romo might be retarded (can we say retarded?)

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/2009/10/romo-didnt-know-it-was-fourth-down-maybe-thats-why-threw-it-to-hurd-again.html

Romo didn't know it was fourth down? Maybe that's why threw it to Hurd again.
Romo didn't know it was fourth down?

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is getting a lot of criticism for throwing consecutive passes to fourth receiver Sam Hurd against Denver standout cornerback Champ Bailey on third and fourth down to end the game in Sunday's 17-10 loss.
Is is possible that Romo didn't know it was fourth down?
Following the final incomplete pass to end the Cowboys hopes, a video caught on KDFW Fox-4 shows Romo seemingly telling his linemen to line back up. He then flashes three fingers to one of the game officials.
After hearing the response, Romo screams and walks off field.
If true, Romo apparently forgot about the spike to stop the clock on second down.
When asked about the series of events, coach Wade Phillips didn't know anything about a discrepancy. He said they on the sideline what down it was and any questions would need to be directed at Romo.
They may not be until Wednesday or Thursday. Romo is not scheduled to talk to the media until then.

Clarence E. Hill Jr.

goldengopher1976
10-05-2009, 02:32 PM
1. Yes, you can say retarded.

2. In the spirit of Forrest Gump, if retard is as retard does, then yes, he is.

3. I've got a good friend who's a Cowboys fan. He's already given up on the season.

Man-Goblin
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Never go full retard, Tony.

BroncoLifer
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Just goes to show that Big 8 referees aren't the only ones who can make that mistake.....

goldengopher1976
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Never go full retard, Tony.

:rofl:

Didn't like that movie and I won't watch Stiller movies anymore, but that was funny stuff.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
The Cowboys' playcalling was very stupid, something you'd expect from Wade Phillips. They had time for four throws into the end zone. Because of the short pass, they ended up only getting to take two. Sheer dumbassery.

BroncoLifer
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
The Cowboys' playcalling was very stupid, something you'd expect from Wade Phillips. They had time for four throws into the end zone. Because of the short pass, they ended up only getting to take two. Sheer dumbassery.

Failing to get out of bounds on the big 4th down play down to the 20 was also dumbassery -- Dallas used their last time out because of that & that lack of a time out effectively removed the threat of the run down on the goal line.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
1. Yes, you can say retarded.

2. In the spirit of Forrest Gump, if retard is as retard does, then yes, he is.

3. I've got a good friend who's a Cowboys fan. He's already given up on the season.

Also retarded?

The guy yellin' and screamin' yesterday at Choppers was a damn retard, I can tell you that.