PDA

View Full Version : on Marshall's TD catch...

crush17
10-05-2009, 12:41 PM
....Terrence Newman was saying that he got interfered with, said Marshall pulled his jersey... When I heard it I thought he was full of it because on the replay's I saw, there was nothing.

However, going back and watching this: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813263e0/WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Grand-Marshall

you can see him completely yank Newman's shoulder pads before the ball was thrown...

Glad it wasn't seen by the refs...

SonOfLe-loLang
10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
there are penalties on virtually every play in a football, some get called, some dont...that would have been a tough one if you ask me

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Newman also completely whiffed on the tackle but he's not really talking about that.

mwill07
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
what separates the good from the great is knowing what you can get away with. That pretty much applies to any sport too.

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
....Terrence Newman was saying that he got interfered with, said Marshall pulled his jersey... When I heard it I thought he was full of it because on the replay's I saw, there was nothing.

However, going back and watching this: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813263e0/WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Grand-Marshall

you can see him completely yank Newman's shoulder pads before the ball was thrown...

Michael Irvin made it all the way to the HOF doing just that. If anything could've easily been called, it was Champ's arm wrap around Hurd on the last play. Glad THAT wasn't seen by the refs. :pimp:

Doggcow
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Newman also completely whiffed on the tackle but he's not really talking about that.

Newman engaged Marshall. Newman lost. If you're gonna bump there's gonna be some grabbing etc.

I'd also bet there was a hold (or knowing the cowboys a trip) on their big play at the end of the game too.

BigPlayShay
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
There is this old saying "play to until the whistle". Newman should heed this advice and quit bitching. I don't hear Eddie Royal crying about the 3-4 times he was held.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM

The contact happened within 5 yards of the LOS and Newman initiated it. No penalty.

_Oro_
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Royal was molested badly at least twice maybe 3 times with no call.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Michael Irvin made it all the way to the HOF doing just that. If anything could've easily been called, it was Champ's arm wrap around Hurd on the last play. Glad THAT wasn't seen by the refs. :pimp:

No way in HELL they would call that on the last play of the game unless its real blatant

PRBronco
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Royal was molested badly at least twice maybe 3 times with no call.

Yeah, he was getting abused out there. I wish he wouldn't get in the ref's face each time though, that's not gonna get you calls in the future :-/

Eldorado
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
The contact happened within 5 yards of the LOS and Newman initiated it. No penalty.

this.

Archer81
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
They called offensive Pi against Sheffler for breathing on the dallas defender...**** happens. Marshall, who is not known for his great speed outran not one, not two...but 5 cowboys to the endzone...Be pissed that your secondary is slow and stupid.

:Broncos:

underrated29
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM

ExaCTLY!!!!

Within 5 yards if you are going to step up, man up.

Brandon is free to do whatever, just like terry. But Terry didnt bring it. Brandon did.

There is nothing wrong with that play. And inside those 5 yards nothing will ever be called.

poor baby.

NYBronco
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
It was a good no call by the ref. Newman just got burned by allowing Marshall to go over him for the grab and whiff on a second opportunity for a tackle downfield. It looks like Newman was dogging it at that.

atomicbloke
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM

That can't be called offensive PI.... its fair game if it happens within 5 yards of the LOS.... besides Newman engaged him and did a bad job of it...

Bronco Yoda
10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
One a side note... That was a risky pass. Looks like Orton is loosening up a bit. I wonder if this is the start of a more vertical passing game.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d81326aaa_gallery_600.jpg
Newman: OMG he caught it and I just got burnt playing bump and run! I hope I can tackle him and he doesn't juke me out of my shoes, ... TWICE!:notworthy

dbfan21
10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
It would have been a ticky-tack call...the refs won't call that...or at least they shouldn't call that.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 01:54 PM

DB's constantly grab a little piece of jersey during the 5 yard bumps and rarely get called for it. The Broncos had plenty to complain about in this game as well.

You could call 5 holding penalties a week on any offensive lineman blocking Elvis Dumervil. There are going to be missed calls. It's the nature of the beast.

If you watch the play you will see that by the time the ball got to Marshall, Newman was in perfect position to make a play but Marshall took the ball away.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
One a side note... That was a risky pass. Looks like Orton is loosening up a bit. I wonder if this is the start of a more vertical passing game.

This pass was nothing compared to the Touchdown pass he threw to Moreno. My heart about jumped out of my chest... that had pick 6 written all over it. Moreno wasn't covered, he was blanketed.

azbroncfan
10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I was actually thinking Marshall should of took a knee at the one. It worked out for Denver but I was hoping Dallas would tackle him or Marshall would of taken a knee. Denver could of ran the clock down to 15 secs or so and kicked the FG. I guess you put the bad snap or block FG in play but those are risks I would take. The D stepped up when they needed it and none of the monday morning QB matters.

NYBronco
10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
It would have been a ticky-tack call...the refs won't call that...or at least they shouldn't call that.

I liked the offensive PI on Scheffler and the tripping on Clady... creative.

misturanderson
10-05-2009, 03:59 PM
This pass was nothing compared to the Touchdown pass he threw to Moreno. My heart about jumped out of my chest... that had pick 6 written all over it. Moreno wasn't covered, he was blanketed.

Except that it would have been picked by a slow converted DE that would not have outrun the entire Broncos team 90 yards. That's also probably why he let the ball fly right between his hands. Moreno vs. Spencer...you have to take that shot.

barryr
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
What does Marshall's supposed tug at the beginning of the play have to do with Marshall outjumping him for the football? Marshall just wanted the ball more than he did. Tugging the jersey before the ball is even thrown had nothing to do with the catch. Complaining for a penalty is one thing, but saying he only caught the ball because of it is another and makes no sense.

ScottXray
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I was actually thinking Marshall should of took a knee at the one. It worked out for Denver but I was hoping Dallas would tackle him or Marshall would of taken a knee. Denver could of ran the clock down to 15 secs or so and kicked the FG. I guess you put the bad snap or block FG in play but those are risks I would take. The D stepped up when they needed it and none of the monday morning QB matters.

Never, NEVER, NEVER take points off the board in ANY way.

Yeah they scored too fast....I'll take a seven point lead ON THE BOARD over any Probable FG to win at the end of a 10-10 regulation.
This isn't last years defense.

tonngo0
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
It was a good no call by the ref. Newman just got burned by allowing Marshall to go over him for the grab and whiff on a second opportunity for a tackle downfield. It looks like Newman was dogging it at that.

BM wanted more than Newman ... I thougth the pass was underthrow and was going to be pick off by Newman.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Huh? Please.

broncogary
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM

I think if the DB hits the ball first in that situation, they don't call it. Of course, they've been changing the rules to favor the offense more.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
BM wanted more than Newman ... I thougth the pass was underthrow and was going to be pick off by Newman.

It was actually a good spot to throw it to. The safety was streaking over to cut off a longer throw. But, yer gonna find a way to bag on Orton no matter what.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Newman engaged Marshall. Newman lost. If you're gonna bump there's gonna be some grabbing etc.

I'd also bet there was a hold (or knowing the cowboys a trip) on their big play at the end of the game too.

He had another chance at him after Brandon cut it back to the middle, and he missed completely.

_Oro_
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Funny tonight in the GB game they called the PI on a similiar play against the Green Bay defender in the end zone. Actually way less contact then in Champ's case. Guess the officials like the Boys but not as much as they like Favre.

JPEZ
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM

In addition to what Adam said, Orton gave Newman a chance to make a play by throwing the ball short but he didn't! So, Shut up and stop your.. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/EricCartman.png

Raidersbane
10-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Did you notice Newman used his left hand to grab Brandon around the waist to try and keep him from going past? I guess that dosn't count though......

azbroncfan
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM

Yeah they scored too fast....I'll take a seven point lead ON THE BOARD over any Probable FG to win at the end of a 10-10 regulation.

I have seen it time and time again a team kneel down at the one and run the clock out and kick the FG to win. Your percentages are higher on winning by kicking a FG vs giving a team 2 min to score a TD and hoping to win a coin toss.

mr007
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM

Honestly that looks very close to the first 5 yards.

azbroncfan
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Did you see MJD pull off what I was talking about yesterday? That is what I was talking about in the Dallas game.