PDA

View Full Version : Brett Kern Appreciation Thread

crush17
10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Boy, I've never been so impressed by a punter's performance in a game...

Special teams in general were on point yesterday, but you have to give it up to #1 for how well he kicked the ball.

Glad we kept him!

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
That first punt that was a shank had the most luckiest bounce Ive ever seen on a punt.

The Joker
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
He seems to have like one gimpy punt a game and the rest are money.

Fortunately, the gimpy one yesterday worked out for him.

I like his potential though.

Archer81
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
That first punt that was a shank had the most luckiest bounce Ive ever seen on a punt.

pshaw...luck...that was intentional...McDaniels willed it and the ball obeyed...

:Broncos:

Doggcow
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
lol it was awesome

Eldorado
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM

I didn't even watch. I saw the ball leave his foot and hung my head. Looked up and was like, 'wtf?'

crowebomber
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Ever since Prater's two misses, the kicking team has been great. How about Prater booting that kickoff through the uprights. And Kern averaged 50.8 per kick. Winning that field position battle is something that gets overlooked imo.

cutthemdown
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Ever since Prater's two misses, the kicking team has been great. How about Prater booting that kickoff through the uprights. And Kern averaged 50.8 per kick. Winning that field position battle is something that gets overlooked imo.

I actually felt Cowboys won the field position battle by pinning us deep a couple times.

Broncos just kept fighting on defense and eventually we won that battle late in the game.

dbfan21
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
pshaw...luck...that was intentional...McDaniels willed it and the ball obeyed...

:Broncos:

:spit:

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I actually felt Cowboys won the field position battle by pinning us deep a couple times.

Broncos just kept fighting on defense and eventually we won that battle late in the game.

This is true.

If this was 08 special teams though... :wiggle:

houghtam
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM

I thought the same, but the end result is the most important, after all. Not that I think our defense is yet on par with the great Baltimore defense their SB year, but one of my best buddies is a Baltimore fan, so I got to watch a lot of those games that season.

This team is eerily similar.

Prater is a dependable strong leg, like Stover. Kern is the anti-Tom Rouen...he knows where to PLACE the punt, and it's not 8 yards deep in the endzone. Kyle Richardson did the same thing...not entirely sure, but I think he led the AFC in 2000 in punts inside the 20.

The special teams for the 2000 Ravens were the unsung heroes. Any Ravens fan will tell you that without smart, consistent play on the part of the special teams, they might not have even made the playoffs that year. This was a team that went 2-3 over a 5 week period where they scored 0 touchdowns. Defense aside, you don't win those types of games without methodically working the field position.

You do this by not making stupid decisions, first of all. Punting on 4th and 1 from the DAL 45, but going for it on 4th and 1 from the DAL 30. A lot of young, inexperienced head coaches wouldn't make smart, conservative decisions like that. When you know you can rely on your defense, you rely on your special teams to keep the field position on your side.

s0phr0syne
10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Kern Picked Up By Tennessee

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/5211052079

Schefter:

Tennessee cut P Reggie Hodges and claimed P Brett Kern on waivers from Denver, meaning he went from an unbeaten team to winless team.

Per Rotoworld:
Titans claimed P Brett Kern off waivers from the Broncos.

Considering how poorly Kerry Collins has played this season, Kern will be a busy man. He averaged 46.1 yards per punt in the mile-high air, he ranked just 27th in the league with a 34.5 net average.

broncocalijohn
10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
well, he will at least get more action in Tennessee. He will be one of the busiest guys on the team and the field goal kicker the most bored.

dbfan4life
10-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Is there a more unsecure job in football?