PDA

View Full Version : Cable to be Arrested?

Rohirrim
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
The Raiders haven't stopped falling yet. What happens to a team when their coach is arrested?

In addition to enduring yet another difficult loss, the Oakland Raiders are bracing for the possibility that coach Tom Cable could be arrested soon in relation to an alleged assault on an assistant coach. Criminal charges against Cable could lead to a suspension by the league. "Everybody is trying to figure out who's going to take over if Tom isn't here," said an assistant coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "John Marshall has a lot of experience, he's probably the guy. But it's nuts. It's crazy when you start to really think about it."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/121630-raiders-coach-could-be-arrested-soon?cnn=yes

joe9999
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Tom Cable, you're under arrest for impersonating a football coach.

24champ
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Didn't see this thread...so I will just add the whole story...

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports Oct 4, 8:43 pm EDT

In addition to enduring yet another difficult loss, the Oakland Raiders are bracing for the possibility that coach Tom Cable could be arrested soon in relation to an alleged assault on an assistant coach. Criminal charges against Cable could lead to a suspension by the league.

“Everybody is trying to figure out who’s going to take over if Tom isn’t here,” said an assistant coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “John Marshall has a lot of experience, he’s probably the guy. But it’s nuts. It’s crazy when you start to really think about it.”

Although Napa Valley (Calif.) police have declined to comment on the investigation, NFL.com quoted the attorney for Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson as saying that Hanson told police he had been assaulted by Cable on Aug. 5 while the Raiders were in training camp. Hanson was treated for a broken jaw and his attorney, San Francisco-based John McGuinn, said three other coaches, including Marshall, witnessed the attack.

McGuinn did not return three messages left by Yahoo!, but told NFL.com that the situation was “a textbook case of felony assault.”

“I’m not going to address the case, but it’s not as simple as just making an arrest,” Lewis said. “You don’t know the issues involved with the case.”

If arrested, Cable could also face a suspension from the NFL for violation of the personal conduct policy. Under the policy, coaches and executives are held to the same standard, if not a higher one, than the players.

The Raiders, defeated 29-6 by the Houston Texans on Sunday, have played progressively worse through the season’s first four weeks. After a late-game loss in the opener to the San Diego Chargers, the Raiders struggled to beat the winless Kansas City Chiefs in the second game and have scored a total of nine points in their past two games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cablepolice100409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

broncosteven
10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
This might be a good thing for them.

Personally I hope Cable, JaMarcus, and Al stay in the EMPTY HOLE for many, many years.

Rohirrim
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
How could they not arrest him? He cold cocked a guy in the face and broke his jaw.

broncosteven
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
How could they not arrest him? He cold cocked a guy in the face and broke his jaw.

You said cock and face in same setence.

55CrushEm
10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Tom Cable, you're under arrest for impersonating a football coach.

:spit:

LittleFloyd
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
He ought to be arrested for starting Jemarcus Russell.

NYBronco
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I would like to see Al Davis roaming the sideline and calling the plays.

Los Broncos
10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
That would be great if he did Hilarious!

Rohirrim
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
He ought to be arrested for starting Jemarcus Russell.

Hilarious!

UtahBroncos
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Cable should be banned from any Hostess outlet.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Hilarious!

Parole Officers - not just for the fans anymore.

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
If a mod would like to merge these two threads http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85100 I'd be all in favor of it, good post though Roh, illustrating the Raiders monumental stupidity can never be overdone. :)

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 05:00 PM
"Everybody is trying to figure out who's going to take over if Tom isn't here."
Well ... I might be able to clear my schedule to finish up for the Raiders.

If I had run the Raiders the past three years, they'd have Matt Schaub, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson right now. Seriously.

BroncoInSkinland
10-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that some of the preliminary legal action may be resolved as early as today, and that would allow Goodell to address the issue during Oakland's trip to NY. How many games suspension is it for breaking a coaches Jaw again?

Kaylore
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
This thread is hilarious.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that some of the preliminary legal action may be resolved as early as today, and that would allow Goodell to address the issue during Oakland's trip to NY. How many games suspension is it for breaking a coaches Jaw again?

It all depends on what he's done before. Which is nothing...so Zero

BroncoInSkinland
10-06-2009, 09:38 AM
It all depends on what he's done before. Which is nothing...so Zero

He's a Raider, isn't that some sort of crime?

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2009, 09:41 AM
He's a Raider, isn't that some sort of crime?

Only in the other 49 states.

Nothing is going to end up happening to this guy IMO. If what was written about the punk that he punched out is true, I would have done it myself.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Cable's last head coaching stint was at the University of Idaho where he was fired after 4 wins in 3 seasons, if I remember correctly.

But heah, Al Davis will take him!

I predict what will happen is chaos; the inmates will be running the assylum after he's arrested....oh wait, that wouldn't be new...never mind.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Only in the other 49 states.

Nothing is going to end up happening to this guy IMO. If what was written about the punk that he punched out is true, I would have done it myself.

Really, what did you read?

Archer81
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I would like to see Al Davis roaming the sideline and calling the plays.

Oh yeah. His track suit and jazzie roaming the Oakland sideline as he tells Jabarfus to throw it to Dave Casper and yells at a 6 year old for not getting the faider mystique...

:Broncos: