PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I admit it...

Que
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I was wrong. I lost faith last season and only lost more over the off season. I thought the departure of Cutler was flat out wrong (still think that is true) and would crush this team's chances for years to come (WRONG). I thought Josh was a bad idea and thought we made a huge mistake in the draft not grabbing DT/NG's by the ton (WRONG).

I still don't think we're a top 5 team overall. A decent team? Yes.

HOWEVER, this defense it pretty damn incredible. Wow! If we end the season (regardless of Win Loss records) with a top 5 defense I will count this year as a resounding success the likes of which I never anticipated in my wildest dreams.

Going forward, this is what I want to see more of:

1. Run the ball
2. Run the ball on first down
3. More tosses to Marshall
4. Fewer tosses to Gaffney
5. Loving the screens - keep it up

here's my #6 and it is a critical one

6. While I loved the deep balls that we were trying yesterday, I want to see Orton's accuracy improve in the mid range over the middle passes hitting WR's and TE's who are splitting the seam in zone coverage. We have some immense YAC weapons and I want to see us use them.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Good post. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Running the ball gets us going. Marshall is the big play threat.

Popps
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Props for manning up.

I think the next 4 weeks will be very telling, and will probably require a higher level of faith and patience in the team than the prior 4.

We're going to have our struggles this year, but the foundation for a great team is starting to take place.

atomicbloke
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I want to the team to bulldoze the opposing D using Hillis, especially late in the 4th quarter when they are winded up.

Pony Boy
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
RUN... RUN .... RUN..... It makes everything else work, I guess we now know why he was signing so many running backs. We will use them all as we go deep into the schedule .

missingnumber7
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Need to look to get Royal the ball in a few different ways.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
What's wrong with throwing the ball to gaffney? The dude just gets open

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Not sure why McD refuses to run Moreno to the outside. The Broncos run Buckhalter to the outside all the time, but they pretty much keep Moreno between the tackles. Why?

Get Moreno to the outside. Toss pitch. Toss pitch sweep. Just do it!

lex
10-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Ive been an advocate of improving our running game for ages. Next to the defense, this is the best improvement over last year.

Ramathorn
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I must admit also, no matter what happens over the coming weeks, I am pleasantly surprised by mcd/orton and entire team. I was a big Jay proponet and wanted him in denver, cursing mcd for the trade. But....now i see that with this offense, you dont need a wild, sometimes out of control, big playmaker. You just need someone to manage the game and NOT turn the ball over, which Orton has done a hell of a job of not doing. So, I humbly bow before the mcd lovers and hope you all accept my apologies.

missingnumber7
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
What's wrong with throwing the ball to gaffney? The dude just gets open

And he knows the offense. The more he gets the ball the more open looks the Marshall/Royal will get.

Broncoman13
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Props for manning up.

I think the next 4 weeks will be very telling, and will probably require a higher level of faith and patience in the team than the prior 4.

We're going to have our struggles this year, but the foundation for a great team is starting to take place.

Agree. Here is what I'm looking for over the next four games. COMPETE. If we stand toe to toe with the next four teams, we're ahead of the game as far as I'm concerned. Be there in the 4th quarter and have the opportunity to win, that is all I ask for. We were down 10-0 yesterday. The team could have easily folded. Instead they chose to compete and they were there in the 4th quarter, willing and able to win. Pretty much what I wanted to see... win or lose, this season. I didn't expect to win a lot this year though I thought we could go 8-8 and challenge for the division as SD would struggle as well. So, at this point while I expected a lot of what we're seeing from this team, I didn't expect the wins and as such, I feel we're ahead of the plan. This much is certain though, Josh McDaniels expected this success and that confidence is shared throughout the Broncos locker room. I love it... Oh, and expect to see some Wildcat this weekend. ;D

outdoor_miner
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
4. Fewer tosses to Gaffney

I just don't get this... Gaffney was streaking down the middle of the field wide open yesterday, and Orton just missed him. He's had several good games. Why do you care if he's getting the ball when he's open? This is a good thing! It means we have another solid target in addition to Royal, Marshall, and Stokley. If teams focus on taking those 3 guys away, it is a good good good thing that we have a 4th receiver who can make plays, too.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I want to the team to bulldoze the opposing D using Hillis, especially late in the 4th quarter when they are winded up.

Hillis is done in Denver dude.

He has done nothing but make mistakes in this new offense.

atomicbloke
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Hillis is done in Denver dude.

He has done nothing but make mistakes in this new offense.

Just one fumble dude...

Why should that be an exit ticket from town... He has a lot to offer to this football team... especially in the latter part of the season....

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Just one fumble dude...

Why should that be an exit ticket from town... He has a lot to offer to this football team... especially in the latter part of the season....

Its not just one fumble dude.

Costly penalties, failures on the goalline.

There is a reason he isn't getting any touches, and its because he keeps ****ing up.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
For the record, I have nothing against Hills. Love the dude, love his play, but he HAS been ****ing up this year and isn't the best option RIGHT NOW.

He keeps finding himself deeper and deeper in the doghouse.

enjolras
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Hillis has been terrible on special teams.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I hope to see HIllis get additional carries too, and maybe with Buck out he'll get a shot. But I'd rather win without him than lose with him, and right now we're winning without him.