PDA

View Full Version : So the stadium was at least 40% cowboys fans...

PaintballCLE
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Worst I have ever seen it (including the pittsburgh game)

****ing disgrace!

Los Broncos
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Seen that on TV, I almost thought we were in Dallas for a moment.

Tombstone RJ
Too bad. I hope that home field advantage comes back and the fair weather fans decide to give these Broncos another try.

Invesco Field season ticket holders (Bronco's fans supposedly) are not pulling their weight.

rbackfactory80
That makes the win more impressive since it was basically a neutral field.

lifeafter elway
really? didn't look that bad to me on tv. That fuqin sucks.

wish I could have been there!

lazarus4444
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I could have sworn that stadium was rocking pretty hard at the end of the game...

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I could have sworn that stadium was rocking pretty hard at the end of the game...

It was. But I doubt the staduim was 40 percent Cowboy people. That's would be roughly 28,000 Cowboy fans.

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM

That's because of all the Bronco fans dressed in Dallas garb, mascarading as pokes fans. Once these fans knew Denver was going to win, they starting cheering for the Orange and Blue...

Anaximines
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM

On TV it sounded like the place was exploding after Marshall's play, clear through the following kickoff! Sounded awesome.

Baba Booey
Was it really that bad? Damn. Oh well. They're like cockroaches.

Los Broncos

The cameras where shaking on TV, I loved that!

spdirty
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Who cares? ottom linw hey won the damn game. When New England comes in here believe me the crowd will be rockin.

Broncoman13
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
It was pretty bad I agree. We were pretty much 50/50 in the North Endzone.

I'll say this much, the Cowboy's Fans were classy even in defeat. Sure there were a few pricks, but in general they were good fans and gave the Broncos a lot of credit.

You can expect a lot more of this going forward though. Just wait until the Steelers and Giants games. Unfortunately before the season even got started a lot of people sold their tickets to "the enemy". I'd guess the Steelers will be 50/50 at Mile High.

Why is it so surprising given our offseason?

Why is it surprising considering the Cowboys have a huge national following?

Why is it surprising considering Texas is about 6 hours away and you have a huge Cowboys following in New Mexico and Oklahoma both relatively easy commutes?

Finally, why is it surprising that a Cowboy fan would come to Denver, pay $100 for a pair of seats vs going to Dallas and paying $500 for a couple seats?

BigPlayShay
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I was there, and there was a ton of Cowboy fans. I have to give the Denver fans that were there though, they pretty much drowned out the Cowboy fans. It was very loud despite the cowboy fans.

PaintballCLE
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
It was. But I doubt the staduim was 40 percent Cowboy people. That's would be roughly 28,000 Cowboy fans.

sadly.... it was

bronco militia
IMO at least half the season ticket holders gave up on this season last march.

it's going to take a year or two to win them back

Kaylore

I'll say this much, the Cowboy's Fans were classy even in defeat. Sure there were a few pricks, but in general they were good fans and gave the Broncos a lot of credit.

You can expect a lot more of this going forward though. Just wait until the Steelers and Giants games. Unfortunately before the season even got started a lot of people sold their tickets to "the enemy". I'd guess the Steelers will be 50/50 at Mile High.

Why is it surprising considering Texas is about 6 hours away and you have a huge Cowboys following in New Mexico and Oklahoma both relatively easy commutes?

Finally, why is it surprising that a Cowboy fan would come to Denver, pay $100 for a pair of seats vs going to Dallas and paying $500 for a couple seats?

This. I also think that if we keep winning the ratio of visitors will diminish because more and more fans will want to watch the games. We have a team we can be proud of now, and win or lose they play good football.

55CrushEm
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM

****ing disgrace!

Wow. At least 40%, huh? That's amazing. Someone here once said, too, that 43.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just sayin'......

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM

?

I agree 100%...I was sitting in 319 this time

Man-Goblin
10-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Hmmmmm...I wasn't at the game, but it sounded pretty damn loud on TV when the Cowboys had the ball, and almost silent when the Broncos had the ball. Were those supposed 30,000 Cowboy fans just sitting on their hands when their D was on the field? Hmmmmm....

outdoor_miner
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Hmmmmm...I wasn't at the game, but it sounded pretty damn loud on TV when the Cowboys had the ball, and almost silent when the Broncos had the ball. Were those supposed 30,000 Cowboy fans just sitting on their hands when their D was on the field? Hmmmmm....

I have to agree. The place looked like it was going nuts on TV, and was probably the loudest (on tv) that I've seen in a long time.

BigPlayShay
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM

The ones around me were your typical idiot football fans, cheering loudly when their team was on offense, etc... The Cowboy fans did have to be somewhat loud though as McD said the offense had to go into a silent count in the 2nd half.

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't go along with the 40%, but I'd guess at 20%+. Pretty damn sad. Meck texted me after the game and told me there weren't any tickets to be had outside of the stadium and one of our group told me they paid a pretty penny for tix off the exchange.
Double to quadruple face value.

Shlittsburgh will be worse due to the greed of some fans.

atomicbloke
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Wow. At least 40%, huh? That's amazing. Someone here once said, too, that :notworthy43.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just sayin'......

Actually its 63.4% :thanku:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
yeah, i find it hard that it was 40 percent just base don the sound, but you did hear cowboy fans on tv...but 40 percent is quite a bit and that place was rocking when denver did positive things

Broncofan_H
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I am in section 506 and I would estimate it was about 20-25% Cowboy fans. Still too many, but 40-50% seems way too high. There were a lot of them there, but certainly not 50/50.

Still disappointed in how many Broncos fans sold their tickets to these Cowboy fans. I had one try to start a fight with me on the way out of the stadium when I questioned his rant about Denver being "the luckiest team ever". I asked how exactly this win was luck. He didn't like that.

Broncoman13
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Meck said they wanted $200 for a ticket in the cheap seats... sad

PaintballCLE
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
well our section was about 50/50 and when i walked over to the south stands it was about 50/50 too...........

but on a different note....... it was nuts to see the club level full........those poor overpaying fools! haha jk

Broncofan_H
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
The ones around me were your typical idiot football fans, cheering loudly when their team was on offense, etc... The Cowboy fans did have to be somewhat loud though as McD said the offense had to go into a silent count in the 2nd half.

I think a lot of this was caused by Cowboy fans yelling at our offense, and then less football-savvy Broncos fans started yelling to drown them out.

While we had the ball. Ugh.

:clown:

Beantown Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't go along with the 40%, but I'd guess at 20%+. Pretty damn sad. Meck texted me after the game and told me there weren't any tickets to be had outside of the stadium and one of our group told me they paid a pretty penny for tix off the exchange.
Double to quadruple face value.

Shlittsburgh will be worse due to the greed of some fans.

Seriously, the "ticket exchange" is a joke. There are tons of seats on there for $800-$1000 per ticket for the Pats game. The cheapest are still at least double the face value. I thought it was supposed to be a place where people could buy and sell tix directly from season ticket holders for less than the brokers were demanding, but it's not even close.

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
it's going to take more than a season and a 4-0 record to reverse this trend.....get used to it for this year at least

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I think a lot of this was caused by Cowboy fans yelling at our offense, and then less football-savvy Broncos fans started yelling to drown them out.

While we had the ball. Ugh.

:clown:

No, he was right. We DO have a bunch of dumbass "fans" who seem to think making noise while we have the ball will help "motivate" the team, and the announcers don't help by firing the assholes up with their rahrah bs while we're in the huddle.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah... the cheers and **** when Dallas made a big play made me sick to my stomach. It wasn't small either, they were LOUD CHEERS.

For a place that's sold out so many years in advance to have that high a count of Dallas fans is pathetic.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Pictures don't lie:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d81324830_gallery_600.jpg
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d813267a2_gallery_600.jpg

I see a LOT of Blue and Grey in the background!

Cosmo
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I miss Old Mile High, this place never gets loud enough. Sure, when Marshall scored it was loud, but it used to stay loud the entire game in the last place. Wine & Cheese Fans? Perhaps, but until are fans get loud and stay loud, home field advantage wont be the same.

Crushisback
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Suprising. Sounded to me like it was pretty loud.

broncofan2438
10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Yea, you could definitely tell that there were a good amount of dallas fans when they ran the ball well, it was loud. I was watching on TV and they must have been sitting up high because you didnt see that many down below.

I wonder how the Pats game is gonna be

broncosteven
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM

****ing disgrace!

Get over it, it happens all the time in every teams stadium.

Have you ever gone to a road game?

I have.

If you haven't you should, there are some nice stadiums and it is even sweeter when the Broncos win on the road.

DenverBrit
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
40% Cowboy fans?

I heard a report that said 15,000 were there, and based on what I saw, that sounds about right.

Nevertheless, 15,000 ticket holders selling their tickets is a disgrace.

enjolras
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I have a friend who has 4 tickets...always sells two for each game. They're nice tickets (section 124). He pays for his seats that way. It's hard to argue with free tickets I guess.

Denver is also a great place to live. As a result we have a lot of folks in town from other places. I personally know 10-12 people from Pittsburgh alone. This is always going to be an issue.

Kid A
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Kinda sad, but it happens. Hell, Arrowhead last year was over 20% Bronco fans easy. Maybe some Dallas fans wanted to watch their team live without 1) taking out a second mortgage on their house or 2) having to shield their eyes from a gigantic glowing screen hovering right over the field of play.

Raidersbane
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm going to the Baltimore game. Who among you will join me? Who among you will sit with me amongst the purple clad fat horde in the enemy's house and cheer the Broncos to victory.......

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm going to the Baltimore game. Who among you will join me? Who among you will sit with me amongst the purple clad fat horde in the enemy's house and cheer the Broncos to victory.......

Been there and done it. The Ravens Fans were all class.

dbfan4life
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM

I remember commenting to myself when we were in the red zone that it seemed awful loud given the situation.

Dendave
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Get over it, it happens all the time in every teams stadium.

Have you ever gone to a road game?

I have.

If you haven't you should, there are some nice stadiums and it is even sweeter when the Broncos win on the road.

you're asking that of a guy who has gone to every home and away game the last two years?

TDmvp
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
It's who we played ... get over it ... hence the America's team bs moniker . Their fans live in other cities and travel well ... they lost, Pi$$ on them.

baja
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
IMO at least half the season ticket holders gave up on this season last march.

it's going to take a year or two to win them back

What about you BM are you back?

oubronco
10-05-2009, 02:07 PM
The cameras where shaking on TV, I loved that!

reminded me of when I went to a game at the old Mile High stadium we couldn't hardly see the field it was shaking so much

oubronco
10-05-2009, 02:11 PM
It's who we played ... get over it ... hence the America's team bs moniker . Their fans live in other cities and travel well ... they lost, Pi$$ on them.

:thumbsup:

DHallblows
10-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah 40% is a terrible estimate. 25% max.
The reason it was so loud is because our fans are retarded and think Graham "pushing air down" means get loud. Idk why he tried it the next play either. Some fans literally thought he wanted us to get loud for the offense Uhh

WABronco
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Wine and cheese mother f'ers

Broncojef
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I gave my tickets up cause I was sick of corporate retards wanting a nice quiet venue to take their kids, yellow jackets patrolling for fans yelling too much and spending obnoxious amounts of on tickets....screw that I'll drink to my hearts content at home, yell any obscenities I want and throw my money at a big screen tv instead of tix. The Bronco's front office is asking for the stadium to be half full of real fans IMO. I was a season ticket holder for 16 years and I gave up the seats due to the Broncos wanting a family controlled crowd not because I'm a fair weather fan.

baja
10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
where is Elizabeth Co.?

Broncojef
10-05-2009, 07:19 PM
where is Elizabeth Co.?

Southeast of Denver about 35 miles...cowtown

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 08:13 PM
What about you BM are you back?

I really haven't been back since the new stadium opened.....my tickets have doubled in price since the move

Vegas_Bronco
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Okay this brings up a huge question...a few years back I signed up on the waiting list. It was 1998 in fact...and I've been calling the offices each spring to find out where I am at. Anyone know how to check the status of the waiting list????

maher_tyler
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I have to agree. The place looked like it was going nuts on TV, and was probably the loudest (on tv) that I've seen in a long time.

Loudest i've heard since the playoff game against the Pats when Champ picked off Brady!

Clockwork Orange
10-05-2009, 11:56 PM
You people do realize we have plenty of transplants from Texas living in Colorado, right? They tend to bring their fandom with them.

BroncoDoug
10-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Okay this brings up a huge question...a few years back I signed up on the waiting list. It was 1998 in fact...and I've been calling the offices each spring to find out where I am at. Anyone know how to check the status of the waiting list????

denverbroncos.com should have some info for you on there, thats where I checked out my status

kent156
10-06-2009, 04:44 AM
I was at the corner end zone and we were pretty loud whenever the cowboys had the ball. It was crazy after Marshall scored until the end. The Eddie chants were cool when he went back on punt returns. There was cowboy fans, especially this one loud chick behind us. One guy throws up right next to us, he never came back after halftime. One cowboy fan said after it was 10- 0 this isn't Cleveland i thought that was funny. I did see a good number of cowboy fans, but there were a number of bronco fans in just plain clothes.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-06-2009, 05:59 AM
I wouldn't go along with the 40%, but I'd guess at 20%+. Pretty damn sad.

I'd put it at around 20-25% too, no where near 40%. Not as bad as the AFCC game a few years ago, but still pretty pitiful. I wonder how many of those seats were sold before the season even started when the "fan" who held the seat didn't think the Broncos were going anywhere?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
The reason it was so loud is because our fans are retarded and think Graham "pushing air down" means get loud. Idk why he tried it the next play either. Some fans literally thought he wanted us to get loud for the offense Uhh

But, but, but, it's all the wine and cheese crowd's fault that things go wrong at Invesco.

Seriously, there's a **** ton of moron Broncos fans in the cheap seats (where the "real" fans sit according to this board) who do not know when to cheer and when to shut their mouths. Half the offense was telling the crowd to quiet down and they were still getting louder.

TotallyScrewed
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Seen that on TV, I almost thought we were in Dallas for a moment.

I was confused when I tuned in the game on the radio and there was all this cheering going on when Dallas did something good but nothing when the Broncos did well. Apparently, the 60% that were Broncos fans didn't think there was anything to cheer about...until the final half of quarter number 4.

In any case...Well done Broncos!!

Man-Goblin
10-06-2009, 06:11 AM
mmmmmmmmm....wine and cheese.

TailgateNut
10-06-2009, 06:12 AM
I'd put it at around 20-25% too, no where near 40%. Not as bad as the AFCC game a few years ago, but still pretty pitiful. I wonder how many of those seats were sold before the season even started when the "fan" who held the seat didn't think the Broncos were going anywhere?

I would think the same percentage as the percentage of naysayers we encountered on the OM. Then add in the vultures (scalpers) and you have your 25%.

I actually sold one this weekend. My daughter had piles of homework to complete and my wife put the ticket on the ticket exchange. I sold within an hour and then when we got to the game, whoever bought the ticket didn't even show up. WTF?

TailgateNut
10-06-2009, 06:13 AM
But, but, but, it's all the wine and cheese crowd's fault that things go wrong at Invesco.

Seriously, there's a **** ton of moron Broncos fans in the cheap seats (where the "real" fans sit according to this board) who do not know when to cheer and when to shut their mouths. Half the offense was telling the crowd to quiet down and they were still getting louder.

Believe me. They're not just in the cheap seats. Those morons are also in the lower level.