PDA

View Full Version : Clayton: Broncos for real

Pseudofool
10-05-2009, 08:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall09/week4

5. Broncos are no fluke: The Broncos are for real. They beat the Cowboys 17-10 in what was supposed to start an impossible stretch of games for Denver. As turbulent as the offseason was, head coach Josh McDaniels made the regular season smooth. The Broncos are 4-0 and appear to be big players in the AFC playoff race. Beating the Cowboys was huge. Denver's defense withstood a last-minute drive by Tony Romo. Mike Nolan, the Broncos' defensive coordinator, totally took away the Cowboys' running attack. Like he did in Week 2 against the Giants, Romo made bad decisions. The last pass of the game was broken up by Champ Bailey. If you need to win a game, never throw on Bailey. Romo threw a costly interception in the Broncos' red zone early in the second half. That interception, which was grabbed by Bailey, might have been the turning point. Had the Cowboys settled for a field goal, they would have led 13-7.

Broncos QB Kyle Orton is doing a lot of the same things that made him a winner in Chicago. He completed 20 of 29 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns. He might not be making spectacular plays like Jay Cutler. But he's winning. Welcome back to the playoff race, Denver.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow - that rare pundit at BSPN who doesn't have his head up his ass.

Peoples Champ
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Clayton is a dbag, I cant believe he said we would only win 3 games going into this year.

jsco70
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Now Clayton will lavish praise on Denver in hopes everyone will forget he predicted three wins.

Dukes
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Go **** yourself Clayton

chex
10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Who is John Clayton?

easymobee
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Last week on his radio appearances, he scoffed at the 3 and 0 Broncos. He said it would be an accomplishment if they could win 1 of their next 8. He did mention that his Email was overflowing with Bronco crow requests, but then he picked dallas as the first of possible 8 strait losses.

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I cant believe he said we would only win 3 games going into this year.

i think most expect the crypt keeper to trash denver every chance he gets.

cousinal11
10-05-2009, 08:51 AM
go **** yourself clayton

^5

Punisher
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Go **** yourself Clayton

Way to tell him Jamie Dukes

Dudeskey
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
LOL @ Clayton. He Looks kinda like Mr. Mackey, don't you think?
http://www.globalfailure.com/images/emotes/MrMackey.jpghttp://www.joesportsfan.com/mediaspace/clayton_files/johnClayton.jpg

Baba Booey
10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6JPrNHnRVZI/SW5WXZh6soI/AAAAAAAAC9E/zPAPSK8gqJo/s400/eat-crow.jpg

clean your plate, Poindexter.

Broncoman13
10-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Clayton is a dip****. In fact it is funny seeing all of the "experts" wiggle in their seats trying to explain why Denver is doing so well.

F'ing Shannon Sharpe though. Predicted losses to both the Raiders and Cowboys... WTF?

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
repost

BlaK-Argentina
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Clayton is a dip****. In fact it is funny seeing all of the "experts" wiggle in their seats trying to explain why Denver is doing so well.

F'ing Shannon Sharpe though. Predicted losses to both the Raiders and Cowboys... WTF?

Sharpe picked Denver yesterday on the CBS pregame.

SoDak Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
did you guys see Jamie Dukes after the Broncos game not owning up to bashing the Broncos all off-season, and he still refused to give McDaniels and the Broncos credit. Fran and the other guy were giving Denver props and asking Dukes if he had anything to say about the Broncos after giving Denver soooo much grief in the off-season. The fat-ignorant unprofessional dukes just said how much better denver would be if Cutler was still their QB. You are an idiot, you can't even own up when you have been proved to be a complete JACKASS.

Kaylore
10-05-2009, 09:43 AM
did you guys see Jamie Dukes after the Broncos game not owning up to bashing the Broncos all off-season, and he still refused to give McDaniels and the Broncos credit. Fran and the other guy were giving Denver props and asking Dukes if he had anything to say about the Broncos after giving Denver soooo much grief in the off-season. The fat-ignorant unprofessional dukes just said how much better denver would be if Cutler was still their QB. You are an idiot, you can't even own up when you have been proved to be a complete JACKASS.

I saw that too. In fact I switched to it right away after the game and his co-anchors were baffled. My favorite part was when he started to spin some sort of conspiracy about how the producers were trying to make him look bad. He was absolutely livid and was shouting at everyone and the guys sitting next to me kept alternating between shock and laughter.

SoDak Bronco
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
haha, I get the impression that Dukes is not really popular among the people he works with. Yeah he was getting dissed hard by the 2 co-anchors. They were trying to give him an out to man up, but he was not going to eat any crow.

TonyR
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
The fat-ignorant unprofessional dukes just said how much better denver would be if Cutler was still their QB.

Sounds a lot like some guys here on the Mane!

colonelbeef
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Sounds a lot like some guys here on the Mane!

It's the truth.

doesn't make the massive improvement on defense any less important though.

SoDak Bronco
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM
haha u agree with Dukes? Enough said.

dbfan21
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Eat it, Johnny...eat that crow! You worthless retarded lemming of an ESPN employee!

underrated29
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
LOL @ Clayton. He Looks kinda like Mr. Mackey, don't you think?
http://www.globalfailure.com/images/emotes/MrMackey.jpghttp://www.joesportsfan.com/mediaspace/clayton_files/johnClayton.jpg

He is actually shaped after Mr. Haas. He was our Science/ERE/BIO/CHem teacher in highschool.

yes i know matt and trey and went to the same schools as they did.

Ironlung
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Clayton is a dbag, I cant believe he said we would only win 3 games going into this year.

...and that we "look like an expansion team"

broncofan2438
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I could really give a crap about what Clayton has to say.

Better not jinx us

Soul-Bronco
10-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Jaime dukes is a grade A moron. If cutler was still here, we could expect him to throw picks that would put are Defense in bad position = Losing the game. Yea hes playing well now, but we will see how good he is vs the vikings and good NFC teams. NOOOO way you can say that cutler would make us a better team! Thats all wishful BS thinking.