PDA

View Full Version : Cables legal issues a concern

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 04:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cablepolice100409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

In addition to enduring yet another difficult loss, the Oakland Raiders are bracing for the possibility that coach Tom Cable could be arrested soon in relation to an alleged assault on an assistant coach. Criminal charges against Cable could lead to a suspension by the league.

“Everybody is trying to figure out who’s going to take over if Tom isn’t here,” said an assistant coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “John Marshall has a lot of experience, he’s probably the guy. But it’s nuts. It’s crazy when you start to really think about it.”

Although Napa Valley (Calif.) police have declined to comment on the investigation, NFL.com quoted the attorney for Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson as saying that Hanson told police he had been assaulted by Cable on Aug. 5 while the Raiders were in training camp. Hanson was treated for a broken jaw and his attorney, San Francisco-based John McGuinn, said three other coaches, including Marshall, witnessed the attack.

Another Raider potentially gets locked up, anyone suprised? :)

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Will that be a first? A coach arrested for assaulting one of his assistants.

F-ing Raiders deserve no less than a loser owner, a loser coach and a loser QB.

AWESOME.

HEAV
10-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Long live Al Davis!

High Country Broncos Fan
10-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Lmao!

Ziggy
10-05-2009, 06:59 AM
They ought to lock up Jamarcus Russell. That way they'd have a chance to win.

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Bumping my own thread because the article still made me chuckle when I reread it. :)

There's so much going on on the main page I didn't want this gem lost to bickering and in fighting. Surely we can all get behind the Raiders looking like bigger jokes than normal. :)

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:13 AM
The guy he punched out sounds like he deserved it to begin with. Even as I Bronco fan...I might not convict him. :)

Kaylore
10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Long live Al Davis!

This.

dbfan21
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Usually a team takes on the coach's personality..not the other way around! What a bunch of convicts!!!

Pontius Pirate
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
If any of us were at work and punched someone, breaking their jaw, we'd be arrested on the same day.

Popps
10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Awesome.