We won game over. Next week Pats.

lex
10-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Baba Booey
10-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Enjoy it for 24 hours

lex
10-05-2009, 01:54 AM
I think Brady will bring his officials with him and the league's not going to have us winning.

BroncoDoug
10-05-2009, 02:03 AM
yeah, the power of balance cant have little hoodie beating big hoodie... planets would collide, the sun will fall into the ocean

meangene
10-05-2009, 03:14 AM
I think Brady will bring his officials with him and the league's not going to have us winning.

They damn near gave it to Dallas today. We can expect more of the same based on some of the calls in the Pats-Ravens game. What a joke!

Broncobuddy7
10-05-2009, 03:47 AM
As much as I hate Ray Lewis and the Ravens, he's right. The officials are way too flag happy when it comes to protecting the QB... especially stars like Brady and Manning. On one of the roughing the QB penalties in this game a Baltimore player got pushed and fell into one of Brady's legs. Brady simply side stepped the defender as he brushed Brady's leg on his way to the ground. Get ready for more of this next week. Unfortunately they didn't add the comment in this article about Ray Lewis telling Brady to wear a skirt.

Here are some of his quotes:

"Without totally going off the wall here, it's embarrassing to the game," Lewis said to a small group of reporters. "You can't do that. Brady's good enough to make a play. Let him make his own play. You can't end the play like that, and then throw the flag. No, man. The embarrassing part is when he understands that, and he walks up to one of us and says, 'Oh, that was a cheap one.'"

"That's not football," Lewis said. "And that's the embarrassing part about it. Two great teams going at it, let them go at it. But you can't stop drives like that, you can't throw flags and say, 'Oh, you touched the quarterback.' Put flags on them. Put a red buzzer on them, so if we touch them, they're down."

"Both of the drives they got touchdowns on -- personal fouls that kept the drives going. That's embarrassing to our game," Lewis said. "Fine me, do whatever you please. I'm not speaking against anybody. It's embarrassing, for them to treat one person on the football field different than everybody else.

"That's what's embarrassing about this game. You cannot do that. You gotta let the game take care of itself like it just did. But when you call penalties like that, it takes away from the love of the game, because you can get a Tom Brady to walk by you and say, 'Oh, that's a cheap one.' Wow."

When asked if Brady literally said "that was a cheap one" Lewis exclaimed: "You do a double take. It's embarrassing -- that [the Patriots] even know it. They even know, 'If you get close to me, guess what? I can look for a penalty.' Did that win or lose the game? No. But it damn sure helped them get 14 points. People work too hard for that. And the embarrassing part about it is you see it constantly, constantly every week. Emphasis on protecting the quarterback. We're men, we put our pants on the same way. I got kids, just like Brady got kids. Every man has kids. Treat them with that same respect.

"It's embarrassing for us to even keep a game going like that, give them momentum, after they go three-and-out. We stop them, see a flag for a personal foul and Brady's laughing? That ain't no personal foul if you're still smiling. Bottom line."

That should be the league's new mantra when it comes to penalties on quarterbacks: That ain't no personal foul if you're still smiling.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12311933

peacepipe
10-05-2009, 07:06 AM
We won game over. Next week Pats.Well, we are already 3 1/2 point underdogs at home.

crawdad
10-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Well, there certainly were a lot of hankies flying against us yesterday and we prevailed. I could not believe all the homer Dallas flags.

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm going to recommend this play:

oubronco
10-05-2009, 07:17 AM
It has become the NEL and is repulsive, that being said Brady will not miss those open wr's like Romo did yesterday but I think Nolan will have something for Brady.....................................DOOOOOOO OOOOOM!!!!!

Majik
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Besides Brady being "off", how much has the Pat's offense changed since Mcdaniels left?
Don't we kinda have a huge advantage by having a guy who knows their offense inside and out (assuming they haven't made drastic changes to the offense since Mcdaniels departure).

Vegas_Bronco
10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Brady and NE offense won't get anything against the Broncos! Only question is will McD be able to beat his former mentor on the other side of the ball.

Their defense = their weakness
Our Lack of Offense/Scoring = our weakness
....I love our position.

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Dilfer, a qb, was saying the same thing. The owners asked to protect their qb's, and then you get Captain America missing a whole season last year. The refs are LOOKING to call those ticky tack hits, and Brady will be a major beneficiary this year. Sad but true. Still, I think the defense just has to go out and run through guys. They get tentative, and they get burned.

WolfpackGuy
10-05-2009, 07:50 AM
If the defense hits Brady as much as they hit Romo yesterday, the Broncos will win.
Tom is a bigger puzzy than Tony believe it or not.

oubronco
10-05-2009, 07:52 AM
If the defense hits Brady as much as they hit Romo yesterday, the Broncos will win.
Tom is a bigger puzzy than Tony believe it or not.

He will just cry to the refs and get some phantom calls

TonyR
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM

I think the fact that this is getting so much media scrutiny may actually help the Broncos a little. The refs know people will be watching closely after what happened in the Baltimore game.

rbackfactory80
10-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I think if we win this could be the most anticipated handshake of the 21st century.

bloodsunday
10-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I love it, they are already counting this as a NE win!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/10/04/snap.judgments/index.html?eref=T1

With the Patriots schedule now calling for at Denver, Tennessee, at Tampa Bay (in London), bye week, and Miami, New England could (and even should) be 7-1 heading into its Week 10 showdown at Indianapolis.

oubronco
10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I think the fact that this is getting so much media scrutiny may actually help the Broncos a little. The refs know people will be watching closely after what happened in the Baltimore game.

My wife was saying how much of a puss he was

Smiling Assassin27
10-05-2009, 08:01 AM
I think if we win this could be the most anticipated handshake of the 21st century.

it seems like mcd and the Emperor still get along just fine. still, it'd be priceless to see that sour face congratulating his conqueror that he himself created. :rofl:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:NJ0Uh8yDzCUhvM:http://bertrandsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bill-belichick-150x150.jpg

rbackfactory80
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
it seems like mcd and the Emperor still get along just fine. still, it'd be priceless to see that sour face congratulating his conqueror that he himself created. :rofl:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:NJ0Uh8yDzCUhvM:http://bertrandsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bill-belichick-150x150.jpg

It will be cold thats for sure. If we win I hope McD doesn't try to hug him or something.

WolfpackGuy
10-05-2009, 08:08 AM
All I'd say the players is, if you're gonna hit him, get your money's worth.

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
He will just cry to the refs and get some phantom calls

^This

jhat01
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
It will be cold thats for sure. If we win I hope McD doesn't try to hug him or something.

Nah, dude they are still close. BB never talked about his other guys like he's talked about McDaniels. It won't be an issue, I think it's obvious how much respect they have for eachother.

WoodMan
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Broncos got 5 sacks (count em 5) against the Cow Pies reportedly great o-line. Imo they will get enough pressure on Brady to make it a tough day for him. Our offense will be the real determining factor in our winnng against the Patriots. I'd take the 3.5 at home if I were a betting man. I say Denver goes to 5-0 before they lose to San Diego on Monday night

lazarus4444
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
all i'd say the players is, if you're gonna hit him, get your money's worth.

qft!

rbackfactory80
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Nah, dude they are still close. BB never talked about his other guys like he's talked about McDaniels. It won't be an issue, I think it's obvious how much respect they have for eachother.

We will see. The only way I see respect is if the Pats win.

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
yeah, the power of balance cant have little hoodie beating big hoodie... planets would collide, the sun will fall into the ocean

LOL ... it'll be a spectacle, though ... all the ex-Patriots (no pun intended), the dual-hoodies, the vertical striped socks ... definitely a spectacle.

I sure hope we get that game here in Seattle. Odds are pretty good, a) CBS Doubleheader, b) AFC road team, c) late game, d) Western half of country ... all good omens :sunshine:

PatsWin2002
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
We will see. The only way I see respect is if the Pats win.

And speaking of PatsWin...where the hell has that guy been? :)

Crushaholic
10-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Woah...It's good to see you're alive...:thumbsup:

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM

Hahaha... I was about to respond, "yeah, where is he?"

Without the avatars I get kinda confused ... hmmm...

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Pats ... wait 'til you see our throwbacks on Sunday. The uniforms alone will give us a huge advantage in the early going, at least until the Patriots get used to playing football while simultaneously shielding their eyes :~ohyah!:

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM

What's that pansy ass QB of yours gonna do when he's staring into the lifeless eyes of DOOM?:wiggle:

**** in his drawers, or whine to the refs?:spit:

broncofan2438
10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
If we can contain Welker, we should be ok. I like our Defense against him. Cowboys O-line is much bigger than the Pats and if we can get to Brady often and quick, we should be good. Going to be another good game though. Our offense must put points on the board in the redzone

TailgateNut
Hey Pats ... wait 'til you see our throwbacks on Sunday. The uniforms alone will give us a huge advantage in the early going, at least until the Patriots get used to playing football while simultaneously shielding their eyes :~ohyah!:

Just call us the "killer bees".:spit:

I associate yellow with squeelers and cheeseheads and don't like neither.

colonelbeef

They are truly awful.

cmhargrove
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
"Josh, I am your father..."
"Nooooooooooooooooo!"

spdirty
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Broncos got 5 sacks (count em 5) against the Cow Pies reportedly great o-line. Imo they will get enough pressure on Brady to make it a tough day for him. Our offense will be the real determining factor in our winnng against the Patriots. I'd take the 3.5 at home if I were a betting man. I say Denver goes to 5-0 before they lose to San Diego on Monday night

I think we have a good shot against San Diego. Probably even better than New England. Right now we are the better team.

Que
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Dear lord - WHY or why do we have to use those original unis. Hey, come on, everyone makes mistakes.... Witness the one surviving photo of me in lime pants and white suspenders a la "Miami Vice".

55CrushEm
10-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Sad, but true.........

PatsWin2002
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
How come nobody has thrown the Pats "all-time record in Denver" in my face yet?

You guys are slipping.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Shanahan historically OWNED Bilicheat. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see some West Coast Offense used in this game since our team knows it and it BB wouldn't really expect it.

I sense a heavy dose of Zone Block running with play action bombs.

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Love the yellow and brown. :)

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
How come nobody has thrown the Pats "all-time record in Denver" in my face yet?

You guys are slipping.

Because it doesn't matter. Check out my post from the CP:

"John Elway, who won't be playing in this weekends game, was 16-0 all time versus the PAts. That means in John's 16 year career, one entire regular season was spent just beating the Patriots."

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2009, 10:08 AM

I think BB is going to learn something from the beginning of the Cowboy game.

SCREENS OWNED US. I still don't know why Dallas stopped doing them after owning us 2 plays with them in the 1st quarter.

I expect them to do a crap ton of dump-off screens to their RB's to stop us from blitzing, which this eases the pressure of Brady.

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Because it doesn't matter. Check out my post from the CP:

"John Elway, who won't be playing in this weekends game, was 16-0 all time versus the PAts. That means in John's 16 year career, one entire regular season was spent just beating the Patriots."

But John is history and we'll loose this game 112-2.

Garcia Bronco
I think BB is going to learn something from the beginning of the Cowboy game.

SCREENS OWNED US. I still don't know why Dallas stopped doing them after owning us 2 plays with them in the 1st quarter.

I expect them to do a crap ton of dump-off screens to their RB's to stop us from blitzing, which this eases the pressure of Brady.

Screens are good to combat the agreesiveness of a D-line. Once we started playing off the screens would have gotten eaten up. Nolan knows what he's doing.

UberBroncoMan
But John is history and we'll loose this game 112-2.

That's the spirit. I'm with this!

Inkana7
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Rodney Harrison told Brady to take off his Skirt last night. It was awesome.