PDA

View Full Version : most surprising part of the game

tsiguy96
10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
lamont carried the ball for MORE than 5 yards on a single carry. crazy.

Mogulseeker
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM
As soon as I saw 32 in the game, I yelled "why is Lamont in the game? He sucks." Not two seconds later.... "Lamont Jordan on the carry. 11 yard gain on the play."

Rock Chalk
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Lamont doesn't suck. He plays his role on this team and that is to come in and pound the ****ing defense after they have already been pounded. Take teh god damn life out of them and he does a good job of that. He knows his role, along with everyone else which makes this TEAM so much ****ing fun to watch.

ak1971
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
that I was sober?

Pick Six
10-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Does he really suck? I recall not being able to stop him when he was a Raider. As Adam mentioned, his role is to wear out the defense.

uplink
10-04-2009, 11:28 PM
team plays better as game goes on. Still hard to get used to
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DHallblows
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I was happy when he got past the line of scrimmage without stumbling. But to top that he went 11 yards past it. I was literally shocked

cutthemdown
10-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I've been trying to explain to you guy why hes on the team but people just fail to ever change there minds.

He is big. He is proven in short yardage situations. He has only 4, count them 4 career fumbles lost. For as many times as he's had the ball he holds on to it well.

It's nice to know when you get to the bottom of your depth chart you have a dependable mistake free RB to give ball to and not some young punk trying to be the next big thing.

Mcdaniels put the team together very intelligently. The Hochstein trade also looks prophetic.

uplink
10-05-2009, 01:17 AM
lamont carried the ball for MORE than 5 yards on a single carry. crazy.

I was at the University when he attended and he was such a big deal, seems hard to get used to him being an average player.

Popps
10-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Jordan has a specific role for this team and he performs it well. He'll get better as our guys adjust to the blocking scheme, and our offense continues to develop.

Again, he was brought in with a very focused purpose, as were all of our FA's this year.
It's not a terribly sexy role, but it's effective.

Bronco Yoda
10-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Get Jordan out and put Hillis in. enough is enough...

cutthemdown
10-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Hillis lol. I wouldn't give Hillis another carry unless all the other rbs were hurt.

snowspot66
10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Why? Cause he fumbled it once? I'm perfectly comfortable with him running the ball. I just don't want to have a need to let him do it.

cutthemdown
10-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Why? Cause he fumbled it once? I'm perfectly comfortable with him running the ball. I just don't want to have a need to let him do it.

Jordan is better option because of experience and the fact he never fumbles. The key to the team is no mistakes. From Moreno who have to keep giving him the ball because hes a playmaker. From role players like Hillis and Jordan we need solid mistake free football.

At this point it will be Hillis. The coach will agree with me. Of course you are smarter then both of us right?

Bronco Yoda
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Hillis is a better runner IMO. Better hands, better vision with just as much power.

lex
10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Jordan is better option because of experience and the fact he never fumbles. The key to the team is no mistakes. From Moreno who have to keep giving him the ball because hes a playmaker. From role players like Hillis and Jordan we need solid mistake free football.

At this point it will be Hillis. The coach will agree with me. Of course you are smarter then both of us right?

No, at this point Jordan is the better option because Hillis is the only fullback.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Jordan is filling a dirty role and showing the value of adding all that RB depth.

cutthemdown
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
No, at this point Jordan is the better option because Hillis is the only fullback.

That's probably part of it also good point. When Larsen comes back, if he comes back, that could change Hillis role to include more plays at RB.

Still though IMO Jordan there at that 3rd RB spot because when you get to that point in the depth chart its nice to have a vet who doesn't fumble and has been in some big games.

coach made a smart decision bringing Jordan/Hochstien/Gaffney over with him. They aren't flashy, just solid football players.