PDA

View Full Version : Props to Tailgatenut

Mogulseeker
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I just wanted to say that Tailgatenut's stuffed Jalapenos are pretty much the best thing ever.

That is all.

wolf754life
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
the nut is one of the best fans the broncos have ever had.

mad respect

Mogulseeker
10-04-2009, 07:50 PM
the nut is one of the best fans the broncos have ever had.

mad respect

Agreed.

Broncoman13
10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Smurf, can you change this thread title to "Props to TailgateNut" or something along those lines. I was going to start one myself. For those that don't know, Tailgatenut puts on an awesome spread and would never accept anything in return. I've asked him on a couple of occasions if I could "donate to the cause". After a couple of dirty looks and "hell no" type responses I finally got the point. Today, Montrose asked if there was a "donation can" where he could leave a couple dollars. I told him no and don't you dare ask b/c Leo will get offended and tell you NO.

So Leo, a genuine thank you and I really appreciate what you do for your fellow fans AND VETERANS. I hope one day I will be able to repay the favors you and the Mrs continue to pass our way. Mad Props to TailgateNut, you sir are one helluva fan.

Mogulseeker
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I tried to. It won't let me change the title.

Oh yeah, and GO VETERANS!

BroncoBuff
10-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Excellent everybody ... Leo makes some awesome green chile sauce, too.

Only he and Dimitri know the recipe, though ....

Sassy
10-04-2009, 08:39 PM
YEAH BUT Dimitri was MIA...and I agree TGN's jalapenos are awesome!

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys and girls.
Now STFU and return to your regular scheduled PROGRAM.

Mogulseeker
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
thanks guys and girls.
Now stfu and return to your regular scheduled program.

never!

baja
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
YEAH BUT Dimitri was MIA...and I agree TGN's jalapenos are awesome!

Does Hogan know about this???

Mogulseeker
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Excellent everybody ... Leo makes some awesome green chile sauce, too.

Only he and Dimitri know the recipe, though ....

I haven't tried the green chili sauce... where was it?

Vegas_Bronco
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
:worthless

....but not gay photos - please!

Sassy
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I haven't tried the green chili sauce... where was it?

It was with the eggbake in the am.

Killericon
10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Man, I hate not living in Denver sometimes...

chadta
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Man, I hate not living in Denver sometimes...

and then it snows and its not so bad

gunns
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Where might one find this recipe? I love stuffed jalapenos.

listopencil
10-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Fill 'em with cream cheese, roll 'em in corn meal batter, deep fry 'em. Enjoy.

Irish Stout
10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I think I met TGN once in KC and he did have delicious chili. Its been a long time though can hardly remember. I guess I'm too reclusive in my tailgating habits.

Part of what tailgating is all about is bonding with other Bronco fans, though I don't go out of my way to do it, any Broncos fan any time who stops by my tailgate is invited to a Brat, some chili, or a beer. TGN ups that to the Nth degree... he's a class act in the parking lot!

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
the tailgate bus was awesomeness...everyone i was with LOVED that damn salmon spread and the soup.

Garcia Bronco
10-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I think I met TGN once in KC and he did have delicious chili. Its been a long time though can hardly remember. I guess I'm too reclusive in my tailgating habits.

Part of what tailgating is all about is bonding with other Bronco fans, though I don't go out of my way to do it, any Broncos fan any time who stops by my tailgate is invited to a Brat, some chili, or a beer. TGN ups that to the Nth degree... he's a class act in the parking lot!

Was he loud, drunk, and looked like Magnum PI? If so...you might have had a TGN

lookin' glass
10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Green chile sauce!?! You guys are killing me.

Sassy
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM

cream cheese stuffed wrapped in bacon

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Was he loud, drunk, and looked like Magnum PI? If so...you might have had a TGN

LOLI was incognito.

After getting smacked in the kisser with a rock while riding my scooter I had to stop shaving for a while due to my swollen lip and chin. ****ing lost a tooth and one is on the verge of a "comeback".

I wish I could have caught that f-ing trucker who dropped all that gravel in front of me.

Life goes on without Magnum.:~ohyah!:

BroncoInSkinland
10-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Got the recipe from TGN and made em for the NE game, they were awesome, not that hard to make either. :) Got a batch of homegrown Jalapenos (big suckers) I will be taking to the Baltimore game for tailgating. That bacon wrap is ingenious for reheating purposes. Major rep TGN ;D

Spider
10-14-2009, 07:15 AM
hope to stop by Tailgate nut spread .......... Need to throw some love Meck77 ways .....Great guy , excellent spread himself ........

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Got the recipe from TGN and made em for the NE game, they were awesome, not that hard to make either. :) Got a batch of homegrown Jalapenos (big suckers) I will be taking to the Baltimore game for tailgating. That bacon wrap is ingenious for reheating purposes. Major rep TGN ;D

I was wondering if you got my message. Glad they "hit the spot".

I still think my Bacon wrapped scallops dipped in Bourbon are "mo-betta".

orange crusher
10-14-2009, 07:30 AM
For those that don't know, Tailgatenut puts on an awesome spread and would never accept anything in return. I've asked him on a couple of occasions if I could "donate to the cause". After a couple of dirty looks and "hell no" type responses I finally got the point. Today, Montrose asked if there was a "donation can" where he could leave a couple dollars. I told him no and don't you dare ask b/c Leo will get offended and tell you NO.

I made the mistake of asking where I could leave a "donation" once. That seems to get him a little uptight. :)

gunns
10-14-2009, 07:38 AM
cream cheese stuffed wrapped in bacon

Thanks! Wondering if they are bbq'd or oven roasted or either? And can they be filled with something else. Not a big fan of cream cheesed stuffed jalapenos.

crawdad
10-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Leo and Lisa are the best hosts in the Mile High City. They are like family to me.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp68/denverbronx/IMG_1715.jpg

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks! Wondering if they are bbq'd or oven roasted or either? And can they be filled with something else. Not a big fan of cream cheesed stuffed jalapenos.

BBQ is the way to go, but you can also broil or fry them in an "emergency situation".:~ohyah!:

....but if you don't like Cream cheese, I can't help you.

BroncoInSkinland
10-14-2009, 08:00 AM
BBQ is the way to go, but you can also broil or fry them in an "emergency situation".:~ohyah!:

....but if you don't like Cream cheese, I can't help you.

I actually varied the recipe a bit on half of them. (One of my friends hates cream cheese), I went with a mix of cheddar, pepper jack, and ricotta cheese, about equal portions of each for the stuffing. They came out pretty good, so there is a non cream cheese variant if you wanna give em a shot gunns.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I actually varied the recipe a bit on half of them. (One of my friends hates cream cheese), I went with a mix of cheddar, pepper jack, and ricotta cheese, about equal portions of each for the stuffing. They came out pretty good, so there is a non cream cheese variant if you wanna give em a shot gunns.

Sounds good, especially the Pepper Jack.:notworthy

colonelbeef
10-14-2009, 08:17 AM
I was wondering if you got my message. Glad they "hit the spot".

I still think my Bacon wrapped scallops dipped in Bourbon are "mo-betta".

bacon wrapped scallops = one of God's gifts.

We get amazing scallops around these parts, I'm sure your bacon is better ha

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Leo and Lisa are the best hosts in the Mile High City. They are like family to me.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp68/denverbronx/IMG_1715.jpg
Wow TGN, is that the "vehicle" behind you and Lisa? If so that's awesome, it's really come along in the 3 years since I've been there!;D

First time I met TGN back in 2003, he honored me by making "shrimp wrapped in bacon", that way he could say "put another shrimp on the barby!" (I still drool remembering it!)
Only thing better than his cooking, is his hospitality!
As was said earlier, one of the best Bronco fans ever to grace the tailgate lot! :thumbsup:

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Wow TGN, is that the "vehicle" behind you and Lisa? If so that's awesome, it's really come along in the 3 years since I've been there!;D

:

Yep, the inside has so much Orange and Blue paint, raider fans melt if they step inside.:~ohyah!:

Still have to paint the cab area, but it's close.

Nothing like OF1, but it works for me.

Sassy
10-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Alright Leo...time to give up the grilling secrets and post your recipes on the tailgate recipes thread...yours are in demand! ;D

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Alright Leo...time to give up the grilling secrets and post your recipes on the tailgate recipes thread...yours are in demand! ;D

No secrets. Ya start out with a cold beer............

To be continued.....

Gotta attend a mtg.....

Pick Six
10-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I'll have to find Tailgate Nut next time I'm at a game. This sounds interesting...

crawdad
10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll have to find Tailgate Nut next time I'm at a game. This sounds interesting...

You won't be sorry!

OBF1
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
TailgateNut.... sounds familiar, Must had been drinking that day :)

Guys, though TGN does not accept financial compensation.... Try bringing him a bottle of Mississippi Mud or a bottle of single malt scotch, He can never say no to either :)

I am proud to call Leo and Lisa friends. Way to go brother, you are the best.

gunns
10-14-2009, 10:55 AM

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I do like cream cheese but for some reason not in jalapenos

Mogulseeker
10-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Try nacho cheese

BroncoInSkinland
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I do like cream cheese but for some reason not in jalapenos

No problem :) You could use cottage cheese in place of the riccotta for a slightly less spicy version too, I just had some ricotta leftover and handy from some homemade lasagna.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
You won't be sorry!
Unless you're on a diet!:wiggle:

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Unless you're on a diet!:wiggle:

Good one Brett.

I'll bring some "Lean Cuisine" for you to enjoy. Nothing like "Box on the Barbie".

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Or is that "Barbies' Box"? I dunno, I get confused.