PDA

View Full Version : Time for my first serving of crow...

TheDave
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Well, well, well... First things first. I still think the Cutler trade was stupid. IMO, this team is a legit super bowl contender with him. Don't bother trying to change my mind. I'm just that stubborn.

BUT there are some things I was incredibly wrong on and it's now time to take my medicine.

1st course: For my 1st course I would like to have a heaping pile of crow for my 6-10 prediction. Barring a historic collapse this team is at least 8-8 and probably more. By now the optimistic side of me felt we would be 2-2. 4-0 NEVER entered my mind.

2nd Course: After choking that pile down I need to get another heaping serving for my consistent diatribe about the Alphonso Smith trade. I always maintained that with a 6-10 record we would be looking at a top 5-7 pick. A ****ty season followed by no draft pick just would have been too much for me. Looks like that is no longer a problem. Anything over 8-8 makes this trade a worthwhile gamble.

3rd Course: This one is being served up by McDaniels personally. After trading Cutler, then the Al Smith trade, followed up by the BMarsh debacle I figured our new coach was the equivalent of a monkey with a gun. Well it looks like there was a method to his madness. This team is a well prepared balanced group that can win games. I always said 8-8 would be a masterful job of coaching, and with games still against KC (x2), Oak, and Wash, I don't see how we could not hit that mark. My hat's off to the coach.

4th Course: Desert... served up by Coach Nolan. Never in my wildest imagination would this defense look anything like this. Going from #30 to #1 would have been a Kool Aid drinking superfan type of thing to say. Here's to Nolan and kool aid drinking superfans. ;D

For now that's it. Never in a million years did I see this coming.

But being wrong never felt this good... :thumbs:

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
This team is 2-2 at best with Cutler. He doesn't have patience nor the brains to make the reads necessary. He is in an offense suited to his play making off the cuff ability. But he would have lost games this year for Denver with the risks he takes.

Not a knock on him as its time to move on but they would be less a contender with his style.

That said this defense is just plain awesome. The swagger they have the ability to forget bad plays is just something we haven't seen in a while. Its fun!

Rohirrim
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I picked them to go 4 and 12. I'm sticking with that.

j/k ;D

OABB
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
It was stupid of Cutler to ignore Bowlen's phonecalls...you are right.

TheDave
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Yes it was stupid of him... but I still would not have traded him.

hambone13
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
This team is 2-2 at best with Cutler. He doesn't have patience nor the brains to make the reads necessary. He is in an offense suited to his play making off the cuff ability. But he would have lost games this year for Denver with the risks he takes.

Not a knock on him as its time to move on but they would be less a contender with his style.

That said this defense is just plain awesome. The swagger they have the ability to forget bad plays is just something we haven't seen in a while. Its fun!

Yeah cause he's proved the last 3 games in Chicago that he can't adjust....get over it Apa, we would be better w/ Cutler...

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah cause he's proved the last 3 games in Chicago that he can't adjust....get over it Apa, we would be better w/ Cutler...

So much for that serving of crow. Someone needs to get over it and it isn't me.

Since you can't seem to read I will say it again. He isn't suited for this offense he is in one that allows him to use his talent set. Both teams are better. But I guess thats not getting over it.

Want me to reheat that serving for you?

snowspot66
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM

He's stopped the INT's (for now) but is still a fumble machine. They're lucky their not 1-3 right now (two choke job kicking games in a row?). He's got a ton of athletic ability but he's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

bronco0608
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Thank you.

Now, if the AtwaterhisAss, TheRev, SmilingAssassin27, BroncoSteven could all come in this thread and apologize we all can move on.

Atleast when thedave was proclaiming this team sucked, he never reverted to calling all the fans who thought we would have a good season "idiots" and "retards." Now those other posters, not so much.

How in the world they couldn't see that the Broncos have some of the best group of WRs, TEs, OLs, and DBs in the league was beyond me. Really, what group of team DBs would you trade over ours? What set of WRs in the league would you rather have than ours? Same with the OL and TEs. Our collection of RBs are tight and our LBs are really solid.

Qustion mark with our QB and DL, of course. But those question marks equaled 4-12. Give me a ****ing break.

Bronx33
10-04-2009, 07:58 PM
dave you almost make eating crow sound good.:clown:

Lev Vyvanse
10-04-2009, 07:58 PM
So much for that serving of crow. Someone needs to get over it and it isn't me.

Since you can't seem to read I will say it again. He isn't suited for this offense he is in one that allows him to use his talent set. Both teams are better. But I guess thats not getting over it.

It's strange it seems like both sides are correct on this issue.

TheDave
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM

Nope, I'm a little full after todays 4 course serving. I'd love to argue the cutler trade, but as of right now I'm barring myself from arguing against anything McKidd has done.

Josh McDaniels > TheDave

;D

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM
It's strange it seems like both sides are correct on this issue.

I know as time goes on it appears both teams are getting positive results for it. Good on both teams.

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Nope, I'm a little full after todays 4 course serving. I'd love to argue the cutler trade, but as of right now I'm barring myself from arguing against anything McKidd has done.

Josh McDaniels > TheDave

;D

No that was directed to hambonehead. You are sane and rational and worthy of only one serving. :)

Dagmar
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/20797w1.gif

baja
10-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, well, well... First things first. I still think the Cutler trade was stupid. IMO, this team is a legit super bowl contender with him. Don't bother trying to change my mind. I'm just that stubborn.

BUT there are some things I was incredibly wrong on and it's now time to take my medicine.

1st course: For my 1st course I would like to have a heaping pile of crow for my 6-10 prediction. Barring a historic collapse this team is at least 8-8 and probably more. By now the optimistic side of me felt we would be 2-2. 4-0 NEVER entered my mind.

2nd Course: After choking that pile down I need to get another heaping serving for my consistent diatribe about the Alphonso Smith trade. I always maintained that with a 6-10 record we would be looking at a top 5-7 pick. A ****ty season followed by no draft pick just would have been too much for me. Looks like that is no longer a problem. Anything over 8-8 makes this trade a worthwhile gamble.

3rd Course: This one is being served up by McDaniels personally. After trading Cutler, then the Al Smith trade, followed up by the BMarsh debacle I figured our new coach was the equivalent of a monkey with a gun. Well it looks like there was a method to his madness. This team is a well prepared balanced group that can win games. I always said 8-8 would be a masterful job of coaching, and with games still against KC (x2), Oak, and Wash, I don't see how we could not hit that mark. My hat's off to the coach.

4th Course: Desert... served up by Coach Nolan. Never in my wildest imagination would this defense look anything like this. Going from #30 to #1 would have been a Kool Aid drinking superfan type of thing to say. <b>Here's to Nolan and kool aid drinking superfans. ;D</b>

A little back handed but I'll take it. ;D

As I've been saying all along this team is going to be fun to watch this season and beyond.

baja
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/20797w1.gif

Rohirrim
10-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I still can't believe that Nolan has turned this D around this fast. I keep rubbing my eyes, but the picture doesn't change. It's for real. I am a happy Broncos fan. I prefer to let bygones be bygones, but I don't think this would have ever happened under Shanahan. And now, I also feel that I can trust the new draft gurus on this team. The people they brought in are gold. And the coaching (and moving around) of some who were already here has gone up a quantum notch. Hell, who knew Andra Davis could play like this? Or Mario Haggan? The weakest link on this team right now is at QB, but I trust that the FO we have now is going to fix that too, down the road. My faith is restored. Hallelujah! ;D

broncosteven
10-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you.

Now, if the AtwaterhisAss, TheRev, SmilingAssassin27, BroncoSteven could all come in this thread and apologize we all can move on.

Atleast when thedave was proclaiming this team sucked, he never reverted to calling all the fans who thought we would have a good season "idiots" and "retards." Now those other posters, not so much.

How in the world they couldn't see that the Broncos have some of the best group of WRs, TEs, OLs, and DBs in the league was beyond me. Really, what group of team DBs would you trade over ours? What set of WRs in the league would you rather have than ours? Same with the OL and TEs. Our collection of RBs are tight and our LBs are really solid.

Qustion mark with our QB and DL, of course. But those question marks equaled 4-12. Give me a ****ing break.

What do I need to apologize for other than using the parallel of 1930's Russian Purges during the OFFSEASON?

I have not predicted records the last couple years. I wanted McDaniels to prove that a 33 year old 1st time HC knew how to run a team, he is doing that.

If you can find a post I need to apologize for about McDaniels I will.

PM me the list of my posts that hurt your feelings so bad and I will create a thread for you.

Somehow I don't think you will get over it no matter what I do.

baja
10-04-2009, 08:16 PM

The trade didn't make sense to a whole lot of people and seeing how smart they (Broncos) are with everything else I would say that it's a very good chance they know something you (and everyone else) don't. Possible?

TheDave
10-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Didn't make sense to a whole lot of people and seeing how smart they are with everything else I would say that it's a very good chance they know something you (and everyone else) don't. Possible?

Maybe... but like I said, I'm not arguing anything against McKidd.

Coming in here trading the QB, trading next years 1st for a CB, and suspending BMarsh for preseason were all high risk moves.

...and at 4-0 He's been right much more than I thought possible.

Rock Chalk
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Lucky for Josh, he didn't trade him. Bowlen did. Ordered Josh to find a trading partner.

Your issue is with Bowlen. Not McDaniels.

Broncoman13
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM

I don't agree. Even Cutler can learn to loosen his grip and play with some semblance of a careful QB. His last three games in Chicago should be enough of a sample to show that while only throwing the ball 25-30 times per game he can be efficient and effective. Seriously though, who really cares. We're 4-0 and nobody is really talking about Cutler at this point... 'cept for you???

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't agree. Even Cutler can learn to loosen his grip and play with some semblance of a careful QB. His last three games in Chicago should be enough of a sample to show that while only throwing the ball 25-30 times per game he can be efficient and effective. Seriously though, who really cares. We're 4-0 and nobody is really talking about Cutler at this point... 'cept for you???

Um read theDaves post that started this thread. Then come back and tell me I am not the only one talking about Cutler. I responded to that and also paid Cutler a compliment. Reading, its FUNdamental.

TheDave
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Lucky for Josh, he didn't trade him. Bowlen did. Ordered Josh to find a trading partner.

Actually... No, I don't have an issue is with either of them. That's kind of the point of this thread. ;D

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 08:25 PM

No way. There is NO way Cutler is 2-2 if his defense is giving up 26 points in four games. For reference that is better than the per game AVERAGE last year.

baja
dave you almost make eating crow sound good.:clown:

It was a self serving

SJ Bronco
I'll eat crow on McDaniels, but I still think Orton is crap. I'm not sure I want Cutler back either though. I'd love to shop the offseason looking for that QB that will take us to the championships. As good as our D is, we have 2 or three key components that aren't getting any younger.

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
No way. There is NO way Cutler is 2-2 if his defense is giving up 26 points in four games. For reference that is better than the per game AVERAGE last year.

Fair enough I won't argue as its an argument that no one will really ever be able to prove.

I hate to respond though. Apparently I am the only one talking about Cutler in here. Oh crap Oskie don't call me out I said his name again.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I am gonna server up some crow too.

All the guys that wanted to replace Shanahan appear to be right. That's not a knock on Shanahan either, he was just tired of it. You could tell by the end.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 08:28 PM

It's not a linear equation. Maybe if Culter is here they give up more points because the defense plays loose.

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I'll eat crow on McDaniels, but I still think Orton is crap. I'm not sure I want Cutler back either though. I'd love to shop the offseason looking for that QB that will take us to the championships. As good as our D is, we have 2 or three key components that aren't getting any younger.

Not to be glib, but none of them are getting younger ;D

delany
10-04-2009, 08:30 PM

All the guys that wanted to replace Shanahan appear to be right. That's not a knock on Shanahan either, he was just tired of it. You could tell by the end.

Fisher might be there as well. Too many years at the same location, McNair thing last year...

Steve Sewell
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah cause he's proved the last 3 games in chicago that he can't adjust....get over it apa, we would be better w/ cutler...

waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

errand
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
By now the optimistic side of me felt we would be 2-2. 4-0 NEVER entered my mind.

Never in a million years did I see this coming.

There's an old saying...if you aim for nothing you'll always hit your target. You're first problem was being such a pessimist.

Of course you never saw it coming, being a pessimist is why, along with basing your thoughts on emotion instead of logic.....i mean, it's not like people on here didn't tell you we could be 4-0 and have a good team.

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM
It's not a linear equation. Maybe if Culter is here they give up more points because the defense plays loose.

Maybe. Certainly we got some pieces by trading him in addition to Orton, and those have to factor into any "debate", which in general I'm not interested in getting in. Broncos are successful now, why worry about soemthing else? I'm just saying let's not get all Stalin revisionist here. Tack on an additional TD a game..heck TWO, and that is still more than a TD better than what he got on defense last year. The increased volatility that would result in defense as well as offense needing to make plays that might go the other way...could be 3-1, but I just can't see 2-2 assuming the same level of health and largely the same other moves.

For one, I suspect Bmarsh would have been a little less crazy without a successful busride out of town.

SJ Bronco
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Not to be glib, but none of them are getting younger ;D

;D Bastard

SJ Bronco
10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
regardless of your position on this team, I really feel like this cowboy win was the one that finally brought this board back together....I feel the love today. Can you imagine the gasoline and matches being tossed around here if we were 0-4!!?

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 08:39 PM
There's an old saying...if you aim for nothing you'll always hit your target. You're first problem was being such a pessimist.

Of course you never saw it coming, being a pessimist is why, along with basing your thoughts on emotion instead of logic.....i mean, it's not like people on here didn't tell you we could be 4-0 and have a good team.

Oh come now, logic? Certainly there were things to suggest we'd be better than the prognosticators saying we'd be 3-13, but come on, if you did a map 4-0 is not going to be the highest probability which any argument to logic would require. You could search the internet and find hundreds of instances of fans suggesting all the "experts" are wrong with their predictions....and find the fans to be wrong. Somewhat recently in 2008 where Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury (I think he's still there) suggesting the Zorn hire was TERRIBLE. And all the Skins fans coming in and tearing him a new one when they went 6-3 last year. But who ended up being right?

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
regardless of your position on this team, I really feel like this cowboy win was the one that finally brought this board back together....I feel the love today. Can you imagine the gasoline and matches being tossed around here if we were 0-4!!?

Ugh...good god the flagellation would have been crazy here. I'm absolutely stoked. I liked what I heard about the lockerroom being happy but business like. Just filled with a confidence, like they are proud but EXPECTED to win. That is awesome to hear, and I hope to hear about that for another 14 times (I'm thinking they should get rowdy for the Superbowl).

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 08:43 PM

So true the civility is much better. Winning always cures all! Unless you are Lex or broncofan7 but then again nothing will ever make them happy I've decided.

Steve Sewell
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I still can't believe that Nolan has turned this D around this fast. I keep rubbing my eyes, but the picture doesn't change. It's for real. I am a happy Broncos fan. I prefer to let bygones be bygones, but I don't think this would have ever happened under Shanahan. And now, I also feel that I can trust the new draft gurus on this team. The people they brought in are gold. And the coaching (and moving around) of some who were already here has gone up a quantum notch. Hell, who knew Andra Davis could play like this? Or Mario Haggan? The weakest link on this team right now is at QB, but I trust that the FO we have now is going to fix that too, down the road. My faith is restored. Hallelujah! ;D

Orton wins games. Cry more...

wolf754life
10-04-2009, 08:45 PM

you have no idea how much this post means to me...

see the light brother, see the light!

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
you have no idea how much this post means to me...

see the light brother, see the light!

This doesn't mean we'll be taking windy walks. I mean you had to eventually be right. :)

Steve Sewell
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe... but like I said, I'm not arguing anything against McKidd.

Coming in here trading the QB, trading next years 1st for a CB, and suspending BMarsh for preseason were all high risk moves.

...and at 4-0 He's been right much more than I thought possible.

Broncos > Cutler

Most fans get that.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM
This team is 2-2 at best with Cutler. He doesn't have patience nor the brains to make the reads necessary.
That is absolutely ridiculous, but if makes you feel better ...

To me, the #1 offensive factor for this incredible start is Orton. Not what he's done, but what he hasn't done. The zero interceptions are a big part of it.

We're winning with defense if course ... so think about high-profile teams that have won with defense: The 2000 Ravens had one of the best defenses ever, but when Tony Banks was quarterbacking early in the year, and his penchant for turnovers cost them games. Then they went to Dilfer, he proved himself a low-risk game manager, and they rolled. That's what Kyle's doing now

Apa I'm sorry, but Kyle isn't making any of the special "reads" you refer to. In fact the passing game is simple, even rudimentary right now. But he is proving himself a Dilfer-like low-risk game manager. And that might ba all we need ;D

BroncoBuff
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
4th Course: Desert... served up by Coach Nolan. Never in my wildest imagination would this defense look anything like this. Going from #30 to #1 would have been a Kool Aid drinking superfan type of thing to say. Here's to Nolan and kool aid drinking superfans. ;D

Hear hear! My sentiments exactly ... every word :notworthy

theAPAOps5
10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Buff its a moot point I will make my case and then leave it at that and agree to disagree. Do realize that the WR's have up to 3 routes each they can run based on the Defense. Orton has to know that and anticipate what all of them will run. He also calls the running plays at the line most times based on his reads. He also has to read where the coverage is. Thats the whole McD offense. Its chock full of reads. Its why he had to carry around a spiral notebook all offseason just to get a basic understanding of the reads. So actually you are wrong he makes a lot of reads.

But we are 4-0 and thats all that matters. Lets all hug it out and move on!

Steve Sewell
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM

To be fair, I know a guy who played as a special teamer on the Broncos (who was that certain someone who was offsides on a punt yet caused a fumble on a punt return in our first SB victory) who told me that the Shanahan was the ultimate players coach. But I'm sure his message got stale eventually.

Spider
10-04-2009, 09:06 PM

;D hey bro ..........props...........we still disagree about cutler ;D
Orton is a perfect fit here

DenverBrit
10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Buff its a moot point I will make my case and then leave it at that and agree to disagree. Do realize that the WR's have up to 3 routes each they can run based on the Defense. Orton has to know that and anticipate what all of them will run. He also calls the running plays at the line most times based on his reads. He also has to read where the coverage is. Thats the whole McD offense. Its chock full of reads. Its why he had to carry around a spiral notebook all offseason just to get a basic understanding of the reads. So actually you are wrong he makes a lot of reads.

But we are 4-0 and thats all that matters. Lets all hug it out and move on!

http://www.angelika.nl/kleurplaten/content/teigetje/rest/big_hug.gif

ZONA
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM

How do you get better then 4-0? So a 4-0 Cutler led team would be better then a 4-0 Orton led team? I guess, maybe if you are into fantasy football or something. In real life, Orton's Broncos are 4-0 and who gives a damn what Cutler is doing.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
How do you get better then 4-0? So a 4-0 Cutler led team would be better then a 4-0 Orton led team? I guess, maybe if you are into fantasy football or something. In real life, Orton's Broncos are 4-0 and who gives a damn what Cutler is doing.

No, he said "2-2 at best" because Jay is "too dumb." Hambone's right, that's a silly statement ... we're winning with defense.

Bronco X
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
This thread has been stamped.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5967/mcdanielsservescrow.gif

~Crash~
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM

I see a guy that shoots his wad easly

~Crash~
10-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Nolan. has won these games

tsiguy96
10-04-2009, 10:11 PM
and to think how many neg reps i got this summer telling everyone to wait until the season starts before the team fail posts start...

lazarus4444
10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I + rep'd you TheDave for eating your crow like a man...

HAT
10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Great post TD............

Rock Chalk
10-04-2009, 10:27 PM

Actually if we were 0-4 I think teh board would be together to. In misery. We'd all be pissed and questioning everything and other people would be eating crow. Not me mind you, I don't eat crow. I throw grenades but I don't eat crow.

OCBronco
10-04-2009, 10:43 PM
The scary part about this team is that the offense hasn't gelled yet. I figured they would probably lose a couple games early, then beat teams they were supposed to lose to later on when the offense put it together. I also figured that Nolan knew what he was doing and the D would move up to the middle of the pack, which would be good enough to go 8-8, maybe 9-7.

The team has gotten a few lucky breaks here and there, but no one could have expected the D to come together the way it has. Once the offense gets in a rhythm and gets everyone on the same page, this team could be really dangerous later on.

I'm also really impressed with the way all the veterans have bought into what McD is selling. McD looks like he knows exactly what he's doing, and there isn't another rookie or free agent coach (that we could have had at the time) that I would rather have right now.

cutthemdown
10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
I thought Mcdaniels played it too conservative when we had the 3rd and 1, then the 4th one, late in game. He ran up middle both times and I think missed a good chance to go for the endzone.

Overall though he calls a nice game and seems to get better as the game goes on. That tells me the coaches are figuring the defense out as the game goes on.

We have a really good gameday coaching staff.

Kaylore
10-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Can we get off Cutler? We're 4-0 and it doesn't matter.

skpac1001
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM

There is no way this defense is giving up 26 points in 4 games if Cutler is playing. Like it or not, Orton not turning the ball over is a strong contributor to that stat.

PS. Guess how many games where the Denver D gave up more then 30 points last year (and there were alot of them) had at least one turnover from Cutler? If you guess all of them you win a prize, and a pretty healthy number had 2-3 turnovers by Cutler, if I remember right.

Mr. Elway
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Apa I'm sorry, but Kyle isn't making any of the special "reads" you refer to. In fact the passing game is simple, even rudimentary right now. But he is proving himself a Dilfer-like low-risk game manager. And that might ba all we need ;D

FWIW: This week in the Josh McDaniels Show, the coach went out of his way to point out that Orton was doing an exceptional job with pre-snap reads and adjustments. He gave him direct credit for some of our longer runs this season, including the 40+ yd Buckhalter run to the left last week.

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 11:19 PM
There is no way this defense is giving up 26 points in 4 games if Cutler is playing. Like it or not, Orton not turning the ball over is a strong contributor to that stat.

PS. Guess how many games where the Denver D gave up more then 30 points last year (and there were alot of them) had at least one turnover from Cutler? If you guess all of them you win a prize, and a pretty healthy number had 2-3 turnovers by Cutler, if I remember right.

Well Cutler had more than 20 TO's so that's not exactly an enlightening stat. in the 50's a large number of criminals read comics. It got comics turned into conformist 4 color garbage that took 20 years to climb back from. Amazingly, no one noticed that MOST kids and young adults in the 50's read comics. IE, with that many TO's, MOST games are going to feature a TO, and in fact many will have more than one.

And that's partially because Cutler is slinging the rock because he can't trust the D or we are behind. Hey I'm not going to excuse that kind of TO machine. It was absolutely terrible. But it's not like he wasn't under some pressure to basically do that given those issues and the meat grinder situation we had with the running game.

Either way, I addressed this point. I'm not interested in getting into this debate, but the point was there is no way, assuming similar moves and health, our team would have been 2-2 AT BEST with Cutler.

BroncoDoug
10-05-2009, 03:00 AM
.http://i38.tinypic.com/20797w1.gif

Traveler
10-05-2009, 04:28 AM
ps. Guess how many games where the denver d gave up more then 30 points last year (and there were alot of them) had at least one turnover from cutler? If you guess all of them you win a prize, and a pretty healthy number had 2-3 turnovers by cutler, if i remember right.

Hogan11
10-05-2009, 07:06 AM

That is hilarious :spit:Ha!

Punisher
10-05-2009, 07:23 AM

No one man Above the team!

oubronco
10-05-2009, 07:32 AM
He's stopped the INT's (for now) but is still a fumble machine. They're lucky their not 1-3 right now (two choke job kicking games in a row?). He's got a ton of athletic ability but he's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

with that line of thinking we should be 2-2 as well if it wasn't for the Bungle in the Jungle and 2 great catches yesterday which 1 should've been an int but Moreno made a great catch on and Marshall had great focus to haul his in and then the yac

Would've should've happens in every game and is part of the game we are 4-0 so have fun with it

barryr
10-05-2009, 07:42 AM
The Broncos are 4-0 and still the bozos want to talk about Cutler. Obsessive compulsives.

colonelbeef
10-05-2009, 07:43 AM

that picture cracks me up

rbackfactory80
10-05-2009, 08:02 AM

I agree with this a hundred percent. You change any part a probably get a different result. Cutler throws a couple picks in the red zone, the other team scores quickly and the defense gets discouraged having to defend a short field every time. It is that simple to turn a possible win into a crushing blowout.

jhns
10-05-2009, 08:13 AM
No one man Above the team!

Except Marshall.

I still think they handled Cutler wrong and the front office acted like it had no idea what it was doing. I don't think they could have handled Marshall better than they did though. Hopefully that means we won't have that crap happen again. I do think we are a much better team with Cutler. I still hope we address the QB position next offseason. Orton is making everyone elses job a lot harder on offense.

While I don't think I was wrong with any of that, McDaniels has earned some respect from me now. Nolan and all the other roster moves seem to be working out better than anyone expected. Now the only thing left to cry about is Cutler. Hopefully we keep this up. Just like I said this offseason, the chargers suck and this division should be easy to win.

55CrushEm
10-05-2009, 08:20 AM

Not necessarily.......Cutler has made lots of mistakes in 4th quarters. Orton refuses to put the ball in risky spots.

Did anyone see the stat on Orton's FOURTH QUARTER passer rating this season? 144.7 !!!

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Just like I said this offseason, the chargers suck and this division should be easy to win.

That's odd, I could have sworn you said something completely different this offseason. :wiggle:

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Not necessarily.......Cutler has made lots of mistakes in 4th quarters. Orton refuses to put the ball in risky spots.

Did anyone see the stat on Orton's FOURTH QUARTER passer rating this season? 144.7 !!!

Anyone see his completion %--and with OUR WEAPONS IN MCD's QB friendly system--so he plays great 1 qtr per game

22nd in completion %--un--FREAKIN-ACCEPTABLE

And their is NOT ONE PERSON ON HERE WHO WOULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT OUR DEFENSE WOULD BE AVERAGING ALLOWING ONLY AROUND A TOUCHDOWN PER GAME--NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Being that we are only giving up ~7 per game--we should have won all 4 games HANDILY--but because we are carrying around that ANCHOR @ QB--we have struggled to beat two teams that we held to 7 and 10 points!!!!! WAKE UP--Orton is Garbage--Nolan is the messiah and Dawkins is a disciple...........but DO NOT DEFEND Orton as being a capable QB........he has been great in the 4th qtr--too bad their are 3 others....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2009&sort=41&timeframe=ToDate

rbackfactory80
10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Anyone see his completion %--and with OUR WEAPONS IN MCD's QB friendly system--so he plays great 1 qtr per game

22nd in completion %--un--FREAKIN-ACCEPTABLE

And their is NOT ONE PERSON ON HERE WHO WOULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT OUR DEFENSE WOULD BE AVERAGING ALLOWING ONLY AROUND A TOUCHDOWN PER GAME--NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Being that we are only giving up ~7 per game--we should have won all 4 games HANDILY--but because we are carrying around that ANCHOR @ QB--we have struggled to beat two teams that we held to 7 and 10 points!!!!! WAKE UP--Orton is Garbage--Nolan is the messiah and Dawkins is a disciple...........but DO NOT DEFEND Orton as being a capable QB........he has been great in the 4th qtr--too bad their are 3 others....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2009&sort=41&timeframe=ToDate

The art of persuasion.

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

jhns
10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
That's odd, I could have sworn you said something completely different this offseason. :wiggle:

Well I never predicted anything for Denver. I did say we could win the division since KC and Oak are crap. SD has won 3 less games the last 3 years so we only have to get 6 wins to get the division. That was my exact reasoning before. I'm not saying I said Denver would be good.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
The art of persuasion.

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

Facts are facts--either you are a clear thinking person or you are not......we are 4-0 because of our D/ST--NOT ORTON. he is our handicap..........

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I'll be happy to eat a heaping portion of crow regarding Brandon Marshall. I had all but given up on him. His attitude thus far has blown me out of the water. I keep hearing how hard he's practicing and how professional he's been and I'm scratching my head wondering who kidnapped Brandon Marshall. Then I saw the catch and run after the catch yesterday and realized, it's still Brandon. I think McDaniels did a great job of handling the situation in the pre-season but I have to hand it to Brandon for swallowing a little pride and becoming a team player.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Facts are facts--either you are a clear thinking person or you are not......we are 4-0 because of our D/ST--NOT ORTON. he is our handicap..........

These aren't facts. This is your jaded opinion that you've had of Kyle Orton long before he even arrived in Denver and had his first press conference.

The facts are the QB has a 97.7 QB rating with 5 TD's and 0 INT's.

FACTS.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn472/rgault00/Orton-1.png

dbfan4life
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM
My serving of crow came from my wife of all people. She's had to endure non-stop moaning and groaning all offseason. After the game she looks me directly in the eye and says, "Now can't you see that McDaniels acutally knows what he's doing?" I had to laugh. Called out by the wife!

55CrushEm
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM
These aren't facts. This is your jaded opinion that you've had of Kyle Orton long before he even arrived in Denver and had his first press conference.

FACTS.

Yep.....he's not flashy, but more importantly, he's EFFICIENT and is making ZERO mistakes. Why is that a bad thing? He had 70% completion percentage yesterday with 2 TD's......what more do you want?? And it's hardly a LIABILITY, as whinybroncofan7 attempts to illustrate......

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Yep.....he's not flashy, but more importantly, he's EFFICIENT and is making ZERO mistakes. Why is that a bad thing? He had 70% completion percentage yesterday with 2 TD's......what more do you want?? And it's hardly a LIABILITY, as whinybroncofan7 attempts to illustrate......

22nd in the league on the season and HE THROWS MOSTLY SHORT PASSES!!!!!.....Further, with a 70% completion percentage why did we struggle to beat a team while holding them to 10 points? He had 3 qtrs to come back and it literally TOOK HIM INTO THE 2 MINUTE WARNING TO FINALLY GET US INTO THE LEAD.........

DrFate
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
that picture cracks me up

the Popeye expression amuses me the most

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM

FACTS.

59% completion %...his team only gives up ~ 7 points per game and we could have lost TWO OF THEM.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
We could be the NO Saints of the AFC--but we are not--and why is that? Because of our QB.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
22nd in the league on the season and HE THROWS MOSTLY SHORT PASSES!!!!!.....Further, with a 70% completion percentage why did we struggle to beat a team while holding them to 10 points? He had 3 qtrs to come back and it literally TOOK HIM INTO THE 2 MINUTE WARNING TO FINALLY GET US INTO THE LEAD.........

How many penalties did we have in the first half yesterday?

For the last time, this offense is not going to be throwing the ball down field all damn game long. It's about ball control, playing it safe, running the ball and limiting turnovers. Have you not figured that out yet?

Orton missed a few passes yesterday, we all saw it too... but in the 2nd half he again decided to man up and make a few throws.

Like I said, you hated Orton before he arrived in Denver. It has nothing to do with his play on the field because you clearly are going to have a hard time convincing everyone he is the albatross, noodle arm, limped wristed loser you've been building him up to be.

97.7 QB rating which accounts for completion percentage. Cherry pick all you want, his QB rating is currently 7th in the NFL.

TonyR
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Orton was also under a lot of pressure and got hit quite a few times. We didn't handle the blitzes very well several times.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
We could be the NO Saints of the AFC--but we are not--and why is that? Because of our QB.

Drew Brees is currently 1 of the 2 best QB's in the League right now. A lot of teams could be a LOT better if he was their QB.

Popcorn Sutton
10-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Orton was also under a lot of pressure and got hit quite a few times. We didn't handle the blitzes very well several times.

Agreed.

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM

For the last time, this offense is not going to be throwing the ball down field all damn game long. It's about ball control, playing it safe, running the ball and limiting turnovers. Have you not figured that out yet?

Orton missed a few passes yesterday, we all saw it too... but in the 2nd half he again decided to man up and make a few throws.

Like I said, you hated Orton before he arrived in Denver. It has nothing to do with his play on the field because you clearly are going to have a hard time convincing everyone he is the albatross, noodle arm, limped wristed loser you've been building him up to be.

97.7 QB rating which accounts for completion percentage. Cherry pick all you want, his QB rating is currently 7th in the NFL.

This.

spdirty
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM

I couldnt agree more. With everything you said. Looks like Mc is here to stay.

Though I still dont care at all for Kyle Orton.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Shows character to start a thread to eat your crow, Dave. You really were a major pain in the ass all year up til now. Don't go south again, eh? It was pretty disgusting to see you pile on with all the other snivelers before the team even heard the season's opening whistle.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM

59% completion % in a dink and dunk designed offense..that is unacceptable an d in the bottom 3rd in the entire NFL--we almost lost two games when our defense gave up only 7 and 10 points respectively---those games should not have been in doubt........

MOCRUSH
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM

I'll have what he's having...the Mc handle will remain for the rest of the season as my penance.

spdirty
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Yeah I think McD wouldve handled the Cutler situation like he did with BMarsh if he had a choice.

orinjkrush
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM

and we're going to see more of that till we fix it.

TheReverend
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Got a few quick minutes before I get super busy again and this looks like a good place to throw things down.

Elvis is playing PERFECT football. Even on the play where the announcer claimed he was the one available to make the tackle but it appeared he over-pursued, he did the right thing by running to the outside and engaging the blocker. It forces contain and pushes the runner inside with no lead blocker.

I can't say enough about how great Elvis is playing in a completely new position. This guy needs an extension tomorrow before he breaks the sack record and we're screwed.

I'm as straight as they come, but I'd blow Mike Nolan out of appreciation.

And as far as Mike Nolan being in Denver, McD certainly deserves the credit for getting him on staff.

I don't feel nearly as good about the offense as I do the defense... which also feels weird to say! I love our running game (credit to Turner and Dennison) and I love the emphasis on running the football (credit to McD). Our passing game is legitimately sad though.

I certainly agree with TheDave about Cutler staying. I think if he were still here, with this defense and running game, this is a championship football team bar none.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Well I never predicted anything for Denver. I did say we could win the division since KC and Oak are crap. SD has won 3 less games the last 3 years so we only have to get 6 wins to get the division. That was my exact reasoning before. I'm not saying I said Denver would be good.

Just giving you a hard time. One of these days you will admit to being wrong about something this offseason (but I'm not holding my breath).

Popps
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Got a few quick minutes before I get super busy again and this looks like a good place to throw things down.

Elvis is playing PERFECT football. Even on the play where the announcer claimed he was the one available to make the tackle but it appeared he over-pursued, he did the right thing by running to the outside and engaging the blocker. It forces contain and pushes the runner inside with no lead blocker.

I can't say enough about how great Elvis is playing in a completely new position. This guy needs an extension tomorrow before he breaks the sack record and we're screwed..

I agree. He's probably the most important piece to our defense. We've absolutely got to get him locked up, along with a few others guys.

I said during the offseason that moving him out of the 4-3 DE position was going to be addition by subtraction for our front 7. If you watch yesterday, it's the ability to get an extra step in space that makes him almost unstoppable, at times.

And don't look now, but Ayers is starting to show flashes, too.
:strong:

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 11:34 AM

I have yet to rewatch the game, but I seem to remember Ayers getting pressure on several occasions yesterday. He was also in for a lot of downs - no longer just on third. He has both flashed AND shown weekly improvement. Very exciting!

jhns
10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Just giving you a hard time. One of these days you will admit to being wrong about something this offseason (but I'm not holding my breath).

I vote that you do hold your breath. I will look through my posts and find something to bump and say I was wrong. It may take me a while since that is pretty rare.

jhns
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I vote that you do hold your breath. I will look through my posts and find something to bump and say I was wrong. It may take me a while since that is pretty rare.

Ok I don't know how to copy/paste on this phone but I found a post of mine that pretty much said we will end with a top 10 pick. I actually said it a few times. I will admit that this prediction is wrong. Pretty much everything I said about the defense is wrong. My best prediction was for them to be a middle of the pack defense. I see them being much better than middle of the pack now. It is actually really funny to read some of these old posts and theads.

I wasn't really wrong though. I think the mods or someone edited all of my posts just to make me look bad. That is obvious since I am never wrong.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Ok I don't know how to copy/paste on this phone but I found a post of mine that pretty much said we will end with a top 10 pick. I actually said it a few times. I will admit that this prediction is wrong. Pretty much everything I said about the defense is wrong. My best prediction was for them to be a middle of the pack defense. I see them being much better than middle of the pack now. It is actually really funny to read some of these old posts and theads.

I wasn't really wrong though. I think the mods or someone edited all of my posts just to make me look bad. That is obvious since I am never wrong.

Hell has frozen over. Props for taking your medicine :thumbsup:

tsiguy96
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM

maybe you shouldnt have been such a whiny retard and actually waited to see the team on the field before predicting doom and gloom on everyone. like many of us said all offseason.

jhns
10-05-2009, 12:21 PM
maybe you shouldnt have been such a whiny retard and actually waited to see the team on the field before predicting doom and gloom on everyone. like many of us said all offseason.

Maybe you should stop being such a little girl about everything... I thought you had me on ignore? What happened with that? You are by far the most emo poster on this site. "Oh noes, now dallas is just bad and everyone hated us..."

Sorry, I just don't seem to like you.

mr007
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM

and you wonder why people don't like you.... seriously.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Weak. Don't include me in your "us".

tsiguy96
10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
and you wonder why people don't like you.... seriously.

sorry that im right. now that all the whiners are back and happy once again now that the team is winning, which is a good thing dont get me wrong, but atleast them fessing up to their crying all summer for no point would be nice.

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
sorry that im right. now that all the whiners are back and happy once again now that the team is winning, which is a good thing dont get me wrong, but atleast them fessing up to their crying all summer for no point would be nice.

Try reading the posts instead of just jizzing your pants over how right you were.

tsiguy96
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
i am reading them, thedave gets total props for fessing up. i really just wish people would not get into this situation by spending months convincing themselves the team would suck and rather just wait til they see teh team on the field.

BroncoFanDoug
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Dave - nice job manning up.

Orton haters - we did NOT trade Cutler for Orton. We won't be able to fully analyze the trade until we see how the number 1's we got pan out. And at this point I would not bet against McD in evaluating talent...

mr007
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
i am reading them, thedave gets total props for fessing up. i really just wish people would not get into this situation by spending months convincing themselves the team would suck and rather just wait til they see teh team on the field.

there's a method to wishing that doesn't include calling people retards and every name you possibly can simply because they don't agree with your synopsis of the team at any given point in time.

Maybe someday you'll learn that, it's a pretty good quality to obtain.

baja
10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hell has frozen over. Props for taking your medicine :thumbsup:

The humility is overwhelming

Paladin
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, some humility is......

Mostly, it's underwhelming......

TheReverend
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree. He's probably the most important piece to our defense. We've absolutely got to get him locked up, along with a few others guys.

I said during the offseason that moving him out of the 4-3 DE position was going to be addition by subtraction for our front 7. If you watch yesterday, it's the ability to get an extra step in space that makes him almost unstoppable, at times.

I disagree.

I'm a massive Ayers homer, but still not seeing these flashes. For example on the Vonnie Holliday sack... he actually stopped and watched for 2 seconds (Yes, I timed it) before hopping in to help wrap up. We don't need pile on players trying to pad stats, we need active play makers. He's not showing it yet.

That's obviously not to say he WON'T, because if he does... that's a hell of an OLB crew. As is, Haggan is playing pretty f'ing good. I'd still rather have DJ in that spot with Woodyard playing full time, but ya win some ya lose some.

IF Ayers does eventually step up, it will give justification to trading Jay. 4-0 is 4-0 and significantly better than I ever thought this team was capable. Great credit to Mike Nolan there and credit to McD by default for hiring him and emphasizing the run, but I definitely think we'd be a decisive 4-0 and a legit superbowl contender with a real NFL QB.

rastaman
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM

According to Bowlen....Cutler may have returned his calls "He Just Didn't Recall. Cutler and his agent said they tried returning Bowlen calls as well. But who really cares at this point both teams have winning records of 3-1 and 4-0 respectively.

rastaman
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Dave - nice job manning up.

Orton haters - we did NOT trade Cutler for Orton. We won't be able to fully analyze the trade until we see how the number 1's we got pan out. And at this point I would not bet against McD in evaluating talent...

Orton Doubter Speaks.

McDaniels knows Orton is not the long term answer and Orton knows he's only a stop gap QB and is really playing to get a large contract as a back up QB.

NYBronc
10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
FWIW, Kornheiser apologizes to McDaniels and Nolan.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I disagree.

I'm a massive Ayers homer, but still not seeing these flashes. For example on the Vonnie Holliday sack... he actually stopped and watched for 2 seconds (Yes, I timed it) before hopping in to help wrap up. We don't need pile on players trying to pad stats, we need active play makers. He's not showing it yet.

That's obviously not to say he WON'T, because if he does... that's a hell of an OLB crew. As is, Haggan is playing pretty f'ing good. I'd still rather have DJ in that spot with Woodyard playing full time, but ya win some ya lose some.

IF Ayers does eventually step up, it will give justification to trading Jay. 4-0 is 4-0 and significantly better than I ever thought this team was capable. Great credit to Mike Nolan there and credit to McD by default for hiring him and emphasizing the run, but I definitely think we'd be a decisive 4-0 and a legit superbowl contender with a real NFL QB.

Give the Orton-bashing a rest. He's a legit NFL QB. I've seen some non-legit QB's, and Orton isn't one of them.

Eldorado
10-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I disagree.

hrrr... Ayers is a beast. I've rewatched every snap he has played this year (through the Dallas 1st half) and the only reason I can figure he is not on the field every down is that he is a liability in coverage, and who are you going to send: Ayers or Doom? He is hands down our best olb against the run (it's not even ****ing close) and second in pass rush. For the last 2 games he has come in almost exclusively on nickle and generated significant pressure with doom and 2 other DL. DJ screws up 1-2 reads a game (usually trying to help out doom who has a hard time holding the edge on running plays) and outside of that is playing really well. Haggan is fine. Fields did really well against dallas, but swapped series with thomas, who did not.

I'm not sure about the Holiday sack. I'll look for it and bump tomorrow.

TheReverend
10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Give the Orton-bashing a rest. He's a legit NFL QB. I've seen some non-legit QB's, and Orton isn't one of them.

Are you aware that Orton, or anything resembling him, is not even mentioned in that post one single time?

Edit: Nevermind, there's a backhanded smack at the end.

Eldorado
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Are you aware that Orton, or anything resembling him, is not even mentioned in that post one single time?

Edit: Nevermind, there's a backhanded smack at the end.

rofl!11!

TheReverend
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
hrrr... Ayers is a beast. I've rewatched every snap he has played this year (through the Dallas 1st half) and the only reason I can figure he is not on the field every down is that he is a liability in coverage, and who are you going to send: Ayers or Doom? He is hands down our best olb against the run (it's not even ****ing close) and second in pass rush. For the last 2 games he has come in almost exclusively on nickle and generated significant pressure with doom and 2 other DL. DJ screws up 1-2 reads a game (usually trying to help out doom who has a hard time holding the edge on running plays) and outside of that is playing really well. Haggan is fine. Fields did really well against dallas, but swapped series with thomas, who did not.

I'm not sure about the Holiday sack. I'll look for it and bump tomorrow.

Hmmm... I'll take your word for it and watch more attentively next time around. Typically, an OLB/SDE that can set the edge and handle the point of attack will put up tackle stats in gobs.

Eldorado
10-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Hmmm... I'll take your word for it and watch more attentively next time around. Typically, an OLB/SDE that can set the edge and handle the point of attack will put up tackle stats in gobs.

Not the way Nolan is running it. The olbs job is to set the edge and turn the RB inside and let DJ and davis clean it up. Working well, too. Check out the leading tacklers on the team.

Nice call on Andre, btw. Great tackler and the only time I've seen him miss his assignment is when DJ jumps something and get in his way.

gyldenlove
10-05-2009, 05:56 PM

What is his record again when the defense gives up 14 or fewer points as they have done in every game so far?

gyldenlove
10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I disagree.

Ayers is going to be a defensive lineman within 2 years and a good one at that.

TotallyScrewed
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM

I haven't seen the "revise your prediction thread" so this seems a good enough place...

I WAS dead wrong in my prediction that Denver would likely win 4 or fewer games this year. That defense is incredible and nothing like last years' version. Well Done!! Special teams is kicking ass. Unbelieveable.

With the rest of the AFC West playing like crap, how soon could Denver lock up the West? The way is looks now, 8-8 or 9-7 could be enough and Denver sure looks better than KC, Oak, and a split with SD is not out of the realm.

Go Broncos!!

TotallyScrewed
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Many people just want to bash him without looking at what he's doing right now...You look lame. Epic fail to bash Cutler at this point...EPIC.

TotallyScrewed
10-05-2009, 06:10 PM

I'm still holding Lamont Jordan against them, but you've made some great points.

skpac1001
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
What is his record again when the defense gives up 14 or fewer points as they have done in every game so far?

Probably a pretty impressive record, but I would be even more impressed with a defense that could hold teams to 14 or fewer points per game despite Cutler throwing 5 picks and having 5 fumbles over 4 games.

Edit: To be honest they recovered 4 of those fumbles, but it tones down my point a little so I am leaving it in the small print.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Split with SD? I dont think SD can beat us this year at all.

SureShot
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Bump

TheDave
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
No how does one un-eat his crow... hmmm

SureShot
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM

You cant. All I can offer are some these.

http://www.stlcommercemagazine.com/archives/february2001/images/tums.jpg

TheReverend
01-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Ask and you shall receive:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/cbc82/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

rastaman
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM

Okay Tsiguy.....when is it a good time to talk reality predictions about the team? W/o getting accused of being doom and gloom mongers by you and your ilk?

When was the last time you were labled an Overly optimistic homer fan that is not living in reality?

TheDave
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Okay Tsiguy.....when is it a good time to talk reality predictions about the team? W/o getting accused of being doom and gloom mongers by you and your ilk?

When was the last time you were labled an Overly optimistic homer fan that is not living in reality?

In fairness I reffered to him as "supperfan" just this afternoon.

By the way where that damn 13-3 camp report? Hilarious!

TheReverend
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
In fairness I reffered to him as "supperfan" just this afternoon.

By the way where that damn 13-3 camp report? Hilarious!

Oh, where Bailey's going to be benched for Alfonso and OrtonNEXTTomBrady?

SureShot
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
If you guys dont stop Montrose will never come back and if he does this will cause him another $10k in therapy.

TheDave
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh, where Bailey's going to be benched for Alfonso and OrtonNEXTTomBrady?

If you guys dont stop Montrose will never come back and if he does this will cause him another $10k in therapy.

You guys should see the nasty **** in my rep comments because I made fun of that damn thread.

Some of it almost hurt my feelings :rofl:

TheReverend
01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
You guys should see the nasty **** in my rep comments because I made fun of that damn thread.

Some of it almost hurt my feelings :rofl:

Do you know that the reason he left is because he apparently felt harrassed by ME from his comments in that thread? Wtf man? You were worse than I was, and somehow I drove him to therapy?!

Lol, Alfonso > Bailey

Punisher
01-04-2010, 07:23 AM
mod note: pic is probably NSFW, so you'll have to click the link if you wanna see it

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/9/75%20Why%20Even%20Wear%20A%20Shirt.jpg

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Split with SD? I dont think SD can beat us this year at all.

Woops!

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/9/75%20Why%20Even%20Wear%20A%20Shirt.jpg

Better than coffee.......

broncofan7
01-04-2010, 07:35 AM

Ipecac syrup.........I ingested mine after the Deadskins game.........

vancejohnson82
01-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Do you know that the reason he left is because he apparently felt harrassed by ME from his comments in that thread? Wtf man? You were worse than I was, and somehow I drove him to therapy?!

Lol, Alfonso > Bailey

what is the thread in question? the girlfriend drama thread?

that got out of control real quick