PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the year

Spider
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Is McD the coach of the year ? Mike Singletary ?

Broncosfreak_56
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Rex Ryan will most likely win it because he is coachingnew york, has mark sanchez..etc.

baja
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I did this one already and 50% said McD would win COY

Kid A
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Both doing awesome jobs. We'll see how it plays out. Either way I'm happy with our guy.

Natedog24
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
If the season ended today then yes, McD should win COTY

Spider
10-04-2009, 05:04 PM
reason I went with these 2 coaches is , they have surpassed all the experts predictions ........ and done in a grand fashion ......

chex
10-04-2009, 05:18 PM
COTY? Didn't anyone tell him he was supposed to **** the bed this year?

uplink
10-04-2009, 10:14 PM
McD and company rebuild their team

best 4 days of signing players (could say 7 of 22 starter here + a good backup special teams ace)

March 3
Signed DT Ronald Fields as an unrestricted free agent (San Francisco)
Signed CB Andre Goodman an as unrestricted free agent (Miami)
March 2
Signed LB Andra Davis as an unrestricted free agent (Cleveland)
Signed S Renaldo Hill as an unrestricted free agent (Miami)
Signed DL/LB Darrell Reid as an unrestricted free agent (Indianapolis)
March 1
Signed RB Correll Buckhalter as an unrestricted free agent (Philadelphia)
Signed WR Jabar Gaffney as an unrestricted free agent (New England)
February 28
Signed S Brian Dawkins as an unrestricted free agent (Philadelphia)<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Rock Chalk
10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
McD, Singletary and Rex Ryan are all doing a fantastic job right now and the expectations were not high for any team. Clearly the lowest for the broncos though.

Right now, McD would get it because his team is an improbable 4-0. However there are 12 games left and I think that any of those three could potentially win it.

delany
10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
McD and company rebuild their team

best 4 days of signing players (could say 7 of 22 starter here + a good backup special teams ace)

March 3
Signed DT Ronald Fields as an unrestricted free agent (San Francisco)
Signed CB Andre Goodman an as unrestricted free agent (Miami)
March 2
Signed LB Andra Davis as an unrestricted free agent (Cleveland)
Signed S Renaldo Hill as an unrestricted free agent (Miami)
Signed DL/LB Darrell Reid as an unrestricted free agent (Indianapolis)
March 1
Signed RB Correll Buckhalter as an unrestricted free agent (Philadelphia)
Signed WR Jabar Gaffney as an unrestricted free agent (New England)
February 28
Signed S Brian Dawkins as an unrestricted free agent (Philadelphia)<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Remarkably productive FA period. That is a hit on every one of those. Amazing.

Rock Chalk
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Remarkably productive FA period. That is a hit on every one of those. Amazing.

Yeah, that never happens either. Not for anyone.

BroncoMan4ever
10-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Rex Ryan will most likely win it because he is coachingnew york, has mark sanchez..etc.

possibly, but if McDaniels has this team competing in the playoffs this year after all the crap that so many people gave him wondering if he had any idea what he was doing, he might pull in a few more votes for proving so many people wrong.

Kaylore
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll wait until week 12 to have this discussion. Let's not get too high or we're just as stupid as the people who got too low.

HAT
10-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Let's not count out Spags just yet....

Merlin
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Way too early for this, but I would argue it should be McD. Singletary's 49s started playing well towards the end of last season. The Jets were still a decent team. Denver's offense became suspect (and yes, MacD and company have a role in its initial crisis), and no need to talk about its D. Despite that (and the handling of Marshal and his behavior), this team has performed admirably. Never panics, plays hard and disciplined football. MacD and the rest of the staff deserve all the credit here. So if the dream continues and he goes 10 or better wins, hands down the winner.

Meck77
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll wait until week 12 to have this discussion. Let's not get too high or we're just as stupid as the people who got too low.

I believe it was Marshall in a post game interview who said "We're going to enjoy this win for a few hours".