PDA

View Full Version : BRANDON MARSHALL Is BACK!

RhymesayersDU
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Save your idiocy, those who want to call him an idiot, flava clown, etc. Just save it. I get it, you tools hate everybody who doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to.

But #15 is back, and the world needs to take notice.

broncosteven
10-04-2009, 07:04 PM
At least I was right about this team needing Marshall to help win games.

Anyone who thought he was trying to drop passes and dog it once the RS started has an agenda.

PRBronco
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
See my new avatar note. If we get avs back I will try to think up a new one :)

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Save your idiocy, those who want to call him an idiot, flava clown, etc. Just save it. I get it, you tools hate everybody who doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to.

Wow, are you serious? "Doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to"? What a load of bull****. Marshall imploded this off season. He acted like a spoiled little baby, costing him precious time with the new Offense. If he wasn't such a gigantic **** up it wouldn't have taken him until week four to be "back". In fact, if he worked at his job as hard as he threw his tantrums there would have been nothing to bounce back from.

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
At least I was right about this team needing Marshall to help win games.

Anyone who thought he was trying to drop passes and dog it once the RS started has an agenda.

I was almost hoping that he was doing it on purpose because I didn't want to believe he was that stupid and that lazy. Turns out I was wrong. He is that stupid and he is that lazy.

misturanderson
10-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Amazing play that probably no one else in the NFL could have made. That is all.

TailgateNut
Wow, are you serious? "Doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to"? What a load of bull****. Marshall imploded this off season. He acted like a spoiled little baby, costing him precious time with the new Offense. If he wasn't such a gigantic **** up it wouldn't have taken him until week four to be "back". In fact, if he worked at his job as hard as he threw his tantrums there would have been nothing to bounce back from.

QFT.

He still needs 2790 attaboys to negate the aw****s on his "resume".:wiggle:

broncosteven

I like you Listo but if you base Marshall's attitude on production then I wonder what you think about Royal.

Fact is none of the WR's are tearing it up this year becuase our QB struggles to get them the ball.

We lose despite a great D performance if Marshall doesn't make 2 great catches and bails out his QB today.

Broncos are 4 - 0, the good thing is that they have lots of room for improvement on O.

Baba Booey
10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I need a pic of him hugging McDaniels. No homo that was awesome.

SoDak Bronco
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
BMARSH IS A BEAST...EnD thread

Killericon
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d813278e9/Broncos-postgame-press-conference

"Forget all that off the field stuff...I went to Brandon Stokely and I said 'How can I be great? What makes Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson great?' and he said 'You gotta take advantage of that deep ball.'"

Gcver2ver3
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I need a pic of him hugging McDaniels. No homo that was awesome.

no doubt...

that hug was the best off the field thing i've seen all year...

hopefully it builds from there...

rubaiyat
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I was almost hoping that he was doing it on purpose because I didn't want to believe he was that stupid and that lazy. Turns out I was wrong. He is that stupid and he is that lazy.

Stupid certainly, but what made him lazy? Been busy so haven't been able to keep up with all the drama of this offseason.

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I like you Listo but if you base Marshall's attitude on production then I wonder what you think about Royal.

Fact is none of the WR's are tearing it up this year becuase our QB struggles to get them the ball.

We lose despite a great D performance if Marshall doesn't make 2 great catches and bails out his QB today.

Broncos are 4 - 0, the good thing is that they have lots of room for improvement on O.

I'm saying that Marshall's preseason behavior had a negative impact on his play. He obviously played poorly at the beginning of the season. At the time I couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose, if it was just a continuation of his childish behavior.

Now he's playing better. Could be that he's starting to overcome his self-inflicted loss of practice time. Could be that he's finally over his tantrum. Could be that he had a hard time getting the mental part of this Offense. Could be a combination of those three things and more that I'm unaware of.

One thing for sure: The people like me who "called him out" for his ****ty play did it for one reason-he was playing ****ty. It had nothing to do with his ethnicity and it's douchebaggery/dumbassery to imply that it was. Just a really stupid opening post.

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Stupid certainly, but what made him lazy? Been busy so haven't been able to keep up with all the drama of this offseason.

Did you see the infamous practice video? He also just pulled up and stopped on routes earlier in the year, and generally gave a lackluster effort when he was on the field.

Broncosfreak_56
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9d/fullj.afb6f48f72e183b6c98bed461002782a/afb6f48f72e183b6c98bed461002782a-getty-88971981dp014_dallas_cowboy.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
That play was a thing of beauty....awesome YAC.

That is the portion of B-Marsh's game that gives him the potential to be one of the best in the league.

broncosteven
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm saying that Marshall's preseason behavior had a negative impact on his play. He obviously played poorly at the beginning of the season. At the time I couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose, if it was just a continuation of his childish behavior.

Now he's playing better. Could be that he's starting to overcome his self-inflicted loss of practice time. Could be that he's finally over his tantrum. Could be that he had a hard time getting the mental part of this Offense. Could be a combination of those three things and more that I'm unaware of.

So what is Royal's problem and where was Stokely today?

I need to rewatch the game but I don't remember seeing what WR's were in what formations other than Royal, Marshall and Gaffney.

Bronx33
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
My opinion of brandon is still on hold lets see if he can string a few games of good play then i will say hes back and say throw money at him yes he had an amazing play tof=day and yes it was clutch.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Seeing this, seeing how bad it was, and how much the situation has improved, no doubt Josh should get mad credit ^5

broncosteven
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
My opinion of brandon is still on hold lets see if he can string a few games of good play then i will say hes back and say throw money at him yes he had an amazing play tof=day and yes it was clutch.

I think Marshall made Orton a lot better today than he was. Royal could not do that and the ball wasn't anywhere near Gaffney so he could try to make Orton better either.

Drek
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM

I need to rewatch the game but I don't remember seeing what WR's were in what formations other than Royal, Marshall and Gaffney.

Stokley was out for today's game wasn't he?

And Royal is too often the primary target of opposing defenses, largely thanks to Marshall's off-field antics this pre-season. As teams find the need to respect Marshall more and Royal gets more comfortable in the offense he'll get his.

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM

From the games I've gotten to watch Royal is putting out the effort but not always able to get open. It seems to me that teams are keying on him more. Other than that I'd say Royal is the one who is hurting most from Orton's throws as opposed to Cutler's. Royal is really, really good at getting wide open for brief flashes. He has such great body control and comes out of his breaks so fluidly, but Orton doesn't take those gunslinger chances like Cutler did. I don't know if Orton can't gun it in there or won't, but it's not happening and I've seen too many plays where Royal gets open but he's covered by the time the ball gets there. I think he's also struggled a bit with the O, I've seen him break into coverage when there were open spots to go to.

I think Stokely has been effective in spots because he runs routes so well and he has great hands. Orton knows where he is supposed to be ahead of time so he's throwing to that spot before Stokely gets there. Stokely runs his route right to the ball and, if we're lucky, gets some nice RAC. I don't know why he wasn't effective today. My stream was intermittent so I'm going to have to watch a d/l version of the game when I can.

I think with Gaffney it's familiarity and route running, and he's also been somewhat effective this year.

listopencil
10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Seeing this, seeing how bad it was, and how much the situation has improved, no doubt Josh should get mad credit ^5

Yeah, absolutely.

Pseudofool
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
BRONCOS WR BRANDON MARSHALL

On his game-winning touchdown reception
"We kind of been looking for that look all game. It came down to a crucial moment of the game and they gave it to us, and we took advantage of it."
On Dallas' defensive alignment on his game-winning touchdown reception
"Again, hats off to (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels). He does a great job of preparing us for situational football, and that was a situation where we knew what personnel was on the field and what they do with that personnel. Before we even came out of the huddle, me and (QB) Kyle (Orton) were on the same page and we took advantage of it."
On if he now believes in McDaniels
"You never heard me say anything (bad) about him coaching or what he brings to the organization. Coach does a great job of preparing us and getting us in the right position and just getting our team going every day."
On his emotions following his game-winning touchdown reception
"It probably was one of my most emotional plays ever since little league, and I had a bunch of them. I am just grateful that we were able to capitalize on that look."
On how he feels after his difficulties prior to the season
"I feel good. I think the guys in the locker room and just the people around the organization embraced me and have just been there for me."
On when he realized he would score during his game-winning touchdown reception
"As soon as I caught it and I hit the middle of the field, I thought I had a chance to score, but the big body wasn't fast enough so I had to make some cuts to get to the end zone."
On his vision during his game-winning touchdown reception
"I saw big (TE) Daniel Graham (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1671/Daniel_Graham) out there, and it is always good to run behind the big body. Hats off to Daniel for just being downfield and hustling and making a block. That is something that he brings to our team just working all the time on each play."
On the receivers getting involved in the passing game late in the contest
"Coach (McDaniels) preaches all the time just about staying in the game. There are going to be some plays where we don't capitalize off of it. As long as it comes down to the fourth quarter, we pride ourselves on playing situational football. That situation came up and we took advantage of it."
On his emotion during Dallas' final drive
"Going back to Pop Warner, I have made a bunch of plays like that that really didn't mean anything because we ended up losing the game or something like that happened like if (Dallas QB Tony) Romo would have scored and gone into overtime. Hats off to the defense for standing up and making a big play going in and know the situation. We knew that their two-minute offense is one of the best in the business. I think the defense did a great job of just holding up."
On finally being involved in the offense
"I never complained about not being involved in the offense. I think when you take a new coaching staff and new players-it is almost a new team-it takes time to get that chemistry. You are not just going to get it over night. We still have a lot of work to do. I didn't expect to come into the season and put huge numbers. I just need to play my position and do my job, and everything will be alright."
On producing at a pivotal time in the game
"You pride yourself off of, the great players-actually, I went to (WR) Brandon Stokley (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2828/Brandon_Stokley) and I said, ‘How can I be great? Forget about the stuff off the field. How can I be great? What makes (Arizona WR Larry) Fitzgerald and (Texans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/HOU) WR) Andre Johnson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2728/Andre_Johnson) great? He said you have got to take advantage of that deep ball. I got an opportunity today and was grateful that I made a play on it."

Atwater His Ass
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM

I would also give McD credit for handling the situation. Although I'm sure he learned a lot about how not to handle things from Cutler. At least this shows that he has the capacity to learn from his mistakes and move forward.

Sassy
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Well, this is a good start...
and I'll give him credit for this press conference.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3516&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

But...would he feel the same way if the Broncos were losing?
He even made a comment about "FAMILY"

rastaman
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM

Big deal! Who's to say Brandon is just turning it on to only stick it to Denver with salary demands and to ensure he has teams fawning all over him. Yep the offseason was an implosion alright and perhaps to the point the irreperable harm may have already been done. Also, keep in mind Orton isn't exactly the type of QB top 5 or 10 WR's want to play with for the remainder of their careers. Could be, Marshall may have aspiration to play for teams that have the top 5 Qb's in the league.

rastaman
10-05-2009, 03:36 AM
I would also give McD credit for handling the situation. Although I'm sure he learned a lot about how not to handle things from Cutler. At least this shows that he has the capacity to learn from his mistakes and move forward.

I would say give credit to both Josh and Bmarsh for compromising with one another to try and win games b/c they're both on the same page. It takes to two to tangle.

Traveler
10-05-2009, 03:40 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d813278e9/Broncos-postgame-press-conference

"Forget all that off the field stuff...I went to Brandon Stokely and I said 'How can I be great? What makes Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson great?' and he said 'You gotta take advantage of that deep ball.'"

Kudos to Orton. Having said that, until we can start threatening teams with the long pass, this offense can't go to the next level.

Orton is doing a nice job "managing" the game, but he isn't the long term solution.

Our QB of the future isn't on this team yet IMO.

Hogan11
10-05-2009, 04:08 AM

This is where I'm at on the guy. That was a great play, but it was only one play and game winner or not, the guy needs to have a string of great games before any type of elite WR contract cash is thrown at him.

tnedator
10-05-2009, 05:23 AM

As Marshall said last week or the week before "I didn't go anywhere, man".

I am blown away by the people 'amazed' in seeing Marshall do something that he has been doing for 2 1/2 years or so, every since he started getting major playing time at the end of '06.

I can understand not being happy with the offseason stuff - I realize he acted like an idiot in training camp (still not sure what came first, his behavior or the scout team stuff), but I can't understand how people act like he had some kind of 'break out' game.

This is one of only a handful of NFL receivers to have back-to-back 100 reception seasons. Since entering the league, he has been known for his runs after catch.

ShutDownPoster
10-05-2009, 05:25 AM
As Marshall said last week or the week before "I didn't go anywhere, man".

I am blown away by the people 'amazed' in seeing Marshall do something that he has been doing for 2 1/2 years or so, every since he started getting major playing time at the end of '06.

I can understand not being happy with the offseason stuff - I realize he acted like an idiot in training camp (still not sure what came first, his behavior or the scout team stuff), but I can't understand how people act like he had some kind of 'break out' game.

This is one of only a handful of NFL receivers to have back-to-back 100 reception seasons. Since entering the league, he has been known for his runs after catch.

Yup, yesterdays' play reminded me of that one he had against the 'Hawks in '06.

oubronco
10-05-2009, 06:03 AM
That play was a thing of beauty....awesome YAC.

That is the portion of B-Marsh's game that gives him the potential to be one of the best in the league.

No doubt junkie and to think there are people on here that think he's not even the best wr on the team

crawdad
10-05-2009, 06:05 AM

Rep, could not have said it better myself!

oubronco
10-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Kudos to Orton. Having said that, until we can start threatening teams with the long pass, this offense can't go to the next level.

Orton is doing a nice job "managing" the game, but he isn't the long term solution.

Orton is playing smart but if he had any accuracy beyond 10-15yds they could be real good

Hogan11
10-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Orton is playing smart but if he had any accuracy beyond 10-15yds they could be real good

Once the finger gets healed....nah, forget it ROFL!

gtown
10-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Orton's accuracy is killing me. But at least he seems to get it together in the second half. He made several great throws late in the game today.

The first half was tough though. He was missing receivers by five yards. Maybe he's been reading the Mane and wants to go out and prove that he has a rocket arm by overthrowing it.

gyldenlove
10-05-2009, 07:29 AM
I would say give credit to both Josh and Bmarsh for compromising with one another to try and win games b/c they're both on the same page. It takes to two to tangle.

Did anyone see the hug that Marshall and MCdaniels had after that TD? Looks like they both wisened up a bit and realized they are better off with each other.

Marshall is a playmaker and he is hitting his stride now, he is playing with intensity and passion right now and when he does that he is very dangerous.

Peoples Champ
10-05-2009, 07:34 AM
I am so glad he is back, and his attitude is straight now. I saw his emotion after that game winning TD and it looks like he is playing with some heart, instead of for money. I am glad he has cleaned his act up.

bronco militia
10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/4andOhhhh.gif

MplsBronco
10-05-2009, 07:49 AM

I was happy they at least took shots deep. Two stick out, the one early to Marshall where the CB made a nice play. Nice throw by Orton, maybe a tad underthrown and Marshall could have been more physical there and gone up to get the ball rather than trying to remain in stride.

The other was to Gaffney, who was wide open and probably would of went for six. Bad throw by Orton. Hopefully, this team improves on O and it is encouraging that they are winning without really being close to hitting on all cylinders on O. For that I would say the potential of this team is great.

oubronco
10-05-2009, 07:54 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/4andOhhhh.gif

Hilarious! LOL

dbfan4life
10-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I still say Marshall is not being used in the RZ nearly enough. The drive where we settled for a FG to tie, BMarsh had one-on one coverage on 3rd down. When you have talent like that singled up, you have to take advantage of that. So far this season, we haven't.

Bigdawg26
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Mortenson says that Brandon Marshall is taking all of the first team reps in practice and volunteering to run with the scout team... Man Josh is really turning him into a leader by example not just on the field but in practice as well

MrPeepers
10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZMvbrUN8Pc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZMvbrUN8Pc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM

Exactly ... he learned from his Cutler mistakes how to better handle players. First, he called Graham right when he drafted Quinn, I suppose to assure him, and now here he obviously handled BMarsh perfectly.

Also I think the miracle in Cincy probably helped him too. It's one thing to be brash, it's quite another to be cocky. It must've been a bit humbling to see that game pulled outta the fire.

want2bAbronco2
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
one thing thats over looked is Daniel G. running down the field to toss blocks. Not many ppl run down field.

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
That was a great play, but it was only one play and game winner or not, the guy needs to have a string of great games before any type of elite WR contract cash is thrown at him.

That's pretty skeptical. I suppose I agree to some extent, but a Top-5 WR in the league the past two seasons has proven quite a lot already I think ???

TailgateNut
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
That's pretty skeptical. I suppose I agree to some extent, but a Top-5 WR in the league the past two seasons has proven quite a lot already I think ???

Skeptical, or not. He needs to show that he can and will continue to work for that contract, and stay out of trouble. I'm not quite ready to annoint him as a risk free player.

I think he finally realizes that the Broncos are a team who are not the bottom of the barrel as the media and many fans potrayed them to be, and I believe that was one reason BM wanted out. IMO, he probably thought, as many others did, that the loss of ****ler, and the firing of Shanny was the end of a promising future.

I believe this team feeds off of the negative comments.

Keep 'em coming.

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Yup, yesterdays' play reminded me of that one he had against the 'Hawks in '06.
Yes ... that was the "coming out" play for B-Marsh. He caught that 25-yarder up the seam, was hit, and spun 360 to go the distance, like a 75-yard touchdown.

I recall thinking myself, and people posting here, that it was "fortunate" and even kinda fluke-y he was able to keep his balance as he spun around. We didn't know yet, but found out pretty soon the kid is a human Weeble :~ohyah!:

Imo, very few things are as exciting as B-Marsh yacs.

Anaximines
10-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I still didn't fully believe that he could be feeling good about the team until I saw McDaniels' postgame... Whoo hoo!!

BroncoBuff
10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
On his game-winning touchdown reception:

"We kind of been looking for that look all game. It came down to a crucial moment of the game and they gave it to us, and we took advantage of it."
What "look"?! The one where they surround you with five Cowboys and you have to run in-between and around all of them?

"We're surrounded, Tex ... that means we got 'em right where we want 'em!" :~ohyah!:

Crushaholic
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Winning heals all wounds. Who knows what he would be like if we were 0-4? Brandon Marshall is certainly a talent, and I'm glad he's currently happy being a Bronco...

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM

One thing for sure: The people like me who "called him out" for his ****ty play did it for one reason-he was playing ****ty. It had nothing to do with his ethnicity and it's douchebaggery/dumbassery to imply that it was. Just a really stupid opening post.

Aw c'mon. Marshall has led the team in receptions and yards from the opener. Get off it, jeez.

Sassy
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Winning heals all wounds. Who knows what he would be like if we were 0-4? Brandon Marshall is certainly a talent, and I'm glad he's currently happy being a Bronco...

I'll go with this. :P

dbfan21
10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Six weeks ago, I was ready to ship him out of town...I am so glad he has taken his suspension seriously and has made every effort to turn it around. Still not sure if/when he gets an extension, but if he comes to play like this for the rest of the year without getting into any legal trouble, then I say we give him a contract reflective of his production.

His emotions after the TD catch, the hugs with McD, his post-game interview...all very positive things!

Pony Boy
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I loved the catch and run but if anything else it did bring his trade value back up to a #1 and #3 again.

gyldenlove
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I loved the catch and run but if anything else it did bring his trade value back up to a #1 and #3 again.

And DJ Williams knocked down Roy WIlliams trade value from a #1 and #3 to a pack of bandaids and a half eaten tuna-sub.

Cito Pelon
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
one thing thats over looked is Daniel G. running down the field to toss blocks. Not many ppl run down field.

Yah, D. Graham had a good game, but he almost always does. Great addition to the team. Excellent all-around player.

As for Marshall, I think some people are still way too harsh on the guy. He's been nothing but a pro since the tantrum, leads the team in receptions and yards, has since the opener. He's been trying to stay in the background and be a team player. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the 4-0 start.

NYBronco
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Amazing play that probably no one else in the NFL could have made. That is all.

Your giving Terrance Newman too much credit.

rastaman
10-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Six weeks ago, I was ready to ship him out of town...I am so glad he has taken his suspension seriously and has made every effort to turn it around. Still not sure if/when he gets an extension, but if he comes to play like this for the rest of the year without getting into any legal trouble, then I say we give him a contract reflective of his production.

His emotions after the TD catch, the hugs with McD, his post-game interview...all very positive things!

Not so fast! Brandon may still want to leave town and play else where. Point is, Bmarsh is a stats me first person and right now the jury is still out on whether playing with a limited QB such as Orton and McD's spread the ball around Offense will suit Brandon. And of course the contract issues will raise its ugly head at the end of the season.

As a result of all these issues Brandon may not be wearing a Bronco uniform in the future. For Brandon, its all about playing for team that has a QB with a big Arm, playing with an offense where he's the main focus, a team set to make regular appearances in post season play/SB and a team thats willing to pay him the big bucks.

Bowlen looks as if he will no longer open his wallet and pay the big bucks and McD comes from a NE back ground where Kaiser and Belichick were rather stingy with the bucks as well.

This is the new type of environment Brandon will see in Denver down the road. McDaniels will want the players to not only buy into his system, but McD and Bowlen will want players to sign cap friendly contracts for the good of the team.

Right now, Bmarsh doesn't seem to be that type of player. So all you fence straddling fair weather Brandon Marashall fans may want to consider this scenario, b/c you could find yourselves PISSED off at Brandon once AGAIN, for not being a team player b/c he wouldn't sign a CAP friendly new contract that puts the team and organization first.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Yep we love him again.

Go Brandon!!!!

Broncos, give him a new deal.

I just wanted to see that look in his eye. That one that tells me he loves his teammates. The one that says he wants to win and loves to play football. I saw that Sunday and I have forgiven Brandon.

KevinJames
10-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Would of had 2 great TD catches if Mike Jenkins doesn't make a great play on that deep ball.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Moss seems happy in this offense Rastaturd.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Besides Marshall off to his best start ever. Most he ever had was 7 tds in a yr. At his current rate he will have 8 tds.

And no I'm not being serious just showing you that if he's all about stats he better realize that TDS are more important then 100 balls. I'll take 70 catches, 900 yrds, and 10 tds on a team that doesn't turn ball over.

Besides Broncos own Marshalls rights until probably 2011. He knows now he can't whine his way out. He will now wait until he is a FA and then go for his deal.

As a RFA he may get some really good offers.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 02:43 AM
If Brandon was smart he would see a chance to become the big cheese in the Broncos offense. That would open up a lot of endorsement and advertising deals around the Rocky Mountain area and big time in Colorado.

I would think stuff like that matters. Play your cards right and you make another 5 million or so over your career I would think.

Also this is a pass happy offense, Mcdaniels just playing it safe right now because he can.

rastaman
10-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Moss seems happy in this offense Rastaturd.

Hey Chuckle Nutzs.......Moss is happy b/c he doesn't have ORTON throwing the ball to him. Bmarsh would much rather have a QB of the Caliber of Brady, Brees, Manning (Colts), Rayan, Cutler or Flaco throwing him the ball in the very near future while earning top dollar.

Bronx33
10-06-2009, 02:18 PM

All his other play went in the toilet after his last teen episode hes starting over in my book.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Marshall is going to have his best yr yet Rasta you will see. Then he resigns with Broncos if offseason.

Orton can hit 3500 yrds and 20 tds. There is enough in that to keep Marshall happy. Most Marshall ever had was 7 tds I bet he gets 10 or more this yr.

rastaman
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Marshall is going to have his best yr yet Rasta you will see. Then he resigns with Broncos if offseason.

Orton can hit 3500 yrds and 20 tds. There is enough in that to keep Marshall happy. Most Marshall ever had was 7 tds I bet he gets 10 or more this yr.

Brandon would be foolish if he doesn't test the market to see what his true value really is worth! You must remember there are teams out there that are a WR or so away from getting to the next level and could be drooling at the mouth with the possibility of landing a gifted and talented WR of Bmarsh's stature.

Of course Brandon must stay out of trouble off the field....but Brandon needs to look at the NFL as a business and realize he has a short window of earning ability and is always one hit away from no longer playing in the NFL. And realize he's only as valuable to an owner, the team and the HC so long as he's producing!

So you see there are risks that must be taken by both Player, owner, and HC when it involves salaries, cap space, and renewed contract extensions. The owner takes the risk of signing their key players to high priced contracts and if he player suffers nagging injuries or career ending injuries, the owner looses money and the HC looses on his key players.

The players are at risk of loosing out b/c only their signing bonuses are guaranteed, the first 3 years of the contract isn't all that great and seldom will the player see the back-end of the contract when the payout jumps up considerable.

So the owner/team will ask said player entering the back-end of their contract to either take a pay cut or the team just simply dumps the player b/c the last 3 or 4 years of a 6 year contract just isn't cap friendly to the team.

As a result, Marshall should go with which ever team is offering the biggest Signing Bonus and the highest front loaded (first 3 or 4 years) contract. The reality is players need to look after numeral uno when it comes to testing the FA market and go with the highest bidder who's willing to pay the big bucks.

Mr. Bowlen will have every opportunity to match the offers that teams are offering for Brandon and Bowlen will have the opportunity to make Marshall a Bronco for the next 6-10 years after the 2011 season comes to an end. In todays free agency and non guaranteed NFL contracts, Player loyalty to the teams and the fans should not be automatic.

Hopefully, the contract episode that transpired btwn Bmarsh, Bowlen, and McDaniel's during the off-season, training camp, and pre-season has taught Marshall that the NFL is a cutthroat business when it come to contract talks.

Cito Pelon
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Marshall is the go to guy, but Josh is trying to spread the ball around and that's smart. I'm wondering when McKinley gets into the mix how it will look. Denver has a lot of weapons.

I'll throw this out here:

365 yds per game, 5th in the NFL
TOP looking good, 7th in the NFL
Yds per O play, 4th in the NFL
First downs per game, 9th in the NFL
Offensive plays per game, 9th in the NFL
Points scored per game, 10th in the NFL
Penalty yards, 6th in the NFL

There's still some work to do.

listopencil
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Aw c'mon. Marshall has led the team in receptions and yards from the opener. Get off it, jeez.

Yeah, right. It's his own fault that people like me are "on" him. If you act like a drama queen then you bring the drama upon yourself.

Los Broncos
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope he is back because we need him big time this Sunday.

listopencil
11-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh, look. Another Marshall thread.

Flex Gunmetal
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM

that was forgotten until you bumped it.
A+

listopencil
11-19-2010, 12:58 PM
that was forgotten until you bumped it.
A+

This one is much better.

Ambiguous
11-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Really? Who gives a f*ck?

listopencil
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Really? Who gives a ****?

Apparently you. You posted in it.

listopencil
11-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey, look. He IS back.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR758cg90Ww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR758cg90Ww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hogan11
11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Next time you take a Cutler, don't forget to wipe your Marshall

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
THat was actually a pretty weak throw at Cutler. Looked more like a friendly toss. If Cutler hadn't bumbled the ball into his own face, I wonder if anyone would have even noticed.

Oh well.

vancejohnson82
11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey Chuckle Nutzs.......Moss is happy b/c he doesn't have ORTON throwing the ball to him. Bmarsh would much rather have a QB of the Caliber of Brady, Brees, Manning (Colts), Rayan, Cutler or Flaco throwing him the ball in the very near future while earning top dollar.

haha....or TYLER THIGPEN

this guy was such a chump...what did he change his name to?

Ambiguous
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Apparently you. You posted in it.

Not really. Just wanted to see who the douchebag was who searches for these things then bumps them.

SJ Bronco
11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Cutler was going to catch it, someone tipped it. I'm not defending Brandon, really I'm not, but that one looked playful. From what I've heard, those two are still friends. Unless something has happened, since I last heard. Still a bad Idea to play around during a game like that, but still. Mountains out of mole hills to me.

listopencil
11-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Not really. Just wanted to see who the douchebag was who searches for these things then bumps them.

Easy to see who bumps a thread without posting in it. Also easy to see who the whiny child is that cries about bumping a thread, bumping it in the process. What a moron.

TailgateNut
11-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Next time you take a Cutler, don't forget to wipe your Marshall

and don't forget to flush the Oakland when you finish.!Booya!