PDA

View Full Version : DALLAS @ Denver--what to watch for per FOX

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10165174/NFL-Countdown:-Previewing-Week-4's-games#

Dallas at Denver, 4:15 ET

NFL on FOX preview Denver is 3-0 but hasn't really played against a top team. Troy Aikman preview.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: With Marion Barber still questionable with a quadriceps strain, Tashard Choice should get the bulk of the carries in what should be a slugfest, considering both teams love to run the ball. Barber, though, will play.

Mike Nolan has done a tremendous job as defensive coordinator of the Broncos, whose unit is No. 1 overall and has allowed only 16 points in a 3-0 start. There are some great matchups. Can veteran safety Brian Dawkins shut down familiar TE Jason Witten (team-high 19 catches)? Will Broncos NT Ronald Fields disrupt Dallas center Andre Gurode? And can DeMarcus Ware do anything against LT Ryan Clady, who hasn't allowed a sack in 19 games? Look for the Broncos to run behind Clady early, one to test Ware and also to get Correll Buckhalter (another ex-Eagle) and Knowshon Moreno going.

Rookie coach Josh McDaniels wanted a physical team, and that's what he has right now. Dallas QB Tony Romo may want to test Denver's secondary deep, especially if they load the box against the running game.

CZAR'S SCOOP: Three games played and Cowboys LT Flozell Adams has been fined three straight weeks. He has been fined a total of $25,000 thus far. He was caught tripping and fined $7,500 by the league, and running back Felix Jones was fined $5,000 for a leg whip against the Panthers. Against the Giants, Adams was caught kicking and tripping two New York players, including one trip that caused Justin Tuck to injure his shoulder. Although Wade Phillips defended Adams this week, he does have a reputation as a dirty player.

Ware led the league with 20 sacks last season. In only two games last season did he come up empty. But dating to last season, Ware has gone four games without a sack. It looks like rookie OLB Victor Butler has moved ahead of Bobby Carpenter as a pass-rushing weapon for the Cowboys.

Before he hired Josh McDaniels, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen considered Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett for the position to replace Mike Shanahan. McDaniels took a lot of heat for his handling of the Jay Cutler-I-Want-Out fiasco and his benching and suspension of star receiver Brandon Marshall, who wants a fat, new contract. McDaniels has survived the controversy, and he's winning with ex-Bear Kyle Orton, who has played all season with a broken index finger on his passing hand.

Archer81
10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Per NFL Network Denver is a pretender because of the schedule. Their four elite teams, NYG, NO, Indi and Baltimore, have played the same teams as Denver, or equally bad ones...You would think Warren Sapp would know if you have a good defense and a good run game, you can go anywhere and win.

:Broncos:

DenverBrit
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Per NFL Network Denver is a pretender because of the schedule. Their four elite teams, NYG, NO, Indi and Baltimore, have played the same teams as Denver, or equally bad ones...You would think Warren Sapp would know if you have a good defense and a good run game, you can go anywhere and win.

:Broncos:

We've seen this before though.

In 2006....off to a great start, the D was on a record pace for scoring, until the Colts came to town.

But, different players and much better Defensive coaching this year. :thumbsup:

The talking heads will be skeptical until the Broncos start beating teams during the next eight weeks.

LonghornBronco
10-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm skeptical as well, I think this game is going to go a long way tword getting the respect of the rest of the league...

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm skeptical as well, I think this game is going to go a long way tword getting the respect of the rest of the league...

I could not agree more--I hope we DESTROY them--just this morning I was shopping with my wife who had her Brian Dawkin's jersey on and we asked a store manager where we could finda graphing calculator--and he retorted : "is that to add up all of the TDs the cowboys are going to put on the Broncos today.."

I hate cowpoke fans........PLEASE DO NOT SCREW THIS UP ORTON!