PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Another Fantasy Football Thread: Who Would You Start?

RhymesayersDU
10-04-2009, 07:56 AM
My problem? Kevin Smith being questionable for Detroit this week. He's my flex play. So give me advice, 'Maners.

Starters:
RB Steven Jackson STL 33.90 - @SFO
RB Julius Jones SEA 46.30 - @IND
WR Steve Smith NYG 39.70 - @KAN
WR Chad Ochocinco CIN 30.20 - @CLE
TE Jason Witten DAL 24.10 - @DEN
FLEX ????

On my bench to choose from:
RB Marshawn Lynch BUF 0.00 - @MIA
RB Kevin Smith DET 33.40 Q - shoulder @CHI
WR Brandon Stokley DEN 21.70 Q - thigh DAL
WR Eddie Royal DEN 4.20 - DAL
TE Zach Miller OAK 11.30 - @HOU

Was thinking Stokley perhaps, but he has his own injury issues. Not sure I want to start Marshawn yet, but may have to. Thoughts? (Note: I'd rather just start Kevin Smith, so if anybody has heard anything on ESPN, etc, let me know)

Broncoman13
10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Damn dude, you're up **** creek... Based on injuries and positions I would have to go with Marshawn or Eddie and hope he breaks his funk.

underrated29
10-04-2009, 08:08 AM
why even make this thread. Its Marshawn all the way......

He should play and even against Miami solid Run D-which hasnt played so solid lately- Marshawn will chew them up.

I dont know why everyone thinks Fred Jackson is the man. Marshawn was a 1st rd pick and fred jackson came from NFl europe or arena league. Yes fred is killing it, but this is marshawns Job. Not Freds.

Start Lynch and enjoy the plethora of points he gets you.

Broncoman13
10-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Marshawn with 15 touches, Fred with 13 touches. I'm betting Fred ends up with the better day too.

RhymesayersDU
10-04-2009, 08:13 AM
why even make this thread. Its Marshawn all the way......

He should play and even against Miami solid Run D-which hasnt played so solid lately- Marshawn will chew them up.

I dont know why everyone thinks Fred Jackson is the man. Marshawn was a 1st rd pick and fred jackson came from NFl europe or arena league. Yes fred is killing it, but this is marshawns Job. Not Freds.

Start Lynch and enjoy the plethora of points he gets you.

Well my issue was 1) it's his first game back, so they might try to work him in slowly, and 2) Jackson has been playing well, and they may split carries. I agree that Marshawn is a really good RB, I just thought there might be some issues today.

BMarsh615
10-04-2009, 08:15 AM
For all those asking, John Clayton reported that Lions RB Kevin Smith will be starting today.
https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/4604364213

RhymesayersDU
10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
For all those asking, John Clayton reported that Lions RB Kevin Smith will be starting today.
https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/4604364213

Well, that settles that. Gracias.

Broncoman13
10-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Yup, Smith it is...

underrated29
10-04-2009, 08:20 AM
sorry bro, didnt mean to sound like a dyck.

A buddy of mine just traded Marshawn Lynch for Braylon Edwards strait up. In a $200pp money league. I dont think that was very smart. He said he was worried Fred would get all the carries. It wont happen.

SoDak Bronco
12-09-2010, 08:24 AM
**************Need Help*************

Who would you start, Jacob Tamme who plays tonight in the Thurs night game or
Antonio Gates vs the chiefs?

broncogary
12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
**************Need Help*************

Who would you start, Jacob Tamme who plays tonight in the Thurs night game or
Antonio Gates vs the chiefs?

I have exactly that same dilemma, and I'm leaning toward Tamme. In the first game of the season, the Chiefs were triple-teaming Gates, and I expect more of the same.

Chris
12-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Tamme. Just going on streaks.

Here's my team. I am effed at RB. Feel free to suggest at any position. I must win this game to make the playoffs.

Starting

QB Kyle Orton
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Braylon Edwards
RB Mike Goodson
RB James Davis (could have a big game against a Bucs D that is 26th against the run)
TE Jason Witten
DEF St Louis

Bench

QB Joe Flacco
WR Earl Bennett
RB Javarris James
RB James Starks
RB Ryan Matthews
RB Joseph Addai (out)

Mile High Shack
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Jacob Tamme, easy, the dude is tearing it up and Gates is always a game time decision lately

sgbfan
12-09-2010, 08:49 AM
While we're at it, here's my question. Who do I sit?
Moreno, Charles, Ray Rice, Payton Hillis, or Matt Forte. I can play 3.
At WR I have Lloyd, Jennings, White and Kenny Britt. I can play 2.

mkporter
12-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Since we're asking questions, how do you guys feel about Orton this weekend? My gut tells me he'll have a decent game, but I'm also concerned the offense could be out of sync with a new play caller. I have Freeman as a backup.

sgbfan
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Since we're asking questions, how do you guys feel about Orton this weekend? My gut tells me he'll have a decent game, but I'm also concerned the offense could be out of sync with a new play caller. I have Freeman as a backup.

I have to decide between him and Cutler this weekend. And after last weeks game, I'm afraid to start him. High risk, but high reward since they are playing the Cardinals.

SoDak Bronco
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Tamme huh? I had him in there last week and gates tore it up...he was triple covered in week 1 against KC but still scored. This is a tough one. I need to win, this is our 1st week of playoffs..

cousinal11
12-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Tamme. Just going on streaks.

Here's my team. I am effed at RB. Feel free to suggest at any position. I must win this game to make the playoffs.

Starting

QB Kyle Orton
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Braylon Edwards
RB Mike Goodson
RB James Davis (could have a big game against a Bucs D that is 26th against the run)
TE Jason Witten
DEF St Louis

Bench

QB Joe Flacco
WR Earl Bennett
RB Javarris James
RB James Starks
RB Ryan Matthews
RB Joseph Addai (out)

I'd consider playing Javarris James over Davis. Addai and Hart are out, Brown in questionable and oh yeah, he sucks. J James may get the bulk of the work. I mean, you gonna trust a Shannahan RB in a must win game?

I'd also consider playing Bennett over Edwards. NE secondary is suspect and due for a let down after last week. Although, I seem to remember Bennett getting banged up on his last catch last week? Sanchez hardly looks Edwards way anymore.

I would definitely play Flacco over our boy Orton. Houston secondary is pretty suck and while Arizona's is as well, you got to think we are going to run the ball alot.

cousinal11
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Tamme huh? I had him in there last week and gates tore it up...he was triple covered in week 1 against KC but still scored. This is a tough one. I need to win, this is our 1st week of playoffs..

Tamme is hurt btw. Probably will play, but he has a bad hammy.

Peoples Champ
12-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd consider playing Javarris James over Davis. Addai and Hart are out, Brown in questionable and oh yeah, he sucks. J James may get the bulk of the work. I mean, you gonna trust a Shannahan RB in a must win game?

I'd also consider playing Bennett over Edwards. NE secondary is suspect and due for a let down after last week. Although, I seem to remember Bennett getting banged up on his last catch last week? Sanchez hardly looks Edwards way anymore.

I would definitely play Flacco over our boy Orton. Houston secondary is pretty suck and while Arizona's is as well, you got to think we are going to run the ball alot.

Ya I have Flacco and Orton too. I put in Flacco just in case Denver runs the ball more and maybe throws in Tebow.

cutthemdown
12-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Not a great list to pick your flex from. I would cross my fingers and start Lynch.

cutthemdown
12-09-2010, 10:28 AM
And it could be time to sit Orton. Too risky at this point because you have no idea what will happen. Flacco will be more reliable.

sgbfan
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Not a great list to pick your flex from. I would cross my fingers and start Lynch.

Not a very good choice. He had only 4 yards in that game last year vs the dolphins. Smith had 2 touchdowns for the lions.

Doggcow
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
While we're at it, here's my question. Who do I sit?
Moreno, Charles, Ray Rice, Payton Hillis, or Matt Forte. I can play 3.
At WR I have Lloyd, Jennings, White and Kenny Britt. I can play 2.

Moreno, Hillis, then flip a coin, probably Charles though... how the **** did you get those rbs anyway?

WR is easy, go with Jennings and White, unless White doesn't play.

I'd also like to point out that this league is potentially the most retarded I've ever seen... Did you get like 5 2nd and 3rd rounders?

sgbfan
12-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Moreno, Hillis, then flip a coin, probably Charles though... how the **** did you get those rbs anyway?

WR is easy, go with Jennings and White, unless White doesn't play.

I'd also like to point out that this league is potentially the most retarded I've ever seen... Did you get like 5 2nd and 3rd rounders?

Its an 8 person league and I got both Rodgers and Phillip Rivers. I traded Rivers and Driver for Roddy white and Jamaal Charles. I picked up Hillis and lloyd off of wavers. The rest I drafted. Needless to say I have done pretty well in that league. We actually have a pretty active league too, so it's not like I was the only player looking at waivers.

Chris
12-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Tamme is hurt btw. Probably will play, but he has a bad hammy.

I believe you mean

A bad hamme

Chris
12-09-2010, 11:36 AM

Thank you. I've taken your advice. Edwards is just too inconsistent. I will say that Mccourty on the NE D seems to be a good up and coming CB.

cousinal11
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I believe you mean

A bad hamme

Touche.

SoDak Bronco
12-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Okay--thanks for all the help. Here is my other question..

my League has 3WR's-
1)Andre Johnson
2)Mike Williams
3)Sydney Rice
4)Malcom Floydd

Who would you leave on the bench?

cousinal11
12-10-2010, 07:02 AM

James didn't get as much work as I expected, but at least he scored for you. Not sure what Indy sees in Brown.

The weather on Sunday looks like it will be pretty bad. Wind gust may put a damper on the Chi passing game. Something to consider.

Chris
12-10-2010, 07:25 AM
James didn't get as much work as I expected, but at least he scored for you. Not sure what Indy sees in Brown.

The weather on Sunday looks like it will be pretty bad. Wind gust may put a damper on the Chi passing game. Something to consider.

I got 10 points from him, 10 points from James. I'm happy with it. Thanks for the tip.

Still think Goodson should go over Davis right? Even though Stewart is the starter?

Doggcow
12-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Okay--thanks for all the help. Here is my other question..

my League has 3WR's-
1)Andre Johnson
2)Mike Williams
3)Sydney Rice
4)Malcom Floydd

Who would you leave on the bench?

Rice

cousinal11
12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
I got 10 points from him, 10 points from James. I'm happy with it. Thanks for the tip.

Still think Goodson should go over Davis right? Even though Stewart is the starter?

Wow, that is a toughy.

Torrain is expected back for Washington, but your guess is as good as mine on who will get the lion's share of the carries.

Stewart looked pretty good last week for Carolina and Goodson has the shoulder thing now, too.

I'd probably roll the dice with Starks to be honest with you. They should be playing ahead in Detroit. If Dimitri Nance is inactive, I would definitely roll with Starks.

Good luck.

cutthemdown
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Not a very good choice. He had only 4 yards in that game last year vs the dolphins. Smith had 2 touchdowns for the lions.

Both of them crappy choices but Smith won't even be playing this week. He's banged up again. Last yr? lol whatever. Lynch for sure the smarter choice.

cutthemdown
12-10-2010, 11:04 AM
I started this week

Manning
C Johnson
J Charles
Larry Fitz
Calvin Johnson
Blair white
Cundiff
Steelers

12 team keeper league.

I'm off to a good start.

cutthemdown
12-10-2010, 11:08 AM
it was nice to see Chris Johnson on the right the side of the LOS again.

Dukes
12-10-2010, 12:10 PM
James Jones against Detroit or Cedric Benson against Pitt?

Chris
12-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Jones is apparently getting a lot of RZ targets. That's all I can add for you.

Jerry Curl
12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I need a little help getting into the playoffs...Need to start a Flex and Wr out of H. Nicks, S. Rice, TO and Brandon Jacobs. Leaning towards TO and Nicks but after Rice went big last week it's a tough call, who ya got? Also Dreesen or Olsen at Te?

Dudeskey
12-11-2010, 11:06 AM
in a 12 team leage & fairly loaded on WR's:

Starting Calvin Johnson & Deion Branch

Bench: Mike Sims-walker & Hakeem Nicks\ (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=39650&teamId=12&seasonId=2010)
Im debating w/ whether I should start Nicks over Branch if Nicks is healthy enough to play
(http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=39650&teamId=12&seasonId=2010)

Jerry Curl
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I like Branch over Nicks, even though Nicks probably has a better upside.

sgbfan
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Both of them crappy choices but Smith won't even be playing this week. He's banged up again. Last yr? lol whatever. Lynch for sure the smarter choice.

I was just teasing. The question was from week 3 or 4 2009 so I looked back to see how each did and Lynch sucked that week.

Dudeskey
12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I like Branch over Nicks, even though Nicks probably has a better upside.

Maybe, but I've been burned by Patriot WR's before LOL

Ray Finkle
12-11-2010, 12:45 PM
this week Schaub vs Ravens or Freeman vs Skins

For a flex spot Welker or Bradshaw (not a PPR league).

Jerry Curl
12-13-2010, 03:09 PM
So with the news of Favre being out of tonights game who do I go with, S. Rice or H. Nicks?

Chris
12-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Sadly I'm tied with 2, 3 and 4 but have less points fired so I'm out. Orton really killed me last week. He puts up 5 points instead of 2 and I'm in the playoffs.

Chris
12-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Well I won the game but things didn't pan out. I'm tied with 3 and 4 in my 14 team league but I scored less points so I'm out. If Kyle Orton had scored 5 points instead of 2 last week I'd be in. My fault for counting on the guy.

NYBronc
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
this week Schaub vs Ravens or Freeman vs Skins

For a flex spot Welker or Bradshaw (not a PPR league).

Hope you started Schaub. Wish I had.

Peoples Champ
12-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Well I won the game but things didn't pan out. I'm tied with 3 and 4 in my 14 team league but I scored less points so I'm out. If Kyle Orton had scored 5 points instead of 2 last week I'd be in. My fault for counting on the guy.

Dont worry, I counted on Orton too, and it almost cost me a first round playoff loss in my league. But fortunately, my team overcame adversity, and picked up the slack for Orton. I had Andre Johnson and Adrian foster that helped me overcome a 50 pt swing on Monday night, may be one of the best fantasy comebacks of all time.