View Full Version : ESPN: Barber Will Play, But Choice To Get Bulk Of Carries

RhymesayersDU
10-03-2009, 02:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4528623

Updated: October 3, 2009, 3:54 PM ET
Choice to get carries despite Barber
By Matt Mosley
ESPN.com

Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber is listed as probable for Sunday's game in Denver, but that doesn't mean he will assume his normal role in the offense.

Second-year running back Tashard Choice will get the majority of the work at tailback Sunday, according to a source.

Barber made the trip to Denver and is expected to be active for the game, but there's still some uncertainty about how effective he can be with the left quadriceps injury. The Cowboys believe they can lean on Choice, based on how he performed in 2008. He had 62 carries for 325 yards and two touchdowns during a four-game stretch against the Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Eagles to end the season.

The Cowboys signed running back Chauncey Washington off their practice squad Saturday afternoon and released safety Marvin White to make room for him. With Felix Jones likely out with a knee injury for another game, there's a good chance Washington will remain on the 53-man roster until after next Sunday's game in Kansas City.

Barber was able to make it through full practices Thursday and Friday, but the Cowboys still wanted to protect themselves against the Broncos.

Matt Mosley covers the NFC East for ESPN.com.

Florida_Bronco
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Good. Bring it on, ****ers.

cousinal11
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Barber playing will certainly help in pass protection.

Kaylore
10-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Barber playing will certainly help in pass protection.

Exactly. In fact expect Barber to be used primarily in third and long situations.

BlaK-Argentina
10-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Great. Now they won't have that excuse. Plus, I want our D to be tested as much as possibe. Too bad Jones is out.

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Thank goodness that Felix is out...He seems to be a bit injury prone--but when's he is in there, he is a dynamic weapon........Barber is probably better served in the 3rd down role as others have pointed out--our front seven is going to be severely tested--the holes that their OL opens are gargantuan! Truth be told--Choice is probably their best all around RB--combining speed and power--he had some great games for them down the stretch including games againt BAL and PIT last year when Barber and Jones were both out........

cmhargrove
10-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Called it...
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2576196

cutthemdown
10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Broncos have been sending a lot of backers and safety's into the backfield on early downs. I have this feeling that Dallas has seen that and will be looking for big plays on early downs.

Hopefully Broncos corners are ready because I think Dallas goes deep early and often.

They will try and get an early lead, and then come after orton.

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Broncos have been sending a lot of backers and safety's into the backfield on early downs. I have this feeling that Dallas has seen that and will be looking for big plays on early downs.

Hopefully Broncos corners are ready because I think Dallas goes deep early and often.

They will try and get an early lead, and then come after orton.

That's the thing--if they had TO I'd worry a bit--but Roy williams? NO---Miles Austin is their homerun hitter and he is inconsistent......I fear the check downs to Witten & Marty B and their running game......they may try to go deep--but it won't be too succesful IMHO....

cutthemdown
10-03-2009, 08:11 PM
That's the thing--if they had TO I'd worry a bit--but Roy williams? NO---Miles Austin is their homerun hitter and he is inconsistent......I fear the check downs to Witten & Marty B and their running game......they may try to go deep--but it won't be too succesful IMHO....

This will the the game I think you see Champ get involved. I think Dallas will go there because Romo cant resist scrambling and then trying to hit the guy who is 1 on 1. It's his nature. So even under control he is going to do that a few times.

I'm with you I think we can stop the WR. More worried about Witten and the running game.

I think Witten, run the ball is the game plan for Cowpokes. I just think they may try to catch Broncos early in the game. I went back and watched and Broncos crashed the LOS on first series in every game.

If I was the O coord I would be calling plays to try and burn that.

Hopefully Broncos are wise and will maybe be ready for it.

Tombstone RJ
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Not good.

cutthemdown
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Im worried about harris and hamilton being banged up.

Tombstone RJ
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I'd suck to lose to the pokes... no Jones is good.

Doggcow
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd suck to lose to the pokes... no Jones is good.

What?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-03-2009, 11:39 PM
You guys are gonna get ****ed up.

The curtain's getting thrown back and you'll be exposed for FRAUDS!

Doggcow
10-03-2009, 11:46 PM

Why are you still here you dumb mother****er? Your team sucks, every aspect of it, horrible and pathetic.

BlaK-Argentina
10-03-2009, 11:55 PM

So are you excited for the Chiefs game? Thought so...
Cause we are, you know, excited for our team. Hey it's only week 3, a lot of teams are still playing for something. Hilarious!

cutthemdown
10-04-2009, 12:10 AM

I was more worried about the game before I read your post.

The football gods may punish you. Oh wait.......too late your already a queef fan.

Los Broncos
10-04-2009, 01:28 AM
We cant let them get up early that will force Orton to beat them.

10-04-2009, 01:30 AM
we cant let them get up early that will force orton to implode.

fyp

Killericon
10-04-2009, 01:42 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/802/standingsg.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/standingsg.jpg/)

Bob, chances are good that you will have an opportunity to legitimately gloat this season.

That opportunity has not yet arrived.

cutthemdown
10-04-2009, 01:47 AM
We cant let them get up early that will force Orton to beat them.

Orton won't have the luxury of 5-6 free plays he can throw ball away and still win. He's going to have some 3rd downs where we need to score. It's time to take off the glove and get Royal involved, get Sheff in involved. This team has weapons that haven't even got going yet.

Basically the role players, Stoke, Gaffney, Buck are the ones getting it done. Moreno and Marshall now showing flashes.

If we can continue the Marshall getting better, the Knowshon getting better, the role players making plays, and then get Scheff and Royal going maybe Orton can make some bigger plays.

Florida_Bronco
10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I was more worried about the game before I read your post.

The football gods may punish you. Oh wait.......too late your already a queef fan.

I think he's been punished by every god ever conceived. It's like they picked Bob for some twisted game of "Can you top this?"

God of Beauty: "I'm going to make him fat with a huge head and little girlie hands. Can you top that?"

God of Sexual Prowness: "Yeah, I'm going to make him an almost 30-something virgin living in his mom's basement."

God of Location: "****, that's nothing. I'm going to make him live in Texas."

Personality God: "I'm going to make him a raging dickhead who can only act like a hard ass behind a computer screen."

Football God: "What a bunch of pussies. I'm going to make him a Chiefs fan!"

(Gods of Beauty, Sex, Personality and Location all concede defeat)

Sometimes, I almost feel sorry for the poor bastard.

...almost.

10-04-2009, 02:07 AM
That was actually a very original, funny and well-crafted burn, Florida. Well done.

cutthemdown
10-04-2009, 02:20 AM
I wonder what twisted deal with the devil Len Dawson made. Must of been, let me win one, and after that I don't care what happens to the Chiefs.

Florida_Bronco
10-04-2009, 02:25 AM
I wonder what twisted deal with the devil Len Dawson made.

Good question.

cmhargrove
10-04-2009, 07:14 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/802/standingsg.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/standingsg.jpg/)

Bob, chances are good that you will have an opportunity to legitimately gloat this season.

That opportunity has not yet arrived.

Dear God Bob - you guys are worse than the Raiders?
That really sucks Bob. Well, at least they didn't beat you at home...

oops, my bad.

400HZ
10-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Barber has always been more effective in a limited role. Hopefully he comes in fresh after Tashard Choice has worn down your defense and accumulated me lots of fantasy points and then puts the game away like he used to do when Julius Jones was still with Dallas. That is Barber's best role I think.