PDA

View Full Version : Will we beat Dallas tomorrow to go 4 - 0?

Dagmar
10-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Very simple question, it's the start of our "schedule from hell" as was thought preseason.

I want to gage the feel of the 'mane going into tomorrow.

RhymesayersDU
10-03-2009, 12:26 PM
As one of the people who marked this down as a loss in the preseason, I legitimately think we win this. Dallas has weapons but has still yet to really put them together.

Spider
10-03-2009, 12:30 PM
We damn well better , I am talking alot of Smack down here in San Antonio texas

colonelbeef
10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I have zero confidence in Wade Phillips.

I say Romo folds up like the cheap suit that he is without the run game to prop him up.

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
As one of the people who marked this down as a loss in the preseason, I legitimately think we win this. Dallas has weapons but has still yet to really put them together.

This, and our D looks much better than I thought they would.

DBroncos4life
10-03-2009, 01:06 PM

I'm not going to say they don't look much better then we thought they would either but to be fair we have played two of the worst O's in the NFL. I think if we played the Bengals in week three instead of week one they would have had more yards against us then what they put up in week one. Palmer is a better QB then Romo but it was his first real action in a very long time. Still this will be a very big test for our new secondary. I know this sounds bad but I would like to see them put pressure on us so we can see how our offense can respond.

Dagmar
10-03-2009, 01:10 PM
The overconfidence so far in the poll scares me a little.

UberBroncoMan
10-03-2009, 01:13 PM
The overconfidence so far in the poll scares me a little.

Yeah... Dallas is gonna destroy us.

It's the end of the world I tell you!

... and for that reason I'm voting option B.

Spider
10-03-2009, 01:19 PM
:D one idiot here just told me that the game will be a shoot out , and Orton cant handle a shoot out ..........Dallas wins 38-31 .....

tsiguy96
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
if by beat you mean lose by 76...TDs. in which case yes, we will beat them.

HAT
10-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I have zero confidence in Wade Phillips.

I say Romo folds up like the cheap suit that he is without the run game to prop him up.

Getting a nice early jump on the excuses I see.

Hogan11
10-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I........am........not........worried........about .......Dallas.

listopencil
10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
This is one of the games I thought they'd win.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-03-2009, 02:08 PM
we cannot beat AMERICAS team.(hidden message can u find it?---> ) how DAre ALL of you even think such unAmerican thoughtS. all of you ShoUld be ashamed. we Cannot beat dallas its Krazy to even think Such thoughts (<---hidden message can u find it? ) in .GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TEAM THE DALLass COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!<--another hidden messege its not a typo

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
oh the score will be 99-0 and dallass will go on to win the super bowl and be 16-0

Swedish Extrovert
10-03-2009, 02:11 PM
we cannot beat AMERICAS team.(hidden message can u find it?---> ) how DAre ALL of you even think such unAmerican thoughtS. all of you ShoUld be ashamed. we Cannot beat dallas its Krazy to even think Such thoughts (<---hidden message can u find it? ) in .GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TEAM THE DALLass COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!<--another hidden messege its not a typo

"America's Dallas sucks"

Kaylore
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
One of these teams is soft and on the road with a short week. The other is not.

Blart
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Good to see that Broncos fans are confident!

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 03:23 PM
This poll is incomplete--it should have an option for

'3-1, BENCH KYLE "The ANCHOR" ORTON'

I have a sneaking suspicion that our Defense gives up in the low 20 points tomorrow and Orton will be fully exposed to 90% of the country via Fox's telecast and exposed to his supporters on this board as being incapable of keeping pace.......

tsiguy96
10-03-2009, 03:37 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that our Defense gives up in the low 20 points tomorrow and Orton will be fully exposed to 90% of the country via Fox's telecast and exposed to his supporters on this board as being incapable of keeping pace.......

you are the real superfan my friend. way to be good to your team.

BlaK-Argentina
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM

I finally put him on ignore. There's no point in reading his crap. I'm still wondering what Orton has done wrong so far this season.

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I finally put him on ignore. There's no point in reading his crap. I'm still wondering what Orton has done wrong so far this season.

'Crap'? Does levity and objectiveness SCARE you?

I give you Kyle Orton's stats MINUS the 'Immaculate Deflection'

576 yards total or 192 yards/game and TWO TD's

With our WR's and TE's--that is disgraceful. As soon as this team allows another team to score above 20--we are in BIG trouble--and it will all come back to him--he literally needs our D/ST to be perfect to near perfect to win....it will bare itselfout over the course of this season......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Passing&sort=4&conference=NFL

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 04:29 PM

If my feelings toward the Broncos actually affected the outcome of those games--the Broncos would have been SuperBowl Champions every year since 1987.......

tsiguy96
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM

With our WR's and TE's--that is disgraceful. As soon as this team allows another team to score above 20--we are in BIG trouble--and it will all come back to him--he literally needs our D/ST to be perfect to near perfect to win....it will bare itselfout over the course of this season......

annnnnd most importantly, 3-0 with no turnovers. a QB doesnt need to pass for 300 ypg to have a good game you idiot, he needs to do what is necessary to win the game, passing so many times does nothing for a team that does not NEED to.

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 04:46 PM

Well, D/ST to be perfect or near perfect OR a very effective rushing attack, which we appear to have. He may only have two TD's but the team has 6 (5 minus the deflection). More importantly we are outscoring our opponents by 15.3 points on the average. We are 14th in scoring offense. Granted weak team's may have inflated that, but apparently we can effectively move the ball and stop the opposition from doing the same. I don't trust Orton to get us out of trouble when we are losing a game, but I do now trust him to effectively manage it and thus limit the number of times we NEED to overcome a large points deficit.

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 04:49 PM
annnnnd most importantly, 3-0 with no turnovers. a QB doesnt need to pass for 300 ypg to have a good game you idiot, he needs to do what is necessary to win the game, passing so many times does nothing for a team that does not NEED to.

No a QB doesnt need to pass for 300 YPG to have a good game, but situations do arise where it would be nice to have a guy that is capable of that. There will be games where we need deep strike options, and when they happen Orton will have his biggest challenge yet in Denver. I certainly hope he is up to it, and his W/L indicates he might be, but I have doubts.

DenverBrit
10-03-2009, 04:53 PM

3-1, so you bench the QB?

If stupidity were painful, you'd be posting from an ICU.

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Also Re. the poll itself, I very well might have picked the loss if it didn't include the ridiculous fire Josh at the end. I am not in favor of some of the moves Josh made (Cutler at the forefront, but others as well), and Josh may or may not prove me wrong on those points, but never once have I indicated it would be a good idea to fire him. A coaching carousel is the last thing we need right now, stability in the front office is more important than isolated individual decisions re. football operations. Once Bowlen went this route, we were tied to him for at least three years (hopefully longer, because that would mean he is having success and the Broncos are winning). I will support him, but that does NOT mean I always have to agree with him.

DBroncos4life
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, D/ST to be perfect or near perfect OR a very effective rushing attack, which we appear to have. He may only have two TD's but the team has 6 (5 minus the deflection). More importantly we are outscoring our opponents by 15.3 points on the average. We are 14th in scoring offense. Granted weak team's may have inflated that, but apparently we can effectively move the ball and stop the opposition from doing the same. I don't trust Orton to get us out of trouble when we are losing a game, but I do now trust him to effectively manage it and thus limit the number of times we NEED to overcome a large points deficit.

We have the lowest ppg for any 3 and 0 team, and not only that we have ran well against the 28th and 30th teams in the NFL vs the run. The Bengals are 11th in the NFL vs the run. They held us to 75 yards vs the run. 75 yards rushing won't win you many NFL games. The best thing we are doing is winning the turnover battle. The biggest turn around from the previous years (Falcons and Phins) all turn that part of there team around. If we can do that we will win games.

FireFly
10-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm not conviced that we'll win - but I've been a josh fan from the start and will continue to be regardless of the outcome of this particular match

Dagmar
10-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Also Re. the poll itself, I very well might have picked the loss if it didn't include the ridiculous fire Josh at the end. I am not in favor of some of the moves Josh made (Cutler at the forefront, but others as well), and Josh may or may not prove me wrong on those points, but never once have I indicated it would be a good idea to fire him. A coaching carousel is the last thing we need right now, stability in the front office is more important than isolated individual decisions re. football operations. Once Bowlen went this route, we were tied to him for at least three years (hopefully longer, because that would mean he is having success and the Broncos are winning). I will support him, but that does NOT mean I always have to agree with him.

That was a joke for the people like broncosfan07 you fool.

Rock Chalk
10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
3-1, so you bench the QB?

If stupidity were painful, you'd be posting from an ICU.

**** it, Jake was 7-4 and was benched.

broncofan7
10-03-2009, 06:29 PM

If Romo doesn't sh*t the bed, tomorrow might very well be one of those days when he WILL NEED TO...hopefully, Neckbeard is up to the task(or Romo poops his pants)!

DenverBrit
10-03-2009, 06:44 PM
**** it, Jake was 7-4 and was benched.

hmmm...

UberBroncoMan
10-03-2009, 06:51 PM
hmmm...

Shanahan benched Jake Plummer the year after we went 13-3, when we were 7-4 in favor of Cutler the rookie.

We missed the playoffs by losing to San Fransisco.

SoDak Bronco
10-03-2009, 06:57 PM
77-0 Dallas covers

maher_tyler
10-03-2009, 07:17 PM

I'm also worried how we play once we are down by a couple of scores late in the game and we need to throw more and take shots further down field. In the Cinci game the two throws he had down field were pretty terrible! I'm hoping it was because of the glove and finger. He has seemed to throw the ball with more velocity and more accuracy every week...we shall see!!

MplsBronco
10-03-2009, 07:21 PM
If they go 2-1 over the next three they will be sitting pretty.

My gut on this one is 31-13, Broncos.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope Kyle doesn't throw any interceptions ... that's crucial.

He throws a couple-three picks, we're in big trouble.

maher_tyler
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM

He's not saying that...we've had the lead in all 3 games and could play a more conservative style of play and have had some great play from our D. That won't last forever! What happens when our D has a let down?? If we get down early and need to try to come back down by a couple of scores late in the game, how comfertalbe are you with Orton making throws 10-15+ yards down the field/being more aggresive?? We haven't seen it yet so there is a reason to be a tad worried as to see if he can do it or not...until we beat a decent team with no lucky bounces, there are going to be questions! I'm in no way saying Orton sucks but he hasn't proven he can make a come back in the 4th quarter against a good team. Only thing he's proven so far is that he can manage the offense! When we play good teams that wont get the job done unless our D can play 2000 Ravens D!!

GoHAM
10-03-2009, 08:05 PM
He's not saying that...we've had the lead in all 3 games and could play a more conservative style of play and have had some great play from our D. That won't last forever! What happens when our D has a let down?? If we get down early and need to try to come back down by a couple of scores late in the game, how comfertalbe are you with Orton making throws 10-15+ yards down the field/being more aggresive?? We haven't seen it yet so there is a reason to be a tad worried as to see if he can do it or not...until we beat a decent team with no lucky bounces, there are going to be questions! I'm in no way saying Orton sucks but he hasn't proven he can make a come back in the 4th quarter against a good team. Only thing he's proven so far is that he can manage the offense! When we play good teams that wont get the job done unless our D can play 2000 Ravens D!!

For the most part I agree with your post. However, the play that has done the most to instill confidence in me for Kyle Orton was his 4th qtr, 3rd down throw to Marshall, with Nnamdi draped all over him, for the conversion to allow us to run out the clock. That single play (and also the left hander in Seattle) showed me that Kyle always understands the game situation and what is called for on that down. (The boneheaded Cincinnati sack notwithstanding.)

To this point, as you have stated, we have not seen Kyle in a "down by 14" role in the regular season. Even so, Kyle has shown that he is not incapable of taking chances and forcing throws to his playmakers if the situation demands it. Kyle has, so far this season, had the luxury of playing with a lead and therefore knows that there is no reason for him to throw a risky pass to a receiver who might or might not be covered, and instead (wisely) throws the pass over the receiver's head and safely out of bounds. Thereby "managing" the game when we have a lead.

I'm not tying to say that Kyle will undoubtedly be able to lead us back from certain defeat in the fourth quarter. All I'm saying is that he will not hesitate to throw the ball down field and force it into coverage if the game situation demands it.

Of course, I could be wrong.

It's happened before. :sunshine:

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-03-2009, 08:26 PM
People honestly think an NFL-caliber QB can't make a 25-yard pass? Really? How did he ever make it this far?

DenverBrit
10-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Shanahan benched Jake Plummer the year after we went 13-3, when we were 7-4 in favor of Cutler the rookie.

We missed the playoffs by losing to San Fransisco.

I remember it well, I'm just not sure what it has to do with benching Orton if Denver loses tomorrow.

Completely different scenario. Just curious about the relevancy. ;D

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
People honestly think an NFL-caliber QB can't make a 25-yard pass? Really? How did he ever make it this far?

As I understand it, he was traded, along with two first round picks for another quarterback, after being repeatedly benched because he couldn't land the starting job in a city with no other adequate QB's. Your defense of a poor offensive system in Chicago, and no good coach there to progress his abilities and career is noted and valid to a degree. Incidentally I am sure he can complete 25 yard passes, I am just not sure he can complete them against good DB's on a consistent basis. I could be very wrong, and hope I am.

Broncojef
10-03-2009, 10:30 PM
4-0 Mark it Down.

Quoydogs
10-03-2009, 11:32 PM

Under exaggeration of the year. GO BRONCOS GO DNyah!:bronxrox::coach:

Dagmar
10-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Under exaggeration of the year. GO BRONCOS GO DNyah!:bronxrox::coach:

Dude, advocate a name change! You are too close to one of the top 5 douches on the board...

Quoydogs
10-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Dude, advocate a name change! You are too close to one of the top 5 douches on the board...

Ok computer stupid here. I have had enough. How the hell do I change my name and will it erase my posts??

Thanks

Los Broncos
10-04-2009, 12:17 AM
My guy feeling say Dallas wins this game, my heart says the Broncos, just hoping for a victory.

BroncoInSkinland
10-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Ok computer stupid here. I have had enough. How the hell do I change my name and will it erase my posts??

Thanks

You cant change the name by yourself, a mod has to do it for you. It will not erase your posts. You could find out which mods are on by going to the front page (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6) and looking in the far bottom right corner, then send one of those mods a PM. I would also say if you like the current name you should keep it. Just because one of the village idiots has a similar handle, there is no reason you should be put out, and the more observant posters will notice the difference. :)

BroncoInSkinland
10-04-2009, 07:32 AM

Point taken, and I still probably would have gone with the win, I DON'T bet against the Broncos. Sorry I took you on the more serious side, I just didn't think you would sink to tailoring a thread towards "one of the top 5 douches" on the board. :P

Broncomutt
10-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Just hope the Orton and McDaniels "boo-birds" stay at home.

This is too pivotal a game to have them fueling Dallas.

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Point taken, and I still probably would have gone with the win, I DON'T bet against the Broncos. Sorry I took you on the more serious side, I just didn't think you would sink to tailoring a thread towards "one of the top 5 douches" on the board. :P

'Crusty' should NEVER be taken seriously.......

BroncoInSkinland
10-04-2009, 08:57 AM
'Crusty' should NEVER be taken seriously.......

LOL, I am sure he will take that as a compliment considering the source, I know I would.

Oh and that LOL is at you, not with you, just to clarify.

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 09:00 AM
LOL, I am sure he will take that as a compliment considering the source, I know I would.

"THE Source"--that is how you should refer to me going forward--perhaps I will make that my SIG.......

Dagmar
10-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Crusty. Such a witty and personality cutting comment. I shall go hang myself now.

http://facepalm.org/img.php

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Crusty. Such a witty and personality cutting comment. I shall go hang myself now.

I don't advocate that.........I'd hate to be banned.... Right OrangeBlueBlooded?

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 09:29 AM

It took you THREE PICTURES to finally get the one you 'wanted'? Guess what--keep looking--It still isn't funny or clever......

EDIT: make that FOUR :rofl: You get a capital 'E' for effort though! :clown:

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford

He calls you a FOOL and you bend over and hike up your skirt.....Hilarious!

TotallyScrewed
10-04-2009, 09:33 AM

We'll have to see how the season plays out for both QB's but I'd bet that the vast majority of fans would have been a lot more enthusiastic about the entire season with Jay Cutler. But I'm also sure some will continue to tout the greatness of Kyle...whatever.

Blueflame
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Thanks

If you want your username changed, I can do that for you... just let me know (either here or via PM) and I'll change it for you...

Dagmar
10-04-2009, 10:08 AM

yup. Or pick a file that changes everytime it refreshes to confuse RETARDS like you.

broncofan7
10-04-2009, 10:21 AM
yup. Or pick a file that changes everytime it refreshes to confuse RETARDS like you.

aghh! touche!--that actually IS clever--good job. point goes to you.

Dagmar
10-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I feel foolish so far.

BroncoInSkinland
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Well in a sense I was fooled by the original post, so I will take it for what it is worth. Thanks for illustrating fool for us though, your posts (or the results from them) continue to be an education in the art form of being a fool.

Bronx33
10-04-2009, 05:11 PM
No. 3-1 baby! Fire Josh...
AlienBronco, Anaximines, atomicbloke, backup qb, brncs_fan, broncofan7, BroncoSojia, DaFace, Durango, FireFly, Hercules Rockefeller, Hotwheelz, Iron Clady, Killericon, ludo21, McAmbiguous, Merlin, misturanderson, the_turtle, UberBroncoMan

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Well in a sense I was fooled by the original post, so I will take it for what it is worth. Thanks for illustrating fool for us though, your posts (or the results from them) continue to be an education in the art form of being a fool.

You hiked up your skirt....'nuff said.........as Parcells would say 'you are what you are...'

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 06:25 AM
You hiked up your skirt....'nuff said.........as Parcells would say 'you are what you are...'

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You might want to research that a bit, you seem to be failing to contradict it. Enjoying the win here this morning, sorry to see your ass is still chapped. It does get better, just smile. :)

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 06:27 AM

Oh also, after declaring Orton had a chance to win you over, you might want to change your user title. Unless that was false bravado, and you really didn't plan on giving Orton a chance all along....that couldn't possibly be the case could it? Say it ain't so Broncofan7, say it ain't so...

baja
10-05-2009, 06:32 AM

How'd that work out?

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 06:54 AM
How'd that work out?

We limited Dallas to 10 points TOTAL--if you told me that was going to be the case--I would have told you that we would have won this game EASILY.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Oh also, after declaring Orton had a chance to win you over, you might want to change your user title. Unless that was false bravado, and you really didn't plan on giving Orton a chance all along....that couldn't possibly be the case could it? Say it ain't so Broncofan7, say it ain't so...

We limited Dallas to 10 points total --it took him almost 3 qtrs to overcome that deficit--I do now have faith in him to win the close games-and that counts for something--but he is FAR TOO INCONSISTENT in what is supposed to be a QB friendly offense.........

BroncoInSkinland
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
We limited Dallas to 10 points total --it took him almost 3 qtrs to overcome that deficit--I do now have faith in him to win the close games-and that counts for something--but he is FAR TOO INCONSISTENT in what is supposed to be a QB friendly offense.........

LOL, 0 interceptions, he is the model of consitancy. He may not be a big play threat, but consistant is not his problem. Really I am just done with you, I don't really see the point in responding to you anymore. Try not to be offended, I am sure it is my loss. ::)

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 07:31 AM
LOL, 0 interceptions, he is the model of consitancy. He may not be a big play threat, but consistant is not his problem. Really I am just done with you, I don't really see the point in responding to you anymore. Try not to be offended, I am sure it is my loss. ::)

Look at his 3rd down conversion % and completion %--DREADFUL for McD's system. McD creates a QB friendly system that even Matt Cassel was able to excel in--I expect a little more than "he didn't throw any interceptions' from the Denver Broncos Starting QB! Quite frankly--anyone who has championship aspirations for their favorite teams KNOW that simply will not do. I will give you this though--our OL has been committing an inordinate amount of penalties too..that REALLY needs to be cleaned up.......

EDIT: Orton is 22nd in completion % @ 59%--in TODAYS NFL that SUCKS. He is consistent alright--consistently INACCURATE

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2009&sort=41&timeframe=ToDate

orangeatheist
10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
EDIT: Orton is 22nd in completion % @ 59%--in TODAYS NFL that SUCKS. He is consistent alright--consistently INACCURATE

Hmmm...rather than take a sack or throw an INT, he tosses it toward the bench and away from failure, helping to perch the Broncos to a 4-0 record and screw his own stats and some douche on a message board thinks he can take Orton to task over it.

Man, I knew some of the posters here were obtuse but you really define it.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Hmmm...rather than take a sack or throw an INT, he tosses it toward the bench and away from failure, helping to perch the Broncos to a 4-0 record and screw his own stats and some douche on a message board thinks he can take Orton to task over it.

Man, I knew some of the posters here were obtuse but you really define it.
We are giving up roughly 7 pts/game and we were almost 2-2.........Let that sink in for a moment........the defense cannot possibly play better and we still struggled to win 2 of our first 4 games........We could be the NO Saints of the AFC--but we are not--and why is that--because of our QB.

Kaylore
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
We are giving up roughly 7 pts/game and we were almost 2-2.........Let that sink in for a moment........the defense cannot possibly play better and we still struggled to win 2 of our first 4 games........We could be the NO Saints of the AFC--but we are not--and why is that--because of our QB.

You're the biggest idiot on this board.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
You're the biggest idiot on this board.

You're the most overrated 'respected' poster on this board.........Our team gives up ~7 points/game and yet we struggle to win 2 of them---OPEN UP YOUR EYES. Apparently objectivity frightens you into name calling.........

DID WE ALMOST LOSE 2 GAMES OR NOT WHILE HOLDING TEAMS TO 7 AND 10 POINTS RESPECTIVELY?

Los Broncos
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Come on BF7 we are 4-0, who cares how or why.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 08:57 AM

the ABOVE-Average detail oriented fan does..........

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM

I think it's funny that you are obsessed with being "above-average."

Please don't yell at me in big font.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I think it's funny that you are obsessed with being "above-average."

Please don't yell at me in big font.

How else would you characterize someone who looks PAST the bold, mainstream headlines that the 'Broncos WIN' and looks into the HOW and WHY?...Why were the Bengal and Cowboy games so close when we held them to 7 and 10 points respectively--penalties had a little to do with it..but it mostly comes back to Orton's inability to sustain drives with his arm.........

Kaylore
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM

Because "we are almost 2-2". However if we lost two of those games and someone said "we are almost 4-0" he would have said it doesn't matter.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Because "we are almost 2-2". However if we lost two of those games and someone said "we are almost 4-0" he would have said it doesn't matter.

No I would not have--I would have said this:--too bad our offense(QB) is wasting phenomenal defensive efforts........Orton does seem to have the ability to WIN the close games--that does count for something--but you should be asking yourself--with our scoring defense--why are these games close at all? WHEN a team finally scores more than 20 on us--we will be in a WORLD OF HURT--and with our talent at EVERY OFFENSIVE POSITION WITH THE EXCEPTION of QB that is unacceptable......

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
How else would you characterize someone who looks PAST the bold, mainstream headlines that the 'Broncos WIN' and looks into the HOW and WHY?...Why were the Bengal and Cowboy games so close when we held them to 7 and 10 points respectively--penalties had a little to do with it..but it mostly comes back to Orton's inability to sustain drives with his arm.........

It's pretty clear that most of the posters on this board look past the headlines, which by the way have been consistently anti-Bronco until yesterday.

As far as looking at how and why - you can also say we "should have" kicked that field goal yesterday instead of turning it over on downs, in which case we "would have" won by 10. Also Romo's play after our last TD to get to the red zone was pretty fluky. We dominated after the first quarter, with 17 unanswered points. In week one Cincinatti was lucky we didn't win 9-7 in a game where we consistently dominated play.

If you pick apart everything the Broncos do wrong, ignore what the other teams did wrong, and play down anything Orton did right (which was plenty) then you are going to see a pretty negative picture every week, unless we completely blow out an awesome team, which is a rarity for any club in this league.

Most people don't see things the same way you do, which is fine. The fact that you attribute that to them being "average" says more about your own insecurity than anything else. If you were that confident in your opinion it shouldn't bother you if someone else disagrees. The fact is, you have been proven wrong a lot recently (Spags is no longer featured in your tag-line I noticed) and you have done nothing to prove that you are any more knowledgable about this team than, say, Bob.

Have a little modesty and lay off your quest to prove yourself smarter than everyone else, and maybe folks won't get on your case so much.

Los Broncos
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM

We won close games, it happens.

But how can you even watch a game with that attitude?

DenverBrit
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM

What makes you an "above average fan"?

Betting against your team in an opener?

Betting pre-season games?

Or just whining nonstop?

All of the above makes you anything but "above average", quite the contrary!

loborugger
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
you're the most overrated 'respected' poster on this board.........our team gives up ~7 points/game and yet we struggle to win 2 of them---open up your eyes. Apparently objectivity frightens you into name calling.........

did we almost lose 2 games or not while holding teams to 7 and 10 points respectively?

uh oh!!! Its time for the big font again!!!!

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
What makes you an "above average fan"?

Betting against your team in an opener?

Betting pre-season games?

Or just whining nonstop?

All of the above makes you anything but "above average", quite the contrary!

What is our scoring offense ranking this year? How does our passing game rank this year? OH. Why are we winning--NOT due to our offense improving..........

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
uh oh!!! Its time for the big font again!!!!

To be fair--he did state that he was having health issues--blurred vision is a common side effect of medications and I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt for his warrantless post......you on the other hand--you're just lost........

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
We won close games, it happens.

But how can you even watch a game with that attitude?

When we are on offense I dread seeing Orton from the Gun (which is most of the time)--he is anemic.........and only comes to life PART of the game

DenverBrit
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
What is our scoring offense ranking this year? How does our passing game rank this year? OH. Why are we winning--NOT due to our offense improving..........

The offense IS improving and the team is 4-0.

Your other stats this time of year are meaningless by comparison.

You'd be happy with the #1 offense and an 0-4 start?

What's the over/under on when you stop whining??

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
The offense IS improving and the team is 4-0.

Your other stats this time of year are meaningless by comparison.

You'd be happy with the #1 offense and an 0-4 start?

What's the over/under on when you stop whining??

What a MORONIC POST..we are winning(4-0) DESPITE Kyle Orton and his 19 ppg offensive output..........

DenverBrit
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
What a MORONIC POST..we are winning(4-0) DESPITE Kyle Orton and his 19 ppg offensive output..........

I'll ask again: "What's the over/under on when you'll stop whining"?

Another question: Is 19 ppg enough to get to the playoffs or the Super Bowl??

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll ask again: "What's the over/under on when you'll stop whining"?

Another question: Is 19 ppg enough to get to the playoffs or the Super Bowl??

2000 ravens? they averaged 20.8--so it can be done--by we don't have the explosive playmakers who actually scored Td's on D/ST's like they did.....

jhns
10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
I vote that we will beat Dallas. I bet Marshall has an amazing catch and run. I will also predict that Dallas tries to throw at Bailey and Champ will make them look dumb.

See, and you guys all say I am negative.

HAT
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
You're the most overrated 'respected' poster on this board.........Our team gives up ~7 points/game and yet we struggle to win 2 of them---OPEN UP YOUR EYES. Apparently objectivity frightens you into name calling.........

DID WE ALMOST LOSE 2 GAMES OR NOT WHILE HOLDING TEAMS TO 7 AND 10 POINTS RESPECTIVELY?

I just checked espn, cbssportsline, fox , yahoo and my local fishwrap....
Couldn't find a column labeled 'almost loss in any of them.

broncofan7
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I just checked espn, cbssportsline, fox , yahoo and my local fishwrap....
Couldn't find a column labeled 'almost loss in any of them.

That's why you need to WATCH THE GAMES.........sober.