PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread 2009/2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Baba Booey
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Apparently Devils GM Lou Lamoriello grabbed a jar of jelly from the postgame food spread in the Devils locker room last night after the game and hucked it against the wall. He then went on a tirade directed at the Devils coaching staff.

Awesome, but probably too late.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Apparently Devils GM Lou Lamoriello grabbed a jar of jelly from the postgame food spread in the Devils locker room last night after the game and hucked it against the wall. He then went on a tirade directed at the Devils coaching staff.

Awesome, but probably too late.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/46471/Lou.jpg

Don't **** with Lou.

chadta
04-23-2010, 04:36 AM
god i hope we get the refs that have been doing the buffalo boston series instead of the one weve been getting so far or we dont have a chance, there is something wrong with a league when one series can have 50 power plays and another 18, are jersey and philly that dirty ? im sick of watching games where each team has 2 power plays in the first 10 minutes, thats penguins hockey, and i dont like it, let the friggin players play.

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
god i hope we get the refs that have been doing the buffalo boston series instead of the one weve been getting so far or we dont have a chance, there is something wrong with a league when one series can have 50 power plays and another 18, are jersey and philly that dirty ? im sick of watching games where each team has 2 power plays in the first 10 minutes, thats penguins hockey, and i dont like it, let the friggin players play.

That was a great win last night. On to Round 2!

Kid A
04-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Avs looked worn down, beat up, and in full out surrender mode last night. They've gone further than most people ever expected, but I just hope they can go out with a better effort in game 6. Several players need to step up on offense if that can happen, though.

24champ
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Avs looked worn down, beat up, and in full out surrender mode last night. They've gone further than most people ever expected, but I just hope they can go out with a better effort in game 6. Several players need to step up on offense if that can happen, though.

It was a good year regardless, I had you guys in the bottom of the standings...and Duchene is Calder worthy.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Norris finalists:

Doughty
Green
Keith

SJ Bronco
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Fuqers scare the hell out of me. It's going to be hard to finish em.

Al Wilson
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Seriously...the refs in the Sens-Pens series have been ****ing weak except they let them play in overtime last night. There's been so many questionable calls it's getting ridiculous

Al Wilson
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Norris finalists:

Doughty
Green
Keith
Should be Doughty. He's the best overall defenseman this year, and he's a major reason why the kings even made the playoffs this year. Not to mention he was great with team Canada.

24champ
04-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Should be Doughty. He's the best overall defenseman this year, and he's a major reason why the kings even made the playoffs this year. Not to mention he was great with team Canada.

Probably going to be Keith...but I am hearing a lot of Norris love for Doughty in the media. So who knows what will happen, and getting a Norris at the age of 20?

chadta
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Probably going to be Keith...but I am hearing a lot of Norris love for Doughty in the media. So who knows what will happen, and getting a Norris at the age of 20?

east coast bias, he wont get it

should, but wont

SoCalBronco
04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Just like last year in the first round....PIT goes down 3-0 in Game 6 on the road, but comes back to win it.

PIT 4 OTT 3 (Overtime).

Dupuis with the game winner from Staal.

The Pens advance to the second round.

ElwayMD
04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Just like last year in the first round....PIT goes down 3-0 in Game 6 on the road, but comes back to win it.

PIT 4 OTT 3 (Overtime).

Was nice to see Cook and Dupes get into the scoring in this game. Can't count on Crosby and Geno to carry the load for an entire series.

bombay
04-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Avalanche score at 15:09 of the 3rd and take the lead, 2-1!

Kid A
04-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Avalanche score at 15:09 of the 3rd and take the lead, 2-1!

Yip! Let's take this thing the distance guys!

bombay
04-24-2010, 10:09 PM
****. Boyle, 2-2.

Kid A
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Pavelski ****ing owns us this series.

bombay
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Pavelski ****ing owns us this series.

Yeah. The young Avs got ahead of themselves this year, and made a series out of it, buy it looks over. Great season, though.

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Saint Joe guppies look like they are gunna take it.

Kid A
04-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Once we took the lead SJ seemed to kick it into another gear we just don't have right now. Got doubled in shots (or worse) almost every game by a more veteran/talented team. Not a bad showing, though, given where we began this offseason. Look forward to next year.

Until then, go Blackhawks the rest of the way I guess.

Bronco Boy
04-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Avs really **** the bed tonight.

Paladin
04-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Young Avs learging. They went further than most predicted they would. Maybe with a years' experience and a couple of defensemen, Avs can get back next year.....

Damm good season for the club.

Broncofan_H
04-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Young Avs learging. They went further than most predicted they would. Maybe with a years' experience and a couple of defensemen, Avs can get back next year.....

Damm good season for the club.

Exactly!

Kid A
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Gauging how good this season was for the Avs I remember going into our opening game this season (ironically against San Jose), with it being Joe Sakic night, thinking "god, I really hope they just don't get embarrassed this one night that we honor the best player in franchise history. We can suck for all the rest, but please not this one."

I mean, I seriously worried they'd get run out of the building by a star studded team given how terrible they were last year, how many veterans they lost, and how inexperienced so many starters were. Instead, they kicked the Sharks' ass that night and started out as the hottest team in the league for over a month.

Just a fun, unexpected season. Need a couple more pieces, but with Anderson and the young guns they have a hell of a core to build on now.

DBruleU
04-25-2010, 12:09 AM
I just pray that the Avs actually build on this squad and actually add players from FA that are good quality players. I don't want to become like the Bluejackets who made the playoffs last year and this year had a huge drop off.

Al Wilson
04-25-2010, 12:56 AM

PIT 4 OTT 3 (Overtime).

Good series SoCal. You guys have a very tough team, I'm sure you will make it to atleast the East Finals. Good luck

SJ Bronco
04-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Avs are better then their seeding, young bastards will only be a year older and smarter next year. Everyone talks as if the Sharks played badly, but I think the Avs are a better team then people think. I hope the Sharks prove that in the next round by steam rolling the wings, or LA

SoCalBronco
04-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Good series SoCal. You guys have a very tough team, I'm sure you will make it to atleast the East Finals. Good luck

Thanks, man. Props to Ottawa for a very hard fought series. I was impressed with Regin and LeClaire's play. Alfie also turned it on even though he was obviously hurting. Good club that's going to get better.

24champ
04-25-2010, 01:58 AM
I hope the Sharks prove that in the next round by steam rolling the wings, or LA

I don't think the Kings advance with their average goaltending. Next year the Bernier and Kovie era starts...so I am looking forward to that.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Kings outplay the Canucks in Game 6, but fall 4-2. Luongo basically stole this game.

Canucks advance. I feel bad for my buddy, 24. This is a good learning experience for them. They showed they could play and play well. They probably should have won Game 4 and this game...so they could have easily won this series. This experience will help their young players, later. Keep your head up, 24.

Phoenix wins at Detroit to force a Game 7.

24champ
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Kings outplay the Canucks in Game 6, but fall 4-2. Luongo basically stole this game.

Canucks advance. I feel bad for my buddy, 24. This is a good learning experience for them. They showed they could play and play well. They probably should have won Game 4 and this game...so they could have easily won this series. This experience will help their young players, later. Keep your head up, 24.

Phoenix wins at Detroit to force a Game 7.

I don't feel bad. I saw this ending coming a mile away as soon as our Goalie Quick started ****ing the bed. Quick hasn't been the same since March, and I don't believe he performs well in pressure situations. Probably the most unclutch goalie in the NHL.

We'll be better next year. Pick up Kovie and start Bernier next season. Probably need another Dman to boot.

Pendejo
04-25-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't feel bad. I saw this ending coming a mile away as soon as our Goalie Quick started ****ing the bed. Quick hasn't been the same since March, and I don't believe he performs well in pressure situations. Probably the most unclutch goalie in the NHL.

We'll be better next year. Pick up Kovie and start Bernier next season. Probably need another Dman to boot.

Nice take dumb dumb. Gawd I hope Lombardi is stupid enough to give "Kovie" what he wants.You don't blow your wad on him. There is nothing wrong with Quick either. The Kings are a very young team. And they're doing o.k. Although Dustin Brown's lisp is pretty fvcking gay. I hope the Kings' management is as unapologetically stupid as you are. Honestly I hope they follow your advice. That will **** them up for a good long time.

Dumbass.

24champ
04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice take dumb dumb. Gawd I hope Lombardi is stupid enough to give "Kovie" what he wants.You don't blow your wad on him. There is nothing wrong with Quick either. The Kings are a very young team. And they're doing o.k. Although Dustin Brown's lisp is pretty ****ing gay. I hope the Kings' management is as unapologetically stupid as you are. Honestly I hope they follow your advice. That will **** them up for a good long time.

Dumbass.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7973/1253784913jacknicholson.gif

chadta
04-26-2010, 05:29 AM
im gonna have to agree with pendejo, you want NO part of kovi, ask neckbeard how his was for them. Hes just not a team player, and will mess up the team system.

broncocalijohn
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
At least the Kings know where to play their golf game and always get out there before the hot weather hits. Yes, my ducks didnt make it but it would have never stopped 24 from ruining my fun so my turn to give it back. Congrats on the Sharks for not choking the first round. Going to enjoy this 2nd round.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Jaroslav Halak does his best Tim Tebow impersonation and the Habs beat the Caps, 4-1, despite being absolutely and completelyy outplayed the entire game. 53 saves!

Game 7 on Wednesday. I'd love to see Halak do it again....but the reality is that Washington will probably blow them out in Game 7.

Boston wins 4-3 to eliminate the Sabres in Game 6.

Baba Booey
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
im gonna have to agree with pendejo, you want NO part of kovi, ask neckbeard how his was for them. Hes just not a team player, and will mess up the team system.

Yeah. As hard as he tried, he just completely clashed with our system. We're a dump and chase team, whereas Kovalchuk is used to an aggressive system that a guy like himself or Ovechkin could thrive in. Can't knock the effort he put in, but he just isn't right for us.

I hope we take some the money that we would be throwing at Kovalchuk and put it towards a warrior like Volchenkov. God knows we need some toughness on the back end after seeing the Flyers forecheck smash us into dust.

Baba Booey
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
By the way, now that Lemaire has retired I'm praying to GOD we hire a young guy like Mike Haviland (assistant for the Hawks) or Guy Boucher (Hamilton Bulldogs coach - AHL Coach of the year) that can bring a new aggressive nature to our team. We have some serious skill on our team and some offensively capable defensemen like Martin (providing he resigns) and Greene, including some exciting young talent like Tedenby, Josefson, and Eckford coming through juniors and the minors.

I'm so ****ing tired of playing passive hockey in the playoffs. We've only won two series since '03 when we won the whole damn thing. It's a crying shame (for obviously much more than hockey reasons) that Pat Burns had to get sick, because I'm 99% sure he'd still be our coach.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah. As hard as he tried, he just completely clashed with our system. We're a dump and chase team, whereas Kovalchuk is used to am aggressive system that a guy like himself or Ovechkin could thrive in. Can't knock the effort he put in, but he just isn't right for us.

I hope we take some the money that we would be throwing at Kovalchuk and put it towards a warrior like Volchenkov. God knows we need some toughness on the back end after seeing the Flyers forecheck smash us into dust.

Now that Lemaire has retired.....maybe Kovy might succeed in New Jersey........IF they are going to switch to a 2-1-2 forecheck instead of the 1-2-2 trap.

Baba Booey
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Now that Lemaire has retired.....maybe Kovy might succeed in New Jersey........IF they are going to switch to a 2-1-2 forecheck instead of the 1-2-2 trap.

Yeah, you never know. That's why I want the coaching situation to be resolved as soon as possible, so negotiations can begin with not only Kovalchuk, but with Martin and Clarkson as well. If we promote a guy like Mario Tremblay to head coach, though, you can forget Kovalchuk resigning with us because we'll be playing the same style as last year.

Sutter played a great system during the two regular seasons he was here - we forechecked with two forwards and the defensemen were free to jump in the play. Then, in the playoffs, he starts line matching and playing Jay butt-****ing Pandolfo 20 minutes a night.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Halak stole Game 1 and he absolutely dominated tonight.

ElwayMD
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
It's gonna be fun to listen to all the sports talk stations tomorrow here in DC. Caps are one loss away from being an amazingly huge disappointment.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
It's gonna be fun to listen to all the sports talk stations tomorrow here in DC. Caps are one loss away from being an amazingly huge disappointment.

There's no way the Caps lose Game 7 at home as much as I would like to see it. It's just not realistic....at all. IMO, WSH 5 MTL 1.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Doubt it. The Habs have all the momentum and Halak has been unreal the past 2 games.

Baba Booey
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Game seven will be crazy. The Habs will have to come out flying to have a shot.

24champ
04-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Doubt it. The Habs have all the momentum and Halak has been unreal the past 2 games.

Yeah, just goes to show how important Goaltending is in the playoffs.

2009 San Jose Sharks= 2010 Washington Capitals.

Based on that, I don't want to win the Presidents Cup next season. Frigging thing is cursed.

SJ Bronco
04-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I want the wings, the Cyotes look pretty similar to the avs and may cause some match up problems. The wings look weak on D (specially in goal) and I think the Sharks can keep their big scorers in check. Either way, the next round won't be any easier...just once I'd like a nice easy sweep...*sigh*

gyldenlove
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I want the wings, the Cyotes look pretty similar to the avs and may cause some match up problems. The wings look weak on D (specially in goal) and I think the Sharks can keep their big scorers in check. Either way, the next round won't be any easier...just once I'd like a nice easy sweep...*sigh*

3-0-1.

Well if the Wings can play a few more games like they played in game 7 the Sharks might as well start booking tee-times, I don't know if any team in the league can stand up to them when they play like that but I do know the Sharks can't.

Not since the olympics have I seen a team get dismantled like that, the Coyotes were outclassed by every Wings line, they were outworked and outshot and often ended up looking like they were killing off penalties when they were 5 on 5.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2010, 11:10 AM

You want the Wings....you got the Wings.

I'm looking forward to the series.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
3-0-1.

Well if the Wings can play a few more games like they played in game 7 the Sharks might as well start booking tee-times, I don't know if any team in the league can stand up to them when they play like that but I do know the Sharks can't.

Not since the olympics have I seen a team get dismantled like that, the Coyotes were outclassed by every Wings line, they were outworked and outshot and often ended up looking like they were killing off penalties when they were 5 on 5.

It certainly was fun to watch the Wings kick it up a notch and play like a swarm of angry bees.

broncocalijohn
04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, just goes to show how important Goaltending is in the playoffs.

2009 San Jose Sharks= 2010 Washington Capitals.

Based on that, I don't want to win the Presidents Cup next season. Frigging thing is cursed.

Your team is improving. President cup isnt coming from a #6 seed next season. Thank God Quick wasnt our Olympic starting goalie.

Smiling Assassin27
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
It certainly was fun to watch the Wings kick it up a notch and play like a swarm of angry bees.

Must've promised the guys meet and greet with these gals:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:h4LVLv7qHpuzzM:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2404810273_50562ce311.jpg%3Fv%3D0

Smiling Assassin27
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.w8man.com/bob/riding.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
The # 8 Habs pull off a huge upset and defeat the # 1 Caps, 2-1 in Game 7. Wow. Halak=Tim Tebow.

East Second Round

# 8 Canadiens vs. # 4 Penguins
# 7 Flyers vs. # 6 Bruins

West Second Round

# 5 Red Wings vs. # 1 Sharks
# 3 Canucks vs. # 2 Blackhawks

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Congrats to the Canadians, you outworked, outcoached, and outplayed the Caps. Halak was awesome in Games 1, 5, 6, and 7.

As a Caps fan, that's typical Caps playoff hockey, they're out earlier than a team of your talent level should be. I'd love to say I'm shocked, but I expected this.

Bruce Boudreau, learn to ****ing coach in the playoffs. Your team had the best PP in the league, and your team scored 1 single time in that series. It wasn't working and you didn't do **** until this game. When asked what you planned to change overall after losing in Game 6, your response was "I don't know." Congrats, you can win the regular season, you haven't proven dick in the postseason.

Alex Semin, GTFO. Being Ovechkin's best friend on the team only gets you so far. $6M for a 2nd line winger can be better spent on someone who can put up more than a single point in the playoffs. Your 40 goals in the regular season only gets you so far after 3 straight years of playoff defeats.

Tomas Fleischmann, ditto. You have 4 pts last year and 1 pt this year. See ya.

Regular season production from both of you only means so much at some point, and we've passed that point.

Mike Green, you get a bad rap for your play in your own end. You'll never be a Pronger-like shutdown D-man, but that's not your game. During the regular season, you at least showed the people who were willing to watch, you actually are average/above average in your own end. This series, your retarded decisions took all that away. The PP goal tonight came after your penalty, and the 2nd goal came after instead of playing the puck away, you went for the hit, thereby taking yourself out of the play. You'll turn only 25 a week into next season and are a Norris finalist for the 2nd straight season, but learn to play with your ****ing head when you're in the playoffs. Watch tonight's tape and see how your 2 mistakes were the difference.

Ovechkin and Backstrom, 10 pts in 7 games. You did your part. Ovy will be blamed because he is the captain, but the past 3 seasons in the playoffs, he's averaged more than 1 ppg.

Eric Fehr, you toiled away on the 3rd line all year, and was Top 5 in the league in goals per 60 minutes played, with a list with guys like Ovechkin and Crosby. You'll get your shot on the 2nd line next year, and will replace Knuble on the 1st line in '11-12.

John Carlson, you've shown at every level below the NHL that it's not challenging enough yet. You're 20 years old and looked like a veteran out there. You've earned your 25 minutes per game next year and are the future on D along with Green and Alzner.

$20+M in cap room, better ****ing use it McPhee.

The 1st #1 seed to be up 3-1 and lose to a #8 seed. Congrats.

Best home record in the league and you lost 3 games at home and led for a little over 6 minutes in 4 home games. Congrats.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Carlson is indeed a badass. I'm very worried about him the next few years. IMO.....Semin is not bad, he's just inconsistent. When he's on, he's a monster. I think the Caps will probably benefit from this long term because McPhee will learn he needs to add some more physicality and some more defensive presence. Don't think Varlamov needs to be replaced, cause he's still young and not that bad at all.

I'm sure you guys will be back in full force next year, Herc. I suspect they will give Backstrom a huge extension this summer and maybe go after Volchenkov.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
That's Semin's problem, he is too inconsistent, but $6M next year for a guy who was nonexistant when it really matters is just a waste of money.

They don't need goalie help, despite what people will say, Varlamov gets his shot next year in the regular season too.

As their pointing out on HF right now, 1-3 in Game 7s at home under Boudreau, and 2 of those losses came after being up 2 games in the series. He just looks in over his head at this point in the playoffs.

If it's true Volchenkov wants $5M per season, as much as I'd love him, that's just too much for someone who brings nothing to the table on the offensive side of the game.

gyldenlove
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
The caps need a shutdown defenseman and a 2nd line center. Between getting those and giving Backstrom the 6 or 7 mill a year he is due the cap space will be pretty much gone.

ElwayMD
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
If you would have told me the Pens would be the top seed in the east after the first round I would have asked for some of what you were smoking. What a crazy...crazy playoffs it has already been.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
If you would have told me the Pens would be the top seed in the east after the first round I would have asked for some of what you were smoking. What a crazy...crazy playoffs it has already been.

See....this is the thing...I'm grateful for the fact that the top three seeds are out and we have home ice in the East, but there's two problems....1) the Penguins are only 1-2 at home in the playoffs so far and 2) the Penguins have been very inconsistent this year in situations where they are expected to do well....its like they don't take the weaker teams seriously.....they lost so many games this year to teams like TB and ATL that had no business playing with Pittsburgh....we're not as mentally tough as last year...that worries me. If the Penguins think that they can coast to the Finals just because WSH, NJ and BUF are out....we're going to get raped. Raped. They CANNOT let up. They're just not good enough to do that and get by. Not this year. They need to really keep working hard. They do match up well with the remaining teams in the East, but there isn't a single team they can beat of the remaining three if they only play so-so hockey like they did in the regular season. Montreal just withstood an all out assault from Washington for 7 games. They are not going to roll over for us..........we need to BRING IT or else we'll be on the golf course. I know Sid's going to bring it........but is Geno going to bring it? Flower? The young defensemen? Can Staalsy actually contribute something offensively? The wingers will also have to earn their paycheck for the first time all year. The Penguins have been given a tremendous oppurtunity here to get back to the Finals..............but it wouldn't shock me in the least if they tripped over themselves on the way. They better focus and show some mental toughness.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
The Caps need a real coach and and a focus on team defense. Playing free wheeling pick up offense scores goals but there is no system in place there. The last two years, teams that were not as talented as them were able to take them 7 games....

Until Ovie has a Stevie Y transformation, they will always be this way.

ElwayMD
04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
See....this is the thing...I'm grateful for the fact that the top three seeds are out and we have home ice in the East, but there's two problems....1) the Penguins are only 1-2 at home in the playoffs so far and 2) the Penguins have been very inconsistent this year in situations where they are expected to do well....its like they don't take the weaker teams seriously.....they lost so many games this year to teams like TB and ATL that had no business playing with Pittsburgh....we're not as mentally tough as last year...that worries me. If the Penguins think that they can coast to the Finals just because WSH, NJ and BUF are out....we're going to get raped. Raped. They CANNOT let up. They're just not good enough to do that and get by. Not this year. They need to really keep working hard. They do match up well with the remaining teams in the East, but there isn't a single team they can beat of the remaining three if they only play so-so hockey like they did in the regular season. Montreal just withstood an all out assault from Washington for 7 games. They are not going to roll over for us..........we need to BRING IT or else we'll be on the golf course. I know Sid's going to bring it........but is Geno going to bring it? Flower? The young defensemen? Can Staalsy actually contribute something offensively? The wingers will also have to earn their paycheck for the first time all year. The Penguins have been given a tremendous oppurtunity here to get back to the Finals..............but it wouldn't shock me in the least if they tripped over themselves on the way. They better focus and show some mental toughness.

I think game 6 vs. Ottawa was a great wake up call for them. Seemed to me that they got some swagger back from that win. I'm hoping they come out motivated to put a team like the Habs away in 5 games and have that killer instinct that they lacked in the regular season. The question with the series coming up is how much longer will Halak stand on his head. He will have to come down to earth soon enough.

maher_tyler
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Yea..if i were the Caps owner i'd be looking for a new coach..thats pathetic!

Looks like we could be getting the Wings and Pens in the finals again!!

Baba Booey
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
LOL Caps.

Go Hawks, Wings, or Habs, I guess.

chadta
04-29-2010, 05:15 AM
that extra first rounder the flyers gave up to make sure pronger didnt end up in washington sure made a big difference in year one in the playoffs.

i still think we overpayed, but take him away we dont get out of the first round, and the cpas probally do.

Dedhed
04-29-2010, 06:45 AM
The Bruins are the real benefactors of the Habs upsetting the Caps. Instead of taking on Syd and the Pens they get a beat up Flyers team that they match up with far better, and they get home ice.

Hogan11
04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
The Bruins are the real benefactors of the Habs upsetting the Caps. Instead of taking on Syd and the Pens they get a beat up Flyers team that they match up with far better, and they get home ice.

Bring them on.....the Flyers will bury them just like they did the Devils.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-29-2010, 07:45 AM
that extra first rounder the flyers gave up to make sure pronger didnt end up in washington sure made a big difference in year one in the playoffs.

i still think we overpayed, but take him away we dont get out of the first round, and the cpas probally do.

Unless Anaheim came off of what they were asking for at the '09 Trade deadline, the Caps weren't making a move for Pronger.

Anaheim wanted Carlson/Alzner + Varlamov/Neuwirth + picks. That just wasn't happening.

SoCalBronco
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
The Pens blast Montreal, 6-3 in Game 1. Pittsburgh with 4 PP goals after MTL's PK held WSH to 1 for 33 on the PP.

Markov and Staal injured. Sid with 2 more assists. P.K. Subban is going to be a very good player for MTL.

SoCalBronco
05-01-2010, 11:05 AM
There are conflicting reports about the extent of Jordan Staal's tendon injury. He had surgery last night. Some initial reports say he's done for the season, but others say he could be back in the next series if PIT advances. Dan Bylsma did not rule him out for the rest of the MTL series, either.

Markov flew back to MTL last night, so he's out at least for a game, probably more.

chadta
05-01-2010, 11:23 AM
so thats what a penalty free period looks like

WOW

not liking the score, but man is it nice to not have the pens refs doing our games for once

GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Baba Booey
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Bring them on.....the Flyers will bury them just like they did the Devils.

:vermeil:

chadta
05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
props to brooks laich

this is what makes hockey players special.

two thumbs up

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/After-Game-7-loss-Capitals-Laich-fixes-tire-fo?urn=nhl,237745

would you be stopping to change a flat tire after losing a game 7 ?

Hogan11
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
:vermeil:

Fought them hard, came back from 2 down and took it to OT.

No tears here, plenty of hockey left to play.

chadta
05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
came back from 2 down

twice, with half a team of AHLers,

Baba Booey
05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Fought them hard, came back from 2 down and took it to OT.

No tears here, plenty of hockey left to play.

I was shedding tears for the Devils. Man, I still can't believe what a pathetic bunch of losers they are. Watching the Bruins play with some ****ing passion and actually match Philly's intensity really pissed me off.

Should be a great series, right down to the wire.

SJ Bronco
05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I love watching everyone pick against the sharks as if they are sending the same choke artists out this year that they did the past few. This is a VERY different team with young gritty core and some old guys knocking on the door on their way out. 3 1/2 TOUGH lines and a young defense pairing that will be hawking for years to come. I won't predict the Sharks will win it all, but the choke factor just isn't there. The Avs gave us more energy than they can handle, but eventually, they just couldn't keep it up for a whole series. As far as I'm concerned, the Avs where a better defensive team than the wings by far and we play just enough D to win in a high or low scoring contest. The Sharks had to come back from a few disappointing scenarios to beat a young high energy Avs team, right up to, and including the final period of game 6. Having to reclaim the lead on hostile ice. The Choke factor is gone. you may be able to gt big Joe pissing himself, but the big pavelski, and the gooch, along with Demers and a red hot couture are not going to be rattled. With the leadership of a hard working pro like Boyle and a resilient danny heatley....I'll take my chances putting Marleau, thornton and that bone head murray on the ice. Hopefully those tag alongs will remember they are played to win hockey games.

Hogan11
05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I was shedding tears for the Devils. Man, I still can't believe what a pathetic bunch of losers they are. Watching the Bruins play with some ****ing passion and actually match Philly's intensity really pissed me off.

Should be a great series, right down to the wire.

Ah, sorry to misinterpret the post. My bad.

SoCalBronco
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Despite dominating the game, we got Halak'd.

:(

MTL 3 PIT 1.

Series tied 1-1.

Baba Booey
05-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Devils prospect Adam Henrique had a hat trick today for the Windsor Spitfires in their 5-2 victory over the Barrie Colts. Windsor leads the OHL finals 3-0.

Henrique has 19 goals and 24 points in 18 playoff games. He's already signed to an ELC, so I'm hoping he can make the big squad within the next couple of years. Lord knows we need dudes that know how to bring the rain in the postseason.

SoCalBronco
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Devils prospect Adam Henrique had a hat trick today for the Windsor Spitfires in their 5-2 victory over the Barrie Colts. Windsor leads the OHL finals 3-0.

Henrique has 19 goals and 24 points in 18 playoff games. He's already signed to an ELC, so I'm hoping he can make the big squad within the next couple of years. Lord knows we need dudes that know how to bring the rain in the postseason.

Henrique is a good Canadian boy just like Mock. Mock told you he would pwn in the OHL. I'm sure you think I know nothing about the game, but Mock's family actually has a rich history with hockey. You're and idiot. Before moving to Iowa, Mock was born and raised in Manitoba. Mock's great grandfather basically founded Medicine Hat so get off my back, dickweed.

Mock's great uncle slapped Tretiak in the face at the 72 Summit Series. Mock's Mom actually dated Darryl Sittler for awhile in the 70s.........before Punch Imlach threw her out of the lockerroom....Ha! I warned you, Ruth! ROFL!

Mock has alot of contacts in this league. Back in the early 90s, I used to regularly go over to Esa Tikkanen's house to watch porn. Don't give me any shiat....it was Edmonton in the winter, WTF else was I supposed to be doing? God...I hated that hell hole. I was stuck in that dump for 7 months while the grain contract got worked out. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Bowlen is from there. BTW, I negotiated Nik Antropov's last contract......Mock also has Tomas Kaberle on speed dial, so STFU.

Mock's kittens are total puckbunnies. Diana went out with a hockey player a few months ago. He was practically at third base by the time he picked her up at the house. Mock was jealous. It turns out.......he couldn't even get it up. Mock wouldn't be surprised if it was Joe Thornton. Ha!

Mock has been closely following the Stanley Cup playoffs. Mock was amused when Lou broke the glass of jelly. Mock loves Travis Zajac......Brodeur's ex-wife looked fatter than Bob's Mom in the 2001 Finals, though. It's all meat to Mock, anyway. Mock respects the Pens, but I simply had enough when some douche on CBC compared Crosby to Moses on the air. IMO....Pitt really is in the league's pants. How very amusing. Beezer loves watching the Caps. He starts chewing his tail everytime Backstrom is on the ice or the Caps get an odd man rush. Ovie is kind of an a-hole, tho...he kinda reminds me of myself. :rofl: Beezer likes to start humping the reclining chair whenever they show that Geico commercial with the caveman and Mike Green. Mock is slowly starting to warm up to Versus....although I still would have preferred Gary Thorne and Bill Clement on ESPN. That was the playoffs at its finest....especially that badass ESPN hockey theme music. Mock didn't mind that Thorne and Clement were clearly flaming....it was painfully obvious, though. Did I tell you that I once met Pierre McGuire in the bathroom at a Chucky Cheese? It was epic. True story..........Mock once babysat P.K. Subban.........I told you morons 5 years ago that kid was Adrian Madise on skates. He's stronger than a horse on acid. Who's laughing now...biatch.

/mock..NHL style
;D

maher_tyler
05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I love watching everyone pick against the sharks as if they are sending the same choke artists out this year that they did the past few. This is a VERY different team with young gritty core and some old guys knocking on the door on their way out. 3 1/2 TOUGH lines and a young defense pairing that will be hawking for years to come. I won't predict the Sharks will win it all, but the choke factor just isn't there. The Avs gave us more energy than they can handle, but eventually, they just couldn't keep it up for a whole series. As far as I'm concerned, the Avs where a better defensive team than the wings by far and we play just enough D to win in a high or low scoring contest. The Sharks had to come back from a few disappointing scenarios to beat a young high energy Avs team, right up to, and including the final period of game 6. Having to reclaim the lead on hostile ice. The Choke factor is gone. you may be able to gt big Joe pissing himself, but the big pavelski, and the gooch, along with Demers and a red hot couture are not going to be rattled. With the leadership of a hard working pro like Boyle and a resilient danny heatley....I'll take my chances putting Marleau, thornton and that bone head murray on the ice. Hopefully those tag alongs will remember they are played to win hockey games.

Your lucky we had Hejduk, Jones and Mueller out..otherwise we'd all be talking about how the Sharks choked again!!

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Some thoughts on the game today and in general.

1. Montreal had no business winning this game. At all. I can see why Herc was so frustrated. The Habs keep getting ****ING RAPED and Halak is literally saving the entire team.
2. Flower needs to be something other than below average. He's really not doing a hell of alot in the postseason this year.
3. They missed Staalsy on the PK.
4. Someone needs to send Geno a memo that his parents are in town....so it might be a good idea to stop playing like you don't give a ****.
5. They have to re-sign Sarge. Seriously, the entire PP will completely go to hell without him. I don't care that he's like 35 and is a liability in his own end. The team's winning percentage without Sarge the last few years is like somewhere around .400. Tang and GoGo cannot do the things he can do.
6. Guerin's been slightly less horrible in the playoffs, but he still needs to GTFO after the season. He literally cost Crosby the scoring title. He can take Fedotenko with him.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-03-2010, 07:16 AM
1. Montreal had no business winning this game. At all. I can see why Herc was so frustrated. The Habs keep getting ****ING RAPED and Halak is literally saving the entire team.

Welcome to my nightmare

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Welcome to my nightmare

Yeah...hopefully this doesn't keep up or else I'm going to pull out my hair. ;D

In other news, Boston beats Philly 3-2 to go up 2-0 in the series.

Ray Finkle
05-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah...hopefully this doesn't keep up or else I'm going to pull out my hair. ;D

don't you have some briefs to go review :D

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
don't you have some briefs to go review :D

Nah...I just have a depo tomorrow that I'm ready for. Wednesday is going to be a pain in the ass, though.

BTW, how's Hank's golf game coming along? ;D

Ray Finkle
05-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Nah...I just have a depo tomorrow that I'm ready for. Wednesday is going to be a pain in the ass, though.

BTW, how's Hank's golf game coming along? ;D

Golf is good...MAF will soon be his caddy...bitch!

SJ Bronco
05-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Your lucky we had Hejduk, Jones and Mueller out..otherwise we'd all be talking about how the Sharks choked again!!

I don't think so, i mean, you take away the freak goals and we win the series 4-1, maybe even 4-0. Sharks played badly in the last month, It showed in the first round, but as you saw the last 2 games, they were just better, and thats with the big 3 not producing. You see how the wings don't match up.

Killericon
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I just want to say that the play that the Hawks scored the GWG on was amazing, and Versteeg is awesome.

That's all.

SoCalBronco
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I just want to say that the play that the Hawks scored the GWG on was amazing, and Versteeg is awesome.

That's all.

If you guys didn't win that game, it would have been all over.

SoCalBronco
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Game 3: PIT 2 MTL 0. (Geno PP goal, Dupuis with an EN goal).

Geno and Flower got alot of **** for playing some mediocre hockey, but they really came up big tonight. It's about time these guys showed up. Very nice effort....this was the ultimate grit it out win. Flower didn't face a ton of shots, but he still had to make a number of difficult saves. I think this was his first shutout of the season. Halak was a beast yet again, but they were able to get one past him, this time.

PIT up 2-1 in the series. Big road win.

BTW, Staal did some light non contact skating today just a few days after his surgery. Looks like he will be able to come back if the Pens can advance to the next round.

Nice job, boys.

SouthStndJunkie
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
San Jose wins in OT to take a 3-0 lead in the series over Detroit.

There is no excuse for the Wings blowing this game like they did.

SoCalBronco
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Marleau wins it in OT....caps off a big comeback for the Sharks. SJ up 3-0 in the series.

Unless the Sharks pull off their biggest choke job yet..........the Wings are done.

Kid A
05-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd, lose in OT. Should be curtains for the Red Wings in the next game or two.

Props to the Sharks. Not only did they shrug off those "cursed" goals against the Avs, they've gotten better in every game since. Gutsy, clutch comeback to all but lock up their series tonight.

Smiling Assassin27
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Congrats to the Sharks, even thought it's not over quite yet. They've got a determination and intangible that makes them a legitimate threat for the Cup. They're just flat out better than the Wings from top to bottom, so no bitching about refs and dives and Bettman. Best of luck to them in the WCF.

As for the Wings, I can't agree with the panic of many fans in Motown. You can't win 'em all, and this team's spoiled us for the better part of 2 decades. They're a team that has a core of players that will make them a threat every year, which beats the hell out of the roller coaster that is Anaheim, Carolina, et al. They'll re-tool and put another quality product on the ice next year. Holland and Babs will keep a steady hand on this ship. The only question left: Who do Wings fan root for now?

Answer: Mikey Samuelsson and his band of merry canucks.

Hogan11
05-05-2010, 09:31 AM

You're loving every minute of it, ain't cha? You dirty bird fan you....

They may be in ICU, but they're not done yet!

SJ Bronco
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Congrats to the Sharks, even thought it's not over quite yet. They've got a determination and intangible that makes them a legitimate threat for the Cup. They're just flat out better than the Wings from top to bottom, so no b****ing about refs and dives and Bettman. Best of luck to them in the WCF.

As for the Wings, I can't agree with the panic of many fans in Motown. You can't win 'em all, and this team's spoiled us for the better part of 2 decades. They're a team that has a core of players that will make them a threat every year, which beats the hell out of the roller coaster that is Anaheim, Carolina, et al. They'll re-tool and put another quality product on the ice next year. Holland and Babs will keep a steady hand on this ship. The only question left: Who do Wings fan root for now?

I gotta agree. The wings fans lose so rarely they can't take this like a man. They still have an unfathomable amount of hardware. We just want one.

24champ
05-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats to the Sharks, even thought it's not over quite yet. They've got a determination and intangible that makes them a legitimate threat for the Cup. They're just flat out better than the Wings from top to bottom, so no b****ing about refs and dives and Bettman. Best of luck to them in the WCF.

I can't root for the Canucks and their whiney fan base. Literally the worst fan base I ever came across...and that's saying something.

I'm rooting for Hawks/Sharks.

Hogan11
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
The Flyers just went on life support

SoCalBronco
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Quick-healing Staal close to returning to Penguins’ lineup By Dave Stubbs, Montreal Gazette May 5, 2010 8:02 PM Comments (2)

MONTREAL — This is how distressed Pittsburgh Penguins centre Jordan Staal was last Friday night when he had his right foot accidentally sliced to the tendon by the skate blade of Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban:

“I went to the bench, looked down and it wasn’t looking good,” Staal said Wednesday. “So I went to the (dressing) room and took the skate off, knew it wasn’t just a cut, went straight to the hospital, had a little surgery, went home and had a good sleep.”

That would a thigh-slapper coming from anybody but one of the famously indestructible Staal brothers. For them, for Jordan in this case, having a sliced tendon repaired in emergency surgery was probably like using a styptic pencil on a shaving cut.

Wednesday afternoon, less than five days after being surgically repaired in a Pittsburgh hospital, Staal skated an entire optional practice of nearly an hour at the Bell Centre, in full equipment. This, a day after he pulled on a track suit and took the foot out for a game-day, morning-skate test drive.

Don’t be the least bit surprised to see the 21-year-old native of Thunder Bay, Ont., back in the Penguins lineup Thursday night.

His return would be a testament to the legendary Staal-family powers of resilience — brothers Eric and Marc are fellow NHLers who rarely miss a shift, much less a game.

And it would be a dose of bad news for the Canadiens, who hardly need a fortified opponent trailing this series 2-1.

“I feel good, we’ll see where it goes from here,” Staal said. “Our trainers and doctors did a great job. It felt really good out there today. A full practice is always a good sign.”

Staal missed Games 2 and 3 in this series, his first scratches for reason of injury in a four-season NHL career whose iron man streak ended at 358 games.

Even a scalpel has proven to be just a minor inconvenience.

“When you’re going on a table in a hospital, it’s never a good thing,” he said. “It’s something a lot of players have to deal with, but hopefully I can get through it faster than usual.”

You almost wanted to ask him, “What took you so long?”

Staal paused to consider what percentage he might grade his recovery: “I’m not very good in math,” he replied, grinning, adding that he’s prepared to play with some pain.

“It’s just one big blob down there,” he added, trying to put a finer point on the centre of discomfort. “It’s something I’ll have to work through.”

Staal was especially impressive Wednesday in a 4-on-4 Penguins scrimmage, played on a shortened rink. Several times, he burst through defensive coverage as though he were running on all cylinders.

Head coach Dan Bylsma came within a breath of declaring his rugged centreman a game-time decision for Thursday’s pivotal fourth game. That is, before he remembered to hit the playoff smokescreen button.

“We’ll see how he talks with the trainers today and how his foot reacts,” Bylsma said. “But judging by the end of his practice, I’m a lot more comfortable with how he was skating than when he first got out there.

“And if he can skate like that, there’s a possibility depending on how he is (this) morning that he could be . . . still could be day-to-day.”

Staal called his second-period, Game 1 injury “a little freak accident.”

The tongue of his right skate was sliced through by Subban’s blade, and team training and medical staff finally removed the boot by scissoring off the laces.

No, Staal joked, the skate is not on eBay.

“To be honest, I was using it today. It still has some miles on it,” he said, praising Penguins equipment manager Dana Heinze for a surgical repair that was as efficient if a little less sterile than that enjoyed by his foot.

This isn’t a player who enjoys the sidelines. So on Tuesday, Staal floated the idea of a light skate by the medicos, who “kinda shrugged and said, ‘Why not?’ ”

Staal said he’d hoped Wednesday to stay out on Bell Centre ice as long as he could, provided he didn’t feel a regression. That didn’t happen in his hour on the rink with a dozen teammates.

His skate has been fitted with a protective shield, a piece of armour favoured by more and more defencemen and other shotblockers who always are just one more point-blast from the clinic.

Bylsma was non-committal about a return tonight by veteran Bill Guerin, who missed Game 3 and didn’t skate Wednesday.

“I’m going to stay undisclosed with what Bill’s dealing with,” the coach said, suggesting Guerin might skate Thursday morning.

The return of Staal seems less mysterious.

Five days ago, word swept the playoff world that surgery had ended his season.

Bylsma denied it, revising the prognosis to “day-to-day.”

Many laughed at that, but Wednesday, it was Jordan Staal who was wearing the broadest smile.

Montreal Gazette

dstubbsthegazette.canwest.com

Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Quick+healing+Staal+close+returning+Penguins+lineu p/2991165/story.html#ixzz0n6wu7b2i

SouthStndJunkie
05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Johan Franzen with 4 first period goals for the Wings tonight.

'The Mule' awakens.

SoCalBronco
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
MTL 3 PIT 2

Lot's of missed oppurtunities. The Pens had a great chance to put the Habs in a hole and they couldn't get it done.

Series tied 2-2 going back to Pittsburgh.

http://www.ottawahondaclub.com/forum/Smileys/ohc/facepalm.gif

Rocket 7
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
MTL 3 PIT 2

Lot's of missed oppurtunities. The Pens had a great chance to put the Habs in a hole and they couldn't get it done.

Geno's failed break away with less than five minutes was crushing.

SoCalBronco
05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Geno's failed break away with less than five minutes was crushing.

Geno's been really bad at breakaways his whole career...........although that's certainly not an excuse for him. We really need Geno to play like he did in last year's postseason for the Pens to have a real chance at repeating. The team just isn't that consistent right now.......they haven't been all year.

Gotta win Game 5 at home. The Pens are 2-3 at home in the playoffs this year. We really have to turn that around.

Rocket 7
05-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Geno's been really bad at breakaways his whole career...........although that's certainly not an excuse for him. We really need Geno to play like he did in last year's postseason for the Pens to have a real chance at repeating. The team just isn't that consistent right now.......they haven't been all year.

Gotta win Game 5 at home. The Pens are 2-3 at home in the playoffs this year. We really have to turn that around.

Have too for sure. Possibility last game ever at the Igloo. But don't think it will be.

SouthStndJunkie
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Johan Franzen with 4 first period goals for the Wings tonight.

'The Mule' awakens.

They ended up giving Bertuzzi one of those goals....but 'The Mule' scored another one in the 3rd period.

7-1 Wings....nice to avoid the sweep....win the next one and we will have a series again.

Smiling Assassin27
05-07-2010, 08:22 AM
They ended up giving Bertuzzi one of those goals....but 'The Mule' scored another one in the 3rd period.

7-1 Wings....nice to avoid the sweep....win the next one and we will have a series again.

Good to see them not mail it in last night. Franzen and Bertuzzi seem to have some chemistry out there. That drop pass from Bert for Franzen was sweet.

Unfortunately, it's probably too little, too late. Still, thanks for giving the JLA crowd one last hurrah for this year.

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
The Flyers just went on life support

I've got tix for Monday night's game. I have a feeling that I'll be getting a refund from ticketmaster on those.

ElwayMD
05-07-2010, 02:19 PM
MTL 3 PIT 2

Still don't know how Crosby's shot on their final PP didn't go in. Thought it was a sure goal. Pens seemed to be just a second late on so many rebounds and the first goal Flower gave up shouldn't have happened. I smell a 7 game series here.

24champ
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Coyotes are in some trouble, even if they hammer out a deal. The Coyotes have lost money in every season since being in Phoenix. I can't see them lasting very long.

Looking forward to see the Nordiques or Jets back in the NHL. Or both, Florida is in trouble, Tampa Bay goes through new owners annually. Islanders still haven't been able to get approval for a new Arena.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/33/full/c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo.gif

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/vintage_collection/winnipeg_jets/away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

bronco militia
05-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Looking forward to see the Nordiques or Jets back in the NHL. Or both,

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/33/full/c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo.gif

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/vintage_collection/winnipeg_jets/away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

the avs are not in trouble

chadta
05-08-2010, 03:56 PM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

4th worst attendance in the league, sounds pretty bad to me, altho i dont think thats what champ was getting at, many other teams much worse then the avs that could be moved back to canada where people actually care about hockey.

and this is the real reason i wont buy anything NHL related, aslong as teams can waste away in places like phoenix, but i cant have a team here in hamilton ? when balsillie tried to buy the preds years ago he "presold season tickets" and had sold 14,000 in the first 24 hours for a team that didnt exsist.

the hockey hotbed of California can have 3 teams, but ontario canada where people actually care about the sport cant ?

screw you betman, the nhl wont get one penny from me until hes gone, and a team is inhamilton, the sens and sharks played the first 3 years in arenas that held less than 11,000 people while at that time a current building sat empty.

end rant

DHallblows
05-08-2010, 05:39 PM

4th worst attendance in the league, sounds pretty bad to me, altho i dont think thats what champ was getting at, many other teams much worse then the avs that could be moved back to canada where people actually care about hockey.

and this is the real reason i wont buy anything NHL related, aslong as teams can waste away in places like phoenix, but i cant have a team here in hamilton ? when balsillie tried to buy the preds years ago he "presold season tickets" and had sold 14,000 in the first 24 hours for a team that didnt exsist.

the hockey hotbed of California can have 3 teams, but ontario canada where people actually care about the sport cant ?

screw you betman, the nhl wont get one penny from me until hes gone, and a team is inhamilton, the sens and sharks played the first 3 years in arenas that held less than 11,000 people while at that time a current building sat empty.

end rant

I'm aware that this wasn't the point of your post, but the Avalanche have the record for consecutive sellouts with 487, ownership isn't worried about the fan base here. They went into this season with lower expectations than even the Broncos had last year and made the playoffs. Also our owner, Stan Kroenke, is currently trying to get majority ownership of Arsenal and is putting very little into the major teams he owns in Colorado, so fans are kinda pissed about that too. But I don't expect the same low attendance next year given the success of this year for the Avs.

And I completely agree with the rest of your post :thumbs:

bronco militia
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Also our owner, Stan Kroenke, is currently trying to get majority ownership of Arsenal and is putting very little into the major teams he owns in Colorado, so fans are kinda pissed about that too.

the nuggets are over the cap and the avs are right up against there's. ownership is not the problem for the nuggets and avs.

DHallblows
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
the nuggets are over the cap and the avs are right up against there's. ownership is not the problem for the nuggets and avs.

There's a reason that was like my third point. I know. But Stan putting so much time into teams not in Colorado can cause dissent from some fans is what I'm saying. But yes, he isn't short changing the Avs or Nuggets monetarily (he is for the Rapids, however but that's beside the point)

SoCalBronco
05-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Well....the Pens were able to hold on...2-1 to win Game 5.

The Habs are still frustrating the hell out of Sid, but Flower was on his game. This feels an awful lot like the 1996 ECF vs. Florida...hopefully it doesn't turn out like that did...but it feels alot like it. We're going to have to find a way to win that 4th game. MTL has been in this situation before....it will be tough to beat Halak, again. Gotta just grind that one more win out, somehow.

24champ
05-09-2010, 01:41 AM

Didn't say they were...but I do believe a team should be back in Quebec City.

24champ
05-09-2010, 01:52 AM

end rant

I agree...to an extent. Though if you want teams in Canada...it's got to come from the Eastern Conference. Take Atlanta, take Florida...whatever. Just that if the Western Conference loses teams to the Eastern Conference...it will make traveling much harder for the West and the Divisional re-alignment becomes a mess.

Killericon
05-09-2010, 02:07 AM
I agree...to an extent. Though if you want teams in Canada...it's got to come from the Eastern Conference. Take Atlanta, take Florida...whatever. Just that if the Western Conference loses teams to the Eastern Conference...it will make traveling much harder for the West and the Divisional re-alignment becomes a mess.

Agreed all round. I think Ontario could take another team, but I don't honestly think Winnipeg can.

24champ
05-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Agreed all round. I think Ontario could take another team, but I don't honestly think Winnipeg can.

I heard that Winnipeg's economy is a little different today than it was when the Jets moved Phoenix. Plus MTS Centre is expandable. Last but not least...Jets have a cool mascot.

http://www.curtiswalker.com/jets/images/benny.jpg

Then again, we forget retard Bettman runs the league, and anything that is a sound business plan, gets the fans in a frenzy etc. He will shut down asap. He's already made up rules as he goes on who can buy teams.

chadta
05-09-2010, 06:46 AM

i agree 100% its already a problem where you have detroit and columbus in the west ? they are in the friggin eastern time zone, detroits not such a big deal as they ahve established fans, but how do you expect columbus to gain fans when a fair number of games start at 10 pm, and no real rivals are within driving distance.

SJ Bronco
05-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Sharks are doing great. This town lives for them and they out draw every other sports team in the bay. Of course....have you seen the other sports teams in the bay? The A's and the Niners can't move to the south bay fast enough. They may leave a vapor trail.

ElwayMD
05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Well....the Pens were able to hold on...2-1 to win Game 5.

The Habs are still frustrating the hell out of Sid, but Flower was on his game. This feels an awful lot like the 1996 ECF vs. Florida...hopefully it doesn't turn out like that did...but it feels alot like it. We're going to have to find a way to win that 4th game. MTL has been in this situation before....it will be tough to beat Halak, again. Gotta just grind that one more win out, somehow.

I think game 6 will be decided by who gets on the board first. If flower lets one by and gives the home crowd something to scream about I think the Habs have a chance to win, but if the Pens can get an early tally and not have a huge letdown in the 3rd period like they did in game 4 then the Pens will enjoying a few days off before the next round. Unlike the Caps it seems the Pens are not as frustrated by Halak standing on his head and making every save known to man. They seem to stay within themselves and not shoot shots that are gimmie saves like the Caps did.

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
The stars have really aligned for me today.

Heading to the Bruins game tonight and there's a happy hour starting in my work at 4:00. Couldn't have planned it any better. My pre-game drinking budget just shrunk big-time.

fyi - If anyone's planning on watching the game, I'll be the drunk guy in the Tuukka Rask jersey getting tazered by the middle of the 2nd period.

SoCalBronco
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
PHI blanks BOS to extend the series to a 6th game.

The Pens fail to eliminate the pesky Habs despite a goal and an assist from Sid. It's going 7 just like the Washington series. As I said a few days ago...this just has the feel of the 96 Florida series......that's not a good sign. I wouldn't be surprised if the Canadiens pull it off, again. They're just playing with a ton of heart and grit this postseason.

chadta
05-11-2010, 05:50 PM
this is just so awesome i had to share it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GHkBoC4aMQ&feature=player_embedded

SoCalBronco
05-11-2010, 11:47 PM
CHI beats VAN in Game 6 to advance to the WCJ against SJ.

IMO...SJ and CHI are by far the best two teams remaining. We'll see tomorrow whether my Pens can finally vanquish the Habs or whether the Habs will pull off another upset. Just not impressed with PIT right now. They don't start out games well.....and are just not at an elite level of play. We'll see what happens in Game 7....I wouldn't be surprised with the result either way.

Killericon
05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
CHI beats VAN in Game 6 to advance to the WCJ against SJ.

IMO...SJ and CHI are by far the best two teams remaining. We'll see tomorrow whether my Pens can finally vanquish the Habs or whether the Habs will pull off another upset. Just not impressed with PIT right now. They don't start out games well.....and are just not at an elite level of play. We'll see what happens in Game 7....I wouldn't be surprised with the result either way.

KA-BOOM.

Man, being in Halifax is really interesting. Crosby is the Patron Saint of this city, but everyone's a Habs fan.

Anyways, you won the cup last year. No whining out of you.

24champ
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Rooting for the Hawks to win the Cup.

Killericon
05-12-2010, 12:36 AM

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/152946/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-profile.jpg

Approve.

chadta
05-12-2010, 06:13 AM

and thats the kiss of death

so i know one team that wont win the cup ROFL!

and they better not, cuz im still PISSED about the whole kane JVR thing

bronco militia
05-12-2010, 07:51 AM
OOOOOF...I just can't root for Coach Q.

go Sharks

Smiling Assassin27
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Coach Q is a liability in any series. Against McClellan, he's still 2nd best despite all his experience.

Nabby plays better than Niemi and the Sharks win it in 6.

phillybroncosnut
05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Buh bye Cindy.... nice showing sista..... I wont say a word about my boys YET.... Its not official YET.... God what a heartbreaker it would be to come all the way back only to come up short in game 7.... I'm proud the way they battled no matter what though, especially through all the friggin injuries.
Go Flyers

Killericon
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Coach Q is a liability in any series. Against McClellan, he's still 2nd best despite all his experience.

Nabby plays better than Niemi and the Sharks win it in 6.

Hasn't been the last two years.

SoCalBronco
05-13-2010, 12:33 AM
It's probably a good thing that I'm in San Pedro today for a 3 day conference...so I didn't get a chance to watch the game. What a disappointment.....although as I said earlier in this thread, I'm not surprised we lost the series (I would like to think we'd be a bit more competitive in Game 7, tho). MTL outcoached, outplayed and just had alot more heart than PIT. I've been saying for awhile that we were a very inconsistent team this year. The Pens were given a real nice oppurtunity with the top seeds falling, but they just couldn't take advantage. It's probably better this way....because I suspect we would have had a decent chance at beating BOS or PHI (better matchup than MTL), but I'm equally convinced we'd get absolutely dismembered in the Finals by SJ or CHI. If we're going to go down...I'd rather have it be now than in the Finals so close to the Cup. It's kind of like losing in the Super Bowl...its not fun.

It will be interesting to see how Shero improves this team. This is a very good team, but with really big problems at wing and on defense. The losses of Gill and Scuderi really hurt. They've got too many puckmovers and not enough real defensemen. I like Gogo and Tang, but they aren't a presence in their own end. McKee was supposed to fill this void but he's not quite the guy he was 5 years ago. There are certain guys I'm willing to tolerate as liabilities in their own end....most notably Sarge. They have to re-sign him. He makes the PP go. I think the team's winning percentage in the last few years when he isn't in the lineup is like .400 or so. They need to find some help for Sid and Geno. Part of the reason they weren't effective this round was because they have no help at all. The two Ukrainians have been dragging Geno down for awhile, now. I don't want to see either of them on the team next year. Kunitz is the only halfway decent guy Sid's played with this year.....altho Dupuis had a nice year....he's not a first or second line player normally, tho. Tangradi needs to be ready to be a credible threat next year in the NHL. They need to get someone else, too. I'm impressed with what Letestu showed when he was brought up. He might man the 4th line center spot next year and they can move Talbot to wing on the 2nd line....he has great chemistry with Geno. I'm going to write this year as simply an off year for Flower. He's proven himself.....he just wasn't awesome this year, but I'm still confident in him.

Much props to MTL. I'm really impressed with Subban (and obviously Halak). Watch out 24....that kid might steal a Norris or two from your boy in the future. Hey Hogan.........who would have thought a week ago that you guys would last longer than we would in the playoffs? Gotta love the unpredictability of the Stanley Cup playoffs :).

We'll be back strong next year. The guys have accomplished so much the last few years, I think we kind of just expected to be back in the Finals again. You can't expect anything. Anyway....props to MTL. I look forward to watching the rest of the postseason as a neutral observer.

Kid A
05-13-2010, 08:28 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/935CFnTt-iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/935CFnTt-iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Smiling Assassin27
05-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Hasn't been the last two years.

yeah, he kinda has. while it wasn't the case last year, he's had many series where he's had the better talent and managed to choke it up. he has a track record, and a trail of underachievement and playoff failures is where that track leads thus far.

he's got the better talent in ANY game he plays this year, so anything short of a cup in chi-town is not acceptable, IMO.

chadta
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Much props to MTL. I'm really impressed with Subban (and obviously Halak). Watch out 24....that kid might steal a Norris or two from your boy in the future.

i LOVE subban, but its cuz on easter weekend when my boy played during the intermission at the bulldogs game, he was the only player to come over and say hi to all the kids as they waited to go on the ice, my boy still points him out everytime he sees him on the ice, " dad thats the guy that said hi to me" hes a class act.

Killericon
05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
yeah, he kinda has. while it wasn't the case last year, he's had many series where he's had the better talent and managed to choke it up. he has a track record, and a trail of underachievement and playoff failures is where that track leads thus far.

he's got the better talent in ANY game he plays this year, so anything short of a cup in chi-town is not acceptable, IMO.

Actually, he's only had one series loss the past two years.

Also, if there's any team I don't feel bad losing to in talent terms, it's the Sharks. Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Boyle, Vlasic, Nabokov...They're older, but I think they're just as talented as Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Campbell, Keith and Niemi.

24champ
05-13-2010, 12:57 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/935CFnTt-iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/935CFnTt-iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://i39.tinypic.com/av4n86.gif

24champ
05-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Actually, he's only had one series loss the past two years.

Also, if there's any team I don't feel bad losing to in talent terms, it's the Sharks. Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Boyle, Vlasic, Nabokov...They're older, but I think they're just as talented as Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Campbell, Keith and Niemi.

I think the Hawks have more firepower than the Sharks, but the one thing that can hold you back is the goaltending...Nabby is definitely the better goaltender over what the Hawks have in Niemi.

Killericon
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I think the Hawks have more firepower than the Sharks, but the one thing that can hold you back is the goaltending...Nabby is definitely the better goaltender over what the Hawks have in Niemi.

I'd pick the Sharks' forwards corps over the Hawks'(In a series, not long term), the Hawks' defense corps over the Sharks', and Nabby over Niemi.

It's close with the forwards...At ANY rate, the talent is close. Really close. It's gonna be a good series, and if the Hawks lose, I don't think it'll be Coach Q's fault.

Hogan11
05-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Hogan.........who would have thought a week ago that you guys would last longer than we would in the playoffs? Gotta love the unpredictability of the Stanley Cup playoffs :)

When they were down 3-0 to Boston, yeah, I thought they were done.

Coming back from that deficit has impressed even Flyer haters, I'm now cautiously optimistic....especially now that Boucher is no longer in goal (I just couldn't believe in that guy).

The jinx is in however, since I saw somewhere that the Flyers are already selling tickets for the next round. That's the kiss of death, hope to God I'm wrong. GO FLYERS

Baba Booey
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Damn Flyers. At least you're making me feel better about the Devils' first round loss. And I go to school at UNH, so please shut all the Bruins bandwagon fans the hell up.

Devils signed their 2008 and 2009 first rounders, Mattias Tedenby and Jacob Josefson, to three year entry level deals today. Tedenby has been compared to Marty St. Louis and Josefson is seen as a cross between Backstrom and Madden.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Damn Flyers. At least you're making me feel better about the Devils' first round loss.

and the Habs advancing does the same for the Caps. However I'm guessing that since the Pens did not kill Montreal, the Pens getting bounced will be used a reason to not make some changes to the Caps, i.e. new coach.

chadta
05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
LETS GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

an hogan, the tickets thing is cool, the problem now is millbury picked us to win, thats the kiss of death.

Hogan11
05-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Holy shat...Can you believe it?

First time in 35 years a team came back from a three game deficit to win the series. They trailed by three goals and still come back to win game 7 4-3....

I'm stunned really, but not enough not to say.....bring on the Habs ;D

SoCalBronco
05-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Not only did the Flyers come back to advance to the ECF from down 3-0 in the series....they came back from being down 3-0 in Game 7.

No matter your team, you gotta give PHI credit for doing the unthinkable. It takes a TON of effort to pull off what they just did. Congrats to the Flyer fans on this forum...philly, hogan, chadta, etc. What a game and series.

EASTERN FINAL
(8) MONTREAL V. (7) PHILADELPHIA

I cannot EVER remember a Conference Final in any sport featuring 7 vs. 8. These two teams have shown alot of heart in the playoffs. Will be an interesting series.

WESTERN FINAL
(2) CHICAGO V. (1) SAN JOSE
The exact flip side of the East. Alot of people will automatically crown the Western Conference champ the Stanley Cup Champ but you can never make any assumptions in the playoffs...esp. this year.

Hogan11
05-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Not only did the Flyers come back to advance to the ECF from down 3-0 in the series....they came back from being down 3-0 in Game 7.

No matter your team, you gotta give PHI credit for doing the unthinkable. It takes a TON of effort to pull off what they just did. Congrats to the Flyer fans on this forum...philly, hogan, chadta, etc. What a game and series.

EASTERN FINAL
(8) MONTREAL V. (7) PHILADELPHIA

I cannot EVER remember a Conference Final in any sport featuring 7 vs. 8. These two teams have shown alot of heart in the playoffs. Will be an interesting series.

WESTERN FINAL
(2) CHICAGO V. (1) SAN JOSE
The exact flip side of the East. Alot of people will automatically crown the Western Conference champ the Stanley Cup Champ but you can never make any assumptions in the playoffs...esp. this year.

As classy as ever SoCal.....so what's your feeling on the Eastern Final Series?
Goin' with the Habs?

SoCalBronco
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
As classy as ever SoCal.....so what's your feeling on the Eastern Final Series?
Goin' with the Habs?

I really have no idea. MTL has a large advantage in goal. Halak is an absolute beast. However, PHI is kind of a different animal than WSH or PIT. MTL loves to play the trap and frustrate high skilled run and gun type teams that have a problem playing a dump and chase physical game....but PHI is not the type of team that is afraid to play that type of game. PHI has to outmuscle guys in front of the net, because MTL loves to collapse around their goaltender in their own zone and block shots. If Philly can get in front of Halak and block his view or deflect some shots...that's how you score on teams like the Habs. MTL's forwards are nothing special...except for Cammalleri who is on an absolute roll right now. Pronger can probably erase him, since he hasn't really faced a true shutdown defenseman in the PIT or WSH series. Gomez and some of the others are ok....but their offense as a whole is not that scary. I don't see the Canadiens generating more than 20-25 shots on goal on Philadephia per game (on average) during this series.

PK Subban is a biatch to play against. He will give the Flyers some fits. He's going to be one of the very best defensemen in the game. I think they'll get Markov back in this series. Between Subban, Markov and Gill....I think the Flyers will have a tough time scoring goals....but it really comes down to which team can grit it out and score the ugly goals. This is going to be a low scoring series....PHI will have more shots on goal in this series because they have more talent and the way MTL plays.....we'll see if they can capitalize. MTL is an opponent that is frustrating to play and are very well coached by Jacques Martin. It should be a great series...will probably go 6 or 7.

I don't have a prediction.

FADERPROOF
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Congrats to Flyers fans! After the Cavs got beat by the Celtics last night, I was really pulling for Philly to take out the Boston team here.

Down 3-0 in the series, 3-0 in the game and still advances...unreal.

maher_tyler
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Congrats to Flyers fans! After the Cavs got beat by the Celtics last night, I was really pulling for Philly to take out the Boston team here.

Down 3-0 in the series, 3-0 in the game and still advances...unreal.

I think if i were a Bruins player or fan i would have to puke..literally!!

phillybroncosnut
05-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Speechless!!!! Utterly, FUGGIN SPEECHLESS... Last time I was this happy was when the Broncos won the SB. No Joke!

broncocalijohn
05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Speechless!!!! Utterly, FUGGIN SPEECHLESS... Last time I was this happy was when the Broncos won the SB. No Joke!

Well, you arent there yet, but not only an epic series but the game itself represented what happened in the series. I guess it isnt how well you do all season but to just make the playoffs and get hot. Montreal's goalie has been phenomenal and I see a tough battle. Hell, getting by NJ was tough to start these playoffs. Nice win and enjoy it. I am going with Chicago vs Montreal. Old School match up.

FADERPROOF
05-15-2010, 06:45 AM
I think if i were a Bruins player or fan i would have to puke..literally!!

Good, Boston deserves a big **** sandwich.

Hogan11
05-15-2010, 02:16 PM

That kind of comeback hasn't been seen in 35 years.....I think it's okay that Flyers fans are more than a bit elated on how it all went down.

I haven't seen a sports team show that much heart in a very long time.

maher_tyler
05-15-2010, 03:25 PM
That kind of comeback hasn't been seen in 35 years.....I think it's okay that Flyers fans are more than a bit elated on how it all went down.

I haven't seen a sports team show that much heart in a very long time.

Sox in 04'..down 3-0 to the Yankees!

Hogan11
05-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Sox in 04'..down 3-0 to the Yankees!

I guess I should've stated "a comeback by an NHL team"....still, 6 years is quite awhile.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Caps sign Backstrom to a 10-year extension today, $6.7M cap hit.

Fantastic deal.

Smiling Assassin27
05-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Yesterday's WCF game sold me. The Blackhawks' cycle game will utterly crush the Sharks late in games and virtually seals the Sharks' doom in a 6-7 game series. If the Sharks can't close the deal in the next four, it's curtains, IMO, especially if Niemi continues his Jiggy-like antics.

An eye opener, to say the least.

chadta
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
woooooooohoooooooooo, probally our worst game of the playoffs, but still good enough to win 3-0

Kid A
05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Blackhawks have SJ by the throat now. Wasn't sure about them given the rough ending to the season and an uninspiring series against Nashville, but they've kicked into to another gear big time the last 5 or so games. Look out.

Hogan11
05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
woooooooohoooooooooo, probally our worst game of the playoffs, but still good enough to win 3-0

Expect a lot of Flyers hate if they take out the Habs....especially if the Blackhawks get in.

chadta
05-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Expect a lot of Flyers hate if they take out the Habs....especially if the Blackhawks get in.

i live in canada, and were playing the habs, ive been getting nothing but hate, id have it no other way, FTW GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baba Booey
05-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Flyers have the Habs on the ropes.

Damnit Jersey, why couldn't you man up and not play like pansies?

Hogan11
05-19-2010, 08:03 AM
i live in canada, and were playing the habs, ive been getting nothing but hate, id have it no other way, FTW GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you are. I can only imagine it.

Orange & Black against the world, my friend....same as it ever was.

Hogan11
05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Habs came to play tonight for a change.

24champ
05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Kings Assistant Coach Hardy, was arrested in DC for felony sexual assault. It is presumed that it is his daughter (21 yo) that is the victim.

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- L.A. Kings assistant coach and former player Mark Hardy was arrested in Washington, D.C., accused of sexually abusing a female relative.
Eyewitness News has confirmed Hardy's sexual assault charge was upgraded from a misdemeanor to a felony. He was taken into custody overnight at the Mayflower Hotel (http://search.abclocal.go.com/search/results?station=kabc&search=siteSearch&q=Mayflower+Hotel). Police said the complaint came from a woman in her 20s who claimed to be a relative of Hardy's.
The woman said she and Hardy and several other people went to a bar to drink. They walked back to hotel, and she said she went into the bathroom to change into a T-shirt and shorts to go to bed. At some point, she says he got in bed with her, and she woke up.
There was apparently enough evidence to arrest him.
Hardy had a 15-year NHL playing career, which included two stints as a Kings defenseman. He was a member of the Kings team that advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1993. He returned to the Kings as an assistant coach in August 2008.
Hardy and his wife live in Manhattan Beach.
In a statement, the Kings organization said, "We are aware of the charge. Due to the legal nature of this matter, we will not have any additional comments at this time."
Hardy is set to be arraigned Friday unless he posts bail.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/sports/pro/hockey&id=7454561

Hogan11
05-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Flyers go up 3 games to 1 and head back to Philly to close it all out! :thumbs:

80smith
05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Hawks win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24champ
05-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Hawks are 4 wins away. Just sayin'. ;D

Kid A
05-23-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5ggILhpu9lI2Veqs06T6LTeiW0dgg?size=l

Byfuglien has been kicking ass and taking names. GW goals in last two games of the series, and a goal in the other two as well.

80smith
05-23-2010, 06:43 PM
This is crazy....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=529948

CHICAGO -- The chicklets came pouring out of his mouth, and one even got stuck in the back of his throat. Duncan Keith lost seven teeth in all, three on the top and four on the bottom, when the puck came off Patrick Marleau's stick and hit him square in the mouth.

That was with 12:30 remaining in the second period of Sunday's series-clinching win over the San Jose Sharks. Seven minutes later, after some pronto dental work behind closed doors, Keith was back on the ice for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Wow.

It's just missing teeth," Keith said through his bloodied and swollen mouth. "It's a long way from the heart."

SoCalBronco
05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Chicago advances to the Finals...Philadelphia will probably do the same shortly. This should be a very entertaining SCF.

Is the third time a charm for Marian Hossa?

Or will Michael Leighton and the Flyers complete a remarkable playoff performance?

History will be made.

Hogan11
05-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Chicago advances to the Finals...Philadelphia will probably do the same shortly. This should be a very entertaining SCF.

Is the third time a charm for Marian Hossa?

Or will Michael Leighton and the Flyers complete a remarkable playoff performance?

History will be made.

Few will give the Flyers a chance. There's a lot of popular sentiment out there for the Blackhawks and a lot of hate for the Orange & Black....and that's okay.

Many people will cringe if Mike Richards gets handed the Cup and they really shouldn't because the performance this team has given in overcoming adversity this playoff series has been nothing short of epic.

That's if they make it that far, of course. ;)

Hogan11
05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Bring on the Hawks!!

SouthStndJunkie
05-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman will be named general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning at a 3 p.m. ET news conference Tuesday, two sources told ESPN.com.

Yzerman leaves the Detroit Red Wings, the only NHL team he's ever been with, both as the superstar captain and more recently as vice president.

The Lightning have been courting Yzerman heavily for at least two weeks, one source said.

Yzerman replaces Brian Lawton, who was fired last month.

Sassy
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Few will give the Flyers a chance. There's a lot of popular sentiment out there for the Blackhawks and a lot of hate for the Orange & Black....and that's okay.

Many people will cringe if Mike Richards gets handed the Cup and they really shouldn't because the performance this team has given in overcoming adversity this playoff series has been nothing short of epic.

That's if they make it that far, of course. ;)

Why?

Smiling Assassin27
05-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Always cool to see an Original Six team playing for the Cup, but not cool enough to root for 'em...lol.

This Cup Final is akin to a Cowboys-Raiders Super Bowl for me. One word: Yucko. At any rate, a team that comes back from a 3-0 hole has proven itself to me. Go Fly...nah, can't bring myself to do it. ;)

bronco militia
05-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Always cool to see an Original Six team playing for the Cup, but not cool enough to root for 'em...lol.

This Cup Final is akin to a Cowboys-Raiders Super Bowl for me. One word: Yucko. At any rate, a team that comes back from a 3-0 hole has proven itself to me. Go Fly...nah, can't bring myself to do it. ;)

:giggle:

can we call for an airstrike?

Hogan11
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Why?

Because the Flyers are one of the most polarizing teams in professional sports. You're either a fan of them or you hate them...there's no middle ground.

For example, check out this bit of whining from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Let me toss out a few reasons why it would be so hard to see the Flyers win it all:

The Broad Street Bullies. 0-39-3. Flyers fans. "Crosby [stinks]!" Hartnell. Daniel Carcillo ...

Did I mention Flyers fans?

The fortunes of the Penguins and Flyers have changed greatly since the Penguins ended 15 years of misery and that 0-39-3 streak against the Flyers early in 1989. The Penguins have won three Cups since then, the Flyers none. Somehow, the Penguins' Cup last season seemed better because they smacked down the Flyers in six games in the first round. Heck, their loss to the Red Wings in the Cup final the year before didn't seem so painful because they had eliminated the Flyers in five in the Eastern Conference final.

But, though the teams have changed, Flyers fans never change. They were rude and crude in the '70s. They're still rude and crude today.

"Crosby [stinks]!"

There has to be a reason that vile chant repeatedly vibrates through the Wachovia Center every time the Penguins play in Philadelphia. It can't just be because the fans think Penguins star Sidney Crosby is a whiner. All he ever did there was have the nerve to complain to the referees about Flyers defenseman Derian Hatcher using his stick to carve up his lip and knock out three of his teeth during his rookie year.

It has to be more than that. Flyers fanatics have to be jealous that the great Crosby doesn't play for their team. They'll always be jealous about not having him.

Do you really want to see those people celebrate as Hartnell and Carcillo hoist the Cup?

I didn't think so.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10145/1060579-61.stm#ixzz0p4ZJW5Sq

:giggle::~ohyah!:Ha!

80smith
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
The evolution of Chief Black Hawk

The face of the Blackhawks franchise isn't Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews or Dustin Byfuglien. The honor belongs to one of the most recognizable mugs in all of sports, a ruddy Native American profile replete with war paint and sporting feathers.

http://www.suntimes.com/business/2318802,CST-NWS-hawkslogo26.article

Figure a little history would be nice this time of year...

phillybroncosnut
05-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Hog.... embrase the hate and disrespect. Truth be told, if the Broncos had half the heart of this Flyers team, many here would scratch their head at the thought of anyone disrespecting or hating the Broncos.
They are all still salty that our team dominated, not just their team, but the entire world in the 70's. The flyers are just too tough for their meek hearts
Embrase the hate... I love it

phillybroncosnut
05-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Where is Killericon anyway? He's the only Hawks fan I know of on this board. I wanna send over a good luck to him.

strafen
05-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Where is Killericon anyway? He's the only Hawks fan I know of on this board. I wanna send over a good luck to him.

Chicago looked strong. I would think they're going in as the favorites to win it all, no?

Kid A
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
The evolution of Chief Black Hawk

The face of the Blackhawks franchise isn't Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews or Dustin Byfuglien. The honor belongs to one of the most recognizable mugs in all of sports, a ruddy Native American profile replete with war paint and sporting feathers.

http://www.suntimes.com/business/2318802,CST-NWS-hawkslogo26.article

Figure a little history would be nice this time of year...

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Content/Image/01-29-2008/Commit-To-The-Indian.jpg

phillybroncosnut
05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Chicago looked strong. I would think they're going in as the favorites to win it all, no?

By far they are the favorite... i wouldnt have it any other way. the Flyers havent been a favorite in ANY of the 3 series they've won so far, including the eastern conference where they had the higher seed and home ice.
The Flyers flourish in this role. We'll see if the trend continues.
Last I heard, the hawks were -$275..... Im close to taking the Flyers in 6 whick pays 8-1.... And the money line... $1000 each bet

chadta
05-28-2010, 03:09 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5489/chipg.jpg

Hogan11
05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Hog.... embrase the hate and disrespect. Truth be told, if the Broncos had half the heart of this Flyers team, many here would scratch their head at the thought of anyone disrespecting or hating the Broncos.
They are all still salty that our team dominated, not just their team, but the entire world in the 70's. The flyers are just too tough for their meek hearts
Embrase the hate... I love it

Oh I know and have embraced it totally.

BTW, saw some of the cell phone vids of yours via Sass from the series winner over the Habs, wish I could've been there for that :thumbsup:

Orange and black against the world my friend, tomorrow it all begins.

Killericon
05-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Well thanks, sir. Same to you.

This is going to be a great series, and despite Chris Pronger, I quite like the Flyers. Both teams are so balanced, through and through. I'm just excited as hell about this.

Hogan11
05-28-2010, 06:35 PM

This is going to be a great series, and despite Chris Pronger, I quite like the Flyers. Both teams are so balanced, through and through. I'm just excited as hell about this.

I'll wish you luck as well as I have no real beef with the Blackhawks other than them being in the way right now.

chadta
05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll wish you luck as well as I have no real beef with the Blackhawks other than them being in the way right now.

kinda this

im still bothered by the whole kane JVR thing, its just a bitter reminder of the year we were so bad we couldnt even win the draft lottery

phillybroncosnut
05-29-2010, 01:12 PM

I agree... I dont hate any Hawks player (YET, lol).... I think it's great Philly and Chicago. New blood. Its so friggin ironic that we are facing off after the entire Kane/JVR debacle.... I'm hoping you guys won that battle and we will win the war. Either way, I totally agree, should be a terrific if not epic series. I'm just shocked at how vegas has made the Hawks the overwhelming favorite.
Lets see how this goes. The banter between us should be fun as well... I will forewarn though, You will be the ONLY Hawks fan I'll give my props to if the Hawks win. I can see Flyers haters coming outta the woodwork shouk Chicago win this series.
Good luck my friend, just not more then us. :strong:

phillybroncosnut
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
BTW.... can we have patrick Sharp back?

Hogan11
05-29-2010, 08:02 PM
A real scorefest going on in game one, all tied up @ 5 after 2 periods

chadta
05-29-2010, 08:06 PM
what an ugly game, i feel better about our chances now that leighton is out tho, he just didnt seem to have it tonight

SoCalBronco
05-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Goaltending is absolute garbage so far.

Hogan11
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
what an ugly game, i feel better about our chances now that leighton is out tho, he just didnt seem to have it tonight

I agree reluctantly....mainly because my belief in Boucher has always been a bit shakey.

80smith
05-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Goaltending is absolute garbage so far.

nerves?

80smith
05-29-2010, 08:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzHqNVgMkCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzHqNVgMkCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncosteven
05-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Puck handling by the Hawks was as bad as I have seen since they played Nashville. Now that they have a win under their belt I think they will settle down and get this done.

That breakaway was a thing of beauty as was the centering pass by keith (?) to Versteeg.

Hogan11
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM
That was a rough loss, when you score 5 freakin goals and still come up short....

**** it, they've been down by a lot more before, no need to panic just yet.

phillybroncosnut
05-30-2010, 12:03 AM
That was a rough loss, when you score 5 freakin goals and still come up short....

**** it, they've been down by a lot more before, no need to panic just yet.

all good bro.... I refuse to blame leighton though. You cant leave guys all alone in the slot, all night for one timers and expect your goalie to make save. I dont care who it is.
If anything, Boush let in a "you Can NOT let that happen" goal. He can not give up the shortside on that goal. First off, it's a left handed shot, deep down the left wing. It was impossible to get the puck on net far side and yet, he gave him a foot shortside. Cant happen.
The Flyers have to do a better job cleaning up the garbage in front, and getting a body on the man with the puck. Center has to cover slot, I dont care what else is going on.

I think the Flyers showed what Flyers fans already know. They are for real. Chicago better not get caught up in their press clippings

Hogan11
05-30-2010, 12:10 AM
all good bro.... I refuse to blame leighton though. You cant leave guys all alone in the slot, all night for one timers and expect your goalie to make save. I dont care who it is.
If anything, Boush let in a "you Can NOT let that happen" goal. He can not give up the shortside on that goal. First off, it's a left handed shot, deep down the left wing. It was impossible to get the puck on net far side and yet, he gave him a foot shortside. Cant happen.
The Flyers have to do a better job cleaning up the garbage in front, and getting a body on the man with the puck. Center has to cover slot, I dont care what else is going on.

I think the Flyers showed what Flyers fans already know. They are for real. Chicago better not get caught up in their press clippings

It's exactly those type of goals that make me gringe everytime I see Boucher on the ice. The guy has always bothered me and I've never been sold on him.

Hopefully Leighton gets back to his recent form for game #2

phillybroncosnut
05-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I actually thought keights was gonna be in net for the 3rd period. no question in my mind that Coach was saying "wake the eff up" to the D and backchecking and not a knock on Leights.

SoCalBronco
05-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Both goalies showed up this time. Chicago went into a shell with a 1 goal lead for the second straight game and was able to fight off the Flyers bringing it for the last 10 minutes of the game. CHI 2 PHI 1.

Chicago up 2-0 in the series. The Flyers are great at home and will need to win the next two, but the Hawks are 7-1 on the road in the postseason.

phillybroncosnut
05-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Chicago held serve. We have to do the same. I'm a little dissappointed the farking Ref lost sight of the puck, not once but twice and decided to blow the whistle on both. The first one stayed out, the second time we tied the game at 2 (except the ref blew it).

Like I thought, this is a very even series. PPl talked Chicago up so much but this series is very even. 2 weak goals were the game winners in both games. Thats the difference right now.
Flyers have to hold serve... Chicago did their job

chadta
06-01-2010, 05:12 AM
2 weak goals were the game winners in both games. Thats the difference right now.

thats something as flyer fans weve never heard before now isnt it :oyvey:

Hogan11
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Gotta tie it up tonight, GO FLYERS!!!

FADERPROOF
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
3-1 Flyers after 1st period.

Kid A
06-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Are they going to credit Hjalmarsson with two Flyer assists? Good god.

chadta
06-04-2010, 09:28 PM
wooooooohoooooooo

keep it up guys

i almost missed thelast minute cuz of a damn thunderstrom, friggin cable kept going out

80smith
06-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Did not see the game..... What went wrong?

Kid A
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM

First two Flyers goals came off Hjalmarsson turnovers right in front of the net.

Their third goal came with under a minute left in the 1st (right after the Blackhawks had gotten within one) when someone left Giroux completely alone in front of the net, allowing him to receive a pass and just dunk it in.

Their fourth goal came on a deflection off the back of a Blackhawks defensemen.

The fifth was empty net.

Overall some bad breaks paired with bad defense. Another strange game.

phillybroncosnut
06-04-2010, 11:56 PM

Awesome fan!

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 12:45 AM

Leighton let the Blackhawks come back from 3 goals down to nearly tie up the game at the end. That's what went wrong.

Hogan11
06-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Awesome fan!

:spit:

Baba Booey
06-05-2010, 12:55 AM
****in flyers jesus christ

Sassy
06-05-2010, 01:17 AM
****in flyers jesus christ

Love it!

Killericon
06-05-2010, 02:00 AM
/Sigh

This should be exciting, at the very least.

phillybroncosnut
06-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Killer... aint over bro.... Im not in the camp that whoever wins game 5 wins this series. Both teams have shown that they can definately win 2 in a row.

This is exactly how I saw this series going. I love the national media having to eat that chit sandwich the Flyers are serving. NO ONE gave them a chance and they are proving that they are one hell of a TEAM

80smith
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Awesome fan!

I am a fan! But more importantly i'm a father, and that comes first...:approve:

Killericon
06-06-2010, 05:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNn3k1KfOrs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNn3k1KfOrs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hercules Rockefeller
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Go Flyers

Kid A
06-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Hawks showed up tonight. Relentless attack so far.

broncosteven
06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
If the Hawks Win tonight they could win the cup on my Birthday Wednesday! Lets Go Hawks!

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I am a fan! But more importantly i'm a father, and that comes first...:approve:

Sorry... Been a Father for 9 years.... Unless you"re in the hospital, no excuse

SoCalBronco
06-06-2010, 08:12 PM

LMAO...Philly is hardcore.

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Really wishing Leighton woulda showed up and won a game in this series. He may have lost his job after tonights performance though

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
LMAO...Philly is hardcore.

Only way I know how to be bro... Broncos, Flyers, Phillies....

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 08:46 PM
On to Philly... 2 wins in 2 games isnt impossible, but, we dont BELONG here...

On a side note, Bobby Hull ate Rosie O'Donell

Killericon
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dah-dah-duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dah-doooh!!

SoCalBronco
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dah-dah-duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-dah-doooh!!

I'm tempted to start posting Youtube links to that goal song after every epic Mock post.

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM

Enjoy brah... You deserve it after that game. Still gotta win 4 though. Been a greta series thus far. Heres to a game 7:thumbsup:

phillybroncosnut
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm tempted to start posting Youtube links to that goal song after every epic Mock post.

That song BLOWS

broncosteven
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
1 more win!

80smith
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM

You are a better man than me.....

chadta
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
You are a better man than me.....

hes a flyer fan, that sorta goes without sayin

chadta
06-06-2010, 09:16 PM

my kids watch the games with me, sons on the right path, hes a flyer fan, i screwed up with my daughter tho, shes a pens fan, altho she LOVES scott hartnell, i think she just likes him cuz i been bitchin about him stinkin all year, which oddly enough is why she likes the pens, she heard me callen cindy cindy, so she thought a girl played on the team. I swear shes just trying to be the opposite of me.

SoCalBronco
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
my kids watch the games with me, sons on the right path, hes a flyer fan, i screwed up with my daughter tho, shes a pens fan, altho she LOVES scott hartnell, i think she just likes him cuz i been b****in about him stinkin all year, which oddly enough is why she likes the pens, she heard me callen cindy cindy, so she thought a girl played on the team. I swear shes just trying to be the opposite of me.

Haha....your daughter is awesome!

She has good taste.

:)

chadta
06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Haha....your daughter is awesome!

She has good taste.

:)

i dunno about her taste, but she is pretty awesome.

it was painful to stop in pittsburg on the way home from myrtle beach last year and actually buy her a penguins jersey.

Killericon
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Enjoy brah... You deserve it after that game. Still gotta win 4 though. Been a greta series thus far. Heres to a game 7:thumbsup:

I don't care how long the series goes, just so long as it ends the right way. ;)

Also, yeah, it's been great. My dad was saying he hasn't seen a finals this good in forever(I think the Wings/Penguins were great both times, and the Lightning/Flames one was good too, but it's certainly been amazing).

80smith
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
This message is hidden because chadta is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

I bet Chadta is pissed he is on my ignore list! He and his flyers are now not getting the national attention that they deserve... :thumbs:

Anywho... The Hawks scored 6 goals against 2 different goalies, that kind of makes you feel good does it not? It should be a good game Wednesday But I fear it will go all 7 games.

Hogan11
06-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Really wishing Leighton woulda showed up and won a game in this series. He may have lost his job after tonights performance though

Just abysmal goaltending.....no excuses for it because there are none.

Onto game 6 at home.

Hogan11
06-06-2010, 09:49 PM
my kids watch the games with me, sons on the right path, hes a flyer fan, i screwed up with my daughter tho, shes a pens fan, altho she LOVES scott hartnell, i think she just likes him cuz i been b****in about him stinkin all year, which oddly enough is why she likes the pens, she heard me callen cindy cindy, so she thought a girl played on the team. I swear shes just trying to be the opposite of me.

Most kids do that for some reason....that's why there are so many young Red Sox fans where I'm at, too many Yankee parents.

chadta
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
oh no im being ignored by somebody who discovered hockey 2 weeks ago

what so ever shall i do

Killericon
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
oh no im being ignored by somebody who discovered hockey 2 weeks ago

what so ever shall i do

Not all of us are bandwagon hoppers, you know.