PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread 2009/2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Baba Booey
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I would have Crosby, Ovechkin plays a style of hockey that is great to watch but will wear him down much quicker than Crosby. Crosby should be able to play very well to his mid 30s, I doubt Ovechkin will be much more than a 50 point a year guy when he reaches 32, if he makes it that far. He will get injured more and he will take more stupid penalties.

Besides that, centers win championships, wingers win scoring titles.

That's a pretty outrageous statement. I'm willing to bet Ovechkin will still be scoring 40+ goals when he's 32.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Crosby should be able to play very well to his mid 30s, I doubt Ovechkin will be much more than a 50 point a year guy when he reaches 32, if he makes it that far. He will get injured more and he will take more stupid penalties.

Aaaahhhhh, you realize that this will be the first season of their careers that Crosby will have played more games than Ovechkin?

If he plays Sunday, Ovechkin will have missed 15 games in his career. 2 when his grandfather died last year and he went to Russia, 3 through suspension this year, and 10 through injury over 5 seasons.

Crosby has missed 40 games in his career, he's never been suspended or missed a game for personal reasons AFAIK.

gyldenlove
04-09-2010, 07:10 PM
That's a pretty outrageous statement. I'm willing to bet Ovechkin will still be scoring 40+ goals when he's 32.

How many power forward wings are scoring 40 goals after they hit 32? Brendan Shanahan is the only one I can think of who did at like 34, but otherwise struggled to be much more than a 0.6 point per game player after he hit 32. If you want wingers who continue to produce look at guys like Robitaille and Hull who didn't play a traditional power forward type game.

Compare that to Steve Yzerman who was a point per game player well into his mid 30s, Ron Francis put up nearly a point per game until he was 38.

gyldenlove
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Aaaahhhhh, you realize that this will be the first season of their careers that Crosby will have played more games than Ovechkin?

If he plays Sunday, Ovechkin will have missed 15 games in his career. 2 when his grandfather died last year and he went to Russia, 3 through suspension this year, and 10 through injury over 5 seasons.

Crosby has missed 40 games in his career, he's never been suspended or missed a game for personal reasons AFAIK.

That will change.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Between that goal being taken away (I still have not seen an angle in which the puck hits Guerin...only the Isles defender) and Bylsma being stupid enough to keep the goaltender off the ice with just a few seconds left and down by two goals against Washington....Sid is probably going to end up a little bit short. Ovie had another killer evening..2 more. That means Sid has to score at least another 2 goals to win it...and even that would assume that Ovie doesn't get any in his season finale. It's certainly possible, given that Sid plays the Islanders (again) and the Thrashers, but it will take some nice bounces.

Whether he gets it or not....he's done a really remarkable job improving that aspect of his game.

Baba Booey
04-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Devils clinch Atlantic

Baba Booey
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLqpw_uKyds&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Ouch

Hercules Rockefeller
04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Great, the Pens are the #4 seed, setting up a 2nd round matchup with the Caps if they both advance.

Yeah, just awesome, another Caps-Pens playoff series.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Going into the final day of the regular season:

Richard- Ovechkin and Stampkos @50, and Crosby @49, all 3 have games tomorrow.

Art Ross- Henrik Sedin sits @112 and Ovechkin is @109, the Canucks are done.

24champ
04-11-2010, 12:51 AM
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLqpw_uKyds&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Ouch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SCniY6UWwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SCniY6UWwI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://cdn.nhl.com/thrashers/images/upload/2010/04/kaneKO_041110.jpg

chadta
04-11-2010, 03:58 AM
nice comeback by the kings yesterday champ, almost pulled it off

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Going into the final day of the regular season:

Richard- Ovechkin and Stampkos @50, and Crosby @49, all 3 have games tomorrow.

Art Ross- Henrik Sedin sits @112 and Ovechkin is @109, the Canucks are done.

Looks like Ovie didn't get on the board, today. So Crosby needs a goal to get a share of the Richard (I misspoke earlier when I said there was a tiebreaker...there is no tiebreaker) and Stamkos has to get nothing...or if Sid can get 2, he can win it outright, if Stamkos gets nothing.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Great, the Pens are the #4 seed, setting up a 2nd round matchup with the Caps if they both advance.

Yeah, just awesome, another Caps-Pens playoff series.

I can see the sarcasm dripping from this post. Actually, you should be happy...I think this is the year that you guys overcome the curse. There's really no other factor out there that is in the Pens favor besides that in this potential matchup. IMO, WSH 4 PIT 2...if PIT advances past OTT. I think OTT could pull an upset off, but I think the Penguins will slip past the Sens because Kovalev is out.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Rags ahead of the Flyers 1-0 so far...if the Rags can win this game and get in...it would be a nice achievement for Ray Finkle's young team. I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Flyers get left out. I'm rooting for the Rags to win (don't tell Ray Finkle though) :).

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I want to play Montreal in the first round, which I believe will happen if the Rangers win and we beat Buffalo.

Killericon
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pouH3J-iQQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pouH3J-iQQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Too classy. Good on the Stars and the Wild for making it happen, too.

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Flyers tie it.

It should really by 3-1 Flyers or so. Lundqvist is getting bailed out by the iron left and right.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Sid with point # 105 with an assist on Geno's goal early in the 1st period.

EDIT: Sid with point 106 assisting on Godard's goal. Never thought I'd see Godard score a goal..lmao.

Come on...get Sid a goal. By the looks of it, they are going to slaughter the Islanders....Sid should have his chances.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Crosby scores!! That's 50. Three way tie for the Richard right now.

Sid with 3 points and the first period isn't over yet. 5 more for the Art Ross. Seriously, the Islanders just might hand him the Art Ross given how horrible they are playing.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Flyers beat the Rags in the shootout and will advance to the postseason.

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenriiiiiiiiiiiiiik

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Sid with # 51. Now in the lead for the Richard over Stamkos...early in the 2nd period. Sid with 2 goals and 2 assists today. 4 points away from the Art Ross. This is nuts.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
LMAO..classic comment from Bob Errey...complaining that Geno's constant penalties are going to make it impossible for Sid to get 8 points in this game.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Sid with another point...assisting on Geno's second goal.

That's 2 goals and 3 assists for Sid today. Tied with Ovechkin in points at 109. 3 away from stealing the Art Ross from Sedin. Still ahead of Stamkos by 1 on the Richard.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Stamkos with 51 on the EN. Sid and Stamkos will share the Richard unless Sid adds another. Either way...we can proudly call Sidney Crosby the Rocket Richard winner. Props to Stamkos for being this much of a stud in his 2nd year.

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 04:39 PM
CHICAGO -- A point away from finishing first in the Western Conference, the Chicago Blackhawks were turned away by their biggest rival.

Brad Stuart scored at 3:11 of overtime Sunday and the surging Detroit Red Wings won 3-2 to deny Chicago the conference title that went instead to San Jose. The Blackhawks finished second and will meet Nashville in the first round of the playoffs.

The Red Wings locked up the No. 5 seed and will play Phoenix in the opening round. Detroit is 16-3-2 since the Olympic break and finished 13-1-2 over the final 16 games.

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Devils-Flyers in the first round.

Bloodbath.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Devils-Flyers in the first round.

Bloodbath.

NJ 4-2. Philly is physical, but NJ is too talented and has too much of a goaltender advantage for PHI to overcome.

24champ
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Was at the Avalanche game this afternoon, good win by the Kings.

Let's get this going...I am amped. Playoff Hockey is here!

http://nhl-playoff-tickets.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/las-angeles-kings-playoff-tickets.pngVS http://www.throwbackguy.com/images/van%20logo.png

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6KkvwHTNdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r6KkvwHTNdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
SoCal's Playoff Thoughts

EAST
(1) WSH vs. (8) MTL
Washington, 4-1. Halak had a good year, but he's just going to get overwhelmed. Montreal just does not have the firepower to stay with Washington.

(4) PIT vs. (5) OTT
Pittsburgh, 4-3. My Penguins are the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. The defense really took a hit this year without Gill and Scuderi. Gogo is not really ready for playoff hockey. Flower needs to take his game up a notch, but Sid and Geno should be good enough to win this series. Geno's parents are coming in for the playoffs and he played his best hockey last year when they were in attendance. He's going to have to have a big series, because Volchenkov and Phillips have done a good job shutting Sid down in the past. Geno really needs to work on committing less stupid penalties and turnovers. This series could really go either way, but Kovalev being out may put the champs over the top.

(2) NJ vs. (7) PHI
New Jersey, 4-2. I just don't see how Philly can win this series. They have been playing poorly lately. The difference in goaltending is massive and I don't think the Flyers can handle NJ's talented set of forwards. They'll grit out a couple wins, though.

(3) BUF vs. (6) BOS
Buffalo, 4-2. A really good goaltending matchup. This will probably be a really low scoring series, but Buffalo should hold on.
WEST

(1) SJ vs. (8) COL
San Jose, 4-2. Thornton and the Sharks are notorious for choking in the postseason, but the Avs haven't been playing that wel lately and while I don't think SJ will win the WC, they should be able to outlast the Avs in Round 1.

(4) PHX vs. (5) DET
Detroit, 4-1 or 4-2. Poor Phoenix. They got a horrible draw. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Detroit back in the Finals.

(2) CHI vs. (7) NSH
Chicago, 4-2. The Blackhawks have way too much firepower.

(3) VAN vs. (6) LA
Los Angeles, 4-3. My upset special. The Kings are a real darkhorse. I really like alot of their young talent. There's something to be said for lacking playoff experience, but I just get a weird feeling the Kings won't be overwhelmed by the moment..or by Sedin, Luongo and Co. Don't tell 24 I said this, though. :)

Mogulseeker
04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Sidney Crosby is the best hockey player alive right now.

Requiem
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Penguins win it all. <3

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Penguins win it all. <3

I wish...but it would be a real stretch to see a repeat. We don't have the quality depth on the blueline that we did the last two years. Sid and Geno are going to have to be superhuman in the post-season for the Penguins to reach the Finals for a third straight time. If they hold off Ottawa, they're going to have to beat Washington again and I don't see it this time. It's going to take every little bit of energy they have and even then it may not be enough..even with the playoff hex we have over them. If they somehow get past Washington, which I highly doubt, they're probably looking at New Jersey, who's flat out owned us this year. In fact, most 1-2-2 trap teams have given Pittsburgh trouble, lately. If the Penguins could somehow win it all despite how poorly they've played, it would really be something. I'm hoping and praying for a repeat, but I just don't see it, man. :(

Requiem
04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't see it either, but I can dream! Just gotta hope for the best. It is playoff hockey. Who knows what will happen. Full-steam ahead.

24champ
04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
SoCal's Playoff Thoughts

EAST
(1) WSH vs. (8) MTL
Washington, 4-1. Halak had a good year, but he's just going to get overwhelmed. Montreal just does not have the firepower to stay with Washington.

(4) PIT vs. (5) OTT
Pittsburgh, 4-3. My Penguins are the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. The defense really took a hit this year without Gill and Scuderi. Gogo is not really ready for playoff hockey. Flower needs to take his game up a notch, but Sid and Geno should be good enough to win this series. Geno's parents are coming in for the playoffs and he played his best hockey last year when they were in attendance. He's going to have to have a big series, because Volchenkov and Phillips have done a good job shutting Sid down in the past. Geno really needs to work on committing less stupid penalties and turnovers. This series could really go either way, but Kovalev being out may put the champs over the top.

(2) NJ vs. (7) PHI
New Jersey, 4-2. I just don't see how Philly can win this series. They have been playing poorly lately. The difference in goaltending is massive and I don't think the Flyers can handle NJ's talented set of forwards. They'll grit out a couple wins, though.

(3) BUF vs. (6) BOS
Buffalo, 4-2. A really good goaltending matchup. This will probably be a really low scoring series, but Buffalo should hold on.
WEST

(1) SJ vs. (8) COL
San Jose, 4-2. Thornton and the Sharks are notorious for choking in the postseason, but the Avs haven't been playing that wel lately and while I don't think SJ will win the WC, they should be able to outlast the Avs in Round 1.

(4) PHX vs. (5) DET
Detroit, 4-1 or 4-2. Poor Phoenix. They got a horrible draw. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Detroit back in the Finals.

(2) CHI vs. (7) NSH
Chicago, 4-2. The Blackhawks have way too much firepower.

(3) VAN vs. (6) LA
Los Angeles, 4-3. My upset special. The Kings are a real darkhorse. I really like alot of their young talent. There's something to be said for lacking playoff experience, but I just get a weird feeling the Kings won't be overwhelmed by the moment..or by Sedin, Luongo and Co. Don't tell 24 I said this, though. :)

That's a good breakdown, I will write mine up later on.

I do like the draw the Kings got, lots of media will be covering it. CBC has said they are picking the LA vs VAN series with their first pick (Just learned that there is a TV rights draft for Canadian Stations on NHL playoff series rights). CBC is also going to buy out the Globetrotters who play on Saturday in GM Palace and going to make the Kings vs Canucks part of the HNIC telecast on Saturday night. Makes me believe that the series will start on Thursday night. Hopefully Versus picks up the CBC feed for the late games. 8')

Mr
04-11-2010, 06:01 PM
May my beloved Canucks finally get their cup.
Its our turn dammit.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I can see the sarcasm dripping from this post. Actually, you should be happy...I think this is the year that you guys overcome the curse. There's really no other factor out there that is in the Pens favor besides that in this potential matchup. IMO, WSH 4 PIT 2...if PIT advances past OTT. I think OTT could pull an upset off, but I think the Penguins will slip past the Sens because Kovalev is out.

I'll believe it when I see it, too much history to think otherwise.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Finally, the real hocky begins... good times and go Avs!

Al Wilson
04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
(4) PIT vs. (5) OTT

I think the Sens will surprise you. They are actually better without Kovalev. He is the laziest player on the team. This Sens team has very much depth in scoring, and their defense is much better than it shows. Also, Elliotte has been phenominal in net. Hope it will be a good series with the Sens on top.

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 07:31 PM
NJ 4-2. Philly is physical, but NJ is too talented and has too much of a goaltender advantage for PHI to overcome.

I'll have to agree, but I'm definitely wary of the fact that they abused us all year.

SoCalBronco
04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I think the Sens will surprise you. They are actually better without Kovalev. He is the laziest player on the team. This Sens team has very much depth in scoring, and their defense is much better than it shows. Also, Elliotte has been phenominal in net. Hope it will be a good series with the Sens on top.

How could the Sens surprise me? I already admitted that the series could easily go either way and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ottawa won the series. Regarding Kovy...he's ALWAYS been lazy...even when he was in Pittsburgh, but he has undeniable talent. Like I said, this is a 7 game series...hopefully the Pens pull it out.

gyldenlove
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
EC:

Washington vs Montreal
I take the Caps to make it through pretty handily, they have a lot more firepower than Montreal and in this series their goaltending shouldn't be an issue, this one shouldn't go more than 5 games if even. 4-0

New Jersey vs Philadelphia
Goaltending wins when all else is even, both teams have pretty good skaters and Philly probably has a slight edge in terms of defenders but it would be a serious stretch of the imagination to believe the greatest goaltender of all time won't be able to beat scrub number 1 and 2 from Philly. This one could go 6 games. 4-2

Buffalo vs Boston
Buffalo has been a great story this year, but I like the experience in Boston better, this one should be a 7 gamer which I believe favors Boston. 3-4

Pittsburgh vs Ottawa
Ottawa has been a surprise team this year, but a surprise can only go so far, especially when faced with a battlehardened savvy team like the Pens. I believe Ottawa will take a single game, most likely game two. 4-1

WC:

1. San Jose vs Colorado
San Jose should win despite their chokerism. Colorado has been going nowhere but backwards since the Olympics and that kind of play will send them directly on summer holiday, 5 games. 4-1

2. Chicago vs Nashville
Nashville is an overall good team but they don't have the talent level to battle it out with Chicago, especially with Chicago holding home ice. 6 games. 4-2

3. Vancouver vs Los Angeles
I agree with Socal on this one, LA has more zest than Vancouver and Luongo is famously bad in the playoffs. 7 games. 3-4

4. Phoenix vs Detroit
The Red Wings are firing on all cylinders with Jimmy Howard getting points in 15 straight games heading into the playoffs (13-0-2) and their playoff experience will help them battle this one out. Dave Tippett has worked miracles in the desert but he has struggled in the past to handle Detroit. Sweep. 0-4

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 09:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/images/11/16/wayne-gretzky.jpg

24champ
04-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Alright here's my breakdown...

(1)Washington vs (8)Montreal

Pretty simple. Caps have too much firepower for the Canadians to counter with. Total mismatch.

Caps in 5.

(2) New Jersey vs (7) Philadelphia

Philly plays physical and wear down teams. The Devils are going to run into some trouble, but they have better top guys on their team. Elias should have a good series.

Devils to win in 7.

(3)Buffalo vs (6) Boston

Buffalo should win this one easily, Boston has some holes on their team. And Boston is the least scoring team in the NHL. Bruins goalie Rask can prolong the series if he stands on his head.

Sabres in 5.

(4)Pittsburgh vs (5)Ottawa

Tough one to decide. I'm tempted to make this my upset pick. Though I will go with the defending champs on this one. Most of the focus will be on Crosby for the Senators and Malkin should be able to do real well.

Penguins in 6.

(1) San Jose vs (8) Colorado

Colorado is limping into the playoffs, which isn't good. Hopefully Duchene and Mueller are good to go. The young guys will get a taste of the playoffs, and Colorado was picked to finish last in the WC this year. So they should be commended on a great season. Like everyone says, San Jose is notorious for choking in the playoffs, they should get past this round with some ease. Hate to say it...

Sharks in 4.

(2) Chicago vs (3) Nashville

Blackhawks are the team to beat in the Western Conference. They have a lot of talent, sprinkle in some some playoff experience from last year. They are going to have a good run this year, I'm picking the Hawks to go to the finals. Hawks in 4. Just too much firepower.

(3) Vancouver vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Honestly, it's hard to gauge this series since I am very biased in this one. I will say that it will be a fun series. Kings are very big, and like Philly they wear down teams. Two main things about this series that will determine the winner. Number one is goalies, both teams have their #1's struggling. So whichever goalie pulls out of their respective sucking, will give their team an edge to win the series. Secondly, the Canucks cannot try and outhit the Kings. If they do, Vancouver will be in a world of pain, they need to play their fast paced game.

Vancouver is the worst road team in the playoffs, so this bodes well for the Kings.

Kings in 6.

(4) Coyotes vs (5) Red Wings

Coyotes got a raw deal on this match, but the Red Wings are one of the hottest teams in the Western Conference as of late.

Wingies in 5.

broncocalijohn
04-12-2010, 12:06 AM
May my beloved Canucks finally get their cup.
Its our turn dammit.

Cant see it and I think there is a possible chance that Kings take this series (but it would sure be fun seeing them lose). If Kings got Chicago or even Red Wings, Kings lose. If SJ loses against the Avs, those nerds up there will be chucking their new Apple I Pad out of their high rise offices. East, take NJ with money (edit 4/12/10- i would not put money on this one ahead of Wash. Philly not playing as well now but has against NJ). Washington is my 2nd sure deal. It has been awhile since I have been on the outside looking in but at least I got to see the Ducks tear apart the Oilers. Hell, Parros even scored a goal. Hope Selanne sticks around. Dude is close to 40 and still put together about 28 goals in a shortened season for him.

chadta
04-12-2010, 04:30 AM
champ, if the games are on CBC, they will also be streamed on the cbc website, you will however need a canadian ip address to get the feed, canadian prozys arent hard to find, so you should be good to go.

flyers devils games are all going to be on TSN, those will also be on the website, so once again if you have a canadian ip you can watch them.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524941

schedule is out

2010 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES A
#1 vs. #8
Network
Thursday, April 15 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Saturday, April 17 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Monday, April 19 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
Wednesday, April 21 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
*Friday, April 23 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Monday, April 26 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Wednesday, April 28 at Washington, TBD TSN

SERIES B
#2 vs. #7
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN
Friday, April 16 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN
Sunday, April 18 at Philadelphia, 6:00 p.m. TSN
Tuesday, April 20 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN2
*Thursday, April 22 at New Jersey, 7:00 p.m. TSN
*Sunday, April 25 at Philadelphia, TBD TSN
*Tuesday, April 27 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN

SERIES C
#3 vs. #6
Network
Thursday, April 15 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC
Saturday, April 17 at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. NBC, CBC
Monday, April 19 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC
Wednesday, April 21 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC
*Friday, April 23 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC
*Monday, April 26 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. CBC
*Wednesday, April 28 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC

SERIES D
#4 vs. #5
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Friday, April 16 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Sunday, April 18 at Ottawa, 6:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Tuesday, April 20 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Thursday, April 22 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Saturday, April 24 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Tuesday, April 27 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC

chadta
04-12-2010, 04:31 AM
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="535"><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: center;" colspan="4">2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES E</td> <td valign="absmiddle"> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="14" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td>#1</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/sharks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/avalanche/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#8</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 14</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Colorado, 9:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Colorado, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Thursday, April 22</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Saturday, April 24</td> <td>at Colorado, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Monday, April 26</td> <td>at San Jose, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES F</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="14" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#2</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/blackhawks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/predators/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#7</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Nashville, 9:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Thursday, April 22</td> <td>at Nashville, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Saturday, April 24</td> <td>at Chicago, 3:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Monday, April 26</td> <td>at Nashville, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Wednesday, April 28</td> <td>at Chicago, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES G</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="16" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#3</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/canucks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#6</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Thursday, April 15</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Saturday, April 17</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Monday, April 19</td> <td>at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 21</td> <td>at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Friday, April 23</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Sunday, April 25</td> <td>at Los Angeles, TBD</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Tuesday, April 27</td> <td>at Vancouver, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES H</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="15" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#4</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/coyotes/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/redwings/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#5</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 14</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Detroit, 3:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Detroit, 6:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Friday, April 23</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Sunday, April 25</td> <td>at Detroit, 2:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Tuesday, April 27</td> <td>at Phoenix, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr
04-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Cant see it and I think there is a possible chance that Kings take this series (but it would sure be fun seeing them lose). If Kings got Chicago or even Red Wings, Kings lose. If SJ loses against the Avs, those nerds up there will be chucking their new Apple I Pad out of their high rise offices. East, take NJ with money. Washington is my 2nd sure deal. It has been awhile since I have been on the outside looking in but at least I got to see the Ducks tear apart the Oilers. Hell, Parros even scored a goal. Hope Selanne sticks around. Dude is close to 40 and still put together about 28 goals in a shortened season for him.

I think we have a chance if the D would get healthy and stay healthy.
Willie Mitchell is the shut down guy.. But he is currently shut down.
But when it comes right down to it, Calgary is out???... Im happy, Call it a year. heh.

Tombstone RJ
04-12-2010, 09:09 AM
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="535"><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: center;" colspan="4">2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES E</td> <td valign="absmiddle"> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="14" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td>#1</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/sharks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/avalanche/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#8</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 14</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Colorado, 9:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Colorado, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Thursday, April 22</td> <td>at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Saturday, April 24</td> <td>at Colorado, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Monday, April 26</td> <td>at San Jose, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES F</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="14" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#2</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/blackhawks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/predators/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#7</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Nashville, 9:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Thursday, April 22</td> <td>at Nashville, 8:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Saturday, April 24</td> <td>at Chicago, 3:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Monday, April 26</td> <td>at Nashville, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Wednesday, April 28</td> <td>at Chicago, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES G</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="16" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#3</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/canucks/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#6</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Thursday, April 15</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Saturday, April 17</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Monday, April 19</td> <td>at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 21</td> <td>at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Friday, April 23</td> <td>at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Sunday, April 25</td> <td>at Los Angeles, TBD</td> <td>CBC, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Tuesday, April 27</td> <td>at Vancouver, TBD</td> <td>CBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">SERIES H</td> <td> <table align="left" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" height="15" width="165"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="text-align: center;">#4</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/coyotes/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">vs.</td> <td style="text-align: center;">http://cdn.nhl.com/redwings/images/logos/small.png</td> <td style="text-align: center;">#5</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> <td>Network</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Wednesday, April 14</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Friday, April 16</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Sunday, April 18</td> <td>at Detroit, 3:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">Tuesday, April 20</td> <td>at Detroit, 6:30 p.m.</td> <td>TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Friday, April 23</td> <td>at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m.</td> <td>TSN, VERSUS</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Sunday, April 25</td> <td>at Detroit, 2:00 p.m.</td> <td>NBC, TSN</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">*Tuesday, April 27</td> <td>at Phoenix, TBD</td> <td>TSN</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'd love to see the Yotes destroy the wings. Avs are gonna have to play against a very physical sharks team. Blake already destroyed Mueller. I just don't know if the Avs have anything left in the tank. Now's the time they have to turn it up a notch and for a young team, that is difficult to understand. The Avs are young with a rookie HC and I think, in all honesty, they are just happy to be in the playoffs. No one expected the Avs to be here.

Kid A
04-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I'd love to see the Yotes destroy the wings. Avs are gonna have to play against a very physical sharks team. Blake already destroyed Mueller. I just don't know if the Avs have anything left in the tank. Now's the time they have to turn it up a notch and for a young team, that is difficult to understand. The Avs are young with a rookie HC and I think, in all honesty, they are just happy to be in the playoffs. No one expected the Avs to be here.

Yeah, if I'm honest with myself it's probably Sharks in 5 or 6. Never know though. If we take one of the first two and SJ starts to get nervous, we might be young and dumb enough to make it a series.

Smiling Assassin27
04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
*putting the blurry vision hex on bryzgalov*

Come on, rookie, park that thing...

http://members.shaw.ca/codyrbown2/goalies/nhl/det/howard.jpg

bronco militia
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/images/11/16/wayne-gretzky.jpg

:rofl:

24champ
04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
champ, if the games are on CBC, they will also be streamed on the cbc website, you will however need a canadian ip address to get the feed, canadian prozys arent hard to find, so you should be good to go.

flyers devils games are all going to be on TSN, those will also be on the website, so once again if you have a canadian ip you can watch them.

Yeah that will be good for game 6 since Versus will pick pick up all the Van/LA games except Games 6 and for now game 7. It'll be nice to watch my team in the playoffs on HD.:sunshine:

chadta
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
It'll be nice to watch my team in the playoffs on HD.:sunshine:

last time they were in the playoffs HD wasnt an option LOL, heck color barely was

loborugger
04-12-2010, 05:42 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/sabres123/BuffaloSabres.png

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/02/16/sports/olympics/16helmet_ringsblog/16helmet_ringsblog-blogSpan.jpg

24champ
04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
last time they were in the playoffs HD wasnt an option LOL, heck color barely was

I see what you did there...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/43/Oh_I_See_Fry.gif

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Less than 2 days till playoff hockey. I'm getting pumped up for the dropping of the first playoff puck.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4483217828_cbba7a516e_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2007/4514334745_4ea7236069_o.jpg

maher_tyler
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Not saying the Avs are gonna take the series but i don't think we're going to get swept. We've actually played SJ pretty good this year and the last two times we've faced them we've been pretty banged up. Duchene should be back by game 1! Mueller should be back at some point in the series and i've heard Jones has been skating and taking hits in practice...if we can get those 3 back..i don't think SJ will roll over us as easy as everyone is making it seem!!

Edit: Our last 4 games we've looked pretty good...our last 12 games were against top 8 teams or teams fighting for a playoff spot..it's not like that bad streak we were on we were playing bad teams...

Baba Booey
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Avs beat the Sharks. Thornton turns into his retarded cousin Shawn in the postseason.

24champ
04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Avs beat the Sharks. Thornton turns into his retarded cousin Shawn in the postseason.

I think the Sharks will be pressing in game 1. The fielded a TON of questions about their playoff history, most notably last years. Dan Boyle looked a little peeved, as did the other Shark players being interviewed.

Baba Booey
04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/23/fullj.69ef90ea61f231c61ceb21519a69a7d0/69ef90ea61f231c61ceb21519a69a7d0-getty-90955070jm007_chicago_black.jpg

Can't wait til Wednesday

24champ
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEEKQcLMepw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEEKQcLMepw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3674&dateline=1270453992

Ok.....now I am even more confident that you guys will beat Vancouver. ;D

Killericon
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/fjohnson_72/04_10_10%20Penguins/AS7D3630a_Kane_Cropped_72ppi.jpg

I'll just leave this here...

To keep with the trend:

http://thefanaticalfan.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/nhl_ap_kane_toews3_300.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/fjohnson_72/04_10_10%20Penguins/AS7D3630a_Kane_Cropped_72ppi.jpg

I'll just leave this here...

To keep with the trend:

http://thefanaticalfan.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/nhl_ap_kane_toews3_300.jpg

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100111/133531.jpg

:wiggle:

24champ
04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3674&dateline=1270453992

Ok.....now I am even more confident that you guys will beat Vancouver. ;D

She's my HF avatar as well...we're doing playoff beards. Which by the way, I am about to be run off of because Vancouver fans hate my guts already. :giggle:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/filmjew/24frolovbeard.png

Baba Booey
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
HFboards is a pretty good place to talk hockey but my God are there some bozos over there. I usually just hang around the Devils board but I'll read the main board now and then for ****s and gigs. It's usually good for a laugh or two.

My name over there is Darius Dangleaitis.

24champ
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100111/133531.jpg

:wiggle:

I said Blackhawks would get to the cup finals...but didn't say they were going to win it because of that guy. Ha!

24champ
04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
HFboards is a pretty good place to talk hockey but my God are there some bozos over there. I usually just hang around the Devils board but I'll read the main board now and then for ****s and gigs. It's usually good for a laugh or two.

My name over there is Darius Dangleaitis.

The last 48 hours have me convinced that the Canucks have the most delusional fan base in the NHL.

Baba Booey
04-12-2010, 11:12 PM
The last 48 hours have me convinced that the Canucks have the most delusional fan base in the NHL.

I'll be pulling for you guys in that series. This is probably the strongest team Luongo has ever played on, though, so it'll be interesting to see whether or not he can finally man up and take his team deep (hope not).

Here's how I break down the Devils-Flyers series, while trying to ignore the fact that we went 1-4-1 against them this year:

Up front, it's pretty much a toss-up. Both teams have good scoring depth. We have more finesse and they have the grit. I'd probably give us the edge seeing as we have two top-ten goalscorers in Parise and Kovy in our lineup and two big time playoff performers in Elias and Langenbrunner.

Defensively they have the advantage, but it'll be interesting to see which one of Parise or Kovalchuk they match Pronger against. He's been effective against Parise in the past, but I can't see them passing off Kovalchuk to Timonen, because that's just an awful matchup for them physically. I think Pronger will be out there whenever Kovalchuk is which means Parise will get more chances.

The goaltending matchup is obviously hilarious, and because of that the only way I can see the Devils losing this series is if Brodeur absolutely craps his pants. There's no way Boucher will be able to fend off the Devils attack for seven games.

Devils in six.

chadta
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Lets go Flyers !

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm129/flyersdjh2001/flyerssig-1.png

24champ
04-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Socal's boys on the scoreboard already. 1-0 Penguins on a PP goal.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Geno strikes on the PP. Assisted by Sarge and Sid.

1-0 PIT.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Ottawa capitalizes on a juicy rebound. 1-1.

Hogan11
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
lets go flyers !

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm129/flyersdjh2001/flyerssig-1.png

Go Flyers!!!

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
2-1 OTT. Come on, Flower.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Wake the **** up. This is unacceptable.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
What am I watching here, SoCal?

Looks like the Sens are forcing Cros to give it up *mimicking Versus announcers*.

Devils game is pretty insane. They're really testing Boucher, meaning the flood gates will open soon.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 05:19 PM
What am I watching here, SoCal?

Looks like the Sens are forcing Cros to give it up *mimicking Versus announcers*.

Devils game is pretty insane. They're really testing Boucher, meaning the flood gates will open soon.

What's happening is that after playing some spirited hockey for about 7 minutes...the Pens started getting tentative and making stupid mistakes. Flower's been subpar as well, although he's made some key saves. Ottawa got a couple and are going into the trap, which has frustrated Pittsburgh the whole season. Even against teams like Tampa Bay and Atlanta, when the Pens get down early and the other team wants to clog up the neutral zone, the Pens have had a hell of a time creating chances. It doesn't help that they still have that POS Guerin on Crosby's line. Seriously, Guerin is completely worthless.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Geno with another PP goal. Cuts Ottawa lead to 3-2.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Guerin is our Rolston without the wheels.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Flower is having a horrible night. Bad rebounds...everything. 4-2.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Flower needs his cherry popped.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Guerin is our Rolston without the wheels.

Don't insult Brian Rolston by comparing him to Billy Guerin.

The Pens just don't seem to have it, tonight. They are off kilter. Ottawa is playing well, but the Pens are also playing tentatively for long stretches of this game. They just wasted a PP. It will be hard to come back in the 3rd period.

chadta
04-14-2010, 06:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Vram/download.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Craig Adams of all people brings Pittsburgh within 1. Don't blow it by another stupid penalty.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Ruutu?

This is garbage. Absolute garbage effort. They are getting totally outplayed and outcoached.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Sid with a nice pass to Gogo. 5-4. If we weren't such morons in this game, we'd be ahead.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Can't get it done at the end. As usual. Guerin falling down and embarassing himself. I'm kind of getting pissed that Guerin hasn't gotten his dick put in a blender, yet. Flower needs to step up his game in Game 2. They scored 4 goals on Elliot on like 20 shots. If we can get some consistent goaltending, we can win this series, but so far we're playing like **** in so many areas.

24champ
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Can't get it done at the end. As usual. Guerin falling down and embarassing himself. I'm kind of getting pissed that Guerin hasn't gotten his dick put in a blender, yet. Flower needs to step up his game in Game 2. They scored 4 goals on Elliot on like 20 shots. If we can get some consistent goaltending, we can win this series, but so far we're playing like **** in so many areas.

4 goals on 21 shots to be exact. They gotta come out better obviously in game 2 or they are up s*** creek without a paddle.

Kid A
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Flyers win too. Is it the night for lower seeds?!

Let's go Avs!

chadta
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Kovi has still NEVER won a playoff game

flyers up 1-0

Al Wilson
04-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Sid with a nice pass to Gogo. 5-4. If we weren't such morons in this game, we'd be ahead.
Nope. You got outplayed by Ottawa in this first game, that's the bottom line. And you're playing against Brian Elliotte who gave you a couple of gimme's

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Nope. You got outplayed by Ottawa in this first game, that's the bottom line. And you're playing against Brian Elliotte who gave you a couple of gimme's

I'm not disputing that they got outplayed. I'm saying that they played like **** and still put 4 goals in the net on 20 shots. If they can get their head out of their asses and get a halfway decent performance from the Flower, they should be able to win this series. Ottawa outcoached and outplayed Pittsburgh, tonight, but with a little more effort and execution, we should still be able to get it done.

Al Wilson
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm not disputing that they got outplayed. I'm saying that they played like **** and still put 4 goals in the net on 20 shots. If they can get their head out of their asses and get a halfway decent performance from the Flower, they should be able to win this series. Ottawa outcoached and outplayed Pittsburgh, tonight.
It's not gonna be an easy series for you guys, that's for sure. Also, I knew Elliotte would have a bad game tonight since it is his first playoff game. Believe me, he will be the Brian Elliotte that he was in the reglar season as he gets comfortable in net. And I'm not surprised the way Ottawa played tonight cause they're very much capable of playing like this and even better. We should win this series if Elliotte does get comfortable with time.

24champ
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Kovi has still NEVER won a playoff game

flyers up 1-0

He'll start winning playoff games as a member of the LA Kings next year. ;D

24champ
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Avalanche up 1-0.

And the choking begins with San Jose. :giggle:

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Avalanche up 1-0.

And the choking begins with San Jose. :giggle:

Go Avs! If they can win one of the first two games they stand a much better chance of winning the series.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Sickkk way to go Avs.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
The Sharks choke yet again.

Kid A
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
**** YES! Feel the pressure forming around your throats San Jose!

24champ
04-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Sharks board is lit up right now. Some sharks fan said they are going throw their computer out the window because they are done with this team. Ha!

And to think I predicted a sweep by the Sharks?ROFL!

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Sharks board is lit up right now. Some sharks fan said they are going throw their computer out the window

Garcia is a Sharks fan? Who knew. :P

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
The St. Joe Guppys don't look so mean... well, at least the Avs have "a chance" to maybe win this series.

Did anyone else see the stats of the last 7 playoff serious for the Guppys? All of them ended 4-2 in the other team's favor.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I fully admit I am gonna bandwagon on the Avs now. Reminds me of when I first moved to America...

Kid A
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Rob Blake coming through for the Avs again! Knew he still had some loyalty...

Broncofan_H
04-14-2010, 10:07 PM

That was no choke. The Avs worked damn hard for that win. Nice job, Colorado!

SoCalBronco
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
That was no choke. The Avs worked damn hard for that win. Nice job, Colorado!

It was a choke because the Sharks are a great regular season team that cannot ever do **** in the playoffs despite being alot better than their opponents. It was no different for No Show Joe and Co. Colorado is vastly inferior to San Jose, but the Sharks just don't do the playoffs.

Kid A
04-14-2010, 10:14 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2d7szzc.jpg

Tell us how you feel Shark fans.

Dagmar
That is tremendous!

24champ
Rob Blake coming through for the Avs again! Knew he still had some loyalty...

I've said it for a long time, that guy ****ing sucks. He just was not paying attention on that last goal. Typical Sharks hockey right there.

24champ
04-14-2010, 10:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/8x0w0j.jpg

Hilarious!

bronco militia
04-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I've said it for a long time, that guy ****ing sucks. He just was not paying attention on that last goal. Typical Sharks hockey right there.

no way....I'd slap the giant A back on his chest for game 2 if the Sharks would let him.

Hogan11
04-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Solid victory last night, I've been hard on Boucher, but he had a stellar night in net. Let's Go Flyers!!!

maher_tyler
04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Sharks board is lit up right now. Some sharks fan said they are going throw their computer out the window because they are done with this team. Ha!

And to think I predicted a sweep by the Sharks?ROFL!

I knew we wouldn't get swept..we don't even have Mueller or Jones in the line up! If Blake can some how deflect another shot/pass into his own net at some point in this series, then it will fully make up for that cheap shot he put on Mueller!

24champ
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0RF9Jt0pA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0RF9Jt0pA4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Game 1 is tonight...I'm pumped. Go Kings GO!!Booya!

Broncofan_H
04-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It was a choke because the Sharks are a great regular season team that cannot ever do **** in the playoffs despite being alot better than their opponents. It was no different for No Show Joe and Co. Colorado is vastly inferior to San Jose, but the Sharks just don't do the playoffs.

You can call it a choke. I call it a team working hard and outplaying the other.

Also, does this seem "vastly inferior" to you:
SEASON SERIES: The clubs staged a closely-contested season series, with the Sharks earning five points (2-1-1) to the Avalanche's four (2-2-0). Colorado outscored San Jose 14-13
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=525095

What it says to me is you got a bad match-up in the 1st round with a team that has played pretty evenly with the Sharks all year.

Go Avalanche!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Let's go Caps!

Half-assed it for a month and a half, time to turn it back on.

24champ
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Also, does this seem "vastly inferior" to you:

You are not evenly matched. San Jose has better lines and better goaltending. You don't get 113 points for having some scrubs on the team. Fact is the Sharks came out flat and just skated around like it was a regular season game.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
15% off @ NHL.com because of Tax Day today

Finally broke down and bought a new Ovechkin jersey

Dukes
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
15% off @ NHL.com because of Tax Day today

Finally broke down and bought a new Ovechkin jersey

:thumbsup: I'd love a new alternate Matt Duchene jersey.

SoCalBronco
04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Just got home to see that MTL upset WSH and BUF held on over BOS.

Tombstone RJ
04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
I'd luv to see the habs beat the caps. Talk about a massive upset.

SoCalBronco
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Kings and Canucks tied at 2 at the end of regulation. OT upcoming.

24, where are you?

SoCalBronco
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Vancouver takes it in OT, 3-2.

24champ
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Brutal loss...about 1 millimeter away from winning game one in OT. If Handzus wasn't celebrating so early and kept his stick down. It'd be 1-0 Kings.

We have a lot of things to improve on, we never cycled well. I expect in game 2 they will come out playing a lot better.

Baba Booey
04-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Brutal loss...about 1 millimeter away from winning game one in OT. If Handzus wasn't celebrating so early and kept his stick down. It'd be 1-0 Kings.

We have a lot of things to improve on, we never cycled well. I expect in game 2 they will come out playing a lot better.

I feel like that's the tale of the tape of every team that's in a hole right now.

Am I mistaken, or has every single game so far been a one-goal game?

Devils better get their **** together tonight.

chadta
04-16-2010, 04:20 AM
still happy with randy jones champ ?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Halak was awesome last night, and he was the only reason the Caps hadn't scored 3 or 4 goals by the early 2nd. Kudos to the Canadians for holding Ovechkin without a shot all night too.

24champ
04-16-2010, 11:48 AM
still happy with randy jones champ ?

Don't mention his name.

I am sure you had a laugh over it last night.

chadta
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Don't mention his name.

I am sure you had a laugh over it last night.

actually i fell asleep, so i didnt laugh until the morning

Al Wilson
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Great game that was tonight by both the Sens and Pens. Was a must win for the Pens and great play by Crosby. Now it shifts to Ottawa

FADERPROOF
04-16-2010, 08:29 PM
damn versus is showing coyotes-wings instead of the Avs...

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
start of 3rd tied 4-4,go Avs

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 09:39 PM
NIIce!!

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow, that's one quiet arena...

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Misteraunderson is playing well. He should have Neo on his helmet.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Detroit wins. yuck.

Kid A
04-16-2010, 09:58 PM
This game is insane. Come on Avs, hold on here...

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Neo, this is your game!

Kid A
04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
shiiiit. we're getting so outshot here, we need somebody to make a play in OT.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
if the Avs pull this out, it's huge

Kid A
04-16-2010, 10:25 PM
if the Avs pull this out, it's huge

We blew our best chance to do so with our inability to clear the damn puck. Ugh. Still, let's do this.

Killericon
04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Stupid Predators.

That is all.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
footer, not good...

SoCalBronco
04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Sharks win it in OT, 6-5.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
1-1

Kid A
we had a chance to steal a 2-0 lead. sucks. gonna be tough for us to win the series now.

DHallblows
You don't call that penalty in overtime in the playoffs. Period

DBruleU
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
You don't call that penalty in overtime in the playoffs. Period

Yeah that was extremely weak call.

SoCalBronco
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice to see Sid save our hide.

gyldenlove
04-17-2010, 08:48 AM
As suspected, when the Red Wings really turn on the power the Coyotes are just not quite good enough to keep up, their only hope is Bryzgalov keeping the games to low scores.

BroncoLifer
04-17-2010, 09:09 AM

Particularly since that POS Blake had just finished blatantly punching Galiardi in the face - no call.

DBruleU
04-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Particularly since that POS Blake had just finished blatantly punching Galiardi in the face - no call.

Always been a Blake fan, ever since his days winning the Cup with the Avs, but ever since his hit on Mueller, my opinion has been changing. He's just old and slow now and takes cheap shots because of it.

Mogulseeker
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM

I didn't even see a penalty... what was the call again?

Baba Booey
04-17-2010, 01:28 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/vagel117/richards.jpg

Richards Honored
AP - Philadephia, PA - April 18, 2010

Philadelphia Flyers captain Mike Richards is presented with the honorary yellow jersey for his cowardice displayed during game 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs against the New Jersey Devils. Richards was afraid to fight the bruising Ilya Kovalchuk during the game despite swatting Kovalchuk with his stick and verbalizing his willingness to do so. When the pugilistic Russian turned in response to Richard's invitation, the Flyers captain skated away and refused eye contact, thus securing the coveted yellow jersey and giving new meaning to the C he wears on his jersey.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
**** you Caps. Through a game and 2 periods, congrats on proving everyone right that you aren't built for the playoffs and still have no idea what it takes to win once you get there.

7 goals allowed so far and 3 came off of turnovers when you refused to make simple passes to clear the zone and decided to get fancy, and another 2 came off of rushes when you decided to go for a big hit and missed, instead of a simple check to take someone out of the play.

chadta
04-17-2010, 06:08 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/vagel117/richards.jpg

yeah it woulda been much better if he dropped the gloves threw one punch and then had kovi turtle, no way kovi fights, he did the right thing waiting for kovi to throw the first punch. cuz there is no winning with you babies, richards waits for the other guy to go first an hes a chicken, carcillo throws the first punch on a guy who was in the process of dropping the gloves and is called a cheap shot artist because he knocked him out in one shot.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Flyers-disagree-with-Carcillo-s-4-game-sucker-pu?urn=nhl,206985

you should change the pic to GOLD, you know the color of the medal he got at the olympics

Hercules Rockefeller
04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh thank God.

Way to sack up Caps and turn it on in the 3rd.

Hat trick by Backstrom and the winner 31 seconds into OT. 4 points by Ovechkin, and John Carlson is going to be an absolute stud in a year or two. Thank you to the Flyers for that 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick and Steve Eminger.

Finger Roll
04-17-2010, 07:13 PM
are you a caps fan like myself?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-17-2010, 07:15 PM
are you a caps fan like myself?

Yes

Baba Booey
04-17-2010, 07:35 PM
yeah it woulda been much better if he dropped the gloves threw one punch and then had kovi turtle, no way kovi fights, he did the right thing waiting for kovi to throw the first punch. cuz there is no winning with you babies, richards waits for the other guy to go first an hes a chicken, carcillo throws the first punch on a guy who was in the process of dropping the gloves and is called a cheap shot artist because he knocked him out in one shot.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Flyers-disagree-with-Carcillo-s-4-game-sucker-pu?urn=nhl,206985

you should change the pic to GOLD, you know the color of the medal he got at the olympics

Malarkey. Kovalchuk followed Richards all over the ice wanting to drop the gloves after he got the slashing penalty. What in the world makes you think he would have turtled?

SoCalBronco
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Big comeback by the Caps. They really needed that after getting down 4-1 and then 5-4 and their key personnel stepped up.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
almost there... not

SoCalBronco
04-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Kopitar PPG in OT evens the series up.

Each series is now 1-1 except for CHI/NSH.

Kid A
04-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Kopitar PPG in OT evens the series up.

Each series is now 1-1 except for CHI/NSH.

So many great games less than a week in. These playoffs are shaping up to be epic.

24champ
04-17-2010, 10:32 PM
http://www.tonyscv.com/anzeotwinner.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phd6Yv2956M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phd6Yv2956M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Whoohooo! !Booya!

SoCalBronco
04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
So many great games less than a week in. These playoffs are shaping up to be epic.

What if Bob stopped at one hamburger?

History will be made.

http://cdn.nhl.com/blackhawks/images/upload/2010/03/playoffs2010.jpg

ElwayMD
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Pens looking rock solid tonight. If this continues to be their performance in the playoffs they have a chance to go deep.

Baba Booey
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Every Devil with the exception of Brodeur should be put down like a sick old dog. What a completely awful, uninspired performance.

chadta
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM

this picture says it all

HOWEVER

i am truely sickened by his acting trying to draw a highsticking call in the first period

WTG carcillo, leave the acting to the pens

Kid A
04-18-2010, 07:50 PM
getting testy between the sharks and avs...

BroncoDoug
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Go Avs!

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Every Devil with the exception of Brodeur should be put down like a sick old dog. What a completely awful, uninspired performance.

Sorry bro...that sucks. I was hoping you guys would win.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
It's really kind of comical at this point. I mean, I'm almost no longer nervous about whether we win or lose; clearly we are outmanned in this series and we won't get anywhere getting out shot 4-1 in any other series should we happen to slip past SJ.

But, damn, is Anderson showing he has what it takes. Just enjoy watching him in the zone.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 08:53 PM
It's really kind of comical at this point. I mean, I'm almost no longer nervous about whether we win or lose; clearly we are outmanned in this series and we won't get anywhere getting out shot 4-1 in any other series should we happen to slip past SJ.

But, damn, is Anderson showing he has what it takes. Just enjoy watching him in the zone.

I've only been watching the last 10 mins of this game, but its a shooting gallery for SJ. Seriously, if this were anyone other than the Sharks, it would be 4-0. You guys may pull this one out.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
lol. Here comes another PP. There's no way we can keep this 0-0. Is there?

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
San Jose Guppies turned it on in the last minutes of regulation and looks like momentum is on their side. I can see this game being a couple overtimes.

Prediction: Marleau for the GW goal.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Anderson set record for most saves in 3 periods without allowing a goal. 50. Should be the #1 star of the game even if he scores an own goal in OT. Just awesome.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
San Jose Guppies turned it on in the last minutes of regulation and looks like momentum is on their side. I can see this game being a couple overtimes.

Prediction: Marleau for the GW goal.

Joe Thornton is going to put it in his own net.

Broncofan_H
04-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Andy! Andy! Andy!

Come on, Avs!!!

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:23 PM

Tin Man puts it in his own net...interesting take and yet possible. :giggle:

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Holy f uck.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Tin Man puts it in his own net...interesting take and yet possible. :giggle:

Dan Boyle...I was close. ;D

Seriously, this stuff doesn't happen in real life. The chance that all the stuff that has happened to the Sharks the last few years is by coincidence is somewhere between zero and negative one.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh. My. God.

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:25 PM

HOLY CRAP SOCAL. :rofl: Ha!ROFL!LOLHilarious!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Ha ha, nice job Boyle

RonDaChamp24
04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Haha awesome! Go Avs! Nice call So Cal! You were close.

Baba Booey
04-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Haha Dan Boyle you ****ing ignoramus.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:33 PM
If I wasn't an Avs fan, I'd almost feel bad. Just unreal. I love Andy, though, so I'm glad he gets the shutout he deserves.

montrose
04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I would take a bullet for Craig Anderson tonight if I had to. Go Avs!

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha Dan Boyle you ****ing ignoramus.

Sharks are cursed...haha.

I have a feeling someone's making a Boyle "History is made" commercial right now. "What if Dan Boyle knew which team he was playing on?" Ha!

Kid A
04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Let's not forget the game 1 winner came off the skate of Blake. Really just unreal.

I mean, considering how badly we're getting outshot I personally would still consider SJ the favorite to pull out the series...but, man, if they didn't have psychological issues in the playoffs before...

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Fuggem. Go Avs!

Durango
04-18-2010, 09:45 PM
That was beyond amazing. If not for the unbelievable play of Anderson, this easily could've been one of those record-setting nightmares we've seen in other Denver sports. I'm shocked. 51 saves? How in the hell do you do that? 100 shots on goal or something like that. Good God. A game for the ages of Colorado sports, and not just hockey.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Poor Jeff....he's probably tearing his hair out right now. I wouldn't want to be one of his students tomorrow (my college roommate from 1999-2002 is now a college instructor in the Midwest...........he's a diehard Sharks fan).

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Sharks are cursed...haha.

I have a feeling someone's making a Boyle "History is made" commercial right now. "What if Dan Boyle knew which team he was playing on?" Ha!

I liked my "What if Bob stopped at one hamburger".....but that one works, too. ROFL!

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Poor Jeff....he's probably tearing his hair out right now. I wouldn't want to be one of his students tomorrow (my college roommate from 1999-2002 is now a college instructor in the Midwest...........he's a diehard Sharks fan).

He probably stopped watching hockey after last years meltdown.

24champ
04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
NHL.com got it wrong as usual...

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4197/stupidnhlcom.png

bombay
San Jose can't get out of their own way.

Literally.

Pezman
Epic call Socal hahahahahaha

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Haha.....even the NHL is mocking the Sharks, now.

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Wow, guess which team the NHL wants to win? Probably the team with the larger tv audience, eh?

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Epic call Socal hahahahahaha

Pez!!!!! Great to see ya, man. How's it going?

24champ
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
From HF Boards...

The GM of the Sharks reaction. :rofl:

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/323893/dw-o.gif

Kid A
04-18-2010, 11:38 PM
From HF Boards...

The GM of the Sharks reaction. :rofl:

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/323893/dw-o.gif

:rofl: Pretty sure that video's actually from the **** up at the end of game 1. Can't imagine the reaction was much different this time around.

Kid A
04-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Avs fans, do yourself a favor and watch the end of the highlight video on the team website. The crowd really gave Andy the ovation he deserved when he came out for the #1 star/on ice interview. Cool moment for a guy who not only carried the team tonight, but has shouldered a hugely disproportionate shot percentage most the season, becoming the main reason this young team is in this position.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/

hambone13
04-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Pez!!!!! Great to see ya, man. How's it going?

SoCal, that call was flat out as ridiculous as what actually happened! Wow, just Wow.

montrose
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Looks like Hejduk and Porter may be back for Game 4 according to the Post while Jones is still out. Any word on Mueller? That dude was killing - including 4 goals on SJ in 2 games.

Broncofan_H
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Looks like Hejduk and Porter may be back for Game 4 according to the Post while Jones is still out. Any word on Mueller? That dude was killing - including 4 goals on SJ in 2 games.

Last I heard he seems to have had some kind of setback and isn't doing much skating. SJ better hope he comes back, because the hockey Gods seem to be hexing the Sharks due to Blake's hit on Mueller.
ROFL!

Oh well! Go Avs!

SoCalBronco
04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Montreal is being brought back into reality by the Caps in Game 3. Boston ahead by a goal over Buffalo so far.

24champ
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QPQtPCq5Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hilarious!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
That's awesome.

10-2 Caps since the Habs scored to go up 4-1 in the 2nd of Game 2. Hopefully this trend continues.

Varlamov has not lost in Montreal in his young career.

SoCalBronco
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
LA defeats Vancouver, 5-3. They are now up 2-1 in the series.

24champ
04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/bb/fullj.2a02c9cfc24a6d93ed93ca896b27916e/2a02c9cfc24a6d93ed93ca896b27916e-getty-98339771hh005_vancouver_can.jpg

Kings up 2-1 in the series over the Canucks. Woot!

maher_tyler
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Well i'm glad we got the "W" and all but that game and this series has been horribly refed in favor of the Sharks!! The NHL can't even help the Sharks win a series!!

Nice Youtube video btw...CLASSIC!! :notworthy

7 power plays to 3!!

SoCalBronco
04-19-2010, 11:49 PM
The Pens need to step on Ottawa's throat tomorrow and put it away. Let's go, boys. Don't let them hang around. The law of averages says that Alfie and Spezza will show up eventually. I'd much rather have that happen after its 3-1, rather than 2-2. Don't let up. We're finally starting to play some Penguin playoff hockey. Don't let up.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2010, 12:49 AM
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=34819&dateline=1271131364

maher_tyler
04-20-2010, 06:15 AM
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=34819&dateline=1271131364

Hilarious!

Not if the Refs have anything to say about it!!

Not gonna count my chickens before they hatch...although this season, even if we still lose, has been a success!!

Hogan11
04-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry bro...that sucks. I was hoping you guys would win.

Every time the Flyers win, you and the neckbeard die a little inside :~ohyah!:

Baba Booey
04-20-2010, 10:21 AM

It's getting ridiculous. You guys have just been taking it to us all series long, even game two. Can't take anything away from you guys if you win this series because you'll definitely deserve it.

Right now the Devils don't. At all.

Hogan11
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
It's getting ridiculous. You guys have just been taking it to us all series long, even game two. Can't take anything away from you guys if you win this series because you'll definitely deserve it.

Right now the Devils don't. At all.

To be totally honest with you, I'm surprised by it mainly because I'm definitely NOT a Boucher fan and he's held up very well thus far in goal.

Even still, I just can't be comfortable with him in goal.....I just can't.

Smiling Assassin27
04-20-2010, 10:44 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff261/Third_Man_In/babcockpk.jpg

It's very simple, boys.

Smiling Assassin27
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
One I found funny from photoshop war thread:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2131/threetenors.jpg

24champ
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Sens playing like garbage. 3-0 Penguins.

Kid A
04-20-2010, 06:07 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IpaAYMWpjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IpaAYMWpjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-06bXkPaQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad225/CardiacKid67/WatDDisgonnado2u.gif

Baba Booey
04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
All I can do is laugh.

The funny part is we traded Bergfors, Oduya, a solid prospect in Cormier and a first rounder for Kovalchuk for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, Kovalchuk has played his heart out and has been effective this series, but getting ousted in the first round and selling the farm for a rental is just ****ing retarded.

Hogan11
04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
All I can do is smile :)

SoCalBronco
04-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Sid is just amazing to watch. He's playing at the highest level of his career right now. He adds another 2 goals and 2 assists tonight.

11 points in 4 playoff games. Sick.

The Sens are on the ropes now, having lost three in a row.

Pens 7 Sens 4.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Right now, it looks like you guys will play Washington in the second round if you can get that 4th win. This might be the first time ever that I will be strongly rooting for the Flyers. :)

Al Wilson
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Sid is just amazing to watch. He's playing at the highest level of his career right now. He adds another 2 goals and 2 assists tonight.

11 points in 4 playoff games. Sick.

The Sens are on the ropes now, having lost three in a row.

Pens 7 Sens 4.
Very Frustrating game to watch. Totally undisciplined game from the sens the past two games, and it was very hard to watch. You guys have a good team. Honestly though, those weak calls from the refs really did sting especially the Neil penalty after scoring, and the pens players really are great divers. I mean...this is ****ing playoff hockey, enough with this bull**** garbage calls....I do give you guys props though for playing a smart game...but enough with these stupid bull**** calls

UberBroncoMan
04-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Avalanche game is 1-1... dude, if the Aves go up 3-1 this is going to be awesome! Why the hell isn't there more Ave talk in here.

Kid A
04-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Avalanche game is 1-1... dude, if the Aves go up 3-1 this is going to be awesome! Why the hell isn't there more Ave talk in here.

3rd period...can we count on another Shark mistake?! Seriously though, good to see the offense generating something tonight. Much more competitive game than the other night of Sharks vs. Anderson.

ElwayMD
04-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Right now, it looks like you guys will play Washington in the second round if you can get that 4th win. This might be the first time ever that I will be strongly rooting for the Flyers. :)

Yep and it means the Devils are out of the playoffs, eliminating a team that gave the Pens fits in the regular season.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice Caps shout out during the Avs game

Archer81
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Isnt the first round a 5 game series?...Avs win one more time San Jose gets bounced...and thats always nice.

:Broncos:

24champ
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Isnt the first round a 5 game series?...Avs win one more time San Jose gets bounced...and thats always nice.

No it's a 7 game series.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 09:24 PM
No it's a 7 game series.

For reals?...

Snap.

Dukes
04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Another OT. So much for waking up early to go running, oh well.

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Wings with a much needed 3-0 win to tie the series up 2-2.

Baba Booey
04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
All I can do is smile :)

Can't take anything away from you guys, man. You've outplayed us in every game, even game two.

The Devils are an absolute disgrace. I've been reading about how they're "looking in the mirror" or "realizing it's a desperation game" since January when they started slumping.

They're just a bunch of pussies, especially Langenbrunner, the so-called "captain".

I feel bad for Brodeur, Parise, Kovalchuk, Greene, and Zubrus - the only Devils who weren't sopping-wet coochies this entire series.

Flyers clearly wanted it more.

24champ
04-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Sharks actually managed to put one in the Avalanche's net this time in OT.

2-2 series.

Kid A
04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Damn it. Cumisky with the TO, Foote with the screen. At least we played well tonight. Hope we can steal another one in SJ, but I think the Sharks are a heavy favorite again going into a best of 3 situation.

Baba Booey
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Go Avs if the Devils are knocked out

SoCalBronco
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
You don't want any part of this.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/SO5u9-i3T2I/AAAAAAAAEYo/7Wln2X-vU7Q/s1600/crosby-sidney081005getty.jpg

****ing Monster.

chadta
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=526463&navid=DL|PHI|home

Carter, Gagne Both Hurt

both fractured right feet,, both basically done for the year

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=526463&navid=DL|PHI|home

Carter, Gagne Both Hurt

both fractured right feet,, both basically done for the year

Just gut out one more win

maher_tyler
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Avs won't have Hejduk, Mueller or Jones in game 5 but Porter should play. Hejduk should play again at some point the series, this according to the Avs official site.

If we had all 3 of those guys playing, there isn't a doubt in my mind we'd be up 3-1 in this series. All 1-2 line players out of the line up!