PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread 2009/2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

underrated29
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
What up Underrated? SUP DOGGY?

sup chris. hows the kidney?

any other insight about paul pierre or anyone else...?

bronco militia
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Forgot about that, Coach Q is a notorious playoff choker.

How funny would that be if they nab Kovy and then have a first round exit.Ha!

his teams piss their pants when the Wings show up

underrated29
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
wow chicago would be stacked. I would not be for sending our starting youth for kovs. but tucker, jones, svatos---I would be more than fine with that.

The good news though is DET is not going to happen, I like Kovi and would have to hate him if he went there.

bronco militia
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
The Columbus Blue Jackets fired coach Ken Hitchcock on Wednesday and named assistant coach Claude Noel as interim head coach.

General manager Scott Howson announced the firing a day after the Blue Jackets blew a 1-0 lead in a listless 5-1 loss at Colorado. Columbus stands 14th of the 15 teams in the Western Conference with a 22-27-9 record and 53 points

maher_tyler
02-03-2010, 09:04 PM
wow chicago would be stacked. I would not be for sending our starting youth for kovs. but tucker, jones, svatos---I would be more than fine with that.

The good news though is DET is not going to happen, I like Kovi and would have to hate him if he went there.

How could Chicago afford him after getting Hossa this past off season? I could see us sending them Liles, Savtos and like a 3rd round pick. I wish we could unload Tucker on someone..i can't stand seeing him on the PP, like wtf?! He brings ZERO to the table and turns the puck over all the time..i think he's my least favorite Avs player all time. To think, we didn't sign Brunette to sign him! Top 3 dumbest moves in Avs history...trading Drury being #1!

Killericon
02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
How could Chicago afford him after getting Hossa this past off season? I could see us sending them Liles, Savtos and like a 3rd round pick. I wish we could unload Tucker on someone..i can't stand seeing him on the PP, like wtf?! He brings ZERO to the table and turns the puck over all the time..i think he's my least favorite Avs player all time. To think, we didn't sign Brunette to sign him! Top 3 dumbest moves in Avs history...trading Drury being #1!

Hossa's contract is surprisingly cheap against the cap. None of the extensions to the Big Three kick in until after the season, so if you moved say, Buff and Versteeg,you'd clear enough cap room this year to bring him in, then let him walk next year with the extensions kick in.

Trading for Ilya Kovalchuk would actually HELP our cap problems(Go Blackhawks!), which begin next year(in a big way).

PRBronco
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Latest rumour off the intranets is Kovy to Philly, no idea how they'd pull that off, they've got some gross contracts. And still no goaltending.

underrated29
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I hate philly! Hate hate hate.

Hope he doesnt go there, but if he is not here in the west the better.

PRBronco
02-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I hate philly! Hate hate hate.

Hope he doesnt go there, but if he is not here in the west the better.

My thoughts exactly :D

BroncoLifer
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Various outlets now reporting Kovy to the Devils. Still unconfirmed and no details on what goes to ATL.

Bronx33
02-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Various outlets now reporting Kovy to the Devils. Still unconfirmed and no details on what goes to ATL.

It's true..

In exchange, the Thrashers get rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, defenseman Johnny Oduya, prospect Patrice Cormier and a first-round pick in this year's draft.

24champ
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
It's true..

In exchange, the Thrashers get rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, defenseman Johnny Oduya, prospect Patrice Cormier and a first-round pick in this year's draft.

That's a lot for a rental. Kovy isn't going to like playing for Lemaire and will sign with the Kings on 7/1. :thumbsup:

underrated29
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
saw that. The devils sure look good this year too. They are now in serious contention with iyla.

24champ
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/SmurfWithAk/kingsScore.gif

Kings tie the franchise record 8 straight wins! Still in 4th place,

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100205/capt.6ea4d8bb330841c59eddd86be32ae246.ducks_kings_ hockey_las103.jpg

Baba Booey
02-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Kovy!

Once we get completely healthy, look out.

SoCalBronco
02-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Kovy!

Yeah...that's going to be pretty sick. One thing I'm interested to see is how Kovalchuk meshes with the discipline required of a strict 1-2-2 trap team. He might be frustrated not being able to aggressively forecheck.

In any case...it will be difficult for my Penguins to repeat. I think the Caps have taken it to another level this year and with NJ signing more firepower...it will be a tough climb.

Pendejo
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Kovy!

What do you think about what the Devils had to give up to acquire what could very well be a short rental? Do you think they were washing their hands of Cormier...after his recent despicable actions?

Hercules Rockefeller
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Ovy! 12 in a row, 14-2 since being named captain, 14 g, 16a, and +19 in that time frame, back in the lead in the pts race, and his 500th career point last night.

Bronx33
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Ovy! 12 in a row, 14-2 since being named captain, 14 g, 16a, and +19 in that time frame, back in the lead in the pts race, and his 500th career point last night.

Guys like Ovy are why i love hockey.

24champ
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM

Loved that blocked shot vs the Rags. Ovie frickin' rules!

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM

I hate him for not being a Red Wing, but damn that dude can play, he is everything Eric Lindros should have been and he brings back memories of Cam Neely in Boston.

I am so looking forward to seeing him on the Russian olympic team with Datsyuk or Malkin, they are going to take hockey to a level not seen since the Oiler dream teams.

underrated29
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM

He is absolutely disgusting!

24champ
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM

Where are the rest of the Av fans man? Virtually non existent on this board.

I remember talking crap to a lot of Av fans on here for fun, and you guys got a good team. Figured I'd see more of you guys...what gives?

underrated29
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM

I remember talking crap to a lot of Av fans on here for fun, and you guys got a good team. Figured I'd see more of you guys...what gives?

I dont post here too often.

As for others....? No clue- I barely know like 4 people on this site anyhow. Over at the BF we have about 6-8 Avs fans and another 3-4 fans of other teams...

Just not much to go around. People need to watch hockey and realize how great a sport it is.

gyldenlove
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM

The Avs are a hateful team full of vile soulless players.

The only reason they have won games at all this year is because the league favours them, if there was any justice in the world they would be turned into an AHL team and we would never have to hear about them again.

Guess which team I support.

Bronx33
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The Avs are a hateful team full of vile soulless players.

The only reason they have won games at all this year is because the league favours them, if there was any justice in the world they would be turned into an AHL team and we would never have to hear about them again.

Guess which team I support.

huh? i lost my team when the rockies left and had to go teamless for years the best thing was when we got the avs and the NHL back in colorado.

Bronx33
02-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Don't know don't care you wanna talk to avs fans go to HF.

hey buy these and i will go with ya!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TWO-Colorado-Avalanche-Los-Angeles-Kings-Tickets-3-24_W0QQitemZ120526997351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tick ets_all_in_one?hash=item1c0ff80767

Al Wilson
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
How bout the Sens. 11 straight wins and some people (experts my ass) had them not making the playoffs. Great defense/team offense/excellent coaching (Cory Clouston will be in the running for the Jack Adams. And an up and comer in net with Brian Elliott who played college hockey for Wisconsin (who once was one of the top 3 up for the Hoby Baker award if my memory is correct).

:thumbs:

underrated29
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
huh? i lost my team when the rockies left and had to go teamless for years the best thing was when we got the avs and the NHL back in colorado.

He has to be a fairy wings fan.

Because, I think/wish the same thing about them.

You must be a devils fan, I like them too. I root for them when the avs arent on. i wasnt old enough to watch the rockies, but I like all the old school teams.

24champ
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Don't know don't care you wanna talk to avs fans go to HF.

I post on HF regularly. I'll check in on the Avalanche forum part of that site once we start playing each other. Gotta feeling we'll see each other in the playoffs, and I will be talking all kinds of crap. :)

Right now got my hands full with crying Duck fans.;D

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjZr0PdbU-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjZr0PdbU-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

chadta
02-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Gary bettmans gmail account inbox

http://communities.sportsnet.ca/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2042/Bettman.jpg

Bronx33
02-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Anybody watching the pens game?

Kid A
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm on here occasionally. I do find it interesting what a wide range of NHL teams are represented here.

It has been a great Avs season so far. Kind of cooled off the last couple weeks, but still in a dogfight with Vancouver for the division right now. Like the Broncos, it would be nice just to make the playoffs so the young guys get that experience. Unlike the Broncos, let's hope they can actually finish strong down the stretch.

24champ
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Yep. Crosby's a b*tch.

Bronx33
02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
these guys don't like eachother..

Hercules Rockefeller
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Boom!!! Ovy with the hattie.

1st hat trick by a Washington player all season.

#8 would absolutely be running away with the goal and overall scoring lead if he hadn't missed those 8 games because injuries/suspension.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
these guys don't like eachother..

I hate the Pens more than any other team in sports.

Bronx33
02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
i hate the pens more than any other team in sports.

4-4!!

24champ
02-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I thought the interpretation of the broken stick rule was you can't play with a broken stick, and that stick just broke when he made the pass.

I think that was a crappy call.

Bronx33
02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
caps win...

24champ
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Caps win...and I'm off to the SB festivities.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
14 in a row, and 14 pts clear of the Devils (who have 2 games in hand) in the East.

3 and 1 for Ovy, 3 clear of Sid in the goal scoring race and 8 points clear of Henrik Sedin in the pts race.

Bronx33
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
great comeback..

maher_tyler
02-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Gary bettmans gmail account inbox

http://communities.sportsnet.ca/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2042/Bettman.jpg

Hilarious!

maher_tyler
02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I hate the Pens more than any other team in sports.

If every single one of their games wasn't nationally broadcasted it wouldn't be so bad!! Every time there's a game on NBC or VS or NHLN..its the Pens!!

NBC = Nothing But Crosby

Btw..i'm a Avs fan!! And **** you wings fan..

chadta
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
mike comrie is the man

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/hillary-duff-teaches-all-girls-how-to-handle-getting-engaged/

bronco militia
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
mike comrie is the man

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/hillary-duff-teaches-all-girls-how-to-handle-getting-engaged/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Pittsburgh trades a 2nd round pick to Florida for defenseman Jordan Leopold.

SoCalBronco
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Pittsburgh follows up its acquisition of Jordan Leopold with the acquisition of LW Alexei Ponikarovsky from Toronto for prospect Luca Caputi and D Martin Skoula. Caputi is actually a halfway decent prospect, but I'm glad they're getting rid of Skoula. Now that Geno has a serviceable winger, he's production should hopefully go up.

24champ
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Kings win 5-1 over the stars.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100303/capt.aa3d00c6fb544738b32d99ad138ef704.kings_stars_ hockey_dna104.jpg

Quick breaks the Franchise record for most wins in a season by a Goaltender with 36. These Kings have 80 points in 62 games (38-20-4) while last year’s Kings had 79 points in 82 games (34-37-11). Currently have the Coyotes game on, if they lose to the Blues. Then the Kings move into 4th place.

broncocalijohn
03-03-2010, 02:14 AM
I am glad Kings beat the Stars. Ducks play against the AVS at home and going for their 12th home victory in a row. Few points out of the playoff spot.

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
wolski to phoenix. that's a bit of a surprise...for mueller and porter.

bronco militia
03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
http://twitter.com/spectorshockey

Baba Booey
03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
We got Skoula, but I'm not expecting much today from Lamoriello anyway considering he got Kovalchuk.

Lemaire loves Skoula apparently, so we'll see.

underrated29
03-03-2010, 10:47 AM
cant believe we traded WOlly. He was one of my favs and is tearing it up this sseason. He is on pace for like an 80 point year I think. But that was a bit ago.... Still....

Loved the guy.

This imo goes down as 3rd worst day in avs history.

gyldenlove
03-03-2010, 10:57 AM
cant believe we traded WOlly. He was one of my favs and is tearing it up this sseason. He is on pace for like an 80 point year I think. But that was a bit ago.... Still....

Loved the guy.

Mueller can be every bit the player Wolski is and Porter has decent 2nd or 3rd line potential. Stastny is the guy the Avs can't afford to lose.

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2010, 11:41 AM
blockbuster: wings acquire jordan owens for some prospect named newbury. ol' kenny works his trade day magic again! Must be clearing the way for a trade for ovie.

GIGO.

bronco militia
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Veteran center Stephane Yelle returns to Avalanche
By Adrian Dater
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/03/2010 02:35:56 PM MST
Updated: 03/03/2010 02:44:30 PM MST

Former and current Avs forward Stephane Yelle, seen here in 2001. (AP)ANAHEIM, CALIF. — The Avalanche welcomed back an old friend today — Stephane Yelle.

The Avs this afternoon acquired Yelle, who played on two Stanley Cup-winning teams with Colorado, from the Carolina Hurricanes, along with prospect Harrison Reed, in exchange for prospect Cedric-Lalonde McNicholl and a sixth-round choice in this year's NHL draft.

The Avs said the trade had not been finalized officially, but would be later on in the day. Yelle will not be in the lineup for tonight's game with Anaheim.

Yelle was the Avs' third-line center for nearly seven seasons, making valuable contributions to two title teams. He was traded by Colorado in 2003, along with Chris Drury, to the Calgary Flames and has played for two teams since.

Yelle, 35, had four goals and seven points in 59 games for Carolina this season. He played with Boston the previous two seasons. He is in the final year of a contract that pays $550,000

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_14505851#ixzz0h9fBrplv

gyldenlove
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
blockbuster: wings acquire jordan owens for some prospect named newbury. ol' kenny works his trade day magic again! Must be clearing the way for a trade for ovie.

GIGO.

Newbury is like 30, hardly a prospect, they are both minor leaguers. I like that the Wings didn't make any moves, they are set to be able to make some major noise in the offseason with a lot of salary coming off the books and if they can avoid more significant injuries they still have a good team.

Killericon
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Daryl Sutter has lost his mind.

Smiling Assassin27
03-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Newbury is like 30, hardly a prospect, they are both minor leaguers. I like that the Wings didn't make any moves, they are set to be able to make some major noise in the offseason with a lot of salary coming off the books and if they can avoid more significant injuries they still have a good team.

i concur. owens is 23, so the griffins got younger, but that's about all. holland is setting up to re-tool this team in a big way next year with more cap room.

24champ
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Kings significantly improved their 4th line and playoff experience, and are gearing up for the playoffs.

The Los Angeles Kings have acquired veteran forward Jeff Halpern from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

In 55 games this season, the 33-year old Halpern has nine goals and eight assists.

In exchange for Halpern the Lightning get forward Ted Purcell and a third-round draft pick.

The 24-year old Purcell has three goals and three assists in 41 games with the Kings this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312248

The Blue Jackets have tried to trade Fredrik Modin to Los Angeles for a conditional seventh-round pick, the Dispatch has learned. There is some question as to whether the deal was struck before the deadline. Stay tuned.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/03/jackets_trade_modin.shtml

Modin is a Cup winner, and one of the hardest slap shots in the game. Looking forward to watching the stretch run. 8')

24champ
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Avalanche with another solid win vs the Quacks. Down 2-0 and come back to win.

Duchene should win the Calder, becoming a fan of his...he's very good. Mueller also looked good for his first game for the Avalanche.

montrose
03-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Glad to see Mueller score, still not too sure what to make of the trade. So we've got Yip out to injury and Wolski gone with Mueller, Porter and Yelle added to the equation along with Hejduk's return. Should be interesting to see how Sacco handles the lines.

underrated29
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Glad to see Mueller score, still not too sure what to make of the trade. So we've got Yip out to injury and Wolski gone with Mueller, Porter and Yelle added to the equation along with Hejduk's return. Should be interesting to see how Sacco handles the lines.

how long is jonesy out for? I thought it was season, but now I am not so sure. I wonder where he will fit in.

SoCalBronco
03-06-2010, 01:28 PM
PIT 6 DAL 3

Ponikarovsky with his first goal as a Penguin. Sid chips in with 2 goals and an assist to take a 2 goal lead on Ovie in the Rocket Richard race. Still 7 points back in the Art Ross, though. Three wins in a row for the Pens. 1st in the Atlantic by 3 points over the suddenly faltering Devils.

Kid A
03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Just a public service announcement: Chris Stewart is awesome.

Hejduk looking good coming off injury time too.

gyldenlove
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Avalanche with another solid win vs the Quacks. Down 2-0 and come back to win.

Duchene should win the Calder, becoming a fan of his...he's very good. Mueller also looked good for his first game for the Avalanche.

Calder will be:

1. Jimmy Howard
2. Tyler Myers
3. Matt Duchene

SoCalBronco
03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Calder will be:

1. Jimmy Howard
2. Tyler Myers
3. Matt Duchene

Tyler Myers is massive. Man, he's going to be a beast in a few years. Another Chara.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2010, 08:41 PM
PIT 2 BOS 1

Another win for Pittsburgh...that's four in a row after the break. Geno and Poni are starting to develop some chemistry. Flower is starting to shake the rustiness, too. I hope Savard is alright for Boston.

Pittsburgh is up by 5 on NJ now, but the Devils still have 2 games in hand. NJ is just really tanking right now.....not that I'm complaining, its just strange though. They have good players and a proven coach...not sure what the problem is. McNeckbeard...thoughts on your team?

Baba Booey
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
PIT 2 BOS 1

Another win for Pittsburgh...that's four in a row after the break. Geno and Poni are starting to develop some chemistry. Flower is starting to shake the rustiness, too. I hope Savard is alright for Boston.

Pittsburgh is up by 5 on NJ now, but the Devils still have 2 games in hand. NJ is just really tanking right now.....not that I'm complaining, its just strange though. They have good players and a proven coach...not sure what the problem is. McNeckbeard...thoughts on your team?

It just seems like we're playing a system that we don't have the players for. That, and they just can't seem to get in synch with each other. Brodeur played well tonight, but the rest of the team flat-out sucked. The other night against Calgary, though, it was the other way around.

Getting Paul Martin back (possibly Wednesday against the Rangers) will help a ton. The guy eats minutes and is by far our most well-rounded defenseman, not to mention he'll reduce the minutes of turnover specialists Mike Mottau and Colin White. Our fans were clammering for a trade for Hamhuis or Seidenberg, but they don't realize that we're basically getting Martin at the deadline. The return of Clarkson has helped, too, although not necessarily on the scoreboard yet.

Kovalchuk was our best forward tonight. He had a breakaway when it was 1-0 but couldn't bury it. He's shown good chemistry with Elias and Zubrus, so let's hope that line can keep it going into the playoffs. Combine that with the Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line and you have a diesel top six. Rolston, Clarkson, Niedermayer, and Zharkov add some nice depth as well.

If we lose to the Rangers, I'll be worried. They're a team that basically can't do anything right.

The general jist of my thoughts is that yes, we're slumping, but I'm going to reserve judgment until we get our best defenseman back and our full, healthy lineup has gelled a bit. We haven't iced a completely healthy lineup once this year.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
If we lose to the Rangers, I'll be worried. They're a team that basically can't do anything right.

I just wanted to quote this for my friend, Ray Finkle. :~ohyah!:

BTW, thanks for your analysis and insight into the present state of Devils hockey. Even though PIT is up by 5 currently...NJ has absolutely owned us this season. NJ could easily make up basically all the ground just by winning the remaining two games against PIT. Personally...I found it rather odd that NJ would acquire Kovalchuk since Lemaire plays his classic 1-2-2 trap. I agree that it kind of misuses talent when you have a number of studs but they have to play a conservative style.......but Lemaire is a proven winner, 1995 etc. We'll see what happens.

Baba Booey
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to quote this for my friend, Ray Finkle. :~ohyah!:

BTW, thanks for your analysis and insight into the present state of Devils hockey. Even though PIT is up by 5 currently...NJ has absolutely owned us this season. NJ could easily make up basically all the ground just by winning the remaining two games against PIT. Personally...I found it rather odd that NJ would acquire Kovalchuk since Lemaire plays his classic 1-2-2 trap. I agree that it kind of misuses talent when you have a number of studs but they have to play a conservative style.......but Lemaire is a proven winner, 1995 etc. We'll see what happens.

Well we traded our Penguin-killer, Bergfors, in the deal for Kovalchuk. You guys should be fine now haha.

Figures Bergfors has like five ****in goals since we traded him.

Mogulseeker
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I've avoided this thread because I've really been too busy to follow pro hockey.

That, and I'm getting into college hockey a lot seeing that my school is the favorite to win the NCAA championship, and two of our players are Hobey Baker finalists (Forward Rhett Rakhshani and Goalie Marc Cheverie).

I just found out that the Av's traded Wolski. I'm pissed.

Mogulseeker
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Loved the guy.

Forsberg losing his spleen being number 1
Forsberg and Foote leaving the Avs after the 2003 season being number 2

Kid A
03-08-2010, 08:47 PM

From what I've read, the front office/coaching staff wasn't crazy about his consistency and work ethic and didn't see him in the long term plans. I think he may have only had a year left on his contract?

Anyway, the trade wasn't necessarily for equal value, it was to get something for him while they still could get trade value. And I think Mueller has a ton of potential if he can reach his rookie year level. He has already looked very strong on our PP, which we needed help on.

So, not a trade I was crazy about either when I saw it go down, but I can see the thinking and Mueller seems like he can be a part of the young core we are building. This certainly doesn't rank near losing Forsberg or trading Drury in terms of personnel moves.

bronco militia
03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I've avoided this thread because I've really been too busy to follow pro hockey.

That, and I'm getting into college hockey a lot seeing that my school is the favorite to win the NCAA championship, and two of our players are Hobey Baker finalists (Forward Rhett Rakhshani and Goalie Marc Cheverie).

he had only scored 2 goals in the last 25 games and only 2 goals life time in 150 powerplays. The avs were not going to pay him top 5 forward money in arbitration next year, so they unloaded him now.

24champ
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Kings throttle the Jackets...6-0.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0a/fullj.50913f7756851c1fd35238a92e033ca0/50913f7756851c1fd35238a92e033ca0-getty-90961327sd001_columbus_blue.jpg

Baba Booey
03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I like the Kings. I hope they do well in the playoffs.

Unless, of course, we meet them in the finals.

24champ
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I like the Kings. I hope they do well in the playoffs.

Unless, of course, we meet them in the finals.

A lot of people don't seem to mind the Kings, that will change once we start knocking teams out of the playoffs.

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Chris Chelios is headed back to the show.

The 48-year-old defenseman has been called up by the Atlanta Thrashers, general manager Don Waddell told ESPN.com Wednesday.

Chelios had 22 points (5 goals, 17 assists) in 46 games with the AHL's Chicago Wolves this season. He signed an NHL deal with the Thrashers on March 2. The Wolves are Atlanta's primary AHL affiliate.

The Chicago native last played in the NHL last May 27 with the Detroit Red Wings against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals.

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
The Chelisaurus is not extinct yet.

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Chelios broke into the NHL the same year John Elway was a rookie in Denver.

24champ
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
What are the “conditions” for the conditional seventh-round pick involved in the Kings-Columbus trade for Fredrik Modin? In my post-deadline conversation with him, Dean Lombardi had mentioned it being tied to the number of games Modin played, but it appears that Tom Reed of the Columbus Dispatch has found the answer. In a blog post (http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/03/modin_conditions_learned.shtml), Reed reports that Columbus will only get the seventh-round pick if the Kings win the Stanley Cup this season.

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=4506

Going to suck giving up the last pick in the NHL Draft...oh well. Guess I will live. ROFL!

Bronx33
03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
The Chelisaurus is not extinct yet.

:rofl:

Bronx33
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
My avs pissed me off last night ( sitting on a lead) nuff said.

Baba Booey
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Devils-Rangers tonight at the Rock. Uh oh.

24champ
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
My avs pissed me off last night ( sitting on a lead) nuff said.

I liked it. Still behind the Kings.8')

Hercules Rockefeller
03-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Caps can become the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot (and their division) tonight if Columbus beats Atlanta. They can clinch themselves with a win tomorrow night, and even an OTL would give them 100 pts for the season.

gyldenlove
03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Would it be a surprise if Steve Yzerman takes over as GM in Ottawa in a year or two?

He has family ties there and grew up in a suburb to Ottawa, he is obviously a Canadian hero bringing home the Olympic gold and he has a rink named after him in Ottawa.

I don't see him leaving for just any team, he can wait in Detroit until he gets an offer he likes, I don't think he is going to a WC team, and I am not sure he would go to another original 6 team, Toronto is like a death sentence, the Bruins owners are too stingy and the Rangers are too far from anything to be interesting although he would have a bigger pile of cash to play with and more media attention, Montreal is very nice but a horrible hockey town, the fans and media run everybody out of town.

To me the options seem to be Ottawa, Philly, Washington and an outside shot for the Rangers.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Chris Chelios is headed back to the show.

The 48-year-old defenseman has been called up by the Atlanta Thrashers, general manager Don Waddell told ESPN.com Wednesday.

Chelios had 22 points (5 goals, 17 assists) in 46 games with the AHL's Chicago Wolves this season. He signed an NHL deal with the Thrashers on March 2. The Wolves are Atlanta's primary AHL affiliate.

The Chicago native last played in the NHL last May 27 with the Detroit Red Wings against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals.

If you're a former all-star, it's time to retire by the time your playing in the AHL.

Bronco Boy
03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
State HS hockey tournament is going on this weekend here in St. Paul. I live walking distance from the Xcel Energy Center so I plan to go check out some games this weekend. Also there's a big hockey expo on Sat, should be able to get some swag!

Bronx33
03-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Avs-3 Panthers-0

24champ
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Quick had to go to LA to be with his wife, since they are having a baby. So Bernier gets called up to the LA Kings for tomorrow nights game vs the Stars in Dallas. Unknown if he will get the start. Hope he does.

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://kings.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=731&id=62504"></iframe>

Baba Booey
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
State HS hockey tournament is going on this weekend here in St. Paul. I live walking distance from the Xcel Energy Center so I plan to go check out some games this weekend. Also there's a big hockey expo on Sat, should be able to get some swag!

I always watch Minny HS hockey whenever they have it on Fox Sports-whatever. It's obviously very legit hockey.

Baba Booey
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Quick had to go to LA to be with his wife, since they are having a baby. So Bernier gets called up to the LA Kings for tomorrow nights game vs the Stars in Dallas. Unknown if he will get the start. Hope he does.

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://kings.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=731&id=62504"></iframe>

You guys obviously just committed to Quick long-term with that contract. How bout dealing us Bernier so he can learn the ropes behind Brodeur for a couple years and then take the reigns? :wiggle:

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
If you're a former all-star, it's time to retire by the time your playing in the AHL.

Props to Chelios....at 48 years old, he is playing for the love of the game.

Dude works his ass off to keep himself in top shape.

SouthStndJunkie
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Would it be a surprise if Steve Yzerman takes over as GM in Ottawa in a year or two?

He has family ties there and grew up in a suburb to Ottawa, he is obviously a Canadian hero bringing home the Olympic gold and he has a rink named after him in Ottawa.

I don't see him leaving for just any team, he can wait in Detroit until he gets an offer he likes, I don't think he is going to a WC team, and I am not sure he would go to another original 6 team, Toronto is like a death sentence, the Bruins owners are too stingy and the Rangers are too far from anything to be interesting although he would have a bigger pile of cash to play with and more media attention, Montreal is very nice but a horrible hockey town, the fans and media run everybody out of town.

To me the options seem to be Ottawa, Philly, Washington and an outside shot for the Rangers.

As a Red Wings fan, it would be weird seeing Stevie Y affiliated with any other NHL team.

24champ
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
You guys obviously just committed to Quick long-term with that contract. How bout dealing us Bernier so he can learn the ropes behind Brodeur for a couple years and then take the reigns? :wiggle:

For Parise...right?;D

Baba Booey
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
For Parise...right?;D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSJkMBMEwPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSJkMBMEwPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

24champ
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Your GM Lou would laugh his ass off at that proposal as well.

But seriously, I don't know who is the goalie of the future. Bernier is only 20 yrs old, and Quick is 24-25. Plus I don't know what kind of goalie Quick is in the playoffs, when the pressure is on. It's a whole different game in the playoffs.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Your GM Lou would laugh his ass off at that proposal as well.

But seriously, I don't know who is the goalie of the future. Bernier is only 20 yrs old, and Quick is 24-25. Plus I don't know what kind of goalie Quick is in the playoffs, when the pressure is on. It's a whole different game in the playoffs.

Yeah....a year or two ago you were going to change your handle to BernierNextFlower and now the guy's not even going to be your regular starter.

24champ
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah....a year or two ago you were going to change your handle to BernierNextFlower and now the guy's not even going to be your regular starter.

He's only 20 man, he is already a premier goalie in the AHL. His time is coming in the big leagues...and when it does, the Kings will have a major decision to make.

gyldenlove
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
How the hell did Colin Campbell **** up suspending Matt Cooke? All he had to do was hand him a 5 or 10 game suspension for intend to injure and be done with it, instead he set up the next Pens Bruins game to be a gorefest.

I would be very surprised if the Bruins don't take a few really cheap shots at Crosby.

24champ
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
How the hell did Colin Campbell **** up suspending Matt Cooke? All he had to do was hand him a 5 or 10 game suspension for intend to injure and be done with it, instead he set up the next Pens Bruins game to be a gorefest.

I would be very surprised if the Bruins don't take a few really cheap shots at Crosby.

If I was the Bruins, I would call up a couple minor league goons and stick them on the 4th line, and take out Crosby.

Sweep the leg Johnny!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/TheOMan/sweeptheleg9jv.jpg

gyldenlove
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
If I was the Bruins, I would call up a couple minor league goons and stick them on the 4th line, and take out Crosby.

Sweep the leg Johnny!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/TheOMan/sweeptheleg9jv.jpg

Yup, that is pretty much what I would do too.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
First round of the NCAA playoffs.

DU Pioneers 2-1 win over Michigan Tech in WCHA Round one... one step close to the WCHA final five.

I feel really good about this DU team. Ranked #1 in the nation right now, and they have the league's top scorer (Rhett Rakhshani), top goalie (Marc Cheverie) and arguably the best defenseman in Patrick Wiercioch.

24champ
03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
DU looks great, I'll be at the game tomorrow.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
DU looks great, I'll be at the game tomorrow.

We should grab a beer afterward

Baba Booey
03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Devils-Pens tonight was ****ing epic. Best part of the game had to be Clarkson pointing to Cooke in the penalty box after Cookie beat up "heavyweight" Rob Niedermayer.

Clarkson later challenged Cooke and he wouldn't fight him. Big surprise there.

Bronx33
03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
The wings/sabres game should be good.

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
depends on whether miller plays in goal or not. his bro's gonna get the hat trick tonight. ;)

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Wings with a big win tonight 3-2 in OT over Buffalo.

Olympian Brian Rafalski scored on fellow Olympian Ryan Miller for the game winner.

Baba Booey
03-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Lol...we beat the bag out of the Rangers and then play one of our best games of the season against the Penguins, only to lose to the Islanders tonight. I can't help but find this hilarious.

The good news is we're getting Paul Martin back by the weekend.

Wednesday against the Pens the Devils will be wearing their "Christmas Tree" jerseys for the first time since '91-'92. NHL.com is selling them, so I took the liberty of ordering a Brodeur one for myself. They look pretty ****ing sharp:

http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p7159782dt.jpg

Brodeur's also got a special mask planned for the game, similar to the one he wore in his rookie year, which is the last year the Devils wore these jerseys:

http://cdn.nhl.com/devils/images/upload/2007/06/9brodeurbrilliance.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 11:02 PM
That is a pretty sharp looking jersey.

Mogulseeker
03-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Pioneers on to the second round of the NCAA playoffs.

Baba Booey
03-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Pioneers on to the second round of the NCAA playoffs.

Hopefuly UNH (the school I currently attend) makes it into the tourney. We won Hockey East this year but we're gonna have to win the conference tournament in order to get to the national one.

Right now we're tied 1-1 with Vermont going into tonight's game.

bronco militia
03-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Air Force sweeps Army for spot in Atlantic Hockey semifinals

http://www.gazette.com/sports/third-95661-force-air.html

Bronx33
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Amazing come back by the caps...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Amazing come back by the caps...

They looked like crap for 2 periods. They're 5-1-1 since the break and still look completely disinterested half the time. Same thing happened last year too after they clinched the SE.

They've lost only 6 games this year by 2 or more, so they're never out of it.

Bronx33
03-14-2010, 02:38 PM
avs beat the stars 5-3

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 02:43 PM
avs beat the stars 5-3

I watched a little of the game and the Avs look sharp. The stars are not a very good team.

chadta
03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
now i hate cindy as much as anybody, but boy am i glad downie isnt on the flyers anymore, i mean WOW, does it get much more dirty then this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeh3tyUL10

bronco militia
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
now i hate cindy as much as anybody, but boy am i glad downie isnt on the flyers anymore, i mean WOW, does it get much more dirty then this.

+1

holy crap...eat your heart out Todd Bertuzzi

Bronx33
03-14-2010, 04:45 PM

I have no idea how that **** in still in the big leagues.

maher_tyler
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I watched a little of the game and the Avs look sharp. The stars are not a very good team.

It was a pretty close game...Dallas was up 3-2 at one point! I don't think they're a bad team, just not consistent enough! Huge 2 points for the Avs though! They need to keep winning..i don't want to play SJ or Chicago in the first round!

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Kinda upset that Ovie only got a 2 game suspension. He needs to quit acting like a thug. If the league keeps letting him get off for trying to injure people he's never going to change. In any case, hoepfully Sid can get a couple goals the next few games to put some distance between himself and Ovie on the Rocket Richard. I think Henrik Sedin is only a few back on the Art Ross so hopefully he can take that from Ovie, too, although its unlikely.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Kinda upset that Ovie only got a 2 game suspension. He needs to quit acting like a thug. If the league keeps letting him get off for trying to injure people he's never going to change. In any case, hoepfully Sid can get a couple goals the next few games to put some distance between himself and Ovie on the Rocket Richard. I think Henrik Sedin is only a few back on the Art Ross so hopefully he can take that from Ovie, too, although its unlikely.

Oh whatever SoCal, get off your high ****ing horse. That was a reckless play by Ovechkin but he wasn't trying to hurt Campbell. If you want to talk about intent to injure look no further than Matt Cooke from your own damn team. There was absolutely nothing clean about going for Savard's head. How long was Cooke's suspension again?

Ovechkin's play was reckless, stupid, and deserving of a major, but Campbell exacerbated the situation by watching his pass and not preparing himself to be checked.

What's really ****ing funny is that Ovechkin is having such a great year, it's going to take him missing 10 games through injuries/suspensions for anyone to come close to his goal and point totals, and even then, he's still probably going to win the Art Ross this season, maybe the Richard too.

24champ
03-15-2010, 07:44 PM

This is coming from a fan of the team that employs Matt Cooke. :rofl:

Get real.

SouthStndJunkie
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Detroit and Calgary tied up 1-1 late in the 3rd period.

SouthStndJunkie
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Tomas Holmstrom tips one in for his 20th goal on the year to give Detroit a 2-1 lead with 1:19 left in the 3rd period.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh whatever SoCal, get off your high ****ing horse. That was a reckless play by Ovechkin but he wasn't trying to hurt Campbell. If you want to talk about intent to injure look no further than Matt Cooke from your own damn team. There was absolutely nothing clean about going for Savard's head. How long was Cooke's suspension again?

When did I ever defend Matt Cooke? I think he should have gotten 10 games for what he did to Savard. Where have I said anything to the contrary? I agree that it was completely dirty and he should have been punished severely (BTW so should Downie....I was more than a little bit disappointed that Orpik didn't make him pay after he tried to figure-four Crosby).

The fact is that your boy is CONSISTENTLY reckless in his play. And he's a coward. He thinks he's tough? Ok....let's see him prove it. I'd like to see him get into a fight with Laraque or Colton Orr or one of those guys. One of these days Ovechkin is going to get it. There's alot of people out there that think he's a punk and a thug for the stuff he likes to do. He's gotten Gonchar seriously hurt at least twice, now. I'd love to see him get put in his place. BTW....if you don't think this type of repeated activity will have any bearing on things like the Hart voting....you'll be in for a surprise. Between being an asshole to camerawomen and a dick on the ice...I don't think you'll see as many suckoff pieces from the Scott Burnside's of the world. Ovechkin would be wise to take a step back a little.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 08:59 PM
This is coming from a fan of the team that employs Matt Cooke. :rofl:

Get real.

Once again...as I said to Herc...I absolutely do not condone what Cooke did and I feel he should have been suspended for 10 games, at least. I have never said anything in support of Cooke's action.

Not that I expect you guys to do anything other than shoot first and ask questions later, though.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Considering Burnside has written 2 suckoff pieces since the hit, I think Ovy will be ok.

The saddest part about all this, it's so ****ing transparent why you wished it for longer. It's not because you think he's dirty, reckless, etc., you love this because you know it's Sid's only shot at winning the Richard, coming close in the Art Ross, and therefore have any shot at the Hart. We all know that's why you wish it was for longer.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Once again...as I said to Herc...I absolutely do not condone what Cooke did and I feel he should have been suspended for 10 games, at least. I have never said anything in support of Cooke's action.

Not that I expect you guys to do anything other than shoot first and ask questions later, though.

Funny, Champ and Gyldenlove both mentioned how dirty Cooke's hit was in this very thread, I must have missed your response saying you agreed with them and thought it should have been for 10 games.

No one believes your half-assed indictment of Cooke after the fact in order to give yourself some credibility with Ovechkin.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Considering Burnside has written 2 suckoff pieces since the hit, I think Ovy will be ok.

The saddest part about all this, it's so ****ing transparent why you wished it for longer. It's not because you think he's dirty, reckless, etc., you love this because you know it's Sid's only shot at winning the Richard, coming close in the Art Ross, and therefore have any shot at the Hart. We all know that's why you wish it was for longer.

His only shot? I wonder how Ovie would do playing with absolute garbage on his line night in and night out? Must be nice having your world class talent complemented by a great player like Backstrom and a guy that can constantly bank in the rebounds like Knuble. Please don't pretend that Ovechkin is ahead because he's just playing better than Crosby. Crosby plays with ****. Bill Guerin and Chris Kunitz are flat out garbage. You are right that I want my favorite player to win things......god forbid I would want that. Guess what? You want your favorite player to win things, too....and guess what...I DO think Ovechkin is dirty. I think most NHL fans would give him a break the first 5 times he got people injured. After that...it stretches even the outer boundaries of credulity to keep making excuses for him and it has nothing to do with the "passion" in his game as alot of you guys like to suggest. That's not what makes him do all this stuff. He can be just as passionate without being a thug. It's not that hard. There are alot of players out there that play with a ton of energy without resorting to this crap and you KNOW IT.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/3488318287_a52f8c7ee4.jpg?v=0

24champ
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DanElHombre/smilies/piss2.gifCindy Crosby

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Funny, Champ and Gyldenlove both mentioned how dirty Cooke's hit was in this very thread, I must have missed your response saying you agreed with them and thought it should have been for 10 games.

No one believes your half-assed indictment of Cooke after the fact in order to give yourself some credibility with Ovechkin.

OH NOES!!! I didn't mention how dirty I thought Cooke's hit was in THIS THREAD, therefore my whole position is gone. Wow. Seriously. As if I have to spell out my views on every hockey issue in this thread. There's alot of times the Penguins play and things happen (good and bad) and I don't race into the thread with a post. Just so you know, I did indicate at the time that I hoped Savard was ok...but ofcourse you neglected to mention that...I'm sure out of pure coincidence. Do you see me condemning you as being happy that Crosby almost got seriously hurt simply because you didn't say something bad about Downie? No.

Credibility? It's not like you would ever believe anything I said on this issue, anyway. You're a Caps fan. By your own admission you hate the Penguins more than any other team in sports (and by extension, Penguins fans presumably). There's absolutely nothing I could have ever done or said that would somehow bring me credibility on Ovechkin/Caps/hockey with a hard core Capitals fan.

ElwayMD
03-15-2010, 09:41 PM

I'm pretty sure Sid would prefer to hoist the cup again and let Ovie get all his trophies.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
DIRECTV and Versus have finally reached an agreement. It's about time.

Baba Booey
03-16-2010, 12:16 AM
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Phoenix+Coyotes+v+New+Jersey+Devils+rLtNBLrL2yZl.j pg

Ovechkin and Crosby? Who needs 'em?

SoCalBronco
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
It would be most preferable if we didn't see the Devils in the playoffs. Jeez.....we simply cannot beat that team. 0 for 6. If we could have just won a couple of those games, the Division race would be over now....but its tied and NJ has a slight advantage due to a game in hand. I still think Pittsburgh will end up winning the division...although only barely. The basis for that opinion is that the Penguins have really turned it up a notch (outside of the two Devils games recently) during the stretch run...in large part due to the additions of Ponikarovsky and Leopold. We'll see how it finishes up.

ElwayMD
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
It would be most preferable if we didn't see the Devils in the playoffs. Jeez.....we simply cannot beat that team. 0 for 6. If we could have just won a couple of those games, the Division race would be over now....but its tied and NJ has a slight advantage due to a game in hand. I still think Pittsburgh will end up winning the division...although only barely. The basis for that opinion is that the Penguins have really turned it up a notch (outside of the two Devils games recently) during the stretch run...in large part due to the additions of Ponikarovsky and Leopold. We'll see how it finishes up.

For whatever reason Brodeur brings his A game when he plays the Pens.

SouthStndJunkie
03-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Wings get a much needed 3-1 victory over Pittsburgh tonight.

Baba Booey
03-22-2010, 09:33 PM

You can't beat us:yayaya:

I was at the St. Patty's day game. What an atmosphere. Throwback jerseys, division implications/rivalry, everyone's BAC, etc.

I cannot imagine what it will be like if we meet you guys in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure it'd be alot tougher to blank you in a playoff series.

24champ
03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Kings beat the Avs 4-3 in OT.

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 06:49 AM

it was a good game...too bad the zebras called a lame penalty in OT.

Smiling Assassin27
03-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Wings get a much needed 3-1 victory over Pittsburgh tonight.

Good to see the wings get the job done with Malkin not on the ice for the Pens. 2 points back of the #7 spot and 4 out of the #5 spot. :thumbs:

Truthfully, it could've been 4 or 5-1 and Zetterberg managed to get Crosby so frustrated last night that Sid did his typical last second of the game cross-check. Good rivalry between those two starting to develop.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2010, 08:33 AM

I watched a lot of that game and Galliardi really saved his own azz with that last second goal.

Avs got one point which they need. If they don't really start putting some wins together they are going to be playing golf pretty soon.

Avs power play sucks.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
WSH 4 PIT 3 (SO)

Didn't get to see this game as I came home late. Seems Sid and Ovie have been kinda quiet on the scoresheet, lately. I'm glad we got a point....but I was hoping for a win. Seems like there could be a second round rematch if NJ edges PIT for the division title.

Kid A
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Same match-up, late tying goal, very similar result, this time for the good guys. After jumping to the lead the Avs didn't do much of anything until the shootout. Huge two points, but they need to play better with a lead.

Red Wings won't cool off, IMO, so we need to keep rooting against the Flames. And maybe we can play well enough to keep Nashville and/or LA below us at the end.

24champ
03-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Avs barely win thanks to some steel pipe, and got a couple lucky bounces their way.

Good comeback by the Kings, keeps us in 5th place. One thing in the Kings favor is that the Kings have a game or two in hand over most of the Western Conference teams.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Caps are slowly getting closer to clinching the East after last night's win. Caps sit at 108 pts now, the Pens can only max out at 107 and both Buffalo and NJ can get to 110. If Buffalo hadn't come back and scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes to tie it and then won in a shootout, the Caps could conceivably have clinched the East tonight with a win in Carolina and a loss by NJ before any other team in the NHL had clinched a playoff spot.

They need 12 pts over the final 9 games to win the President's Trophy.

Grumps
03-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Avs barely win thanks to some steel pipe, and got a couple lucky bounces their way.

Good comeback by the Kings, keeps us in 5th place. One thing in the Kings favor is that the Kings have a game or two in hand over most of the Western Conference teams.

The lame ass penalty call with 2 mins left in the 3rd didn't hurt the King's either.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring Rankings:

26-50
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11968/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring20102650/

11-25
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11973/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring20101125/

1-10
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11979/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring2010110/

gyldenlove
03-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Same match-up, late tying goal, very similar result, this time for the good guys. After jumping to the lead the Avs didn't do much of anything until the shootout. Huge two points, but they need to play better with a lead.

Red Wings won't cool off, IMO, so we need to keep rooting against the Flames. And maybe we can play well enough to keep Nashville and/or LA below us at the end.

Red Wings are 9-2-1 in their last 12, they are getting into gear just at the right time to do some damage in the playoffs.

bronco militia
03-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Red Wings are 9-2-1 in their last 12, they are getting into gear just at the right time to do some damage in the playoffs.

hopefully the wings can leap frog the avs and match up with Vancouver early....I think the Canucks are going all the way

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2010, 08:10 AM

Both the Avs and the Kings walk away with 3 points in two games. I was disappointed the Avs gave up that late goal as it really gives the Kings an advantage in the playoff hunt with their 11 remaining games (or 10 now).

Mueller has been a nice suprise. I'm really hoping the Avs can make a serious run and get to the playoffs. They are a very young team with lots of upside.

24champ
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring Rankings:

26-50
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11968/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring20102650/

11-25
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11973/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring20101125/

1-10
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11979/hockeys_future_top50_prospects_spring2010110/

Kings have 2 top 10 prospects. Excellent.

Though I think Bernier blows everyone away next season, he should have started for the team this year, but management already picked Quick to start the season due to the fact Quick already has NHL experience. I really believe Bernier is going to take the Kings to the next level...aka Stanley Cup runs.

24champ
03-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Both the Avs and the Kings walk away with 3 points in two games. I was disappointed the Avs gave up that late goal as it really gives the Kings an advantage in the playoff hunt with their 11 remaining games (or 10 now).

Mueller has been a nice suprise. I'm really hoping the Avs can make a serious run and get to the playoffs. They are a very young team with lots of upside.

I am hoping we play the Avalanche in the first round. I want to stay away from Vancouver and Nashville...they have given us fits.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
8 games remain (6 H and 2 A), 2 points clinches the East and 9 clinches the President's Trophy.

24champ
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
hopefully the wings can leap frog the avs and match up with Vancouver early....I think the Canucks are going all the way

Canucks vs Caps. Cup final is my prediction.

Then again I probably jinxed those two, I always pick the Sharks the last 5 years and they always choke.Ha!

gyldenlove
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Right now that 7 spot looks juicy with a 1st round matchup against Phoenix.

Right now my prediction is Blackhawks beating New Jersey for the cup.

Baba Booey
03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Awful loss to the Rangers last night

LetsGoBroncos
03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Right now that 7 spot looks juicy with a 1st round matchup against Phoenix.

Right now my prediction is Blackhawks beating New Jersey for the cup.

I think the Blackhawks are great, but I just can't see them winning the cup with that goaltending situation

Bronx33
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
The lame ass penalty call with 2 mins left in the 3rd didn't hurt the King's either.

yep...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5028185

So who has Insider and the time to post the results?

Bronx33
03-26-2010, 04:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5028185

So who has Insider and the time to post the results?

Not 100% on this but this is what i found without having a insider account ( there is always a way around that)

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/thread/20617999

SouthStndJunkie
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Wings with another big win on Saturday over Nashville.

5 wins in a row and sitting in the 6th playoff spot right now.

It's looking like Calgary may be the odd team out.

Bronx33
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Well theres another koharski working the minors..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVGMgFC3GJQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVGMgFC3GJQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

gyldenlove
03-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I think the Blackhawks are great, but I just can't see them winning the cup with that goaltending situation

After Cam Ward won it with Carolina I am not so sold on needing a big time goalie to win anymore, Chicago has the best combination of speed, grit and skill in the WC and they are strong up and down the lineup aside from the goalie position.

Mogulseeker
03-28-2010, 02:21 PM
By the way **** RIT!

Broncojef
03-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Wings with another big win on Saturday over Nashville.

5 wins in a row and sitting in the 6th playoff spot right now.

It's looking like Calgary may be the odd team out.

Calgary is falling apart as a team, playing terrible hockey and has a tough schedule remaning. I think the teams in right now will just be jockeying for
position the final few games.

SouthStndJunkie
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
The Wings are getting on a roll at the right time.

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
The Wings are getting on a roll at the right time.

7 points in 6 games will give them 100 points for the year, pretty good considering they were fighting for the 8th spot for so long.

SoCalBronco
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Pittsburgh re-signs young defenseman Kris Letang to a 4 year deal worth 3.5m per year.

24champ
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Jonathan Bernier notches his first shut out of his young career over the Predators. Whom the Kings were previously 0-7 against. Earned him the No.1 Star in the NHL tonight.

No. 1 star: Jonathan Bernier (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3993/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3993/news), Los Angeles Kings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/los/) The Kings haven't had much luck lately (four straight losses) and they never win in Nashville (seven straight losses to Preds), so they rolled the dice and let Bernier make his sixth career start in a critical late-season game. The result: both losing streaks ended and Bernier registered his first career shutout in a 2-0 Los Angeles win (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2010033027) that reduced the Kings' playoff magic number to six. Bernier (34 saves) made 15 stops in the second period alone while the game was deadlocked 0-0. Bernier, who was recalled just Monday from Manchester of the AHL, earned himself a longer stay with the Kings. "He's going to be on that plane," coach Terry Murray told LAKingsinsider.com (http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=5125#more-5125).

2-0 with a 0.48 GAA this season.

Baba Booey
03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9u81Jq20g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9u81Jq20g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kid A
04-01-2010, 06:19 AM
I know the Avs want to get attendance numbers back up, but do they really have to emulate the Broncos in every way? The terrible preseason predictions, the insanely hot start, the late season swoon...this is all feeling too familiar.

bronco militia
04-01-2010, 07:41 AM
I know the Avs want to get attendance numbers back up, but do they really have to emulate the Broncos in every way? The terrible preseason predictions, the insanely hot start, the late season swoon...this is all feeling too familiar.

the nuggets are in a free fall too

there must be something in the water.....

Broncojef
04-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Calgary/Avs
Wings/Preds

Should be some good western hockey this weekend. Go Wings!!

24champ
04-01-2010, 10:46 PM
King sized rout...LA beats Vancouver 8-3. Luongo allowed all 8 goals. :giggle:

Bernier wins his 3rd straight game, is 3-0-0, 1.30 GAA on the season.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ba/fullj.af2c349a08cc7a07383a4ed8f367e176/af2c349a08cc7a07383a4ed8f367e176-getty-90955067hh007_vancouver_can.jpg

Baba Booey
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Good. Screw Luongo.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Good. Screw Luongo.

Luongo just royally ****ed me in my playoffs, especially after the 5-spot Anderson gave up the other night.

Magic # is 3 for the Caps for the President's Trophy.

bronco militia
04-02-2010, 09:32 PM
cough, cough......the collapse is almost complete.

the avs are in a free fall

Baba Booey
04-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Devils continue to amaze me with these last-minute collapses followed by a shootout loss.

SouthStndJunkie
04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Big game today between Nashville and Detroit.

It would be nice to move into the 5th spot in the West....I think I'd rather see the Wings start out with Phoenix over Vancouver in the 1st round.

Bronx33
04-03-2010, 09:20 AM

yep......

Baba Booey
04-03-2010, 11:24 AM

It would be nice to move into the 5th spot in the West....I think I'd rather see the Wings start out with Phoenix over Vancouver in the 1st round.

To be honest I think the Wings could beat either team rather easily.

Bronx33
04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
To be honest I think the Wings could beat either team rather easily.

there games have always been pretty close so i don't know about the easy part.

Baba Booey
04-03-2010, 01:12 PM
there games have always been pretty close so i don't know about the easy part.

I only say that because the Wings are healthy now and appear to be their normal playoff selves.

24champ
04-03-2010, 01:43 PM

No one in the playoffs wants to face the Wings...no one. They are on a roll.

Baba Booey
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for nothing, Thrashers. God damnit.

24champ
04-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Was at the game, some Calgary fans there....thought it was interesting they were STILL talking crap about the Olympics and one guy was waving this huge Canadian flag around...

Anyways not looking good for the Avalanche playoffs hopes with their remaining schedule.

Avs are freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....free falling....

Baba Booey
04-03-2010, 01:56 PM
If we lose to Carolina tonight I'm going to commit a rash of felonies.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for nothing, Thrashers. God damnit.

:)

Eh....they had it coming. They were outplayed the whole game by Pittsburgh...but Hedberg was outstanding.

maher_tyler
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Calgary lost..time for the Avs to get their **** together!!

24champ
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
1-0 Sharks already.

Edit 2-0 a few seconds later. Wow.

Kid A
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Calgary lost..time for the Avs to get their **** together!!

Not happening so far. God, when was the last time we scored first? Feels like years.

Kid A
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
2-2. I'm starting to really like Mueller. That trade might turn out to be a big winner for us after all...

Kid A
04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
3-2. Mueller again!

maher_tyler
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
3-2. Mueller again!

After they took that 2-0 lead i thought we were mailing it in yet again..glad i was wrong..pray we can hold on for the "W"! If we get this win...Calgary has to win 2 of there last 3 games to get in and hope we lose all of our games..to include the game we have against edmonton!

Kid A
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Blew a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. And Rob Blake just killed Mueller. Knowing our injury luck he's out for a month.

Baba Booey
04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice tip by Liles. Parise-esque.

SoCalBronco
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Herc....what's wrong with Ovie?

Seems like he hasn't been himself the last 10 games or so.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-05-2010, 05:04 AM
No clue, both he and Backstrom haven't done much since the Olympic break ended. Hopefully it has more to do with the Caps not really having much to play for because of how big their points lead was and the inevitability they'd win the East and the President's Trophy, and not a lingering injury that no one is being told about.

maher_tyler
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Blew a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. And Rob Blake just killed Mueller. Knowing our injury luck he's out for a month.

That hit by Blake was pretty cheap!! Better be a 1-2 game suspension!! I was hoping we would pair Foote and Hannan to go up against that top line of SJ..we never did though. Both of their 3rd period goals were scored by that line!!

bronco militia
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night's game against the Canucks in Vancouver.

Mueller, who scored two goals in the Avs' crucial 5-4 overtime victory over San Jose Sunday, was injured late in the third period when Sharks captain Rob Blake shoved him into the boards.

Mueller had to be helped off the ice and never returned to the game.

Mueller, who had 20 points in his first 15 games with the Avs, did not suffer injuries to his shoulder or leg, as first feared.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_14823184#ixzz0kFpYW2tf

24champ
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night's game against the Canucks in Vancouver.

Mueller, who scored two goals in the Avs' crucial 5-4 overtime victory over San Jose Sunday, was injured late in the third period when Sharks captain Rob Blake shoved him into the boards.

Mueller had to be helped off the ice and never returned to the game.

Mueller, who had 20 points in his first 15 games with the Avs, did not suffer injuries to his shoulder or leg, as first feared.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_14823184#ixzz0kFpYW2tf

That's real unfortunate, seemed like Mueller was carrying the Avs on his back down the stretch...and now this. Not good, he already had a concussion when he was with the Coyotes early on. Also not good that Mueller is developing a history of concussions. I don't expect he will play for the rest of the season and is a big IF for the playoffs.

bronco militia
04-05-2010, 01:19 PM
That's real unfortunate, seemed like Mueller was carrying the Avs on his back down the stretch...and now this. Not good, he already had a concussion when he was with the Coyotes early on. Also not good that Mueller is developing a history of concussions. I don't expect he will play for the rest of the season and is a big IF for the playoffs.

we'll see......I thought he broke a collarbone or separated a shoulder

24champ
04-06-2010, 12:42 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9u81Jq20g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9u81Jq20g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/byJj7MJwQ_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/byJj7MJwQ_c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Baba Booey
04-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Haha that's a good one too. There are so many hilarious knock-offs on youtube.

This is definitely one of the best hockey nights in recent memory:

Devils win (Brodeur gets his 600th career win and 110th career shutout)
Rangers lose, leaving a Rocky-esque climb into the 8th spot in front of them
Penguins losing (knock on wood), which would leave the Devils in control of their own destiny for the Atlantic division

Baba Booey
04-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Flames lose. Avs clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight.

Kid A
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Duchene!!!! Playoffs suckas. Did what the Broncos couldn't and were able to get off the late season slide just soon enough to hold onto a spot in the post-season. No clue if we'll do anything once we get there, but a huge step for a young team nobody believed in a few months ago. Bring on the Sharks/Blackhawks!

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZX8nq0cBKjM/SkW2wShmkdI/AAAAAAAAAJE/Fl0pDqHtELU/s400/Duchene.jpg

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
avs win!! avs are in!!

**** you vancouver!!

Baba Booey
04-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Where are the "LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"'s in Vancouver now?

theAPAOps5
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Matt Duchene is so fun to watch. Actually, O'Reilly, Stewart, Galiardi, Stasny, and Anderson are so much fun to watch. This team is so fun to watch and even if they get bounced in the first round this season was a major success.

24champ
04-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Congrats to Avalanche fans on making the playoffs. Love the way that Duchene kid plays.

Kings come back from a 4-1 deficit against the Ducks. Quick got pulled, and the Kings ensued their comeback to win 5-4 in the SO with Kopitars signature SO move. Hilarious!

Also Kings are 6th seed as it stands now, hopped over Detroit with tonight's win.

Baba Booey
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Matt Duchene is so fun to watch. Actually, O'Reilly, Stewart, Galiardi, Stasny, and Anderson are so much fun to watch. This team is so fun to watch and even if they get bounced in the first round this season was a major success.

Don't forget Yip, either.

You guys have a retarded amount of youth. If (God forbid) the Devils get bounced I'll be pulling for you guys and the Hawks.

Baba Booey
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Western fans - what are your desired first round matchups? What about the teams you don't want to play?

For me as a Devils fan I want to play either the Habs or the Bruins, and I don't want to play the Flyers.

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Congrats to Avalanche fans on making the playoffs. Love the way that Duchene kid plays.

Kings come back from a 4-1 deficit against the Ducks. Quick got pulled, and the Kings ensued their comeback to win 5-4 in the SO with Kopitars signature SO move. Hilarious!

Also Kings are 6th seed as it stands now, hopped over Detroit with tonight's win.

congrats to you as well....last years 2 worst western conference teams are back in the playoffs.

not bad considering both teams have the youngest rosters in the NHL

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Western fans - what are your desired first round matchups? What about the teams you don't want to play?

For me as a Devils fan I want to play either the Habs or the Bruins, and I don't want to play the Flyers.

REDWINGS, PREDS, VANCOUVER, and probably KINGS would be bad early matchups for the avs

24champ
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM

I don't want to play the Blackhawks...they are too good even with their injuries.

Vancouver would be fun series (Since I hate Canadian teams), it would renew that rivalry.

I would prefer to play the Sharks or Phoenix. I am just happy to be in the playoffs. 8 years is too long.

24champ
04-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't forget Yip, either.

You guys have a retarded amount of youth. If (God forbid) the Devils get bounced I'll be pulling for you guys and the Hawks.

You both forgot Mueller.

SoCalBronco
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
There goes the Rocket Richard. :(

Seriously....an empty netter with one second left. Bylsma should be hung from his short hairs if that's the difference in the Rocket Richard race. You're down 5-3, its not like its a one goal game...there's just a few seconds left...its not going to happen, there is no way they can win, just accept it....that is so ****ing stupid. Honestly...if that's the difference in the end (i.e. if its a tie and Ovie wins on the tiebreaker of overall points), Bylsma needs to be punished in some serious manner. That's inexcusable. Put the ****ing goaltender back in. Good Lord...Sid been working the whole season to win this award and we're giving it to the opposition for free. Ovie is more than capable of just going off and scoring goals at will...we don't need to help him out.

In the bigger picture, our defense is so much worse than last year. They are really missing Scuds and Gill. Orpik is the only physical defenseman of the bunch...and maybe McKee, but he rarely plays anymore. Washington's forwards eat guys like GoGo and Letang for lunch. GoGo will eventually be a great player, but he's had the deer in the headlights look the whole second half of this season after looking like a badass early on. The playoff curse is really the only serious advantage the Penguins would have over the Caps in a playoff series....and I don't even know whether the curse will be enough to carry the day this time. We're totally outgunned....especially since Sid has had to do all the heavy lifting by himself this season with Geno being hurt and/or ineffective and Flower being so-so and Staal still not contributing much offensively. We'll see what happens....but I wouldn't be shocked if the Caps actually overcome the demons this time if we played them. In fact, since NJ will now probably win the division, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Ottawa upset us in the first round. We're just not playing consistently and I'm not sure why. Maybe they'll turn it on in the postseason like last year (they were #4 last year, too), but I just don't see it right now. They need Geno to be in the line up and actually show up, too.

24champ
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjPqTT8M-kA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjPqTT8M-kA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

8')

cabronco
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
That Kings game was sweet ! The refs sure let them play and it was fun to watch. The Ducks thought they had this one in the bag early , but true to kings form they play stronger as the game goes. Very happy to see the Kings end duck season with a bang. Go Kings in the playoffs !

Hercules Rockefeller
04-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Man the Pens' radio guys were pissed last night after the game that Ovechkin tied Crosby on an empty net goal, and were quick to point out multiple times that Ovy has 5 this year, Stamkos has a couple and Sid only has 1.

Oh well, Sid still has a game in hand for the Richard and Henrik Sedin is +1 in the Art Ross race with him and Ovy both having 2 games left.

I realize the Caps went 4-0 vs the Pens, but an 18-7 PP disparity is a ****ing joke. Especially if you factor out those 4 games, and the Caps have drawn more penalties then they've taken and the Pens have taken more penalties then they've drawn. 77-44 over the past 2 seasons (15 games).

bronco militia
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2825/duchene.jpg

Baba Booey
04-07-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.louisville327.com/pics/hockey/LuongoThink.jpg

bronco militia
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
http://www.louisville327.com/pics/hockey/LuongoThink.jpg

bwhaha!!! awesome!

ElwayMD
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
There goes the Rocket Richard. :(

Seriously....an empty netter with one second left. Bylsma should be hung from his short hairs if that's the difference in the Rocket Richard race. You're down 5-3, its not like its a one goal game...there's just a few seconds left...its not going to happen, there is no way they can win, just accept it....that is so ****ing stupid. Honestly...if that's the difference in the end (i.e. if its a tie and Ovie wins on the tiebreaker of overall points), Bylsma needs to be punished in some serious manner. That's inexcusable. Put the ****ing goaltender back in. Good Lord...Sid been working the whole season to win this award and we're giving it to the opposition for free. Ovie is more than capable of just going off and scoring goals at will...we don't need to help him out.

In the bigger picture, our defense is so much worse than last year. They are really missing Scuds and Gill. Orpik is the only physical defenseman of the bunch...and maybe McKee, but he rarely plays anymore. Washington's forwards eat guys like GoGo and Letang for lunch. GoGo will eventually be a great player, but he's had the deer in the headlights look the whole second half of this season after looking like a badass early on. The playoff curse is really the only serious advantage the Penguins would have over the Caps in a playoff series....and I don't even know whether the curse will be enough to carry the day this time. We're totally outgunned....especially since Sid has had to do all the heavy lifting by himself this season with Geno being hurt and/or ineffective and Flower being so-so and Staal still not contributing much offensively. We'll see what happens....but I wouldn't be shocked if the Caps actually overcome the demons this time if we played them. In fact, since NJ will now probably win the division, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Ottawa upset us in the first round. We're just not playing consistently and I'm not sure why. Maybe they'll turn it on in the postseason like last year (they were #4 last year, too), but I just don't see it right now. They need Geno to be in the line up and actually show up, too.

They just need everyone back and healthy. This team is so dynamic with Geno on the ice that without him it's a pretty simple strategy...stop Sid and you have a good chance of winning unless the flower is standing on his head all game. I'm glad Gonch is back for the PP since Gogo and Letang can't seem to not panic with the puck in a PP situation. Gogo never looks sure of himself on the ice. He makes bad decisions with the puck and then was so out of place on the Semin goal to open the game it was sad.

That being said I think they will be able to handle their first round opponent even with all the turmoil that is going on right now and hopefully they will be back in stride by the second round of the playoffs.

chadta
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Man the Pens' radio guys were pissed last night after the game that Ovechkin tied Crosby on an empty net goal, and were quick to point out multiple times that Ovy has 5 this year, Stamkos has a couple and Sid only has 1.

but yet they somehow ignore the fact that ovie was injured for a handfull of games and suspended for a few more, or this isnt even close

Baba Booey
04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
If Ovechkin played the whole year he'd probably be flirting with 60.

gtown
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
If Ovechkin played the whole year he'd probably be flirting with 60.

This. Ovie better pick it up for the playoffs, because that defense is not built for postseason hockey.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
This. Ovie better pick it up for the playoffs, because that defense is not built for postseason hockey.

Their defense is fine at even strength (6th overall), it's their PK that moves them to the middle of the pack in GA.

SoCalBronco
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
but yet they somehow ignore the fact that ovie was injured for a handfull of games and suspended for a few more, or this isnt even close

I agree that if Ovie had not been suspended or hurt for any time this season, he would be well ahead in both categories. However, he also has a really, really good supporting cast, as well....much better than Sid does. In any case, I think their career PPG averages are equal down to a hundreth of a point, so it is hard to say one is better than the other. Sid is more well rounded, but Ovie is more deadly.

underrated29
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I agree that if Ovie had not been suspended or hurt for any time this season, he would be well ahead in both categories. However, he also has a really, really good supporting cast, as well....much better than Sid does. In any case, I think their career PPG averages are equal down to a hundreth of a point, so it is hard to say one is better than the other. Sid is more well rounded, but Ovie is more deadly.

So the question goes--who would you rather have on your team??

Me- i love the way sid plays, I play the same. But I would take Ovie.

SoCalBronco
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
So the question goes--who would you rather have on your team??

Me- i love the way sid plays, I play the same. But I would take Ovie.

Personally...I'd rather have Sid...because as I said, he's more well rounded. He's a better playmaker/passer, is better defensively (despite the fact that Ovie is like +45 this year) and better on faceoffs (to be fair, Ovie is not a center and doesn't see much action in that area) and has great intangibles...he knows how to win and has a knack for doing great things at the right time. Obviously, Sid's shot doesn't compare to Ovie's, although Sid has obviously rapidly improved as a goalscorer. Sid can also turn on the jets, although Ovie is definitely still ahead in that area. I can see why some people would prefer Ovie, but I just like Sid's more well rounded game more. JMO.

underrated29
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Personally...I'd rather have Sid...because as I said, he's more well rounded. He's a better playmaker/passer, is better defensively (despite the fact that Ovie is like +45 this year) and better on faceoffs (to be fair, Ovie is not a center and doesn't see much action in that area) and has great intangibles...he knows how to win and has a knack for doing great things at the right time. Obviously, Sid's shot doesn't compare to Ovie's, although Sid has obviously rapidly improved as a goalscorer. Sid can also turn on the jets, although Ovie is definitely still ahead in that area. I can see why some people would prefer Ovie, but I just like Sid's more well rounded game more. JMO.

Cant argue there. If I was an established playoff team and had to add one of the other i would add sid. if i was the canes, or edmonton i would add ovie.

Both studs, both going to go down as greats and i am glad we get to watch them blossom.--that sounded kinda ghey there. Ya'll know what i meant.

Hogan11
04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Ovie isn't a puss which is why I'd give him the nod :poke:

gtown
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I think in the end Crosby will end up with more Stanley Cups, but Ovie is just fun to watch with the spectacular skating and the hitting. Pure entertainment. With that said, Crosby just seems better built for the playoffs because he is so strong on the puck and the defenses are more intense and fundamentally sound. Ovie really thrives with wide open end to end hockey.

ElwayMD
04-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Great night for the Pens...victory and losses by Buffalo and New Jersey and Crosby gets his 50th.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
49. They took his second goal away after the game.

Hogan11
04-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh Man, Boucher sucks...this is not going well at all :(

Hercules Rockefeller
04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
50 for Ovechkin.

3rd pt of the night moves him past Sedin @ 109 pts for the season.

Backstrom hits 100 with an assist on the goal.

Hogan11
04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, that sucked...it all comes down to Sunday for Philly

Baba Booey
04-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Poor Ranger fans...their hopes are drawn out for just a little while longer.

No way they win in Philly.

gyldenlove
04-09-2010, 06:47 PM

I would have Crosby, Ovechkin plays a style of hockey that is great to watch but will wear him down much quicker than Crosby. Crosby should be able to play very well to his mid 30s, I doubt Ovechkin will be much more than a 50 point a year guy when he reaches 32, if he makes it that far. He will get injured more and he will take more stupid penalties.

Besides that, centers win championships, wingers win scoring titles.