PDA

View Full Version : Ortons hand & Lids ID #

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 07:58 AM
This might be agaisnt the rules, but does anyone have a Lids Passport member id # they wouldn't mind letting me use? I'm trying to support the Rockies with a new cap, but damn they are pricey.

Also, a legit question, what's the news on Ortons hand? Can he throw without the glove yet?

Thanks guys/Ladies

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 08:37 AM
anyone?

Dagmar
10-02-2009, 08:39 AM
http://broncotalk.net/2009/10/9956/broncos-news/kyle-orton-takes-off-the-glove/

For the first time since suffering a dislocated finger in the preseason, Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton was seen practicing without wearing a glove (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/30/broncos-hurting-in-offensive-line/) on his throwing hand Wednesday.

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see if his accuracy improves now.

Garcia Bronco
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
It'll be interesting to see if his accuracy improves now.

His accuracy has been great the last 2 weeks

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM
His accuracy has been great the last 2 weeks

I would have to respectfully disagree sir. I'm not saying he's been horrible at all, I'm just saying it's been noticeable his accuracy has dropped off with the glove. He has made some good throws absolutely, but I can think of at least 6-7 throws that were very capable passes for him that got away and fell short or wide.

I'm just sayin, I think it'll be interesting too see if he improves or not.

baja
10-02-2009, 09:32 AM
DENVER BRONCOS
Player ............Injury ......Wed ......Thu Fri Status

G Ben Hamilton Hamstring DNP

T Ryan Harris Shoulder DNP

RB Peyton Hillis Head DNP

ILB/FB Spencer Larsen Shoulder DNP

CB Alphonso Smith Ankle DNP

WR Brandon Stokley Thigh LP

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Umm,, are they at least probable for Sunday? We have to have Hillis!

SonOfLe-loLang
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I would have to respectfully disagree sir. I'm not saying he's been horrible at all, I'm just saying it's been noticeable his accuracy has dropped off with the glove. He has made some good throws absolutely, but I can think of at least 6-7 throws that were very capable passes for him that got away and fell short or wide.

I'm just sayin, I think it'll be interesting too see if he improves or not.

6 or 7 last week? Name them. The only one i can think of was one he short hopped to marshall. The only other bad throw i can really remember was that one to royal that almost got picked in the endzone...but that wasn't an accuracy problem as much as a misread/good play by huff

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Alright, obviously you guys are being quite protective over my comment, so I am going to back off. I was just saying over the last three weeks he has missed some pretty simple passes, and I was attributing it to the glove. I guessed at 6-7 as a relative #. I unfortunately was not keeping a journal of record during the last three weeks to give you exacts.

baja
10-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Alright, obviously you guys are being quite protective over my comment, so I am going to back off. I was just saying over the last three weeks he has missed some pretty simple passes, and I was attributing it to the glove. I guessed at 6-7 as a relative #. I unfortunately was not keeping a journal of record during the last three weeks to give you exacts.

I don't see anything wrong with your statement, Orton himself said the glove has effected some of his throws and he will be glad when he doesn't have to wear it.

Ironlung
10-02-2009, 09:56 AM

Hillis? We have to have Harris!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Why do we have to have Hillis? We're 3-0, and he really hasn't done much.

Lev Vyvanse
10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Fumbles and false starts have to count for something.

outdoor_miner
10-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Hillis? We have to have Harris!

Yep! Harris is the guy I really hope is ready to play. I think the dropoff to Polumbus is massive. I shudder at the thought of him trying to stop Ware in his first NFL start.

Natedogg
10-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Harris and Hillis were a limited participants on Thurs. Hamilton DNP.

I read a quote on DenverBroncos.com from Hillis saying it was "nothing."

www.milehighreport.com for the injury reports.

LonghornBronco
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
DENVER BRONCOS
Player ............Injury ......Wed ......Thu Fri Status

G Ben Hamilton Hamstring DNP

T Ryan Harris Shoulder DNP

RB Peyton Hillis Head DNP

ILB/FB Spencer Larsen Shoulder DNP

CB Alphonso Smith Ankle DNP

WR Brandon Stokley Thigh LP

I wonder who is the emergency FB?

supermanhr9
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Of course Harris is a major need for Sunday, however, Hillis is the man, just because he hasn't done much yet, neither has Eddie? At least Hillis has scored a touchdown? Just sayin.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I hope we see Harris out there, and they are just letting him rest and heal up.

broncofan
10-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Save yourself the anguish and get yourself a Phillies hat. We're winning the Series again this year anyway.

I'm just saying, you may as well pull for a good team. You can thank me later.

strafen
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Also, a legit question, what's the news on Ortons hand? Can he throw without the glove yet?

Thanks guys/Ladies

If push comes to shove, he could also throw left-handed :thumbsup:

broncolife
10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
So if Orton throws his first pick without the glove, will we be calling for him to put the glove back on?

strafen
10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
So if Orton throws his first pick without the glove, will we be calling for him to put the glove back on?I'll be calling to have him benched. Glove or not, he sucks!

Mogulseeker
10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I like turtles.

watermock
10-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Have to ask Popps for that one. DRAFT DL!

BroncoDoug
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll be calling to have him benched. Glove or not, he sucks!

because of 1 pick in 4 games? sheesh talk about harsh

strafen
10-02-2009, 08:41 PM
because of 1 pick in 4 games? sheesh talk about harshHaving won 3 games where Orton has been irrelevant if that, has masked his inefficiency at QB
Sure, he's not thrown an INT and at this point, that's pretty much all the positive you can find in him thus far

I actually give McDaniels all the credit in the world for having to adjust his offensive system to Orton's limited skills
So far, so good
It still remains to be seen how Orton can play or lead us when down by a couple of TD's say, in the first half
Until he proves he can rally from a defict, I'm not ready yet to give him the benefit of the doubt, nor do I think he can...

I'm happy if we win, of course, but there's something about Orton that makes me uncomfortable
We have a pretty good stretch of tough games coming up in the next 6 weeks.
Let's see how he plays under those circumstances. I do have faith in our defense, if they can keep us within a striking distance, I think Orton can succeed or keep us from losing games...

Sassy
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Lids/Hat World...Ha! I went to grade school/high school with two of the owners/founders...

Company Infomation

"Everybody either went to college, or follows a college or professional sports team. Likewise, everybody has $20. A hat is clearly an impulse buy, but one that people can afford."

That is how Glenn Campbell summarized his, and partner Scott Molander's, idea for Hat World. They were right. Today, Hat World Corporation is recognized as a leading specialty retail leader of fashion athletic headwear.

Campbell and Molander got their start as successful managers with a national athletic retailer and decided it was time to go into business for themselves.

"When we spoke with shopping mall executives about how we were convinced everybody needs, or can be persuaded to buy a hat we were told that we were nuts," said Campbell, the company's Chief Operating Officer. "But if a cookie shop can just sell cookies or a pretzel shop can just sell pretzels, why not hats?"

Finally, a mall gave Campbell and Molander a chance from which they sold more than 6,000 hats in just eight weeks. Campbell and Molander acquired a small private financial placement and opened five stores their first year.

After growing to 157 stores in five years, Hat World Corp purchased substantially all of the assets of competitor Lids Corporation, another athletic headwear only retailer, in the spring of 2001. With the addition of the Lids assets, Hat World grew to more than 400 stores, and two online businesses, hatworld.com and lids.com. In April 2004, Genesco Inc. acquired Hat World. Today Hat World operates more than 700 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet stores nationwide, and in Puerto Rico and Canada.

Some of Hat World's rapid growth can be attributed to its highly popular Passport Club. The Passport Club provides members with a discount of 20 percent on all hat purchases and a 10 percent discount on apparel and accessories, as well as notification of special offers.

"The idea for Hat World was just that, an idea," summarized Hat World President Ken Kocher. "Our success stems from assembling a team of first-class professionals who stay on top of the wants of the consumer and put customer service first."

Dagmar
10-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Have to ask Popps for that one. DRAFT DL!

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

doonwise
10-03-2009, 11:01 AM

You made a statistical claim without "keeping a journal of record during the last three weeks" to back up that claim with solid data?? Yikes! Blasphemy!

I support a 6 week ban. :punched: