PDA

View Full Version : OT: All middleschool basketball vs WNBA All-PRO

mr007
10-02-2009, 07:50 AM
So I was watching a little WNBA last night and made the argument with a friend that the BEST 8th graders in the nation could and would beat the hell out of the WNBA All-pro team. Anyone disagree?

SoDak Bronco
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I disagree...Most of these chics play like guys, especially if they are only 8th graders, much better shooters/passers and fundamentals. You get into HighSchool players, you may have a better argument.

Inkana7
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Lisa Leslie once scored 100 points in a high school game. In a half.

Just sayin'.

mr007
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
High school would completely destroy them. I'm just thinking at 8th grade, there's a lot of these kids that can dunk and are already over 6ft. Even lacking fundamentals, it's hard to make up for that kind of size, power, and speed.

Garcia Bronco
10-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Womens basket ball just isn't there yet.

Mediator12
10-02-2009, 08:10 AM
High school would completely destroy them. I'm just thinking at 8th grade, there's a lot of these kids that can dunk and are already over 6ft. Even lacking fundamentals, it's hard to make up for that kind of size, power, and speed.

They might, but you forget the WNBA stars already play against much better male players than 8th grade boys in order to train. I think the 8th grade boys would get embarassed because the WNBA stars would play a much cleaner mental game, devoid of immature mistakes, and they have already played with far more physical players than 8th grade boys.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Not 8th graders.

Probably couldn't beat the nations best high schoolers though. Certainly couldn't beat the top 25 College basketball teams.

Meck77
10-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd take the all pro WNBA team. Here is an 8th grade team with 3 players that can dunk. Not that impressive. They are around 6ft at best. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_n_gMzxm7tU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_n_gMzxm7tU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Some of the WNBA gals are 6ft5 and built like men anyway. They certainly have more skills then 8th grade boys.

Br0nc0Buster
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
prolly not 8th graders

But a team of McDonalds all american highschoolers would prolly beat the crap out of a WNBA team IMO

SoDak Bronco
10-02-2009, 08:39 AM
they'd foul them or make them shoot free throws..who cares about dunking. Honestly this wouldn't even be close, I think you are not giving these women enough credit.

snowspot66
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
No chance in hell. The nations all star high school squad couldn't do it either.

My cousin was the best basketball player in the state when she was in high school. Her sister was better than her.

They grew up on a farm, were tough, strong, and played mean as hell and could shoot from anywhere with a high %.

The women in the WNBA are there for a reason and it's because their good. They've played with and against guys and beaten them. No high school team would take them out.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-02-2009, 09:00 AM
A college team would smoke them, HS and 8th graders, not so much.

no-pseudo-fan
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
It may be boring, but those women can shoot, pass and dribble the ball very well. The women would destroy the 8th grade team, I even think they could beat a good College team. I know that it isn't sexy, but those chicks can ball, and you have got to respect that.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
It may be boring, but those women can shoot, pass and dribble the ball very well.

No, they can't. Maybe they know the proper fundamentals to shoot a basketball, but they sure as **** can't sink shots. I'm amazed everytime I can actually stand watching a WNBA game for a minute or two, at all the turnovers and missed, open shots there are.

SoDak Bronco
10-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Hercules, watch a skills competition with NBA/Legends/WNBA players, the best shooters are typically the WNBA chics.

UberBroncoMan
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Hercules, watch a skills competition with NBA/Legends/WNBA players, the best shooters are typically the WNBA chics.

Unfortunately for them they'll get beyond out-rebounded and tons of shots will be blocked.

This isn't Tennis.

I'll agree that 8th graders beating WNBA is stupid... sorry but that's too freaking young. They haven't grown enough yet, to take away the accuracy advantage the women have via defense.

But the top High School squad would kick the crap out of them seeing as how most of them will be nearing max height.

Sorry but physically, a girl isn't going to outdo the top male basketball specimens.

One person brings up Lisa Leslie and 100 points in HS... no ****ing ****. She's 6'5. She was probably just getting passed the ball next to the basket and then tapping it in over and over and over. It was probably against a scrub team of chicks in her local area all 5 foot 2 and max of maybe 5 foot 7. That's just stupid easy.

Hell how many women in the WNBA dunk? Hell Lisa was the first one to do it and again SHE IS 6 FOOT 5.

Then think about 5 foot 6 Spud Webb who was dunking in the NBA.

The End.

SoDak Bronco
10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
WFT does dunking have to do w/winning a game? Last time I checked it's worth the same as a jumper.

mr007
10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
A college team would smoke them, HS and 8th graders, not so much.

HS there would be no chance. I played against some WNBA players (6'2"+) and smoked them and I'm 5'8" and only an average player. Size, speed, and strength at the HS level would completely dominate them.

I think even 8th grade would give a good matchup, that dunk video was just from one school. Imagine the nation's best.... honestly I think the women would get owned =).

UberBroncoMan
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
WFT does dunking have to do w/winning a game? Last time I checked it's worth the same as a jumper.

To DUNK you must be able to JUMP HIGH.

If you can JUMP you can BLOCK the SHOT of the girl doing the JUMPER because she can't come close to JUMPING as high. It would just be REJECTION CITY.

Meck77
10-02-2009, 10:23 AM
HS there would be no chance. I played against some WNBA players (6'2"+) and smoked them and I'm 5'8" and only an average player. Size, speed, and strength at the HS level would completely dominate them.

Which players?

SoDak Bronco
10-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Why am I arguing about this stupid question? I don't even care.

McDman
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that the best HS players would smoke the WNBA players. Just remember a few years ago some of these players would be going straight to pro.

I just graduated from the University of Tennessee and I knew a couple guys that played on the women's practice squad, the squad the women scrimmaged against, and they beat them 9 times out of 10. UT has an amazing women's program and kids who can't even make a college team were beating them.

zms325i
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
So I was watching a little WNBA last night and made the argument with a friend that the BEST 8th graders in the nation could and would beat the hell out of the WNBA All-pro team. Anyone disagree?

You were watching wnba with you buddy?? Sounds like a fun night.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
No chance in hell. The nations all star high school squad couldn't do it either.

My cousin was the best basketball player in the state when she was in high school. Her sister was better than her.

They grew up on a farm, were tough, strong, and played mean as hell and could shoot from anywhere with a high %.

The women in the WNBA are there for a reason and it's because their good. They've played with and against guys and beaten them. No high school team would take them out.

The McDonalds All American team would beat the WBNA allstars by a gazillion points, you're insane.

Inkana7
10-02-2009, 12:04 PM
The McDonalds All American team would beat the WBNA allstars by a gazillion points, you're insane.

No way. Did you ever play against your school's best woman players back in HS? They can ball.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
No way. Did you ever play against your school's best woman players back in HS? They can ball.

I did actually....i couldnt even make my JV basketball team (which featured Keith Bullock of all people), but i'd routinely kick the best player on the girls teams ass in one on one (she was a good friend of mine).

You are INSANE to think a high school all star mens team would struggle against wnba players...insane. They'd win by 70 pts.

mr007
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Which players?

I'm not going to point them out directly, but they play for Phoenix.

USAFBronco
10-02-2009, 01:27 PM

No they can't, We used to have girls try and play with us and they could not keep up physically with us. (us being me and a couple other players from the varsity team).

I've said it to people I know that I could get a group of me and maybe 6 other guys (2 for subs) and we could beat a WNBA team. They just don't have the physical attributes to play todays game. It's too fast and too big.

There would have to be some stipulations before hand though, like maybe give us a couple practices before hand to gel and mesh each of our play styles, because if we were all just pulled from the street it might be a little harder since these teams practice year-round together. and they couldnt play dirty....I hated playing the girls teams in college intramurals...dirtest players ever....ever

did I mention ever?

iforgotmypassword
10-02-2009, 06:04 PM
my moneys on the junior highers by 20