PDA

View Full Version : More fun stats

Rock Chalk
10-02-2009, 12:07 AM
There have been 33 Drives Denver has defensed:

Denver has given up 3, count them 3, 10+ play drives all season. Or 1 drive in 11 will go for 10+ plays.

Denver has created 5 NEGATIVE yardage drives all season against the opposition. FIVE! Or 1 drive in 6.5 will result in negative yardage.

Denver has forced 11 3 and outs or, 1 drive in 3 is a three and out.

15 drives where a first down was not recorded or just under half of the drives the opposition has not recorded a first down.

21 drives of 5 or fewer plays, or roughly 2/3rds of the drives will result in a single first down.

11 of 39 in 3rd down conversions (roughly 1 in 3.5 attempts is converted)

Thats pretty freaking awesome.

I know, the competition hasn't been great but again, who cares. Last year's defense couldn't replicate these numbers against a college team full of kids.

kappys
10-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Regardless of the competition I think our defense has exceeded the expectations of even the most wild eyed optimists.

atomicbloke
10-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Denver has forced 11 3 and outs or, 1 drive in 3 is a three and out.

15 drives where a first down was not recorded or just under half of the drives the opposition has not recorded a first down.

How does that happen? :thought:

Vegas_Bronco
10-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Last year's defense couldn't replicate these numbers against a college team full of kids.

Okay, how could last year's defense replicate anything at all if it no longer exists and pre-existed before this years defense. I think you used replicate incorrectly there...

...just busting your balls for your post earlier in the day.

Odysseus
10-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Regardless of the competition I think our defense has exceeded the expectations of even the most wild eyed optimists.

I wanted to see how the players responded to the coach in real game situations and so far the are a lot tougher mentally than I expected. I think this team can play better than this. The offense, IMHO, still has not laced their shoes correctly yet. They have the right idea. They need to execute.

If they put on a good show against Dallas there is no disrespect. They are going against one of the most experienced coaches and toughest teams. How they respond after that game will speak volumes.

fontaine
10-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Coyer's last year didn't the defense start by not giving up a TD for 15 quarters of football?

Injuries destroyed that defense, let's hope this one lasts

Beantown Bronco
10-02-2009, 07:33 AM

Turnovers.

If the Broncos defense forces a turnover on first or second down, it's technically not a 3 and out.....which is why there are more of those types of drives.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2009, 08:10 AM

Turnovers.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Coyer's last year didn't the defense start by not giving up a TD for 15 quarters of football?

Injuries destroyed that defense, let's hope this one lasts

Game film destroyed that defense.

Coyer didn't change things up enough.

baja
10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Plus the players got over worked and wore down. That is what I love about this Josh McD team, the team is deep and players are rotated frequently so we are always fresh this will help in the long season too. The only part I regret is Josh does not see the value of the players doing yoga.