PDA

View Full Version : What you are watching during a football game.

Killericon
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/topic/2468/summary_image.jpg

baja
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
TiVo

BroncoDoug
10-02-2009, 12:04 AM
yes DVR FTW

Vegas_Bronco
10-02-2009, 12:08 AM
When you attend a game and see how much down time there really is...it becomes apparent that the game is not that much about the game at all but moreso the balloons, cheerleaders, food, drink, media timeouts, contests, half time shows, advertisements, analysis of each play, fireworks, jets, etc....all those things trying to make the game more than it really is.

Dudeskey
10-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I didn't see cheerleaders on the pie chart...™

baja
10-02-2009, 12:11 AM
When you attend a game and see how much down time there really is...it becomes apparent that the game is not that much about the game at all but moreso the balloons, cheerleaders, food, drink, media timeouts, contests, half time shows, advertisements, analysis of each play, fireworks, jets, etc...<b>.all those things trying to make the game more than it really is.

And to suck as much money out of your pockets as possible

Rocket 7
10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I have to pee

atomicbloke
10-02-2009, 12:21 AM
When you attend a game and see how much down time there really is...it becomes apparent that the game is not that much about the game at all but moreso the balloons, cheerleaders, food, drink, media timeouts, contests, half time shows, advertisements, analysis of each play, fireworks, jets, etc....all those things trying to make the game more than it really is.

Sports are business. Sports companies need to make money too, or else they wouldn't exist and we would have nothing to watch.

If you don't like frequent breaks while watching sports, then watch rugby or soccer.

Jason in LA
10-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Go to a high school game and you'll really notice the difference. The refs keep those games moving. But being at a game that is being televised and you'll see a lot of moments where the players are just standing around waiting. And that guy with the headsets will be in the corner of the field standing next to the ref and you're just waiting for him to signal for them to start playing. It's annoying.

Vegas_Bronco
10-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Sports are business. Sports companies need to make money too, or else they wouldn't exist and we would have nothing to watch.

If you don't like frequent breaks while watching sports, then watch rugby or soccer.

So, sports are business...or do some businesses own professional sporting teams? All companies need to make money...it's the oxygen...but funny enough there are a lot of companies that exist that do no make money too. Just thought I'd point that out since your teaching a finance 101 course. :thumbs:

I don't mind the breaks at all - just stating how the NFL turns the game into a 3 ring circus.