PDA

View Full Version : FFL Trade Question...

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry for putting on the main board, but I need to know ASAP as I only have a short time to decide on this trade.

Looking at trading away Larry Fitzgerald and Tomlinson for DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton.

I have a ton of depth at RB right now and feel strongly that Slaton's slow start has a lot to do with him playing the Jets, Titans, and Jags... all of which are decent-good run defenses. His next three are considerably easier.

I also think that LT will get a lot of work when he returns b/c Sproles has been ineffective running for only 98 yards in three games.

Fitz can easily breakout for a 150 3 TD game, but I get bonus points for long TDs and Desean Jackson has been a beast...even with McNabb out.

So, should I take the trade?

SoDak Bronco
10-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow...not sure if I'd do that...I think Larry Fitz is going to get it going...and DeSean(who I have) is bound to slow down..

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd do it, DeSean may slow down a little, but he's the most automatic home run threat in the league. Fitz is weak, and best when Anquan is hurt (seriously, look at his stats over the years) and slaton gonna start ripping it up!

Smiling Assassin27
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Do you get points for return yards? If so, Jackson may make up for what he loses in receptions against Fitz with return yards and TD's, but you do give up a legitimate #1 WR for a #2WR/KR.

As for LT and Slaton, I take Slaton in a heartbeat. LT will split more and more carries with Sproles, who's really a 1A, not a #2 RB for them. Slaton will get more touches, IMO.

I think i'd do the deal.

gyldenlove
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Sorry for putting on the main board, but I need to know ASAP as I only have a short time to decide on this trade.

Looking at trading away Larry Fitzgerald and Tomlinson for DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton.

I have a ton of depth at RB right now and feel strongly that Slaton's slow start has a lot to do with him playing the Jets, Titans, and Jags... all of which are decent-good run defenses. His next three are considerably easier.

I also think that LT will get a lot of work when he returns b/c Sproles has been ineffective running for only 98 yards in three games.

Fitz can easily breakout for a 150 3 TD game, but I get bonus points for long TDs and Desean Jackson has been a beast...even with McNabb out.

So, should I take the trade?

I wouldn't.

Slaton is going to suffer until Schaub gets hurt, which could be a while.

Desean will fade as the season goes, all philly recievers slow down over the year.

Fitz will break out and have some big games if for no other reason than the fact that Cardinals have some pretty easy games lined up. With his bye week over with this week he will be worth more later on when other top players go on byes.

Get rid of LT though, even if he does come back fast he will struggle to break 1000 yards this year.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
yeah. at first it doesnt look so good.

but slaton should have a big year. Easy schedule the rest of the way for the most part and easy playoff schedule. I am not super high on desean like most are. Yes, he is their guy, but i dont think he is consistant enough. I see him more like steve smith.

Gets big games, but then disappears the next game for 4 catches for 30 yards.

I think its an ok deal though, if he has a better wr try for him first. If not its not bad.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
after thinking about this more............i would not make this trade.

jmo.

SoDak Bronco
10-01-2009, 12:03 PM
DeSean Jackson and Donald Brown - My team

for

Brandon Marshall and Cedrick Benson

Pontius Pirate
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=gyldenlove;2577656]I wouldn't.

Desean will fade as the season goes, all philly recievers slow down over the year.

QUOTE]

This makes no sense. Slaton is a pass-catching RB. He's like a greener version of Westbrook. And in what world does having your QB go down mean the RB will be better? If everyone focuses on the run because the QB sucks (eg. Carolina), does that really help the RB? Not in Deangelo's case.

Only way Desean slows down is if Vick is under center - otherwise he's solid

gyldenlove
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=gyldenlove;2577656]I wouldn't.

QUOTE]

This makes no sense. Slaton is a pass-catching RB. He's like a greener version of Westbrook. And in what world does having your QB go down mean the RB will be better? If everyone focuses on the run because the QB sucks (eg. Carolina), does that really help the RB? Not in Deangelo's case.

Only way Desean slows down is if Vick is under center - otherwise he's solid

Right now whenever they get within sight of the goal line, the ball is going to either Owen Daniels or Andre Johnson, without Schaub that ball will end up in the hands of Slaton. Slaton is going to struggle to hit 1000 yards with those defenses he is seeing and he won't get a whole lot of attention in the red zone. If Schaub gets dinged a bit they will be more careful and Slaton will get a bigger load and more red zone touches.

Desean started red hot last year and slowed down significantly, the same will happen again. Do you think Kolb will keep having 300 yard passing games? If they have good return points in that league he will still have worth, but color me surprised if he ends up with 1000 offensive yards this year.

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 12:20 PM

for

I'd give up DeSean and Donald Brown for CedBenson alone! You get BMarsh as well... HELL YEAH!

Here is my team:

McNabb
Hasselback
Garrard (for now)

Coffee
Moreno
Bush
Fred Jackson
Fred Taylor
Tomlinson (for now)

Fitz
Welker
Royal
Henry
Knox

Shockey

Kaeding

Titans D
Saints D

Returners do not score points, Defense gets return points.

Tomlinson and Fitz are first round picks and will cost me $20 each after week 6 to keep on my roster. Slaton will cost me $20 but Desean will not as he was a 4th round pick.

I am leaning toward doing the deal. The Cards aren't clicking with Haley gone.

Here is another thing to consider:

For Receivers:
6 points per TD
Plus 1 point for a ReTD of 10 to 24 Yds
Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 25 to 49 Yds
Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 50 to 74 Yds
Plus 4 points for a ReTD of 75 to 99 Yds

I also have McNabb who gets:
6 points per TD
Plus 1 point for a PaTD of 10 to 24 Yds
Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 25 to 49 Yds
Plus 3 points for a PaTD of 50 to 74 Yds
Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 75 to 99 Yds

So if McNabb throws a 50 yard TD pass to Jackson I get 25 points between McNabb and Jackson. I also get a nice bonus for 100, 150, and 200 yards receiving. With Fitz, I can count on more TDs, but not as many 50+yarders and probably not too many 150 yard games.

I am leaning toward yes unless somebody can come up with a compelling reason not to?

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Pontius Pirate;2577727]

Right now whenever they get within sight of the goal line, the ball is going to either Owen Daniels or Andre Johnson, without Schaub that ball will end up in the hands of Slaton. Slaton is going to struggle to hit 1000 yards with those defenses he is seeing and he won't get a whole lot of attention in the red zone. If Schaub gets dinged a bit they will be more careful and Slaton will get a bigger load and more red zone touches.

Desean started red hot last year and slowed down significantly, the same will happen again. Do you think Kolb will keep having 300 yard passing games? If they have good return points in that league he will still have worth, but color me surprised if he ends up with 1000 offensive yards this year.

I'll go back and look at what Desean did in the 2nd half of the season. Not really surprised he trailed off his rookie year, most rookies don't have the conditioning to sustain thru out... which is another thing to consider with Maclin being a rookie and having rookie legs in the 2nd half. Also remember that McNabb is back after the bye.

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Alright, so he had 560 yards in the first 8 and 400 in the 2nd 8. Equal TDs (2) in each. There is a disparity but not sure it's enough to make or break me. Really, I'd rather do just LT for Slaton but that is a no go.

easymobee
10-01-2009, 12:39 PM
wouldn't do that trade at all.

Kubiak publicly expressed regret for not going after Ced Benson in the offseason to the media before last weeks game.

Not much of a vote of confidence for Slaton and if it was meant to motivate, Slaton only got to about 70 yds after the comments.

ChSuperStar
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
If you get pts for return yards as well.. I will do the trade, but still slaton = tomilson this season i what i say. In fact tomilson is a little weaker.. with the emergance of sproles and vincent jackson, and gates being gates.

But you never know about larry, but warner looked awful this season in 2 games and like a god in third.. so you never know what to expect from him. So consider all that before you pull the trigger

ChSuperStar
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
SoDak.

I think before the mid-season, brown will be the starting back or will get equal carries as addai and Desean i like him no matter what, if return yards count in your league.

Having said that if cinccy is for real, they will establish the run and benson will have similar days all year. BM is only going to get better as the year progresses.

We have to throw sonner or later, with the big games coming up and the best playmaker we have at WR is BM and ER. ER is just having a bad season so far, but he will turn around before BM.

Taco John
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Just my opinion: you're giving up 5 points a week on average with that trade, Oskie.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes!!!!!!

You accept the benson and marshall to your team right away!!!!

Do not let the other owner think twice about this one.

desean is equal to marshall, maybe a little better at this point in ff. But brown is jack compared to benson.

You just robbed this fool blind with this trade.

Congratulations!

Taco John
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM

for

I would take this trade. You're essentially selling high on DeSean Jackson and Donald Brown, and getting fantastic value in return.

gyldenlove
10-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Alright, so he had 560 yards in the first 8 and 400 in the 2nd 8. Equal TDs (2) in each. There is a disparity but not sure it's enough to make or break me. Really, I'd rather do just LT for Slaton but that is a no go.

Check what he did the first 4 (328 yards, 22 catches) compared to the last 12 (585, 40 catches). He definitely slowed down last year.

That is a drop from 5.5 catches per game to 3.5 and 80 yards per game to 48 yards per game.

SoDak Bronco
10-01-2009, 03:00 PM
just accepted the trade...for C benson and Bmarsh...I will miss DeSean, but my league doesn't give you extra points for long TDs or return yards (you do get TD pts if he scores via PR or KR). Also, I think Donald Brown is a guy who will be a great FF player as the year goes on.

Glad you guys all thought it was a good trade, I thought I was winning, but sometimes you never know what others think.

SoDak Bronco
10-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Oskie- I have the same QB's as you. I had McNabb first week, he goes down with Rib Injury, my backup was Hasselback, he goes down, then last week I picked up Garrard and will have to play him again this week. That's some crappy luck for our QB's, I am 2-1 in my league.

Punisher
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
No!

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Let me ask you this question then. What if it were Fitz and LT for Slaton and Colston?

Another possibility is Fitz, LT, Coffee and Royal for Slaton, DeSean, and Kevin Walters. He has Gore so you understand his interest in Coffee. Eddie Royal has killed me. I really expected he would put up 5 or 6 catches and 70 yards per game...MINIMUM. Broncos are winning so I don't complain, but man...

underrated29
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Let me ask you this question then. What if it were Fitz and LT for Slaton and Colston?

Another possibility is Fitz, LT, Coffee and Royal for Slaton, DeSean, and Kevin Walters. He has Gore so you understand his interest in Coffee. Eddie Royal has killed me. I really expected he would put up 5 or 6 catches and 70 yards per game...MINIMUM. Broncos are winning so I don't complain, but man...

I agree about royal--just blows.

I would juump all over the colston and slaton trade. That would be reasonable for both sides with you getting the little extra as LT imo is done and slaton is just warming up.

I dont like the second option because you will have two players on houston. While normally thats not a problem with me, walter and slaton could bomb and you might be in trouble. Plus, walters is third fiddle imo to daniels and AJ. If it was another wr instead of walters i think that would be better for you.

Hotrod
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I just traded TO for Romo......bite me I'm 3-0 and my qbs were Cassel and Orton.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
thats a good trade.. You arent in our little high stakes league are you?

Hotrod
10-01-2009, 04:31 PM
who me???

I'm in some free league with 8 retards and a midget I think.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
oh Mizzoubroncs league. Got ya.

Glad you arent in mine.

Hotrod
10-01-2009, 04:49 PM
oh mizzoubroncs league. Got ya.

Glad you arent in mine.

lol

Broncoman13
10-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Alright, got a couple more offers that I am considering.

First one:

LT and Fitz for Westbrook and BMarsh. The beauty in this deal is that I would lose two luxury tax players ($20 ea. after week 6) and pick up two players that have had slow starts but will likely have better 2nd halfs than first halfs. Thoughts?

Also offered Brandon Jacobs for Fitz. Don't think I'm going to do that one. My receivers aren't that strong to pull this one.