PDA

View Full Version : Sweet - Featured in Schwab's blog

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2009, 07:07 AM
A popular topic among Broncos fans seems to be the reaction to the team's 3-0 start nationally, which can be fairly described as skeptical. In fact, I chuckled a bit this morning - after a good debate with @ExaminerSam (ME) on Twitter, a radio show in Seattle brought me on today by recounting a conversation in studio in which they decided the Broncos were the flukiest of the 3-0 teams.

Others, like @mmk33 and @Carlos_Herrera_ wondered what the team thought about the issue, and I asked a few guys. The answer was basically the same, but put best by safety Brian Dawkins (who has quickly become one of my all-time favorite quotes):

"It doesnít make a difference," Dawkins said. "It really does not. I have obviously played a long time in this league. I played on teams in Philadelphia that (people said), ďAh is this team for real?í The only thing that matters is what is coming out of the locker room. You guys will get tired of hearing me say that, but that is real. It matters not what any expert says, any panel says, any reporter. It matters not. As long as we believe in one another and we believe in the scheme that we are playing and we are disciplined and accountable to one other, it matters not what is outside of this locker room. It matters not. Let everybody say whatever they want to say about the defense, about the team, about (defensive coordinator) Mike (Nolan) or about (head coach) Josh (McDaniels). It matters not."

I don't know, I was surprised and a little excited to see my Twitter name (or my "Twame" if you're into the whole brevity thing) in Schwab's blog.

delany
10-01-2009, 07:21 AM
It matters not...

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2009, 07:47 AM
It matters not...

Doh!

oubronco
10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
"It doesn’t make a difference," Dawkins said. "It really does not. I have obviously played a long time in this league. I played on teams in Philadelphia that (people said), “Ah is this team for real?’ The only thing that matters is what is coming out of the locker room. You guys will get tired of hearing me say that, but that is real. It matters not what any expert says, any panel says, any reporter. It matters not. As long as we believe in one another and we believe in the scheme that we are playing and we are disciplined and accountable to one other, it matters not what is outside of this locker room. It matters not. Let everybody say whatever they want to say about the defense, about the team, about (defensive coordinator) Mike (Nolan) or about (head coach) Josh (McDaniels). It matters not."

Now lets go out there and kick some AZZ