PDA

View Full Version : On second watching of the game (Week 3)

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Post your observations here.

Some of mine:

Jamarcus has some serious junk in the trunk.

Ayers made his first tackle.

Late in the game after Bmarsh made a great play on Aso,
he gets taken out and looks a little frustrated, but teammates
are there encouraging him right away.

In general, players are having fun playing. The enthusiasm
we have on this team is rarely seen at the professional level.
Moreno's enthusiasm is absolutely infectious and I would say on the
other side of the ball Woodyard is leading the way with energy.
I can't get enough of how this team celebrates when they make a
good play and then almost instantly after it's all business and onto the
next play.

Having a lead going into the fourth and knowing what to do with it. The
fourth quarter of the Browns game and the Raiders games were almost
replicas of each other. At this point in the game we know
they can't run on us, and Doom starts licking his chops because he
knows those tackles and guards are tired and he's about to
put into that next gear.

:Broncos:

cousinal11
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Marshall's bad body language appears to be a thing of the past.

Moreno is a beast and needs to be our goalline back.

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Yep that's one thing I loved about his highlight reels from Georgia. He knows how
to get in the endzone. You can tell he's still learning how to do it at the pro level but it's going to start clicking any game now. Doesn't hurt having Clady clearing space either.

BroncoInSkinland
10-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Rewatched the week 1, 2, and 3 highlights last night.

I am sure now that Brandon is giving 100%. He is sacrificing his body when it is to the Broncos advantage to do so, he is fighting for YAC, blocking effectively, and hustling even on plays going to other players, when he knows he won't have the ball. I would say he has bought in completely at this point.

Moreno is electric, and his attitude is outstanding. In week 2, he is the first guy in the end zone to congratulate Scheffler, and that is after he was pass blocking for Orton (I think, not completely sure where he was, but it was off camera, then he comes in, rushing through both lines to get to Tony).

Dawkins is amazing, the smart plays, the energy level, and the athleticism for a guy his age. Week 1, the first sack on Carson, he hurdles a player, does a handspring with forward motion (looked ugly the first time I remember, I was worried he hurt himself), and lands planted on both feet ready to make a play. Incredible, this dude is my age, and I can tell you I would hurt for months if I tried something like that.

Finally I would like to go ahead and eat some crow on the Andra Davis pick up. I said Andra would be a good motivator, and could be effective stopping the run if it came straight at him, but that was all he was good for. I was wrong, he looks better than he ever did in Cleveland. He has done well dropping into coverage, which I didn't think was possible, has gotten pressure on the quarterback at times, and has excelled in pursuit of the run to the perimeter. Overall I would say he is the most versatile LB we have, which is a far cry from what I thought we would see when he got here. If by some weird stroke of fate he somehow hears about this or reads it, I would like to offer a personal appology and thank him for his contributions to the Broncos, he is a great player, and was an awesome pick up for us.

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 07:24 AM
I too would like to eat some crow, on DJ. I didn't think he could make another position switch, especially going inside but so far he seems to be navigating the traffic well inside (big props here to the big guys on the line as well) and making big time plays. He's also been there on coverage quite a few times. That hit to cause the fumble was awesome as well. At first the announcers thought it must of have been Dawkins to cause that hit since it was so jarring.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 07:31 AM

Some of mine:

next play.

put into that next gear.

McD holding a brotha down :spit:

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 07:32 AM
lol

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Forgot to add all the shots of the black hole were priceless. Nothing like going to Jokeland and shutting them up.

meangene
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I noticed Moreno converted four of five third and one carries into first downs against the Raiders. He is a surprising short yardage runner.

Ayers is getting pretty consistent pressure on the quarterback and is often just behind Doom when he gets the sack. Also, he is usually being matched up on the better OT as we are moving Doom to get mismatches.

Reid is a big play guy who is always hustling and around the ball.

Dawkins gives me a sense of confidence in this defense I have not had in a long time.

Broncoman13
10-01-2009, 07:50 AM

Some of mine:

next play.

put into that next gear.

You think maybe it's a guy like... hmmm, maybe BRIAN DAWKINS that is bringing that infectious energy on defense???

no-pseudo-fan
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
On the Marshall play, if you watch closely you will see that he got a little dinged because he came down awkwardly.

Anaximines
10-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I was away last weekend and watched the game for the first time last night. I already knew everything about it and had seen the highlights so it felt like a rewatch.

Moreno is a stud! He gets so much forward momentum, it helps so much that he's always pushing/falling forward when he's tackled.

Can't say enough good things about Dawkins, for all of the reasons that have been mentioned so far.

Same goes for Clady. And even Orton to a lesser extent - he's brought much more than I expected.

Two negatives:
when we couldn't punch through the last yard on the first drive of the game. McDaniels was right to go for it on 4th down: you have to be able to get that if you want to win against good teams.

Ayers. I know some of you guys have been praising him, and I did see him doubled on at least one play, but there were two plays in the second half where he looked like he was running at half speed to the QB. One where he came cleanly through the middle of the line and another where he was chasing JR to the far sideline. I think both times he was far enough away and JR got rid of it soon enough that he couldn't have gotten a sack but both plays just looked weak. Did anyone else see that?

Overall though, we're for real and I'm excited! 8')

Beantown Bronco
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Two negatives:
when we couldn't punch through the last yard on the first drive of the game. McDaniels was right to go for it on 4th down: you have to be able to get that if you want to win against good teams.

Anyone else find it a little comical that, when faced with this same situation in the preseason, they threw it 4 straight times.....which was met with a "he'll never do that in the regular season"......and then he follows it up with 4 straight running plays in the regular season?

Here's to a happy medium next time around......or, better yet, just punching it in on first down and saving us all the stress.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Anyone else find it a little comical that, when faced with this same situation in the preseason, they threw it 4 straight times.....which was met with a "he'll never do that in the regular season"......and then he follows it up with 4 straight running plays in the regular season?

Here's to a happy medium next time around......or, better yet, just punching it in on first down and saving us all the stress.

Playaction pass :thumbs:

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 09:31 AM
I noticed how crazy athletic Clady is - several times he dives and rolls and just clears a path on the left for the runner. Way quicker than a guy his size has any right to be. The move is basically a diving steamroller.

Also noticed Bucky had a huge grin on after his first big run.

Noticed Ayers more - he seems to show up a little more each time. I am very hopeful regarding him.

Orton selling the playaction better now, overall passes look better and more confident.

SoDak Bronco
10-01-2009, 09:38 AM

Or run Knowshon 4 times in a row...He could've jumped over the pile ala Marcus Allen.

Paladin
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Can you give a little love to Ron Fields? Guy has taken up a couple of Cs and Gs. Watch him play. He has advanced beyond the "journeyman" level.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Even though we know clady is a super stud beyond any other. I watched almost every snap he took....Only once did he ever let a player somewhat get by him. Orton made a throw so there was no sack. But other than that Clady stonewalled everyone. EVERYTIME!

Even when seymour dicks came with a big running bull rush, clady would get pushed back a step then he would just anchor down, dig in and that was the end of it. Once he sets his feet, you are toast.

BroncoInSkinland
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Can you give a little love to Ron Fields? Guy has taken up a couple of Cs and Gs. Watch him play. He has advanced beyond the "journeyman" level.
Fields plays a position that is one of the most thankless in the NFL, NT in a 3-4 gets little to none of the spotlight, but has to execute on every play for almost any other defensive player to be effective. Since the defense on the whole is performing so well, I would say it is a strong indicator that Fields is a force to be reckoned with. All that being said, he has been good, but I have yet to see anything that I would call outstanding. But then outstanding plays are few and far between in this scheme at that position. I very easily could have missed something, there has been a LOT to watch on the D side of the ball. Got any specific plays that standout in your mind?
One of the linemen that does have me excited is Reid. In the Cincinatti game, I thought he was one of the keys to getting pressure on Palmer. He was almost there on the sack to start the second quarter which is the play that stands out most in my mind, but he also got pressure a few times when we only went after them with 4 rushers and caused incompletions.

Irish Stout
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
The problem I see here is we have a lot of guys playing at levels higher than what was expected from them. They seem to genuinely enjoy playing this game this hard and they enjoy seeing each other playing as hard as they can. That is great team chemistry - especially on D. It keeps each one of those guys motivated to impress and help out the rest of their D. Gotta love it!

Los Broncos
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
How was Clady's blocking on a second look?

oubronco
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM

yes little Ronnie is playing well

Beantown Bronco
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
The problem I see here is we have a lot of guys playing at levels higher than what was expected from them. They seem to genuinely enjoy playing this game this hard and they enjoy seeing each other playing as hard as they can. That is great team chemistry - especially on D. It keeps each one of those guys motivated to impress and help out the rest of their D. Gotta love it!

This is a problem?

Garcia Bronco
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM

He's the irresistable force and the immovable object all at once.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I've seen this kind of enthusiasm on lots of teams, but not here in a very long time.

Traveler
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm just glad there hasn't been (thus far) this Jekyll & Hyde mentality with the team as has been in recent years.

They've actually been pretty consistent through the first 3 games. No playing up or down to the level of competition.

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
You think maybe it's a guy like... hmmm, maybe BRIAN DAWKINS that is bringing that infectious energy on defense???

Yeah your right about that. Dawkins is kind of a given though and I kept noticing Woodyard in this last game.

Eldorado
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
When larson gets back, you won't be noticing woodyard anymore.

outdoor_miner
10-01-2009, 12:14 PM

That's crazy talk... Woodyard has always joined DJ on the field in Nickel situations (since the start of Training Camp). Larsen returning sure isn't going to change that. In fact, I don't think we'll see too much of him except on Special Teams when he gets back. Davis has been playing too good.

Mr.Meanie
10-01-2009, 01:03 PM

True. Here's a question.... who would lose if Clady had to go up against Clady?

The answer: America

maher_tyler
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM

I'd like to see a little PA mixed in there on 1st or 2nd down on the goaline!

_Oro_
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I think the passing plays in preseason were for practice. I think the running was
to show we were going to in there and push Oakland around. Still I was hoping to see the play they ran with Scheffler in Cleveland.

Los Broncos
10-01-2009, 09:33 PM

So if he doesn't give up a sack on Sunday he'll break the all time record?

Rock Chalk
10-01-2009, 11:48 PM

Larsen is a rotation guy but he isn't ahead of Woodyard, not even close.

Rock Chalk
10-01-2009, 11:50 PM

THis is a stupid question.

Clady is a phenom. Honestly I think he is better than Pace or JOnes in their primes and he is only in his second year.

I see plenty of pro-bowls and most assuredly an all-decade team barring injury.

Honestly, I don't think I have EVER seen any offensive lineman as good as Clady this early.

_Oro_
10-02-2009, 01:56 PM
THis is a stupid question.

Clady is a phenom. Honestly I think he is better than Pace or JOnes in their primes and he is only in his second year.

I see plenty of pro-bowls and most assuredly an all-decade team barring injury.

Honestly, I don't think I have EVER seen any offensive lineman as good as Clady this early.

His only negative last year was that he didn't always clear space on off tackle runs, but it seems this year he's more than taken care of that. Seeing Clady roll down the field while defenders forget about the ball carrier and just try to get out of the way is funny as hell.

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Larsen is a rotation guy but he isn't ahead of Woodyard, not even close.

Woodyard is a liability.

_Oro_
10-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Woodyard is a liability.

????

Chris
10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Trying to get a home Clady jersey for under 20 bucks.

cmhargrove
10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Woodyard is a liability.

Why is he one of the team captains then?

Lev Vyvanse
10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Why is he one of the team captains then?
Special teams captain.

Los Broncos
10-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Trying to get a home Clady jersey for under 20 bucks.

I got one for $8.99 plus shipping, total $79.99. ROFL!