Yds: 760
TDs: 6
QB rating: 86.2
Complete %: 64.4
INTs: 5 (One fumble lost)
Wins: 2

Doggcow
09-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Should have "LOSSES" and "WINS" as literal stats. Orton WON the game vs. Cinci, and Cutler LOST the game vs. GB.

Mogulseeker
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
ORTON NEEDS MORE TDs!

He's silencing the critics, but I still expected him to be putting up more gaudy stats.

prunch
09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
This thread will end well ...

Mr.Meanie
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
ORTON NEEDS MORE TDs!

He's silencing the critics, but I still expected him to be putting up more gaudy stats.

The only gaudy stats I really care about are:

0 INTs
0 Fumbles
0 Losses

Hotwheelz
09-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Maybe people don't get it. It doesn't matter how Cutler does. It doesn't matter if he throws 450 yards and 3td's or 100 yards and 3int's. Stats are nice, but, at the end of the day, they don't matter. All that matters is Wins and Losses. I don't care what he does, as long as the Bears lose and Broncos win. Win ugly, win pretty, it doesn't matter.

Cutler will have good games and bad games. So will Orton. Just let it go.

listopencil
09-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Cutler has enough patience to run our Offense as well as Orton does.

Go ahead.

Run with it.

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
http://kissarmy.50megs.com/ffs.jpg

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 10:28 PM
http://89.238.137.226/flash/f-Attention-Whore-626.jpg

McDman
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
As much as I dislike Cutler there is no denying we'd be nasty with him as our QB.

Spider
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
As much as I dislike Cutler there is no denying we'd be nasty with him as our QB.

sure there is 5 interceptions ...........nuff said

BlaK-Argentina
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Nah. Cutler is NOT the right QB for this system. Brees on the other hand... just imagine.

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/larry_duff/kenthailants.jpg

cutthemdown
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Until Cutler cuts the mistakes out he won't be elite.

Chicago has a cream puff schedule so he probably will do pretty well.
cutler on this team would have been something provided he bought into the system. I'm just not sure he would have.

rastaman
10-01-2009, 03:04 AM
So far the trade btwn Cutler and Orton are working out great for both teams.

The comparisons btwn how both QB's perform will continue to be a big story all season long and rightfully so.

Lets all sit back and let the chips fall where they may and see which QB performed the best and who made their teams Better for the 2009 season vs the 2008.

rastaman
10-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Cutler has enough patience to run our Offense as well as Orton does.

Go ahead.

Run with it.

I guess we will never know.....will we!

rastaman
10-01-2009, 03:12 AM
ORTON NEEDS MORE TDs!

Orton will need to become more efficient with completing passes as the season wears on. Kyle won't have the luxury of throwing away 5 or 6 passes every game, especially if teams get a 10 to 13 point lead on Denver.

Point is, Orton is playing indecisive at times as far as pulling the trigger to complete passes at the precise time of opportunity when the receiver is open. Good defenses will close the window of opportunity really fast btwn the time the Broncos WR's are open and the time Orton makes his decision to throw the ball.

The Joker
10-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Any chance we can just have a big "Jay Cutler Thread" or something?

I realise it's a topic people are going to want to talk about, but I don't see the need for thread after thread about the guy when all of them are pretty much saying some variation of the exact same thing.

Rabb
10-01-2009, 06:03 AM
the only comparison I care about with Jay anymore is he is in Chicago, Orton is here

please, please, please let this go...it really doesn't matter

Orange_Beard
10-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Should have "LOSSES" and "WINS" as literal stats. Orton WON the game vs. Cinci, and Cutler LOST the game vs. GB.

How did Orton win the game? By throwing a ball that was tipped to another player?

The D won that one.

baja
10-01-2009, 06:15 AM
so far the trade btwn cutler and orton are working out great for both teams.

The comparisons btwn how both qb's perform will continue to be a big story all season long and rightfully so.

Lets all sit back and let the chips fall where they may and see which qb performed the best and who made their teams better for the 2009 season vs the 2008.

has hell froze over?

baja
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Any chance we can just have a big "Jay Cutler Thread" or something?

I realise it's a topic people are going to want to talk about, but I don't see the need for thread after thread about the guy when all of them are pretty much saying some variation of the exact same thing.

Everyone of those threads has it's own variation of this post too.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 06:35 AM
has the mane frozen over?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its cold in here

The Joker
10-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Everyone of those threads has it's own variation of this post too.

Yeah, maybe there's a lesson in that.

baja
10-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Yeah, maybe there's a lesson in that.

This is what I don't get, this off season had a level of changes that this franchise has never experienced it is going to be talked about for years to come why are people even surprised about the level of discussion. Another point is every one of these threads is clearly marked as to the subject matter it so easy to not open them it makes me wonder why all the objection, what is the real reason.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Nah. Cutler is NOT the right QB for this system. Brees on the other hand... just imagine.

You do realize that Brees a) threw exactly ONE less interception last year than Cutler (17- and they didn't make the playoffs with the exact same record as the Broncos- OMG He's not a leadurrrr!!111!!), b) is a Vet QB with 3x more experience than Cutler, and c) actually had a running back in the backfield with him, not some guy out of a cell phone booth?

Not to single you out, but your post goes to show the total disregard for the facts surrounding Cutler.

McDman
10-01-2009, 07:00 AM

Oh come one, anyone saying we're better off with Orton as our Q is delusional. I've supported McD this whole time and don't particularly like Cutler, but he has twice the talent Orton has.

Yes he probably would have ints right now, but we'd also have a lot more touchdowns. With our D playing the way it is the ints wouldn't have killed us like they did last year.

I like Orton, but we've left so many points out on the field. We only put up 13 through the first three quarters against the Browns, we do that against a good tea and we're screwed. We also can't settle for field goals against good teams like we did against the Raiders.

baja
10-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Oh come one, anyone saying we're better off with Orton as our Q is delusional. I've supported McD this whole time and don't particularly like Cutler, but he has twice the talent Orton has.

Yes he probably would have ints right now, but we'd also have a lot more touchdowns. With our D playing the way it is the ints wouldn't have killed us like they did last year.

I like Orton, but we've left so many points out on the field. We only put up 13 through the first three quarters against the Browns, we do that against a good tea and we're screwed. We also can't settle for field goals against good teams like we did against the Raiders.

GMs are constantly tweaking teams searching for that elusive chemistry that pulls a team together and makes the team greater than the sum of the parts. The Broncos have that now and never had it with Cutler and the last time we had anything like it before was the year before Cutler became the Broncos QB. Cutler will never be on a team accused of having great chemistry, so glad he's a Bear...

Peoples Champ
10-01-2009, 07:22 AM

yup, with our luck, those 5 INTs would be at the most crucial times, giving more games in the Loss collumn.

tsiguy96
10-01-2009, 07:23 AM
So far the trade btwn Cutler and Orton are working out great for both teams.

The comparisons btwn how both QB's perform will continue to be a big story all season long and rightfully so.

Lets all sit back and let the chips fall where they may and see which QB performed the best and who made their teams Better for the 2009 season vs the 2008.

wait, after all the bitching and moaning you have done for the past few months, you are finally ready to WAIT AND SEE what happens, which is what any logical person on this board has been telling the idiots here to do since 4/2/09?

ohiobronco2
10-01-2009, 07:24 AM

Thank You.

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Mock says Cutler has a better "build" but I don't see that stat listed in the OP?

Dedhed
10-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Cutler Vs. Orton will always be the comparison, and it will always be the fallacy.

The truth is that this team is being built on creating a culture that would not have developed with Cutler.

Cutler will always put up numbers and throw impressive passes. He'll also always have a pedestrian W-L record because he won't do the little things to win ball games that should be easy.

We saw that last year against Oakland, KC, and Buffalo. He simply wasn't willing to take care of the ball and wait until the opportunities were there. Add to that his pouty nature spreading through a team and you have a team that is the opposite of what we are building right now which is Smart, tough, and focused.

Orton will always have pedestrian numbers, and with the tools, a superior W-L record. He doesn't do anything flashy, he just doesn't beat himself or his teammates.

baja
10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Cutler Vs. Orton will always be the comparison, and it will always be the fallacy.

<b>The truth is that this team is being built on creating a culture that would not have developed with Cutler.</b>

Cutler will always put up numbers and throw impressive passes. He'll also always have a pedestrian W-L record because he won't do the little things to win ball games that should be easy.

We saw that last year against Oakland, KC, and Buffalo. He simply wasn't willing to take care of the ball and wait until the opportunities were there. Add to that his pouty nature spreading through a team and you have a team that is the opposite of what we are building right now which is Smart, tough, and focused.

Orton will always have pedestrian numbers, and with the tools, a superior W-L record. He doesn't do anything flashy, he just doesn't beat himself or his teammates.

Well said - give this man a Churchill and put the quote in my tag.

baja
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM

<b>The truth is that this team is being built on creating a culture that would not have developed with Cutler.</b>

Read it again Biitches

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM

The truth is that this team is being built on creating a culture that would not have developed with Cutler.

All conjecture. This argument might be completely moot by the end of this season, let alone the next few. You cannot make these statements about Cutler at 26 years old.

Bronco fans should know better. People said Elway didn't have it in him to win the big one too. How'd that turn out?

baja
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
All conjecture. This argument might be completely moot by the end of this season, let alone the next few. You cannot make these statements about Cutler at 26 years old.

Bronco fans should know better. <b>People said Elway didn't have it in him to win the big one too. How'd that turn out?

Next time you see a women with a beautiful ass ask your girl friend why she doesn't have an ass like that, it is the same thing you are proposing.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Next time you see a women with a beautiful ass ask your girl friend why she doesn't have an ass like that, it is the same thing you are proposing.

:spit: SMMMMMMMMMMMMACK :spit:

TailgateNut
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
You cannot make these statements about Cutler at 26 years old.

?

Is that right? Why not?

on the other hand, you, jhns, bf7,Atwaterhis own ass,the gay preacher and a few others CAN make statements that he is the next FOOTBALL GOD.

Hell, I'll go out on a limb and say he MIGHT be special one day, but I'm not going out on a limb when i say, HE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY HERE, and the team is better off without his ego.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Couple opinions here:

1) I watched the Bears side-by-side with the Broncos Sunday, and without Cutler, Bears lose.
2) We'll win as many games this year without Cutler as we would have won with him
3) Josh's offense is not a good one for Jay.
3) The trade was still a mistake

Jason in LA
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM

Pretty much what I thought. It's not even a legit comparison because the teams are so different from each other. Give Cutler a good defense and they aren't passing the ball so much.

Jason in LA
10-01-2009, 09:29 AM

Wow, you're really giving Orton credit for the Cincy win? Or are you just pointing out that the Broncos won the game with him at QB? Dude throws a bad pass that luckily gets tipped up and goes for a TD and Orton made the play? He kind of sucked that game. One play changed his passer rating from a 71 to over 100. If you really want to break it down the defense and a fluke play won the game.

Peoples Champ
10-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, you're really giving Orton credit for the Cincy win? Or are you just pointing out that the Broncos won the game with him at QB? Dude throws a bad pass that luckily gets tipped up and goes for a TD and Orton made the play? He kind of sucked that game. One play changed his passer rating from a 71 to over 100. If you really want to break it down the defense and a fluke play won the game.

I would agree

Not trying to make excuses for the kid, but it was his first game back from his dislocated finger.

tsiguy96
10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Pretty much what I thought. It's not even a legit comparison because the teams are so different from each other. Give Cutler a good defense and they aren't passing the ball so much.

oh what bull****, all summer the bears are legit playoff contenders because tehy have him and a legit defense, now that the broncos appear to be a better more rounded team, cutler needs a good defense all over, hes no longer the savior? give me a ****ing break.

we heard all summer how we traded the wrong pick for alphonso because we had a potential top 5 pick and the bears are favorites to win super bowls. now all cutler needs is a good defense. again. maybe if cutler stops turning the ball over they would have one, and that good defense almost saved his ass in GB and DID save his ass in seattle.

Jason in LA
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM
oh what bull****, all summer the bears are legit playoff contenders because tehy have him and a legit defense, now that the broncos appear to be a better more rounded team, cutler needs a good defense all over, hes no longer the savior? give me a ****ing break.

we heard all summer how we traded the wrong pick for alphonso because we had a potential top 5 pick and the bears are favorites to win super bowls. now all cutler needs is a good defense. again. maybe if cutler stops turning the ball over they would have one, and that good defense almost saved his ass in GB and DID save his ass in seattle.

I'm not talking about anything that has to do with Cutler on the Bears. I'm talking about Cutler in a legit offense with the Broncos. Give that offense a good defense and they don't rely on the pass so much. In other words, if last year's Broncos O, with Cutler, could be paired with this year's Broncos defense, the team would be special. They wouldn't rely on the pass so much, limiting the ints and the passing game would be a lot more efficient. That's all I'm saying. Don't get your panties all in a bunch. It's like "Cutler" is a bad word to you or something.

Popps
10-01-2009, 09:53 AM
could be paired with this year's Broncos defense, the team would be special. They wouldn't rely on the pass so much, limiting the ints and the passing game would be a lot more efficient. .

Yea, that's something we can speculate about, but we just don't know. The Buffalo game wasn't a high-scoring game last year, but at crunch time... Cutler couldn't cut it.

Would he have been throwing balls away when nothing was there like Orton is doing thus far? Something tells me he may have been taking more chances. Orton hasn't gotten frustrated, or forced any throws into bad situations. Cutler is well-known for taking too many chances, and letting his mechanics go to hell when he gets frustrated.

Then, there's the question of whether or not he's patient and intelligent enough to run our offense properly. We can speculate that he is... but we don't know.

Again, Josh McDaniels is a born football coach. He lives and breathes it. The guy is one of the better offensive minds in the game. He felt like Matt Cassel gave him a better chance of running the offense effectively than Cutler.

Now, you can call him an idiot, as we look at an improved, 3-0 team. But, the point remains... McDaniels saw something that concerned him in Cutler.
There were a lot of QB-desperate teams around the league that passed on Cutler.

So, this notion that he would have been awesome in our system is pure speculation with no supportive evidence at all. The book on Cutler is far from complete, and thus far... he looks like nothing more than a physically talented QB who has a long way to go.

2KBack
10-01-2009, 10:23 AM
You do realize that Brees a) threw exactly ONE less interception last year than Cutler (17- and they didn't make the playoffs with the exact same record as the Broncos- OMG He's not a leadurrrr!!111!!), b) is a Vet QB with 3x more experience than Cutler, and c) actually had a running back in the backfield with him, not some guy out of a cell phone booth?

Not to single you out, but your post goes to show the total disregard for the facts surrounding Cutler.

you do realize that Brees threw 1 less INT and 9 MORE touchdowns than Cutler last year and didn't have his A) top 2 recievers most of the season, or B)his top 2 running backs. Oh yeah and has led his team to the NFC championship game, and is the unquestioned leader of his team.

you might want to not disregard the facts surrounding Brees.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Yea, that's something we can speculate about, but we just don't know. The Buffalo game wasn't a high-scoring game last year, but at crunch time... Cutler couldn't cut it.

Would he have been throwing balls away when nothing was there like Orton is doing thus far? Something tells me he may have been taking more chances. Orton hasn't gotten frustrated, or forced any throws into bad situations. Cutler is well-known for taking too many chances, and letting his mechanics go to hell when he gets frustrated.

Then, there's the question of whether or not he's patient and intelligent enough to run our offense properly. We can speculate that he is... but we don't know.

Again, Josh McDaniels is a born football coach. He lives and breathes it. The guy is one of the better offensive minds in the game. He felt like Matt Cassel gave him a better chance of running the offense effectively than Cutler.

Now, you can call him an idiot, as we look at an improved, 3-0 team. But, the point remains... McDaniels saw something that concerned him in Cutler.

So, this notion that he would have been awesome in our system is pure speculation with no supportive evidence at all. The book on Cutler is far from complete, and thus far... he looks like nothing more than a physically talented QB who has a long way to go.

Now how in the hell would you know this...........come on now ROFL!

BroncoInferno
10-01-2009, 10:39 AM

Orton is only 26 as well. Yet you and others seem certain that he is what he is and has no chance to improve.

UberBroncoMan
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM
People keep forgetting that Cutler went from a West Coast offense with Shanahan to another West Coast offense under Turner in Chicago.

Cutler really has had almost no adjustments to make outside of getting timing/dealing with new receivers.

The team is built off of running the ball and play-action which was always a staple of Bronco teams, granted not really in 08 due to how bad our RB core was decimated.

I'm not surprised to see Cutler doing so damn good after the first crappy game.

Hester/Knox and him are also a match in heaven via Go-Rout. They are so ****ing fast, and Cutler has such a powerful arm that if either of them gets 1-1 man, they can take off and potentially get the ball for an easy TD 65 yards down the field.

The only guy in Denver who could do that was Royal.

Orton has had it a lot harder learning wise. He can say whatever about using the spread in college but that's been years and it's still completely different terminology.

The West Coast offense suits Cutler well due to this professional experience in it... but to say he'd suck in this one is stupid. All he's done the last two games in Chicago has been dink-dink-short bullets with the occasional bomb off of play-action. Hence why Cutler has completed %'s above 70% in the last two games (one which was vs Pitt, who even without Troy have an above average defense).

Cutler would have been great here, but Orton is doing fine at the moment. It still sucks to see throws like the one to Tony in the Cinci game which would have been an easy TD if a stronger arm had thrown it. We'll see how Orton holds up vs better defenses that cause more confusion and have more talent.

I just hope both Ayers and Smith pan out... if they can both prove to be Pro-Bowl quality talent down the road and the QB situation is stable the trade will look much better.

BlaK-Argentina
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Orton is only 26 as well. Yet you and others seem certain that he is what he is and has no chance to improve.

Ouch. ROFL!

BlaK-Argentina
10-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Couple opinions here:

1) I watched the Bears side-by-side with the Broncos Sunday, and without Cutler, Bears lose.
2) We'll win as many games this year without Cutler as we would have won with him
3) The trade was still a mistake

??? If this offense is not right for him and we will win just as many games without him, how was the trade a mistake when... at least for now, it has made Denver a better team?

Pontius Pirate
10-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Bring back Patrick Ramsey.

DarkHorse30
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
so far both QBs are fine by me. Orton is winning AFC games (which helps us get into playoffs) and Cutler is beating Seattle accidentally (which improves our draft choice) and knocking down Pittsburgh (which again improves playoff possibilities for Denver).

I hope Chicago wins every AFC game.....and wouldn't cry if Cutler ends up doing well in Chicago. I'll be interested to see how he does in divisional games, because he used to struggle with that in Denver.

Beantown Bronco
10-01-2009, 01:43 PM
and Cutler is beating Seattle accidentally (which improves our draft choice)

Ummmmm, what?

JCMElway
10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah....We get Chicago's draft choice, not Seattle's.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM

I agree, Orton will get better, but his physical attributes- and therefore his ceiling- are much lower than those of Cutler.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM

Popps loves making **** up so long as it suits his purpose.

JJJ
10-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Orton appeared to be struggling in that first half of that Raider game. With those gifts you were given he should have put you up 21-0 in his sleep. I don't see a guy with the killer instinct to deliver the knockout blows.

Dallas will bring the heat so I think this will be a great test for the neckbearded one. If the picks stay at zero after this one I will be impressed. Next five games will let you know if you really have a QB in Denver.

maher_tyler
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Cutler would have had enough patience to run our Offense as well as Orton does.

Go ahead.

Run with it.

Fixed it for you! I agree...although since the Bears week 1 game he seems or at least they seem to take less shots down field and playing more of the conservative style they did with Orton!

maher_tyler
10-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Well said sir!! +1

maher_tyler
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Orton appeared to be struggling in that first half of that Raider game. With those gifts you were given he should have put you up 21-0 in his sleep. I don't see a guy with the killer instinct to deliver the knockout blows.

Dallas will bring the heat so I think this will be a great test for the neckbearded one. If the picks stay at zero after this one I will be impressed. Next five games will let you know if you really have a QB in Denver.

Dallas can bring it all they want...hope they're ready for a lot of 3 step drops and screens!

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
??? If this offense is not right for him and we will win just as many games without him, how was the trade a mistake when... at least for now, it has made Denver a better team?

I realize it seems contradictory, but I actually believe 2, 3, and 4 co-exist:

4) The trade was still a mistake

tsiguy96
10-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm not talking about anything that has to do with Cutler on the Bears. I'm talking about Cutler in a legit offense with the Broncos. Give that offense a good defense and they don't rely on the pass so much. In other words, if last year's Broncos O, with Cutler, could be paired with this year's Broncos defense, the team would be special. They wouldn't rely on the pass so much, limiting the ints and the passing game would be a lot more efficient. That's all I'm saying. Don't get your panties all in a bunch. It's like "Cutler" is a bad word to you or something.

as opposed to orton being paired with this teams defense, going 3-0 and not turning the ball over once...good call, cutler would do far better.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
If you haters intend to wait until Jay crashes and burns to feel better about yourselves, you're gonna have a very long wait.

Yes, he lacked some maturity here, but his numbers were through the roof from Day 1 on the field. There's nothing to indicate he won't improve like any other player does headed into mid-career.

CEH
10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Our passing offense has been out of sync as everyone is still learning
It's been a very passive passing offense and I think it's converstive on purpose with McD knowing if we don't turn the ball over against CLEV and OAK we can win without much yards through the air.

This week we'll need more from Orton and the passing game to stay in thegame

Funny Denver doesn't have one WR in the top 40 in yards. Bears have 3.

That I think shows the difference between Cutler and Orton. Cutler is a passer and will get yards through the air. Orton so far is just not trying to turn the ball over. Ultra game manager like I said probably by design.

I don't think over the next 8 games the mantra will be don't throw INTS as we should expect some in exchange for more yards through the air

I'd like to see Orton completion % come up because right now it's way too low for the kind of offense Josh is trying to run. 62%+ should be a good mark while keeping the ypa around 7.5 which is way above average

Popps
10-01-2009, 04:23 PM

Umm... how would I know teams were QB-desperate?

Checked out the situations in Tampa, St. Louis or Jacksonville lately? Washington?

The Vikings passed, as well... despite being a team on the brink.

If you're asking how I know they passed, I'm just going on media reports and the fact that all in all, a couple of first round picks was a fairly reasonable price for the supposed franchise QB. If there was a true bidding war, we could have likely received more.

Minny and NY came out and publicly said they weren't interested.

Imagine if P. Manning or Elway were available in their prime. TRUE franchise QBs. It would have taken more than a couple of 1's to get them.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM

Checked out the situations in Tampa, St. Louis or Jacksonville lately? Washington?

If you're asking how I know they passed, I'm just going on media reports and the fact that all in all, a couple of first round picks was a fairly reasonable price for the supposed franchise QB. If there was a true bidding war, we could have likely received more.

Imagine if P. Manning or Elway were available in their prime. TRUE franchise QBs. It would have taken more than a couple of 1's to get them.

Or maybe the bears had the ability to part with the picks and the QB that McDaniels wanted the most.

Cutler is already in his prime? Well then, you realize that he has better #s and a better winning % than Peyton Manning had at 26, Right?!?! so based on your logic, you would have traded Peyton Manning as well, after all, he hadn't shown the ability to win a Super Bowl by his 3rd year either.

Way to disprove your entire thesis all on your own.

:thumbs:

HAHA.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Or maybe the bears had the ability to part with the picks and the QB that McDaniels wanted the most.

der.
Wait a minute ... Flip-Popps is saying the reason there was a feeding frenzy for Jay was because several teams "just so happened" to be desperate for a QB? Sheesh, what part of two first-round picks and a starting QB does he not understand? hmmm...

It's a weak mind that has to bash Cutler to feel better about itself.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 05:15 PM

NO it's quite simple How do "YOU" know that alot of desperate teams PASSED on Cutler?

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
NO it's quite simple How do "YOU" know that alot of desperate teams PASSED on Cutler?

here, I'll save you the time.

he doesn't.

hambone13
10-01-2009, 05:43 PM
here, I'll save you the time.

he doesn't.

No, there we probably a lot more teams out there who were interested but were smart enough to keep it under wraps that they were interested...

Inkana7
10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
If you haters intend to wait until Jay crashes and burns to feel better about yourselves, you're gonna have a very long wait.

Yes, he lacked some maturity here, but his numbers were through the roof from Day 1 on the field. There's nothing to indicate he won't improve like any other player does headed into mid-career.

And as we all know, stats are the only things that matter.

maher_tyler
10-01-2009, 06:10 PM
And as we all know, stats are the only things that matter.

Yea...who care if we lose, as long as everyone has great stats :thumbsup: