PDA

View Full Version : The Dwayne Bowe appreciation thread...

HAT
09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Thank you Dwayne for not controlling that kick!

:thanku::thanku::thanku:

Pick Six
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Refresh my memory. Are you talking about something that happened in the Philly game? I can most assuredly say that KC didn't lose to Philly because of one play...

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 11:35 PM
SD game. Bowe controls onside kick, SD lose, we make the playoffs, Cutler, SHanny and Slowick stay.

BroncoDoug
09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
he talking about last year KC vs SD when bowe dropped the onside kick. thus allowing SD to win, and eventually get to the playoffs, leading to the firing of shanny, departure of cutler, and arrival of McD....

BroncoMan4ever
09-30-2009, 11:37 PM
i will second the motion on giving thanks to Bowe for that missed onside recovery.

TDmvp
09-30-2009, 11:39 PM
If you like the coaching / player changes or not , I think most of us can agree this thread was started by a http://farm1.static.flickr.com/53/140890892_0e14101cb5.jpg

!Booya!!Booya!!Booya!

The mods should so go all thread Nazi and just start combining all the B.S. rehashing , firebombing , and pot stirring threads , and all polls from Baja.

We won't know if we did the right thing for years , so get over it and or yourselves and enjoy our good start ...

cutthemdown
09-30-2009, 11:47 PM
It's nice people are happy but it's like they forget how we choked last yr at the end.

Broncos often start fast and finish slow.

Let's hope this team is different. Still though there is some face rubbing going on here and there that will just make it tougher for us to talk Broncos football. Especially if season gets tough, we lose some games, and we have the anti-mcdaniels crowd asserting how they were right after all.

Lets just watch the season and analyze it in 4 game chunks. Broncos have one more in this group of games. After that we looks and see what we have. The 4 after that will really show us.

I'd hate to see a bunch of threads saying I told you so after some losses. It's hard enough to deal with Broncos losing without other Broncos fans piling on each other.

HAT
10-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Still though there is some face rubbing going on here and there

Not in this thread there isn't.

Not face rubbing at all. I'm just thanking DB for indirectly leading to a new culture of Bronco football.

3-13 or 14-2 I am sincerely grateful to enjoy watching Slowick-less football.

GO BRONCOS!

Pick Six
10-01-2009, 01:40 AM
he talking about last year KC vs SD when bowe dropped the onside kick. thus allowing SD to win, and eventually get to the playoffs, leading to the firing of shanny, departure of cutler, and arrival of McD....

Ah, well...

We controlled our destiny. We only had to win one game. Dwayne Bowe gets no credit from me...Ha!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Bob's your Information Minister
10-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Now you guys are suddenly glad Cutler is gone...fools.

cutthemdown
10-01-2009, 02:43 AM

It's not as bad as you fools though. I mean you were all excited about Cassel, and your team paid him big time.

Meanwhile your best players got traded away.

Brandon Albert a bust at tackle and Wiegman still going strong for Broncos.

The only reason Cassel did well was because Mcdaniels was in his ear, calling the plays.

OBF1
10-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Brandon Albert is a Guard.

HAT
10-01-2009, 10:44 AM

This thread has ZERO to do with Cutler.

Now run along troll. Don't you have some syrup that needs to be mainlined?

spdirty
10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow. Now a #1 fan is happy that Bowes fumbling of an onsides kick cost us the AFC West and a home playoff game. Is that the new criteria for being a #1 fan now?

bronco militia
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
after 3 games?

"GO AHEAD AND CROWN THEIR ASS!!"

HAT
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow. Now a #1 fan is happy that Bowes fumbling of an onsides kick cost us the AFC West and a home playoff game. Is that the new criteria for being a #1 fan now?

Happy that Denver missed the playoffs? Not a chance.

Happy that it led to a fundamental change in team culture, work ethic, philosophy? BIG TIME.

:~ohyah!:

oubronco
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
after 3 games?

"GO AHEAD AND CROWN THEIR ASS!!"

Yes CROWN THEIR ASSES

broncocalijohn
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM

as far as that miss on the onside kick might have changed things for the better (in the future), I still cant be excited about missing the playoffs. We will always be that team with a 4 game lead and 4 games to go and blew it. I guess this might be a little different since it is in retrospect unlike a guy named Lex who was rooting for a Denver loss vs the Vikings (during the game) so we can move up from 12th to 8th in the 08 draft. I guess that 12th pick turned out to be a major bust for us, huh?

bronco militia
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
as far as that miss on the onside kick might have changed things for the better (in the future), I still cant be excited about missing the playoffs. We will always be that team with a 4 game lead and 4 games to go and blew it. I guess this might be a little different since it is in retrospect unlike a guy named Lex who was rooting for a Denver loss vs the Vikings (during the game) so we can move up from 12th to 8th in the 08 draft. I guess that 12th pick turned out to be a major bust for us, huh?

3 game lead with a 3 to go

anyway, the 2008 bucs had a bigger collapse than the broncos, they just started their's earlier

baja
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM

No we be the team with the 3 game lead with 3 to go and blew it.

400HZ
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Hopefully the good fortune continues and you get some nice, high draft picks. Playoffs? What a waste of time.

Popcorn Sutton
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Brandon Albert is a Guard.

That KC drafted to play tackle.

Peoples Champ
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Yes, When your team does better without someone, you are happy that person is gone. Its tough to have feelings like this when the Chiefs are always bad.

baja
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM

My only regret is you didn't get him.

spdirty
10-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Yeah I was rooting for us to lose that game too, since I didnt think there was a chance in hell Clady wouldve slipped to 12, but things worked out well with that game.

misturanderson
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
What would the point have been of making the playoffs last year anyway? So we could have had slight bragging rights over the chargers after they kicked the crap out of us? We weren't going to beat indy or anyone else in the playoffs last year. I would rather not make the playoffs than have them handed to us without earning it and get killed.

spdirty
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM

Till the Sunday that Orton blows a game for us and Cutler leads the Bears to another come from behind victory. till then, Cutler sucks I guess. Thats what we have to say in order to be "true fans."

And you are still a freaking douche with an even bigger douche quarterback.

spdirty
10-01-2009, 12:01 PM
What would the point have been of making the playoffs last year anyway? So we could have had slight bragging rights over the chargers after they kicked the crap out of us? We weren't going to beat indy or anyone else in the playoffs last year. I would rather not make the playoffs than have them handed to us without earning it and get killed.

I wanted Cutler to go into that game, take 1 snap, throw it to Rivers head, then go to the locker room and let our 2nd teamers play the rest of that game.

And we wouldve had a home playoff game as well. You always root for that no matter what.

misturanderson
10-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I wanted Cutler to go into that game, take 1 snap, throw it to Rivers head, then go to the locker room and let our 2nd teamers play the rest of that game.

And we wouldve had a home playoff game as well. You always root for that no matter what.

I forgot that we would have had a home playoff game, but let's be honest, the only team we beat at home in our last 5 home games, was the chiefs...barely. As in, Bly had to make the first real tackle of his career to keep Thigpen from running it in for the tying score with all of the momentum going their way. We almost lost to the 3rd worst team in the league at home.

We had no home field advantage last year.

We would have been embarassed at home in the playoffs just like we would have on the road.

spdirty
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I forgot that we would have had a home playoff game, but let's be honest, the only team we beat at home in our last 5 home games, was the chiefs...barely. As in, Bly had to make the first real tackle of his career to keep Thigpen from running it in for the tying score with all of the momentum going their way. We almost lost to the 3rd worst team in the league at home.

We had no home field advantage last year.

We would have been embarassed at home in the playoffs just like we would have on the road.

Thats the same attitude that some Broncos fans had when we went to the Super Bowl in '97.

TDmvp
10-01-2009, 06:36 PM
My only regret is you didn't get him.

Jeez you are a moron ...

Ironlung
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Thats the same attitude that some Broncos fans had when we went to the Super Bowl in '97.

While the 97 defense didn't play well in the regular season, they were nowhere near the the steaming pile that was the 2008 Broncos d.

Rock Chalk
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
spdirty is still hung up on Cutler.

What a fag.

spdirty
10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
While the 97 defense didn't play well in the regular season, they were nowhere near the the steaming pile that was the 2008 Broncos d.

I was talking about the 12-15 point dog status and the 0-4 SB record going into that game.