PDA

View Full Version : Just to clear something up...

Pages : 1 [2]

Lev Vyvanse
10-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes.

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 06:37 PM
You dont think we were too pass happy last year?

run or pass, I'm taking clady over anybody in last years draft.

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes.

whait, wut?

FireFly
10-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Of course it is.....It just makes you that much more of an idiot for thinking you know more than people who are paid millions to manage billion dollar businesses.

BS.

Look at the raiders? I could defs run that team better.

Lev Vyvanse
10-02-2009, 06:49 PM
whait, wut?
We passed to much last year. Regardless I'm taken Clady even if we pass as much as the raiders. Don't worry I'm not going full Lex. You never go full Lex.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2009, 06:55 PM
This has to be a first ... a poll that's 114 to 1

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
We passed to much last year. Regardless I'm taken Clady even if we pass as much as the raiders. Don't worry I'm not going full Lex. You never go full Lex.

ROFLMFAO!!

That will get used again.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Actually SoCal was pretty reasonable and you know this too because we were all there during our rountable. There were a number of things he mentioned that he specifically liked, such as his faith in the coaching staff, how he felt the secondary was upgraded to a good mix of veterans and youth to build on. So no, I wasn't referring to SoCal directly. SoCal was one of the name-callers, but he's always been able to remain objective even when it came to us drafting players from schools he hated, or players he didn't care for.

There was a lot of people ripping on the Moreno selection. Lex in particular because once again it wasn't "His" running back.
A lot of people hated the Ayers pick too b/c it wasn't Rey-Rey.
The people ripping on the D-line couldn't have waited until they played some games first? It's one thing to be skeptical. The haters declared us dead before waiting to see otherwise.
It wasn't "correct" to question the Quinn trade just because your draft magazine or Quinn himself said he wouldn't be drafted. Neither has any experience as a GM and he's blocked like a maniac and is playing every game.
Questioning the draft in general is worthless because it takes three years to tell.
Maualuga is big and stupid and it shows. Just b/c he's made some nice hits doesn't mean he isn't biting on play action. He has his uses but he's not smart enough to play in this defense.
Skipping on Ron Brace and the 'Phonso trade is one area I was critical of this team on. And I liked the pick but questioned what we gave up. Ultimately how we finish and how both players do a few years from now will grade the trade. That's many months away, so let's call that one when it's clearer.

Again, I don't mind when people express skepticism, concern, or disagree. I myself had problems with the "franchise long snapper" and overspending in the draft. I do have a problem with people getting mad about something that hasn't happened yet, i.e., saying the team is going to win two games, being upset like it's already happened, and proposing we fire McDaniels now to fix the problem that isn't there. How many times did you read "this team is going to suck. **** Mcdip****! McDummy thinks he's smarter than everyone. McDoornob needs go. He's 'ruining' this awesome team." Now not all of you were this stupid. But most of the people that were mad made up their mind about the team in March and complained the whole way. That's not being a fan, that's being a gun-jumping whiner.

I haven't been around too much, but I can agree that things have swung too far back the other way. That's some percentage of why I took a break actually, it was too divisive and I don't need the negativity right now. There are some who rip on you even if you point out our team's current weaknesses or mention that we've played two crappy offenses so our defense's numbers are inflated.

However this is a direct result of the three months of the whinging and name-calling everyone who simply wanted to wait and see had to endure. Does it make it mature? No. But if you're going to declare predictions of misery and woe with such certainty, and name call and belittle someone before they're proven, when you're shown to be wrong it's going to smash you back in your face. There were a small minority who made predictions that the team would do well ala Montrose's 13-3 prediction, which I thought also was premature, however the majority of the people jumping the gun were the whiners. While I won't join the mob, I have absolutely no sympathy for you guys. I'll say the same thing I told Montrose: "You wan't to make a prediction, fine. But if you're wrong, be ready for the consequences." It's just a message board anyway, and if it's too hard take some time.

Personally I still think it's too early to say one group was right or wrong (except for the people who said we were going 0-16 or like Atlas who guaranteed we'd lose to the Bengals.) So there is still a lot of time and I am going to continue to wait and watch, and most of all enjoy Broncos football before I make any declaration about where the team is at. I do like our special teams coverage, I like not having Slowick (I told you that alone would be better) and I like our staff and the faith the players have in them. So let's see.

I'll just give this final warning. Over the last several months I've been meticulously keeping a word file of just about every prediction many here made concerning the doom of this team, Orton and McDaniels every time I read one. It is several pages long. There is still enough season for things to break either way, but once there is some clarity on the issue, say after eight or nine more games, I'm going to repost them so we can all see how smart those posters were. My suspicion is a lot of people are going to look incredibly stupid in that time.

This is true. But if you point it out they'll try to turn it on you as being a jerk. I hope you kept the numerous times people said, "I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong."

It was getting just ridiculous the total disdain shown for all things Bronco from January - September. It showed a lack of NFL knowledge and a lack of regard for the team. I posted numerous times it was a hysterical reaction akin to taking binker away from a toddler.

I finally put a slew of posters on ignore. I was skipping over their posts anyway since there wasn't much football knowledge to be gleaned from their drivel. The threads sure got a lot shorter, and I doubt I missed much if anything relevant to the 2009 season.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2009, 07:52 AM
The new angle is the "real fan" defense. Instead of just owning the ridiculous overreactions and horribly ill-fated predictions, a counter-attack has ensued charging people of essentially causing them to behave so ridiculously.

People have made silly claims... and been proven wrong. So, instead of manning up, they're just going on the offensive. Pretty goofy, really.

As a majority of us said in the preseason, the club was moving in the right direction and we needed much more evidence before we could chastise anyone.

Certainly being fans, the majority of us remained as upbeat about the team as possible. But, others jumped ship or turned troll, and now the history re-write is taking place.

It sure seems that, like you said... just admitting an overreaction would be much simpler.

What got to me about those who sneered at all things Bronco was the pure glee they got from bashing the Broncos.

They piled on. Repping each other, answering a Bronco-bashing post with a :thumbs:, etc.

Hell, there are people proud they booed the Broncos.

Jason in LA
10-03-2009, 08:08 AM
If you were called an idiot or were verbally pushed around, maybe it has more to do with the way you composed yourself than your stance on the coaching staff/organization.

I totally agree. Question the moves in anyway and tsiguy96 is ready to jump all over folks. It's kind of annoying.

Kaylore
10-03-2009, 08:29 AM
run or pass, I'm taking clady over anybody in last years draft.

By the way, did you hear the Mendenhall can't play this week because he doesn't know his playbook? The guy Lex wanted instead of Clady is a year and change into the league and he still hasn't learned his playbook.

Kaylore
10-03-2009, 08:30 AM
This is true. But if you point it out they'll try to turn it on you as being a jerk. I hope you kept the numerous times people said, "I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong."
To be fair, many did say "I hope I'm wrong." Many did not, though.

Ironlung
10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
You haters are funny. Now you say you were just questioning or disagreeing with the FO. THIS IS FALSE. You were 100% sure the Broncos would 100% fail in everyway. Every post from you was hate and doom, YOU WERE WRONG AND ARE NOW TRYING TO DOWNPLAY IT. It really is funny.

During this time did anyone else notice that the usual trolls were absent? I mean, why would they troll when the "fans" already had it covered?

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 08:40 AM

If ya got any dirt on me, I'll gladly take it. I had some serious doubts about the front 7, but it looks like they are much better than I feared. I already ate some crow on the Andra Davis pickup in another thread, I never thoguht that guy could be productive for us as anything but a motivator, but I was wrong. I do think one or two more games would be the appropriate wait time, but if Cincy keeps playing the way they have been it will be hard to argue that we didn't already hold a good ofensive team to 7 points.

lex
10-03-2009, 08:42 AM
By the way, did you hear the Mendenhall can't play this week because he doesn't know his playbook? The guy Lex wanted instead of Clady is a year and change into the league and he still hasn't learned his playbook.

I was about improving the running game...but we've been over that.

I also think its funny how people think a player on one team will be utilized the same on another. If we had drafted Maroney in 06 as many thought, Im guessing he would have been more productive.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 08:45 AM
This is true. But if you point it out they'll try to turn it on you as being a jerk.
Because, like I told Khan, you ARE being a jerk to do such a thing.

Don't you guys realize these listmakers are gonna CHERRY PICK the results from the lists that justify their "I told you so" nonsense?

Don't think for even one nanosecond that Khan is going to point out where he was wrong and his "enemies" were right ... those points will never see the light of day. We see how angry Popps and Khan and others are (and anger is the correct term), they crave some twisted kind of "revenge" against those who disagreed with their rosy outlooks. Accordingly, they're going to ignore their own wrong opinions, and trumpet their enemies' miscalculations. It's everything that's wrong with message boards: the compulsion to "prove I'm right and you're wrong." And, for the umpteenth time, Psychology 101: It is a weak position that is threatened by contrary opinions of others (see Bush, George W.)

In addition, like it or not, they will be selective about whom they attack. For example, (although I don't mean to single out Khan so heavily), Khan and SoCalBronco are good friends (I'm friends with them too), but no way Jose will Khan single out SoCal's many negative opinions when the time comes. Why not? Because it's not a pure football inquiry, it's personal. It's about "settling scores" with those who dared predict negative results, even on the smallest of personnel moves.

For all these truths, everyone ... you're welcome :thanku:

Jason in LA
10-03-2009, 08:49 AM

My running line during the offseason when I was criticizing this team was "I'm rooting for them to prove me wrong." But like you said, many didn't say anything like that and it seemed like they wanted to be right so bad that they were rooting for the Broncos to fail.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Again, I don't mind when people express skepticism, concern, or disagree. I myself had problems with the "franchise long snapper" and overspending in the draft. I do have a problem with people getting mad about something that hasn't happened yet, i.e., saying the team is going to win two games, being upset like it's already happened, and proposing we fire McDaniels now to fix the problem that isn't there. How many times did you read "this team is going to suck. **** Mcdip****! McDummy thinks he's smarter than everyone. McDoornob needs go. He's 'ruining' this awesome team." Now not all of you were this stupid. But most of the people that were mad made up their mind about the team in March and complained the whole way. That's not being a fan, that's being a gun-jumping whiner.
Much of what you say there makes total good sense. But again, the bolded part is pure SoCal ... are you gonna call him out as an "gun-jumping whiner?" I don't think so, and I sure hope not.

But lex, of course he is fair game. Forget that tons of people - scouts and professional talent evaluators from all over - thought Rashard Mendenhall was the bomb. No, we can look back and make fun of lex, because a) he's lex, and b) because he happened to be wrong about a player who great numbers of professionals liked, too.

It's not a pure football inquiry ... it's personal.

Jason in LA
10-03-2009, 08:59 AM
The folks who were openly rooting for this team to fail are very annoying, but on the flip side, the folks who wore their orange and blue glasses can be just as annoying, especially now that they are patting themselves on the back after only three games. Some of them are taking shots at the people who were critical of the team, and they seem to be lumping everybody in the same category. Not everybody who was critical of the team was rooting against the team. Actually, I'd say that most of us have been rooting this team on just like any other year.

The truth about this team is somewhere in the middle. They have proven that they aren't bottom feeders, but they haven't proven that they are a playoff team yet. These next five games will prove that. Hopefully they can win 3 of them. That would have this team sitting pretty nice.

lex
10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Much of what you say there makes total good sense. But again, the bolded part is pure SoCal ... are you gonna call him out as an "gun-jumping whiner?" I don't think so, and I sure hope not.

But lex, of course he is fair game. Forget that tons of people - scouts and professional talent evaluators from all over - thought Rashard Mendenhall was the bomb. No, we can look back and make fun of lex, because a) he's lex, and b) because he happened to be wrong about a player who great numbers of professionals liked, too.

It's not a pure football inquiry ... it's personal.

Once again, my biggest grievance was about neglecting the running game, as Ive said before. We passed 600 times last year. A HOF was fired after the season. Our QB is constantly blasted for throwing INTs in the red zone. We had inconsistencies that come with being pass happy that put greater pressure on an already suspect defense. Also, when they brought in a coach, he drafted RB in the first and a run blocking TE in the 2nd. Again, how was I wrong about the need to improve the running game?

Kaylore makes it sound like I started breaking stuff when they drafted Clady. Thats not true at all. I got annoyed when they did nothing about the running game until they drafted Torain. Ive previously provided a link to a thread from that draft day where I said I wasnt as upset about Clady as much as I was annoyed with the neglect of the running game. Amazingly this gets ignored.

BroncoInSkinland
10-03-2009, 09:20 AM
The folks who were openly rooting for this team to fail are very annoying, but on the flip side, the folks who wore their orange and blue glasses can be just as annoying, especially now that they are patting themselves on the back after only three games. Some of them are taking shots at the people who were critical of the team, and they seem to be lumping everybody in the same category. Not everybody who was critical of the team was rooting against the team. Actually, I'd say that most of us have been rooting this team on just like any other year.

The truth about this team is somewhere in the middle. They have proven that they aren't bottom feeders, but they haven't proven that they are a playoff team yet. These next five games will prove that. Hopefully they can win 3 of them. That would have this team sitting pretty nice.

Here's a hint, seriously. I had a problem with the "lumping in" thing too, until I realized they can only lump me in with another group if I let them. The "positive crowd" uses the terms they, them, and haters a lot, but if your name isn't on there, they weren't talking to you, unless you believe yourself to be "in" the group of people they are talking about. If you are in the group they were talking about, then either argue their points based on facts, or accept they are right. If you weren't in the group, then you really don't need to get involved. I pointed out multiple times that no one here was rooting against the Broncos at any point this off season, everyone wanted to see them succeed, some people just didn't think they would. I get a kick out of it when I see the "rooting against the Broncos" statements, the people making those statements still haven't figured out that they are talking to themselves.

Eldorado
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Once again, my biggest grievance was about neglecting the running game, as Ive said before. We passed 600 times last year. A HOF was fired after the season. Our QB is constantly blasted for throwing INTs in the red zone. We had inconsistencies that come with being pass happy that put greater pressure on an already suspect defense. Also, when they brought in a coach, he drafted RB in the first and a run blocking TE in the 2nd. Again, how was I wrong about the need to improve the running game?

Kaylore makes it sound like I started breaking stuff when they drafted Clady. Thats not true at all. I got annoyed when they did nothing about the running game until they drafted Torain. Ive previously provided a link to a thread from that draft day where I said I wasnt as upset about Clady as much as I was annoyed with the neglect of the running game. Amazingly this gets ignored.

I would just like to point out that the discourse between lex and I was devoid of name calling and flame war inciting insults.

Lex, even thought I think your position is indefensible and you refusal to admit that you are wrong (which you are) is frustrating to no end, thank you for not turning this into a flame war.

:thumbs:

Have a good weekend.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Obviously you were right about that. Josh followed your blueprint. But do you get props for being correct about that - for being vindicated with the Knowshon and Quinn picks? No. Why? Because you're lex.

For proof this place is often no different than an elementary school playground, one need look no further than the curious relationship of SoCalBronco and Popps. If these two guys were truly driven by opinions, content and principle, they would despise one another ... every.single.position these two take is 100% at odds with the other - and exactly what each of them claims to despise about this board. But curiously, they like one another and rarely argue. Instead, Popps starts flame wars with footsteps, Blue, me, Taco, Jason, O&B, you and TheDave. If he were true to his "principles," he would follow SoCal around the site and throw ****ing insults at him all day.

But he doesn't.

Because it's not a pure football inquiry.

It's about venting unexpressed anger.

It's personal.

lex
10-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I would just like to point out that the discourse between lex and I was devoid of name calling and flame war inciting insults.

Lex, even thought I think your position is indefensible and you refusal to admit that you are wrong (which you are) is frustrating to no end, thank you for not turning this into a flame war.

:thumbs:

Have a good weekend.

My position about needing to address the running game has been validated. As I said before, the aversion to Clady that some are suggesting has been overstated. The bigger issue was doing next to nothing about the running game. As Ive pointed out, the team was all about upgrading the passing game and only the passing game, save pinning their hopes on an injury prone RB with a 5th round pick.

When they drafted Torain, I started a "Disown-A-Bronco" thread. It rubbed many the wrong way. Many defended the pick based on past success, which was silly because the past was a practice of minimizing strength. And it finally bit them in tha ass last year. When Torain didnt work out and wasnt working out, I backed off. My original criticism was toward the thought process in drafting RBs and nothing against Torain personally. So when he was injured, I backed off because the guy was hurt and I didnt want to be a vulture in that way. But when Torain didnt work out, do you think anyone brought this up and said I was right? No one. Nor did I make a thread pounding my chest.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 09:40 AM
The new angle is the "real fan" defense. Instead of just owning the ridiculous overreactions and horribly ill-fated predictions, a counter-attack has ensued charging people of essentially causing them to behave so ridiculously.
Bullcrap. You accused half this board of "wanting the team to fail."

But now that this poll (overwhelmingly) rejects your angry brand of hate, suddenly you twist and turn to distance yourself from your endless, repetitive, over and over "not a real fan" accusations?

Why don't you have the courage to stand behind your posts?

lex
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Obviously you were right about that. Josh followed your blueprint. But do you get props for being correct about that - for being vindicated with the Knowshon and Quinn picks? No. Why? Because you're lex.

For proof this place is often no different than an elementary school playground, one need look no further than the curious relationship of SoCalBronco and Popps. If these two guys were truly driven by opinions, content and principle, they would despise one another ... every.single.position these two take is 100% at odds with the other - and exactly what each of them claims to despise about this board. But curiously, they like one another and rarely argue. Instead, Popps starts flame wars with footsteps, Blue, me, Taco, Jason, O&B, you and TheDave. If he were true to his "principles," he would follow SoCal around the site and throw ****ing insults at him all day.

But he doesn't.

Because it's not a pure football inquiry.

It's about venting unexpressed anger.

It's personal.

Youre right and to take it a step further, theyll resort to distortion to avoid going after one guy over another. Like I said, my biggest complaint was that nothing was done about the running game. When I really got annoyed was when they drafted Torain in the 5th. I made a "disown a Bronco" thread in reaction to that pick. At one point, I thought Kaygore confused my reaction to the Torain pick with the Clady pick. I even provided a link to clean this up. But the link is ignored. The same thing is continuously repeated in a way thats fast and loose with the truth, because its not about the truth. Its a axe to grind that justifies lying, essentially. That much is clear. If Kaygore wants to do this, thats fine. Ill continue to tweak him and others as well (although Id try to avoid lying). You give and you get.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
My original criticism was toward the thought process in drafting RBs and nothing against Torain personally. So when he was injured, I backed off because the guy was hurt and I didnt want to be a vulture in that way. But when Torain didnt work out, do you think anyone brought this up and said I was right? No one. Nor did I make a thread pounding my chest.
Well, it's easy to knock anybody who had any reservations about Clady ... for even the slightest questioning of him you should belly up to a plate of crow and let it go at that. Just do it.

Actually, I'm sure your overall track record is not much different from mine or anybody else. But you're not the popular kid ... you annoy people, often on purpose (yes it is, don't deny that). And as such, you'll never be given any real credit, while the "popular kids" get more than they deserve.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Youre right and to take it a step further, theyll resort to distortion to avoid going after one guy over another.
Exactly, form over substance. Which is sad.

But I've been standing next to you on the playground for too long now lex ... I don't want people to see me with you, so for appearances sake, I'm gonna keep my distance from you now ... :~ohyah!:

baja
10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Because, like I told Khan, you ARE being a jerk to do such a thing.

Don't you guys realize these listmakers are gonna CHERRY PICK the results from the lists that justify their "I told you so" nonsense?

Don't think for even one nanosecond that Khan is going to point out where he was wrong and his "enemies" were right ... those points will never see the light of day. We see how angry Popps and Khan and others are (and anger is the correct term), they crave some twisted kind of "revenge" against those who disagreed with their rosy outlooks. Accordingly, they're going to ignore their own wrong opinions, and trumpet their enemies' miscalculations. It's everything that's wrong with message boards: the compulsion to "prove I'm right and you're wrong." And, for the umpteenth time, Psychology 101: It is a weak position that is threatened by contrary opinions of others (see Bush, George W.)

In addition, like it or not, they will be selective about whom they attack. For example, (although I don't mean to single out Khan so heavily), Khan and SoCalBronco are good friends (I'm friends with them too), but no way Jose will Khan single out SoCal's many negative opinions when the time comes. Why not? Because it's not a pure football inquiry, it's personal. It's about "settling scores" with those who dared predict negative results, even on the smallest of personnel moves.

For all these truths, everyone ... you're welcome :thanku:

Pssst; You're as bad or worse as those you judge. just sayin...

lex
10-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Well, it's easy to knock anybody who had any reservations about Clady ... for even the slightest questioning of him you should belly up to a plate of crow and let it go at that. Just do it.

Actually, I'm sure your overall track record is not much different from mine or anybody else. But you're not the popular kid ... you annoy people, often on purpose (yes it is, don't deny that). And as such, you'll never be given any real credit, while the "popular kids" get more than they deserve.

The only thing is that I wasnt really questioning whether Clady could play. He was THE best pass blocking OT in the draft according to practically everyone. I never questioned that. But I was more about improving the running game over pass blocking. But like Ive also said, Clady has been a Bronco for a year now. Even though I still think they should have done more to improve the running game (whether that means drafting someone other than Clady or drafting Clady and acquiring other personnel), that doesnt mean I dont appreciate his value.

Rock Chalk
10-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Lemme 'splain something to you about message board's. People latch on to an idea, true or not, and stay with it.

I did not want Vince Young over Cutler. I was and still am a big Vince Young fan. I enjoyed watching him play in college and I enjoyed watching his two years as starter in the NFL.

But somewhere along the line people got it in their head that I wanted VY over Cutler and thought VY was a better QB than Cutler. ANd over the course of time, regardless of what I personally posted or said, people assumed this as fact and every time VY made a mistake, it was bash Alec time.

It's all good, you roll with the punches.

The truth: I never liked Cutler and like him even less after this offseason. I did not however want VY over Cutler because I didn't want any QB that year.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Lemme 'splain something to you about message board's. People latch on to an idea, true or not, and stay with it.

Good point. For me, I totally respect guys who will change their minds and cop to being wrong. It's a sign of high character, to me anyway.

lex
10-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Exactly, form over substance. Which is sad.

But I've been standing next to you on the playground for too long now lex ... I don't want people to see me with you, so for appearances sake, I'm gonna keep my distance from you now ... :~ohyah!:

Fair enough. Do what you need to do. I sometimes consider taking the path of least resistence or positioning myself to curry favor with the masses but then I generally realize how little that means to me. And then I would feel cheap.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 10:04 AM
But somewhere along the line people got it in their head that I wanted VY over Cutler and thought VY was a better QB than Cutler. ANd over the course of time, regardless of what I personally posted or said, people assumed this as fact and every time VY made a mistake, it was bash Alec time.

But I'll bet you did at the least a mini-gloat when VY went to the Pro Bowl?

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Pssst; You're as bad or worse as those you judge. just sayin...
Well, I definitely obsess on Popps ... I truly believe his post are less about football and more about finding an outlet for his unexpressed anger.

But am I judgmental about anybody else?

I don't wanna be ... call me out, I'll be fair.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2009, 10:35 AM
The folks who were openly rooting for this team to fail are very annoying,
"Openly rooting to fail" .... I sure hear that phrase a lot, but I can't think of more than a couple-three guys who've done that.

-the folks who wore their orange and blue glasses can be just as annoying, especially
now that they are patting themselves on the back after only three games.
And running the "I-Told-You-So" smack about Cutler with an 800-post thread the night he bombed against Green Bay. As if the Bears were going to waive him after the first game :~ohyah!:

Actually, I'd say that most of us have been rooting this team on just like any other year.
Thank you, and of course this is true.

We know it's true because there's a poll saying so, 117-1 so far....

Mediator12
10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
The is a difference in disagreeing with moves and flat out being a douche about the coach/owner and direction of the team.

I wasn't a McDaniels fan during the interview process, but I excepted the hiring and looked forward to see what would happen.

But for some people on here Bowlen could have hired Jesus and they still would have hated him...

It's one thing to say that you don't agree with a move, it's another thing when you start filling the board with post of name calling and repeated bashing of the moves.

To me fans are allowed to disagree with team transactions and coaching. But when you start to hate the team... might be time to move on.

Just to be sure, Jesus own people hated him so much they devised a conspiracy to have the Romans execute him for them :wave:

Good to see that after 2000 years or so; the more things change, the more they stay the same........ ^5

TonyR
10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
We know it's true because there's a poll saying so, 117-1 so far....

To be fair, Buff, the poll doesn't say that. As has been said many times, in many ways, in many threads including this one, it's not the criticism itself that bothers people. It's the style and temperament of it, the extent of it, and the sometimes incessant nature of it. When some people have lots of negative things to say, and very little positive to say, even when we win, the act grows both transparent and old. You're right that most of the "complainers" aren't rooting for the team to lose, but it sure appears that a lot of them aren't having much fun rooting for the team to win. And since being a fan and rooting for a team should be fun, a lot of people are going to have a problem with the overwhelming negativity spewing from some peoples' keyboards. Even as we sit here today at 3-0. I'm not going to question whether or not such people are fans. I am, however, perhaps going to question what kind of fans they are.

TonyR
10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Just to be sure, Jesus own people hated him so much they devised a conspiracy to have the Romans execute him for them...

There were a handful of people here saying during the offseason that they were embarrassed to be fans of the team, that Bowlen and McD had gutted it, and that the franchise was a laughingstock. And yet it's the owner who's the "gutless drunk".

Mediator12
10-03-2009, 11:21 AM
There were a handful of people here saying during the offseason that they were embarrassed to be fans of the team, that Bowlen and McD had gutted it, and that the franchise was a laughingstock. And yet it's the owner who's the "gutless drunk".

I think you missed the point of that TonyR.

There are always 2 sides of the story and at least one side is almost willing to kill to keep power. Jesus brought radical change to the Jewish people. He established a new covenant with them, that mocked the Current Jewish leaders because they themselves were mocking God.

So, he paid with his life. The Jewish leaders fabricated charges and turned him over to the Romans for execution.

The same thing has played out here. The fans who loved Shanahan and Cutler were so displeased by the change, they vented their frustration on those who still stood by the organization. It created an instant factional seperation of the fanbase. It has been a textbook description of how a once homogenous group of people can split.

TonyR
10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I think you missed the point of that TonyR.

No, my point was tangential. I don't disagree with what you're saying. Interesting analogy.

Mediator12
10-03-2009, 11:31 AM
No, my point was tangential. I don't disagree with what you're saying. Interesting analogy.

The thing is, people here were pretty good to our own fans, even excusing some repulsive behaviors, before Shanahan was fired. People would stick up for each other as Raider and Chiefs Trolls would show up. Guys who held drastically different views on the state of the team would be Broncos fans first, and then would air out their differences.

Now, people seem much more selfish. They would rather throw a Broncos fan under the bus for having an opposing view of HOW the team SHOULD BE, rather than being Broncos fans first. That is why Religous factions are such a good analogy. One day they are brothers, the next day they are hated infidels :spit:

delany
10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
The thing is, people here were pretty good to our own fans, even excusing some repulsive behaviors, before Shanahan was fired. People would stick up for each other as Raider and Chiefs Trolls would show up. Guys who held drastically different views on the state of the team would be Broncos fans first, and then would air out their differences.

Now, people seem much more selfish. They would rather throw a Broncos fan under the bus for having an opposing view of HOW the team SHOULD BE, rather than being Broncos fans first. That is why Religous factions are such a good analogy. One day they are brothers, the next day they are hated infidels :spit:

So who gets to be Jesus in your analogy?

Mediator12
10-03-2009, 12:20 PM

It all depends on which side your on :strong:

colonelbeef
10-03-2009, 12:39 PM

only thing I know for sure is that tsiguy96 is quite a mary

:nutkick

Pseudofool
10-03-2009, 01:06 PM
by your frequent support for some of the overly negative posters over the perhaps overly positive posters. Nepotism?

Cmac821
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Just look around the mane and you will find the answer