PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first broncos game this weekend

kent156
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Never been to Denver hoping to make it something to remember just have a couple questions

What are some good bars near the stadium?

What are parking pricing near the stadium?

Do they sale liquor inside the stadium or is it just for VIP?

_Oro_
09-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Dude Awesome!

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Never been to Denver hoping to make it something to remember just have a couple questions

Lots of bars DT if you take the train. Just hang outside the stadium its a party.

$15-$20

Hard liquor? Not that I remember. But even if they did you would have to phony up a ton of cash.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't live in Denver but I have gone out once a year for last 14 years.

Check out 16th street mall, it is one long street with food and stuff but I recomend Shotgun Willies.

Parking ranges from $20 on up depending how close you are.

They sell Liquor, if you want fruity drinks you have to look but I am sure I saw at least one margarita stand on the entrance level. Beer is everywhere, they even bring it to you if you yell beer man real loud and often enough.

Los Broncos
09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Where are you sitting?

kent156
09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't live in Denver but I have gone out once a year for last 14 years.

Check out 16th street mall, it is one long street with food and stuff but I recomend Shotgun Willies.

Parking ranges from $20 on up depending how close you are.

They sell Liquor, if you want fruity drinks you have to look but I am sure I saw at least one margarita stand on the entrance level. Beer is everywhere, they even bring it to you if you yell beer man real loud and often enough.

Let me correct one thing first this isn't my first broncos game, but my first home game. Thanks for the info what's the word on this bar called Brooklyn near the stadium? also I went to the broncos vs panthers game and they had the same thing with the margarita stand, but it was misleading because they didn't put liquor in it would it be the same thing?

kent156
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Where are you sitting?

My buddy has the tickets i forget the exactly seats, but i know it's on the corner of the end zone.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Let me correct one thing first this isn't my first broncos game, but my first home game. Thanks for the info what's the word on this bar called Brooklyn near the stadium? also I went to the broncos vs panthers game and they had the same thing with the margarita stand, but it was misleading because they didn't put liquor in it would it be the same thing?

That is cool, have fun.

I don't know about the fruity drinks, I may have a beer at a TG but then stick to water or pepsi once inside as the altitude + alchol dehydrates me pretty quick.

Los Broncos
09-30-2009, 08:28 PM
My buddy has the tickets i forget the exactly seats, but i know it's on the corner of the end zone.

I like how just about any seat is good there.

I sit in the 500 sections and I see plenty good.

Denver diner is a place for breakfast, Elway's is good for dinner.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
I like how just about any seat is good there.

I sit in the 500 sections and I see plenty good.

Denver diner is a place for breakfast, Elway's is good for dinner.

There is a place down town by all the Bailbondsmen called "Dozens". We like to go there for pre-game Breakfast.

Nothing like Biscuits and gravy to start your day!

Los Broncos
09-30-2009, 08:37 PM
There is a place down town by all the Bailbondsmen called "Dozens". We like to go there for pre-game Breakfast.

Nothing like Biscuits and gravy to start your day!

I'll check that out next time in town.

maher_tyler
09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
My first home game was 2 years ago against the Packers on monday night football. It was a special moment i'll never forget...i'll never forget that game. First play in OT and it went for a TD.

My older brother went to his first 9ers game last week in Minn. and sure enough...who throws a heart breaking TD!!

My first Broncos game was in 2001 against Indy @ Indy..the game ended up being the last game of the year because of 9/11...ended up being TD's last game!

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 08:42 PM
I'll check that out next time in town.

There is an Irish Pub across the street from there also, it is near the Art museum, check it out.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 08:46 PM
My first home game was 2 years ago against the Packers on monday night football. It was a special moment i'll never forget...i'll never forget that game. First play in OT and it went for a TD.

My older brother went to his first 9ers game last week in Minn. and sure enough...who throws a heart breaking TD!!

My first Broncos game was in 2001 against Indy @ Indy..the game ended up being the last game of the year because of 9/11...ended up being TD's last game!

That was the game they moved to the end of the year. Wasn't TD scratched during the Bears PS game? It had to be the 1st or 2nd game because the Bears had some terrrible QB from Canada who played most of the 2nd Quarter, Henry? Burris?

I wore my TD Jersey there and was mocked because he was a scratch. He never suited up after that.

kent156
09-30-2009, 08:46 PM

damn hopefully my luck is better

Br0nc0Buster
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Go early and check out the Bronco Barn

It is on one of the sides of the stadium, and it is awesome

They sell beer for like $1 there at happy hour

I am going not this weekend, but the next

hades
09-30-2009, 09:00 PM
If you are there during the week, go to the stadium, gate 1 and see if the stadium tours are avaialble. 9 bucks, about 75 minutes long and well worth it! It is located inside the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame, which is nice to see also.

maher_tyler
09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
That was the game they moved to the end of the year. Wasn't TD scratched during the Bears PS game? It had to be the 1st or 2nd game because the Bears had some terrrible QB from Canada who played most of the 2nd Quarter, Henry? Burris?

I wore my TD Jersey there and was mocked because he was a scratch. He never suited up after that.

It would have been the 2nd game of the year i believe...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00/gamelog/

Mogulseeker
09-30-2009, 10:34 PM

Come to the University Park Neighborhood in South Denver, and I'll show you a good time.

s0phr0syne
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM

No advice from me, but just wanted to jump in and say, "Have a good time!"

I was trying to make this my first Bronco game as well, since my Dad's a Cowboy fan, but it never worked out. You'll have to enjoy it extra for the both of us!

Mogulseeker
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Do you like micros?

Go to Wynkoop or Breck.

16th Street is loaded with touristy Denver shops, but most of the chic restaurants are there.

One gem, I think, is Osteria Marco on Larmier Street. Very reasonable... good Martinis, and they really pimp their Colorado Lamb Meatball Sliders and Colorado Lamb Panini. Great wine selection, and their prices are awesome.

If you're looking to go upscale:

The Broker is great. It's an old bank vault - turned restaurant.

If you want to spend $100 for a steak, you can't go wrong with Elway's at the Ritz Carleton on 18th and Curtis. Or you can swing by Dixons on 16th, next to the Tattered Cover, for a relative inexpensive burger.

If you're willing to travel a bit, there are two places I would recommend - The Fort in Morrison (about 20 mins from downtown Denver) which serves ONLY Colorado food that has been recreated from the frontier days - ie maize, boison Berries, stuffed Jalapenos, prickly pear juice and of course the meats - duck, quail, buffalo, elk, rattlesnake and of course the more exotic meats.

Another good spot is the Summit at Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. Esquire magazine actually voted it the best new restaurant in the US in 2006.

I drink at a bar called the Pioneer. It's a DU Pioneers bar in south Denver, on University and Wesley. It's small, but cheap Fat Tire on tap and walking distance to both my room, and most of my friends houses.

You must visit 16th Street, since that's where a lot of the cities money goes into making it a tourist spot.

If you are a runner, mountain running is great and there are some awesome trails. One I would recommend is Mt. Falcon, which is right by where I grew up, and walking distance to the Fort restaurant. Also in the area is a pace called Red Rocks - a park/theater operated by the city of Denver, which is something like the largest naturally-formed theater in the world. ALSO in the same vicinity is Arrowhead golf course, which consistently gets very high ratings.

Also, if you're willing to travel, you MUST try Beau Joe's Mountain Pies in Idaho Springs (about 45 min west of Downtown Denver). The pizza has it's own twist, and is very good... lots of weird toppings, and they give you Colorado honey at the end to put on your crust. Cheap Fat Tire, too.

Whatever you do, you have to have a Fat Tire Amber Ale while you're here.

BroncoMan4ever
09-30-2009, 11:59 PM
congrats on the 1st game in Denver.

however, you do realize if we get beat or anything bad happens, you will be known as the one who jinxed us, because we were undefeated this season until your 1st ever game. and if that happens you will be banned to ever return to another game.

just kidding.......sort of.

have a good time though.

Hogan11
10-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Go early and check out the Bronco Barn

It is on one of the sides of the stadium, and it is awesome

They sell beer for like $1 there at happy hour

I am going not this weekend, but the next

We were going to check that out as we were making the rounds through the tailgating lots, but they wanted $35.00 per person just to get inside......we passed on it and headed back to Nut's instead.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-01-2009, 12:31 AM
beware of the evil stadium monkey its rumored he grabs fans and drag them off to their doom the bronco org just covers it up, but i kno the truth i know

broncocalijohn
10-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Do you like micros?

Go to Wynkoop or Breck.

16th Street is loaded with touristy Denver shops, but most of the chic restaurants are there.

One gem, I think, is Osteria Marco on Larmier Street. Very reasonable... good Martinis, and they really pimp their Colorado Lamb Meatball Sliders and Colorado Lamb Panini. Great wine selection, and their prices are awesome.

If you're looking to go upscale:

The Broker is great. It's an old bank vault - turned restaurant.

If you want to spend $100 for a steak, you can't go wrong with Elway's at the Ritz Carleton on 18th and Curtis. Or you can swing by Dixons on 16th, next to the Tattered Cover, for a relative inexpensive burger.

If you're willing to travel a bit, there are two places I would recommend - The Fort in Morrison (about 20 mins from downtown Denver) which serves ONLY Colorado food that has been recreated from the frontier days - ie maize, boison Berries, stuffed Jalapenos, prickly pear juice and of course the meats - duck, quail, buffalo, elk, rattlesnake and of course the more exotic meats.

Another good spot is the Summit at Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. Esquire magazine actually voted it the best new restaurant in the US in 2006.

I drink at a bar called the Pioneer. It's a DU Pioneers bar in south Denver, on University and Wesley. It's small, but cheap Fat Tire on tap and walking distance to both my room, and most of my friends houses.

You must visit 16th Street, since that's where a lot of the cities money goes into making it a tourist spot.

If you are a runner, mountain running is great and there are some awesome trails. One I would recommend is Mt. Falcon, which is right by where I grew up, and walking distance to the Fort restaurant. Also in the area is a pace called Red Rocks - a park/theater operated by the city of Denver, which is something like the largest naturally-formed theater in the world. ALSO in the same vicinity is Arrowhead golf course, which consistently gets very high ratings.

Also, if you're willing to travel, you MUST try Beau Joe's Mountain Pies in Idaho Springs (about 45 min west of Downtown Denver). The pizza has it's own twist, and is very good... lots of weird toppings, and they give you Colorado honey at the end to put on your crust. Cheap Fat Tire, too.

Whatever you do, you have to have a Fat Tire Amber Ale while you're here.

I normally dont quote such a long thread but where was all this great info when you were at OM weekend thread? I would have loved to go to a restuarant that serves the weird meats like rattlesnake. And not that imported rattlesnake some of those "other" restuarants try to pass onto their customers but real Colorado rattlesnake killed somewhere within the limit lines of the square state! Awesome! Remember this for next year and you are driving. I will in turn take your A$$ to Fat Tire Brewery in Fort Collins. ^5

BroncoDoug
10-01-2009, 01:34 AM

you were at that bears broncos PS game way back then? in champaine (sp?).... I was there too.. wearing my TD jersey as well, and my mom was wearing my McCafferey Jersey...

Mogulseeker
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I normally dont quote such a long thread but where was all this great info when you were at OM weekend thread? I would have loved to go to a restuarant that serves the weird meats like rattlesnake. And not that imported rattlesnake some of those "other" restuarants try to pass onto their customers but real Colorado rattlesnake killed somewhere within the limit lines of the square state! Awesome! Remember this for next year and you are driving. I will in turn take your A$$ to Fat Tire Brewery in Fort Collins. ^5

Aw, c'mon, sir. I distinctly remember telling you in person to check out Wynkoop and 16th Street!

I might have even mentioned Osteria Marco.

Peoples Champ
10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
for bars after the game or friday / sat night, check out around coors field. Those are fun, like LoDo's, sports collumn, or Jacksons is pretty fun at night. Same with the Gin Mill.

16th street mall is a must too, just walk the whole thing your bound to find a bar / store/ or restaurant you like

Mogulseeker
10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I failed to mention LoDo.

If you come to Denver, go to LoDo. Just bar hop/restaurant hop. Denver's oldest neighborhood, with a very artsy, urban feel. It's also where the Pepsi Center and Coors Field is located. So it's a sports district, too. LoDo is also Denver's high fashion district. It's also the home of $2,000,000 lofts, and the old home and party district of one Jay Cutler.

LoDo's bar is usually pretty hoppin, and there's a deck overlooking the mountains, Coors field, and downtown.

Or, if you're a hipster, go to Cap Hill and drink PBR.

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM

I went to that game too. Meaningless game for both teams and we lost to a bad Colts team... what a terrible way to end the season.