PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you're sorry you lost faith this offseason

Blart
09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Dear Denver Broncos,

I believed the media when they said we had a terrible offseason; that we'd become Patriots-lite; that we'd lost our brightest stars. They were wrong and so was I.

Please accept my apologies and let me continue cheering for you.

Broncomutt
09-30-2009, 01:30 PM
See: Moses

Rabb
09-30-2009, 01:31 PM
the real test will be if we lose some games during this tough stretch, but continue to improve as a team

the smart fan keeps faith, seeing improvement

the stupid fan starts in with "I told you so"

baja
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
I told you so.

Go Broncos. ;D

Rabb
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I told you so.

Go Broncos. ;D

lol

bronco0608
09-30-2009, 01:36 PM
See: TheDave, McDortoh, TheRev, Broncosteven, SmilingAssassin27, OuBronco, Atwaterhisass, Broncobuff...

Easily swayed by what the media tells them apparently. If ESPN is says it, well by golly, it has to be true.

Some of them were more irritating than others. You had to love it when they called fans who actually hope for the season "idiots" because there was no way in hell the Broncos could go more than 4-12 this year because, well, they know football and all the "homers" did not.

Pessimists are smarter than optimists in their book.

So all you debbie downers, keep showering us with your vast football knowledge. Tell us about the 3-4, the zones we are playing, why this guy sucks, and how this guy doesn't fit in on our way to a 4-12 season. Because remember, you just can't see how this team can win more than four games this year and you don't know how to drink the kool-aid.

Pfft

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Those guys didn't get down on the Broncos because of the media. They had their own opinions based on what they saw.

oubronco
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
See: TheDave, McDortoh, TheRev, Broncosteven, SmilingAssassin27, OuBronco, Atwaterhisass, Broncobuff...

Easily swayed by what the media tells them apparently. If ESPN is says it, well by golly, it has to be true.

Some of them were more irritating than others. You had to love it when they called fans who actually hope for the season "idiots" because there was no way in hell the Broncos could go more than 4-12 this year because, well, they know football and all the "homers" did not.

So all you debbie downers, keep showering us with your vast football knowledge. Tell us about the 3-4, the zones we are playing, why this guy sucks, and how this guy doesn't fit in on our way to a 4-12 season. Because remember, you just can't see how this team can win more than four games this year and you don't know how to drink the kool-aid.

Pfft

Sorry dude but the media didn't sway me for shyt I didn't like the way the offseason was handled and still don't but I am a Broncos fan for life and really don't care what you think :thumbsup:

crush17
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
see also:

CBF1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2313)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][2313]" value="2313" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][4362]" id="usercheck_4362" value="4362" checked="checked" type="checkbox">colonelbeef (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4362)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][4362]" value="4362" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][3402]" id="usercheck_3402" value="3402" checked="checked" type="checkbox">footstepsfrom#27 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3402)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][3402]" value="3402" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][5833]" id="usercheck_5833" value="5833" checked="checked" type="checkbox">jhns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5833)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][5833]" value="5833" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][8366]" id="usercheck_8366" value="8366" checked="checked" type="checkbox">lex (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8366)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][8366]" value="8366" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][9467]" id="usercheck_9467" value="9467" checked="checked" type="checkbox">MaloCS (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=9467)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][9467]" value="9467" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][7925]" id="usercheck_7925" value="7925" checked="checked" type="checkbox">rastaman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7925)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][7925]" value="7925" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][3340]" id="usercheck_3340" value="3340" checked="checked" type="checkbox">TheReverend (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3340)

baja
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM

Pfft

Are you a gutless drunk of somethin...?

24champ
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM

TheDave finally makes a list.

jhns
09-30-2009, 01:48 PM
see also:

CBF1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2313)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][2313]" value="2313" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][4362]" id="usercheck_4362" value="4362" checked="checked" type="checkbox">colonelbeef (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4362)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][4362]" value="4362" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][3402]" id="usercheck_3402" value="3402" checked="checked" type="checkbox">footstepsfrom#27 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3402)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][3402]" value="3402" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][5833]" id="usercheck_5833" value="5833" checked="checked" type="checkbox">jhns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5833)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][5833]" value="5833" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][8366]" id="usercheck_8366" value="8366" checked="checked" type="checkbox">lex (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8366)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][8366]" value="8366" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][9467]" id="usercheck_9467" value="9467" checked="checked" type="checkbox">MaloCS (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=9467)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][9467]" value="9467" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][7925]" id="usercheck_7925" value="7925" checked="checked" type="checkbox">rastaman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7925)<input name="listbits[ignore_original][7925]" value="7925" type="hidden">
<input name="listbits[ignore][3340]" id="usercheck_3340" value="3340" checked="checked" type="checkbox">TheReverend (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3340)

See me for what? I'm not sorry I lost faith. I never said they would lose. I still will be just as vocal as I was about it being dumb to trade Cutler. If I don't have faith yet, why would I be sorry for losing it?

As for the other crap. I never made it about another poster. If I insulted a poster in one of my posts, they started it. I don't care enough about the message board to pick fights for this stuff. I just like to argue about the actual situations and will voice my opinion. If you take offense and start calling me names and a bad fan, I will have fun with you and piss you off. This is easy to avoid, just stay on topic when arguing with me.

Lev Vyvanse
09-30-2009, 01:49 PM

Pfft

Well that didn't take long.

Mogulseeker
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I can proudly say that not one moment have I lamented the loss of Shanahan, and I have been entirely optimistic about McD, and excited for the season, more so than last year.

Irish Stout
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I can proudly say that not one moment have I lamented the loss of Shanahan, and I have been entirely optimistic about McD, and excited for the season, more so than last year.

Pssst - don't tell anyone, but I don't think this thread is for us.

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I never said they would lose

Yeah, actually you did, and you called a lot of people stupid for disagreeing with you. I remember arguing with you about this myself, and my take was very middle of the road. You were hell-bent negative, and that's fine with me, I'm not all that sensitive and I think everyone has a right to their opinion. But let's be honest here.

baja
09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
See me for what? I'm not sorry I lost faith. I never said they would lose. I still will be just as vocal as I was about it being dumb to trade Cutler. If I don't have faith yet, why would I be sorry for losing it?

As for the other crap. I never made it about another poster. If I insulted a poster in one of my posts, they started it. I don't care enough about the message board to pick fights for this stuff. I just like to argue about the actual situations and will voice my opinion. If you take offense and start calling me names and a bad fan, I will have fun with you and piss you off. This is easy to avoid, just stay on topic when arguing with me.

What does this have to do with the topic ?

Chris
09-30-2009, 01:56 PM
If I'd thought the Broncos were going to be bad I'd have said so but still loved the team. I think if you're going to single anyone out (which at this point seems unnecessary) then go for the guys that **** on the team and other fans rather than good fans that weren't expecting much. I pegged the Broncos to go 8-8... I'm hoping we're more 10-6 now this year. It's not too early for me to say that based on what I've seen. We just need to get that redzone O working better.

Natedog24
09-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Well that didn't take long.

Nope :oyvey:

jhns
09-30-2009, 01:58 PM
What does this have to do with the topic ?

Read the thread? All of it is discussed before I did.

jhns
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah, actually you did, and you called a lot of people stupid for disagreeing with you. I remember arguing with you about this myself, and my take was very middle of the road. You were hell-bent negative, and that's fine with me, I'm not all that sensitive and I think everyone has a right to their opinion. But let's be honest here.

Really? Find an example. Remember, I said unless someone else started it. I have no problem with a pissing contest. I have never started name calling, saying people are dumb, and not once have I ever used a cute nickname for any front office person or any player. I just argue a lot.

cutthemdown
09-30-2009, 02:03 PM
There is still plenty to be worried about.

Broncos haven't beat a team that IMO makes the playoffs. Maybe Bengals if they got lucky, but eventually they fall under .500 as well.

I don't begrudge anyone who was negative because IMO Broncos still have a long ways to go. I just felt all along Mcdaniels was a great hire, and that his theory of being bigger, more physical, more versatile, more team orientated was the type of house cleaning Broncos needed.

Through first 3 games I think we have shown we are better then these bad teams by quite a bit.

Now we get to find out what we are made of vs potential and likely playoff/Superbowl contenders. It may be ugly and send any people saying I told you so right now to wonder.

These are some tough games and Broncos yet to prove we can play from behind. Eventually we fall behind 10-13 points early and will have to show we can move ball and a get a TD when we have to.

Dallas has a big oline but could be down to Choice at RB. Barber though I would guess plays. Witten is a big target and creates a ton of matchup problems. Broncos will have to double him like they did for most of the game with Zack Miller. Have a linebacker hit him at the LOS, then play a zone under him, let Hill pick him up on the back end. Tell both players to keep that double bracket zone going on him.

If we can stop the run, stop Witten, then we can win this game.

I don't think Romo beats you without those two.

Eddie Royal needs to get it going, we will need alot of weapons going off to beat the cowboys. 13 completions is not going to get it done. Orton won't have the luxury of being able to throw 5-6 balls away IMO. He may have to take some chances in this one.

baja
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Read the thread? All of it is discussed before I did.

So you admit to helping to drag this thread off topic.

cutthemdown
09-30-2009, 02:06 PM
the real test will be if we lose some games during this tough stretch, but continue to improve as a team

I get this funny feeling a lot of the real downers. The people predicting 2-14 type season etc. Are secretly still expecting the Broncos to lose 3-4 in a row now, and then they will point to Cutler and say I told you so.

It's a long season. I'm glad Broncos are 3-0 but there are many things the big name teams are doing that we don't do. Namely a higher comp% and more redzone tds.

Also defense IMO hasn't got great pressure early in games. They need to get to QB ( ROMO ) earlier in the game or they might find themselves the ones being teed off on in the 4th quarter.

jhns
09-30-2009, 02:08 PM
So you admit to helping to drag this thread off topic.

LOL

Ok Mr Hypocrite

What exactly do your posts have to do with the topic?

oubronco
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
There is still plenty to be worried about.

Broncos haven't beat a team that IMO makes the playoffs. Maybe Bengals if they got lucky, but eventually they fall under .500 as well.

I don't begrudge anyone who was negative because IMO Broncos still have a long ways to go. I just felt all along Mcdaniels was a great hire, and that his theory of being bigger, more physical, more versatile, more team orientated was the type of house cleaning Broncos needed.

Through first 3 games I think we have shown we are better then these bad teams by quite a bit.

Now we get to find out what we are made of vs potential and likely playoff/Superbowl contenders. It may be ugly and send any people saying I told you so right now to wonder.

These are some tough games and Broncos yet to prove we can play from behind. Eventually we fall behind 10-13 points early and will have to show we can move ball and a get a TD when we have to.

Dallas has a big oline but could be down to Choice at RB. Barber though I would guess plays. Witten is a big target and creates a ton of matchup problems. Broncos will have to double him like they did for most of the game with Zack Miller. Have a linebacker hit him at the LOS, then play a zone under him, let Hill pick him up on the back end. Tell both players to keep that double bracket zone going on him.

If we can stop the run, stop Witten, then we can win this game.

I don't think Romo beats you without those two.

Eddie Royal needs to get it going, we will need alot of weapons going off to beat the cowboys. 13 completions is not going to get it done. Orton won't have the luxury of being able to throw 5-6 balls away IMO. He may have to take some chances in this one.

Don't forget Williams he's starting to hit his stride

baja
09-30-2009, 02:12 PM
I get this funny feeling a lot of the real downers. The people predicting 2-14 type season etc. Are secretly still expecting the Broncos to lose 3-4 in a row now, and then they will point to Cutler and say I told you so.

It's a long season. I'm glad Broncos are 3-0 but there are many things the big name teams are doing that we don't do. Namely a higher comp% and more redzone tds.

Also defense IMO hasn't got great pressure early in games. They need to get to QB ( ROMO ) earlier in the game or they might find themselves the ones being teed off on in the 4th quarter.

Slowing Witten down is big

Slowing the running game is big

But the key to winning this game is pressure on Romo

I think Doom & Ares are going to have monster games with their speed and Romo will have a green ass

Jason in LA
09-30-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm excited about how they have started the season, but lets not get carried away here. The real test is about to start. By midseason we'll know if this team is for real or not. I don't see why, at this point, anybody would act like this team is the real deal. I'm rooting for them to be the real deal, but it is way too early to proclaim that. It seems like the folks that were extremely optimistic about the offseason are jumping the gun here, or maybe they know that this may be the only time that they will be able to pat themselves on the back, because the schedule is about to get a whole lot tougher.

baja
09-30-2009, 02:15 PM
LOL

Ok Mr Hypocrite

What exactly do your posts have to do with the topic?

Oh that's the 25,000 post rule - do you know that rule?

Jason in LA

The Broncos have proven that they are better than the bottom feeders, which is better than a lot of people thought, because a lot of people thought they would be one of the bottom feeders. Now they have to go out and prove that they are legit playoff contenders. They'll get to do that over the next 5 weeks.

cutthemdown
Slowing Witten down is big

Slowing the running game is big

But the key to winning this game is pressure on Romo

I think Doom & Ares are going to have monster games with their speed and Romo will have a green ass

Right but I don't think you get pressure if you let them run for more then 3 yrds a pop. Also if you let witten get open in the short passing game Romo will just slip it to him. If we clamp down on Witten, get after Barber or Choice, I think we can make Romo drop back and try to sling it to the outside. Once he's doing that he's playing into our strength on the backend and at OLB. Then we come big with the pressure on those long 3rd downs with Doom and company.

jhns
09-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh that's the 25,000 post rule - do you know that rule?

Is that the rule that says you should realize now that you don't have much of a life because you just hit 25,000 posts?

No, I haven't heard of it.

baja
09-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Right but I don't think you get pressure if you let them run for more then 3 yrds a pop. Also if you let witten get open in the short passing game Romo will just slip it to him. If we clamp down on Witten, get after Barber or Choice, I think we can make Romo drop back and try to sling it to the outside. Once he's doing that he's playing into our strength on the backend and at OLB. Then we come big with the pressure on those long 3rd downs with Doom and company.

ya we see it the essentially the same.

cutthemdown
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm excited about how they have started the season, but lets not get carried away here. The real test is about to start. By midseason we'll know if this team is for real or not. I don't see why, at this point, anybody would act like this team is the real deal. I'm rooting for them to be the real deal, but it is way too early to proclaim that. It seems like the folks that were extremely optimistic about the offseason are jumping the gun here, or maybe they know that this may be the only time that they will be able to pat themselves on the back, because the schedule is about to get a whole lot tougher.

Not to mention we should be used to doing well early and tanking late. SO far this Broncos teams season going a tad like last yr went.

colonelbeef
09-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I see San Diego as the first true test of this team. The Chargers have beat on the Broncos in recent years, it will be really interesting to see how the defense responds.

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Really? Find an example. Remember, I said unless someone else started it. I have no problem with a pissing contest. I have never started name calling, saying people are dumb, and not once have I ever used a cute nickname for any front office person or any player. I just argue a lot.

Oh please. You called people gay and nerd and stupid, and claimed the team was in ruins, and you know it. It's not on me to prove it, it's on the record.

TheDave
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
TheDave finally makes a list.

Only took 5 years and 12,000 posts... ;D

Actually, since I never predicted 4-12 and always figured we were 6-10 bound.... maybe I made the list on accident.

Ah **** who knows...

baja
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I see San Diego as the first true test of this team. The Chargers have beat on the Broncos in recent years, it will be really interesting to see how the defense responds.

Not me, I see the first true test against whoever we play in the Super Bowl, after all it's how we play in the big games that shows the true measure of the team.

A little clue to you knuckleheads every game is a true test.

baja
09-30-2009, 02:47 PM

That's not true you have been on my list as a bunker mate for 3 years now, did you forget???

We were counting on you to bring the beans.

Old Dude
09-30-2009, 02:55 PM
I was on the fence and still am.

Look, since the advent of free agency, no one has ever been able to predict much from one season to the other in the NFL. We see an average of 5 new playoff teams every year. Yet, every year, even the most knowledgable experts and pundits usually predict the same teams to repeat in the playoffs - with only one or two exceptions. Every year, they are wrong. They all know this and the best they can do is to guess, based on the following typical factors:

1. How did the team do last year and was it improving or fading at the end of the year.

A: Denver had a collapse of historical proportions.

2. What high profile players did the team gain or lose in trades or F/A/

A: Gained Dawkins (not perceived as our biggest need, even if it was), lost Cutler (exciting "franchise QB" and FFL darling.)

3. Stability of the organization.

A: Turned upside down, with a 33-year old rookie head coach.

4. Off-season issues & distractions?

A: See Brandon You-Know-Who.

5. Did the team address needs in the draft?

A: Most people felt that Denver's biggest need was on the D-Line (or maybe at QB). Instead, McD and Co took a running back and then seemed to focus mostly on the secondary and the TE spot- - not at all perceived as Denver's biggest issue.

6. Preseason performance. Everyone always says it means nothing but no one ever ignores it in their predictions because it's the closest thing they have to a real indicator.

A: In a nationally televised game, our "dress rehearsal" Cutler and the Bears made us look bad.

7. How does the QB look?

A: Wearing a glove and a silly look on his face and not in synch with his receivers or reality.

8. What kind of schedule do they have? Is it easy enough thatthey could sneak into the playoffs?

A. Brutal schedule. At least it looked that way in August (and it still looks awfully tough.)

-------------

So it's no surprise at all if people were pessimistic.

Now we know that maybe things aren't that bad. But we still don't know just how good this team can be. All we can say is so far, so good.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM

Pfft

Now I know what it must feel like to live in a communist state in the 1930's and have my every move watched and placed on lists.

I am glad the USA is "free" and we are allowed the right to "free speach"...unless you want to be considered a I CAN #1 BRONCOS #1 SUPERFAN CHEEZEBURGER. WOOOO HOOOO.

Then you are not allowed to worry about the broncos new coach turning out to be a Todd Haley, Jim Zorn, Tom Cable, MANGENIUS, Lane Kiffen. All our HC's are going to make Tomlin wish he coached for the Broncos because we are SUPERFANS and never worrry when the FO makes questionable decisions/moves.

BTW I would rather spend my time with guys like Hotrod, The Dave, The Rev, Broncobuff, atlas, Kahn, socal than you idots that are still harping on what happened here in the offseason.

Start talking more football and less smack you little BITCH!

jhns
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh please. You called people gay and nerd and stupid, and claimed the team was in ruins, and you know it. It's not on me to prove it, it's on the record.

I know it is on record, that is why I was seeing if you have an example. I have not predicted wins or losses on this forum. I have argued the team screwed up this offseason and will still argue that. I never called anyone that is involved with this team by any name but their real name,abbreviated sometimes. I do not personally attack other posters without them first attacking me or my fandom(If that is the right word).

I just passionately argue my position and that has gotten a lot of trolls to attack me. I do act the same as them when they show up. Eventually they quit. Look at tailgate, popps, and others of the like. None respond to me anymore.

If you have examples of me calling someone stupid or gay that didn't start it, I would love to see them. I would probably even say sorry to those people.

Chris
09-30-2009, 03:16 PM

I don't think it's too early because there are some solid indicators:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Time-to-hop-on-the-Broncos-bandwagon.html

baja
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
I know it is on record, that is why I was seeing if you have an example. I have not predicted wins or losses on this forum. I have argued the team screwed up this offseason and will still argue that. I never called anyone that is involved with this team by any name but their real name,abbreviated sometimes. I do not personally attack other posters without them first attacking me or my fandom(If that is the right word).

I just passionately argue my position and that has gotten a lot of trolls to attack me. I do act the same as them when they show up.<b> Eventually they quit. Look at tailgate, popps, and others of the like. None respond to me anymore.</b>

If you have examples of me calling someone stupid or gay that didn't start it, I would love to see them. I would probably even say sorry to those people.

That is not usually a tribute to your awesomeness.

jhns
09-30-2009, 03:22 PM
That is not usually a tribute to your awesomeness.

It may not be to you guys but I think it shows just how great I am.....

Now if only baja would follow their lead.

It doesn't need to make me awsome. It just makes my posting experience much better.

errand
09-30-2009, 03:24 PM

"Quite a list of Who's Who's, ain't it..."

"Well, we only got to win one more game outta the next 13 to make them the visionaries they claim to be...which should make them happy, right?"

"I've noticed that alot of the aforementioned clowns tend to lean to the liberal left side of politics....coincidence? Naw...."

In bold....

Hogan11
09-30-2009, 03:26 PM

http://ipfunny.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/pat

Expect a few of these.....

errand
09-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Those guys didn't get down on the Broncos because of the media. They had their own opinions based on what they saw.

they based their opinions on an off season that saw the players they man crushed on get the boot for various reasons, and passed judgement on this team before they had played even one meaningful game.

TheDave
09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
In bold....

Hotrod and SA27 are liberal? Hilarious!

Being accurate never was your thing...

baja
09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
In bold....

I see one liberal on that list and he's wishy washy about it.

TheDave
09-30-2009, 03:33 PM

When it comes to Errant... you just can't fix stupid :giggle:

DBroncos4life
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm not on that list so I guess I never lost faith. Man this McD is awesome, and how about this Orton guy he is a winner. :thumbs:

errand
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Hotrod and SA27 are liberal? Hilarious!

Being accurate never was your thing...

I said alot...not all Dave. I guess reading comprehension was never your thing.....

errand
09-30-2009, 03:39 PM

I've debated alot of them before and trust me, they are more liberal than you think on alot of issues....but the point is i didn't say they all were.

baja
09-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I said alot...not all Dave. I guess reading comprehension was never your thing.....

name one liberal on that list and Buff doesn't count because he's not sure what the hell he is.

baja
09-30-2009, 03:42 PM
I've debated alot of them before and trust me, they are more liberal than you think on alot of issues....but the point is i didn't say they all were.

Honestly I don't see it can you give me an example

jhns
09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Man this McD is awesome, and how about this Orton guy he is a winner. :thumbs:

That is such a dumb outlook. You are a stupid gay nerd.

I'm kidding, I swear.

errand
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Well for starters Rastaman, the Dave, BroncoMcBuff (trust me, he's a liberal)....

TheDave
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM

Whatever your hillbilly math tells you... yo go with it :thumbs:

Hotrod a liberal... I can't wait until he reads this :rofl:

errand
09-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Baja, I'm not trying to turn this into a politcval debate thread....it wasn't a bitch, it ws just an observation...but,you surely must have forgotten the battles in the politcal forums and by their typical pessimistic views in the football forums. Pessimism is way of life for liberals.

errand
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Whatever your hillbilly math tells you... yo go with it :thumbs:

Hotrod a liberal... I can't wait until he reads this :rofl:

did I say Hotrod? or did i say "alot".

TheDave
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Baja, I'm not trying to turn this into a politcval debate thread....it wasn't a b****, it ws just an observation...but,you surely must have forgotten the battles in the politcal forums and by their typical pessimistic views in the football forums. Pessimism is way of life for liberals.

God you are awesome...:spit:

baja
09-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Well for starters Rastaman, the Dave, BroncoMcBuff (trust me, he's a liberal)....

rastaman definitely trouble is he's not on your list

TheDave is not a liberal, I'd call him a think for himself conservative.

Buff is a liberal when it is convenient, besides he's the wishy washy one I gave ya. ;D

Here's your list;

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608

"Well, we only got to win one more game outta the next 13 to make them the visionaries they claim to be...which should make them happy, right?"

"I've noticed that alot of the aforementioned clowns tend to lean to the liberal left side of politics....coincidence? Naw...."
In bold....

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM

I just passionately argue my position and that has gotten a lot of trolls to attack me. I do act the same as them when they show up. Eventually they quit. Look at tailgate, popps, and others of the like. None respond to me anymore.

Sure, you make perfect sense now. This is why I don't argue with you any more jhns - you're a smart dude but you're just a little bit full of ****, you know what I'm saying? :-*

jhns
09-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Sure, you make perfect sense now. This is why I don't argue with you any more jhns - you're a smart dude but you're just a little bit full of ****, you know what I'm saying? :-*

Yes I do.

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes I do.

lol. Anyway as far as I'm concerned it's all good, I don't take this stuff too seriously. By the way I keep thinking of the term "stupid gay nerd" and trying to envision exactly what that looks like, and laughing.

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry dude but the media didn't sway me for shyt I didn't like the way the offseason was handled and still don't but I am a Broncos fan for life and really don't care what you think :thumbsup:

Amazing how one sentence can sum it all up. Cosign this one.

As to the OP, I think they will let you root for them again. The funny part is as much as I disagreed with some of the moves in and by the FO I never did, and never will stop rooting for the Broncos.

Having doubts about something, and wanting something are two separate things. Some people lost sight of that and turned on fellow fans. Carry on with the "I told you so's" and the "better fan than you's", I am looking ahead to the Dallas game and wondering how we will approach this one. I'll get back to you guys on the rest of it when it isn't quite so premature or flat out inaccurate.

TonyR
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM

Yep, this is the NFL. No days off. The colonel is just getting his excuses ready in case we beat the Cowboys. He can't lose either way with this convenient set up: If we win, we didn't beat a very good team. If we lose, we're clearly no good like he predicted because we lost to a team that isn't that good. Oh, and of course with Cutler we would have won by double digits.

TonyR
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
BTW I would rather spend my time with guys like Hotrod, The Dave, The Rev, Broncobuff, atlas, Kahn, socal than you idots...

LOL You don't like his lists and then you make your own. And it's also funny that the negativity helped chase Kahn off, and yet he made your list.

colonelbeef
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Not me, I see the first true test against whoever we play in the Super Bowl, after all it's how we play in the big games that shows the true measure of the team.

The Browns game was hardly a test.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I am glad the USA is "free" and we are allowed the right to "free speach"....

I love this quote.

You have the right to free speech.

Absolutely.

And people have the right to criticize your speech

Absolutely.

Free speech is a double edged sword. You want to say something, expect to be bashed for it. If you cant handle that, shut the **** up and dont say anything at all.

baja
09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Amazing how one sentence can sum it all up. Cosign this one.

As to the OP, I think they will let you root for them again. The funny part is as much as I disagreed with some of the moves in and by the FO I never did, and never will stop rooting for the Broncos.

Having doubts about something, and wanting something are two separate things. Some people lost sight of that and turned on fellow fans. Carry on with the "I told you so's" and the "better fan than you's", I am looking ahead to the Dallas game and wondering how we will approach this one. I'll get back to you guys on the rest of it when it isn't quite so premature or flat out inaccurate.

I think we all recognize that everyone here is a fan for the Broncos and that we are on different sides of a hot bed issue ( Shanahan/Cutler )

I think most of us here also know that we will get past this issue in due time.

I will say the part that chapped my ass was the dooms dayers were so sure in their superior football knowledge that they could barely tolerate any poster with a positive or even a wait and see outlook. They would on occasion tell us that we were blind homers and had zero football knowledge because that is the only explanation of how we could be so wrong. They would get together and puff themselves up with their talk of numbers and theories and statistics all the while not actually seeing what was happening at Dove valley. Well they were wrong!!! Now their take is, "do you really have to drag this stuff up, be a good fan and let it go."

You're gonna eat a little crow fellas even if I have to serve it up all by myself. That's how it works.

Now if you will step up and say I was a condescending prick and I was wrong I will take you off my list.;D

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I think we all recognize that everyone here is a fan for the Broncos and that we are on different sides of a hot bed issue ( Shanahan/Cutler )

I'm flattered to have made your lists ... :curtsey:

And just for the record, both "sides" averaged about the same number of predicted wins: 7 ... even more proof baja is correct. Both the dissenters and the joyful are equally hopeful/realistic, notwithstanding disagreement with team moves.

Which is WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!! :moody:

baja
09-30-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm flattered to have made your lists ... :curtsey:

And just for the record, both "sides" averaged about the same number of predicted wins: 7 ... even more proof baja is correct. Both the dissenters and the joyful are equally hopeful/realistic, notwithstanding disagreement with team moves.

Which is WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!! :moody:

You haven't seen my list

and you're not on it.

Mr.Meanie
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
In bold....

What's hilarious is:

1. Some of those people on that list are not only not liberal, but decidedly and very vocally conservative... thus not only torpedoing your argument but making you look like a total jackass.

2. You actually are indeed a total jackass.

gunns
09-30-2009, 06:29 PM

Best post on the Mane in weeks.

ZONA
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
The Official McD haters Club

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83427

Remember this post back on 8/26? I read through it again and I would say there are some who have changed their opinions, even if only by a small margin. Some said some very nasty things about McD and I would be curious to see how they view it now. Yeah, it's only 3 games but clearly this team is playing better then most of the haters thought.

Blart
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM

I felt like kind of a fraud cheering on Doom, jumping up and down for Stokley, all while I'd been predicting 2-14 and badmouthing Pat Bowlen and McDaniels all summer.

It's way more fun to be a positive fan than a negative one, and now that I've swallowed my pride and admitted this team is good, I can go back to fully enjoying my Sundays.

Killericon
09-30-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm not sorry, but I was mistaken.

gunns
09-30-2009, 06:59 PM

Remember this post back on 8/26? I read through it again and I would say there are some who have changed their opinions, even if only by a small margin. Some said some very nasty things about McD and I would be curious to see how they view it now. Yeah, it's only 3 games but clearly this team is playing better then most of the haters thought.

So, how does the season end?

Man-Goblin
09-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow, a witch hunt thread. And it's not even Halloween. Blasphemy.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:20 PM

That can't be the real haters thread, I have been branded as a hater and yet I didn't post in that thread so; either I am not a hater, the thread is not a complete list of haters, or I am wrongly accused.

I based my offseason comments on the offseason once TC and PS, and now RS, started I backed off and focused on the team play which has been better than I expected for a young 1st time HC especially on D.

baja
09-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Why would anybody be sorry?

Because you were a big meanie???

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Why would anybody be sorry?

Hey TJ!

I got the Enima re-up CD from the library.

I actually like the song "You don't know", which is kinda appro to a lot of **** going on around here.

I have been working on some stuff for you. Close to sending some more samples.

baja
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey where did TJs post go?

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey where did TJs post go?

I was thinking same thing...delete?

baja
09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
I was thinking same thing...delete?

maybe he's thinking, Love is never having to say you are sorry.

DeusExManning
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I am sorry I lost faith

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
maybe he's thinking, Love is never having to say you are sorry.

I wanna know what love is, I want you to show me.

I think a pessimist wrote that song.

Taco John
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I decided that I didn't want to contribute any more energy to the split. For my part, I'm certainly not sorry for anything. I do regret my meltdown. I wish I would have kept that to myself. But I didn't, and can live with it. I'm certainly not sorry for it.

broncosteven
09-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I decided that I didn't want to contribute any more energy to the split. For my part, I'm certainly not sorry for anything. I do regret my meltdown. I wish I would have kept that to myself. But I didn't, and can live with it. I'm certainly not sorry for it.

I am sorry if I hurt BCJ's and Alec's feelings, I met BCJ (and liked him) and talked to Alec a couple times but I am not sorry for being a pessimist or being critical of the Offseason During the Offseason.

I dropped it all once PS and RS started which is more than I can say for them.

baja
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM

Dude you kidding! It was beautiful. All that passion, all the sincerity. In an ever crazier world this fan thing is a sweet diversion.

Really the gutless drunk thread is my most favorite thread ever. It is the epitome of what it means to love a particular team.

Spider
09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
rastaman definitely trouble is he's not on your list

TheDave is not a liberal, I'd call him a think for himself conservative.

Buff is a liberal when it is convenient, besides he's the wishy washy one I gave ya. ;D

Here's your list;

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608

In bold....

Busted ;D

Spider
09-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I never lost faith though .......... soon as the trade was made , Orton became my adopted Bronco ..........Telling ya , the kid got skill ........
As for McD , I wasnt wild about letting shanny go , but I dont sign the paychecks , Bowlen does , and Bowlen probably saw a loss in profit more then anything else .....

DBroncos4life
09-30-2009, 08:06 PM

That's not good enough we need to beg to be Broncos fans again. Ha!

baja
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I never lost faith though .......... soon as the trade was made , Orton became my adopted Bronco ..........Telling ya , the kid got skill ........
As for McD , I wasnt wild about letting shanny go , but I dont sign the paychecks , Bowlen does , and Bowlen probably saw a loss in profit more then anything else .....

I remember you were the first to offer kudos to Orton because he was in Denver less than 24 hours after he was traded.

Spider
09-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I remember you were the first to offer kudos to Orton because he was in Denver less than 24 hours after he was traded.

:D...........Yeah I was impressed with that

WABronco
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
The new tards calling out the old tards.

HAT
09-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I never said they would lose.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 PM #23
jhns
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Orton clear starter going into camp"

I have been crying for months now. Just reading this title, I'm not sure how any Bronco fan isn't.

This team is about to learn a lesson. . I'm sure you will all love the fact that our team will be a punchline for many decades after this plays out some.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me get this straight....You never said they would lose and yet you have them as a laughing stock 50 years from now? Hilarious!

10 years being A decade
20 years being a couple of decades
30-40 years being several decades
50 years *barely* qualifying as "many"

And please....Save me the "Show me where I said they'd lose" back pedal. We all know winning teams get laughed at decades later.

Blart
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Somebody had to make that thread. At least half of Denver agreed with you at the time.

Jason in LA
09-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't think it's too early because there are some solid indicators:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Time-to-hop-on-the-Broncos-bandwagon.html

I'd still say that it's too early because of who they played. Now the Cincy win is looking better because they won their last two games and beat the Steelers, but wins over the Browns and Raiders won't give any team a good indication about how good they really are.

This good start is a great sign, but I'm still taking the wait and see approach.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2009, 12:40 AM
First, isnt there a poll before the season that asked what our record will be? If it is public, bump it. 2nd, i have a feeling a ton of revised history will be happening as the doubters will downplay their negativity. Lastly, is it too early for some to eat crow if they had us winning 6 games and only hated on Orton? I never cared much for Cutler with his attitude but I think he could have us 3 and 0 also with this great defense. Orton is safe and I am ok with that, but Cutler couldnt have screwed up the first 3 games with this defense.

OBF1
10-01-2009, 02:49 AM

No wonder why you like the sooners.... Just plain ole bitter LOL

rastaman
10-01-2009, 03:40 AM

Normal thinking people are liberal and the human race has evolved because of liberalism thinks outside the box.:~ohyah!:

Its conservatism that isn't a natural condition for the human race b/c it conserves and stifles and impedes the creativity to move the human race to evolve, due to trying to conserve an out dated unsustainable way of thinking!:thumbs:

jhns
10-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 PM #23
jhns
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Orton clear starter going into camp"

I have been crying for months now. Just reading this title, I'm not sure how any Bronco fan isn't.

This team is about to learn a lesson. . I'm sure you will all love the fact that our team will be a punchline for many decades after this plays out some.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me get this straight....You never said they would lose and yet you have them as a laughing stock 50 years from now? Hilarious!

10 years being A decade
20 years being a couple of decades
30-40 years being several decades
50 years *barely* qualifying as "many"

And please....Save me the "Show me where I said they'd lose" back pedal. We all know winning teams get laughed at decades later.

That isn't a very good argument. We could win a lot and be laughed at. If we aren't winning SBs and our only weakness is QB, all while cutler turns into a top 5 QB for the next decade. We get laughed at. It isn't like anything from the Cutler trade is responsible for the teams turnaround on defense.

So again, I never said we would lose.

TailgateNut
10-01-2009, 06:13 AM

So now we'll stretch making a decision until we face the Chuggers.
Dallas and the Patriots aren't NFL teams. If we wait long enough all of you naysayers will eventually be correct with your prediction for a loss.

TailgateNut
10-01-2009, 06:29 AM
I will say the part that chapped my ass was the dooms dayers were so sure in their superior football knowledge that they could barely tolerate any poster with a positive or even a wait and see outlook. They would on occasion tell us that we were blind homers and had zero football knowledge because that is the only explanation of how we could be so wrong. They would get together and puff themselves up with their talk of numbers and theories and statistics all the while not actually seeing what was happening at Dove valley. Well they were wrong!!! Now their take is, "do you really have to drag this stuff up, be a good fan and let it go."

.;D

Speaking of condecending pricks: I noticed in a quoted post the head prick (jhns) backpeddling just a tad. About his "predictions" of GLOOM and his attacks toward anyone with a positive opinion of the upcoming season.

In addition I find it hilarious that he thinks being ignored is a sign of respect. In contrast,
those who place him with the rest of the idiots on the list are doing so because his posts are a waste of time, and to respond to them would just validate his existance.

jhns
10-01-2009, 06:32 AM
That is the same as responding to me. Addressing your response to baja doesn't cover that up.

Tail isn't that smart though.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
No wonder why you like the sooners.... Just plain ole bitter LOL

Better than living in a sesspool like Cali at least I can breath fresh air :approve:

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Dallas and the Patriots aren't NFL teams. If we wait long enough all of you naysayers will eventually be correct with your prediction for a loss.

The team can do well, and losing Cutler can still be a stupid decision.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR MORONS LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

Sorry for yelling so early in the morning, but the stupidity of people like tailgatenut is truly astounding

RaiderH8r
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM

Actually, since I never predicted 4-12 and always figured we were 6-10 bound.... maybe I made the list on accident.

Ah **** who knows...

Don't sweat it, they're wallowing in their own crapulence and chest thumping "I told you so's".

I reject the premise of the thread, I did not lose faith in the Broncos, I was dismayed and embarassed at how they handled themselves and individually as well as collectively pissed down their legs during the Cutler debacle.

I always figured us for 2-1 to open with a strong possibility of 3-0. I had us figured for 6-10. I always knew this upcoming stretch would be the real test of the team.

What I didn't expect was for Nolan to have this kind of impact on the D. That is a pleasant surprise. And it's not that we're playing ****ty teams, it's that the D is flying around and flat out drilling people. Playing nasty and with purpose. Haven't seen it since Big Al and it's a welcome sight.

I also didn't expect the level of effective adjustments at half time by the O. That's been great. We've come out and consistantly moved the ball better in the third quarter than we did in the second. That's nice.

I never doubted McKid's X's and O's ability. Pissing away a franchise QB is not something I took, or take lightly. It was a f'ing embarassment and made the team weaker. Orton is not the QBOTF, he's barely QBOTpresent.

Bottom line, don't give me this "better fan than thou, told you so, eat crap and die because you're not a true fan because you had the audacity to question stupidity" line of BS. Anyone wants to give me that can suck my pucker. I am not an enabler. When I see a f up I call it out and that's what I did.

TailgateNut
10-01-2009, 07:07 AM

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR MORONS LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

Sorry for yelling so early in the morning, but the stupidity of people like tailgatenut is truly astounding

Hey ASSHOLE, I didn't even mention your lover.

..and re. your "The team can do well". You sure didn't think we had a chance earlier in the season. Did Ya.

It was all doom and gloom for you and your ilk.

Living in NY you should become a JETS fan. Your negativity and stupidity would fit in with that crowd, and your hatred for the mgt., coach, and the team as a whole was pretty evident over the past few months.

BroncoInSkinland
10-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Don't sweat it, they're wallowing in their own crapulence and chest thumping "I told you so's".

I reject the premise of the thread, I did not lose faith in the Broncos, I was dismayed and embarassed at how they handled themselves and individually as well as collectively pissed down their legs during the Cutler debacle.

I always figured us for 2-1 to open with a strong possibility of 3-0. I had us figured for 6-10. I always knew this upcoming stretch would be the real test of the team.

What I didn't expect was for Nolan to have this kind of impact on the D. That is a pleasant surprise. And it's not that we're playing ****ty teams, it's that the D is flying around and flat out drilling people. Playing nasty and with purpose. Haven't seen it since Big Al and it's a welcome sight.

I also didn't expect the level of effective adjustments at half time by the O. That's been great. We've come out and consistantly moved the ball better in the third quarter than we did in the second. That's nice.

I never doubted McKid's X's and O's ability. Pissing away a franchise QB is not something I took, or take lightly. It was a f'ing embarassment and made the team weaker. Orton is not the QBOTF, he's barely QBOTpresent.

Bottom line, don't give me this "better fan than thou, told you so, eat crap and die because you're not a true fan because you had the audacity to question stupidity" line of BS. Anyone wants to give me that can suck my pucker. I am not an enabler. When I see a f up I call it out and that's what I did.

Another co-sign here. Also regarding Nolan and the D, they do look great right now, but I still have my doubts about the lack of attention paid to the line, that will be tested over the next few games as well. If they have even one good performance in the next three games (which I now believe they will), I will be ready to eat crow on that particular issue. I can't believe Nolan found a way to turn around that unit without big name FA's, multiple high draft picks, or a combination of both, but I am very close to coming around. I just want to see it happen against another good Offense (cincy is still suspect in my mind, but does hold some weight after the GB/Pit games). Dallas will do nicely, and even then I know bad games happen, so NE or SD behind that would work as well.

tsiguy96
10-01-2009, 07:17 AM

until cutler stops putting his team in positions to lose games (lost the packers game single handedly and almost the seahawks game by himself) he is not a franchise QB, regardless of how much you want to say so.

you dont QUESTION a franchise QB. matt ryan, joe flacco, they are franchise QBs and show it every week with their performance and leadership. screaming at everyone who will listen on the sidelines and in your 4th year you still havent convinced everyone you are a franchise QB means you are NOT. peyton manning, tom brady, rivers, brees, big ben, these guys are franchise QBs and they have proved it. what has cutler proved, besides he turns the ball over too much, especially in the red zone, and hell put up a ton of yards but not many points?

baja
10-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Better than living in a sesspool like Cali at least I can breath fresh air :approve:

Actually you are breathing "Calli's" recycled air but they are drinking your recycled water so it could be worse...

baja
10-01-2009, 07:59 AM

<b>Bottom line, don't give me this "better fan than thou, told you so, eat crap and die because you're not a true fan because you had the audacity to question stupidity" line of BS. Anyone wants to give me that can suck my pucker. I am not an enabler. When I see a f up I call it out and that's what I did.

Who did that exactly?

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
We could win a lot and be laughed at.

Quote fodder.

kamakazi_kal
10-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I have doubted allot of the moves this offseason. None of them involved Nolan or the defense wait scratch that I bitched plenty about the NT position.

I said I would wait until week 7 before coming with further opinion. I still have my reservations about some of the decisions. We can be all happy and I'm happy were kicking ass but, lets be real here we beat 3 pretty bad teams.
The next 5 weeks will tell allot about where this team is.

kamakazi_kal
10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
until cutler stops putting his team in positions to lose games (lost the packers game single handedly and almost the seahawks game by himself) he is not a franchise QB, regardless of how much you want to say so.

you dont QUESTION a franchise QB. matt ryan, joe flacco, they are franchise QBs and show it every week with their performance and leadership. screaming at everyone who will listen on the sidelines and in your 4th year you still havent convinced everyone you are a franchise QB means you are NOT. peyton manning, tom brady, rivers, brees, big ben, these guys are franchise QBs and they have proved it. what has cutler proved, besides he turns the ball over too much, especially in the red zone, and hell put up a ton of yards but not many points?

I would still take him over Orton .....

Mr.Meanie
10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
That isn't a very good argument. We could win a lot and be laughed at. If we aren't winning SBs and our only weakness is QB, all while cutler turns into a top 5 QB for the next decade. We get laughed at. It isn't like anything from the Cutler trade is responsible for the teams turnaround on defense.

So again, I never said we would lose.

How many winning teams do you know of that are laughed at?

oubronco
10-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Actually you are breathing "Calli's" recycled air but they are drinking your recycled water so it could be worse...

ok :~ohyah!:

BroncoInSkinland
10-01-2009, 08:20 AM

See Chargers.

jhns
10-01-2009, 08:23 AM

How many teams have traded away a 25 year old pro bowl QB?

Let's think about this for a minute. In 30-50 years (the time frame from the quote), it will not be about this one season. Why are you guys acting like that quote says we will lose this season? If we have QB problems over the next decade and we aren't winning SBs, while Cutler turns into a good QB, we will be laughed at for this move. I would say wait and see but if anyone remembers this convo in 20 years, I'm not sure I want to talk to you then anyways.

jhns
10-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I would also like to add(when I go to edit I don't have a submit button so it is a new post) that it is my opinion that Cutler will progress and become a top QB. I get not everyone agrees with that. I also do not think Orton is the answer at QB.

If Orton gets better or McD replaces him soom with a good QB, my opinion of the situation could change. As of now, I see us getting laughed at, for this trade, in the future.

I still stand by the team and tell people I am a bronco fan though. My opinion on this subject does not change this.

TonyR
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

But you're not willing to give McD and the FO any credit for their personnel moves which impacted the D? I see all of you haters giving Nolan the credit but no mention of the personnel moves you were all melting down about.

baja
10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
But you're not willing to give McD and the FO any credit for their personnel moves which impacted the D? I see all of you haters giving Nolan the credit but no mention of the personnel moves you were all melting down about.

I wonder who they think hired Nolen

TonyR
10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
How many teams have traded away a 25 year old pro bowl QB?

What will it take for you to let go of this? Another Lombardi Trophy in Dove Valley? I think most people would agree that the whole ordeal could have been handled better by all parties involved. I also think most people would agree that Cutler is a better QB than Orton. But to frame your whole attitude and outlook for this team around this single issue, and to do it incessantly, is a little wrongheaded.

As I've said many times already, it's not the criticism that bothers people and has helped create this rift. It's the constant negativity, over the top bashing, and doom and gloom. And now you people wonder why you're being called out to answer for how silly you were in the offseason.

TonyR
10-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Yep, there's that, too. But remember that McD was only involved with decisions they consider wrong.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey a-hole, I didn't even mention your lover.

..and re. your "The team can do well". You sure didn't think we had a chance earlier in the season. Did Ya.

It was all doom and gloom for you and your ilk.

Living in NY you should become a JETS fan. Your negativity and stupidity would fit in with that crowd, and your hatred for the mgt., coach, and the team as a whole was pretty evident over the past few months.

I don't hate anything about the Broncos. Trading Cutler was stupid. There is room for both to exist side by side.

Watch this:

I love the NY knicks. Trading Patrick Ewing instead of letting his contract expire was stupid. Knick fans said the same thing to me at the time, I wasn;t a true fan, etc.

I was 100% right, although the point wasn't made until a few years after the fact.

Lets review: I am a true fan, I just think a poor decision was made and therefore voiced my opinion.

Get it, super fan?

Stop with the intellectually dishonest straw-man arguments, they do nothing to improve your point.

Tombstone RJ
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
The season is far from over. I've been a McD kool aid drinker from the beginning but even I know this 3-0 start is somewhat tenuous.

Lets bring this thread back after the next 4 games...

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM

the Nolan hire, no matter whose decision, was a fantastic move. Mike Nolan has something to prove, has HC experience and can help McDaniels out, and has roots with the Broncos, perfect fit.

That, the Andra Davis signing, and moving Elvis Dumervil to LB are my 3 favorite moves of the offseason.

jhns
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
What will it take for you to let go of this? Another Lombardi Trophy in Dove Valley? I think most people would agree that the whole ordeal could have been handled better by all parties involved. I also think most people would agree that Cutler is a better QB than Orton. But to frame your whole attitude and outlook for this team around this single issue, and to do it incessantly, is a little wrongheaded.

As I've said many times already, it's not the criticism that bothers people and has helped create this rift. It's the constant negativity, over the top bashing, and doom and gloom. And now you people wonder why you're being called out to answer for how silly you were in the offseason.

And again, it isn't like the positive fans were better about this. I didn't post here untill about training camp this year. The second I mentioned Cutlers name I had so much **** talked to me it wasn't funny(ok some of it was). I was told that I wasn't a real fan a bunch of times. That started from the very first post about my feelings on the subject.

Also, all offseason there would be 2-3 threads dedicated to the negative crowd and the positive crowd would spend all their time in those threads instead of in some other positive thread. The positive people were just as much part of the problem as the negative people. No, that doesn't go for everyone on both sides.

baja
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
What will it take for you to let go of this? Another Lombardi Trophy in Dove Valley?<b> I think most people would agree that the whole ordeal could have been handled better by all parties involved. </b> I also think most people would agree that Cutler is a better QB than Orton. But to frame your whole attitude and outlook for this team around this single issue, and to do it incessantly, is a little wrongheaded.

Not me, I think they wanted to trade Cutler all along and did a masterful job of maximizing his value.

Jason in LA
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM

I'm waiting until midseason. Reason is that lets say they lose to the Cowboys, the "I told you so" will be coming from the folks that thought that this team will suck. But that's really not fair. Because what if they bounce back and beat the Pats the next week? I'd say that waiting until mid season we can really get a good gauge on them because we'd have a number of games to base it on. If they can get to 6 wins by mid season then I'd say we should throw a party. 5 wins and they are decent. If they are sitting there with 4 wins then they are who a lot of us thought they were. They aren't about to go on a 5 game losing streak.

So I don't see a need to go on a game by game basis. At mid season we'll really know what this team is.

baja
10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
And again, it isn't like the positive fans were better about this. I didn't post here untill about training camp this year. The second I mentioned Cutlers name I had so much **** talked to me it wasn't funny(ok some of it was). I was told that I wasn't a real fan a bunch of times. That started from the very first post about my feelings on the subject.

Also, all offseason there would be 2-3 threads dedicated to the negative crowd and the positive crowd would spend all their time in those threads instead of in some other positive thread. The positive people were just as much part of the problem as the negative people. No, that doesn't go for everyone on both sides.

As soon as i figure out what the hell you are talking about I am sure I will thank you for clearing that up.

oubronco
10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm waiting until midseason. Reason is that lets say they lose to the Cowboys, the "I told you so" will be coming from the folks that thought that this team will suck. But that's really not fair. Because what if they bounce back and beat the Pats the next week? I'd say that waiting until mid season we can really get a good gauge on them because we'd have a number of games to base it on. If they can get to 6 wins by mid season then I'd say we should throw a party. 5 wins and they are decent. If they are sitting there with 4 wins then they are who a lot of us thought they were. They aren't about to go on a 5 game losing streak.

So I don't see a need to go on a game by game basis. At mid season we'll really know what this team is.

I don't see this issue being solved at all this year

Mr.Meanie
10-01-2009, 08:56 AM

You didn't just "mention Cutler's name", you flat out said you hope McD fails so we can get a real coach. That's why you are even in this discussion.

jhns
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
As soon as i figure out what the hell you are talking about I am sure I will thank you for clearing that up.

That is very kind of you. I will probably even return a "You're welcome."

jhns
10-01-2009, 09:03 AM
You didn't just "mention Cutler's name", you flat out said you hope McD fails so we can get a real coach. That's why you are even in this discussion.

What? Where do you guys get this stuff? This is exactly why me and other posters have problems. You all make crap up just to pick fights. that is exactly why I say you all contributed to the way the board has been.

Please though, show me a single time I have ever said I want mcdaniels or the team to fail. I have said I want him fired but for how he was dealing with the offseason. I have never said I want the team to lose so he gets fired.

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I still think we judge McDaniels and the Cutler trade 2-3 years from now, but so far McDaniels has proven a better leader and coach than I had hoped.

The Cutler trade basically involved these factors:

1. Ayers - don't know yet
2. Whoever we pick with next year's first - don't know yet
3. Kyle Orton - so far not the joke some thought, but don't know yet
4. Change in culture to true team-first, no one player is "special" - don't know yet
5. Cutler, how well he does, and how that adds up against 1-4 - don't know yet

(You could also make the case that we were able to take Moreno because we had the luxury of two firsts, and Alphonso because we had an extra first from next year)

BroncoBuff
10-01-2009, 09:06 AM
That statement is true of course.

But I'm not arguing with tailgatenut, he's #1 inthe pick'em standings :thumbsup:

outdoor_miner
10-01-2009, 09:07 AM

Oh - people were giving McD plenty of "credit" when they didn't like the moves on D in the offseason. What is McD thinking drafting Smith, McBath, and Bruton over D-Line? Why did he sign Hill, Goodman, and Dawkins and no impact players on the Line? Fields "sucks", Davis "sucks", etc etc etc. I got in several arguments with people back then trying to point out that Nolan had to be involved in the decision making process, as well, but everyone wanted to claim McD (and McD alone) was doing a ****ty job building the D.

Of course, now that things are going well, we see the exact opposite from some people. It's all Nolan...

baja
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Even if it is all Nolan, McD hired him.

Jason in LA

I totally agree with this statement. This team can become legit this season, but I'd say they'd be that much better with a QB like Cutler. Maybe even a team that could make a real run. People say that Cutler turned the ball over too much, which is true. But that happens when a team has to rely solely on the passing O because the D can't stop anybody and because all the RBs get hurt. Put Cutler on this Broncos team, with a good D (so far) and healthy RBs (so far) and I think the O would be lighting up the score board. His ints would go way down. This team would still be sitting at 3 and 0, and I don't think that it would have come down to a fluke play to beat Cincy. They would have been sitting on more than 6 points in the final seconds of that game.

So I'd say this team has the makings of something good (we'll find out over the next 5 weeks). But with a QB like Culter I'd already say they were legit.

Peoples Champ
i wont lie, I had low expectations for the year, also some of it was missing shanahan, but obviously change is good, now we look good. You can call that badwagoning, or you can call it giving your team low expectations for your own person self esteem.

Jason in LA
10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't see this issue being solved at all this year

I can see that. I actually see both camps being wrong. This team certainly isn't a bottom feeder like some predicted, but I don't see them being as great as some people are making them out to be. One homer before the season had them winning 10 games. And the way some of the folks are patting themselves on the back it seems like they are buying into that too. By seasons end this team will fall somewhere in the middle.

baja
10-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I can see that. I actually see both camps being wrong. This team certainly isn't a bottom feeder like some predicted, but I don't see them being as great as some people are making them out to be. One homer before the season had them winning 10 games. And the way some of the folks are patting themselves on the back it seems like they are buying into that too. By seasons end this team will fall somewhere in the middle.

There were way more than one "homer" picking the Broncos to win 10 or more games.

Mr.Meanie
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
What? Where do you guys get this stuff? This is exactly why me and other posters have problems. You all make crap up just to pick fights. that is exactly why I say you all contributed to the way the board has been.

Please though, show me a single time I have ever said I want mcdaniels or the team to fail. I have said I want him fired but for how he was dealing with the offseason. I have never said I want the team to lose so he gets fired.

How does a coach get fired for winning again?

outdoor_miner
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I totally agree with this statement. This team can become legit this season, but I'd say they'd be that much better with a QB like Cutler. Maybe even a team that could make a real run. People say that Cutler turned the ball over too much, which is true. But that happens when a team has to rely solely on the passing O because the D can't stop anybody and because all the RBs get hurt. Put Cutler on this Broncos team, with a good D (so far) and healthy RBs (so far) and I think the O would be lighting up the score board. His ints would go way down. This team would still be sitting at 3 and 0, and I don't think that it would have come down to a fluke play to beat Cincy. They would have been sitting on more than 6 points in the final seconds of that game.

So I'd say this team has the makings of something good (we'll find out over the next 5 weeks). But with a QB like Culter I'd already say they were legit.

Any comparison this year is too early because it discounts the development of Ayers, Smith, and Quinn... all the pieces we got from the Cutler trade. I really believe McDaniels is trying to turn us into "perennial contenders" like New England has been of late. Year in and year out competing for a championship. We'll have to see how those key "cogs" in the Broncos wheel develop. Even if Cutler is great in Chicago, what if Ayers and Smith turn out to be key components of a dominant defense in a year or two? What if the Broncos miss the playoffs this year, and then evolve into a championship contender next year and the year after? We're just going to have to see how these 2 franchises evolve over the next 2 or 3 years...

Also - I think the concern that Cutler would really "buy in" to a system where he may not be the center of the universe is a valid concern. Would the chemistry be the same with him in the lockerroom? I don't know.

jhns
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
How does a coach get fired for winning again?

How could he lose if I wanted him gone before the season started? Nice try with the twist.

jhns
10-01-2009, 09:34 AM
All of you that wanted Bush kicked out of office were obviously wanting China to take over the US. I mean, he wasn't getting kicked out for the decisions he made so you had to have wanted something horrible to happen to this country, right?

baja
10-01-2009, 09:39 AM
All of you that wanted Bush kicked out of office were obviously wanting China to take over the US. I mean, he wasn't getting kicked out for the decisions he made so you had to have wanted something horrible to happen to this country, right?

This is so good that I will quote it for those of you that have this guy on iggy.

TailgateNut
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM
This is so good that I will quote it for those of you that have this guy on iggy.

That's why he IS on iggy. Just a clueless **** who makes a person scratch their head as they attempt to understand how a single cell being has the ability access and post on the internet.

TonyR
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Not me, I think they wanted to trade Cutler all along and did a masterful job of maximizing his value.

Very possible. And we'll probably never know. I do have a suspicion that Cutler wasn't very highly thought of by many around the league coming into this season.

BroncoInferno
10-01-2009, 09:46 AM
My main criticism of the negative nancies was not that they hated most of the moves McDaniels made. That's perfectly fair. It was the attitude that anyone who suggested a "wait and see" approach was being a blind homer and that it was a foregone conclusion that the season would be a disaster. That said, 3-0 does not guarentee anything. We started 3-0 last season as well, and we all know how that turned out. In fact, some of the naysayers even predicted a 2-1 or 3-0 start, but thought we would tank it once we hit the meat of the schedule. That could certainly still happen. I don't believe it will happen, though. Last year, there were signs of the trouble to come because we were turning it over too much on offense and the defense could not stop anyone sans the Raiders in the opener. This 3-0 team has the right formula for consistent success: tough defense, running the ball often and effectively, and not turning it over. I think with that formula there is not a team on the schedule we are not capable of beating. We will of course lose a few, but I think we get into the playoffs. I suspect there will be plenty of crow to dish out at seasons end, but it is hypocritical to have criticized the negative nancies for failing to take a "wait and see" approach and then call them to the floor this early in the season. They could still be proven correct, though I doubt it. Save threads like this until we clinch a playoff berth at least.

jhns
10-01-2009, 09:47 AM
See what I mean. The kiddies come out in force to talk **** on this site. The "positive" fans are more of a problem with the way this board has been than anyone else. You guys will always try passing blame though. It is always someone else. The positive fans never instigate or keep the negative arguments alive.

We gwt it already. Can you all stop crying about it now?

TonyR
10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
^ Great post, Inferno.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM

that is actually a fantastic analogy.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM

of course fresh air. Once that tornado clears out the dust and your aluminum home with the rest of the town, everything seems fresh....except the stinch of dead farm animal carcasses laid out on the neighbors Pinto.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
of course fresh air. Once that tornado clears out the dust and your aluminum home with the rest of the town, everything seems fresh....except the stinch of dead farm animal carcasses laid out on the neighbors Pinto.

noice, I would love to see this thread turn into a geopraphical pisser

Mr. Elway
10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
See what I mean. The kiddies come out in force to talk **** on this site. The "positive" fans are more of a problem with the way this board has been than anyone else. You guys will always try passing blame though. It is always someone else. The positive fans never instigate or keep the negative arguments alive.

We gwt it already. Can you all stop crying about it now?

Once again, jhns is raising the level of the discourse while being victimized by juveniles.

jhns
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Once again, jhns is raising the level of the discourse while being victimized by juveniles.

At least you are starting to get it.

RaiderH8r
10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Who did that exactly?

Doesn't matter because calling people out is just not going to be productive. It has been a common theme in this division. I probably won't call people out for doing it in the future because ultimately it doesn't matter to me aside from my initial, knee jerk, "FU" reaction that I usually let pass before posting a reply. Life is too short to get into trivial pissing matches on the internets...well, some trivial pissing matches. Other trivial pissing matches become life and death pretty quickly. I reserve the right to determine which fits into which category.

And yes, McD brought in Nolan, I was stoked. It was a great move. I like that they brought in Dawkins, solid talent but bigger leadership. Great move. Collectively wetting themselves over a trade demand, bad move. Showed a lot of weakness. More than that the whole thing was just embarassing and I've never been embarassed to be a Broncos fan. Making me embarassed to be a Broncos fan, even for a fleeting instant, is a serious transgression that I don't take lightly. I've suffered through a lot of beatings, wel all know the bS other teams threw at us. But never for a second was I embarassed, on the contrary, always proud.

This may all work out fine or not. Regardless the Cutler thing will always loom over McKid and this organization. We're inextricably linked together through McKid's craptitudinal performance in handling that situation.

baja
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Doesn't matter because calling people out is just not going to be productive. It has been a common theme in this division. I probably won't call people out for doing it in the future because ultimately it doesn't matter to me aside from my initial, knee jerk, "FU" reaction that I usually let pass before posting a reply. Life is too short to get into trivial pissing matches on the internets...well, some trivial pissing matches. Other trivial pissing matches become life and death pretty quickly. I reserve the right to determine which fits into which category.

And yes, McD brought in Nolan, I was stoked. It was a great move. I like that they brought in Dawkins, solid talent but bigger leadership. Great move. Collectively wetting themselves over a trade demand, bad move. Showed a lot of weakness. More than that the whole thing was just embarassing and I've never been embarassed to be a Broncos fan. Making me embarassed to be a Broncos fan, even for a fleeting instant, is a serious transgression that I don't take lightly. I've suffered through a lot of beatings, wel all know the bS other teams threw at us. But never for a second was I embarassed, on the contrary, always proud.

This may all work out fine or not. Regardless the Cutler thing will always loom over McKid and this organization. We're inextricably linked together through McKid's craptitudinal performance in handling that situation.

What if they wanted to trade Cutler all along because they knew something you do not.

bombay
10-01-2009, 02:25 PM
My main criticism of the negative nancies was not that they hated most of the moves McDaniels made. That's perfectly fair. It was the attitude that anyone who suggested a "wait and see" approach was being a blind homer and that it was a foregone conclusion that the season would be a disaster. That said, 3-0 does not guarentee anything. We started 3-0 last season as well, and we all know how that turned out. In fact, some of the naysayers even predicted a 2-1 or 3-0 start, but thought we would tank it once we hit the meat of the schedule. That could certainly still happen. I don't believe it will happen, though. Last year, there were signs of the trouble to come because we were turning it over too much on offense and the defense could not stop anyone sans the Raiders in the opener. This 3-0 team has the right formula for consistent success: tough defense, running the ball often and effectively, and not turning it over. I think with that formula there is not a team on the schedule we are not capable of beating. We will of course lose a few, but I think we get into the playoffs. I suspect there will be plenty of crow to dish out at seasons end, but it is hypocritical to have criticized the negative nancies for failing to take a "wait and see" approach and then call them to the floor this early in the season. They could still be proven correct, though I doubt it. Save threads like this until we clinch a playoff berth at least.

Nicely done. Too reasonable for an internet forum.

jhns
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Nicely done. Too reasonable for an internet forum.

I agree. There is no room for reasonable posts on the internet.

You have to remember that when posting in forums you: A) Say whatever pops into your head as you read a post, and B) defend that thought to the death.

You can't go wrong if you follow those two steps.

colonelbeef
10-01-2009, 02:43 PM

great post.

See, there is room to disagree with how certain things have gone down, and yet, we can all still be superfans.

Bronx33
10-01-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.superiorsigndesigns.com/coroplast_files/Repent_and_be_saved_draft.jpg

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 07:01 AM
What if they wanted to trade Cutler all along because they knew something you do not.

Then they handled it like a bunch of pecker tripping amateurs. Trade him or don't but the way they pulled it off was amateur hour and an embarassment.

Meck77
10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Making me embarassed to be a Broncos fan, even for a fleeting instant, is a serious transgression that I don't take lightly. I've suffered through a lot of beatings, wel all know the bS other teams threw at us. But never for a second was I embarassed, on the contrary, always proud.

What about when the lions flat out BEAT US DOWN a few years ago? I think Pat Bowlen was already thinking about changing things up back then.

colonelbeef
10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Then they handled it like a bunch of pecker tripping amateurs. Trade him or don't but the way they pulled it off was amateur hour and an embarassment.

QFT.

Obvious and inarguable.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 07:23 AM
What about when the lions flat out BEAT US DOWN a few years ago? I think Pat Bowlen was already thinking about changing things up back then.

Exactly - and the Charger whoopings. I was embarrassed on more than one occasion with the performance of the team, with players appearing to give up late in the game.

baja
10-02-2009, 07:24 AM

maybe they were on the fence about him but were still hoping to see a level of maturity from Cutler before they invested so very much in him and when it became obvious they could not get it than they decided to cut their losses and go in another direction.

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM

I wasn't embarassed. I was quite disappointed and pissed off because we laid down but not embarassed because it wasn't a public airing of dirty laundry. It was a sh!t the bed game which happens on occasion in all sports.

TailgateNut
10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
maybe they were on the fence about him but were still hoping to see a level of maturity from Cutler before they invested so very much in him and when it became obvious they could not get it than they decided to cut their losses and go in another direction.

Didn't you get the memo?

Cutler did nothing to warrant the trade. He didn't aks for a trade, he didn't sulk about the loss of Shanahan, He responded to calls from the team and he didn't allow his ego to over-ride his gray matter/ err common sense.:wiggle:

The memo also states that due to fan hysteria the organization should issue an apology to the "Queen of the NFL".

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 07:52 AM

They hoped to see a level of maturity from Cutler that they certainly weren't demonstrating?

We've been around this merry go round for quite awhile now and my point always comes back to this; who is the adult? Who is the boss? Who is supposed to act in the most professional manner? Who's been on this ride before? Who knows how the league works? Who should be expected to be the grown up?

I expect more out of ownership and the FO than I do out of players and agents on that sort of stuff. Players play owners and the FO are supposed to handle their business in a fashion befitting their positions. When either party comes up short in their area of expertise it isn't out of bounds to call them on it.

Mr.Meanie
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
They hoped to see a level of maturity from Cutler that they certainly weren't demonstrating?

We've been around this merry go round for quite awhile now and my point always comes back to this; who is the adult? Who is the boss? Who is supposed to act in the most professional manner? Who's been on this ride before? Who knows how the league works? Who should be expected to be the grown up?

I expect more out of ownership and the FO than I do out of players and agents on that sort of stuff. Players play owners and the FO are supposed to handle their business in a fashion befitting their positions. When either party comes up short in their area of expertise it isn't out of bounds to call them on it.

The answer... they are ALL adults, and they are ALL professional. They are all paid millions of dollars to be a part of this game. Why does everyone insist the players should be treated like this is pop warner?

Meck77
10-02-2009, 07:57 AM
H8r...I see your point I really do. Keep in mind at the end of the day the FO/Bowlen dealt Cutler. They obviously felt the trade was worth it and did the deal. I guess they still have to work on you a bit though. ;D

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Didn't you get the memo?

Cutler did nothing to warrant the trade. He didn't aks for a trade, he didn't sulk about the loss of Shanahan, He responded to calls from the team and he didn't allow his ego to over-ride his gray matter/ err common sense.:wiggle:

The memo also states that due to fan hysteria the organization should issue an apology to the "Queen of the NFL".

JF Christ already. Yeah, Cutler did his share but, again, for the millionth f'ing time, who has been down this road before?

Of course he was disappointed with losing a coach. I was disappointed when my college coach was fired. I was pissed and thought about transferring but guess what, the new regime came in and sat down and handled the situation professionally. They knew nobody on the team had likely gone through this sort of thing before and were open and honest about what the transition would entail. Listening to gripes and concerns. They understand that most football players, especially young ones, are fiercely loyal to those that demonstrate faith and trust in them. McKid came in and shat on that with Cutler. Then Bowlen shat on it further. Both of them are supposed to be professionals in player/personnel management and they both f'd it up gloriously. If they wanted to trade him then pull the f'ing trigger like men and deal with the fall out. But no, they f'd about and played like a couple of pecker diddling dip****s behind the shed with a new found boner. "Ooooh lookie here, let's poke at it and see what happens." Like this whole f'ing thing was the first time they'd ever had a player pissed off about their operation. So yeah, I expect more out of them than I do a young player. Excuse the ever loving **** out of me for having a higher standard for the elder "wise men" of the organization.

baja
10-02-2009, 07:59 AM

I had conveniently forgot about that. That was embarrassing

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
The answer... they are ALL adults, and they are ALL professional. They are all paid millions of dollars to be a part of this game. Why does everyone insist the players should be treated like this is pop warner?

No, Cutler gets paid millions of dollars to play a game. The rest of them get paid millions of dollars to figure out how to make Cutler a better player. Christ on a crutch.

Why does everyone forget that this kid is 25 f'ing years old. WTF are most 25 year olds doing in the million dollar deal making business in this world? Not f'ing much that's what. So yeah, again...excuse me for expecting the "wise men" to handle themselves better than a 25 year old.

TailgateNut
10-02-2009, 08:04 AM
If they wanted to trade him then pull the f'ing trigger like men and deal with the fall out..

They did, and they are. It's just the Cutlerlovers who can't seem to grasp that he has been traded and regardless of the amount of tears shed they will not issue an apology to those fans who just can't get over the fact that Cutler just wasn't right for this organization who is building a TEAM CONCEPT, not a Queen and WorkerBee type organization which Mr EGO wanted.

baja
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM

Someone had a great phrase covering this yesterday. Something like McD wants to take this team in a new direction and Cutler was not going to enhance that. Too bad I can't remember it was so well stated.

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
H8r...I see your point I really do. Keep in mind at the end of the day the FO/Bowlen dealt Cutler. They obviously felt the trade was worth it and did the deal. I guess they still have to work on you a bit though. ;D

I was getting over the deal when the pulled 2 firsts. I thought, "OK, I can deal. This has huge potential." Then they traded a first rounder for a second round pick and I pissed myself at their epic ****wittery and that turned the wound into a scar.

Now, every time the wound starts to scab over I get a certain crowd on here doing laps on the "I told you so" circuit and I'm left to defend my position because it was defensable then and it is defensable now. We're 3-0 which is great. I fully believed this would be a distinct possibility. But we've got the meat and taters coming up now and we'll truly see what this team is made of. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I hope this team does well. But I'll never forgive the ****wittery that was the Cutler debacle.

Meck77
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Was that direction called the playoffs by chance?

baja
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM

It was because of that ego that they felt he did not fit into what they wanted to build here, sure they could have forced him to play in Denver they just figured it was counter productive.

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Someone had a great phrase covering this yesterday. Something like McD wants to take this team in a new direction and Cutler was not going to enhance that. Too bad I can't remember it was so well stated.

How the f would they (McKid et al) know that? They were too busy pissing in his shoes and telling him it was raining.

That's some revisionist BS right there. Look no further than the Marshall situation to understand that the FO and coach learned a valuable lesson from the way they puppy pissed down their leg with Cutler. They f'd it up and they know it.

baja
10-02-2009, 08:34 AM
How the f would they (McKid et al) know that? They were too busy pissing in his shoes and telling him it was raining.

That's some revisionist BS right there. Look no further than the Marshall situation to understand that the FO and coach learned a valuable lesson from the way they puppy pissed down their leg with Cutler. They f'd it up and they know it.

Remember McD and Cutler had spent a good deal of time together going over the play book and getting clear on what McD wanted to do here and what he saw jay's roll in the system and it was after that time together that Jay got all red assed about mcD picking up the phone to listen to a trade offer. That event was used as an excuse to set the stage to part ways and it was mutual

Mr.Meanie
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
No, Cutler gets paid millions of dollars to play a game. The rest of them get paid millions of dollars to figure out how to make Cutler a better player. Christ on a crutch.

Why does everyone forget that this kid is 25 f'ing years old. WTF are most 25 year olds doing in the million dollar deal making business in this world? Not f'ing much that's what. So yeah, again...excuse me for expecting the "wise men" to handle themselves better than a 25 year old.

I'm sorry, but that's no excuse. All of these kids playing the game are young, but there are a lot of them that demonstrate maturity. Look at Matt Ryan, a kid who no one could ever accuse of being a hothead or immature.

Look at Orton, who was booed relentlessly in Chicago even when he was winning. He's handled his career with nothing but class and maturity, and he's the same age as Cutler.

I love how people want to say these guys are too young to be expected to act like adults. Give me a friggin break.

So what's your take on Crabtree? Should he be given a pass, because he's only 21 and everyone else should be responsible except him?

RaiderH8r
10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry, but that's no excuse. All of these kids playing the game are young, but there are a lot of them that demonstrate maturity. Look at Matt Ryan, a kid who no one could ever accuse of being a hothead or immature.

Look at Orton, who was booed relentlessly in Chicago even when he was winning. He's handled his career with nothing but class and maturity, and he's the same age as Cutler.

I love how people want to say these guys are too young to be expected to act like adults. Give me a friggin break.

So what's your take on Crabtree? Should he be given a pass, because he's only 21 and everyone else should be responsible except him?

Maybe Crabtree could go play baseball...:thanku:

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
McKid came in and shat on that with Cutler. Then Bowlen shat on it further. Both of them are supposed to be professionals in player/personnel management and they both f'd it up gloriously.

I understand where you are coming from but consider this: Every other player still with the team managed to handle it, and they seem to like the new coach. Cutler wanted to be treated as a special player - more important than the other players. In some football clubs, that is just accepted as part of a pro bowl QB's life in the NFL. Certainly Jay is being welcomed as a rock star in Chicago. But I don't think that's what McDaniels is all about. I don't think he "shat" on Jay either - rather, he told him he wanted him to play, but there was no guarantee that he would not listen to trade offers at any point. That may not be what Cutler wanted to hear but really, is it that hard to deal with your boss saying that? I've heard much worse, even when I was his age, and the bottom line is you just sack up and do your job. Jay couldn't handle being treated as less than special.

At the time I felt like it was handled a bit roughly on both sides, and I still do. But Jay asked to be traded, not the other way around.

jhns
10-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I understand where you are coming from but consider this: Every other player still with the team managed to handle it, and they seem to like the new coach. Cutler wanted to be treated as a special player - more important than the other players. In some football clubs, that is just accepted as part of a pro bowl QB's life in the NFL. Certainly Jay is being welcomed as a rock star in Chicago. But I don't think that's what McDaniels is all about. I don't think he "shat" on Jay either - rather, he told him he wanted him to play, but there was no guarantee that he would not listen to trade offers at any point. That may not be what Cutler wanted to hear but really, is it that hard to deal with your boss saying that? I've heard much worse, even when I was his age, and the bottom line is you just sack up and do your job. Jay couldn't handle being treated as less than special.

At the time I felt like it was handled a bit roughly on both sides, and I still do. But Jay asked to be traded, not the other way around.

It starts again. I don't think this will end well but what the hell.

If you think he needed to go because he is selfish and asked for a trade, how can you not be pissed that Marshall is still here? He asked for a trade a couple of times. He actually did stuff that hurts the team in the process, unlike Cutler. How can this team survive with him when we had to get rid of Cutler, who didn't do half of what Marshall did? This is the part I will never understand about this argument.

Durango
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM

I have heard otherwise, although I can't fully trust the situation where I learned this, so I don't know for sure. I'll just say several wives of players have spouted off a LOT about this very thing in very public places, and it's not flattering to McDaniels or Bowlen, but again, I don't know how factually correct any of it is.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I have heard otherwise, although I can't fully trust the situation where I learned this, so I don't know for sure. I'll just say several wives of players have spouted off a LOT about this very thing in very public places, and it's not flattering to McDaniels or Bowlen, but again, I don't know how factually correct any of it is.

Then it's probably best not to count on it.

TailgateNut
10-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Don't try to compare the Marshall situation with the Cutler trade. Apples and steak comparison.

...and if you think they didn't trade BM is because they thought they made a mistake with ****ler, you are sadly mistaken.

TailgateNut
10-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Hilarious!

I heard it through the grapevine.....LOL

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 09:20 AM
It starts again. I don't think this will end well but what the hell.

If you think he needed to go because he is selfish and asked for a trade, how can you not be pissed that Marshall is still here? He asked for a trade a couple of times. He actually did stuff that hurts the team in the process, unlike Cutler. How can this team survive with him when we had to get rid of Cutler, who didn't do half of what Marshall did? This is the part I will never understand about this argument.

Maybe we will never agree, but there's no reason not to still discuss it now that we are a few months down the road. I understand your point, but I am not saying "if a player asks for a trade, we should always trade them." Cutler's trade value was far greater than Marshall's. We got good value for Cutler - whether or not the picks will translate to equivalent play is yet to be seen. With Marshall, his value on the field is greater than a single first, which we would have been fortunate to get in a trade.

You also cannot say that McDaniels did not think Cutler's behavior was hurting the team. It was certainly Jay-first, and perhaps that was not going to work for the on-field leader in a McD-led club. Maybe McD thought: "I can bench or suspend a wide receiver, but I don't have those kinds of options with my starting QB"

baja
10-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Dude that is called a rumor and you are helping spread it.

It's like telling your neighbor that Sal the mailman said he saw your wife with three sailors and none of them had any cloths on. That's a rumor too and neither one can bring anything good.

By the way the players are playing on the field and the energy and fun they show I'm thinking they like what McD has brought to Denver.

Durango
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Dude that is called a rumor and you are helping spread it.

It's like telling your neighbor that Sal the mailman said he saw your wife with three sailors and none of them had any cloths on. That's a rumor too and neither one can bring anything good.

By the way the players are playing on the field and the energy and fun they show I'm thinking they like what McD has brought to Denver.

That's not true. It's hearsay, but it's not rumor. Again, just the stadium setting and public places in general aren't the most fertile ground for factual content. But it does line up with some of the writings of the local sports people.

baja
10-02-2009, 09:54 AM
That's not true. It's hearsay, but it's not rumor. Again, just the stadium setting and public places in general aren't the most fertile ground for factual content. <b>But it does line up with some of the writings of the local sports people.

How so? Example.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
That's not true. It's hearsay, but it's not rumor. Again, just the stadium setting and public places in general aren't the most fertile ground for factual content. But it does line up with some of the writings of the local sports people.

Sorry man but that is bull****. This is something a player supposedly said to his wife, and she said it in front of someone else, and you supposedly know that someone else or someone who knows them. It's the very definition of a light rail rumor.

Tell us the full story if I'm wrong.

Durango
10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Aw shut the f*** up goofball. I sit near the wives and family of players and hear things all the time. Some of it isn't interesting, some of it is. This was interesting and it wasn't intended to be private either.

baja
10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Aw shut the **** up goofball. I sit near the wives and family of players and hear things all the time. Some of it isn't interesting, some of it is. This was interesting and it wasn't intended to be private either.

Fine! than tell us what the f**k they said already.

baja
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Or is the rev type inside info where you have to kill us if you tell us.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Bull**** detector is now at defcon 1

Durango
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Just that it isn't all happiness and unity in the lockerroom. Something about management secrecy that unnerves some of the players. That some don't know where they stand and it pisses them off. Generally, things like that. It's not like any of these people confided in me, but when someone, not a family member, said something to the effect that the team had to come together to get anything done this season, this lady volunteered up a volume of information and even got into an argument with someone else in her section. I assume it was a players wife, but I don't know. I don't even know the names of any of these ladies, with one exception, and I know she is the wife of a player.

Durango
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Bull**** detector is now at defcon 1

Listen, loser, you have anything better to do, maybe like a job, then do it.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Just that it isn't all happiness and unity in the lockerroom. Something about management secrecy that unnerves some of the players. That some don't know where they stand and it pisses them off. Generally, things like that. It's not like any of these people confided in me, but when someone, not a family member, said something to the effect that the team had to come together to get anything done this season, this lady volunteered up a volume of information and even got into an argument with someone else in her section. I assume it was a players wife, but I don't know. I don't even know the names of any of these ladies, with one exception, and I know she is the wife of a player.

So some lady at a game spouted off about McDaniels. OK, got it.

baja
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM

If she had a black eye it could be Marshall's GF.

Durango
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
So some lady at a game spouted off about McDaniels. OK, got it.

See post 207

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 10:25 AM
See post 207

Look, you posted something you overheard from someone you don't know, and whose identity you don't know. That makes it completely unreliable. Seing as how you were using that as evidence to refute what I was saying, you shouldn't be surprised that I pointed it out.

There's no need to lose your cool over it. :welcome:

Durango
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Look, you posted something you overheard from someone you don't know, and whose identity you don't know. That makes it completely unreliable. Seing as how you were using that as evidence to refute what I was saying, you shouldn't be surprised that I pointed it out.

There's no need to lose your cool over it. :welcome:

No, incorrect. I know exactly who she is. I have no idea who the other people were who were trying to get her to shut up. Some player wives attend all the games. They sit is different seats week to week, but you get used to seeing them and know who a few of them are. I guess some are family, friends, whatever. I don't really mingle with them at all. More than once, these ladies and even a few men have said things in the past that have turned out to be true. Not earthshaking things, and for the most part, I don't hear much because I'm not all that close and the crowd noise makes it impossible anyway once the stadium starts to fill up. But occasionally, some of the interaction becomes very public and you can't help but hear. This was one of those occasions.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
No, incorrect. I know exactly who she is. I have no idea who the other people were who were trying to get her to shut up. Some player wives attend all the games. They sit is different seats week to week, but you get used to seeing them and know who a few of them are. I guess some are family, friends, whatever. I don't really mingle with them at all. More than once, these ladies and even a few men have said things in the past that have turned out to be true. Not earthshaking things, and for the most part, I don't hear much because I'm not all that close and the crowd noise makes it impossible anyway once the stadium starts to fill up. But occasionally, some of the interaction becomes very public and you can't help but hear. This was one of those occasions.

It's still just some bull**** you overheard.

Durango
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM
It's still just some bull**** you overheard.

Look dude. You don't know me, and I don't know you. I can understand the skepticism with this kind of thing. I'm not a reporter, but I'm also not a liar. Frankly, I'm sorry I said anything. In the old Mile Hi I was no where near the family section, so this has all been a new experience with this new stadium enviroment and seating. I was simply relating what I had heard. I won't make the mistake again.

TailgateNut
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Look dude. You don't know me, and I don't know you. I can understand the skepticism with this kind of thing. I'm not a reporter, but I'm also not a liar. Frankly, I'm sorry I said anything. In the old Mile Hi I was no where near the family section, so this has all been a new experience with this new stadium enviroment and seating. I was simply relating what I had heard. I won't make the mistake again.

The FAMILY SECTION???

If you weren't in the 104-108 in the old stadium, who did you blow to get better seats in the new stadium?? Just asking.

Most of us got ****ed in the relocation process. Were you an exception to the RULE?

Rock Chalk
10-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Awesome, so some lady in the stands offered her opinion and you are spouting it off as fact.

And then you get all sensitive like a little bitch when people call you on it.

Mr. Elway
10-02-2009, 11:30 AM

Fair enough.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Please accept my apologies and let me continue cheering for you.

I'm not sure I "lost faith" per se, but I'll apologize for two things:
I'm sorry about doubting the D-line. None of Fields, McBean and Peterson had never been starters, and I doubted them. Looks like I was wrong. Please forgive me :pray:
I blasted Josh for making huge GM-function mistakes. I still think they were mistakes, but he's redeemed himself some with his excellent handling of the Marshall situation, looks like he pulled than one outta the fire. I doubted Josh could so quickly become a good GM. Please forgive me :pray:

That oughtta do it ... :approve:

Eldorado
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
hater.

Durango
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
The FAMILY SECTION???

If you weren't in the 104-108 in the old stadium, who did you blow to get better seats in the new stadium?? Just asking.

Most of us got ****ed in the relocation process. Were you an exception to the RULE?

I guess so. We were offered a virtual tour long before the new stadium opened and were offered available seating in several areas of the new stadium. We picked out our seats through the virtual tour close to the same general viewing area as our Mile Hi seats, then changed our minds and exchanged with a business group who were eager to keep their seats together. It actually improved our seating, but the prices were more expensive too, so I sold half the games each season to a business associate in 2002 and we decide before each season which games we will attend.

I've heard a lot of horror stories and I'm not exactly sure why we were able to select our seats. There was a legacy thing for people who owned tickets back to the beginning, and my father was among the first to own season tickets, but I'd be hard pressed to tell you what year he first purchased them.