PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With A Fantasy Trade

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Hola OMane. Here's the deal: I need a WR.

I was offered the following deal:
Eli/Colston for Rivers/MLynch/TO ...

My roster:
Favre
Rivers
SJax
Julius Jones
Kevin Smith
Mike Bell
MLynch
TO
Royal
Steve Smith -Giants
Anthony Gonzales
Zach Miller
Jason Witten
Crosby
Bears D

...My concern was parting with Lynch. At the same time, my WRs just are not scoring, and this would make my squad more well rounded. Thoughts?

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 08:15 AM
TO to colston is a huge upgrade, you have other rb's unless you start 3 rb's or a flex. eli is servicable behind favre.

I would make the trade if its a 1qb 2rb 2wr starting line-up. if its 1 qb 2/3 rb 2/3 wr then no I do not make the trade because yo ucan use lynch as the 3rd rb and use TO royal/smith or gonzalez when he comes back as #2 wr

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah we have a flex spot, so my concern with trading Lynch is that I want him when the byes start hitting me.

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I might just pick up Stokely off the Waiver wire and drop Mike Bell. Hopefully TO picks it up and/or royal picks it up.

bronco militia
09-30-2009, 08:25 AM
no way I give up on Rivers....especialy for Eli

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Well I agree that Rivers is better, but in my league Rivers has scored like 65 points while Eli has scored 56... Less than a 10 point difference.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
if there is flex then no...keep lynch

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
pick up garcon, stokely, manningham, byrant johnson (det), etc for some decent points

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah Garcon and Stokely are available I think I will go that route.

HAT
09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Do not make this trade. Even though Fred Jackson has probably stolen some of Lynch's carries with his outstanding play through 3 games.....Lynch has value to you with a flex.

WR is easier to grab via FA.

How many teams in your league?

I'd pass on Stokely b/c Denver spreads it around too much. Garcon has earned Peyton's trust but is still splitting time at #2 WR.

The guy to pick up this week is Keenan Burton. He just became the Rams #1 option and they will be behind and throwing. They face some pretty soft pass D's through week 12.

gyldenlove
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Get rid off Lynch, he won't see more than 50% of the touches in any game between now and when Fred JAckson gets injured.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Do not make this trade. Even though Fred Jackson has probably stolen some of Lynch's carries with his outstanding play through 3 games.....Lynch has value to you with a flex.

WR is easier to grab via FA.

How many teams in your league?

I'd pass on Stokely b/c Denver spreads it around too much. Garcon has earned Peyton's trust but is still splitting time at #2 WR.

The guy to pick up this week is Keenan Burton. He just became the Rams #1 option and they will be behind and throwing. They face some pretty soft pass D's through week 12.

who is he splitting #2 with??? ag hurt and garcon as been a very reliable target now.

HAT
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Collie.

Taco John
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't do that deal. I think you're giving up too much for minimal gain.

DrFate
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
TO has no value.

Rivers > Eli

I have Lynch in my league too, hoping he'll be a boom after he comes back - but that team will be behind a lot and I'm not sure how many carries he will get.

eddie mac
09-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Would anyone do Gonzalez for V Davis/F Jackson???

I have

McNabb
Westbrook
Gore
Wayne
S Moss
Gonzalez
Pierre Thomas
McGahee
Royal
L Coles
H Miller
Garrard
T Edwards
Gostkowski
Both New York D's

Personally despite RB/QB injuries I'm thinking no, because the FA pool remaining is crap and I'd have to dump another player.

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't do that deal. I think you're giving up too much for minimal gain.

Well I don't know if it's minimal gain.
Royal has scored low points.
Gonzales us hurt and has no points.
TO has 5 catches thus far.
Steve smith has produced.

I mean, I have to play somebody at WR. SSmith is one, but I'm struggling at the other. With that said, I think I will roll with TO at the 2 spot and try the waiver wire.

Doggcow
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
TO is only going to get worse, I'd take the trade, see if you can put favre in rivers' spot. I think Marshawn has a chance to go ape**** crazy.

gyldenlove
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I have a trade being proposed:

I give up:
Peyton Manning and Johnnie Lee Higgins

for

Philip Rivers and Vikinds DST

We are in a league with return yards and touchdowns being important for receivers, I have the Cowboys and Patriots DST right now and could use an upgrade.

I have Josh Cribbs, Wes Welker, TO, Bernard Berrian at WR, we start 2.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Would anyone do Gonzalez for V Davis/F Jackson???

I have

McNabb
Westbrook
Gore
Wayne
S Moss
Gonzalez
Pierre Thomas
McGahee
Royal
L Coles
H Miller
Garrard
T Edwards
Gostkowski
Both New York D's

Personally despite RB/QB injuries I'm thinking no, because the FA pool remaining is crap and I'd have to dump another player.

no...you dont need FJAX with your rb's

Taco John
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmmm... the more I think about this, the more it makes sense. You're gaining two solid players, and you're sending away one solid player and two gambles. Looking at it like that, I might even be inclined to think that you're getting the better end of this.

My initial reaction to this is because I don't like to give up runningbacks with any promise in them at all. You need all the legs you can get during the course of a season. Who are you picking up to replace Lynch? It seems to me that you need someone...

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
TJ - waiver wire maybe? Julius jones, sjax, and kevin smith have my 2 rb spots and flex. Could get dicey when byes roll around, but I *think* I'm OK rolling with those 3, but obviously nobody can get hurt.

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, ended up making another deal entirely.....

Traded Anthony Gonzales, T.O.

Received: Chad Ochocinco

Chad may not have the production of Colston but I got to shed dead weight and keep my RB's.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
i like that trade alot better

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm happy with it. AGonzales could be out another month and T.O. has B.O.

85 will start and produce immediately.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm happy with it. AGonzales could be out another month and T.O. has B.O.

85 will start and produce immediately.

the only thing i would be concerened with is if Lynch opens it up for TO but based off games with good running by jackson I think not!

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I don't know.

To be honest, I think T.O. could pick it up. On the other hand, I'm 1-2 and need somebody scoring on a somewhat consistent basis. Really Anthony Gonzales being hurt screwed me, as did Royal's complete lack of production. Every WR I drafted has flopped. (I picked up Steve Smith last week on the waiver wire.)