PDA

View Full Version : What's your ritual?

Marshall Dumervil
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm sure the locals have all seen the Mcdonald's commercial with the rituals.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kI55hUtl-9o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kI55hUtl-9o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know how they got Al Bundy to do it at the beginning, and the guy in the cape cracks me up. Anyway, what are YOU doing to get us to 4-0?

I've been going with my orange Marshall jersey, and every Sunday morning I have this bright orange coffee mug I use. Oh, and a bong hit right before kickoff.

!Booya!

Guaranteed victory!!

alkemical
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
depends on the god/goddess

broncofan
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Working, evidently...

I've worked all 3 Sundays so far this season and we've all seen what happened. As long as I'm home by kickoff I'll continue to do so.

RhymesayersDU
09-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Shake off the hangover from the night before, don my Champ jersey.

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I check my Super Bowl XXXII ball for proper inflation and then check the stadium alignment if its an away game to make sure the ball is aligned to the
long axis of the stadium.

For Invesco the ball must be North-south to ensure the team moves the same direction. Only a few stadiums are actually East-west but I check them anyway.

As far as other rituals, I don't wear any of my Jerseys routinely....The only active player I have is Sheffler and they have lost every time I have worn it.
Cutler jersey is still mine....maybe I'll wear it on our Bye week, since he stunk it up every time I wore it too.

I pull out the Elway for playoff type games. Even that didn't work last game of last year..

Then I sit and let the tension build until kickoff....after that I'm unresponsive to outside influences (wife) until game over .

Mr. Elway
09-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I dress all 8 of my pomeranians in the opposing teams colors and practice my punting in the back yard.

oubronco
09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Lick it before you Stick it

baja
09-30-2009, 08:22 AM
If we get behind I put on my old school hat and if it goes to 2 scores I dig out my old school jersey with the big D on it.

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
I have three.

1. Specific game day hat. It is the first item of clothing I put on after coming out of the shower and doesn't leave my head til after the game ends. It is never to be used on any other day. The one I am using now is from the 2006 season, and is just starting to show signs of wear. The first game we lose this year, I am going to switch to a new one.

2. Game day meal. Not necessarily fancy, but has to be something related to the team we are playing. I had Cinciinatti Chilli, Hanky Panky's (Ground beef, Sausage and cheese on rye bread - it's a Cleveland thing), Smoked Nachos which I heard are an Oakland thing, and this week I haven't decided between texas chilli or steaks.

3. The most important one, at least one beer out of my Bronco's iced beer stein while the game is in progress. We have not won a single game that I have watched without this one, so the choice here is clear, drink the beer, or don't watch the game. Fortunately I have no problem with drinking beer. :)

Meck77
09-30-2009, 08:30 AM
I laugh at some of the posts here during the week. I get a kick out the ones that say "Just wait til next week".

I then post some of that same garbage in Spiders "How bad will we lose thread".

*ahem* Orton sucks and we have no chance!

Ambiguous
09-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Turn on the TV, change channel to station the game is on.

Irish Stout
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure thats not Al Bundy.

I can't discuss my rituals on a public forum... I'm pretty sure it would get me locked up for awhile.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Wake up, get some coffee, throw a jersey on, come bash someone at the Orangemane then sit down and watch the game.

ak1971
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
drink a 40, do a couple lines, kick the dog down the stairs...

broncocalijohn
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
I dress all 8 of my pomeranians in the opposing teams colors and practice my punting in the back yard.

Brandon Marshall just called and said, ":thumbsup:" .

I always wear the Simon Fletcher jersey to live games. As for watching it at a bar, I have no ritual as I just choose whatever is there. Last year at Hooters in Anaheim (Broncos headquarters out here) we moved tables after we started losing. That was the Browns game so we stayed there. I also started switching out different jerseys until they had a good game.

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Simply put, got a Broncos T-shirt for xmas from the in-laws. Wore it for game 1 for the 1st time, will continue till we lose.

broncocalijohn
09-30-2009, 10:09 AM

guys, he is trying to act cool. Before he heads to his club seats, he polishes up the Mercedes or BMW, puts on his fav polo shirt (with his company logo on it), drinks a half glass of chardonnay, walks a straight line to make sure his light weight A$$ can drive then pets his 3 hyprid poodle-maltese for good luck. After this, he should arrive in Lot C 15 minutes before kickoff and consider himself early. What a pansy!

DenverBrit
09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I get out of bed. ;D

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM

That's some funny Crap!!:thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Varies by team.

Here's some of what I've done/plan to do this season:

Went on vacation the week prior to the San Fran game and told my boss I wouldn't come in the following Monday unless he gave me more $.

Didn't return any of my boss's calls or emails in the week leading up to the Bears game.

For the preseason game against the Cards, I watched the game from a hot tub with a bunch of high school girls and told them to call me Matt.

Before the Cleveland game, I spent the week wearing my collection of pink polo shirts and grabbing random guys' packages around the office.

Last week I ate my own bodyweight in KFC and Burger King. Still not feeling quite right.

SD week? I'll travel to 5 different states and attempt knock up 5 different women the week of the game.

Ravens? I'll help my buddies murder someone.

Steelers? Let's just say that whoever directv sends out to fix my tv the day of the game better be hot.

Pats? Videotape myself watching the game in a hoodie.

Washington? I'm going to start calling other women as much as possible and make it known that I'm shopping around for a future Mrs. Bean. Will offer to spend $1,000 on a bag of chips that the local grocery store advertised as the best bag of chips available.

NY? I'll get one of my friends drunk the night before the game and convince him to shoot himself in the leg. I'll then offer to help him hide the gun until kickoff.

Philly? This one's easy. It's Xmas week, so I'll travel to every mall I can find and relentlessly boo Santa Claus as he's trying to get pics with kids.

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I could tell you but I'd get banned! It involves my Ex GF who is a former ChargerGirl an immitation Bronco Cheerleader outfit and some Blue and Orange whipcream! Oh and Buffalo style Chicken wings and a 2 liter of "Vault"

Marshall Dumervil
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Varies by team.

Went on vacation the week prior to the San Fran game and told my boss I wouldn't come in the following Monday unless he gave me more $.

Didn't return any of my boss's calls or emails in the week leading up to the Bears game.

For the preseason game against the Cards, I watched the game from a hot tub with a bunch of high school girls and told them to call me Matt.

Before the Cleveland game, I spent the week wearing my collection of pink polo shirts and grabbing random guys' packages around the office.

Last week I ate my own bodyweight in KFC and Burger King. Still not feeling quite right.

SD week? I'll travel to 5 different states and attempt knock up 5 different women the week of the game.

Steelers? Let's just say that whoever directv sends out to fix my tv the day of the game better be hot.

Washington? I'm going to start calling other women as much as possible and make it known that I'm shopping around for a future Mrs. Bean. Will offer to spend $1,000 on a bag of chips that the local grocery store advertised as the best bag of chips available.

NY? I'll get one of my friends drunk the night before the game and convince him to shoot himself in the leg. I'll then offer to help him hide the gun until kickoff.

Philly? This one's easy. It's Xmas week, so I'll travel to every mall I can find and relentlessly boo Santa Claus as he's trying to get pics with kids.

Hilarious!

Winner!!

BroncosinDC
09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I wake up (likely still drunk) take a shower, put on my Elway jersey. Take my dog Elway out where he takes a dump on Baltimore (which makes me laugh). Then I find a bar with the Sunday ticket and drink coors light...in excess. And Jameson if it's bad. I am new to Baltimore and am still figurirng out my game plan. I worked last Sunday listened to half the game on the radio via the iPhone and the second half I hid in the office and streamed it.

The Joker
09-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Pretty much take on the persona of this guy

http://flovas.derbishoff.de/Bilder/BatDad3.png

for the entire day up until kickoff.

Only difference is my cape and mask are orange and blue.

Missed the Browns game, spot of trouble with the law and had to be taken in. Apparently old women don't like it when you leap out from behind bushes and scream "Here we go Denver, here we go" at them.

Don't see the issue myself, but that's life.

atomicbloke
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
I have been burning all the games in HD to a Blu-Ray disc using my new Blu-Ray burner.....

started from the 4th pre-season game....

maybe I should continue to do it....

Meck77
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's the reality of it people. Taco went on record saying that McD/Orton are not the answer in Denver.

See his love affair for Griese Era (one playoff appearance)
Hate for Jake Plummer era (multiple playoff appearances, 2005 AFC Champ game)
Declaration that "Jay Cutler gives us the best chance to win right now) WE SUCKED and got blanked in the playoffs.

Obviously superstition is just that but Taco's takes are so wrong that there is a VERY REAL 10 year pattern.

Go Orton!

alkemical
09-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I could tell you but I'd get banned! It involves my Ex GF who is a former ChargerGirl an immitation Bronco Cheerleader outfit and some Blue and Orange whipcream! Oh and Buffalo style Chicken wings and a 2 liter of "Vault"

i bet it burns when you pee

Greatspirits
09-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I didn't drink any beer during the first game, so I've kept that up each week, which kinda sucks! But if they keep winning I can go a few hours without any brew.

baja
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Here's the reality of it people. Taco went on record saying that McD/Orton are not the answer in Denver.

Declaration that "Jay Cutler gives us the best chance to win right now) WE SUCKED and got blanked in the playoffs.

Obviously superstition is just that but Taco's takes are so wrong that there is a VERY REAL 10 year pattern.

Go Orton!

LOL Yet this does not keep him from letting you know in his exasperated, talking to a small child writing style that he is positive you are 100% wrong about.... whatever.

Meck77
09-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I already know how he will respond. It's an Omane ritual!

"I have the right to be critical of this team and don't care what you think."

In other words "I'm wrong as hell, I know it, won't admit it, so stick it" Ha!

Orton>Jay Cutler! :wiggle:

baja
09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
But I love ya anyway TJ ;D

Keep rolling out them predictions now ya hear.....

broncocalijohn
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Go Orton!

was this posted in the correct thread? hey, if ya gotta vent, dont let a topic get in your way. If this could be directed at the owner of the site, you others better watch out. UjU

baja
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I already know how he will respond. It's an Omane ritual!

"I have the right to be critical of this team and don't care what you think."

In other words "I'm wrong as hell, I know it, won't admit it, so stick it" Ha!

<b>Orton>Jay Cutler! :wiggle:

Ya know what I think there is a real possibility that Orton ends up a better QB than Cutler, in fact I'd say there is a better chance that he is better than jay.

Miss I.
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
ritual, shmitual...I just turn on the laptop and stream the video and drink beer until I pass out and sometimes I remember to get dressed in something...

Just kidding....that's my everyday routine.

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 11:25 AM
was this posted in the correct thread? hey, if ya gotta vent, dont let a topic get in your way. If this could be directed at the owner of the site, you others better watch out. UjU

I think Meck is saying it is his ritual to pick easy targets that he thinks will be wrong on a regular basis, then bash them before the game. And that it is a 10 year ritual for TJ to be wrong on a certain subject (although I agreed with TJ on much of this offseason, which puts me on shaky ground). That or it is his (Meck's) ritual to drink heavily on Wednesday mornings and then post in the wrong thread. Hard to say at this point. Wait a few games and all will become clear.

TheDave
09-30-2009, 11:27 AM
And another thread derailed by Meck & Baja's obsession with bashing anything TJ and/or Cutler... Whatever.

As far as the rituals go... I'm pretty old school. not a face painter, not a big jersey guy, and I sure as hell don't own any foam horse heads. On Sundays a group of buddies come over and we hang out and watch the game at my place. Been that way for almost 15 years now, don't see any reason to change it.

ak1971
09-30-2009, 11:27 AM
ritual, shmitual...I just turn on the laptop and stream the video and drink beer until I pass out and sometimes I remember to get dressed in something...

Just kidding....that's my everyday routine.

awesome..just awesome

Meck77
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I think Meck is saying it is his ritual to pick easy targets that he thinks will be wrong on a regular basis, then bash them before the game. And that it is a 10 year ritual for TJ to be wrong on a certain subject (although I agreed with TJ on much of this offseason, which puts me on shaky ground). That or it is his (Meck's) ritual to drink heavily on Wednesday mornings and then post in the wrong thread. Hard to say at this point. Wait a few games and all will become clear.

What's this wrong thread stuff.

Yes it's been my ritual to disagree with the potential of every QB we've had since 2002. My only concern is TJ turns the table and starts to believe in Orton/McD. If that happens as dortoh would say "We're ****ed".

TheDave...Lighten up dude. This entire off season was derailed with BS and terrible takes.

Besides a stance against Taco's predictions if one of optimism for this season. What's wrong with that?

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 11:46 AM
What's this wrong thread stuff.

Yes it's been my ritual to disagree with the potential of every QB we've had since 2002. My only concern is TJ turns the table and starts to believe in Orton/McD. If that happens as dortoh would say "We're ****ed".

TheDave...Lighten up dude. This entire off season was derailed with BS and terrible takes.

Wrong thread as in this is kinda a superstition type thread not a hash up old arguments thread...

It's kinda like watching a fluff piece on the local news about a dog that finds a boy in a well and barks til a neighbor shows up, a feel good piece. Dredging up the old arguments is the neighbor throwing the dog in the well with the boy and then walking away. Bah doesn't matter anyways, I was just making a joke and trying to steer the thread back on course, carry on.

baja
09-30-2009, 11:52 AM
And another thread derailed by Meck & Baja's obsession with bashing anything TJ and/or Cutler... Whatever.

As far as the rituals go... I'm pretty old school. not a face painter, not a big jersey guy, and I sure as hell don't own any foam horse heads. On Sundays a group of buddies come over and we hang out and watch the game at my place. Been that way for almost 15 years now, don't see any reason to change it.

Did you get sprayed by a skunk??? I don't bash TJ, only when he is wrong can I help it if that is most of the time. ;D

Miss I.
09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
okay all my pervy smartass comments about ritual aside. when i was stateside I had 3 options: Game every sunday at a friends with homecooking (this was my favorite), curl up at home drinking beer and munching while checking other game stats or go to Fox and Hound and watch all the big screens, drink, annoy Raider fans and usually wear my orange bronco tshirt with a nice v (all for the sake of boob mojo or possibly to distract guys at the bar so I could steal their beer).

Now quit ruining a perfectly innocent thread with arguments...this is a fluff (not fluffer AK) thread to be whimsical or whatever guys do instead of using girly words like whimsy.

Beantown Bronco
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm looking for a new ritual for KC game weeks. Normally, I'd just run around the neighborhood in a diaper all day......or hunt down my sister and have sex with her, but for reasons that will not be mentioned here, I can no longer partake in such activities.

Miss I.
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm looking for a new ritual for KC game weeks. Normally, I'd just run around the neighborhood in a diaper all day......or hunt down my sister and have sex with her, but for reasons that will not be mentioned here, I can no longer partake in such activities.

Finally, I was hoping that restraining order would work. :kiss:

baja
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Finally, I was hoping that restraining order would work. :kiss:
I think given your earlier disclosure it would be called a "straining order"

oubronco
09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
okay all my pervy smartass comments about ritual aside. when i was stateside I had 3 options: Game every sunday at a friends with homecooking (this was my favorite), curl up at home drinking beer and munching while checking other game stats or go to Fox and Hound and watch all the big screens, drink, annoy Raider fans and usually wear my orange bronco tshirt with a nice v (all for the sake of boob mojo or possibly to distract guys at the bar so I could steal their beer).

Now quit ruining a perfectly innocent thread with arguments...this is a fluff (not fluffer AK) thread to be whimsical or whatever guys do instead of using girly words like whimsy.

where are the pics for the love of god ;D

Miss I.
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
where are the pics for the love of god ;D

Hey, I am easy....not cheap...there's a special membership you have to pay to join to see those. ;D

gunns
09-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't have many rituals any more, the last 10 years cured me of that. When Elway was playing I was so damn superstitious, a hair couldn't be out of place on my Bronco troll.

The things I still do is I don't wear a jersey when the Broncos are playing and I NEVER bet on the Broncos or on any game they are playing in. Maybe that's from the last 10 years also but I'm not taking a chance.

Los Broncos
09-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I wake up and start the music, my football mix is unmatched.

Then I may take care of head, get breakfast, throw on the gear.

Start drinking around 10.

Los Broncos
09-30-2009, 12:45 PM

rofl!

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't have many rituals any more, the last 10 years cured me of that. When Elway was playing I was so damn superstitious, a hair couldn't be out of place on my Bronco troll.

The things I still do is I don't wear a jersey when the Broncos are playing and I NEVER bet on the Broncos or on any game they are playing in. Maybe that's from the last 10 years also but I'm not taking a chance.

HAHA > A few years back my Brother-in-law was living with us( long story), and the tool would always make simple bets on the Broncos with other teams fans. He lost every time since he is pretty ignorant (the type of idiot that boasts all over message boards without any knowledge at all), and so we all lost too. I finally got so pissed, at his bad karma he brought, I told him I would throw his ass out on the street if he ever bet on another Bronco game. He stopped and the 2005 season came along. He moved out after that. I often wonder if he has been making idiotic bets sitting over there in his apartment the last 2-3 years. But since he always lost I hope he finally learned to just hold onto his money, which he doens't have any of. :thumbs:

cabronco
09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
My rituals/ traditions.

Make sure game is recorded, so I can go back over it when we win.

Do not answer any telephone calls period, til games over.

Do not answer door unless its firends over for the game, otherwise lock all doors.

Kind of unspoken rules, girlfriend does not vacuum during games, and I dont bother her during Grey's Anatomy. ( She's not a sports fan at all, but she does check the score now & then to see if Broncos are winning. She likes wearing Bronco gear, which is a step in the right direction.)

For Karma, used to wear Lynch's jersey on game day. Haven't wore it this year, so not going to start now. 8')

azbroncfan
09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Just do my normal day and throw my throwback Atwater jersey on. I don't have any effect on the success of the Denver Broncos franchise so I don't have any specific ritual. If it is on TV I have friends over if it is not I go to the sportsbar.

oubronco
09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey, I am easy....not cheap...there's a special membership you have to pay to join to see those. ;D

Damn where's a fella gotta go to sign up :~ohyah!:

ak1971
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM

always gotta drag this into the gutter..

baja
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
HAHA > A few years back my Brother-in-law was living with us( long story), and the tool would always make simple bets on the Broncos with other teams fans. He lost every time since he is pretty ignorant (the type of idiot that boasts all over message boards without any knowledge at all), and so we all lost too. I finally got so pissed, at his bad karma he brought, I told him I would throw his ass out on the street if he ever bet on another Bronco game. He stopped and the 2005 season came along. He moved out after that. I often wonder if he has been making idiotic bets sitting over there in his apartment the last 2-3 years. But since he always lost I hope he finally learned to just hold onto his money, which he doens't have any of. :thumbs:

I never forgave you for kicking me out you know...

baja
09-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a bad one going I don't take a dump until the game is over...

Don't know what the hell I'm going to do during the bye week.

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I never forgave you for kicking me out you know...

Ha! Not knowing what happened has been so cruel....

good to see you landed somewhere with the wrong TV subscription...(why on earth would you choose SF stations for remote nets?

baja
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Ha! Not knowing what happened has been so cruel....

good to see you landed somewhere with the wrong TV subscription...(why on earth would you choose SF stations for remote nets?

Alright then I forgive you can you loan he a hun.

Remote stations are the same for everyone NY & SF

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Alright then I forgive you can you loan he a hun.

Remote stations are the same for everyone NY & SF

That sucks....thank god for the BUD....I get to watch the Broncos EVERY game cause I watch the Denver Nets.

I have spares if you have a half acre yard or good neighbors (or blind ones).

I'll loan you the Hundred...but only if you don't use it for that gambling habit of yours!

baja
09-30-2009, 02:54 PM
That sucks....thank god for the BUD....I get to watch the Broncos EVERY game cause I watch the Denver Nets.

I have spares if you have a half acre yard or good neighbors (or blind ones).

I'll loan you the Hundred...but only if you don't use it for that gambling habit of yours!

I have 70 acres but I don't follow you.

What's the over/under on that.

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I have 70 acres but I don't follow you.

What's the over/under on that.

Bud stands for Big Ugly Dish. The 8-10 foot diameter variety.

It is the only way you can subscribe to the Denver stations when you are out of that market area, unless you go for Sunday ticket which is just for
NFL games. I get the Denver channels 24-7. Costs about 150 for the year and I get 8 Denver channels.

The receiver required is a 4DTV BUD receiver. I have a spare one (currently unused ) that is good. Many of the older ones on the market are no good as once the internal battery dies the receiver becomes unuseable for subscriptions (technical reason).

Anyway the real limitation for 4DTV is that there are few HI Def feeds.. It is a dying format because Motorola doesn't want to support them anymore, but still are for now.., but the picture quality , altough 4-3 , is still very good. much better than the average non hi def pizza dish(small dish) picture.

One of the big advantages is being able to watch prime time shows in the Mountain time zone which is 6-9 PDT.. That way you don't need a DVR as much....just flip over and watch real time when two shows are on at the same time (normally). Also , movie channels are typically cheaper than a pizza dish, and you can subscribe to channnels ala carte instead of having to buy a package .

Link for info. http://www.programming-center.net/

baja
09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Bud stands for Big Ugly Dish. The 8-10 foot diameter variety.

It is the only way you can subscribe to the Denver stations when you are out of that market area, unless you go for Sunday ticket which is just for
NFL games. I get the Denver channels 24-7. Costs about 150 for the year and I get 8 Denver channels.

The receiver required is a 4DTV BUD receiver. I have a spare one (currently unused ) that is good. Many of the older ones on the market are no good as once the internal battery dies the receiver becomes unuseable for subscriptions (technical reason).

Anyway the real limitation for 4DTV is that there are few HI Def feeds.. It is a dying format because Motorola doesn't want to support them anymore, but still are for now.., but the picture quality , altough 4-3 , is still very good. much better than the average non hi def pizza dish(small dish) picture.

One of the big advantages is being able to watch prime time shows in the Mountain time zone which is 6-9 PDT.. That way you don't need a DVR as much....just flip over and watch real time when two shows are on at the same time (normally). Also , movie channels are typically cheaper than a pizza dish, and you can subscribe to channnels ala carte instead of having to buy a package .

Link for info. http://www.programming-center.net/

wow would you believe I paid a guy to hall off my 10 foot dish and tossed the receiver too. I knew at the time it was a mistake....

baja
09-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info I will keep my eyes out for a used dish they should be around but most are in the land fill I suspect.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
My ritual USED TO BE very cool .........

For 9-10 years until 2008, I would:

The night before: Make sure everybody knew to be somewhere else or to sthu 9-5
Warn the neighbors that regardless of any blood-curdling screams they might hear from my house the next afternoon, they should NOT call 911.
Roll the old 27" tube TV from the back room into the living room (had to buy a 30-foot coax cable to stretch the DirecTV wire that far)
Morning of: Get my Starbucks and Entenmanns cream cheese coffee cake set up in the living room about 8:30 am
Sit down and program one tier of "Favorite Channels" to ONLY the early games, whether on Sunday Ticket or local channels.
9-10 am: Watch pregame shows, bouncing back and forth - the 27" between Fox and ESPN, the 47" between CBS and NFLN
10 am: Set the 27" to my favorite morning game (Jon Gruden if the gf's home :oyvey:), mute it and leave it.
10 am to 1 pm: quietly push 'Channel UP' at my leisure, again and again on the 47", and because it was programmed for only the early games, every channel was a live game! (Oh the memories are soooo painful)
12:20: Move the Widmer Hefeweisen, Newcastle, Sam Adams, whatever, into the freezer for maximum chill
12:40: As a prophylactic, chew 4-5 fruit-flavored Tums
12:50: Break out un cerveza o dos.
12:55: Change the 27" to the Seahawks game, and the 47" to us
1:00 - 4:00: Alternatively scream in pain and/or cheer in ecstasy
One week later: gnash, whine and repeat

I miss Sunday Ticket ... :vermeil:

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
wow would you believe I paid a guy to hall off my 10 foot dish and tossed the receiver too. I knew at the time it was a mistake....

Oh man...BIG mistake! I have three of em now (another long story) one of which is in use...the other two torn down and stored. Got a 7.5 foot, 10 foot in storage and a 8.5 foot set up and in use. I will give them away to anyone that will come get them if they promise to put them up, but I want a $100 for the receiver (less than what I paid for it recently) And as far as the Denver nets....I have Waivers from the broadcast nets here in Portland and I can subscribe the receiver before shipping it, but that means I have to do the re-subscription every year. No phone connection or anything
If you are out in the boonies its probable you can subscribe it yourself.

Check out neighbors around you to see if there are any dishes that look reasonably good (All mesh panels existing, not bent), and if you don't see
it move over a few days....ask them if you can haul it away for them. Or check CL for one ...Look for a Motorola 920 or 922 receiver, but don't buy it unless you can see it working on aa subscription channel before taking it or turning the money over.

Most wives hate em and think they are eyesores....but thats cause they don't care about football, or Bronco football in particular.

baja
09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh man...BIG mistake! I have three of em now (another long story) one of which is in use...the other two torn down and stored. Got a 7.5 foot, 10 foot in storage and a 8.5 foot set up and in use. I will give them away to anyone that will come get them if they promise to put them up, but I want a $100 for the receiver (less than what I paid for it recently) And as far as the Denver nets....I have Waivers from the broadcast nets here in Portland and I can subscribe the receiver before shipping it, but that means I have to do the re-subscription every year. No phone connection or anything
If you are out in the boonies its probable you can subscribe it yourself.

Check out neighbors around you to see if there are any dishes that look reasonably good (All mesh panels existing, not bent), and if you don't see
it move over a few days....ask them if you can haul it away for them. Or check CL for one ...Look for a Motorola 920 or 922 receiver, but don't buy it unless you can see it working on aa subscription channel before taking it or turning the money over.

Most wives hate em and think they are eyesores....but thats cause they don't care about football, or Bronco football in particular.

Thanks I'm going to look into this.

maher_tyler
09-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Shake off the hangover from the night before, don my Champ jersey.

This!! Or my Broncos hoodie with my fresh new Broncos sideline hat!

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
My rituals are getting pretty serious now:

Week prior to the game - check in with Bar owner (NFL Ticket), as a Denver fan in Pittsburgh, it helps to ensure he knows I NEED one of his 8 TV's on MY game. This week I have a jukebox request "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" for the 2-3 cowboy fans at half time! 8')

Walk the mile down Carson St on Sunday, wearing either my orange #77 or white Atwater #27! Lot of Pittsburgh people like the old school jersey!

ALWAYS sit at the bar!

If the game is tight just before half time, I order the NUCLEAR hot wings! 3W - 0L, so far - had them during the Cinci game and last years #1 San Diego game!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-01-2009, 01:17 AM
wow al bundy is a bronco fan who knew it .maybe hes happy we traded cutler to chicago thus hes showing his gratitude by being a bronco fan

bamanjam
10-01-2009, 07:24 AM
To speak of the ritual, makes said ritual obsolete. They only carry their mojo when nobody else know about them...

Dendave
10-01-2009, 07:45 AM
One of the big advantages is being able to watch prime time shows in the Mountain time zone which is 6-9 PDT.. That way you don't need a DVR as much....just flip over and watch real time when two shows are on at the same time (normally). http://www.programming-center.net/

How is that an atvantage? I don't watch anything "live" I hate commercials, I don't even watch the Broncos live. I DVR EVERYTHING, I am busy as it is, why waste time with commercials,

My game day ritual, make sure game is taping, go do something for an hour and come back and watch the game commercial free.

bamanjam
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Beantown Bronco;2576417]Varies by team.

"Philly? This one's easy. It's Xmas week, so I'll travel to every mall I can find and relentlessly boo Santa Claus as he's trying to get pics with kids."

Also for the Philly one, don't forget to go the airport with a water bottle filled with marijuana. Discover that cops must of been tipped off by your trusty Pitbull, so you throw him in a ring of other blood thirsty pitbulls to fend for himself. Don't forget to call yourself Mr Mexico one week prior, too...

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Alright......which of you guys did something new this weekend?

BroncoDoug
11-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Me, I had to wake up early to watch a Broncos game...

Ramathorn
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85779&highlight=ritual

next time research a thread b4 u start one, ok!

Meck77
11-01-2009, 03:33 PM

SoCal came back. ;)

Marshall Dumervil
11-01-2009, 06:10 PM
:welcome:http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85779&highlight=ritual

next time research a thread b4 u start one, ok!

:spit:

I guess you don't know this thread was posted before yours.

Ha!

Blart
11-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I forgot to wear my Broncos shirt :(

uplink
11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Damn the chick I slept with last night had less than D size. Couldn't tell since it was padded at the club and I was too nice to go out and find another girl. Sorry f*** it up for us all.

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
:welcome:

:spit:

I guess you don't know this thread was posted before yours.

Ha!

Odd considering if you look at just page one of his link, I pointed that out to him after he started it, and he acknowledged it at the time. And yet he goes back and links to it again forgetting that he already went through this exercise. Short term memory issues I guess.

Ramathorn
11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Odd considering if you look at just page one of his link, I pointed that out to him after he started it, and he acknowledged it at the time. And yet he goes back and links to it again forgetting that he already went through this exercise. Short term memory issues I guess.

its a little something I like to call sarcasm. look it up my enemy!

Beantown Bronco
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
its a little something I like to call sarcasm. look it up my enemy!

EXREMELY poor execution, if in fact that's what it was.

Bronx33
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
This week will be goat skin chaps, pigs blood and about 30 candles and a chicken.