PDA

View Full Version : Schefter on ESPN LIVE SC- Marion Barber and Felix OUT

SoDak Bronco
09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
No link, but I just heard the news that not only Felix Jones, but he is also saying they will hold Barber out as well. Looks like we will have to stop Tashard Choice who has been effective as a backup.

Also I did some research on McDaniels recent games w/Cowboys, here is what I found.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80345330/Patriots-48-Cowboys-27

Beantown Bronco
09-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Can't say that this would make me sad.

SoDak Bronco
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Obviously we aren't the 07 Patriots, but I am sure he will see what worked in that game in the hopes to exploit the Dallas scheme. Lot of similar players on offense for the Cowboys as well. One thing I am waiting to see more of is Knowshon and other RB's used like Kevin Faulk on third downs. We can exploit this aggressive team w/dumpoffs to the RBs.

jhns
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
This is good for us. Those two are a very good 1-2 punch when healthy.

tsiguy96
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
not completely out of the woods, tashard choice is VERY good as well, and their dirty oline will create holes. brian dawkins should blow a bitch or two up however

DeuceOfClub
09-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Two hurt RBs? Wow!
Wake me up when they got 5-6 RBs on IR.

cmhargrove
09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Does it seem crazy to anyone else that they would make a decision on Barber by Wednesday?

Maybe i'm crazy, but I expect to see Barber there on Sunday. If they were going to bring someone up from the practice squad, they would have to do it quick, then they would need to drop someone from their roster - a pretty dangerous move at this point in the season.

I expect that Choice will get the start, and Barber will play with fewer carries (maybe more in passing situations).

Just my opinion.

baja
09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I rather play them at full strength but this will keep us under the radar for a while longer if we beat them without their two best backs.

no-pseudo-fan
09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I have told people looking at the schedule during the off-season, you can not judge a game before the season or even before the week itself. Injuries cause teams to look different, and just because a team was good the year before doesn't make them good this year.

Smiling Assassin27
09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
This would be the best scenario. Of course, a situation like this would usually mean that Choice morphs into Adrian Peterson and shatters the single game yardage record. But NOT with this defense. We choke off the run game early, and beat up Jessica Romo the rest of the way. Not seeing Barber and Jones is just another break for us in a season filled with them, thus far. I'll take it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Gee, that's too bad.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I heard Barber was ready to go Monday Night, but held out to make sure he was healthy for this week.

I'm fully expecting Barber.

jhns
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I heard Barber was ready to go Monday Night, but held out to make sure he was healthy for this week.

I heard this as well. It sounds more like Barber thinks he is ready to go though. The coaches may still not think so. I was suprised to hear he was out, so we will see if this news is real.

oubronco
09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I rather play them at full strength but this will keep us under the radar for a while longer if we beat them without their two best backs.

Yep that way when we thump them they wouldn't have no excuses

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Barber is taking his injury too lightly. If he was a horse, they would have put up the tent and blown his brains out. A quad is nothing to mess with. If he tweaks it again, he's pretty much done for the season but he's on this crusade to prove to Jerry that he's not soft so will try to push it as much as possible.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I expect to see him out there too

ScottXray
09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
i expect to see him out there too

+1

Dukes
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Aww shucks

gyldenlove
09-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I am fully expecting Moreno and Buckhalter to show the Cowboys how a real rushing attack looks. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get at least 150 yards on the ground. This mix of gap assignment and zone blocking has really hit its stride, I love how we can use our offensive linemen to pull and open gaps wide open, they all have the technique and mobility for it.

s0phr0syne
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
They should sign Ron Dayne to fix their RB problems...worked for us last time against them :P

Old Dude
09-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Usually, when a team has that kind of success running the ball, it's due in large part to the offensive line. We all know this. Dallas has a huge and excellent O-line, and Denver will have its hands full no matter who is carrying the ball.

This will be a major test for the revamped defense. We'll all know a lot more by Sunday night.

SoDak Bronco
09-30-2009, 10:04 AM
True but when your 2 main horses are out, there is a bit of a drop off...felix jones is electric. that guy makes you think he can break every carry for a long TD.

Crushisback
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM

It is a groin injury correct? Those can be pretty tricky. Remember Bailey a couple years ago? Every week it was he should be able to go, then he'd get scratched, that went on for like a month and a half. They have KC after us then thier bye week. So keep that in mind as well.

That's Bull**** Dallas get two bye weeks in a row!

dbfan21
09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I enjoy beating an opponent at full strength as much as the next guy and I do not revel in another player's injury, but since it's not season-ending for Jones (and possibly Barber) and they play in Denver this week, I cannot deny that I am smiling...just a little.

Quoydogs
09-30-2009, 10:14 AM
True but when your 2 main horses are out, there is a bit of a drop off...felix jones is electric. that guy makes you think he can break every carry for a long TD.

Just because choice is in there does not mean they are going to be soft at there running game. He looked really good last week, probably the only thing on there team that did.

We can run on them if Carolina did. I think our running game is better then theirs is. Carolina was able to run on them and they had no passsing game. Delhome ( sp ) looked like crap.

Hotrod
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Choice is a back that take it to the house on any play also. Lets hope the defense does not loose focus.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Choice is a back that take it to the house on any play also. Lets hope the defense does not loose focus.

Choice is good, but he's not explosive like Felix is....steady, good back. They are gonna try to run it no matter who they have back there...we just need to keep what we're doing with good disciplined D and it wont matter

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Choice is Sproles without the Speed...or the Hype. a 10 carry back that can't run hard up inside for very long Look for Choice to give the ball to BDawk atleast once!

I would take Vargus, Bush and McFadden over The Cowgirls three Rbs and we see how that turned out against us. I think we may see Barber though..watch the Active Roster just before game time.... Or is he already listed as OUT? Hmmm already on Wdnesday...they must be scared to get him REALLY HURT in mile high.

bfoflcommish
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
HMMM I like schefter but i have a twitter post that says

top_fantasy (http://twitter.com/top_fantasy): ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cowboys "feel really good" about Marion Barber's (quadriceps) status for Week 4.

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
If true - http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1305/apkillpaul5qz.gif

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
:militia:Ah HAH!!! Thought So!

BlaK-Argentina
09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I hope Barber plays. I want this team to be tested in all aspects... beating a healthy Cowboys team would be sweet. I mean, I'm not impressed with them but they always get all the hype so I hope we crush them.

Dagmar
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Report: Felix Jones out for 1-2 weeks (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/report-felix-jones-out-for-1-2-weeks/)

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2009 11:58 AM ET
Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com (who somehow broke free from his contract with AOL FanHouse after less than a year on the job) reports that Cowboys running back Felix Jones will not play on Sunday (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4516897) due to a knee injury.

Jones has a sprained PCL in his left knee.

The Cowboys travel to Denver for a game against the 3-0 Broncos.

Per Watkins, Jones will be evaluated for a possible return on October 11, when the Cowboys head to Kansas City. But Watkins says that Jones has a more realistic shot of returning to the field after the October 18 bye, for an October 25 visit from the Falcons.

With Jones out, Tashard Choice will be the starter against the Broncos -- unless Marion Barber is able to return from a quad injury. Barber reportedly wanted to play on Monday night against the Panthers, but the Cowboys opted to rest him, given the presence of Jones and Choice.

The Cowboys have been getting full use out of their running game this year. With injuries piling up, however, the Cowboys might have to spend more time throwing and less time running.???

Quoydogs
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
If true - http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1305/apkillpaul5qz.gif

Love that show. ;D Phil Collins really came into his own when he started with Genesis.

DeuceOfClub
09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Adam Schefter talks about the injuries to the Cowboys' backfield

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4519132"/></object>

bjeffrey
09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
heard a Dallas sports radio guy on Vic and Gary this AM. He said that the C'Boys are wary of Barber's ability to heal, that they took a chance with him last year and lost him for December, that (though Barber insists he's ready) he'll be held out this week.

broncofan2438
09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I expect Barber to be back and playing in Denver. Well see though. Instead of worrying about who is not out there, hopefully the team is worrying about who is out there

*WARHORSE*
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I saw when Barber went down.........................I highly doubt he will be playing.

Two weeks on a good quad strain isnt going to be enough time. He would probably reinjure the thing. I doubt they take that chance.