PDA

View Full Version : Official Motion to Kiss and Make up?

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Everyone can agree, we're 3-0, we're Broncos fans, our D is #1 and we're loving life.

Lets toss all the hate out the window for letting Cutler go, etc etc.

What say you?

Rabb
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
here here

baja
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
That's already happening couple more weeks and we'll all be about Bronco football

I promise I won't start any more errr very many more Cutler threads...... 2 max!

Chris
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
It's like the mane was Mordor and Mcdaniels is Frodo and he has restored piece and prosperity to the land.

Lex is still Gollum though.

BMarsh615
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM
This place would be much better if it wasn't divided. Everyone should put the offseason behind them and just cheer for the 3-0 Denver Broncos!

ScottXray
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree. Tried to say something similar in another thread but it just kept
degenerating into a name callin thread. Hope it doesn't happen here. It is TIME to get behind the team and talk just about what is happening....forget the off-season crap.

ward63
09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
We burnt that bridge week one. (see Bengals forum in the tailgate)

BlaK-Argentina
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
No way! ;D

leon
09-29-2009, 03:42 PM
i don't care about CUTLER!!!! I care about the fact that we finally have a coach that is teaching our guys how to play the game!!! And this is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG!!!!!

lookin' glass
09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
As long as they admit they're wrong.

Ambiguous
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm all for it, this place went to hell in the offseason.

I've pretty much been on the fence about the whole situation all offseason, I said I'd wait until we win or lose games to really form an opinion. If we go on a ten game losing streak I reserve the right to bitch about anything.

baja
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
i don't care about CUTLER!!!! I care about the fact that we finally have a coach that is teaching our guys how to play the game!!! <b>And this is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG!!!!!

You are soooo right about that. I will be shocked if we don't make the playoffs. My instincts are all indicating the Broncos under Josh McDaniels and coaches will in fact go to the playoffs and than who knows.

cmhargrove
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm still pissed about Plummer - go to hell!

just kidding...:peace:

Rabb
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
As long as they admit they're wrong.

hahahaha

oubronco
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
:militia::militia: LETS ROCK :militia::militia:

Hotrod
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Can someone please tell me which side of the arguement I'm on???

Ambiguous
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm still pissed about Plummer - go to hell!

just kidding...:peace:

Well knowing how that little endeavor panned out... Actually I'm more pissed about it now then I ever was before.

colonelbeef
09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
i don't care about CUTLER!!!! I care about the fact that we finally have a coach that is teaching our guys how to play the game!!! And this is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG!!!!!

If only Shanahan knew how to coach...

maher_tyler
09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
:militia::militia: LETS ROCK :militia::militia:

:bronxrox::bronxrox::bronxrox:

listopencil
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
**** that.

You're all on ignore now.

b****es.

broncosteven
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I agree. Tried to say something similar in another thread but it just kept
degenerating into a name callin thread. Hope it doesn't happen here. It is TIME to get behind the team and talk just about what is happening....forget the off-season crap.

I stopped any allusions to 1930's Russian Purges when the PS started. I haven't said a bad word about the FO or organization since RS started.

I said good things about Orton being perfect for this team this year in transisition the day of the trade, one of the few.

Yet I am branded as a hater, all I can say is hate breeds hate.

The Joker
09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
What this forum needs is a big old game of grabass.

Blueflame
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
What this forum needs is a big old game of grabass.

Yikes!

Anyway, my take is that this is a nice thought but unlikely to realistically have the slightest scintilla of a chance for success at this point in time. There are too many emotions running too high on both sides of the debate for that to actually happen anytime soon.

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I stopped any allusions to 1930's Russian Purges when the PS started. I haven't said a bad word about the FO or organization since RS started.

I said good things about Orton being perfect for this team this year in transisition the day of the trade, one of the few.

I thought I dubbed you as a homer.

btw - I'm all for moving on to the next chapter. We are where we are, we got what we got and that is a good D and a decent O.

None of us are claiming that we are pure suck anymore and none of us are claiming that KO is the QB we've been longing for since Elway... but we are all starting to agree that the ingredients in this Mile High Casserol might just be about right.

Also when did Homer become an insulting term?

baja
09-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Yikes!

Anyway, my take is that this is a nice thought but unlikely to realistically have the slightest scintilla of a chance for success at this point in time. There are too many emotions running too high on both sides of the debate for that to actually happen anytime soon.

And it's all your fault Blue!!! :sunshine:

bronco610
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM

The same side I'm on :~ohyah!:

bronco610
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Yikes!

Actually Blue I think yours was the first neg post I have read. No offense but maybe it is time to move forward. :twokisses

ScottXray
09-29-2009, 04:34 PM

I understand that.....truly I do. And while I haven't called anyone out personally, there are some who think that it justifies attacks, such as you say. I won't name any names....because EVERYONE has been wrong about something at some time.

It would really help if people would just take a step back and take all the personal references out of their posts, and think a little bit about what they mean to say, before pushing enter. And if someone jumps in with a crack or spiel, however it makes you feel, try not to retaliate in kind. That really gets these flame wars going.

But I guess this is the internetz and I guess its too much to ask.

I'm not a Christian but this crap won't stop until a little turning of the other cheek is done.

Unfortunately, some of the best posters on this board are gone because of this shyt. I'd really like to see things settle down some.

baja
09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I thought I dubbed you as a homer.

btw - I'm all for moving on to the next chapter. We are where we are, we got what we got and that is a good D and a decent O.

None of us are claiming that we are pure suck anymore <b> and none of us are claiming that KO is the QB we've been longing for since Elway... </b>but we are all starting to agree that the ingredients in this Mile High Casserol might just be about right.

Also when did Homer become an insulting term?

Not yet but I certainly would not rule that out with the improvement we have seen over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

Beantown Bronco
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Warning.......I plan on using tongue.

bronco610
09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
warning.......i plan on using tongue.

eeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

TheDave
09-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Things have calmed down a lot... There is only a handful of tards left who are still trying to keep the fight alive.

Blueflame
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Actually Blue I think yours was the first neg post I have read. No offense but maybe it is time to move forward. :twokisses

It wasn't intended to be viewed as "negative"... more of a dispassionate observation based on recent flamefests that have erupted.

HEAV
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
After the first loss the McDaniels haters will be back...

Some people were flat at root'n for this team to lose. I'm happy the team is 3-0 and showing weekly improvement on defense and the offense. The tests are ahead of this team and I'm excited to see where this team stands with the "Big Boys" in the NFL.

McDaniels wasn't my pick as coach. But once he brought in Nolan and I had a chance to study the Pats offense, well I felt he was going to be successful. The Cutler issue was just what it was a spoiled kid not wanting to play under new rules.

But getting back on topic... come a loss or two the Shanny/Cutler/McDaniels Hater kliq will return.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
After the first loss the McDaniels haters will be back...

Some people were flat at root'n for this team to lose. I'm happy the team is 3-0 and showing weekly improvement on defense and the offense. The tests are ahead of this team and I'm excited to see where this team stands with the "Big Boys" in the NFL.

McDaniels wasn't my pick as coach. But once he brought in Nolan and I had a chance to study the Pats offense, well I felt he was going to be successful. The Cutler issue was just what it was a spoiled kid not wanting to play under new rules.

But getting back on topic... come a loss or two the Shanny/Cutler/McDaniels Hater kliq will return.

yep. except mcdaniels was my choice of coach, im glad hes here and surrounded himself with great assistant coaches to make his job easier, and moderately priced but great attitude FAs who have revitalized this roster top to bottom.

hes gonna be a great coach, the other new head coaches dont look so hot aside from rex ryan.

ZONA
09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
The mane is not Romper Room with a bunch of 5 year olds who need to stand in a corner and then promise to get along.

We all call it how we see it, nothing wrong with that. I was sorta all for this make up stuff awhile ago but it's kinda retarded actually when you think about it for a few. We might get into some spiffs here and there but I don't think anybody here has pure hatred for another person (okay, maybe a few).

I don't want the mane to become some place where we all hold hands and blow kisses. F that. Bring your best stuff and lets roll. :wiggle:

It's all good.

lostknight
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Here here, can we make a motion that mentioning Cutler, or McDaniel's handling of that a bannable offense?

Rock Chalk
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I will never allow this forum to get along.

Los Broncos
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
It's a long season and anything can happen, one game at a time, but I think we hold together this season.

Feels good to be 3-0, we win two out of the next three and we'll be OK.

Spider
09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey ............. I aint kissing anyone ............. Unless there is a movie and dinner involved ......

ZONA
09-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey ............. I aint kissing anyone ............. Unless there is a movie and dinner involved ......

The only kind of kissing I want to see around here is this kind

http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2009/01/womenkissing.jpg

bronco610
09-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Okay you win ;D

Spider
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM

Oh Bull I am a much better kisser then the one on the left :D

SoDak Bronco
09-29-2009, 06:54 PM
boob thread or i'm still pissed

DHallblows
09-29-2009, 07:00 PM

And girls kissing doesn't cut it!

gunns
09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I think it could happen. It isn't the Cutler threads, it's the "I knew and you didn't" threads. No one knew anything. That aside I am thoroughly enjoying this season so far and if things do go down hill from here, I'm still a Bronco fan and THAT'S great!

brncs_fan
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM

I second that.

Los Broncos
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84870

Meck77
09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
*original black hairy tongue pic edited* Ha!

I got the feeling from some of you that it was in bad taste. ;D

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1880/goattongue.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/goattongue.jpg/)

gunns
09-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh that is friggin nasty!

Edit: got rid of it. That WAS bad.

Los Broncos
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Want some cheese with that burger.

Meck77
09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
ahaa haaahaa

Come on Gunns......Beantown is ready to smooch ya!

Punisher
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
If i would get ****ed up the ass everytime a Cutler thread pop up in the mane my ass would be the grand canyon.

Quoydogs
09-29-2009, 07:51 PM
If i would get ****ed up the ass everytime a Cutler thread pop up in the mane my ass would be the grand canyon.

This is wrong in so many ways!! Yikes!

Garcia Bronco
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
This is a fresh start for the Franchise. Enjoy it.

Garcia Bronco
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Can't look at this page ever again.

SouthStndJunkie
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Please don't ever post that tongue picture again.

broncogary
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM

You're on the bottom, as usual. LOL

Chris
09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
What the hell! I want to see the black hairy tongue! Pm me.

baja
09-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Oh Bull I am a much better kisser then the one on the left :D

I couldn't help but notice the one in the middle.

broncocalijohn
09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Everyone can agree, we're 3-0, we're Broncos fans, our D is #1 and we're loving life.

Lets toss all the hate out the window for letting Cutler go, etc etc.

What say you?

boring site then. Bash away losers and wannabees. Hypocrites and back trackers come one, come all. Homers and haters, battle for supremacy.

kamakazi_kal
09-30-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm very happy to see defense back in denver......... I still can't stand Orton though ...... I still say dude is an average QB, nothing special but hey like I said right after week 4 of the preseason I'll stop bitching when the real games start playing.

Destroying some crappy teams to get our feet wet for a tough stretch seems to be working out well so far.

Doom is pure destruction on two legs and I love it.

Beantown Bronco
09-30-2009, 03:58 AM

I couldn't help but notice the one in the middle.

One? I see two. :~ohyah!:

The Joker
09-30-2009, 04:45 AM
We'll have a bad run at some point, and those that were negative pre-season will have their day in the sun.

After that, I expect things should settle down and some semblence of a happy medium will be reached on the Mane as the Broncos settle into being a good, but not great, team this season.

Or else we shock everyone and run deep into the playoffs, in which case the negative people will get some ribbing for a while but all in all people will be too happy about the team to be overly spiteful.

There'll always be people bitching and there'll always be people who are far too optimistic, but the sheer polarity of the board this offseason was ridiculous.

Hopefully it'll be behind us soon, the Mane is a lot better when we can have some reasonable football debate without a "hater" vs "homer" battle derailing every single thread.

dbfan21
09-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Great thread/idea. I'm in!!

Go Broncos!!

TailgateNut
09-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Yikes!

You remember our short discussion that the "Kumbaya syndrome" had "left the building".
I don't think it's coming back for a while. JMO

jhns
09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
The kissing sounds fun but the making up won't work. At least not until everyone realizes I am right %100 of the time. This seems to be where we have problems.

spdirty
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Once we find a quarterback capable of guiding this team to the promised land, fine. Till then, not gonna happen. Especially when Cutler continues to play well.

Orton's potential allows him to be as good as '05 Jake, which can only get us so far. Can never fairly ask this guy to put the team on his shoulders and ask them to win a game for us.

But the whole Broncos Country is in a better place right now since we are 3-0. Lets see where they are in 6 weeks. Hopefully right there in the playoff hunt.

Meck77
09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Once we find a quarterback capable of guiding this team to the promised land, fine. Till then, not gonna happen. Especially when Cutler continues to play well.

Orton's potential allows him to be as good as '05 Jake, which can only get us so far. Can never fairly ask this guy to put the team on his shoulders and ask them to win a game for us.

But the whole Broncos Country is in a better place right now since we are 3-0. Lets see where they are in 6 weeks. Hopefully right there in the playoff hunt.

I think that answers your question Doggcow. What the heck is a doggcow anyway?

doh! SP with the positive edit at the end.......nice

garandman
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Winning cures all doesn't it. I wanted to skewer Mcd in the offseason (so did a lot of people) but I have to admit I was wrong, he has impressed the hell out of me in the coachin dept. The team is ready to play every week which can not be said in most recent years.

Let roll boys (and girls)!

SureShot
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM

The wrong side. Now apologize.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Look,

Here's the deal.

Many of you haters didn't want to give the new coach a fair shake. You didn't want to wait to see how it played on the field. You didn't want to lose Cutler so you blamed McD and/or Bowlen. You had made your minds up McD sucked and had set the team back 10 years. Well, we may not be world beaters this year, and it is unlikely that we win the superbowl, but its pretty ****ing clear that the team has not been set back, if anything it has moved forward.

And you want people to forget how stupid you haters were? You want us to just forgive you assholes for bashing the team that you claim to love? **** you. **** all of you.

I don't care how popular you are, or how long you have been here or how much of a fan you claim to be. When you bash the team without at LEAST waiting to see what the product on the field is, you are a pathetic fan.

That's right, I called you a pathetic fan. If you feel this is directed at you, guess what, it is. The very least you could have done, as a fan, is wait and see like most normal, rational folk.

And for all you lovers out there, just shut the **** up. Seriously. Just because you "seem" to be right for now does not make you any more of a fan. IN fact, by throwing it back in the haters' faces that makes you just as pathetic as them. Sad, sorry pieces of **** throw people's words back at them.

Bumping a thread is within the rules though, but creating new threads is not.

Broncomutt
09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Meck77: Hey Popps, what is that?

Popps: I'm not sure, it appears to be a thread. It appears to be a thread built out of wood....in the form of a giant hoodie!!

Meck77: That's odd.

tsiguy96: Who do you think left it there?

Meck77: Maybe it was the God Bowlen, come to show our army his favor! Oh, praise be the gutless one!!

tsiguy96: No, he only shows up when there's a kegger. Had to be somebody else.

Popps: Not sure, but Lex, Blueflame and Watermock aren't attacking the gates anymore. It must have been them, I suppose.

tsiguy96: No way man, those guys are hopeless. They'd never just leave. They're too stubborn for that.

Meck77: And I doubt they would leave us such a wonderful offering to the God McDaniels.

Popps: I hear you, but I don't see them anywhere. What else could it be?

tsiguy96: What do you think we should do?

Meck77: Maybe we should bring it inside before they come back and take it with them!

tsiguy96: We could pull it apart and play Jenga with the pieces!

Popps: I don't know....

tsiguy96: Hey look, Broncomutt just ran outside the gates!

Popps: What is that damn fool doing?!? Does he want to get himself killed?

Meck77: I think he's going to investigate. Maybe he'll let us know what he finds out!

tsiguy96: It's too dark outside, how will he be able to see anything?

Popps: He's carrying a torch. He can see just fine.

Meck77: What's in his other hand?

Popps: That's odd, why would he run out there with a can of gasoline?

jhns
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Look,

Here's the deal.

Many of you haters didn't want to give the new coach a fair shake. You didn't want to wait to see how it played on the field. You didn't want to lose Cutler so you blamed McD and/or Bowlen. You had made your minds up McD sucked and had set the team back 10 years. Well, we may not be world beaters this year, and it is unlikely that we win the superbowl, but its pretty ****ing clear that the team has not been set back, if anything it has moved forward.

And you want people to forget how stupid you haters were? You want us to just forgive you a-holes for bashing the team that you claim to love? **** you. **** all of you.

I don't care how popular you are, or how long you have been here or how much of a fan you claim to be. When you bash the team without at LEAST waiting to see what the product on the field is, you are a pathetic fan.

That's right, I called you a pathetic fan. If you feel this is directed at you, guess what, it is. The very least you could have done, as a fan, is wait and see like most normal, rational folk.

And for all you lovers out there, just shut the **** up. Seriously. Just because you "seem" to be right for now does not make you any more of a fan. IN fact, by throwing it back in the haters' faces that makes you just as pathetic as them. Sad, sorry pieces of **** throw people's words back at them.

Bumping a thread is within the rules though, but creating new threads is not.

You just called yourself a piece of ****. That is odd.

Anyways, I have been labeled a hater and nothing I have said is wrong yet. Can you prove getting rid of cutler wasn't a mistake yet? This isn't a move that only affects 3 games of a single season. This is a move that messes with the next 12 years of Bronco football. You don't think it will be brought up if we have crappy QB play in a few years and Cutler is working on his 4th prop bowl?

Shoot, you can't even prove this team is better without him. Nothing from that trade is responsible for the defensive turnaround. The team as a whole does look better than I expected. One problem still remains, no QB. Maybe you trust that Orton can perform when the team needs him to do something but I haven't seen it yet. So far, it looks like we would be real contenders this year with a good QB.

I hope orton can prove me wrong. It isn't like this is his first year in the league. I saw orton play his 4th year, last year. If Orton proves me wrong or Cutler never developes further, I will have a ton of crow to eat. Untill then, the crying about people being right is unwaranted and kind of funny.

Rock Chalk
09-30-2009, 11:03 AM

Popps: I'm not sure, it appears to be a thread. It appears to be a thread built out of wood....in the form of a giant hoodie!!

Meck77: Maybe it was the God Bowlen, come to show our army his favor! Oh, praise be the gutless one!!

Popps: Not sure, but Lex, Blueflame and Watermock aren't attacking the gates anymore. It must have been them, I suppose.

tsiguy96: No way man, those guys are hopeless. They'd never just leave. They're too stubborn for that.

Meck77: And I doubt they would leave us such a wonderful offering to the God McDaniels.

Meck77: Maybe we should bring it inside before they come back and take it with them!

Meck77: I think he's going to investigate. Maybe he'll let us know what he finds out!

Bwahahaha

broncocalijohn
09-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Easy killer Rock Chalk. Some hated but like what they see now. Some still want to feel like they are always correct and not give us the benefit of the doubt. Those are the ones that still deserve the pounding. We havent won anything yet, but with the doomsday crowd not having us win squat, our 3 and 0 record cant be hidden. It is what happens when we lose that those same people will say something like we should win every game now. You even have Mock downplaying the Cowboys so he is again protected if we beat the Cowboys.

ScottXray

LOLLOLLOLLOLROFL!

thanks for the laugh!

Rock Chalk
You just called yourself a piece of ****. That is odd.

Anyways, I have been labeled a hater and nothing I have said is wrong yet. Can you prove getting rid of cutler wasn't a mistake yet? This isn't a move that only affects 3 games of a single season. This is a move that messes with the next 12 years of Bronco football. You don't think it will be brought up if we have crappy QB play in a few years and Cutler is working on his 4th prop bowl?

Shoot, you can't even prove this team is better without him. Nothing from that trade is responsible for the defensive turnaround. The team as a whole does look better than I expected. One problem still remains, no QB. Maybe you trust that Orton can perform when the team needs him to do something but I haven't seen it yet. So far, it looks like we would be real contenders this year with a good QB.

I hope orton can prove me wrong. It isn't like this is his first year in the league. I saw orton play his 4th year, last year. If Orton proves me wrong or Cutler never developes further, I will have a ton of crow to eat. Untill then, the crying about people being right is unwaranted and kind of funny.

No, I ahvent thrown anything back at anyone's face.

Nice try douche.

jhns
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
No, I ahvent thrown anything back at anyone's face.

Nice try douche.

Did you read what you posted? Or does it only count if you name specific people? It looks to me like you just threw stuff back in the face of the majority of Bronco fans.

It doesn't really matter though. No need for name calling.