PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

baja
12-18-2012, 08:22 AM
How exactly did he get McD fired when he wasn't a Broncos?

The now infamous food fight behavior between the two were the first red flags as to the immaturity of McDaniels. The whole Cutler/McDaniels fiasco caused the McD era to begin with one foot in the grave.

McD got himself fired but don't kid yourself the handling of the Cutler situation was an influence.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 08:30 AM
The now infamous food fight behavior between the two were the first red flags as to the immaturity of McDaniels. The whole Cutler/McDaniels fiasco caused the McD era to begin with one foot in the grave.

McD got himself fired but don't kid yourself the handling of the Cutler situation was an influence.

Yeah that is on McD not "the player".

baja
12-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah that is on McD not "the player".

It is Cutler's fail personality that raised the situation. Jay's dickyness is what exposed McD's immaturity and lack of ability to deal with player's personalties.

Gutless Drunk
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
It is Cutler's fail personality that raised the situation. Jay's dickyness is what exposed McD's immaturity and lack of ability to deal with player's personalties.

Lol, 6 degrees of coach killer?

Dude, let it go. He's gone.

WolfpackGuy
12-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Didn't really read all this in depth, but what people are saying is they'd basically rather have Cassel and his awful contract?

LOL

baja
12-18-2012, 08:50 AM

I "let it go" when he left. I am just enjoying the situation

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 08:50 AM

:rofl: HA HA HA you're right McD would have been way more mature had Jay not exposed him :rofl: Are you for real? That is like someone blaming McD forJay being a baby because he exposed his sensitive side.

broncocalijohn
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Actually, it is 9 degrees of coach killer? 6 in Denver but 9 in Chicago.

baja
12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
:rofl: HA HA HA you're right McD would have been way more mature had Jay not exposed him :rofl: Are you for real? That is like someone blaming McD forJay being a baby because he exposed his sensitive side.

McD showed his immaturity and inability to handle player personalties. To be a good coach in the NFL you have to be good at dealing with players (see John Fox). Josh "The Player" McDaniels is a very good game planner but horrible at understanding how to motivate (handle) players. The way he handled his supposed star QB clearly showed to the entire league his flaw and it was not lost on Pat Bowlen. The way he dealt with the Cutler thing was the first nail in his coffin.

lonestar
12-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Jeff George version 2.0

Been saying that since his second year in Denver.

Big arm, no brain, ego the size of Montana.

Always believed his arm would get him out of trouble. Since he could force tha ball into tight spots in college, he got reckless in the NFL and got burnt a lot not realizing that NFL DBs are better than in college.

Both were pouters and everything was someone else fault.

Yep diffenately 2.0.

DENVERDUI55
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
He is a coach killer because he is bad qb that doesn't make team better. His teams under perform thus coach gets fired.

Eldorado
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
DOOOOOOOONN'T CAAAAAAARRRRE!!!!!

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
McD showed his immaturity and inability to handle player personalties. To be a good coach in the NFL you have to be good at dealing with players (see John Fox). Josh "The Player" McDaniels is a very good game planner but horrible at understanding how to motivate (handle) players. The way he handled his supposed star QB clearly showed to the entire league his flaw and it was not lost on Pat Bowlen. The way he dealt with the Cutler thing was the first nail in his coffin.
He had these problems BEFORE Jay Cutler was born.

baja
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
He had these problems BEFORE Jay Cutler was born.

But it took Jay the coach killer to show the world and Pat Bowlen. ;D

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
I've said from the beginning that Cutler is very immature. Until he grows up, yes, he will have a revolving door at coaches.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM

No it took cheating against the 49ers to show the world and Pat. Tim Tebow is about to have his 2nd coach in three years fired and if he still is in the NFL will be on his 4th coach in as many years. Sometimes its just the coaches fault they suck.

baja
12-16-2014, 09:51 AM
And what would you say today?

ColoradoDarin
12-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Prophetic thread :)

first couple of pages was a fun re-read

baja
12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I think that even thinking the thought that Cutler killed Shanahan's coaching career is ignorant, let alone actually putting your body through the motions of actually posting it.

I mean... Seriously...

What!?

TJ hits another one out of the park.

BTW Still think Griese was the best QB in the league back in the day?

You were wrong about Plummer too.

Have you ever been right about a Broncos QB?

baja
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
:clown:

Jay Cutler is like a combination of the worst and luckiest NASCAR driver ever.

He tools recklessly around the track, causes all sorts of massive collisions and never incurs even the smallest of fender benders himself.

Other drivers go up in smoke. Some of them suffer third-degree burns. All of them want to punch him out in the garage area.

Yet Cutler keeps on keeping on toward his next huge payday.

Funny thing is that Cutler isn't a race-car driver. He's an NFL quarterback laying waste to everything in his rearview mirror.

Cutler's latest victim is Aaron Kromer, the Bears' offensive coordinator/line coach.

A Chicago newspaper revealed that Kromer was the source of an NFL Network report criticizing Cutler and saying that the Bears feel "buyer's remorse" over the quarterback's contract.

Kromer tearfully apologized to Bears' players for leaking company business, though he denied the "buyer's remorse" part of the NFL Network report, sources told the Chicago Tribune.

Look, Kromer was wrong for violating a trust. Nobody inside a team should air grievances about someone else inside the team to someone outside the team.

Kromer should be fired for this sports sin making him just another football man brought down in some way or other by Cutler.

The quarterback reportedly shook his head during Kromer's admission, making himself out to be a sympathetic figure. So there he goes again, taking a few more laps around the track while someone else goes up in flames and down in tears.

Cutler brings grown professionals to their knees. He rips them into shreds. He piles their careers in a heap.

It's difficult to tell whether Cutler is a symptom of the Bears' disease, the disease itself or both if that's possible. The franchise is either dumb from ownership down to him or from him up to ownership, but it's dumb one way or the other.

Kromer, who must have known better, apparently couldn't help himself from telling truths about Cutler to a national reporter.

Bears' head coach Marc Trestman can't stop himself, either, from defending Cutler against the critics in the stands and in the press box.

Nor could Bears general manager Phil Emery stop himself from giving Cutler a guaranteed $54 million over three years beginning this season.

If Kromer indeed will be fired, then Trestman should be too and Emery should be too and club president Ted Phillips should be too and all the McCaskeys owners should fire themselves too.

Maybe not entirely because of Cutler but surely due in great part to the nonsense they have perpetrated because of him. He has either turned them into buffoonish football people or exposed them as buffoonish football people.

Jerry Angelo, the Bears' previous general manager, gambled by acquiring Cutler and lost his job after the quarterback evolved into much less than expected. Lovie Smith, the previous head coach, lost his job because none of the assistants he hired could produce a productive offense with this particular quarterback.

Meanwhile, of course, Cutler keeps shaking his head like people are running him off the track when in fact he's running them out of town.

Cutler continues to cash big-time checks as if he's continuing to be the big-time quarterback he never has been.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20141212/sports/141219424/

ColoradoDarin
12-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Cutler is Kyle Busch?

Fits.

Gort
12-16-2014, 12:26 PM
i see that i voted "yes".

always nice to have my brilliance re-affirmed by 5-year-old zombie threads.

;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Yet the poll is 50% yes and 50% no.

BTW In time it will be generally accepted in the media that;

1. Cutler is a coach killer

2. Shanahan's drafting of Cutler and his FAIL to win the division with a 3 G lead with 3 to go will go down as Cutler's first HC victim.

I'm not sure I'm ready for a world in which Baja is a great prognosticator, but here we are.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Call it an educated opinion. After studying Josh McD for months I have come to the conclusion that he will become the best coach the Broncos have ever had.

Hey save this post maybe I'm wrong and you can "remind" me.

BTW Me saying Josh will be the best coach the Broncos have ever had is no more a reach than those saying he was the worst hire and Bowlen must be a gutless drunk for doing it.

Whew. Dodged that bullet.

baja
12-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Whew. Dodged that bullet.

Who knew he was a cheater.

He was too immature to be a HC to make things worse he was given Shanny type power. He has shown he is a great OC just not ready to be a HC.

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Wow this thread was spot on and there were a lot of Cutler fans with their heads stuck up his arse.

maven
12-16-2014, 01:50 PM
What I see today most will see in 6 months from now but in your case it's a year at least.

We will be in the SB hunt this year that means we make the playoffs and have a good chance to win every game we are in. No more Indy type blow outs for the Broncos now that Josh McD is in town...

LOL

This is a legit thread it just doesn't seem like it yet.

Did you happen to catch Josh on the Rome show? This young man is going to be the best coach the Broncos have ever had Mark my words. I just 6 months ahead of everybody else.;D

You bump your thread all high and mighty, then you write this ****.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1290449/picard-facepalm-o.gif

baja
12-16-2014, 02:01 PM
High & mighty? Clearly I don't think the way you do. Maybe you should go listen to some more Justin Bever

We were one game away from the SB

baja
12-16-2014, 02:02 PM
BTW - McD will get another shot, he was given way too much power here.

SleepingTiger
12-16-2014, 02:21 PM

i thought the cheating was the final nail in the coffin. jay situation was just a start. lets not forget that he tore up baileys contract.

baja
12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
i thought the cheating was the final nail in the coffin. jay situation was just a start. lets not forget that he tore up baileys contract.

Jay got Shanny fired before McD came on the scene.

SleepingTiger
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM
He is a coach killer because he is bad qb that doesn't make team better. His teams under perform thus coach gets fired.

do you even watch the game? the team is poorly coached.

cutler needs to be on a team where he is one of the leaders and not the only leader. without briggs and peanut, this team just falls apart. cutler wont hold any of his teammate accountable. he is a qb and nothing more.

SleepingTiger
12-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Jay got Shanny fired before McD came on the scene.

ahhh, thought you're talking about douchy

You don't fire a coach that brought you your only superbowl rings back 2 back because 2 seasons without going to the playoffs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2014, 02:39 PM

cutler needs to be on a team where he is one of the leaders and not the only leader. without briggs and peanut, this team just falls apart. cutler wont hold any of his teammate accountable. he is a qb and nothing more.

smh.

It's always everyone else's fault with Jay. Always. "He doesn't have any receivers!" They get Jeffrey and Marshall and Bennet. "His line sucks." They go out of their way to get help there. Now it's the defense.

The Teflon QB.

baja
12-16-2014, 02:47 PM
ahhh, thought you're talking about douchy

You don't fire a coach that brought you your only superbowl rings back 2 back because 2 seasons without going to the playoffs.

It took 3 more seasons of utter disappointment which was in a big part on Jay.

need 1 win with 3 to go and mss playoffs two years in a row. Ouch!

SleepingTiger
12-16-2014, 03:00 PM
smh.

It's always everyone else's fault with Jay. Always. "He doesn't have any receivers!" They get Jeffrey and Marshall and Bennet. "His line sucks." They go out of their way to get help there. Now it's the defense.

The Teflon QB.

the defense gives up 6 tds in the first half of packers game and rogers thinks he is playing against a pewee defense... its cutlers fault!!!! LOL

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2014, 03:06 PM

I know you LOVE the guy but I guarantee he isn't coached to not look off the safety, stare down the WR and throw a deep INT. He sucks get over it. You can be talented and still suck. Your argument doesn't work because he had Briggs and Peanut when Lovie was fired.

DENVERDUI55
12-16-2014, 03:10 PM
the defense gives up 6 tds in the first half of packers game and rogers thinks he is playing against a pewee defense... its cutlers fault!!!! LOL

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=400554403

Go ahead and blame it on the D.