PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

baja
02-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Close but they are still selling out games in KC.

and really the GM did more damage to that franchise that any coach ever did.

Never did figure out why Marty S. gets tramped so often. Look at Cleveland going in to the toilet after he left, never to have a good season again and than there is KC, they were strong all the time marty was there but went into the toilet as well after he left, same can be said for SD they were better under marty than anything Norv has produced.

bronco610
02-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Close but they are still selling out games in KC.

Only because the local station or business keeps buying the necessary left over tickets.

baja
08-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Not too late to vote.......

joe9999
09-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

No. He is maturing as a QB. With the right OC he has all the skills needed to be an elite player.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

No. He is maturing as a QB. With the right OC he has all the skills needed to be an elite player.

He threw into double coverage TWICE in the fourth quarter, got picked TWICE in the fourth quarter, and was bailed out TWICE in the fourth quarter.

Maturing? Not really. He still makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen from a pro quarterback.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 08:57 AM

this will be an amusing thread to bump going forward. For those of you who were silly enough to buy into the garbage flowing from the Broncos FO after the Cutler mishandling, I pity you and your inability to read the situation properly.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
this will be an amusing thread to bump going forward. For those of you who were silly enough to buy into the garbage flowing from the Broncos FO after the Cutler mishandling, I pity you and your inability to read the situation properly.

Think you have a pretty good handle on what actually happened behind closed doors, do ya?

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 08:59 AM
He threw into double coverage TWICE in the fourth quarter, got picked TWICE in the fourth quarter, and was bailed out TWICE in the fourth quarter.

Maturing? Not really. He still makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen from a pro quarterback.

he didnt get picked twice in the fourth quarter- the Packers DBs were playing like crap and got called for stupid penalties like pass interference. Can't you read a box score?

You are the sorest loser in a pile of sore losers

Missouribronc
09-28-2010, 08:59 AM

Cutler is kind of screwed in the "coach killer" department, because Lovie just doesn't have much rope left, and it has to do with a lot more than Cutler.

Lovie is 55-44 with two playoff appearances in seven seasons. (This being his seventh). If he doesn't produce a division winner with Cutler this year or the next, he's probably going to get axed, even if they are 9-7 and slip in as a wildcard.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
he didnt get picked twice in the fourth quarter- the Packers DBs were playing like crap and got called for stupid penalties like pass interference. Can't you read a box score?

You are the sorest loser in a pile of sore losers

HA! Okay, privatebeef. Whatever you say. Those picks must have been a figment of my imagination.

They were TERRIBLE decisions. He is known for making TERRIBLE decisions. He will continue to make TERRIBLE decisions, and more often than not, he won't get bailed out TWICE like he did yesterday.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Think you have a pretty good handle on what actually happened behind closed doors, do ya?

its pretty obvious- McDaniels was a retard with a hardon for Matt Cassel, Cutler got wind of it and wanted to hear he wouldnt be traded, McDaniels stupidly tried to pull a "cannot confirm nor deny" and Cutler asked to be traded.

Cutler was onboard 100% until the trade rumors got leaked, rookie mistake by a FO now world-renowned for making rookie mistakes.

Hey I think I just saw Alphonso Smith working at Arbys, sweet 1st rounder we traded for him last year

baja
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM

We'll see

...and I quote you so you can't delete. Oh and save you pity.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
We'll see

...and I quote you so you can't delete. Oh and save you pity.

why would I delete? I have been saying that this was a massive mistake from day 1. Plain as day.

baja
09-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Cutler should have been picked 2 times in the 4th quarter.

He does look good at times but he is an undisciplined QB that constantly throws off his back foot and throws out of balance. He will break your heart more than he will win it.

I notice it's the same posters that are always calling out McD's record as a tool to criticize yet are in love with Cutler's pretty pass. What is Cutler's record and what is Josh's W?L record?

See your inconsistency?

baja
09-28-2010, 09:11 AM
why would I delete? I have been saying that this was a massive mistake from day 1. Plain as day.

You're right you probably would not delete. I just thought the pity part of your post was a little more condescending than your usual.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
You're right you probably would not delete. I just thought the pity part of your post was a little more condescending than your usual.

haha.

It's the internet, if you don't have an angle, whats the point.

I like you guys because you are Broncos fans, and would buy a beer for each and every one of you, no matter how antagonistic I might be at times.

Except for thatonedenvermooseguy, he legitimately seems like he is off his meds today.

baja
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
its pretty obvious- McDaniels was a retard with a " for Matt Cassel, Cutler got wind of it and wanted to hear he wouldnt be traded, McDaniels stupidly tried to pull a "cannot confirm nor deny" and Cutler asked to be traded.

Cutler was onboard 100% until the trade rumors got leaked, rookie mistake by a FO now world-renowned for making rookie mistakes.

Hey I think I just saw Alphonso Smith working at Arbys, sweet 1st rounder we traded for him last year

Oh I get what you are saying here. McD's problem was that he didn't smile and assure Jay he would never trade him and when and if Josh felt like trading him just pull the trigger and say oh Jay I changed my mind.

Josh's fault was being straight with Cutler.

Josh's fault was not being a "good" lier.

You sound like a high moral guy - sure you wouldn't be happier as a Raider fan?

footstepsfrom#27
09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
He's 3-0 behind a swiss cheese offensive line and possessing limited weapons around him but leading the league in QB rating. He's got a maturation process like any other player but right now he looks pretty damn good.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Oh I get what you are saying here. McD's problem was that he didn't smile and assure Jay he would never trade him and when and if Josh felt like trading him just pull the trigger and say oh Jay I changed my mind.

Josh's fault was being straight with Cutler.

Josh's fault was not being a "good" lier.

Every QB worth his salt in the league would be upset if it was determined that the FO didn't believe in him, especially a new, young HC with whom he is unfamiliar.

If Mike Shanahan had walked into San Diego and immediately tried to trade for Cutler, you think Phillip Rivers wouldn't have a problem with it? You are naive if you think otherwise.

It was a foolish mistake to try for Cassel, he is a journeyman QB and not worth upsetting the apple cart over. Rookie error in judgment.

baja
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
haha.

I like you guys because you are Broncos fans, and would buy a beer for each and every one of you, no matter how antagonistic I might be at times.

Except for thatonedenvermooseguy, he legitimately seems like he is off his meds today.

I would drink a drink with you. But I drink with lots of people that don't know what they are talking about. ;D

baja
09-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Every QB worth his salt in the league would be upset if it was determined that the FO didn't believe in him, especially a new, young HC with whom he is unfamiliar.

If Mike Shanahan had walked into San Diego and immediately tried to trade for Cutler, you think Phillip Rivers wouldn't have a problem with it? You are naive if you think otherwise.

It was a foolish mistake to try for Cassel, he is a journeyman QB and not worth upsetting the apple cart over. Rookie error in judgment.

You are taking for fact something that is speculation

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:26 AM
You are taking for fact something that is speculation

logical progression, when you take a step away and look at the series of events.

Was Cutler immature in his reaction? You're damn right he was.

Is it up to the FO to avoid such stupid situations, especially considering the mediocre player in question (Cassel)? Absolutely, no question about it.

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Whaaaa, whaaaa.....we're 1 1/2 years removed from Beetus, and still whining.

Orton + Ayers > Cutler. We're better off because of the trade.....deal with it.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Whaaaa, whaaaa.....we're 1 1/2 years removed from Beetus, and still whining.

Orton + Ayers > Cutler. We're better off because of the trade.....deal with it.

you cant say we are better off- And you have to take into account that another 1st rounder was spent on yet another QB in Tebow, which would have been unnecessary and could have instead gone to the defense.

this is still happening to the Broncos, the full repercussions will not be known for years. It's still quite relevant.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
haha.

Awww, that's okay. I'd still buy you a beer, private. Even if I do think you're a blowhard who thinks he knows far more than he actually knows.

I could just sit back and listen to your conspiracy theories and laugh. All for the price of a beer.

baja
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
BTW my take is Josh accessed Cutler when they were working together before the season started and came to the conclusion he as not willing to take coaching and that is when McD started looking for other options so Beef is probably right the FO was looking to ship Jay for max value and they did a hell of a job with that. Orton, Ayers and Gronkowski is what we basically got.

Bottom line McD's system does not need a gunslinger with an attitude at the QB position. The position calls for a smart coachable leader which = Orton for now and Tebow down the road.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Awww, that's okay. I'd still buy you a beer, private. Even if I do think you're a blowhard who thinks he knows far more than he actually knows.

I could just sit back and listen to your conspiracy theories and laugh. All for the price of a beer.

I was joking of course, although I might give you a subtle pat down for weapons.

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
you cant say we are better off- And you have to take into account that another 1st rounder was spent on yet another QB in Tebow, which would have been unnecessary and could have instead gone to the defense.

this is still happening to the Broncos, the full repercussions will not be known for years. It's still quite relevant.

You know what? I'm going to ask you a question that I'm sure has already been asked of you. But I'm asking you seriously, whereas others probably stated this question mockingly........ready?

Why aren't you a fan of the Bears or the Redskins?

Seriously....there's nothing wrong with being a fan of a player first, over a team. Hell, Tebow has such a following that his fans would've been the fan of which ever team he was drafted by. I get that. And there's nothing wrong with that. Many people choose to be fans of the team first. Either way, it's personal decision.

But since you seem to be such a big fan of Cutler......again, I ask you seriously, why aren't you a fan of the Bears? It REALLY would make sense, and you'd undoubtedly be a hell of a lot happier.

I'm being dead serious, and I'm just asking cause I'm curious.......

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I was joking of course, although I might give you a subtle pat down for weapons.

You're just looking for an excuse to grab my junk.

bendog
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
when all else fails, question patriotism!!!

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Like I said....it was a serious question. And I don't believe I directed it toward you, Ben Dover.

bendog
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
you're an asshole, and that was directed at you, beaver.

colonelbeef
09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
You know what? I'm going to ask you a question that I'm sure has already been asked of you. But I'm asking you seriously, whereas others probably stated this question mockingly........ready?

Why aren't you a fan of the Bears or the Redskins?

Seriously....there's nothing wrong with being a fan of a player first, over a team. Hell, Tebow has such a following that his fans would've been the fan of which ever team he was drafted by. I get that. And there's nothing wrong with that. Many people choose to be fans of the team first. Either way, it's personal decision.

But since you seem to be such a big fan of Cutler......again, I ask you seriously, why aren't you a fan of the Bears? It REALLY would make sense, and you'd undoubtedly be a hell of a lot happier.

I'm being dead serious, and I'm just asking cause I'm curious.......

You sound like my fellow Mets fans while they still were hoping that Omar Minaya was a good GM, and the Wilpon family knew what the hell they were doing. He isn't and they don't.

I have been saying that the Mets are completely lost for 3 years now. It doesnt make me any less of a fan; it simply makes me right.

I do not let my fandom get in the way of rational thought- the second you curtail logical thought simply because you feel you MUST in support of your TEAM, you have ceased to be an intelligent, free thinking human being.

Being a fan /= require agreeing with any and all decisions made by the team. Being an unquestioning follower of a team just makes you a cheeleader in search of his missing pom poms.

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 09:45 AM
you're an a-hole, and that was directed at you, beaver.

You can pick up some Midol at any CVS or Rite-Aid, you know.

:sunshine:

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 09:55 AM
You sound like my fellow Mets fans while they still were hoping that Omar Minaya was a good GM, and the Wilpon family knew what the hell they were doing. He isn't and they don't.

I have been saying that the Mets are completely lost for 3 years now. It doesnt make me any less of a fan; it simply makes me right.

I do not let my fandom get in the way of rational thought- the second you curtail logical thought simply because you feel you MUST in support of your TEAM, you have ceased to be an intelligent, free thinking human being.

Being a fan /= require agreeing with any and all decisions made by the team. It just makes you a cheeleader in search of his missing pom poms.

Not a cheerleader. Just giving the guy a chance. You never seem to explain why you absolutely TRASH a head coach whose only coached 19 regular season games.....yet fully support a head coach who was mired in .500 seasons year after year.

And if you read what I posted.......yes, people can be fans of PLAYERS and/or TEAMS.....you and I are both. I will always, however, put the Broncos first. You seem to put Cutler first. AND THAT IS FINE.

But rather than continually whining on a Broncos message board about the loss of Cutler, a year and a half after he's gone.....why not REJOICE on a Bears board about HIM BEING THERE? It's an honest question......you and Ben Dover can keep taking offense to it all you want. But in reality, many people who are fans of PLAYERS FIRST would do just that.

I'm not saying you're NOT a Bronco fan.....what I am saying is perhaps you're a CUTLER fan FIRST, and therefore why not be a Bears fan (in addition, perhaps?) to being a Bronco fan.

Example......I loved Steve Atwater. But I didin't TRASH Shanahan for letting him go to the Jets. But that is what you're doing in the Cutler case.....trashing a FO for letting your favorite player go. I contined to love Steve Atwater (just as you continue to love Cutler)......but your trashing of a guy that's been at the helm for just over a year reeks of someone who just BLINDLY hates him for no other reason than letting your guy go. So I don't get why you act so surprised when people DO question your motives and/or fandom.

Whatever, dude. It was an honest question.....and you're certainly not obligated to give me an answer of any kind. Like I said, I was just curious.

Good day.

baja
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Thanks for the laugh dog.

Ain't that the truth!

Florida_Bronco
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Watching Cutler last night, I realize just how happy I am that Josh booted his worthless ass out of town. For that, I will be forever grateful to Josh.

Popps
09-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Not a cheerleader. Just giving the guy a chance. You never seem to explain why you absolutely TRASH a head coach whose only coached 19 regular season games.....yet fully support a head coach who was mired in .500 seasons year after year.

And if you read what I posted.......yes, people can be fans of PLAYERS and/or TEAMS.....you and I are both. I will always, however, put the Broncos first. You seem to put Cutler first. AND THAT IS FINE.

But rather than continually whining on a Broncos message board about the loss of Cutler, a year and a half after he's gone.....why not REJOICE on a Bears board about HIM BEING THERE? It's an honest question......you and Ben Dover can keep taking offense to it all you want. But in reality, many people who are fans of PLAYERS FIRST would do just that.

I'm not saying you're NOT a Bronco fan.....what I am saying is perhaps you're a CUTLER fan FIRST, and therefore why not be a Bears fan (in addition, perhaps?) to being a Bronco fan.

Example......I loved Steve Atwater. But I didin't TRASH Shanahan for letting him go to the Jets. But that is what you're doing in the Cutler case.....trashing a FO for letting your favorite player go. I contined to love Steve Atwater (just as you continue to love Cutler)......but your trashing of a guy that's been at the helm for just over a year reeks of someone who just BLINDLY hates him for no other reason than letting your guy go. So I don't get why you act so surprised when people DO question your motives and/or fandom.

Whatever, dude. It was an honest question.....and you're certainly not obligated to give me an answer of any kind. Like I said, I was just curious.

Good day.

Quit quoting people like colon-beef... please?

It's like tracking dog**** into someone's living room after they just cleaned up.

Popps
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
watching cutler last night, i realize just how happy i am that josh booted his worthless ass out of town. For that, i will be forever grateful to josh.

qft

bendog
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
yeah those 4th qtr comebacks were such a drag. lol

bendog
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
You can pick up some Midol at any CVS or Rite-Aid, you know.

:sunshine:

hey, asshole, you like calling people name, pussy?

bendog
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
A case can be made that Shanny's fall from grace started when he drafted Cutler with a squad that just went to the AFCC. Lovie will be put under the microscope if Cutler struggles and the Bears miss the playoffs. I think Cutler is so over rated that he will take down a few HCs before everyone catches on that while a possessor of a great arm he is a loser between the ears.

Actually, baja, that case can't be made if you recalled the afc championship where Jake choked.

I really don't know what kind of offense L. Smith wanted initially. Last night they said he wanted an attacking offense from day one ... maybe. It looked like the old 3 yds and a cloud of snow though.

If last night didn't show you that any problems the bears offense has don't start at qb, you're hopeless.

Orton obviously can work in an offense where he is pretty much a dealer of the ball: making the reads, not turning it over. I don't think he has the arm necessary for Martz's system, where a qb is taking hits and can't step up a lot. QB's will throw picks in Martz's system because they get pressure. It's high risk/high reward. I think you can make a case that Martz's system is a QB killer, though.

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
hey, a-hole, you like calling people name, p***Y?

No, only you.

:clown:

bendog
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
**** you, pussy

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 01:18 PM
**** you, p***Y

:rofl:

bendog
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
hey, you're a pussy, take it up with your family, not me.

55CrushEm
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
hey, you're a p***Y, take it up with your family, not me.

Jesus, dude.....are you in high school or something?

If the Ben Dover "nickname" offends you because you might have had some bad experiences earlier in your life, then I sincerely apologize.

It really was meant as a term of endearment.....

bendog
09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
you got the first insult, I give you last, you pussy.

Merlin
09-28-2010, 05:10 PM
yeah those 4th qtr comebacks were such a drag. lol
It is also a drag having a QB that despite not having any semblance of a running game, poor WR talent, no OL, and a system that puts pressure on a QB is still able to succeed. Being head hunted by Dallas and GB, yet he has the toughness and apparently now the patience to succeed. Yeah, who could use a QB like that. I rather have Orton, a QB that cannot carry a team when it needs it, can't survive without protection, and who is on a 3-10 slide.

Now if we had the Patriots OL and their WR, then Orton could do well... but then again, so can mediocre QBs like Cassel when well coached by good OCs like McD.

baja
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Can Martz last the year with Jay playing "Deer in the headlights" waiting for a big play to develop.

Can Lovie expect to be the Bears HC next season if they do not make the playoffs.

After watching Sunday nights dismantling of Jay Cutler and the Bears NFL DCs now know how to beat 'Da Bears'

baja
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
What do you think now?

TomServo
11-06-2010, 01:25 AM
i think Bowlen, Ellis and McDaniels are a franchise Killer

Gutless Drunk
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
NEW YORK, Dec. 1 (UPI) -- The NFL gave its NFC offensive player of the week honor to Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler Wednesday for his four-score day against Philadelphia.

Cutler earned the third weekly award of his career by completing 14-of-21 passes for 247 yards and accumulating a 146.2 passer rating.

HAT
12-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Still wouldn't surprise me to see Lovie fired if the Bears miss the PO's.

Between Philly, NYG, Bears, Pack, Atlanta & NO....Someone's staying home.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Lovie out lasted McD.

DHallblows
12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
You know I was torn on bumping this thread, I thought about it yeaterday. On one hand, it'd be a funny and clever bump. On the other hand, I'm not a douchey troll who would bump this thread during the current state of the franchise...

DBroncos4life
12-08-2010, 01:51 AM
You know I was torn on bumping this thread, I thought about it yeaterday. On one hand, it'd be a funny and clever bump. On the other hand, I'm not a douchey troll who would bump this thread during the current state of the franchise...

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 06:42 AM
i think Bowlen, Ellis and McDaniels are a franchise Killer

Lmao.

Lovie outlasted McDaniels. That is just too funny.

:spit:

bendog
12-08-2010, 07:50 AM
epic thread fail. lol

DBroncos4life
12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
epic thread fail. lol

Well to be fair McD did coach Cutler for about a week so I guess you could add McD to the long list of coaches to be fired after coaching Cutler.

bendog
12-08-2010, 07:55 AM
no, it's a fail. Esp because the only way Lovie's job can be saved is to make the playoffs this year. Baja failed front and back. lol

Merlin
12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
After watching Sunday nights dismantling of Jay Cutler and the Bears NFL DCs now know how to beat 'Da Bears'
You might want to tell them how, because "Da Bears" are 9-3 (as opposed to 3-9) and Cutler continues to beat teams in the 4th qtr, has had multiple games with ratings exceeding 100, and has 3rd down success rate above 50% since the by-week (that would be about 5 games back). Baja, I like you man, but your takes on McD and Cutler have gone far beyond the indefensible.

WolfpackGuy
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
He indirectly killed McClueless, so yeah.

bendog
12-08-2010, 09:50 AM
He indirectly killed McClueless, so yeah.

I don't think that that single trade really did him in. What did him in was thinking he could "make" a qb and that he was simply a better talent judge than anyone else. He could have traded Lambchop and gotten either Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez. He could have survived with Orton if he'd gotten defensive playmakers and given fans a reason for optimism with Tebow in the future.

tsiguy96
12-08-2010, 09:51 AM
You might want to tell them how, because "Da Bears" are 9-3 (as opposed to 3-9) and Cutler continues to beat teams in the 4th qtr, has had multiple games with ratings exceeding 100, and has 3rd down success rate above 50% since the by-week (that would be about 5 games back). Baja, I like you man, but your takes on McD and Cutler have gone far beyond the indefensible.

cutlers defense beat teams, just like they did when orton was there. except orton didnt get credit then, the defense did. the only difference is last year and beginning this year, cutler lost them multiple games, hes stopped doing that. hes an official game manager.

bendog
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
cutlers defense beat teams, just like they did when orton was there. except orton didnt get credit then, the defense did. the only difference is last year and beginning this year, cutler lost them multiple games, hes stopped doing that. hes an official game manager.

right, Chi's defense is as good as in 2007-08

tsiguy96
12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
right, Chi's defense is as good as in 2007-08

are you kidding? have you watched them play? theyve been up and down some games, but their ceiling is THE BEST defense in the nfl.

Gutless Drunk
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
4th Quarter within 7 Points:

Jay Cutler 67.3% 423 Yds 5 Td 2 Int 108.1 Rating
Kyle Orton 49.3% 366 Yds 1 Td 2 Int 58.4 Rating

Merlin
12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
just like they did when orton was there. except orton didnt get credit then, the defense did
That is absolutely moronic. Do you even watch games??? He has no OL (you think Denver is bad, Chi OL is atrocious, even with his mobility he gets sacked about 4 times a game), the running game only works because of the threat of the pass, and he has no stud WR. Yet, when Dallas was coming at him with both barrels he was able to escape a number of times put up points. Against the Eagles blitz; he was able to escape and improvise a number of times and score; against GB...against, Minnesota... You get the idea. Meanwhile Orton would have been killed within the first 3 weeks. He has the escape ability of a statute, and the ability to be sacked by a blade of grass. To compare the two is just idiotic. That is not to say Cutler has been perfect. He single-handedly (actually if Lovie had challenged the fumble at the goal line Cutler would have had a TD and the Skins would have won) lost the skins game, but other than that he has been instrumental in the wins because their is no offense other than him. The last 5 games clearly demonstrated how important his mobility, improvisation skill, and arm are, and for you to suggest that he was managing the game because he didn't pass for 400 yds or some other stupidity is just plain stupid.

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 02:22 PM

bwahaha

I am starting to feel bad for tsiguy, he is literally a little lamb lost in the deep dark woods

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Thank you!

oubronco
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM

That makes me sick

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
4th quarter within 7 points:

Jay cutler 67.3% 423 yds 5 td 2 int 108.1 rating
kyle orton 49.3% 366 yds 1 td 2 int 58.4 rating

ouch.

orangemonkey
12-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Since Bellicheat is your idol and knows a thing or two about good quarterbacks, I think it's appropriate to share what he is saying about Cutler this week:

"I think he makes a lot of good decisions. He's very accurate with the ball. He's made great scramble plays to keep plays alive with his legs both to throw and run. He's spreading the ball around, using the backs, tight ends, receivers. He gets the ball to everybody. He's definitely one of the best quarterbacks we've seen all year. We've seen some good ones, and I'll put him right there with all of them."

"Offensively, Cutler is playing very well," Belichick said. "He's having an outstanding year. I've been very impressed with him. He does so many things well, his accuracy, his release, reading coverages, getting rid of the ball quickly, just managing the team. He's really playing well."

"Offensively, [Jay] Cutler is playing as well as I've seen him play," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "He's done a great job with coach [Mike] Martz's offense. He's carrying a lot of the offense on his shoulders, along with their receivers."

"Cutler's made a lot of plays running as well as throwing," Belichick said. "So he's very dangerous in and out of the pocket, throwing or running. I think the Bears' record really speaks for itself: 9-3. We know it's going to be a big challenge for us on a short week for a team we really don't know very well that has a lot of good players, is well coached, very fundamentally sound, and does a good job in every phase of the game.

"Of course, it all goes through the quarterback. When you have a quarterback like Jay Cutler who is making the kind of decisions and has the throwing accuracy that he's displayed and, in addition to that, takes plays that if you cover him defensively, you know he's able to break you down with his legs."

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Since Bellicheat is your idol and knows a thing or two about good quarterbacks, I think it's appropriate to share what he is saying about Cutler this week:

"I think he makes a lot of good decisions. He's very accurate with the ball. He's made great scramble plays to keep plays alive with his legs both to throw and run. He's spreading the ball around, using the backs, tight ends, receivers. He gets the ball to everybody. He's definitely one of the best quarterbacks we've seen all year. We've seen some good ones, and I'll put him right there with all of them."

"Offensively, Cutler is playing very well," Belichick said. "He's having an outstanding year. I've been very impressed with him. He does so many things well, his accuracy, his release, reading coverages, getting rid of the ball quickly, just managing the team. He's really playing well."

"Offensively, [Jay] Cutler is playing as well as I've seen him play," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "He's done a great job with coach [Mike] Martz's offense. He's carrying a lot of the offense on his shoulders, along with their receivers."

"Cutler's made a lot of plays running as well as throwing," Belichick said. "So he's very dangerous in and out of the pocket, throwing or running. I think the Bears' record really speaks for itself: 9-3. We know it's going to be a big challenge for us on a short week for a team we really don't know very well that has a lot of good players, is well coached, very fundamentally sound, and does a good job in every phase of the game.

"Of course, it all goes through the quarterback. When you have a quarterback like Jay Cutler who is making the kind of decisions and has the throwing accuracy that he's displayed and, in addition to that, takes plays that if you cover him defensively, you know he's able to break you down with his legs."

but but but Orton.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-08-2010, 04:55 PM

But, but, but, but, but what about when Jay was with us and Orton was with the Bears. McDumbass must have saw something.

Jay 2008: http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/situationalstats?id=CUT288111&season=2008
4th Quarter within 7 160 95 59.4 1,140 7.1 93 10 4 57 35.6 12 5 91.7

Orton 2008:http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/situationalstats?id=ORT716150&season=2008
4th Quarter within 7 94 53 56.4 536 5.7 36 2 4 29 30.9 4 2 62.2

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
But, but, but, but, but what about when Jay was with us and Orton was with the Bears. McDumbass must have saw something.

Jay 2008: http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/situationalstats?id=CUT288111&season=2008
4th Quarter within 7 160 95 59.4 1,140 7.1 93 10 4 57 35.6 12 5 91.7

Orton 2008:http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/situationalstats?id=ORT716150&season=2008
4th Quarter within 7 94 53 56.4 536 5.7 36 2 4 29 30.9 4 2 62.2

But Cutler is mean! We don't want mean players. We want under-talented McFriends!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
But Cutler is mean! We don't want mean players. We want under-talented McFriends!

I know. Bears must have magically got a 1st round pro-bowl LT, a Pro-bowl WR, and a Oline league top 5 in sacks allowed! Oh wait 2 years later none of that never happened.

Dedhed
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Are people really back on the Cutler bandwagon?

Dagmar
12-08-2010, 08:20 PM

From what I can tell from the multiple bumps, those who HATED McD, even after the 1st 6 wins, just the few, the colonelbeef/dragster/bf7/go_broncos/jhns have decided that instead of uniting behind the Broncos now the man they called "evil" or "Stalin" is gone, they are going to try and make this board even more miserable for those who were in the middle all along to the people who liked McD. Their circle jerk is dull, yet their call out threads are tolerated because the mods support their position...

So it seems. :wiggle:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-08-2010, 08:25 PM

No, not the Cutler bandwagon. But people here are still defending McDouchbag. And need to be pointed away from that Acehole.

TheReverend
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
From what I can tell from the multiple bumps, those who HATED McD, even after the 1st 6 wins, just the few, the colonelbeef/dragster/bf7/go_broncos/jhns have decided that instead of uniting behind the Broncos now the man they called "evil" or "Stalin" is gone, they are going to try and make this board even more miserable for those who were in the middle all along to the people who liked McD. Their circle jerk is dull, yet their call out threads are tolerated because the mods support their position...

Really?

You jerk offs made life miserable for people with the "correct" perspective (*the one that ultimately proved true beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt), and still there are multiple "But OMG Josh accumulated better talent" "Josh did this" etc threads.

The ****ing guy ****ed up in epic fashion. This is the WORST span of Broncos football maybe EVER (last I knew we had to go back to 1970 and that was BEFORE multiple more losses), was even cheating ("allegedly" though his firing speaks more volumes), and quite frankly, could do NOTHING other than generate passing yards.

He did more damage to this franchise than ANYONE.

Take your ****ing medicine like a man and shut the **** up.

Taco John
12-08-2010, 09:36 PM

This is mind boggling to me. I'm trying to imagine the rule that I would construct that would make it illegal to bump a thread where someone was wrong and someone else was right. Help me out here. How would you like to see that rule written...

footstepsfrom#27
12-08-2010, 10:42 PM
A coach killer? He must be...he got McD right?

TDmvp
12-09-2010, 12:24 AM
This is mind boggling to me. I'm trying to imagine the rule that I would construct that would make it illegal to bump a thread where someone was wrong and someone else was right. Help me out here. How would you like to see that rule written...

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/NotSureIfSerious.jpg

vercingetorix
12-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Rule 98....
Rule 99. Be nice to stupid people.

HAT
12-09-2010, 01:15 AM
This is the WORST span of Broncos football maybe EVER

Wait...What?

28 game record:

After McD 11-17

Pre McD 13-15

28 game averages:

With McD
Points for: 20.78 PPG
Points against: 23.46 PPG
Differential: 2.68

Pre McD
Points for: 22.07 PPG
Points against: 27.21 PPG
Differential: 5.14

http://rlv.zcache.com/you_got_some_splainin_to_do_products_tshirt-p2358593476341571443g1w_400.jpg

broncocalijohn
12-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Hat, when did McD win 11 games? We have 9 games of wins under McD.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-09-2010, 01:23 AM
But, but, but, but, but Mike Lumbardi said that we were losing because of lack of talent :(. BUCK YOU Mike, Coach Shannahan was right to fire your a$$. Acehole!

TDmvp
12-09-2010, 01:52 AM
hat, when did mcd win 11 games? We have 9 games of wins under mcd.

6+2+3.

6 straight , ended 8-8 , 3 this year ...

elsid13
12-09-2010, 02:41 AM

You need to go to the replay booth and ask Hotrod's decision.

zdoor
12-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Really?

You jerk offs made life miserable for people with the "correct" perspective (*the one that ultimately proved true beyond a shadow of reasonable doubt), and still there are multiple "But OMG Josh accumulated better talent" "Josh did this" etc threads.

The ****ing guy ****ed up in epic fashion. This is the WORST span of Broncos football maybe EVER (last I knew we had to go back to 1970 and that was BEFORE multiple more losses), was even cheating ("allegedly" though his firing speaks more volumes), and quite frankly, could do NOTHING other than generate passing yards.

He did more damage to this franchise than ANYONE.

Take your ****ing medicine like a man and shut the **** up.

This

Kaylore
12-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Cutler has 17 TD's against 10 interceptions and 9 fumbles, 5 lost. That's not coach killer worthy, but it's not exactly evidence he's "carrying his team to the playoffs" either.

vercingetorix
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Cutler has 17 TD's against 10 interceptions and 9 fumbles, 5 lost. That's not coach killer worthy, but it's not exactly evidence he's "carrying his team to the playoffs" either.

No, but in recent weeks, the Bears have developed a handle on a style of play that works for them and since then Jay hasnt been playing high risk-high reward like a lot of people have been used to. He could turn back into a pumpkin but, in recent weeks, Jay has played more close to the vest.

The interesting irony is that, in order for Chicago to beat Philadelphia when Philadelphia brings their A game, Chicago might need Jay to be a gunslinger and on his game, which has also invited mistakes.

jhns
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM

LOL...

I'm sorry for all of my bumps and call out threads. I will never do it again! Oh wait, I have never bumped a single thread and have only created like 3 threads the entire time I have been here... Hmmmm.

I am now not backing the team as I support Bowlen %100 on his desicions and laugh at those who question it? That is an interesting take.

I think its time to stop being a whiney drama queen.

HAT
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM

Chicago isn't even going to make the playoffs Khan.

TheReverend
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Wait...What?

http://rlv.zcache.com/you_got_some_splainin_to_do_products_tshirt-p2358593476341571443g1w_400.jpg

5-17 is.

HAT
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
5-17 is.

Is what? A made up stat to fit your agenda? I agree.

The bottom line....In Mcd's 28 games, he barely underperformed Shanny's last 28 games. So for you to say OMGZ, worst stretch evah! is hyperbole at best.

vercingetorix
12-09-2010, 08:50 AM

The bottom line....In Mcd's 28 games, he barely underperformed Shanny's last 28 games. So for you to say OMGZ, worst stretch evah! is hyperbole at best.

And in his last 22 games, Denver had the worst 22 game stretch since the early 60s.

~Crash~
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM

We are talking week 14 into a new system lol Hilarious!

jhns
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM

LOL

That is why everyone is using it, because it doesn't mean anything...

It is the worst stretch of games since the 70s... You may not think that means anything but everyone else in the world does.

TheReverend
12-09-2010, 08:52 AM

If it's a "made up" stat you should contact the NFL with your complaint since they hand out records for consecutive regular season games etc with no definitive start or finish...

The bottom line... it took less than half a season for McD to destroy what Shanny was building.

The record reflects.

His employment status reflects.

~Crash~
12-09-2010, 08:52 AM
oh and a sieve called a OL

HAT
12-09-2010, 08:55 AM
And in his last 22 games, Denver had the worst 22 game stretch since the early 60s.

That's nice....Too bad he coached 28 games here.

HAT
12-09-2010, 08:57 AM
If it's a "made up" stat you should contact the NFL with your complaint since they hand out records for consecutive regular season games etc with no definitive start or finish...

Link?

jhns
12-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Link?

How about looking at reality now. We are 3-9. Do you think we were going to win out? When is the last time this franchise went 3-9 in the first 11 games?

Yeah, he kept us right were we were! We aren't any worse now!

LOL What a joke.

HAT
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah, he kept us right were we were!

No, he didn't. He underperformed Shanny by 2 games in 28. (Thanks Hochuli!)

Luckily....That 2 game deficit is offset by the fact that Cutler is no longer a Bronco. That alone makes the whole McD era tolerable even though Bowlen pulled the plug a bit early. ^5

jhns
12-09-2010, 09:14 AM
No, he didn't. He underperformed Shanny by 2 games in 28. (Thanks Hochuli!)

Luckily....That 2 game deficit is offset by the fact that Cutler is no longer a Bronco. That alone makes the whole McD era tolerable even though Bowlen pulled the plug a bit early. ^5

LOL

You are a funny guy.

TheReverend
12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Link?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/13/colts-win-nfl-record-22nd-straight-regular-season-game/

Streak started week 5 2008 and ended week 16 2009

HAT
12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/13/colts-win-nfl-record-22nd-straight-regular-season-game/

Streak started week 5 2008 and ended week 16 2009

So did they get a plaque or something? How often does the NFL "hand out" these awards?

I might take your advice and complain to the league if they are really handing out these records. There's a lockout pending dammit!

vancejohnson82
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
How about looking at reality now. We are 3-9. Do you think we were going to win out? When is the last time this franchise went 3-9 in the first 11 games?

Yeah, he kept us right were we were! We aren't any worse now!

LOL What a joke.

i dont know if any franchise went 3-9 in their first 11 games

because its mathematically impossible

TheReverend
12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
So did they get a plaque or something? How often does the NFL "hand out" these awards?

I might take your advice and complain to the league if they are really handing out these records. There's a lockout pending dammit!

That's really the best way you can twist it?

Sad state of affairs for you, imo.

jhns
12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
i dont know if any franchise went 3-9 in their first 11 games

because its mathematically impossible

Good point.

vancejohnson82
12-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Good point.

I'm not busting your balls anymore JHNS...

I'm going to do my part to make this board a better place.

Godspeed

HAT
12-09-2010, 09:51 AM
That's really the best way you can twist it?

Sad state of affairs for you, imo.

A 22 game partial record is the twist.

FACT: McD coached 28 games here and was 2 games worse than the previous regime's last 28 games.

Sucks.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 10:34 AM

FACT: McD coached 28 games here and was 2 games worse than the previous regime's last 28 games.

Sucks.

Intertia makes a difference.

The 6-0 was obviously a fluke. Since the fluke, this team has been consistently bad over the last 1.5 seasons.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 10:37 AM
No, not the Cutler bandwagon. But people here are still defending McDouchbag. And need to be pointed away from that Acehole.

Correct.

The Cutler trade was the beginning of the end for McDaniels.

DHallblows
12-09-2010, 10:45 AM

The 6-0 was obviously a fluke. Since the fluke, this team has been consistently bad over the last 1.5 seasons.

You're proving his point. Why the **** are you talking in terms of "1.5 seasons" when McDaniels coached more than half a season this year. You're cherry picking stats and taking out important parts of last year because it doesn't fit your agenda

HAT
12-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Your heroes had a 4-9 stretch in 2007.

And yes, I do think Denver is going to win out.

jhns
12-09-2010, 10:53 AM
You're proving his point. Why the **** are you talking in terms of "1.5 seasons" when McDaniels coached more than half a season this year. You're cherry picking stats and taking out important parts of last year because it doesn't fit your agenda

Why are any of you using last season at all? This season, after his second offseason, is by far the better picture of what direction he has us going. From last season to this season, that direction is backwards and a worse team than Shanahan ever fielded. These are the facts.

HAT
12-09-2010, 10:53 AM

The order of wins means nothing.

And this team has been consistently bad for 5 years.

jhns
12-09-2010, 11:00 AM
The order of wins means nothing.

And this team has been consistently bad for 5 years.

Which is why Shanahan got fired. The point is, we were never once as bad as we are now when Shanahan was here. Who cares about the facts thought, right?

Archer81
12-09-2010, 11:04 AM
http://tinyurl.com/yj5hdsu

:Broncos:

Arkie
12-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Sucks.

28 games is the partial record twist. Look at it in seasons. Shanny had 15 wins the last two seasons. McD had 11 wins in his first two seasons. Too bad he got himself fired. McD could have won out to match Shanny's worst span. If we want to look at the whole picture, then we'll count McD's first 6 games and Shanny's first 12 seasons. There is no comparison.

HAT
12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Which is why Shanahan got fired. The point is, we were never once as bad as we are now when Shanahan was here. Who cares about the facts thought, right?

Uh....I've been stating facts all along.

McD was a few games worse than Shanny. Both got fired.

And for anyone dumb enough to think any particular "22 game stretch" matters...Shanny was 8-14 at one point in '06-'07. Once again, a few games better. But who cares? Suck is suck.

jhns
12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Uh....I've been stating facts all along.

No you aren't. Shanahan never once had a team playing as bad as this one is now. Not even just after losing half the SB teams to retirement, injury, and FA. That is a fact. Nothing McDaniels has done at all compares to what Shanahan did here, even in his worst years.

You are the one using stretches of games to make a point. You are also cherry picking what games you choose. It would be more accurate to use Shanahans second to last season and the first 12 games of his last. None of these are a great picture though. Individual seasons tell the real story. 3-9 tells the real story.

HAT
12-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Suck is suck. Shanny sucked (post Elway), McD sucked. Hopefully the next coach does not field a team of suck.

bendog
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
100 wins was just aweful. I couldn't stand watching ....

HAT
12-09-2010, 11:32 AM
You are the one using stretches of games to make a point. You are also cherry picking what games you choose.

Are you this ****ing stupid jhiz? I'm 'cherry picking' games to show you just how stupid it is to cherry pick games.

Suck is suck.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Suck is suck. Shanny sucked (post Elway), McD sucked. Hopefully the next coach does not field a team of suck.

Shanahan never sucked.

Stop comparing a future HOF coach to a fired coordinator with a career losing record.

jhns
12-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Are you this ****ing stupid jhiz? I'm 'cherry picking' games to show you just how stupid it is to cherry pick games.

Suck is suck.

Then you realize that your point is retarded and Shanahan was never nearly as bad as McDaniels?

Good to see we are making progress.

I too hated all those years with double digit wins, playoff appearances, and an AFCCG appearance. What a complete fail!

TotallyScrewed
12-09-2010, 01:13 PM

I remember when people on this board would go nuts because Denver was a 3 pt. dog away. Totally sucked.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
That's nice....Too bad he coached 28 games here.

Don't you know that if you only look at the games that McD lost, it was the worst stretch ever.

vancejohnson82
12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Shanahan never sucked.

Stop comparing a future HOF coach to a fired coordinator with a career losing record.

Shanahan never sucked, however, there were a bunch of times we came onto this board scratching our heads regarding his playcalling and the way the team came out to play....

im sure we could find the Shanahan answer to the McD "8 Straight Passes" debacle...

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Shanahan never sucked.

Do you base that purely on not willing to deal with reality?

You've been shown facts that this team performed just as poorly during Shanahan's finish as they did under McDaniels, with better talent according to you as well.

So if coach A sucks as bad as coach B, and coach A has more talent to work with, how is coach A the savior and coach B the worst ever?

jhns
12-09-2010, 02:49 PM

You've been shown facts that this team performed just as poorly during Shanahan's finish as they did under McDaniels, with better talent according to you as well.

So if coach A sucks as bad as coach B, and coach A has more talent to work with, how is coach A the savior and coach B the worst ever?

Now that is just easy to answer. First, Hat cherry picked Shanahans results and didn't give a fair take. He used one time frame for McDaniels and a completely different one for Shanahan. Second, McDaniels had the healthiest roster in the NFL last season while Shanahans last couple of seasons had rosters that had as many, or more, injuries than we do this year. McDaniels fully healthy roster barely kept up with Shanahans extremely injured one. Three, last season still had a lot of Shanahans talent on the team. As McDaniels roster became more his own and he had to deal with injuries, this team became worse than any Shanahan has ever coached. This is proven by 3-9.

Duh.

HAT
12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Shanahan never sucked.

Al Davis disagrees. :wave:

HAT
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
. He used one time frame for McDaniels and a completely different one for Shanahan.

Say huh? I used McD's entire career as the HC of the Denver Broncos....28 games. I used an equal number of games just prior to that under the old regime.

11-17
13-15

SUCK.

strafen
12-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Are these retards still defending Mcdaniels?
Good gracious!

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Mike Shanahan is one of the winningest coaches the NFL has seen in the last 30 years.

Josh McDaniels will be lucky to get another QB coach position in the NFL, and has a career losing record.

Stop comparing Josh McNobody to 2x Super Bowl winning Head Coach Mike Shanahan.

Dagmar
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Oh Tebow, the ire I lest brought.

No, it was recalling the MVPlaya getting a week ban for bumping threads in March (before the spoog incident)and HAT getting a thread that called out another poster put straight in the Butt, the rule inconsistency confused me as it's been a week of "call out those who supported Josh" here. Of course, the correlation of points of views doesn't escape people I'm sure.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Mike Shanahan is one of the winningest coaches the NFL has seen in the last 30 years.

Josh McDaniels will be lucky to get another QB coach position in the NFL, and has a career losing record.

Stop comparing Josh McNobody to 2x Super Bowl winning Head Coach Mike Shanahan.

I don't care what Shanahan did 30 years ago. I care only that he sucked in the end and deserved his ticket out of town, just like Mcadniels. And I could not care less whether McDaniels ever works in the NFL again.

I'm not comparing their careers. I'm saying that Shanahan was equally deserving of being fired because, he too, sucked in the end.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Al Davis disagrees. :wave:

What was the Raiders' record before Shanahan took over? 5-10.

What was the Broncos' record before McDaniels took over? 8-8.

McDaniels made the Broncos worse. Shanahan made the Raiders better.

Stop making asinine comparisons between a future HOF coach and an unemployed QB coach.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't care what Shanahan did 30 years ago. I care only that he sucked in the end and deserved his ticket out of town, just like Mcadniels. And I could not care less whether McDaniels ever works in the NFL again.

I'm not comparing their careers. I'm saying that Shanahan was equally deserving of being fired because, he too, sucked in the end.

But he didn't suck in the end- he simply was caught shorthanded in the middle of a rebuild, and spoiled fans like you fail to understand what he was trying to build.

Suck is going 5-17 over your last 22, not going 8-8 with one of the youngest teams in the league and an immature 25 year old QB and losing to a more talented San Diego team loaded with 1st round picks to miss the playoffs.

This ****ball team McDaniels put together isn't capable of sniffing 8-8.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 06:01 PM
But he didn't suck in the end- he simply was caught shorthanded in the middle of a rebuild, and spoiled fans like you fail to understand what he was trying to build.What? Are you serious? Really?You're going to argue that Shanahan was cut short in the middle of a 12 year rebuild and that McDaniels was given a fair shot at a rebuild? You're completely out to lunch.

Shanahan averaged fewer than 9 wins a season without Elway. That is suck.

Suck is going 5-17 over your last 22, not going 8-8 with one of the youngest teams in the league and an immature 25 year old QB and losing to a more talented San Diego team loaded with 1st round picks to miss the playoffs.What about losing to the Buffalo Bills and pitiful Raiders? And you want to say I'm cherry picking?

And what is your answer to McDaniels going 8-8 with clearly inferior talent according to you. I noticed you haven't touched that one yet.

ColoradoDarin
12-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Isn't there a setting for the board to turn off comments after a certain time has passed? I've seen other board that do it. You don't have to ban anyone and you can set it for several months (like 90 days or something) so that it's not too long away, but it keeps these really old threads from coming back.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Good gracious!

Follow the bouncing ball dimwit. No one here is defending the suck of McDaniels.

HAT
12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Can we call people retards again now? I got banned for that once...and I didn't even actually use the word. LOL

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
What? Are you serious? Really?You're going to argue that Shanahan was cut short in the middle of a 12 year rebuild and that McDaniels was given a fair shot at a rebuild? You're completely out to lunch.

What about losing to the Buffalo Bills and pitiful Raiders? And you want to say I'm cherry picking?

And what is your answer to McDaniels going 8-8 with clearly inferior talent according to you. I noticed you haven't touched that one yet.

How is it that you completely act like the AFCCG 12-4 team never happened?

After 2005, yes it was a rebuild. The offense was torn down and rebuilt from scratch. The defense was next- picks and money were being accumulated to address it. Offenses take longer to build and gel, and Shanahan is an offensive coach- obviously he is going to build this first, and that is exactly what he did.

PS- without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick averaged 7 wins a year. BFD.

strafen
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Follow the bouncing ball dimwit. No one here is defending the suck of McDaniels.

Nice!
Keep giving this place more class! :wave:

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Can we call people retards again now? I got banned for that once...and I didn't even actually use the word. LOL

It's allowed if you agree with Taco.

HAT
12-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh Tebow, the ire I lest brought.

No, it was recalling the MVPlaya getting a week ban for bumping threads in March (before the spoog incident)and HAT getting a thread that called out another poster put straight in the Butt, the rule inconsistency confused me as it's been a week of "call out those who supported Josh" here. Of course, the correlation of points of views doesn't escape people I'm sure.

http://rlv.zcache.com/consistently_inconsistent_tshirt-p235446508304744654trlf_400.jpg

No. Crush is right: it is a call-out thread. There's no purpose whatsoever for this thread to be started... other than to call out and ridicule another poster. It doesn't matter what stance he's taken in the past that you think justifies making the thread; it is still a call-out thread and this forum is where we put that type of content.

:yayaya:

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
How is it that you completely act like the AFCCG 12-4 team never happened?I don't act like it didn't happen. I act like it was an aberration in a decade long suck, which it was.

After 2005, yes it was a rebuild. The offense was torn down and rebuilt from scratch. The defense was next- picks and money were being accumulated to address it. Offenses take longer to build and gel, and Shanahan is an offensive coach- obviously he is going to build this first, and that is exactly what he did.Yes, it's always a good idea to put the biggest need at the end of the line. That's wise. You've pretty much defined "bass-ackwards" here.

And what about after 1998? We didn't attempt to start a rebuild then and fail? You call me out for ignoring a singular year in a 12 year period, but you're ignoring the other 11.

And why would you begin a rebuild after your most successful year in the 21st century?

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice!
Keep giving this place more class! :wave:
Good gracious!
So you really enjoyed that experience you dirty little whore?

Yeah, you're one to speak on class.

TheReverend
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Ha!

99- 6
00- 11
01- 8
02- 9
03- 10
04- 10
05- 13
06- 9
07- 7
08- 8

Thats 91 over 10 seasons which is 9.1 games per season.

Naturally, your outstanding Shanahan takes should've alluded to me that you'd also be horrible at math, but what can ya do.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
1999: 6-10
2000: 11-5 Playoffs
2001: 8-8
2002: 9-7
2003: 10-6 Playoffs
2004: 10-6 Playoffs
2005: 13-3 Playoffs
2006: 9-7
2007: 7-9
2008: 8-8

Ave wins per season: 9.1

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Ha!

99- 6
00- 11
01- 8
02- 9
03- 10
04- 10
05- 13
06- 9
07- 7
08- 8

Naturally, your outstanding Shanahan takes should've alluded to me that you'd also be horrible at math, but what can ya do.

lol, better than 9 wins a season with Jake Plummer, a young Jay Cutler, and Brian Griese @ QB. Purely amazing.

So now 9 wins a season while trying to find the right combo after losing your HOF QB and MVP RB is sucking? Interesting.

strafen
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, you're one to speak on class.

You're the one going around causing revolts everywhere you post.

I'll say this, I don't come over here to pick up fights.
I'm doing all I can to let things roll off my back and move forward.
I'm doing my part, but when I've become the focus of your attention, I start to wonder about you...

If this is what you want to continue doing, then go on. I'm out
I'm helping my cause.
This is the last you hear from me about this matter.
Do what you've gotta do.
I don't want to make a pissing contest out of this thread...

And just to seal the deal...

This message is hidden because Dedhed is on your ignore list.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Only obscenely spoiled Broncos fans would think that averaging 9.1 wins per season after 2 super bowl wins back to back was 'sucking'

Now you get to experience what sucking truly is, ingrates.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Ha!

99- 6
00- 11
01- 8
02- 9
03- 10
04- 10
05- 13
06- 9
07- 7
08- 8

Yeah, my bad on the math. I added in 2009.

I do know that Shanahan is the only coach to ever blow a 3 game division lead with as many games left in the season, and I know that defines suck for me.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, my bad on the math. I added in 2009.

I do know that Shanahan is the only coach to ever blow a 3 game division lead with as many games left in the season, and I know that defines suck for me.

If you are willing to only focus on that point, while ignoring all of the others that say otherwise, then there is no helping you. The team was really young, the defense was a mess, and San Diego, after years of piling together draft picks as a result of their ineptness and the dominance of Denver, finally put together a winning program.

Then again, you thought McDaniels was doing a good job, so we must take your opinion with a hefty grain of salt.

db56
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I voted no even though I do agree that he is a baby and hasnt proven anything yet.

a decade of not being able to draft good players on the defense is a definite coach killer though...

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Only obscenely spoiled Broncos fans would think that averaging 9.1 wins per season after 2 super bowl wins back to back was 'sucking'

Now you get to experience what sucking truly is, ingrates.

If being disappointed in 1 playoff win in 12 years makes me spoiled, then so be it. I'm spoiled.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
If you are willing to only focus on that point, while ignoring all of the others that say otherwise, then there is no helping you.

I'm not focusing on a point. I'm focusing on 11 years without a playoff victory and a decided inability to build a team. You can have all the regular season wins over crappy teams you want. We didn't go anywhere with Shanahan in 12 years and it was clearly time to move on for anyone who wasn't clinging purely to nostalgia.

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I voted no even though I do agree that he is a baby and hasnt proven anything yet.
Cutler has proven some things, he just hasn't proven anything positive.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
If being disappointed in 1 playoff win in 12 years makes me spoiled, then so be it. I'm spoiled.

The messed up part of that is, it was Coach Shannahan that made you spoiled. Talk about the "Hand that feeds you".

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Look the only coach we had better than Shannahan was Reeves. But if you want to compare Playoff records, Reeves was terrible. But I wish I could gene-splice the two to get the super coach of my dreams.

TDmvp
12-10-2010, 12:11 AM

I'm guessing he's 30ish and been a Broncos fan since about when Elway was drafted and is so spoiled he's stupid and has 0 idea what rough times looks like...

Only the Pats,Steelers,Colts and Eagles won more games from 2000-2009 than Denver yet this moron wants to call it a decade of suck , while some teams go 14 years without posting a winning record... priceless.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/nfl-standings-for-the-decade-colts-patriots-are-the-best-lion/

TDmvp
12-10-2010, 12:31 AM
There's what a decade of suck looks like by the way just for future reference DedHed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4oiqF-ipuw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4oiqF-ipuw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyone who watches that will shut the hell up about how bad Denver has had it.

55CrushEm
12-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Shanahan never sucked.

And there you have it, folks. One of the 5 major Shanny ball swingers that have such a hard on for the guy, that they can't see ANY of his shortcomings.

Dude, many if not MOST of Shanny's free agent signings were HORRIFIC......so yes, there's just one example of how the guy "sucked".

But you keep cheering the guy that had us mired in mediocrity because he brought us a SB championship going on a decade and half ago now......

Lev Vyvanse
12-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Look the only coach we had better than Shannahan was Reeves. But if you want to compare Playoff records, Reeves was terrible. But I wish I could gene-splice the two to get the super coach of my dreams.

Reeves didn't have a terrible playoff record. However, his super bowl record was atrocious.

bendog
12-10-2010, 08:17 AM
R66v6s the coach was OK, but the GM part was bad. If you hated shanny's drafts ....

jhns
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Young and inconsistent? Yes. Bad? No.

What makes you think he is bad? Was it the fact that he has two game winning drives and two game winning TDs in 3 games this year? Do you really think this is the first QB that is cocky and has an attitude problem? Do you really think that hurts their skill? I don't. Aikman even said so when asked about Cutler this offseason. Specifically, he said "Us QBs are a different breed".

I think cutler will be very good as they learn that the run game still exists even when you have a QB. They always have decent defenses and special teams. With the RB that they have, Cutler shouldn't be asked to carry that team, and he won't have to. That will make him successful.

I finally decided to read this thread from the start. I must say, damn I am one smart mofo. I think it is time for everyone to pat me on the back.

Kaylore
12-10-2010, 10:37 AM
After watching Shanahan coach another team, I still think it's not so much losing Elway as it was losing Kubiak. It seems this team hasn't been explosive offensively since that time.

Dedhed
12-10-2010, 10:44 AM
The messed up part of that is, it was Coach Shannahan that made you spoiled. Talk about the "Hand that feeds you".
That's true, and I'm grateful to Shanahan for getting us rings, but I don't look at it as biting the hand that feeds you by saying he deserved to be fired.

This is a constantly evolving league, and the league passed Shanahan by.

He beat up on the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs for a decade when they were absolutely awful but other than one game in 2005 against a team that for some reason never could get it done against Denver (even under the abyssmal McDaniels) he hasn't been able to beat any good teams.

OABB
12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I finally decided to read this thread from the start. I must say, damn I am one smart mofo. I think it is time for everyone to pat me on the back.

you sure are. I don't think anyone has ever said "give a run game and good defense and don't ask him to carry the team and he will win." Maybe you can be the broncos new gm with that progressive approach. You are like papa bear reincarnate.

jhns
12-10-2010, 11:33 AM
you sure are. I don't think anyone has ever said "give a run game and good defense and don't ask him to carry the team and he will win." Maybe you can be the broncos new gm with that progressive approach. You are like papa bear reincarnate.

You clearly are having trouble reading. I didn't say that is what it would take. I said that is what would happen. That was over a year ago. Guess what happened...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-10-2010, 08:51 PM
That's true, and I'm grateful to Shanahan for getting us rings, but I don't look at it as biting the hand that feeds you by saying he deserved to be fired.

This is a constantly evolving league, and the league passed Shanahan by.
He beat up on the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs for a decade when they were absolutely awful but other than one game in 2005 against a team that for some reason never could get it done against Denver (even under the abyssmal McDaniels) he hasn't been able to beat any good teams.

What a second here. Are you going to make me say it.......You are going to make me say it.

2008: OC Bates fashioned the offense after what offensive system...Thats right McDumbass. Now during that time what was our offesive average output? 2nd in ave yardage and 17th in ave scoring. Now we brought in the "real deal". What happened to the offense? We drop to 15th ave yards per game and 20th in points per game.

So lets ask the real question. What was so different about the 2005 season. It was the defense. And a lot of that had to do with talent (dah). We lost the best part of the defense in Al Wilson. And even with DJ's best efforts wasn't able to fill those shoes. It wasn't the d-line, the safety's or Cb's.

That's not a lack of vision. Thats just a lack of luck.

Dedhed
12-10-2010, 09:36 PM
That's not a lack of vision. Thats just a lack of luck.

12 years is a long time to wait for an unlucky streak to end, and I don't want a coach that has to rely on luck to win games or build a team.

Dedhed
12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I am smart because I believe that scoring more points than the other team is what really wins games.

"Someone cuddle me please. Hello, is there anyone out there? Someone Please pay attention to me. Hello?"-jhns

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM
12 years is a long time to wait for an unlucky streak to end, and I don't want a coach that has to rely on luck to win games or build a team.

12? 3. 3 years. 2005 the Super Bowl belonged to the AFCC winner. Pitt or Us.

The "Luck" is injuries. Every coach hopes never to be bitten by that bug. But McDumbass got as healthy an offense the last month and it still layed an egg.

Atleast with Shannahan we went through 7 RB, Champ gone for 3/4 of the season.

Dedhed
12-11-2010, 04:58 PM
12? 3. 3 years. 2005 the Super Bowl belonged to the AFCC winner. Pitt or Us. [\quote]So you're arguing that 1 playoff win, and a gift-wrapped AFCC game at home in which we failed miserably erases the 11 years that he failed to advance or even make the tournament? Sorry man, that doesn't cut it for me.

[quote]The "Luck" is injuries. Every coach hopes never to be bitten by that bug. But McDumbass got as healthy an offense the last month and it still layed an egg.11 years of fail because of injury? Really? Sure the offense is healthy, but we did lose our biggest impact player on the team for the entire season. Dawkins hasn't been healthy all year, and the OL has only been healthy for a few weeks now. I would never use that as an excuse for McDaniels' failure though, because that's soft.

Atleast with Shannahan we went through 7 RB, Champ gone for 3/4 of the season.So you're blaming Shanahan's 11 years without a playoff victory purely on injury? That's a great take. For what it's worth, I wouldn't want a coach who's cursed with the injury bug 11 out of 12 years either.

wandlc
12-11-2010, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=UltimateSoldier;3041695]12? 3. 3 years. 2005 the Super Bowl belonged to the AFCC winner. Pitt or Us. [\quote]So you're arguing that 1 playoff win, and a gift-wrapped AFCC game at home in which we failed miserably erases the 11 years that he failed to advance or even make the tournament? Sorry man, that doesn't cut it for me.

11 years of fail because of injury? Really? Sure the offense is healthy, but we did lose our biggest impact player on the team for the entire season. Dawkins hasn't been healthy all year, and the OL has only been healthy for a few weeks now. I would never use that as an excuse for McDaniels' failure though, because that's soft.

So you're blaming Shanahan's 11 years without a playoff victory purely on injury? That's a great take. For what it's worth, I wouldn't want a coach who's cursed with the injury bug 11 out of 12 years either.

I guess the victory over the Pats in 2005 doesn't count. I enjoy reading arguments when reasoning is based on selective memory.

TomServo
12-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Now i know how the colts fans felt about Elway. JILTED, he sucks, crybaby, bi tc*. im sure colts fans said "he will never win anything" "we are better off?"
Frank Kush didnt do 1/4 the damage McD did to our franchise

Gutless Drunk
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Looks like this is a no.

Turns out Orton was the coach killer?

baja
12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like this is a no.

I gotta admit that's pretty funny right there.

Even though I don't agree.

Gort
12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Now i know how the colts fans felt about Elway. JILTED, he sucks, crybaby, bi tc*. im sure colts fans said "he will never win anything" "we are better off?"

not really. by that time, it was just the very bad icing on top of the very bad cake being baked by the evil Bob Irsay. several months later, the Colts were stolen out from under their fans under cover of darkness. it was hard to blame Elway when we all knew he'd be better off in Denver.

TheReverend
12-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Looks like this is a no.

That was inherently obvious. He was going to get flat out cut by Chicago but Josh the disaster bonered up over him and needed to have him in the trade package.

colonelbeef
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM

Was Don Shula a failure because he was unable to win another super bowl after 1974?

colonelbeef
12-20-2010, 08:19 PM

1000% correct.

What Elway pulled on Baltimore was much worse, yet these same people crying about how Cutler acted all jerk off to Elway nightly

Gort
12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
1000% correct.

What Elway pulled on Baltimore was much worse, yet these same people crying about how Cutler acted all jerk off to Elway nightly

it's not the same. i was a Baltimore Colts fan. Elway was never a Colt, so outside of that first game between the 2 teams, it wasn't that big of a deal. the Colts went 7-9 that year anyway. it's not as if Elway would have made them much better as a rookie, and after the season, the Mayflower vans came and took the franchise to Indiacrapolis anyway.

Cutler was here. he was supposed to be the answer. we'd already invested 3 years in the guy and now we were expecting to get some payoff. instead, he throws a hissy fit and decides to insult the owner repeatedly by refusing to answer his phone. that's why he's gone.

razorwire77
12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
We're seeing "good Jay" tonight. He'll still drop a 4 INT orgy in the playoffs. Watch.

Pressure packed playoff game + a good opponent = The return of Frowny Cannon.

~Crash~
12-20-2010, 08:46 PM
We're seeing "good Jay" tonight. He'll still drop a 4 INT orgy in the playoffs. Watch.

playoff game yep I thought he sucked so much that he would never get to the play offs now you want to grrasp staws go ahead but at some point you will hit the ground pretty hard .:wiggle:

~Crash~
12-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Bears to get a bye then host the first play off game. broncos suck yep Cutler sucks

Karenin
12-21-2010, 03:14 AM

And the sad thing is that "good Jay" isn't even that good. 50% completion rate and 190 yards on 24 attempts? Yawn.

BleedingOrange
12-21-2010, 04:26 AM
I like how you leave off the 3 TDs and the fact it was in a 40-14 win with your yawn.

Jesterhole
12-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Bears to get a bye then host the first play off game. broncos suck yep Cutler sucks

But but but...Cutler said some things bad things that hurted my mangina after our douchbag coach lied about trying to trade him...so that makes him suck and makes me love professional mediocrity like Orton, rather than guys with elite skills...

elsid13
12-21-2010, 05:19 AM
And the sad thing is that "good Jay" isn't even that good. 50% completion rate and 190 yards on 24 attempts? Yawn.

You know how hard it is to throw a ball in those condition they played in last night? I was expecting both QBs to completion percentage in high 30s to low 40s.

Jesterhole
12-21-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm sure you would have lit it up out there in the snow...

Kaylore
12-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Mike Martz has done a good job working with Cutler to develop him this year. He's still Cutler, and will make a few throws every game that will make you think he's crazy, but he also makes a few each game that are crazy awesome. Around a very good defense, great special teams, and a solid running game, what QB wouldn't be successful, though? I'm still not convinced he's elite, but he's a good fit for what they have and he's taken to Martz's coaching, so good for him.

Quite frankly I stopped caring about him or the Bears after their first round pick was no longer in play.

go_broncos
12-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Hopefully, Baja or Popps will create a thread about how bad Tebow is..
This will convince me that he will become a great QB..

Baja, Popps and Mcd ...LOL

OABB
12-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Hopefully, Baja or Popps will create a thread about how bad Tebow is..
This will convince me that he will become a great QB..

Baja, Popps and Mcd ...LOL

Aren't you the poster who used to laugh at my moreno 1200 yard prediction that changed it to "great year"?

CEH
12-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Integrity. A definition of integrity is honesty. Funny this all started over what Cutler perceived as a lie told to him by Josh then the interpersonal communition between two immature Ppl.

Everyone thought it was just Cutler but now 20 months later one has been fired and the word "Integrity" was thrown around at the post firing news conference and Kuper's dad says it was Josh's ppl skills that were a main issue in his firing

Could this have turned out any worst. Best case is both go there separate ways and succeed. The worst is one flames out.

Welcome to the worst scenario. We have the worst defense in the league. A total start over after 20 months and maybe the 1st pick in the draft

elsid13
12-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Integrity. A definition of integrity is honesty. Funny this all started over what Cutler perceived as a lie told to him by Josh then the interpersonal communition between two immature Ppl.

Everyone thought it was just Cutler but now 20 months later one has been fired and the word "Integrity" was thrown around at the post firing news conference and Kuper's dad says it was Josh's ppl skills that were a main issue in his firing

Could this have turned out any worst. Best case is both go there separate ways and succeed. The worst is one flames out.

Welcome to the worst scenario. We have the worst defense in the league. A total start over after 20 months and maybe the 1st pick in the draft

Where did Kuper's father post on the McDaniels thing?

CEH
12-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Where did Kuper's father post on the McDaniels thing?

In the "I still know nothing" thread

Mixed emotions..Chris said he learned more about football in the 18 mos that he played for McD then the previous 20 years of football which says a lot about McD's knowledge of x's and o's. The things that hurt him was his interpersonal skills. He had alienated enough people that when he made mistakes nobody would try to defend or protect him and pretty much threw him under the bus without much thought. I think he will end up being a good head coach in the league when he matures. Right now he needs to find a OC position with a good team and continue to work on his people skills

Drek
12-21-2010, 06:52 AM

Not the worst case scenario by any stretch. We got rid of Cutler and got a king's ransom for him as opposed to giving him the big money extension he wanted.

You think Chicago's FO actually feels good about paying top 5 QB money and two first round picks for a guy they've turned into a slightly better version of '06 Rex Grossman?

jhns
12-21-2010, 06:54 AM
It will be pretty hard for him to get his coach fired as he is playing for a SB. Way to call that one "yes" votes...

CEH
12-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Not the worst case scenario by any stretch. We got rid of Cutler and got a king's ransom for him as opposed to giving him the big money extension he wanted.

You think Chicago's FO actually feels good about paying top 5 QB money and two first round picks for a guy they've turned into a slightly better version of '06 Rex Grossman?

What would be worst. We have the worst defense in the league , possibly the worst record and everyone is holding out hope we lose out for Luck or Tebow is the savior

Great . Results not longer matter. I think they are good with their decisison they have the #2 overall seed in the NFL after one year. Yes I would say they got what they wanted. We got Robert Ayers and saved money great , a fired coach and possibly the #1 pick. McD did nothing to improve the team with all his high picks

Give me a worst case scenrio if we have the #2 pick and can't trade out of it. We would give the #2 pick (non QB) the same contract as Cutler.

Suh Signed a five-year, $60 million contract. The deal contains $40 million guaranteed. Another $8 million is available through incentives. 2010-2014: Under Contract, 2015: Free Agent

Cutler 10/20/2009: Signed a five-year, $49.77 million contract. The deal contains $20 million guaranteed, including a $7 million signing bonus

Drek
12-21-2010, 07:05 AM
What would be worst. We have the worst defense in the league , possibly the worst record and everyone is holding out hope we lose out for Luck or Tebow is the savior

Great . Results not longer matter. I think they are good with their decisison they have the #2 overall seed in the NFL after one year. Yes I would say they got what they wanted. We got Robert Ayers and saved money great , a fired coach and possibly the #1 pick. McD did nothing to improve the team with all his high picks

Give me a worst case scenrio if we have the #2 pick and can't trade out of it. We would give the #2 pick (non QB) the same contract as Cutler.

We'd still have Cutler on that big fat contract.

The same Jay Cutler who plays his worst games on the biggest stage. You know, the guy who choked away three straight games to lose the division in '08. The guy who just a little over a week ago could have lead his team to a statement win over the Pats but instead put up his worst game of the season.

I said before Shanahan was even fired that Jay Cutler lacked the ability to elevate his game down the stretch and as a result was an inferior QB to those who could, like then rookies Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. To me that still holds true. If you financially tie yourself to a QB like Cutler you'll never win the prize and that is the ultimate goal, isn't it?

CEH
12-21-2010, 07:15 AM

The same Jay Cutler who plays his worst games on the biggest stage. You know, the guy who choked away three straight games to lose the division in '08. The guy who just a little over a week ago could have lead his team to a statement win over the Pats but instead put up his worst game of the season.

I said before Shanahan was even fired that Jay Cutler lacked the ability to elevate his game down the stretch and as a result was an inferior QB to those who could, like then rookies Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. To me that still holds true. If you financially tie yourself to a QB like Cutler you'll never win the prize and that is the ultimate goal, isn't it?

That's your opinion about Cutler. He's now two years older.

The good thing is we are about to find out as Cutler is now in the playoffs. and leading his team with a defense and running game into the playoffs.

We are possibly about to give a non QB $60 MM dollars. That might be fine if it's Suh but I haven't read anything close to the #2 being another Suh

I could see this getting worst . Cutler winning in the playoffs and we have a guy like Tyson Jackson with a big fat contract and no production

bowtown
12-21-2010, 07:19 AM

The good thing is we are about to find out as Cutler is now in the playoffs. and leading his team with a defense and running game into the playoffs.

We are possibly about to give a non QB $60 MM dollars. That might be fine if it's Suh but I haven't read anything close to the #2 being another Suh

I could see this getting worst . Cutler winning in the playoffs and we have a guy like Tyson Jackson with a big fat contract and no production

We won't be paying anyone $60M. There will almost certainly be a rookie scale included in any new CBA.

CEH
12-21-2010, 07:22 AM
We won't be paying anyone $60M. There will almost certainly be a rookie scale included in any new CBA.

Wont and then you say "will almost certainly" sounds like something you could definitely take into a court of law with. You've convince me well almost maybe

BroncoInferno
12-21-2010, 07:25 AM
It will be pretty hard for him to get his coach fired as he is playing for a SB. Way to call that one "yes" votes...

Cutler is riding the coattails of the Bears D and a cupcake schedule. They've had to turn him into a game manager in order to keep him from throwing games away. Hardly the kind of upgrade they paid for.

jhns
12-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Cutler is riding the coattails of the Bears D and a cupcake schedule. They've had to turn him into a game manager in order to keep him from throwing games away. Hardly the kind of upgrade they paid for.

LOL

A game manager that keeps having to pull off 4th quarter comebacks. I'm sure they didn't make their moves to assure a division title and playoff run...

Drek
12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
And he just **** his pants against a Patriots secondary that is, to be polite, very suspect. Different year same Jay Cutler. Lucky for him the Vikings fell apart, Stafford has been hurt all year, and the Packers have been giving the Colts a run for most injured squad in the league.

Urlacher is leading his team into the playoffs, again. Jay is just the guy who's not supposed to **** **** up.

How about Patrick Peterson? He is to CBs what Suh is to DEs or Calvin Johnson was to WRs. A freakish athletic talent who has developed all the fundamentals needed to play in the NFL before finishing his junior season. CBs get paid stupid money as it is. Using a 2nd overall pick on a standout like Peterson would be a fantastic move.

Also, both sides (NFL owners and NFLPA) want a rookie cap. The next draft class will not be able to sign until a new CBA is in palce. Therefore they'll be signing under a rookie cap. Those $60MM rookie contracts are about to disappear.

CEH
12-21-2010, 07:55 AM
And he just **** his pants against a Patriots secondary that is, to be polite, very suspect. Different year same Jay Cutler. Lucky for him the Vikings fell apart, Stafford has been hurt all year, and the Packers have been giving the Colts a run for most injured squad in the league.

Urlacher is leading his team into the playoffs, again. Jay is just the guy who's not supposed to **** **** up.

How about Patrick Peterson? He is to CBs what Suh is to DEs or Calvin Johnson was to WRs. A freakish athletic talent who has developed all the fundamentals needed to play in the NFL before finishing his junior season. CBs get paid stupid money as it is. Using a 2nd overall pick on a standout like Peterson would be a fantastic move.

Also, both sides (NFL owners and NFLPA) want a rookie cap. The next draft class will not be able to sign until a new CBA is in palce. Therefore they'll be signing under a rookie cap. Those $60MM rookie contracts are about to disappear.

Patriots in the snow are unreal. They has a combined score of 109-0 at halftime in their last 3 snow games. Let's make an strawman argument off a snow game. How about last night in zero degreess. 40-17. It's always somebody that falls down instead of Cutler stepping up.

Like I said let's watch what happens.

One is going to the playoffs and the other is sitting on his couch for Christmas
videotaping his kids

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:04 AM

And now we need to pay all of those picks, no matter their production, as well as another 1st round pick in Tebow and another glorified backup QB who just got an extension in Orton- oh and in the meantime the team has been awful and not taken in as much revenue due to less interest in the team, less merch sales, less attendance at the stadium.

Chicago feels great about that trade, they are 10-4 and in first place with a durable, playmaking QB whereas the team who lost him is now in total rebuild with no certainty at QB.

You of course hate Cutler and are lost, but what else is new

BroncoInferno
12-21-2010, 08:07 AM
And now we need to pay all of those picks, no matter their production, as well as another 1st round pick in Tebow and another glorified backup QB who just got an extension in Orton- oh and in the meantime the team has been awful and not taken in as much revenue due to less interest in the team, less merch sales, less attendance at the stadium.

Chicago feels great about that trade, they are 10-4 and in first place with a durable, playmaking QB whereas the team who lost him is now in total rebuild with no certainty at QB.

Cutler has been turned into game manager at QB, not a play-maker. He's riding the coattails of the Bears defense & special teams & a cupcake schedule. They just hope Jay doesn't crap the bed with turnovers.

jhns
12-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Cutler has been turned into game manager at QB, not a play-maker. He's riding the coattails of the Bears defense & special teams & a cupcake schedule. They just hope Jay doesn't crap the bed with turnovers.

LOL

Now he isn't a playmaker? Way to not watch football as you try discussing it...

Drek
12-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Patriots in the snow are unreal. They has a combined score of 109-0 at halftime in their last 3 snow games. Let's make an strawman argument off a snow game. How about last night in zero degreess. 40-17. It's always somebody that falls down instead of Cutler stepping up.

So in one sentence you pass off a horrible game by Cutler that got his team drubbed against a playoff caliber team as an exception to the rule, and then in the next accuse me of cherry picking examples?

Cutler beat up on the hapless Vikings last night. Awesome. Thats what he does. He drills bad teams. He has historically fallen short whenever he's asked to step up and win big games against good teams. He's had countless opportunities and has continued to fail.

We'll see if his defense can carry him to his first playoff win in a few weeks, or if he'll **** his pants as has become SOP for Cutler in big games.

BroncoInferno
12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
LOL

Now he isn't a playmaker? Way to not watch football as you try discussing it...

It's a stone cold fact. They've reined Cutler in so he won't **** things up for the D with turnovers. If you've been watching the Bears and have concluded otherwise, you are simply ignorant of what you are seeing.

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:23 AM

they weren't happy last year.

and if/when Cutler leads the Bears to a one-and-done run in the playoffs by throwing 0 TDs and 4 INTs, they won't be too happy this year either. instead of insisting that your BF is the greatest triple-chinned QB in the history of the universe, why don't you take a wait and see attitude like the rest of us. when McD started 2009 at 6-0, we all thought we had the next great HC here. a year later, we realized how terribly wrong we were. if Cutler can salvage his career after his first 4 up-and-down years in the league, then people will come around to your way of thinking.

i didn't like or respect that meathead Steeler QB, but he's now got 2 SB rings, so i have to give him some props. let Cutler show the rest of us doubters that he's really grown up and become a winner, and people will grudgingly give him props as well. until then, he still hasn't even accomplished as much as Jeff George did in this league!

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Completely false. If anything, the defense choked, not Jay Cutler. He had a bad game against San Diego, but played fine against Carolina and Buffalo, especially considering the position the run game was in at that point and the defensive focus being put on the passing game.

Guess who played horribly down the stretch last year and cost the Falcons a shot at the playoffs? Your hero, Matt Ryan.

In 2008, Flacco had a whopping 14 tds to go with 12 ints and 2971 yards. Can you feel the sizzle of that win?

In 2008, Ryan had a monstrous 16 tds, 11 ints, and 3440 yards. Look out, hot plate coming through!

In 2008, Jay Cutler, with no run game and an atrocious defense, had 25 tds, 18 ints, and 4526 yards, easily the best performance of the 3. Despite the teams' shortcomings, he got the team to 8 wins and the doorstep of a playoff appearance before injuries and lack of experience derailed the team.

Your argument is as porous as your assumptions are duplicitous. Holding Cutler up to some imaginary standard that Flacco and Ryan hold in your mind- really cute, but simply not based in reality.

We get it, you hate Cutler and will grasp at any straw necessary in order to back up your thesis. I am sorry to tell you that your hatred is silly, and your denigration of his game is unfounded.

10-4, first team to clinch a playoff spot and division in the NFC. He wins, McDaniels, the sheepish fans like you, and the Broncos as a team lose- both metaphorically and literally.

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:33 AM

so now your Bowlen's accountant and have access to the Broncos books?

ummm... didn't think so.

you do know that every seat at Invesco is sold. even if nobody attends a game, the gate receipts don't suffer. people already paid for those tickets. whether they use them or not, is irrelevant. also, i believe team merchandise is shared equally by all teams in the league. again, no hit to Bowlen's pocketbook. and something tells me that Tebow sold more jerseys in a week than Cutler sold in a year, so even if the Broncos didn't share their merchandise sales with everyone (and as i recall once reading, they do), they'd be making more $$$ post-Cutler. also, what's this about less interest in the team? how do you quantify that? from my perspective, people are talking more about the Broncos since the McD/Cutler situation went down than before. drama brings interest. just ask the radio sports shows if their call volume is higher or lower when a team is in disarray vs. running in quicksand at 7-9 or 8-8 like they were with Frown Cannon.

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:34 AM
they weren't happy last year.

and if/when Cutler leads the Bears to a one-and-done run in the playoffs by throwing 0 TDs and 4 INTs, they won't be too happy this year either. instead of insisting that your BF is the greatest triple-chinned QB in the history of the universe, why don't you take a wait and see attitude like the rest of us. when McD started 2009 at 6-0, we all thought we had the next great HC here. a year later, we realized how terribly wrong we were. if Cutler can salvage his career after his first 4 up-and-down years in the league, then people will come around to your way of thinking.

i didn't like or respect that meathead Steeler QB, but he's now got 2 SB rings, so i have to give him some props. let Cutler show the rest of us doubters that he's really grown up and become a winner, and people will grudgingly give him props as well. until then, he still hasn't even accomplished as much as Jeff George did in this league!

Here are the facts-

Cutler is in the playoffs. As of this season, people like you argued that he would never win anything. Guess what- you were wrong, and Jay Cutler is the divisional champ of the NFC North.

Now that the first hurdle is out of the way, your argument has shifted. Now he wont win anything in the playoffs- he will undoubtedly have a terrible game and the fans will hate him.

God forbid you are wrong, yet again, and he wins a game here.

Of course then your argument will be that he can't win the big one- but I will let you adjust your argument accordingly on your own, I feel dirty even pretending to have to be in your shoes

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:36 AM
so now your Bowlen's accountant and have access to the Broncos books?

ummm... didn't think so.

you do know that every seat at Invesco is sold. even if nobody attends a game, the gate receipts don't suffer. people already paid for those tickets. whether they use them or not, is irrelevant. also, i believe team merchandise is shared equally by all teams in the league. again, no hit to Bowlen's pocketbook. and something tells me that Tebow sold more jerseys in a week than Cutler sold in a year, so even if the Broncos didn't share their merchandise sales with everyone (and as i recall once reading, they do), they'd be making more $$$ post-Cutler. also, what's this about less interest in the team? how do you quantify that? from my perspective, people are talking more about the Broncos since the McD/Cutler situation went down than before. drama brings interest. just ask the radio sports shows if their call volume is higher or lower when a team is in disarray vs. running in quicksand at 7-9 or 8-8 like they were with Frown Cannon.

Derp.

Do you understand how important the parking and concessions are to team revenue, or do you think Bowlen is dancing a jig while half of the stadium leaves 1 hour into the game against the raiders?

Seriously dude?

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:37 AM
In 2008, Jay Cutler, with no run game and an atrocious defense, had 25 tds, 18 ints, and 4526 yards, easily the best performance of the 3. Despite the teams' shortcomings, he got the team to 8 wins and the doorstep of a playoff appearance before injuries and lack of experience derailed the team.

i still don't understand how the 2008 campaign was a feather in Cutler's cap to the Cutler fanboys.

the Broncos went 8-8. that's not a winning record.

on top of that, they were 8-5 with a 3-game lead on Sandy Eggo with 3 to play and they promptly went out and lost all 3 games.

if you're going to give Cutler the credit for all the victories, how does he escape blame for the losses?

i just don't see how the 2008 campaign showed anything other than Cutler being an up-and-down QB who was still making the same dumb mistakes he made 2 years earlier as a rookie. he had lots and lots of redzone turnovers as i recall.

CEH
12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
So in one sentence you pass off a horrible game by Cutler that got his team drubbed against a playoff caliber team as an exception to the rule, and then in the next accuse me of cherry picking examples?

Cutler beat up on the hapless Vikings last night. Awesome. Thats what he does. He drills bad teams. He has historically fallen short whenever he's asked to step up and win big games against good teams. He's had countless opportunities and has continued to fail.

We'll see if his defense can carry him to his first playoff win in a few weeks, or if he'll **** his pants as has become SOP for Cutler in big games.

Continue to fail?

So we went for Cutler is a scrub to Cutler can't beat the NE Partiots in the snow. What what does that say about Big Ben, Flacco, Sanchez, Manning, Rivers are they scubs as well? NE has beaten ever team they will face in the playoffs this year. I would say NE is really really good and even better in snow games. To me it looks like losing to NE is not something to be ashamed of and you cannot conclude anything from a loss to the Patriots

Am I saying Cutler would beat NE in a dome. No they are not as good as the Partiots so I don't even want to argue CHI will beat the Pats. Doesn't mean Culter sucks based on one snow game

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:39 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night in your little Josh McDaniels footsie pajamas my man.

Here in reality, everybody outside of your pillow fort and the McDaniels household acknowledges Cutler for what he is- an outstandingly talented QB who defenses have to adjust for, who has the willingness and ability to make the big play, and has a knack for winning games late. Oh by the way he is also the best offensive player on a division winning team, and the team who traded him is 3-11 and in the worst position it's ever been in personnel wise.

Keep dreaming brah, one day those fantasies will become reality

colonelbeef
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Everyone who agreed and voted with "Cutler is a coach killer" is served as of today, no question.

You were all wrong, just admit as such and move on. If anything, Cutler saved Lovie's job, and the guy who traded him just got fired!

Oh, the ironing

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Here are the facts-

Cutler is in the playoffs. As of this season, people like you argued that he would never win anything. Guess what- you were wrong, and Jay Cutler is the divisional champ of the NFC North.

Now that the first hurdle is out of the way, your argument has shifted. Now he wont win anything in the playoffs- he will undoubtedly have a terrible game and the fans will hate him.

God forbid you are wrong, yet again, and he wins a game here.

Of course then your argument will be that he can't win the big one- but I will let you adjust your argument accordingly on your own, I feel dirty even pretending to have to be in your shoes

what a bad argument you make.

Dilfer won a SB.
Hasselbeck took his team to a SB.
Grossman took his team to a SB.
Delhomme took his team to a SB.
Chris Chandler took his team to a SB.
etc.
etc..
etc...

Cutler hasn't even done what those guys have done. yet you're ready to annoint him as one of the greatest in the game for going 10-4 so far this year (after going 5-9 at this same point last year).

i guess i don't understand how this season suddenly catapaults him into the same category as Manning and Brady.

i don't understand your logic.

sure 10-4 is an improvement. finally. and he'll get a chance to show something in the playoffs. that's what CHI got him for. anything less is a failure for them. they expect to win a title or two before their defense starts getting too old. Grossman wasn't quite the guy to do that. neither was Orton. now they've decided Cutler might be. why am i wrong to judge Cutler by the EXACT SAME STANDARDS AS THE CHICAGO FO? you don't get to proclaim him as great just because he's passed the very lowest hurdle (for the first time in his career). at best, you can smile that he's now finally got an opportunity to try his skills at the next level, where he has to actually play a meaningful game against a good team. in the past, he hasn't measured up in that situation. am i wrong to say that? if so, please cite the specific meaningful games against good teams that he's won thus far. i can think of only 1 in his tenure in Denver that was in any way close to a playoff game, and that was the final game of 2008. you could argue that the 2 preceding games were as well, but those were also losses and didn't actually end the season. i suppose you could also say the final game of 2006 as well. that was a loss that ended the season and knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs as well, but Cutler was a rookie so i give him some slack for that. so let's say he was 0-for-1.5 attempts here.

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Derp.

Do you understand how important the parking and concessions are to team revenue, or do you think Bowlen is dancing a jig while half of the stadium leaves 1 hour into the game against the raiders?

Seriously dude?

again. do you have access to the Broncos books? because if not, you're just speculating. for all i know, the Broncos fans drink more beer now because they are so upset having to watch such awful football. can you dispute that?

;)

BroncoInferno
12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night in your little Josh McDaniels footsie pajamas my man.

Here in reality, everybody outside of your pillow fort and the McDaniels household acknowledges Cutler for what he is- an outstandingly talented QB who defenses have to adjust for, who has the willingness and ability to make the big play, and has a knack for winning games late. Oh by the way he is also the best offensive player on a division winning team, and the team who traded him is 3-11 and in the worst position it's ever been in personnel wise.

Actually, that is NOT the opinion of experts like Jaws on Cutler. That is just the opinion Cutler fanboys like you. Wipe the Cutler jizz off your chin. The overall opinion is the Cutler is that he's a very talented QB who makes too many boneheaded decisions. As a result of that, the Bears have turned him into a game manager so he doesn't ruin the efforts of the defense and special team. That's not an opinion....it's fact. McD has nothing to do with it.

Gort
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM

holy crap. after reading that, i've figured out who you are.

you are Bus Cook, aren't you?

you can fess up, i won't tell anyone. ;)

orangemonkey
12-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Jeez, give it up Drek, you sound ridiculous. So now the Eagles are a bad team? Cutler delivered 4 touchdowns against them in clutch situations. His 3rd down conversion and play in the 4th quarter has been spectacular, pro bowl worthy, since the bye. And as an self-proclaimed QB expert, no credit to Jay for playing good behind the worst line NFL? Right. Even Bellicheat said he's an elite QB this year. And NE destroyed the Bears offense AND defense early in the snow and never let up. Urlacher himself admitted their defense got destroyed early. You cherry pickin' fool.

But hey, are you still hanging on to the conviction that Orton is a more accurate passer than Peyton Manning?

BroncoBuff
01-29-2011, 03:30 AM

I think **** his pants wins.

Cutler all bundled up on the sideline like Burt Reynolds in 'The Longest Yard,' while the kid Hanie, against any and all imaginable odds, nearly pulled off a miracle. Packers had the game "won" twice in the 4th quarter only to have Hanie drag the Bears back into the thing. He threw a bad luck pick-6 to some D-lineman cutting across the passing lane - exactly the kind of mistake you can't really blame on a kid who's never taken a snap - otherwise Bears seriously might have won that game.

Only real play I saw Cutler make this post-season was the early long TD pass to Greg Olsen against the Seahawks. It was a beauty throw, but Lawyer Milloy's legs had more to do with it that Jay's arm.

baja
01-29-2011, 05:39 AM
As to the OP so far he's got Shanny fired and McD fired so that's two out of three. ;D

Drek
01-29-2011, 09:06 AM
As to the OP so far he's got Shanny fired and McD fired so that's two out of three. ;D

McDaniels got himself fired. If he'd embraced Nolan as his legitimate #2 here, giving him near autonomous control of the defense and empowering him over Xanders in personnel decisions, he'd likely still be here.

Couple that with getting a legitimate OL coach in to replace Dennison, drafting at least one or two DL prospects in the first half of either draft, and sign someone like Kevin Mawae to let the rookie OLs take some time to develop, and bring some real RB competition into camp instead of assuming Moreno and Buckhalter were your unquestioned tandem.

If McDaniels made those changes and those alone this team probably picks up two or three wins. If in making those changes we had a few lucky breaks (like finding a short yardage horse a la LeGarrette Blount) we likely finish .500 or better and he's still in Denver.

Hubris and nepotism doomed McDaniels in Denver, just like it doomed Shanahan.

Cito Pelon
01-29-2011, 10:20 AM
I still haven't figured out if Jay cried uncle and pulled himself, or Lovie decided you stink and pulled him.

baja
01-29-2011, 10:50 AM
McDaniels got himself fired. If he'd embraced Nolan as his legitimate #2 here, giving him near autonomous control of the defense and empowering him over Xanders in personnel decisions, he'd likely still be here.

Couple that with getting a legitimate OL coach in to replace Dennison, drafting at least one or two DL prospects in the first half of either draft, and sign someone like Kevin Mawae to let the rookie OLs take some time to develop, and bring some real RB competition into camp instead of assuming Moreno and Buckhalter were your unquestioned tandem.

If McDaniels made those changes and those alone this team probably picks up two or three wins. If in making those changes we had a few lucky breaks (like finding a short yardage horse a la LeGarrette Blount) we likely finish .500 or better and he's still in Denver.

Hubris and nepotism doomed McDaniels in Denver, just like it doomed Shanahan.

Dude you make some nice posts but you need to work on your sense of humor.

BTW Don't think anyone has forgotten you defended Josh on most every move he made right up until the day the was fired. Keep that in mind when you make the new posts pointing out all your new found issues with McDaniels.

OABB
01-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Cutler is a team killer, not a coach killer. If he wasn't so physically gifted he'd be out of the league. He just shows enough to give hope and than when the team needs hi
to play well he blows it. He is not a good qb. He could be, but he isn't mentally tough enough to do the work to improve. He rests on his gifts and will always be nothing as long as he does this.

He sucks, let's move on.

Drek
01-29-2011, 03:28 PM

BTW Don't think anyone has forgotten you defended Josh on most every move he made right up until the day the was fired. Keep that in mind when you make the new posts pointing out all your new found issues with McDaniels.

1. No, I got the joke you were making. Though in the eyes of many Broncos fans its actually true, they'd given up on McDaniels before he even coached his first pre-season game.

2. I still think it was a rash move to fire McDaniels, much like in retrospect it was a rash move to hire him if Bowlen wasn't going to stick by what he said he wanted in the organization's power structure. Long term McDaniels still has great potential as a head coach.

All the criticisms I have were there before. When he traded up for Smith I said right then in the draft discussion forum that I didn't like it, but that Smith wasn't a bad pick for the position we took him at. I said all this off-season that we should sign Kevin Mawae. I said before the regular season even opened that I didn't like how little RB competition he brought in, or how reactionary we were in acquiring more RBs when guys got hurt. Really didn't live giving up on Smith but pointed out that we at least got a guy who could contribute at TE in exchange for him.

There are a lot of things McDaniels did that I didn't much care for. Most of them have happened in the last ~12 months. I still think he managed some very good drafts that have us set up quite well when a well run coaching staff and FO are put in place.

Now of course there are people on here who can't even comprehend that someone might disagree with a move and still look for the rationale and/or silver lining behind it. Thats not my problem.

baja
01-29-2011, 04:24 PM
1. No, I got the joke you were making. Though in the eyes of many Broncos fans its actually true, they'd given up on McDaniels before he even coached his first pre-season game.

2. I still think it was a rash move to fire McDaniels, much like in retrospect it was a rash move to hire him if Bowlen wasn't going to stick by what he said he wanted in the organization's power structure. Long term McDaniels still has great potential as a head coach.

All the criticisms I have were there before. When he traded up for Smith I said right then in the draft discussion forum that I didn't like it, but that Smith wasn't a bad pick for the position we took him at. I said all this off-season that we should sign Kevin Mawae. I said before the regular season even opened that I didn't like how little RB competition he brought in, or how reactionary we were in acquiring more RBs when guys got hurt. Really didn't live giving up on Smith but pointed out that we at least got a guy who could contribute at TE in exchange for him.

There are a lot of things McDaniels did that I didn't much care for. Most of them have happened in the last ~12 months. I still think he managed some very good drafts that have us set up quite well when a well run coaching staff and FO are put in place.

Now of course there are people on here who can't even comprehend that someone might disagree with a move and still look for the rationale and/or silver lining behind it. Thats not my problem.

See there is one of them there good posts I was talking about ;D

I too think we are not as near as bad a shape personal wise as most here seem to think.

I liked (admired even) last years draft.

That first year was middle of the road and using a 2010 1st for the 2009 draft when we had not had enough prep time to evaluate needs or the talent available, well we had no business spending the next seasons treasure.

broncocalijohn
01-29-2011, 09:37 PM

Kinda like everyone who hated on Cutler right when he was traded to the Bears. Had no problem with him when he was with the Broncos.

baja
01-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Kinda like everyone who hated on Cutler right when he was traded to the Bears. Had no problem with him when he was with the Broncos.

I was excited when we drafted Cutler in fact we had a "adopt a Bronco" draft biased on board longevity and I ended up with first pick and I drafted Cutler as my "adopt a Bronco"

It was when his attitude became evident during the last three games of 07 that I started to have my doubts about him and by the end of 08 I was border line hating on him. I was thrilled when we dumped him for the boat load of picks. So glad he's gone, can't understand why everyone isn't.

Drek
01-30-2011, 02:31 AM

I honestly don't know why a Broncos fan would actively "hate" Jay Cutler. He's not a Bronco anymore. After months (or now years) of hearing people on this forum tell us how he's a franchise QB and we're now set back fifteen billion years as a franchise I enjoy seeing the wonderful reaffirmation of the truism I've known about Cutler since the end of '08. He doesn't elevate his game against elite competition.

Nothing to be ashamed of or to hate the guy for. Orton does the same thing. Hell, most QBs in the NFL do. But there's no point putting one of those guys up on a pedestal.

If Fox brings the defense and running game from his best years in Carolina to Denver then I'm all for one of those middle of the road QBs because thats all we'll need to win and no need to roll the dice if we're winning football games. But until we realize that level of success on the D and in the running game we might as well keep pushing our QB chips in to the middle and taking another toss.

Its not like it was hard to acquire Kyle Orton. We can get guys like him in FA or for reasonable trade value. In the meantime lets keep looking for a real stud at QB.

Maybe thats Tebow. I'm a big fan myself. But for all we know the next great Broncos QB might be Brady Quinn. The raw talent is there and you never know when the light is going to come on for a guy. Maybe we sign Caleb Hanie as a backup and he takes over. Never know. But we shouldn't stop looking until we find one.

baja
09-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Folks here didn't always hate Jay.....

baja
12-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Looks like he is moving in for the kill on Lovey Smith

That will make 3 head coaches and 1 OC he has helped kill off in just 7 years.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Looks like he is moving in for the kill on Lovey Smith

That will make 3 head coaches and 1 OC he has helped kill off in just 7 years.

How exactly did he get McD fired when he wasn't a Broncos?

ElwayMD
12-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Jeff George version 2.0