PDA

View Full Version : FYI - McD on Jim Rome soon

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Not a huge Rome fan, but he gets good interview... its all the inane nonsense that goes on with that show that drives me batcrap crazy.

Anyway, McD will be on I think in the second hour (11pm Mtn). So there it is.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Love Rome. He'll give us some love too, he's not a moron.

bpc
09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm sure he'll take the initiative of his friend, Jake Plummer, and try to get McDaniels to say something dirty about the Shanny regime... knowing McDaniels, he'll gladly take a few shots as well.

Oh well. Keep winning McDaniels.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm sure he'll take his befriended words of Jake the Snake and try to get McDaniels to say something dirty about the Shanny regime... knowing McDaniels, he'll gladly take a few shots as well.

sure it just chaps your ass that we're 3-0, doesnt it.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Love Rome. He'll give us some love too, he's not a moron.
Yeah, Rome isn't the regular kind of "I won't change my opinion" type of journalist, he can admit it if he's wrong and give credit. I prefer PTI (where they always make fun of that loser Kornheiser) but still like Rome's show. :thumbsup:

baja
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
where can this be found (interview)

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
i like jim rome too, hes legit and doesnt dig his heels in with his opinions like most idiots out there. we could win the super bowl and john clayton would say nu uh.

baja
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Is he on Sirius Radio

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 10:34 AM
quick google search, he MIGHT be on thefan 104.3 right now. listening....

strafen
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Here's the link guys!

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/standard_plr/audio_player.php?id=KKFNFM&playerType=wmp

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 10:38 AM
where can this be found (interview)

On your local sports radio or by signing up and streaming from http://www.jimrome.com/home.html

Or after the show is over clicking the play on the interview on the bottom right side of the screen.

Smiling Assassin27
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
i like jim rome too, hes legit and doesnt dig his heels in with his opinions like most idiots out there. we could win the super bowl and john clayton would say nu uh.

problem is that he comes off very pompous and brash in his takes, and then stays that way even as he's changing his take 180 degrees. he's a fun diversion, but he's all style and little substance.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
once it's over, can someone give a wrap-up? I can't listen at work...

baja
09-29-2009, 10:58 AM
On your local sports radio or by signing up and streaming from http://www.jimrome.com/home.html

Or after the show is over clicking the play on the interview on the bottom right side of the screen.

They want 6 bucks a month to listen to that ego manic. F**** that

bronco militia
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/listenOnline.aspx

strafen
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
One more time...

Here's the freakin' link for free!

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/standard_plr/audio_player.php?id=KKFNFM&playerType=wmp

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
They want 6 bucks a month to listen to that ego manic. ***** that

sorry dude, didn't know that! Yikes. I just listen on the radio when I can, but I can't really right now.

SoDak Bronco
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
has he been on yet?

SoDak Bronco
09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
nm..he is on now

baja
09-29-2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/listenOnline.aspx

Thanks BM It works for me which is a surprise because they usually cut the stream to Mexico.

bronco militia
09-29-2009, 11:20 AM
no problem baja....

pretty good interview...LMAO at the 'cat' story

broncofan2438
09-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Just missed it. Anyone wanna list what was said?

baja
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
no problem baja....

pretty good interview...LMAO at the 'cat' story

I'm liken the Ron Fields love from Josh.

I think Fields may have been the best off season pick up and that's saying a lot when you consider we got Dawkins and Davis which are huge acquisitions.

Mr. Elway
Normal stuff... but really emphasized how well Marshall has been doing. Sounded very positive about it.

bombay
About the only thing that Rome could get him to acknowledge beyond his even keel assertion that they take the games as they come and try to be very prepared was that this team is tougher and more physical than last season's.

Oh yeah, as the above posts pointed out he praised Marshall and Fields. Hey, Marshall Fields.

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I heard just a bit - had a phone call during most of it.

The first part McD basically denied that he was ever really aware or concerned with the drama surrounding the team or the pressure that was put on him by the fans and media. That he pretty much believed in himself, knew what he was doing, and put together a coaching staff and players that he knew and trusted and believed in.

Next part I heard he claimed that a big difference between the team this year and last is the fact that the defense is much more physical. This is really the only pot shot taken at the old regime, but from what we normally get out of McD, this mere inch of a comment could be taken for a mile.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM

The first part McD basically denied that he was ever really aware or concerned with the drama surrounding the team or the pressure that was put on him by the fans and media. That he pretty much believed in himself, knew what he was doing, and put together a coaching staff and players that he knew and trusted and believed in.

Next part I heard he claimed that a big difference between the team this year and last is the fact that the defense is much more physical. This is really the only pot shot taken at the old regime, but from what we normally get out of McD, this mere inch of a comment could be taken for a mile.

You mean, like "we were late to that dance"?

baja
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
The best part was Josh setting up Rome with some smooze that they always listen to the Jungle. Rome loved it and is still talking about "Josh" as he calls him (Told ya so ) long after the interview ended. Nice set up Josh, you the man really!

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Said we were a tougher team, because of the 3-4 and Fields, Davis and Dawk.
Good to be 3-0, did not feel the need to prove anything to naysayers, just wants to win basically.
He thinks "we know what we have" on defense now.
Doesn't pay attention to what is said "outside the building."
Said he had not seen much of Brady this year but would see him preparing for the NE game. Stayed in touch with him via text and expressed warm feelings and gratitude for the Pats organization.

baja
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM

He also said he was not worried about it because playing hard and winning would stop the hand wringing from the fans. Said he just went about his business of building a winning team.

bpc
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
sure it just chaps your ass that we're 3-0, doesnt it.

No, i'm excited for this weekend to see what kind team we really do have.

Cincy was a quality win, Cleveland and Oakland aren't very good. Dallas should pose more of a threat. I hope we beat em' down.

Don't worry though, you're a better fan because you wanted Shanny gone and voraciously hated Jay Cutler. Good for you. Enjoy all that.

Quoydogs
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Said he had not seen much of Brady this year but would see him preparing for the NE game. Stayed in touch with him via text and expressed warm feelings and gratitude for the Pats organization.

Well I don't like that one bit. Screw the patties!! Come on Josh you are a Bronco now.

baja
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Well I don't like that one bit. Screw the patties!! Come on Josh you are a Bronco now.

You want a guy that understands the value of friendship. Oh and he is 1000% a Bronco now.

Rabb
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I loved his answers on Marshall

I really like this guy