PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Power Polls

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
This oughtta piss you off. Fox Sports has us at 17 - below every single 2-1 team and just above the 0-3 Titans. Bengals at 13.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 08:33 AM
WORSE THAN RECORD: I'm very skeptical of Denver's 3-0 mark posted against Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland (combined 2-7), but the Broncos' revamped defense has still given up just 16 points in three games. That's impressive, even if two were against Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell. Still, get ready for the next three games for a more accurate depiction of Josh McDaniels' squad vs. Cowboys, vs. Patriots, at Chargers. THIS WEEK: vs. Cowboys (2-1)

Dukes
09-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Just ahead of the 0-3 Titans. Makes total sense.

baja
09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Ha ha ha Love it...

TailgateNut
09-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Just what our D needs to motivate them to knock the snot out of our next opponent.

We LOVE no RESPECT.

ludo21
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
We havent played anyone and we just slid by the Bengals. Its a fair ranking.

Next week we will find out how good this team is.

Crashman44b
09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
The Broncos are flying under the radar as far as the media goes, but you know they have the attention of the AFC/AFC west and the rest of the teams the Broncos play. Chargers fans wouldnt be browsing Broncos message boards and talking trash if we didnt. Watched Dallas last night. They aren't that good. They will have they're hands full with the Broncos.

Old Dude
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
(quoting from poll) WORSE THAN RECORD: I'm very skeptical of Denver's 3-0 mark posted against Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland (combined 2-7), but the Broncos' revamped defense has still given up just 16 points in three games. That's impressive, even if two were against Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell. Still, get ready for the next three games for a more accurate depiction of Josh McDaniels' squad vs. Cowboys, vs. Patriots, at Chargers. THIS WEEK: vs. Cowboys (2-1)

Actually, they are a combined 3-6. Oakland has one win. Cincy has two. Take away the three losses to Denver and they are a combined 3-3.

Broncomutt
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Dear God,

Please let us continue to fly under the radar for a few more weeks. This team is not yet ready to wear a bullseye. Hope all is well up there and thanks for everything, especially sex.

Sincerely,

A. Sinner

Beantown Bronco
09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Considering 90% of this board was in agreement that we should be a "mid 20s" ranked team in the preseason, and most of that 90% had us going 3-0 at this point, I don't really have a problem with 17.

If they win this weekend, you will get your wish and see jump of at least 5 slots. But be careful what you wish for. It's more fun to be the underdog IMO.

Mr.Meanie
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I love it! Let the team play with a chip on its shoulder.

Garcia Bronco
09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Please Continue to Disrespect The Denver Broncos..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 08:55 AM
I love it. Screw Fox Sports.

If we'd just barely gotten by Jokeland and the Mistake by the Lake, they'd have a point, but we slaughtered those fools.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Fox Sports rankings - 'cause it's ALL about the winning QB (that's all the comments refer to) ... not the defense causing turnovers, opposing QB's choking in the 4th quarter, or kickers choking on easy kicks. It's all about winning QBs! :puke:

55CrushEm
09-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Did anyone else notice that they only list FOUR teams as being "Worse Than (their) Record".....

NY Jets
Denver
Oakland
Cleveland

Wow, that's some disrespect.....

Hartley
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Actually, they are a combined 3-6. Oakland has one win. Cincy has two. Take away the three losses to Denver and they are a combined 3-3.

You know whats funny? If we win next week, there tune still wont change. They will just say we have only beat teams with a combined record of 5-9 or something.

Go Broncos!

bronco militia
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
I hate the BCS!!!!!!!!!

oh wait...

Rigs11
09-29-2009, 09:26 AM
watched dallas last night. their oline doesn't look that good. expect DOOM to have another big game.

Garcia Bronco
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
I love it when these clowns show the records of the team you beat and showing their combined record and list your wins against them as some kind of negative.

ant1999e
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
We havent played anyone and we just slid by the Bengals. Its a fair ranking.

Next week we will find out how good this team is.

Wrong. If we win next week the story will be how bad the boys are playing.

ChSuperStar
09-29-2009, 10:15 AM
joke is steelers being up in top 10.. idiots could not win against ****ler and bungles.

TonyR
09-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Its a fair ranking.

It may end up being accurate but I don't agree that it's "fair". Baltimore, for one example, has technically played an easier schedule that Denver. Are they also overrated? Why isn't their schedule being questioned?

strafen
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Homerism aside, we haven't beaten anybody yet
You can make an argument the Bengals are good this year, but it's not the same if we had beaten an 0-3 Tennesee per-se
Even though Tennessee may be 0-3, beating them would have carried more weight than beating a 2-1 Bengals. Makes sense?

So, this game against Dallas is crucial. I was actually pulling for them last night to have a strong performance, so they can roll into Invesco coming off a win
That's the type of team we need to play to validate our previous 3 wins
Go Broncos!!!

Mountain Bronco
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Even if we win this week, I don't see the rankings improve that much. If we win, wich is a real possibility, it will be a win against a team labled as a disfunctional Cowboy's team that is only 2-2 at that point.

Who gives a crap though as long as we are 4-0 this time next week.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
It may end up being accurate but I don't agree that it's "fair". Baltimore, for one example, has technically played an easier schedule that Denver. Are they also overrated? Why isn't their schedule being questioned?

because their D is better than ours, obviously...?

enjolras
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
We don't need to validate anything. Just win the games when they're played. That's all that matters:)

strafen
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
We don't need to validate anything. Just win the games when they're played. That's all that matters:)

Right. Not in our view, we don't, but the "experts" still not buying it 8')

TonyR
09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
because their D is better than ours, obviously...?

Probably. But is it so obvious? They gave up 24 points (but only 188 yards) to KC. They gave up 26 points and a whopping 474 yards to SD. And 3 points and 186 yards to Cle. Denver gave up 6 points and 200 yards to Cle, by comparison.

Look, I think they're better on both sides of the ball than us right now. But I don't think it's "fair" that our schedule is questioned and theirs isn't.

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 11:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=4

Some love from ESPN - they have us at 13. Bungles at 11, Girls at 17.

This seems fair. I know our sched has been relatively easy so far but you can only base the rankings on what you know so far.

TonyR
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Some love from ESPN - they have us at 13. Bungles at 11, Girls at 17.

A bit surprising. But again with the comment about our schedule, while no such comments for the teams above us who have played similar schedules...

Majik
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM

Exactly. And look at the Raven's opponent record total a combined 2-7, and yet Foxsports still has them ranked 7th, not one mention of who they've played.

Broncos, 3-6 opponents record, 16 points given up.
Ravens, 2-7 opponents record, 53 points given up.

:thumbsup:

lizzard123
09-29-2009, 12:16 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/e9y9vd.png

Steve Sewell
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
They will have they're hands full with the Broncos.

Indeed, they will. The crowd is going to be rocking for that one too.

Greybeard
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
WORSE THAN RECORD: I'm very skeptical of Denver's 3-0 mark posted against Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland (combined 2-7), but the Broncos' revamped defense has still given up just 16 points in three games. That's impressive, even if two were against Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell. Still, get ready for the next three games for a more accurate depiction of Josh McDaniels' squad vs. Cowboys, vs. Patriots, at Chargers. THIS WEEK: vs. Cowboys (2-1)

I would be, too, except that the Broncos blew out Cleveland and Oakland and
fought toe-to-toe with the team that beat GB and Pitt in successive weeks . . .

-----

Blart
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/e9y9vd.png

hahahahah

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2009/week-3-dvoa-ratings

Week 3 Football Outsiders DVOA. Broncos rated #3 overall, #1 on defense. They calculate Denver's remaining schedule as the hardest in the league, by a fair amount.

Like they tell us it's not a truly meaningful measurement at this point in the season, but it certainly validates that we have played extremely well to this point. It's also worth noting that we have outperformed teams like the Vikings who have also played a soft schedule.

Go Broncos.

Disco Man
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
That's just fine lay low and under the radar, Dallas is a 3 point favorite in Denver this weekend. Somewhat of a shocker as Dallas has not been that great as of yet in 2009.

Rock Chalk
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
(Football Outsiders Rankings below)
Baltimore played
SD ranked 20
KC ranked 25
Cleveland ranked 32

Denver played
Cincinnati ranked 16
Oakland ranked 27
Cleveland ranked 32

The combined records of Baltimore's opponents: 2-7
The combined records of Denver's opponents: 3-6

Yet there is an exception to Denver in the Football Outsiders column and they expect them to drop, but not for Baltimore and they say Denver is the result of an easy schedule yet Baltimore's is not.

****ing retards.

gunns
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Denver has done well for themselves beating teams they should beat and after the off season they've gone through, building a confidence off these wins. Keep us under the radar, most of it is media hype anyway. Those "experts" are dying to put the Patriots as number 1 and STILL believe they will before long. Yeah it'd be nice to prove them wrong, but they'll never admit it. They'll jump on the bandwagon and talk like they knew it all along.

uplink
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Please Continue to Disrespect The Denver Broncos..

Let hope this poll makes it to the broncos locker room bulletin board. Maybe they won't notice this article which would be a shame to miss such a good motivational article

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
That's just fine lay low and under the radar, Dallas is a 3 point favorite in Denver this weekend. Somewhat of a shocker as Dallas has not been that great as of yet in 2009.
Agreed, I like to be the last team mentioned, let everyone else look elsewhere. Yet if we were 1-2 it would headline news: "OMG, what a mistake they made in McDaniels, ... "boo" ... he sucks!"

Our schedule is soft to start, but we started 3-0 despite having a new coaching staff and throwing out 2/3 of our 2008 starting defense!8')

It's good to be a 3-0 Bronco fan in the home of the Super Bowl Champion (1-2) Steelers!:rofl:

Darkdoc
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
So in the "experts" opinion, the Broncos have played three more exhibition games than any other team, and everyone knows, winning exhibition games doesn't really count for anything.

Now the team starts the "real" season, and whadayaknow, now the games will count.

I really don't think the team and coaches care a f'ing twit what sports writers, talking heads, and various experts think.

I know it's been fun watching so far. The team has a touch of the lucky streak as well, and that is intangible in anyone's ratings. They are making luck through good preparation and work for each game. I gotta respect that.

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 04:40 AM
Figured I would add some more.

http://powerrankings.nbcsports.com/ - #18

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings - #15

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings - #13

And the best for last...the one based off concrete observable facts -

http://beatpaths.com/ - #1

BroncoInSkinland
09-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Selected quotes from the above sources -

"I thought JaMarcus Russell would turn the corner this season. He did: Smack dab into a truck called the Ryan Leaf Delivery Service. Nothing ever gets completed. Russell hasn't improved at all, and neither have the Raiders."

"Raiders' passing average: 119.7 yards per game. Next worst passing average: Cleveland (146.7). (Kuharsky)"

<TABLE border=2><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>15

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.orangemane.com/nflimg/bears_65.png</TD><TD vAlign=top>(Beat SEA) The Bears have a lot of beatwins for a team this far down, but the teams they beat don’t look so good right now. I think that Jay Cutler misses his offensive line from Denver. The Bears retooled this offseason, and it doesn’t look like it worked. </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>26

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>57.1

(4/7 – 3/7)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Lost to PHI) Speaking of Good, Not Looking So: what’s up Chiefs. I might not have been totally on board the Cassel train, but I still thought that trade was a good idea. Would not have foreseen a total collapse, which is not an inevitability but now seems possible. Which is the surprise. "

MOCRUSH
09-30-2009, 05:25 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2009/week-3-dvoa-ratings

Week 3 Football Outsiders DVOA. Broncos rated #3 overall, #1 on defense. They calculate Denver's remaining schedule as the hardest in the league, by a fair amount.

Like they tell us it's not a truly meaningful measurement at this point in the season, but it certainly validates that we have played extremely well to this point. It's also worth noting that we have outperformed teams like the Vikings who have also played a soft schedule.

Go Broncos.

Did you notice the special teams are ranked 29th? It sure seems like we are doing a lot better on that front this year (not giving up huge returns all the time) but then again we are not doing much ourselves when we receive.