PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Reid - Sack Question

outdoor_miner
09-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Sort of an irrelevant question, but does anyone know why Darrell Reid still got a sack when he was called for a penalty on the play (believe it was "Illegal Use of the Hands")... Just curious why he would still get credit for a sack.

Also - he has been a pretty solid contributor so far. 2 sacks, and I believe he also recovered a fumble in the Browns game. Looks like he's not playing OLB at all, though. Seems to strictly be playing on the line in nickel situations.

Gcver2ver3
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Sort of an irrelevant question, but does anyone know why Darrell Reid still got a sack when he was called for a penalty on the play (believe it was "Illegal Use of the Hands")... Just curious why he would still get credit for a sack.

thats a good question...

anybody know the answer to this?...

Inkana7
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Sacks still count if there is a penalty called. I remember during Dumervil's rookie year, he had 3 sacks against the Raiders, and one of them came with a penalty, but it stood.

NeverBeenToDenver
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
My only sack ever in 4 years of high school playing on the D-Line came on a play during which a teammate was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Still counted!!! :)

gyldenlove
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Also - he has been a pretty solid contributor so far. 2 sacks, and I believe he also recovered a fumble in the Browns game. Looks like he's not playing OLB at all, though. Seems to strictly be playing on the line in nickel situations.

Because the penalty isn't a no-play penalty. Essentially the result of the play stands and the penalty is then assessed to the result of the play (in my understanding).

DivineLegion
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Thats why the Raiders went from starting at the 10 on the play to the 15, Reids sack was on like the 2 yard line.