PDA

View Full Version : predict cowboys/broncos score

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
go ahead, makes your guesses.

im assuming it will be somewhere in the area of 78-3. prater bangs 82 yard FG as time expires to avoid the shutout.

hookemhess
09-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Heart: 24-21 Denver.
Brain: 27-17 Dallas.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm not buying into the reverse
mojo bit. 30-20 Denver. Carolina didn't test that weak secondary enough.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm not buying into the reverse
mojo bit. 30-20 Denver. Carolina didn't test that weak secondary enough.

this isnt reverse mojo, this is real life. ask espn.

rastaman
Broncos 24
Dallas 22

Pseudofool
[Shameless homer]34-18 [/homer]

broncofan2438
09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Dang, this is gonna be a really tough game. We need to really stop the run and be shutdown on the pass.
It could get ugly but.............

Denver 24
Dallas 17

Royal finally breaks out, Champ snags a pick

Broncojef
09-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Broncos 30
Cowgirls 16

baja
09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Denver 37

Dallas 13

Doggcow
09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
We will crush these ****tards. They are absolutely horrible. If Jake Delhomme wasn't terrible and an INT machine they would have lost at home to them...

brncs_fan
09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Cowboys 32
Broncos 20

Majik
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Dallas 13
Denver 27 Final

Lev Vyvanse
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
go ahead, makes your guesses.

im assuming it will be somewhere in the area of 78-3. prater bangs 82 yard FG as time expires to avoid the shutout.

You must be assuming Barber is not going to play again. How else are we going to keep them under 78?

bombay
09-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Denver Broncos 27

Dallas Cows 14

Cmac821
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Denver Broncos 24

Dallas Cowboys 17

McMastermind
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
With all due respect to Spider and the reverse mojo aspect....

Dallas is in a world of hurt if both Barber & Felix are hurting. Contain Witten and win.

McD has been preaching..."game plan to exploit the opponent's weakness"...Sounds like a coming out party for Neckbeard to me. Followed by a steady diet of running out the clock with Knowsh & Buck in the 4th Q.

Denver breaks 30 for the first time and Dallas equals Denver's previous 3 opponents combined scores.

34-16

Finger Roll
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
yeah 24-17 broncos sounds about right. Carolina has been making every defense look like the steel curtain

atomicbloke
09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
The game will be a slugfest.... will end in a 0-0 tie....

Majik
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM

:spit: yeah that made me laugh.

baja
09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Denver 37

Dallas 13

I gotta go with this guy.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM

the real question is, does either team get any yards from scrimmage? or will ball be stuck on 50 yard line for 60 minutes straight?

TDmvp
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I never pick , hope , think i know , look past , prejudge , or speculate before a game for fear I'll jinx it ....

I mean I still blame myself for us losing to S.D. last year and our off season cause I got in a pissing contest with my GF on the day of the 2nd S.D. game last year. By game time everything was back to normal , but i still blame myself a little bit ... heheheheh ... Damn karma nut kick.

MAN LAW .... NEVER fight for BS reasons with your GF on game day if it is a important game ...

With that being said I'll go with

team of 6 inch tall Ditkas 5 ... Cowboys 3 ...

when the 6inch tall Ditkas kick a FG it's just Legen~~~

wait for it.....

DARY ...

But really I still think me and her getting into a tiff cost my team a div. title , a hof coach , and a qb with a skill set you don't find often .

So if you are going to get in a simple fight over not putting stuff back where they found it ... Don't do it on game day ....

:D

DivineLegion
09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
1,700,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 11 Cowboys win...

Natedog24
09-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Denver 20
Dallas 17

I really think Denver can take these guys, especially at home...

ZONA
09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
If Barber and Jones don't play, I'm gonna lower the Cowboys score quite a bit. If either plays, I'll give them 7 additional points for that.

After watching the game tonight, that defense by the Panthers reminded me so much of the 2008 Broncos.

* Missing tackles left and right.
* Getting the ball pounded right down their throat with a very small dline.
* Big cushions on the WR's
* Not getting off the field on 3rd and long

Okay, so they did have a couple nice goal line stands but I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to slap Dallas for those. The defense wasn't an issue, it was bad play calling and even worse, sloppy execution on the offense.

I think the Cowboy defense is gonna have a much harder time next week. Today they could double cover Smith all day because there was nobody else that could hurt them. They won't have that luxury come next week. And the play calling for Carolina was horrible. I didn't see one reverse, or screen, or anything like that. It was about as Vanilla as you can get.

Broncos 27
Cowboys 14

Los Broncos
09-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Denver 27 Dallas -3

TheDave
09-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I have absolutely no clue... Seriously, my best hope for this defense was around 20th. As of today we are the best defense in the leage in both pts and yards.

Go Figure...

Lets look at the match ups:

Clady V. Ware - Clady
Denver WRs V. Dallas Secondary - Denver
Dallas front 7 V. Denver Oline - Denver
Dallas WR's V. Denver secondary - Denver
Dallas Oline V. Denver front 7 - Dallas
Orton V. Romo - Dallas
Special Teams - Toss Up

Until the defense goes back to their old ways...

Denver 17
Dallas 13

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I have absolutely no clue... Seriously, my best hope for this defense was around 20th. As of today we are the best defense in the leage in both pts and yards.

Go Figure...

Lets look at the match ups:

Clady V. Ware - Clady
Denver WRs V. Dallas Secondary - Denver
Dallas front 7 V. Denver Oline - Denver
Dallas WR's V. Denver secondary - Denver
Dallas Oline V. Denver front 7 - Dallas
Orton V. Romo - Dallas
Special Teams - Toss Up

Until the defense goes back to their old ways...

Denver 17
Dallas 13

wouldnt be so sure on romo being better than orton, atleast performing better. half the game he plays like ****. the other half hes making up for his mistakes. orton keeps mistakes to an absolute minimum and moves the ball pretty well. id call that a toss up too.

TheDave
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
wouldnt be so sure on romo being better than orton, atleast performing better. half the game he plays like ****. the other half hes making up for his mistakes. orton keeps mistakes to an absolute minimum and moves the ball pretty well. id call that a toss up too.

I was just going off of the last few seasons... looking over multiple years I would give it to Romo.

BUT...

You're right, if I just look at it this year they are a toss up.

Anaximines
09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Denver: 27
Dallas: 17

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Dallas 45
Denver -3
Ask me later what I think the final score will be as the above is for first half.

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
We'll win this game.

Denver 28 - Dallas 17.

yerner
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
denver 6-3.

prunch
09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
its going to be a low scoring game. Their run D ain't so hot and we will be running and short passing so dallas pass rush is not a problem. We will eat up the clock on them.

Our biggest worry will be them running on the edges.

Romo will be good for a couple of ints.

Denver 27
Dallas 17

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Heart: 24-21 Denver.
Brain: 27-17 Dallas.

Boom shakalaka.

uplink
09-28-2009, 11:49 PM
23-13 Denver
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Hogan11
09-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Boom shakalaka.

The feeling's getting stronger..........

UberBroncoMan
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Cowboys 320
Broncos 2

Fixed!

Archer81
09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Dallas 6,445,500,003
Denver -5.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Dallas 6,445,500,003
Denver -5.

:Broncos:

think bowlen will summon shanahan from the stands to take over, for a ratings boost?

Killericon
09-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Broncos 63
Cowboys 10

Quoydogs
09-29-2009, 06:11 AM
I think it all comes down to one thing. Can we get our running game established. If we can get it going the win should be ours. If it becomes a QB game we it will be up in the air as to who gets luckiest.

Bottom line. Denver 24
Dallas 17

BroncoInSkinland
09-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Grind it out game, mostly on the ground. Our D continues to step up, and Knowshon shows why the 1st round was justified. Red zone is a problem for both teams though, and at the end, the kickers rule the day. 19-16 Dallas.

Spider
09-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Broncos cowboys score prediction before kick off - 0-0 ;D

Kid A
09-29-2009, 07:01 AM
The good guys, 20-13.

55CrushEm
09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm worried about the right side of our o-line if Harris is out.......at least it's not Orton's blind side.

Rock Chalk
09-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Now I nailed the Oakland game.

So here's my prediction for the Dallas game. Bookmark this folks.

Denver wins by 13 and limits Dallas to a single TD and 1, maybe 2 field goals.

No Barber, no Jones, focus on Witten and our run defense has stuffed some good running backs this year. Our secondary is better than their WRs but I worry about Witten getting open over the middle.

Defensively, Dallas cannot stop Denver. Red zone troubles will again plague the Broncos though as Dallas has a beefy D-line and we won't be able to punch it in. We will get two passing TDs out of Orton but will settle for 4 Field Goals.

UberBroncoMan
09-29-2009, 07:20 AM
I think everyone is forgetting something.

Don't Cowboys ride Broncos?

Seriously, we can't win with facts like that.

I've never seen a Bronco ride a Cowboy except maybe in an old Warner Bro's Cartoon and that's FAKE!

55CrushEm
09-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Now I nailed the Oakland game.

So here's my prediction for the Dallas game. Bookmark this folks.

Denver wins by 13 and limits Dallas to a single TD and 1, maybe 2 field goals.

No Barber, no Jones, focus on Witten and our run defense has stuffed some good running backs this year. Our secondary is better than their WRs but I worry about Witten getting open over the middle.

Defensively, Dallas cannot stop Denver. Red zone troubles will again plague the Broncos though as Dallas has a beefy D-line and we won't be able to punch it in. We will get two passing TDs out of Orton but will settle for 4 Field Goals.

Have Barber and Jones been ruled out? I thought that even though he left the game last night, Jones was riding the exercise bike on the sideline.....doesn't sound like a guy that will miss the next game.

Quoydogs
09-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Have Barber and Jones been ruled out? I thought that even though he left the game last night, Jones was riding the exercise bike on the sideline.....doesn't sound like a guy that will miss the next game.

I don't know if barbar is out either. They said that he might play last nights game.

55CrushEm
09-29-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't know if barbar is out either. They said that he might play last nights game.

Yeah, my guess is that people are getting their hopes up around here if they're thinking that Barber and Jones won't be playing......

Don Flamenco
09-29-2009, 07:32 AM
28-3 Dallas

This thread is filled with very bad mojo

Meck77
09-29-2009, 07:33 AM

If the Cowboys had Barber last night they probably would have hung two more TDs on Carolina.

I'm working under the assumption he is playing. If we don't turn the ball over I don't see our D giving up more than 2 tds even with Barber in. On the flip side I wasn't that impressed with the Cowboys ability to light up the passing game minus Witten. Wade Phillips almost popped a vein in his neck last night with all their mental mistakes.

Broncos will win the turnover game and win this game in a close one.

I think we're going to rack up some huge rushing yards and Moreno breaking one for 50+ yards.

Broncos 20
Cowboys 17

*I'm probably totally wrong though since you all told me that we had no chance at the beginning of the season. We may not even have the guts to get on the field.

Broncomutt
09-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Game will go into OT at 20-20.

A field goal will win it.

Can't say who kicks the winning field goal as that will depend on the coin toss.

The mood on the Mane will remain the same.

If we lose McDaniels haters will feel vindicated for wanting him fired.
If we lose McDaniels supporters will point to the fact we took a playoff team from last year into OT.

If we win McDaniels haters will point to the Cowboys .500 record as proof we can't beat a good team, so McDaniels should still be fired, despite a 4-0 record.
If we win McDaniels supporters will be happy and the haters will not.

And if the Mane is any indication of what the mood in Denver is like, Orton will be booed loudly after his first incomplete pass. Orton, however, will retain his composure and act like a professional.

jhns
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Now that we are the greatest team ever, the biggest blowout record is in trouble. I say 105-2. Orton is the man and plays both ways. He gets 5 Ints and 4 FFs , while playing safety, along with his 11 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Now that we are the greatest team ever, the biggest blowout record is in trouble. I say 105-2. Orton is the man and plays both ways. He gets 5 Ints and 4 FFs , while playing safety, along with his 11 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs.

dont be stupid. you really, honestly think the cowboys are capable of tackling orton, let alone for a safety? he is a god among men.

jhns
09-29-2009, 07:47 AM
dont be stupid. you really, honestly think the cowboys are capable of tackling orton, let alone for a safety? he is a god among men.

Nah that came when he needed a breather(playing both ways and all) and Simms trips after the snap and tosses the ball 20 yards backwards, right out the back of the endzone.

Durango
09-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Game will go into OT at 20-20.

A field goal will win it.

Can't say who kicks the winning field goal as that will depend on the coin toss.

The mood on the Mane will remain the same.

If we lose McDaniels haters will feel vindicated for wanting him fired.
If we lose McDaniels supporters will point to the fact we took a playoff team from last year into OT.

If we win McDaniels haters will point to the Cowboys .500 record as proof we can't beat a good team, so McDaniels should still be fired, despite a 4-0 record.
If we win McDaniels supporters will be happy and the haters will not.

And if the Mane is any indication of what the mood in Denver is like, Orton will be booed loudly after his first incomplete pass. Orton, however, will retain his composure and act like a professional.

What a set-up by you clowns. I guess foreshadowing any disastrous outings creates a kind of firewall against any honest criticism of McDaniels.

I hope they don't happen, disasters that is, in part, and selfishly, because I'm spending time and money driving up from southwest Colorado to attend 3 more of these games. I hope the Broncos win out, but that isn't going to happen. I'm only hoping we remain competitive in this murderers row of teams coming up.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
What a set-up by you clowns. I guess foreshadowing any disastrous outings creates a kind of firewall against any honest criticism of McDaniels.

I hope they don't happen, disasters that is, in part, and selfishly, because I'm spending time and money driving up from southwest Colorado to attend 3 more of these games. I hope the Broncos win out, but that isn't going to happen. I'm only hoping we remain competitive in this murderers row of teams coming up.

we dont mind honest criticism you ****ing moron, because everyone on the team, even the biggest "homers" give HONEST criticism. the whining and crying because we arent a good enough 3-0 team and CONSTANT doom and gloom even though the team has been playing great is ****ing annoying.

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
we dont mind honest criticism you ****ing moron, because everyone on the team, even the biggest "homers" give HONEST criticism. the whining and crying because we arent a good enough 3-0 team and CONSTANT doom and gloom even though the team has been playing great is ****ing annoying.

Oh my, skippy having a bad day? And I do think I could probably out think you while drunk and heavily sedated after falling head first a hundred feet down a rock face, but that's besides the point.

I think 3 & 0 is fantastic, and if you travel back through your lengthy 6 months of Bronco fandom, you might even learn that I like Kyle Orton and believe he's the right guy for this system at this time.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Oh my, skippy having a bad day? And I do think I could probably out think you while drunk and heavily sedated after falling head first a hundred feet down a rock face, but that's besides the point.

I think 3 & 0 is fantastic, and if you travel back through your lengthy 6 months of Bronco fandom, you might even learn that I like Kyle Orton and believe he's the right guy for this system at this time.

im not talking about YOU specifically, im talking about ALL the idiots here who spent all summer telling us how bad this team will be and how we have no chance at being successful and the defense will be worse than last year etc etc. so blinded by the mcdaniels hate that they didnt even realize what was really going on with the team

jhns
09-29-2009, 08:14 AM

Yeah right... I corrected a stat yesterday without even saying anything bad. I showed that what I was saying was true, with proof. Again, not even saying one bad thing about the team. You know what happened? Like 30 of you homers(don't think you did) showed up and started crying and putting me on ignore. I was even posting many positive things the past few weeks. I just stated that the scoring stat everyone uses to bash last years team wasn't offensive scoring.

Another example would be our red zone offense and passing offense. They have both looked sub-par. If we try to discuss it, we are just hating and cutler lovers. I had a post that I talked about a bunch of stuff I liked on this team and then said something in it about a better QB making this a complete team and heard nothing but crying and how I am being put on ignore.

Nobody can say anything positive about last years team or have any criticism of this years team without a huge cry-fest following it. I have given up now with rational conversation here. It will never happen.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Yeah right... I corrected a stat yesterday without even saying anything bad. I showed that what I was saying was true, with proof. Again, not even saying one bad thing about the team. You know what happened? Like 30 of you homers(don't think you did) showed up and started crying and putting me on ignore. I was even posting many positive things the past few weeks. I just stated that the scoring stat everyone uses to bash last years team wasn't offensive scoring.

Another example would be our red zone offense and passing offense. They have both looked sub-par. If we try to discuss it, we are just hating and cutler lovers. I had a post that I talked about a bunch of stuff I liked on this team and then said something in it about a better QB making this a complete team and heard nothing but crying and how I am being put on ignore.

Nobody can say anything positive about last years team or have any criticism of this years team without a huge cry-fest following it. I have given up now with rational conversation here. It will never happen.

i have no idea what stat youre talking about, i assume it was corrected offensive points scored. did you account for 1/3 of our points being scored in the first 3 games and almost 50% of the points scored in only 4 games total, and after that being essentially anemic?

or, as i will assume, you just said whaaa they scored so many points. dont know if you noticed, a lot of us "homers" discuss football here all the time, including red zone problems etc. the difference is we dont whine and cry before we know what the problems are, now that we know the problems that exist they can be discussed. we dont turn the ball over near as much in the red zone this year as last year, or turn the ball over much at all. rational conversation is not crying about how much we will miss cutler who this year has repeatedly put his team in great chances to lose and is 2 FGs made away from being 3-0. you dont discuss football, you hate. you refuse to accept that good thigns ARE happening to this team and instead choose to foucs on where they are lacking, which is clearly not NEAR as many problems as idiots like you predicted in the offseason.

jhns
09-29-2009, 08:24 AM
i have no idea what stat youre talking about, i assume it was corrected offensive points scored. did you account for 1/3 of our points being scored in the first 3 games and almost 50% of the points scored in only 4 games total, and after that being essentially anemic?

or, as i will assume, you just said whaaa they scored so many points. dont know if you noticed, a lot of us "homers" discuss football here all the time, including red zone problems etc. the difference is we dont whine and cry before we know what the problems are, now that we know the problems that exist they can be discussed. we dont turn the ball over near as much in the red zone this year as last year, or turn the ball over much at all. rational conversation is not crying about how much we will miss cutler who this year has repeatedly put his team in great chances to lose and is 2 FGs made away from being 3-0. you dont discuss football, you hate. you refuse to accept that good thigns ARE happening to this team and instead choose to foucs on where they are lacking, which is clearly not NEAR as many problems as idiots like you predicted in the offseason.

See what I mean, no room for a rational conversation. Someone says something and your kiddy crowd cries. I corrected a stat. If you guys want to bash last years team, go ahead. Use real stats though. If you try to mislead with fake stats, I'm not sure why you all would be mad that it is pointed out. What does that say about your argument?

As for the rest of your crying. Again, I have posted a ton of positive stuff. One negative in there throws all of you into your tantrums. Even when it is true. Yet, I am the problem? LOL.... Grow up.

Cowgirl
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
looks to me like I'll need to cook up an extra size batch of crow for Monday.

Hotrod
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
looks to me like I'll need to cook up an extra size batch of crow for Monday.

Welcome to the OM Cowgirl.

One word Romo.......now go put the crow back in the freezer you dont need it this week. :-*

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
See what I mean, no room for a rational conversation. Someone says something and your kiddy crowd cries. I corrected a stat. If you guys want to bash last years team, go ahead. Use real stats though. If you try to mislead with fake stats, I'm not sure why you all would be mad that it is pointed out. What does that say about your argument?

As for the rest of your crying. Again, I have posted a ton of positive stuff. One negative in there throws all of you into your tantrums. Even when it is true. Yet, I am the problem? LOL.... Grow up.

how is looking at 220 points scored in the remaining 12 games not a real stat? they blew up in 4 games and did jack **** the other 12, how is that NOT a real stat?

Smiling Assassin27
09-29-2009, 08:47 AM
20-17 as Broncos somehow get to 4-0.

jhns
09-29-2009, 08:57 AM
how is looking at 220 points scored in the remaining 12 games not a real stat? they blew up in 4 games and did jack **** the other 12, how is that NOT a real stat?

That isn't the stat I corrected or the one I was talking about. That is your, "we can't talk good about last years team or I will cry some" stat. I am talking about what sent your crowd into panic and cry mode.

You really want to start an argument about last years offense again? I have no problem schooling all of you, yet again.

We had the worst defense in this teams history. We had a bad special teams. You are trying to argue that we won 8 games while also having a bad offense? LOL... I don't even need to pull up facts yet. That right there makes that entire argument seem rediculous.

You see what I mean though? Yet again, the conversation has nothing to do with this. One good thing is said about last years team or a bad thing about this years and you all will not allow the conversation to go on any longer. Why do you think there aren't rational football discussions here? It isn't all one sided like each side likes to think. All of you act the exact same way as those you constantly cry about.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
That isn't the stat I corrected or the one I was talking about. That is your, "we can't talk good about last years team or I will cry some" stat. I am talking about what sent your crowd into panic and cry mode.

You really want to start an argument about last years offense again? I have no problem schooling all of you, yet again.

We had the worst defense in this teams history. We had a bad special teams. You are trying to argue that we won 8 games while also having a bad offense? LOL... I don't even need to pull up facts yet. That right there makes that entire argument seem rediculous.

no one is talking about how bad the offense or ST were, they were awful. the offense was severely overrated however. they were either completely on or totally off. that doesnt win in the NFL, especially when you get to the playoffs. consistency does. you wont school anyone twisting facts to fit your position, the fact that the team in uncorrected scoring was 24th after week 3 is not up for debate: thats bad.

jhns
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
no one is talking about how bad the offense or ST were, they were awful. the offense was severely overrated however. they were either completely on or totally off. that doesnt win in the NFL, especially when you get to the playoffs. consistency does. you wont school anyone twisting facts to fit your position, the fact that the team in uncorrected scoring was 24th after week 3 is not up for debate: thats bad.

Again, we won half our games with the franchises worst ever defense and a horrible special teams. Of course it males sense to say we also had a bad offense. We just won 8 games by playing horrible in all 3 phases of the game. I am a Bronco fan and don't care if I make no sense. That isn't what we are about!

Oh and let's talk about this horrible collapse of the team. I know it had nothing to do with the following injuries. We would have played the same no matter what. Injuries to last years team: all starting Lbs, a couple of defensive backs (including the best one), a couple of d-lineman, a TE, a couple of receivers, 7 RBs (one of which was also the starting FB), and let's not forget the NE game when the QB got hurt in the first play.

I bet none of that had anything to do with why we got worse. Oh and the fact that the team made sure our defense saw the fewest drives against them in the league obviously shows the offense did nothing but put them in bad position. Even though the offenses starting field position was 32nd in the league and thet made up 16 places for the defense to have the 16th best starting field position. This offense punted fewer times than any team in the league.

There is nothing you can say that will ever convince me that offense was bad. They may have had off games, like all offenses, but thet were rookie-third year players. What exactly did you expect? Ig we got a RB and allowed that offense to grow together, it would have been one of the better offenses in the league.

Again though, that isn't dogging this years teams or the offseason moves. The entire argument about this team is that it is more of a complete team. I'm not sure why praise to last years offense changes that to you....

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
jhns, you are amazingly retarded, and your posts get worse every time you make them. you spin like fox news and will say whatever it takes to make a point seem real that does not exist. good try.

jhns
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
jhns, you are amazingly retarded, and your posts get worse every time you make them. you spin like fox news and will say whatever it takes to make a point seem real that does not exist. good try.

You only prove my point. Thanks for playin.

Pontius Pirate
09-29-2009, 09:48 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DPGRmKhXYkM/SlyiKvWFemI/AAAAAAAAAdE/eTl-hc9XKSA/s320/kool-aid-man.png

DenverBroncosJM
09-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I really think we are giving Dallas to many points...I see something along the lines of 20 10 good guys..

Dallas just doesnt look all that great

Rock Chalk
09-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Even if they have Barber and JOnes, Denver will stuff them.

Cowgirls suck.

broncocalijohn
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Here we go again. Why dont the stat hounds start there own thread to settle it once and for all. Make spread sheets, graphs, etc. to prove your opinion. THis thread is getting the worst mojo ever.

Broncos -6
Dallas 120

Rigs11
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
28-10 broncs. One of the scores coming from a fumble when DOOM knocks romo on his ass.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Line is Dallas -3

Man-Goblin
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Line is Dallas -3

Wow! I thought for sure it would be Broncos -1 to pickem. Crazy. That thing is going to go down.

Kaylore
09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Here's a repost I put on a Cowboys board.

My thoughts on the matchup:

You guys have a pretty potent offense; Lots of yardage and lots of points. Most of those have come on the ground. The Achilles heel there, if there is one, is the turnovers and penalties, many at crucial periods and the seemingly less confident play of Tony Romo. Did you guys know you're in the top ten for penalty yards? That's a dicipline issue and probably has something to do with Wade being notoriously soft on his players. I think when Romo plays within himself he does much better. He needs to let the talent around him take over and just take the big shots when they're there.

On defense the Cowboys are kind of enigmatic considering the talent. Until yesterday they were the only team in the NFL to not register a sack. Many came when the Panthers were in must pass situations, and against bad players like Jeff Otah, who I think is the second coming of George Foster. I think this lack of pressure is why your pass defense looks so bad. I also think your secondary is pretty soft and doesn't seem to do well against more physical receivers. They have struggled to get turnovers and it took playing a guy who is averaging three interceptions a game for you guys to finally get one. Overall I am not scared of your back four.

The front seven seems to be underachieving as well. They are statistically middle of the road against the run. And what's odd is that usually when one area of defense is weak, the other statistically shows to be stronger because other offenses don't try to attack it as much. You guys can stop the run when you want to, but it seems like you'll have a few good stops and then suddenly things break down. This is probably partially due to poor safety play and not maintaining gap integrity, but it has to be something of a concern. I think we all agree that the Cowboys talent-wise are better than they've shown.

Our defense is the exact opposite, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. They do a good job of making things uncomfortable for the QB. Nolan and McDaniels scheme to take away a QB's most comfortable pass plays and limit the run so it forces the QB to make throws they are not comfortable with. There are plays to be made, but they are not the first look and not to the most sure-handed player.

The back four is one of the best in the league, and some of our linebackers are really starting raise their level play, particularly Dumervil. That's half of why every QB we've played has looked pedestrian (the other half being we played the Browns and the Raiders, though with the Raiders we were trying to force them to pass because Russell sucks.) The unit plays solid across the board, but they are still smaller by NFL standards and can be worn down if you can keep them on the field. I personally think this will be your Cowboys' gameplan.

On offense we are better than we look. We've improved a little each game and are starting to come together. We rank 9th in yardage and 14th in points. More importantly we're tied for fourth in fewest penalty yards, and have only turned the ball over once. We're an efficient unit that doesn't beat itself or put it's defense in a bad position. Our offensive line is one of the best there is. Ryan Clady is currently tied for the longest streak in NFL history to not surrender a sack. Our RT Ryan Harris is injured and questionable for this week so that could be a factor, especially for a team that has struggled to sack the QB of late.

Special teams coverage is excellent. I'm not sure we've allowed a return past the 20 yard line yet. If we have, it's only been once. Our return game is another story. We have struggled to get many yards on returns, and while starting field position is decent, we aren't scaring anyone into thinking we're going to bust a long one. Our field goal kicker is hot and cold. He's nails from 40+ and ironically is less accurate inside the 30.

Intangibles: The Cowboys are coming off a nice win at home and that will boost their confidence. They are going to be on a short week and will be traveling. Wade Phillips through his career is 8-9 in games with less than a week of preparation and 3-3 in games after MNF. Interestingly, Phillips has never had to go on the road after a MNF game. Which I find surprising. So there's no track record there. I have a personal bias against dome teams and think they're a bit softer than non-dome teams. Whether that is true remains to be seen.

For the Broncos there is no history with McDaniels to judge him by with. Playing in Denver in always relatively hard because of altitude and the team's confidence is pretty high. Denver has an extra day of rest and practice, so that helps.

I think the game will be close. I think it will all come down to Romo being able to keep long drives alive and wear down our defense. If we stop the Cowboys on third down and keep the ball away from Romo we win. If not, we lose. It will come down to turnovers, third down conversion and rush defense.

Prediction: Broncos 20 Dallas 17

LonghornBronco
09-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Broncos 17
Cowboys 13

TheDave
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
My thoughts on the matchup:

You guys have a pretty potent offense; Lots of yardage and lots of points. Most of those have come on the ground. The Achilles heel there, if there is one, is the turnovers and penalties, many at crucial periods and the seemingly less confident play of Tony Romo. Did you guys know you're in the top ten for penalty yards? That's a dicipline issue and probably has something to do with Wade being notoriously soft on his players. I think when Romo plays within himself he does much better. He needs to let the talent around him take over and just take the big shots when they're there.

On defense the Cowboys are kind of enigmatic considering the talent. Until yesterday they were the only team in the NFL to not register a sack. Many came when the Panthers were in must pass situations, and against bad players like Jeff Otah, who I think is the second coming of George Foster. I think this lack of pressure is why your pass defense looks so bad. I also think your secondary is pretty soft and doesn't seem to do well against more physical receivers. They have struggled to get turnovers and it took playing a guy who is averaging three interceptions a game for you guys to finally get one. Overall I am not scared of your back four.

The front seven seems to be underachieving as well. They are statistically middle of the road against the run. And what's odd is that usually when one area of defense is weak, the other statistically shows to be stronger because other offenses don't try to attack it as much. You guys can stop the run when you want to, but it seems like you'll have a few good stops and then suddenly things break down. This is probably partially due to poor safety play and not maintaining gap integrity, but it has to be something of a concern. I think we all agree that the Cowboys talent-wise are better than they've shown.

Our defense is the exact opposite, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. They do a good job of making things uncomfortable for the QB. Nolan and McDaniels scheme to take away a QB's most comfortable pass plays and limit the run so it forces the QB to make throws they are not comfortable with. There are plays to be made, but they are not the first look and not to the most sure-handed player.

The back four is one of the best in the league, and some of our linebackers are really starting raise their level play, particularly Dumervil. That's half of why every QB we've played has looked pedestrian (the other half being we played the Browns and the Raiders, though with the Raiders we were trying to force them to pass because Russell sucks.) The unit plays solid across the board, but they are still smaller by NFL standards and can be worn down if you can keep them on the field. I personally think this will be your Cowboys' gameplan.

On offense we are better than we look. We've improved a little each game and are starting to come together. We rank 9th in yardage and 14th in points. More importantly we're tied for fourth in fewest penalty yards, and have only turned the ball over once. We're an efficient unit that doesn't beat itself or put it's defense in a bad position. Our offensive line is one of the best there is. Ryan Clady is currently tied for the longest streak in NFL history to not surrender a sack. Our RT Ryan Harris is injured and questionable for this week so that could be a factor, especially for a team that has struggled to sack the QB of late.

Special teams coverage is excellent. I'm not sure we've allowed a return past the 20 yard line yet. If we have, it's only been once. Our return game is another story. We have struggled to get many yards on returns, and while starting field position is decent, we aren't scaring anyone into thinking we're going to bust a long one. Our field goal kicker is hot and cold. He's nails from 40+ and ironically is less accurate inside the 30.

Intangibles: The Cowboys are coming off a nice win at home and that will boost their confidence. They are going to be on a short week and will be traveling. Wade Phillips through his career is 8-9 in games with less than a week of preparation and 3-3 in games after MNF. Interestingly, Phillips has never had to go on the road after a MNF game. Which I find surprising. So there's no track record there. I have a personal bias against dome teams and think they're a bit softer than non-dome teams. Whether that is true remains to be seen.

For the Broncos there is no history with McDaniels to judge him by with. Playing in Denver in always relatively hard because of altitude and the team's confidence is pretty high. Denver has an extra day of rest and practice, so that helps.

I think the game will be close. I think it will all come down to Romo being able to keep long drives alive and wear down our defense. If we stop the Cowboys on third down and keep the ball away from Romo we win. If not, we lose. It will come down to turnovers, third down conversion and rush defense.

Prediction: Broncos 20 Dallas 17

Who are you?

Kaylore
09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Who are you?

It's a copy/paste I wrote to a Cowboys fan. I realized if I'm going to waste the time type it out I should post it here.

TheDave
09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
It's a copy/paste I wrote to a Cowboys fan. I realized if I'm going to waste the time type it out I should post it here.

I figured that from the 1st sentence... regardless, good read.

Baby steps... ;D

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Did you know?

In the time since the Cowboys last won a playoff game, the Broncos have won 2 Super Bowls. Yes, it's been that long.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Did you know?

In the time since the Cowboys last won a playoff game, the Broncos have won 2 Super Bowls. Yes, it's been that long.

hasnt it been 15 years?

broncocalijohn
09-29-2009, 01:22 PM

you dont know what you are talking about. You are such a homer. Broncos suck. How can you like Orton, he sucks. McDaniels sucks. Your reports are such homerism it is scary. Broncos will win 3 games tops. Suck on that.

(Do you think this will be good enough to make Kaylore leave again or was it too obvious?)

BroncoBuff
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Wouldn't want to predict a winner ...