PDA

View Full Version : I Say We Trade For Kolb If Philly Will Let Him Go

RhymesayersDU
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Word, G.

azbroncfan
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
They won't trade Kolb it would be Vick that they would trade.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
How much would Denver have to give up in draft picks?

RunSilentRunDeep
09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Philly's not letting him go but don't just say trade for him. What are you willing to put on the table?

lex
09-28-2009, 09:12 PM
No way. Is he really THAT much better than what we have already?

RhymesayersDU
09-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Philly's not letting him go but don't just say trade for him. What are you willing to put on the table?

Fair enough.

I'd give a first, I think. The reason being is that it appears that the guy can play. And he's young. So I'd rather that option than taking a gamble on somebody who could be the next JaMarcus. Don't get me wrong, I do think we need to draft a QB. But if Kolb were available I'd jump on it.

With that said, the hard part is needing to see more. Despite his good play, the sample size is still extremely small.

WABronco
09-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Why would they trade their developmental QB? You really think McInjury is there for the next 5 years?

ward63
09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
i would definitely not give a first for Kolb!!!!

Kid A
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about how teams might try to take a run at him this offseason. Very similar to Schaub in Atlanta when Vick was the unbenchable starter. Still, I'd like more evidence from Kolb before putting a whole lot up to get him.

Very intriguing QB situation there in Philly. McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Garcia...what a strange QB roster.

Lev Vyvanse
09-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Fair enough.

I'd give a first, I think. The reason being is that it appears that the guy can play. And he's young. So I'd rather that option than taking a gamble on somebody who could be the next JaMarcus. Don't get me wrong, I do think we need to draft a QB. But if Kolb were available I'd jump on it.

With that said, the hard part is needing to see more. Despite his good play, the sample size is still extremely small.

Yea, he really took the reins when given the chance last year.

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
No way. Is he really THAT much better than what we have already?

Is that even a legit question?

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Please. What a stupid idea. Did some New Mexico cowboy kick you in the head? I don't know if I've ever heard of a more stupid idea. You were kidding, right?

Florida_Bronco
09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Kolb is the future there. Doubt they'll be moving him.

baja
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM

I think so.

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 09:35 PM
hell no.

the answer is going to have to come from the draft.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
It's hard to believe Bronco fans would trade a first or second or third or fourth or fifth or sixth for Kolb. Anybody that buys into that scenario is - I'm sorry - one ignorant fool.

bap454
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM

The Eagles moving Mcribb is more probable than Kolb being moved.

Broncos dude
09-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Word, G.

crazy.

Crushisback
09-28-2009, 09:53 PM
There is a long list of Backup QB's playing well in Rieds pass happy offense. I would say no. Let's lose some games before we replace Orton.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM

So does that mean.....McNab will be a Denver Bronco! ;D

rastaman
09-28-2009, 09:55 PM
It's hard to believe Bronco fans would trade a first or second or third or fourth or fifth or sixth for Kolb. Anybody that buys into that scenario is - I'm sorry - one ignorant fool.

If the only alternative is watching-enduring Orton.....we just might make the move.8')

lex
09-28-2009, 10:01 PM

Yeah it is. This wouldnt be the first time an Eagles back up has stepped in and done well, including Koy Detmer.

broncos-rock
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
No way they give up kolb as long as Reid is there. He has followed him throughtout highschool and College. Really likes the kid!

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah it is. This wouldnt be the first time an Eagles back up has stepped in and done well, including Koy Detmer.

Did Koy become the first QB in NFL history to put up back to back 300 yard games in his first two starts?

McMastermind
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I say we just go ahead and let Josh McDaniels decide who is best suited to be the QB of the team he coaches. Sound like a plan?

DomCasual
09-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Please. What a stupid idea. Did some New Mexico cowboy kick you in the head? I don't know if I've ever heard of a more stupid idea. You were kidding, right?

Cito, could you tell us how you really feel? It seems like you're holding back a little here. :)

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
**** that, I will gladly take Orton for the next few years.

OBF1
09-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Forget Kolb.... If we are dreaming here, which you are I want Drew Brees

Aftermath
09-29-2009, 12:33 AM
im down marshall for kolb!

easymobee
09-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Lets also trade for Billy Volek and Cody Carlson while were at it.

If we do trade for Kolb, we're gonna need to secure as a condition of the trade that we get to play the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs every week. If we can get that ..... sign me up.

bronco610
09-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Is everybody forgetting Brandstatter or how ever you spell it. He has the tools just needs to develope. Has a good release can make the throws, accurate. McD. comes from a place that likes those type of QB's. with out the prima-donna attitude.

lex
09-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Is everybody forgetting Brandstatter or how ever you spell it. He has the tools just needs to develope. Has a good release can make the throws, accurate. McD. comes from a place that likes those type of QB's. with out the prima-donna attitude.

Yeah, who is to say that Brandstater wouldnt be better than Kolb by the time Kolb would have learned the offense. It seems like if Kolb was really going to be special, they would have let McNabb walk last year. Isnt this Kolbs 4th or 5th year?

Baba Booey
09-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Draft our own guy next year. There are plenty of solid guys coming out.

watermock
09-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Kolb has played well. Probably too well for us.

UberBroncoMan
09-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Face it. Tom Brandstater is likely the future. He's getting the Aaron Rodgers treatment. He's going to sit around this year and potentially next... what kind of sucks is how old Tom is (turning 25 in October as a rookie).

I don't see us drafting a QB high up next year. What I do expect is us to sign Orton to an extension and likely wave Simms if Brandstater is showing the improvement needed.

That said... if Orton blossoms into a super start (seriously doubt it) then Tom might just be a perm bench rider waiting for an injury so he can do good and get traded the following year.

Tom has a better arm and mobility (ie. more physical talent than Orton)... he's taller too by 1 inch. If he can catch up mentally to Orton I see Orton going bye bye for a 2nd - 3rd rounder or something (if he has a solid year or two with us).

Cito Pelon
09-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Face it. Tom Brandstater is likely the future. He's getting the Aaron Rodgers treatment. He's going to sit around this year and potentially next... what kind of sucks is how old Tom is (turning 25 in October as a rookie).

I don't see us drafting a QB high up next year. What I do expect is us to sign Orton to an extension and likely wave Simms if Brandstater is showing the improvement needed.

That said... if Orton blossoms into a super start (seriously doubt it) then Tom might just be a perm bench rider waiting for an injury so he can do good and get traded the following year.

Tom has a better arm and mobility (ie. more physical talent than Orton)... he's taller too by 1 inch. If he can catch up mentally to Orton I see Orton going bye bye for a 2nd - 3rd rounder or something (if he has a solid year or two with us).

Could be. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Cito Pelon
09-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Cito, could you tell us how you really feel? It seems like you're holding back a little here. :)

I'll try to relax some, granma.

BroncoMan4ever
09-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Draft our own guy next year. There are plenty of solid guys coming out.

why?

why waste a pick on a guy to have to come in and make McDaniels re-teach his offense to, and set the team back at least another season, instead of allowing McDaniels to add onto what he has already taught Orton.

i could understand the desire for a new QB if Orton was playing like Delhomme, but he is leading this team well, has us at 3-0, and yes i know the defense is a major part of that, but if you believe our defense would have only allowed 16 points through 3 games with Cutler at the helm with his 5 INTs on the season you are crazy.

the fact that he is playing smart and not turning the ball over, being a true leader, taking the criticism, learning all he can from his coaches is a big reason to us being 3-0.

it is too early to say we should sign the guy long term, but it is also far too early to be looking for his replacement, especially when he hasn't done anything bad to warrant the discussion for a replacement.

TonyR
09-29-2009, 06:50 AM

It doesn't happen often but I'm with lex on this one. The Philly offense if very QB friendly and they've made a lot of QB's look better than they are. I remember when Miami gave up a 2nd round pick for A.J. Feeley in '04 because he played well for the Eagles and he proceeded to lose his job to Jay Fiedler.

Kolb has put up nice numbers in his two starts but if you watch the games he really didn't do anything all that special. The guy who has looked great for them is DeSean Jackson who was taken 7 picks after Eddie Royal. Kid is a playmaker.

BroncoInferno
09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Are we going to piut Kolb in the HOF after two games? NFL history is littered with QBs who put a nice series of games together before fading into oblivion. He'll more likely be the next Eric Zeier than the next Tom Brady. Also, keep in mind that Philly always has guys step in and play well, but none of them ever did anything of note away from Philly.

Steve Prefontaine
09-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Jeff Lurie, the Eagles owner, has a HUGE hard on for Kolb. He's not going anywhere.

Rabb
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
hell no.

the answer is going to have to come from the draft.

absolutely agree and even when we draft a QB, they resign Orton because his leadership and locker room presence can go a really long way to developing a young guy

hell I wouldn't be shocked if they stick with the status quo and keep with Tom B

Rock Chalk
09-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Im not on board for Kolb.

What I am on board for, at this point in time, is letting Orton have the keys to the Ferrari for this year and next, and maybe even the year after depending on how well he plays, while Brandstater develops. I think Brandstater will be a good QB, but he is a far too raw right now.

kdissette
09-29-2009, 08:11 AM
he had 1 good start...and at least 2 bad ones....lets not jump the gun....anyway i like brandstater he is gonna be good

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 08:17 AM
How do I do one of those facepalm thingies?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 08:20 AM
If the only alternative is watching-enduring Orton.....we just might make the move.8')

yes, because watching/enduring Orton has been so terrible. Pull your head out.

Orton is 3-0. Orton hasn't thrown a pick. Kolb had a good game against a ****-tastic KC defense.

jesus, you people are friggin' ridiculous.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Im not on board for Kolb.

What I am on board for, at this point in time, is letting Orton have the keys to the Ferrari for this year and next, and maybe even the year after depending on how well he plays, while Brandstater develops. I think Brandstater will be a good QB, but he is a far too raw right now.

^This.

cartel
09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
frustrating watching fans with no patience even when qb play is decent. he'll be here for at least 3 yrs so sit back and relax, whiners.

barryr
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
With the way he's playing, I doubt Philly lets Kolb go anytime soon. McNabb can't stay healthy and getting older.

Peoples Champ
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
i havent seen this guy play yet, is he really for real?

McMastermind
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
2009: 1 playoff win, Orton gets 3 year extension.
2010: Super Bowl champs
2011: Super Bowl hangover, 6-10
2012: Draft Barkley, have him learn under Orton in Orton's last year.
2013: Barkley and Brandstater duke it out for QBOTF.

:thumbs:

COWBELL
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Lets make the trade

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-29-2009, 01:35 PM
i havent seen this guy play yet, is he really for real?

He was AWESOME!*
He'll be a SUPERSTAR!**
He's a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK***

*vs Chiefs
**as long as he can always play against the Chiefs
***when he plays the Chiefs

/rolleyes

DBroncos4life
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
He was AWESOME!*
He'll be a SUPERSTAR!**
He's a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK***