PDA

View Full Version : How do you have it now after seeing 3 weeks of Broncos football

ZONA
09-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I had us going 6-10 at the beginning of the season because I didn't think the transition for the defense was going to go this well.

Now, I'd have to say going 10-6 seems very realistic to me.

Here's my 6 losses:

@ SD
@ BAL
@ IND
@ PHI
PITT
NE

Rabb
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I let myself be fooled early last year, I hate to be pessimistic but I am sticking to my prediction of 5-11

that said, I hope to God I am wrong and think I will be, but the schedule still looks as tough as ever and we have a ways to go on to be able to piss with the big boys

if we stay injury free, I am probably wrong by a couple games (I had us losing to KC in KC, because it is brutal to win there that time of year but they look terrible)

stranger things have happened though, go Broncos!

Mr.Meanie
I'll go ahead and stick with 10-6

brncs_fan
About the same as before. I had us pegged for 7-8 wins. I am more optimistic than before for a better season but I am still thinking 7-8 wins.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM
My prediction:

W= CIN, CLE,OAK,DAL,BAL,WAS,SD(h),KC,OAK,KC
L= NE,PIT,SD(a),NYG,IND,PHI

10-6

Rabb
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM
I definitely think we have a good shot at some of the teams I didn't think we could hang with before

Pitt, NE both are beatable and we get them at home, Washington is a bigger joke than I thought too

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
9-7 or 10-6 seems realistic at this point. I hope it's enough to win the division.

ScottXray
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
I said 7-9 +-2 before the season started. If the Defense can keep playing like this we could go 19-0. But I don't think that happens.

Upon further review I see 9-7 +-2. So I see two more wins than before.
If the Offense starts putting things together that could go up.

It doesn't matter who they are as long as we finish ahead of SD in division and conference games. A real possibility.

ZONA
09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
What a shocker it would be for SD fans, coaches, players and ownership if we made the playoffs and they didn't. I would think that Norvs head would surely be on the chopping block this time.

Doggcow
09-28-2009, 04:26 PM
We beat Indy.... Peyton sucks vs 3-4 Defenses, and they may have just lost Freeney.

BroncoDoug
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
i'm still sticking with my 7 to 9 wins I said before

boltaneer
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
What a shocker it would be for SD fans, coaches, players and ownership if we made the playoffs and they didn't. I would think that Norvs head would surely be on the chopping block this time.

That scenario would certainly make Norv's seat boiling hot but Norv might be gone anyway if he doesn't take the team all the way.

BroncoBuff
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
11-5 is certainly not out of the question.

ZONA
09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
We beat Indy.... Peyton sucks vs 3-4 Defenses, and they may have just lost Freeney.

If we keep playing like this I like our chances but Manning is more accurate then a terd aiming for the toiletbowl. You can have excellent coverage on those WR's and he will still fit the ball in there. I'm always going to count that as a loss and be pleasantly surprised if we win.

baja
09-28-2009, 04:41 PM
My prediction:

10-6

Up from 4 and 12?

listopencil
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Up from 4 and 12?

Is it?

baja
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Is it?

You tell me, what was your early season prediction.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
You tell me, what was your early season prediction.

No, you tell me. You jumped on my post like a crackwhore jumps on the last John of the night. When did I predict 4-12?

Br0nc0Buster
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Before the season started I predicted us for 8 or 9 wins

That is 5 wins out of the next 13, at this point I will be suprised if we cant pull that off

Meck77
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Most of the 3-12 or 4-12 people don't even seem to post much anymore and they certainly won't touch this thread.

I had us @ 9-7. We certainly have the potential to do better.

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
11-5, maybe 12-4.

Bank on it bitches.

ZONA
09-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Most of the 3-12 or 4-12 people don't even seem to post much anymore and they certainly won't touch this thread.

esp if we beat Dallas. We may not yet need to hire a cook who serves a crow dish but we can at least start doing some research on it.

Mr.Meanie
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM

I had us @ 9-7. We certainly have the potential to do better.

That's true.

btw... has anyone seen Rev? We would need to lose every single game for the rest of the season to make his "prediction".

oubronco
09-28-2009, 05:18 PM
No, you tell me. You jumped on my post like a crackwhore jumps on the last John of the night. When did I predict 4-12?

OOOOOOOOOOO Pablo :-*

SportinOne
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Under Shanahan, our team had this expectation to win and win big. I don't think we were made for close games. This team is the exact opposite, which is why I can see us beating Oakland again, KC twice, and San Diego once. Consistency is the key. If we continue to not make mistakes we will be in most of the games to the end. We have a shot. I will go with 8-8 but it could bounce 2 wins higher or lower depending on luck.

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm just sitting back enjoying it all.

I already said many time that I think these guys can win every single game. I see no reason to change that statement now.

baja
09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Under Shanahan, our team had this expectation to win and win big. I don't think we were made for close games. This team is the exact opposite, which is why I can see us beating Oakland again, KC twice, and San Diego once. Consistency is the key. If we continue to not make mistakes we will be in most of the games to the end. We have a shot. I will go with 8-8 but it could bounce 2 wins higher or lower depending on luck.

So you are saying some where between 10 - 6 and 6 - 10 way to go out on a limb...

bombquixote
09-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm sticking with 8-8. It's been a great three games, but our schedule still works against us. Three wins is long way from nine or ten.

rastaman
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
My prediction:

10-6

I see 3 additional loses involving DAL, SD, and BAL for 7-9 prediction. Also, I wouldn't get to cocky with WASH, so 6-10 is still a possibility.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I said 5 or 6, and thought they'd be 2-1 AT WORST after the first 3 games with a real good chance at 3-0. So they're still right where I thought they'd be at this point. When they hit 5 wins, I'll re-evaluate my position. Hopefully, I'll have to do that in 2 weeks.

Paladin
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Just getting KC and Oak gives a 6-10. Can you find four wins out oif the remaining 10 games? Was is not looking good. A split wiht SD is highly possible. That's 8-8. 2 games. Give me two games.......

baja
09-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Just getting KC and Oak gives a 6-10. Can you find four wins out oif the remaining 10 games? Was is not looking good. A split wiht SD is highly possible. That's 8-8. 2 games. Give me two games.......

Dallas and New England.

extralife
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't get it, didn't everyone think we were going to win these three games anyway? The cock riding on this team is getting a little nauseating around this city. Sticking with 6-10. Hope I'm wrong.

BroncoMan4ever
09-29-2009, 12:27 AM
i have been saying 10-6 or 11-5 all offseason and i am sticking with that prediction.

BroncoMan4ever
09-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't get it, didn't everyone think we were going to win these three games anyway? The cock riding on this team is getting a little nauseating around this city. Sticking with 6-10. Hope I'm wrong.

wow, Broncos fans on a Broncos message board and fans of the team in their hometown are optimistic about the team after a 3-0 start. something must be wrong with all these people, we should all have your attitude of suck for the team and be miserable. thank you for chiming in with your douchebaggery.

BroncoMan4ever
09-29-2009, 12:31 AM

Washington, Dallas, NE, Pittsburgh, all seem to be very winnable games.

extralife
09-29-2009, 12:43 AM
wow, Broncos fans on a Broncos message board and fans of the team in their hometown are optimistic about the team after a 3-0 start. something must be wrong with all these people, we should all have your attitude of suck for the team and be miserable. thank you for chiming in with your douchebaggery.

Have you read the papers? Everyone is ready to erect a statue. I mean, is that what it's come to? We win three games, two of which are against two of the four worst teams in the NFL, and we're supposed to be crowning people?

We were 3-0 last year, too. And when the schedule came out this year, in the midst of all the McD hate and the uncertainty and the Cutler trade and all that, most people still thought we should start 3-0. And around here it is literally impossible to even get away with legit analysis of the team's play without twelve people jumping in with "3-0" or GO CRY MORE DOUCHEBAG. Embarrassing.

BroncoInSkinland
09-29-2009, 05:19 AM
5-11 was my original. I thought we would lose one of these first three though, so I am up to 6-10 now. I am much happier about how we look while we get there. The D looks good, and as long as they keep giving effort, and getting pressure on the opposing QB, I am ok with the way things are going regardless of the win/loss record. All that being said, I could easily see my prediciton being way off, and us winning in the area of 10-11 games and taking the division. A few of the "world beater" (Pitt, NE, Dal, Phi) opponents are not as good as I thought, mostly due to injuries. It could be a good season, but until we actually beat one of those "good" teams I will stick with my (adjusted due to an already missed pick) 6-10.

Quoydogs
09-29-2009, 05:47 AM
I Have no Idea what are record will be, But I did want to put my two cents in on a few things. I think we win SD both times. They have looked horrible this year.

I think we are going to lose to Pittsburgh, They are going to be pissed about last years loss and I think there D is way too good for how our O has been playing.

Indy is a 50-50 If our D holds up like they are we should pull that one off, however there is now way at this point our O can keep up with theirs.

NE I think we win. They suck this year. Brady is scared of the game. Moss sould have a melt down soon.

Balt. is a loss. Man they have a very good team this year. Failco is playing great, they gave 3 great running backs and ray is like some kinda full out there this year, this may be one of his best year ever.

Philly is a strange one as well. 50-50 here. First I can't wait to see Dawkins he is going to tee off. On the other hand I don't know if our O can put the points on the board to keep up with them.

Dallas we should win after last nights game we should take them with little to no problem. They do have a big front four which could be hard on out running game, on that same note people are running on them. I think this game is going to be on Orton. We will see if he is the right man for the job.

Peace

Jesterhole
09-29-2009, 06:12 AM
The schedule doesn't give us a great shot at anything over 8-8.

BroncoInSkinland
09-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Dallas we should win after last nights game we should take them with little to no problem. They do have a big front four which could be hard on out running game, on that same note people are running on them. I think this game is going to be on Orton. We will see if he is the right man for the job.

I think to run on them we need to hit the outside. I also think Buckhalter and Moreno are capable of that type of running game, so it should be interesting. It would help if we could establish a deep threat early on to keep thier DB's honest.

Spider
09-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I said 10-6 from the get go ............ wins would be ugly , 60 minutes of football all 3 phases ........ thats what we got , though now I say 11-5 and playoffs

Man-Goblin
09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
I think I said 8-8, only because it's almost impossible to predict how a new regime's philosophy is going to transition to the field. Still seems about right, plus or minus a game.

But I will say this; if the Broncos can win 2 of the next 3, and be 5-1 heading to Baltimore, you have no choice but to re-evaluate and stamp this team as legit. At that point, I would say it would be a disappointment to not make the playoffs.

Dukes
09-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I had us at 6 before. 9-10 now. But I wouldn't be surprised if we win 11

Durango
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I was thinking 5-6 wins during pre-season although there's always that 'on any given Sunday' game somewhere in there, now I would think 7-8 wins with this schedule would be honest.

jhns
09-29-2009, 07:44 AM
We have Kyle Orton. 19-0.

BroncoMan4ever
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Have you read the papers? Everyone is ready to erect a statue. I mean, is that what it's come to? We win three games, two of which are against two of the four worst teams in the NFL, and we're supposed to be crowning people?

We were 3-0 last year, too. And when the schedule came out this year, in the midst of all the McD hate and the uncertainty and the Cutler trade and all that, most people still thought we should start 3-0. And around here it is literally impossible to even get away with legit analysis of the team's play without twelve people jumping in with "3-0" or GO CRY MORE DOUCHEBAG. Embarrassing.

i'm not saying some people are not prematurely jumping on the bandwagon proclaiming we are the greatest team in the league, but what i am saying is, after this offseason, very few people would have predicted 3-0 to start the season regardless of the competition, and since it happened, just enjoy it. you don't always have to be a downer. allow people their optimism about the team.

Eldorado
09-29-2009, 01:19 PM

When is the last time you even attempted this? I went looking and couldn't find one post.

McMastermind
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Same as I've always had it. 10-6 minimum.

2-0 vs. Ohio

4-2 vs. AFCW (split SD, sweep Oak, split KC)

2-2 vs. NFCE (beat Dalls & Wash, lose to Philly and NYG)

2-2 vs. Indy/Balt/Pitt/NE (beat NE & Pitt, lose to Indy & Balt.)

Potential +1's include beat KC on the road, and maybe trap NYG on Turkey day.
Potential -1's include losing to NE & Pitt at home.

DeusExManning
09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
14-2 one loss to Ravens and one to the Chargers. Best offensive line in football, one of the best WR corps, best TE combo, Top 5 defense, top rushing offense in the league.

thinkin101
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I started with 5-11. I feel slightly more optimistic now so I'm gonna stretch and say 6-10. Here comes the meat of our schedule. Now we'll see what we're made of.

listopencil
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM

IIRC I was thinking we'd be about 8-8. I thought the O would get a better start but that the D wasn't going to be as good as they are. Our Defense has saved games for us and the O looks like it's starting to click so...10-6.

baja
09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
we need a list ;D