PDA

View Full Version : My Official And One And Only NFL Rant

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
**** ESPN.

Michael Vick was a non-factor and didn't do **** in his game. Meanwhile the pundits that predicted the Broncos to win 3 games ALL SEASON and had a "garbage" front seven have yet to retract a single ****ign thing about the Broncos. I don't care who we beat or how bad the teams were or how lucky. I want some god damn acknowledgement. We had a 30 second clip on NFL Gameday Final, then it was more Favre, more Vick, more Brady.

You know what, **** y'all. I want video highlights and some god damn recognition. I pay for these ****ing channels to get news and info about my team not the ****ing east coast teams 100% all of the god damn time. I dont give a **** if Baltimore beat down the Browns. Why is it so special when they do it but not when we do it? WTF is that all about? Why is it the Raiders are a good team that went toe to toe with SD in week 1 but when Denver clobbers them they are the worst ****ing team in NFL history?

Honestly, its starting to piss me off. Yeah teh Browns and Raiders are ****ty teams. When Denver beats them. When someone else beats them its because that someone else is the ****ing awesome-est team evar! Mother ****ing cock sucking east coast douche bags.

/ Mother ****ing rant.

Eldorado
09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
1st!11

Chris
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I want a superbowl.

BlaK-Argentina
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
LOL

So true. They barely showed highlights from our games the past two weeks.

Natedog24
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
:espnsux::espnsux::espnsux:

Lev Vyvanse
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
We had a 30 second clip on NFL Gameday Final, then it was more Favre, more Vick, more Brady.

Did you hear Sanders comment before the clip? “Are we contractually obligated to show this” What an a-hole.

atomicbloke
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Because Denver is a cow town in the middle of nowhere and all its inhabitants survive on food stamps.

WolfpackGuy
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Vick didn't do anything other than get LIT THE **** UP twice.

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:48 AM
**** ESPN.

Michael Vick was a non-factor and didn't do **** in his game. Meanwhile the pundits that predicted the Broncos to win 3 games ALL SEASON and had a "garbage" front seven have yet to retract a single ****ign thing about the Broncos. I don't care who we beat or how bad the teams were or how lucky. I want some god damn acknowledgement. We had a 30 second clip on NFL Gameday Final, then it was more Favre, more Vick, more Brady.

You know what, **** y'all. I want video highlights and some god damn recognition. I pay for these ****ing channels to get news and info about my team not the ****ing east coast teams 100% all of the god damn time. I dont give a **** if Baltimore beat down the Browns. Why is it so special when they do it but not when we do it? WTF is that all about? Why is it the Raiders are a good team that went toe to toe with SD in week 1 but when Denver clobbers them they are the worst ****ing team in NFL history?

Honestly, its starting to piss me off. Yeah teh Browns and Raiders are ****ty teams. When Denver beats them. When someone else beats them its because that someone else is the ****ing awesome-est team evar! Mother ****ing cock sucking east coast douche bags.

/ Mother ****ing rant.

cannot agree more. :thumbsup:

Inkana7
Yeah! **** 'em!

Garcia Bronco
****'em. You want to have fun. Go to NFL.com and watch the highlights from yesterdays game. The audio comes from the broadcast team for the team winning the highlight. The Raiders had 3 from their broadcast team. If we keep playing like we do those whores will be forced to talk about us. But they know. Rodney Harrison knows for example.

Ironlung
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
The Blitz showed the Moreno td only.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I figured they'd be too busy showing Favre's last second TD pass (which was a phenomenal catch, yet the receiver is getting next to no recognition) on a continuous loop to show anything else anyway.

Ironlung
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
****'em. You want to have fun. Go to NFL.com and watch the highlights from yesterdays game. The audio comes from the broadcast team for the team winning the highlight. The Raiders had 3 from their broadcast team. If we keep playing like we do those whores will be forced to talk about us. But they know. Rodney Harrison knows for example.

This. The NFL Films highlights are the only way to go.

houghtam
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
This was news to me, but only because I haven't watched ESPN aside from MNF in months.

I suggest you all do the same.

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
On Sunday,I just tried to see when we come up on ESPN and finally gave up and saw we were on Final Score (FOX) in upcoming segment. I like the future tags they put on the left part of the screen but seemed nothing from ESPN. Yes, no respect and they have to jam baseball into their broadcast (which I understand). Once November comes around, it will be easier..... as long as we keep winning. NFL network might be better and ESPN NEWS has the monday QB show with the press conferences from around the league.

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
ESPN, NFL Network, whatever.

Dude BOTH of my football teams get no god damn love. I wait every saturday night to see a clip or some kind of quip about my Kansas Jayhawks but never a ****ing thing. Instead they'd rather show Tebow getting the **** knocked out of him over and over again (and while I do enjoy seeing that overrated POS Tebow getting wacked - though do not wish any injury on him - I still want to see some highlights of a TOP 25 TEAM dammit).

enjolras
09-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Denver had plenty of coverage when we won superbowls.

The last two weeks have been terrible games. The Broncos summarily destroyed both the Browns and the Raiders. There isn't really anything to talk about.

Beat the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, and Ravens... you'll get more Broncos coverage than we can handle:)

TailgateNut
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
**** ESPN.

/ Mother ****ing rant.

Don't hold back.:~ohyah!:

The ****ing dog killer, Mr. heartrob and Mr. "I've retired more than any other QB" are Newsmakers. Let them have their Limelight.

The media, experts and announcers are all A$$kissers.

How 'bout Shannon predicting a Bronco Loss yesterday. ****ing traitor.

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Really enjolras? Why is it the Ravens got lots of coverage for destroying the same Browns team?

Try again.

DarkHorse30
09-28-2009, 11:01 AM
cowherder keeps making points....and then has to say "except for the broncos" every single time. They can't admit mistakes, because most of them are COMPLETE idiots.

I'm just waiting for ESPN and the major networks to put the brakes on NFLredzone. It WILL happen, trust me.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
thats what i was twittering with mark schlereth about, he claimed he never said the broncos defense was garbage or was making fun of the front 7. even though multiple people said he did.

the media spent all summer talking about how bad the team is, now instead of eating crow they are just not acknowledging the team at all

2KBack
09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I guarantee if Denver beats Dallas this week, all the coverage will be about what is wrong with the Cowboys, not what is right about the Broncos.

Rohirrim
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM
ESPN, NFL Network, whatever.

Dude BOTH of my football teams get no god damn love. I wait every saturday night to see a clip or some kind of quip about my Kansas Jayhawks but never a ****ing thing. Instead they'd rather show Tebow getting the **** knocked out of him over and over again (and while I do enjoy seeing that overrated POS Tebow getting wacked - though do not wish any injury on him - I still want to see some highlights of a TOP 25 TEAM dammit).

Kansas Jayhawks? Try being a CU Buffs fan.

Orange_Beard
09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I am to the point where I don't watch any of it. It's all horse ****.

I don't need to listen to some half wit telling me what I am seeing. The highlights are all cut up to prove a point, to make one team/player look great, to make games look close. It's BS.

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Kansas Jayhawks? Try being a CU Buffs fan.

Why on Earth would I be a buffs fan? They suck at everythign except smoking pot and skiing.

ColoradoDarin
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
thats what i was twittering with mark schlereth about, he claimed he never said the broncos defense was garbage or was making fun of the front 7. even though multiple people said he did.

the media spent all summer talking about how bad the team is, now instead of eating crow they are just not acknowledging the team at all

Document it and shove their words right down their throats. For example: "Denver rookie head coach Josh McDaniels doesn't have a grasp on how to build a team." - John Clayton, April 23rd, 2009.

As BDawk said (paraphrased) "If they aren't giving you respect, TAKE IT." They don't want to be held accountable for their words, we'll MAKE THEM EAT IT.

Rohirrim
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Why on Earth would I be a buffs fan? They suck at everythign except smoking pot and skiing.

We've just got to figure out a way to translate our skills to the football field. :puff:

Orange_Beard
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Now there are 2 things worth being great at.

Kid A
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
**** ESPN.

/ Mother ****ing rant.

Normally I'm leery of "the media is biased against us" talk, but I'm on board with this. Particularly the bolded part. While the NFL may not have preseason polls like NCAA, the preseason expectations do seem to color the analysis for most the season.

Williams
09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Showing the Broncos whooping on other teams to start off 3-0 demonstrates the incompetence of their "experts" who predicted a 2-14 finish. Not a good look for ESPN. Why eat crow when they can look smart by showing highlights of the (elite) Ravens taking it to the Browns.

So, yeah... **** ESPN.

gunns
09-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Really enjolras? Why is it the Ravens got lots of coverage for destroying the same Browns team?

Try again.

Because the Ravens "look good". All of those announcers have dogged on the Broncos all off season and now do not want to admit their mistake. They are waiting for the Broncos to implode so they can say, "told ya so". If the Broncos keep on the way they have been, the announcers will all suddenly jump on the Broncos bandwagon like they knew it all along. Yes, it is a bunch of bull****. Watched for Bronco highlights last night and never did see one. Saw they were coming up on ESPN this morning, went to finish makeup and they were over by the time I got back.

cousinal11
09-28-2009, 12:04 PM

He did.

cousinal11
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
cowherder keeps making points....and then has to say "except for the broncos" every single time. They can't admit mistakes, because most of them are COMPLETE idiots.

I'm just waiting for ESPN and the major networks to put the brakes on NFLredzone. It WILL happen, trust me.

He had us as one of the bottom 6 prior to the start of the season and I quote "Denver is horrible".

Rock Chalk makes a good point though that when Baltimore crushes Cleveland it's because the Ravens are great, but when we crush Cleveland it's because the Browns suck.

What happens when they won't give you respect? Take it! We start doing that Sunday.

Sodak
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Business as usual. This is nothing new.

It would be nice to have a BJ for every touchdown though. ESPN should pay for them too.

Majik
09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
This was news to me, but only because I haven't watched ESPN aside from MNF in months.

I'm with ya, unless there is a game on I don't bother tuning in to ESPN's crap.

colonelbeef
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
espn is unwatchable, in every sense of the word.

broncocalijohn
09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Business as usual. This is nothing new.

It would be nice to have a BJ for every touchdown though. ESPN should pay for them too.

I hear one of their past employees was offering... He was even proud enough to show it.

Hogan11
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Don't expect love from ESPN this season, unless Marshall either acts up, starts putting up big amounts of points or does another stupid TD celebration, they are the only things the Entertainment Sports Network cares about.

No one on the team is flashy and no one on the team is helping anyone in fantasy football, hence the bare minimum in coverage. Just watch how Bristol reacts if they happen to beat Dallas next week.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM

This is the video you are looking for. I love Schlereth and what he did for the Broncos but there's no doubt he said that:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4371343

ant1999e
09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
I guarantee if Denver beats Dallas this week, all the coverage will be about what is wrong with the Cowboys, not what is right about the Broncos.

I agree. It'll be a while before we get the coverage we think we deserve. I like flying under the radar.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
In fact let me go ahead and embed that:

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4371343"/></object>

loborugger
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
this was news to me, but only because i haven't watched espn aside from mnf in months.

+1

Williams
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
In fact let me go ahead and embed that:

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4371343"/></object>

Worst. Analysis. Ever.

I mean, really. You'd have to really try hard to be more wrong in 1 1/2 minutes of analysis.

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Denver had plenty of coverage when we won superbowls.

:)

Yes, when we won the super bowl they talked about us. When we had Cutler they talked about us (granted not as much as they talk about him with the Bears). They talked about us because Shanny had taken the respect from other teams and claimed it for us.

Prior to the super bowl win, they did not talk about us, they almost ignored us. I remember being mystified as to why no one was talking about us during a winning season and the playoffs and even underdogging us so much going into the game. We were 14 point underdogs for XXXII.

Eventually they'll recognize us again. As far as I am concerned, this is a time for us to enjoy. We don't need to share this with the whole world. The Broncos belong to us fans and we can share this amongst ourselves until the greedy vultures figure out whats really going on.

Dullass Cowbells suck!

Dukes
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
We've just got to figure out a way to translate our skills to the football field. :puff:

The Jeremy Bloom experiment was almost a success

DBroncos4life
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Try again.

QB's get face time this is a fact. Like it all you want Cutler and Romo even when the play poor will get more face time for their teams then Orton will ever bring us playing well.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't watch ESPN at all. On Mondays nights I steal the games via internet streams. **** them. They are worthless.

Mr. Elway
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
If we win our next two, I will be longing for the lack of national attention.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
That was a pretty good rant. But I've seen better.

dbfan21
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Worst. Analysis. Ever.

I mean, really. You'd have to really try hard to be more wrong in 1 1/2 minutes of analysis.

+1

someone needs to send this to Stink and tell him his football analytical skills are garbage. Hey Stink, try looking before leaping next time. The front seven of the Broncos are performing at a slightly better than garbage level, wouldn't you agree?

I'd like a public apology on ESPN from him and that dork of a professor!

Williams
09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
+1

someone needs to send this to Stink and tell him his football analytical skills are garbage. Hey Stink, try looking before leaping next time. The front seven of the Broncos are performing at a slightly better than garbage level, wouldn't you agree?

I'd like a public apology on ESPN from him and that dork of a professor!

Yep... unfortunately, this is the sad state of affairs of ESPN and the like. No accountability. The talking heads will continue to peddle their "expert" opinion, and the casual fans will continue to gobble it up as gospel... never minding whether they're right or wrong.

This much I know... if Al Roker was dead wrong on 50% of his weather forecasts, NBC might start looking for someone who knows what the **** they're talking about.

Irish Stout
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I do like Schefter still. But I haven't actually seen him on ESPN.

Carmelo15
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
**** ESPN.

/ Mother ****ing rant.

Chuuch

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I do like Schefter still. But I haven't actually seen him on ESPN.

They're still experimenting with Scheffler. :wiggle:

Schefter I don't know about.

brncs_fan
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
In fairness to Clayton, I did hear him say that the Broncos held Palmer in check for 59 minutes and that it may have been a fluke play but that didn't mean the Bengals deserved to win.

Other than that, agree 100%

ElwayMD
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I heard Jaws giving the Broncos some love today on ESPN radio. If they beat the Cowboys prepare for ESPN to start smooching Denver ass.

rmsanger
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
who cares ladies, quit your pouting. I watch the fantasy football prep show on ESPN.com on sudays from 11:30 - 1... I find it very valuable and straight to the point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/peter-griffin---what-really-grinds-my-gears-66126.jpg

oubronco
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
**** the hell outta them

Boobs McGee
09-28-2009, 06:01 PM

oh **** you. They make incredibly stylish hemp jewlery too you ****ing dick. ;)

ESPN can suck a giant cock. GUARANTEED any of the next 6 games we win will be nothing short of " ______ had a complete meltdown, and Denver came away with a lucky win" IF we even get coverage at all.

Those assclowns seriously have issues with our team. Tom Jackson's fat man comment to ol' John Madden must some how be karmatically ****ing us. Well **** them.

Stink and shannon have both given up hope, I think tommy j's the only one who roots for us anymore. Suprised they haven't fired his ass yet.

I seriously question espn's hatred for the Broncos

Br0nc0Buster
09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
ESPN hired Herm Edwards and Matt Millen for credibility, that should tell you all you need to know about their astute analysis

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
i still have a lot of respect for schlereth for what he did, heres waht he said to me last night (alot of these guys respond direct message so it doesnt show up in their tweets). heres the breakdown

@markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth) remember when you called denvers D garbage? shoulda gave mcd and nolan more credit.3:38 PM Sep 27th (http://twitter.com/tsiguy96/status/4427663565) from web in reply to markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/4426494897)

markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth)Dude I said last years defense was garbage as it was! They are playing great against 3 average offenses. 3:46 PM Sep 27th

@markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth) i agree about last year! mcd just got a ton of flak this summer and media isnt fessing up to it now, front 7 is great.3:50 PM Sep 27th (http://twitter.com/tsiguy96/status/4427918564) from web

markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth)Hold off on great. They have played to teams without a legit QB3:56 PM Sep 27th

@markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth) true, in 3 games theyve allowed a total of 16 points, ill take that all day against anyone. congrats on 50th anniversary vote

markschlereth (http://twitter.com/markschlereth)Thanks I appreciate it. 4:10 PM Sep 27th

Mr. Elway
09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
That's cool you corresponded with Stink. He seems like a great guy. I still think he will be eating his words all season long.

Anyway here's what I say: Call our front 7 the Garbage Men because of all the sacks. Or because they'll put the game into garbage time. Or because they clean out the trash. But not because they Stink!

Karenin
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM

And winning Nobel Prizes. And being a higher ranked university than Kansas every year.