PDA

View Full Version : Real test starts now..... 4-4 over next 8 weeks ?

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I like being 3-0 after all the off season talk, having said that what is expected from this team over the next 8 weeks when they play.. leaving out the bye week. From dallas game to NYG.

All of a sudden out in that schedule, the real good teams are BAL, NYG.

SDG(2), PIT, NE, DAL, WAS (For sure) look winnable games.

Though we should be taking one game at a time.. what do you think the record will be during this time.

Poll to follow

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
One game vs SDG, PIT, WAS and DAL.. we will win.

BAL And NYG might end up as loss.

NE and Other game vs SDG is up in the air. But the leat is 4-4

bfoflcommish
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
3-5. wins 1 sdg, wash, new england

Hotrod
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm drunk on the McD kool-aid and say 19-0 is still very possible.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Private ballot Polls are no polls at all.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
5 and 0 baby

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM

sorry new here.. dont know which other options exist. rookie mistake if at all.

Rock Chalk
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Private polls are the only way to get accurate results.

Communist.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
sorry new here.. dont know which other options exist. rookie mistake if at all.

It is an obscure option, if you scroll down after you fill out the options there is a box to check that makes the polls public which makes them more meaningful and more fun IMO

Peoples Champ
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
4-4 i would be kinda happy, 5-3 I would be really happy.

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:34 AM
It is an obscure option, if you scroll down after you fill out the options there is a box to check that makes the polls public which makes them more meaningful and more fun IMO

thanks, will do so next time.. if required

baja
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Private polls are the only way to get accurate results.

Communist.

You keep saying that but they are flat just no fun besides I'm not convinced you make your argument on this point. :wiggle:

I know why don't you start a poll asking if people give the same answer rather the poll is public or private.

Punisher
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
One game vs SDG, PIT, WAS and DAL.. we will win.

BAL And NYG might end up as loss.

NE and Other game vs SDG is up in the air. But the leat is 4-4

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/4541/lolbottle6hd.gif

SHUT THE **** UP

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM

SHUT THE **** UP

What is wrong ? why are you typing with bold and big letter and using offensive language ? you need some attention ?

baja
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
What is wrong ? why are you typing with bold and big letter and using offensive language ? you need some attention ?

Look again at his user name that might give you a clue.

Punisher
09-28-2009, 10:40 AM

http://geoparent.com/milestones/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mad-baby.jpg

Me no likey this thread BAD THREAD

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
http://geoparent.com/milestones/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mad-baby.jpg

Me no likey this thread BAD THREAD

your son looks cute.. but he looks like cry baby jay

Punisher
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
your son looks cute.. but he looks like cry baby jay

:~ohyah!:

ZONA
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm going to say 5-3 and you always have to look at the schedule at the beginning of the year knowing that there are going to be surprise teams both ways. I also thought this schedule was going to be brutal but the NFL can change that fast on you. Now all of a sudden, some of those teams on our "tough part of the schedule" look like it could be anybody's game. I can't look at Dallas, Washington, San Diego, New England or Pittsburgh right now and say those teams are just flat out better then us. I still think they will be hard fought games but this Broncos team right now is showing us they will be ready to scrap with anybody.

....and baja should know about polls, he starts 3 a day.........hahahaha.

baja
09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm going to say 5-3 and you always have to look at the schedule at the beginning of the year knowing that there are going to be surprise teams both ways. I also thought this schedule was going to be brutal but the NFL can change that fast on you. Now all of a sudden, some of those teams on our "tough part of the schedule" look like it could be anybody's game. I can't look at Dallas, Washington, San Diego, New England or Pittsburgh right now and say those teams are just flat out better then us. I still think they will be hard fought games but this Broncos team right now is showing us they will be ready to scrap with anybody.

....and baja should know about polls, he starts 3 a day.........hahahaha.

That makes me think about a poll, how many home games are we going to win. Should I ZONA?

The Joker
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
4-4 would be a good outcome.

Even if the schedule isn't quite as brutal as it looked before the season, there's still some quality teams there. While we've started well and I think we'll be able to give most if not all of the teams we face a damn good fight, we're still far from the finished article ourselves.

4-4 would leave us sitting on an 8-5 record with the Raiders and Chiefs still to visit our place. That sounds pretty sweet to me.

listopencil
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking 10-6, 4-4 on the poll.

dbfan4life
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I'd be satisfied w/ 4-4.

ChSuperStar
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
4-4 will be great, but anything more will be great. But if they go below that, will anyone start calling josh names again ? i think he has done a wonderful job. yes we can have a franchise qb and that would be great.... but kyle for now is managing well..

Peoples Champ
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
4-4 will be great, but anything more will be great. But if they go below that, will anyone start calling josh names again ? i think he has done a wonderful job. yes we can have a franchise qb and that would be great.... but kyle for now is managing well..

I like Kyle, he is doing what he needs to do. I think with Cutler we are 2-1 or 1-2 this year. Lose to Cinc and maybe OAK. Cutler never played well against OAK, last year we got spanked in OAK, this year Orton went in there with the same weapons Cutler had and tore it up against a better OAK defense.

ward63
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM
If we go 4-4, I'd be content, but I honestly think 6-2 is a real possiblity, but i am drinking the cool aid

UberBroncoMan
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
4-4 to be at 7-4 would be awesome... anything better is gravy. We could finish with 10 wins if we go 4-4.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
the only teams that right now look unbeatable are NYG and ravens. ravens are weak on pass defense right now and the giants WILL need to blitz to get pressure on orton, dont care how good their front 4 is, our oline is better.

orton is gonna have to have good games against both teams for us to win.

tonngo0
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I like Kyle, he is doing what he needs to do. I think with Cutler we are 2-1 or 1-2 this year. Lose to Cinc and maybe OAK. Cutler never played well against OAK, last year we got spanked in OAK, this year Orton went in there with the same weapons Cutler had and tore it up against a better OAK defense.

I belive the Broncos gave the Raiders a big spank with Eddie Royal in the opener and was way over confidence in the second meeting and got spank right back at home. I expected the Broncos to be 3-0 with McD or Shanny, the real test start the next 9 weeks. Cowboys is so so, just like us so it is winnable. I just hope the Broncos play the patriots before Brady gets hot.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Last year... Week One in Oakland, the Brandon Marshall-less Broncos kicked Raider behind 41-14.... :)

Archer81
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Why is everything this team does a ****ing test? What were the last three weeks? Review before a final?

:Broncos:

lostknight
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Everyone, even the most pessimistic McDaniel's bashers, and the most optimistic Xander boot lickers assumed that we would be 3-0 at this point. Where all the predictions start to diverge radically is really next week and after. This team is still a enigma, the Nolan defense is delivering - albeit against low powered offenses - but the McDaniel's offense has not begun to click. (Anyone who is high on a 23-3 drubbing of the raiders would do well to remember last year's first Raider game).

I still don't think that I know which way it will go.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Everyone, even the most pessimistic McDaniel's bashers, and the most optimistic Xander boot lickers assumed that we would be 3-0 at this point. Where all the predictions start to diverge radically is really next week and after. This team is still a enigma, the Nolan defense is delivering - albeit against low powered offenses - but the McDaniel's offense has not begun to click. (Anyone who is high on a 23-3 drubbing of the raiders would do well to remember last year's first Raider game).

I still don't think that I know which way it will go.

or maybe they should remembers last years home game against raiders where we scored 10, or against pats where they put up a solid 7, or hell, basically any game after week 3? the offense is getting better every week as is orton and the running game, and the defense is shutting other NFL teams down. the most pessimistic mcdaniels bashers were saying anything between 0-16 and 3-13, rather ridiculous at the time and especially now that we are 3-0.

bombay
09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't understand trolling.

bombay
09-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Last year... Week One in Oakland, the Brandon Marshall-less Broncos kicked Raider behind 41-14.... :)

And got the crap kicked out of them in Denver.

Still, the cutler/shanahan effort in the critical game of the season against red hot buffalo was very impressive.

broncogary
09-28-2009, 08:21 PM
the only teams that right now look unbeatable are NYG and ravens. ravens are weak on pass defense right now and the giants WILL need to blitz to get pressure on orton, dont care how good their front 4 is, our oline is better.

orton is gonna have to have good games against both teams for us to win.

Let's hope Foxworth doesn't get hurt before we play them. :yayaya:

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
And got the crap kicked out of them in Denver.

Still, the cutler/shanahan effort in the critical game of the season against red hot buffalo was very impressive.

So? That's totally irrelevant to the conversation we were having. ???

McMastermind
09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
6-2

Win every home game + Wahington OTR.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
6-2

Win every home game + Wahington OTR.

we better beat the pats im driving 14 hours to see the damn game...

McMastermind
09-28-2009, 08:43 PM
So? That's totally irrelevant to the conversation we were having. ???
Real test starts now..... 4-4 over next 8 weeks ?

As are both of your posts in this thread without a prediction. Let's hear it BF?

Your waffling puts even Waffleboy to shame.

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Real test starts now..... 4-4 over next 8 weeks ?

As are both of your posts in this thread without a prediction. Let's hear it BF?

Your waffling puts even Waffleboy to shame.

The post he quoted was nothing more than correcting a mistake in the post that my post quoted.

And I'm really not waffling at all. I flat-out don't know and don't care to speculate. I'll just watch the games and enjoy any and every win.

JPEZ
09-28-2009, 09:31 PM

SHUT THE **** UP

I stare at that video/siggy every time I see your posts.. Bottle, meet eye socket!

Oh, by the way, 7 - 1 over the next 8 games!

McMastermind
09-28-2009, 09:53 PM
The post he quoted was nothing more than correcting a mistake in the post that my post quoted.

And I'm really not waffling at all. I flat-out don't know and don't care to speculate. I'll just watch the games and enjoy any and every win.

Whatever floats your boat....

Blueflame
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Whatever floats your boat....

Yep. Same to you. :peace:

Spider
09-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Meh ...... kick ass take names ......As long as we play 60 minutes of football , fight hard , never quit , the rest will take care of its self .........

Durango
09-29-2009, 07:49 AM
or maybe they should remembers last years home game against raiders where we scored 10, or against pats where they put up a solid 7, or hell, basically any game after week 3? the offense is getting better every week as is orton and the running game, and the defense is shutting other NFL teams down. the most pessimistic mcdaniels bashers were saying anything between 0-16 and 3-13, rather ridiculous at the time and especially now that we are 3-0.

I think I did see someone post a prediction of 3-13, maybe one and not 'all' the McDaniels bashers, but I don't remember anyone suggesting the Broncos could go winless. Could you post a link to that thread? Or perhaps just a little hyperbole to make your point, huh?

barryr
09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
If the Broncos are 7-3 after 10 games, I will take it and be happy. To do it or even better, they will need Royal to be more involved in the offense since there will be teams the Broncos face that can and will stop the run and Orton and the passing game will be asked and need to do more to win. Plus, it's highly doubtful this defense is going to stop teams from scoring 10 points a game forever, so the offense at some point, will be asked to score more. Marshall being more active last game was a great sign.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 07:58 AM
I think I did see someone post a prediction of 3-13, maybe one and not 'all' the McDaniels bashers, but I don't remember anyone suggesting the Broncos could go winless. Could you post a link to that thread? Or perhaps just a little hyperbole to make your point, huh?

ive already posted the link to a certain poster here saying the broncos have a 67% chance of winning 2 games all year. but good try though, maybe you should revert to your "mcdip****" antics.

heres a better idea, go look at basically any preseason power ranking for us AND the bears, as well as preseason predictions by sports "experts" and people on this forum alike. tell me if 90% of this planet is not eating crow for saying stupid **** all offseason that proved to be 100% false.

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
ive already posted the link to a certain poster here saying the broncos have a 67% chance of winning 2 games all year. but good try though, maybe you should revert to your "mcdip****" antics.

heres a better idea, go look at basically any preseason power ranking for us AND the bears, as well as preseason predictions by sports "experts" and people on this forum alike. tell me if 90% of this planet is not eating crow for saying stupid **** all offseason that proved to be 100% false.

Goodness, we are an angry child aren't we?

Could you post the link to back up your statement, please?

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Goodness, we are an angry child aren't we?

Could you post the link to back up your statement, please?

im not gonna search out a link that ive already posted to make you happy. heres an idea, go to search, type in 2-14 and press show as posts. youll find all the mcdip**** references and hating posts to make you happy for months.

chrisp
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
During that stretch, 4-4 is fine, because if we find ourselves 7-4 with only the softer part of our schedule to go, we're in with a great chance of playoffs, which would be awesome...and if we come through that part of the schedule in playoff contention, no-one can possibly say we are paper tigers....

As long as we don't get a massive losing skid and kill off all postseason possibilities however, then what I'll be more interested to see is how the team performs overall. If our defense continues to be stong in the red zone against higher-calibre offenses then I'll be happy win lose or draw. If the offense continues to develop and shows the ability to take what the defense gives us whatever that may be, then again, I'll be pleased. At the end of the day, with a brutal schedule like that, we have every chance of being a surprise wildcard in the playoffs that is much better than our record indicates...

Also, if we play tough but lose, then even if we don't make the playoffs, there's still hope for next year - what I don't want to see is this defense crumble and start playing like last year's for the last half of the season - that would mean we're no further forward....

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
im not gonna search out a link that ive already posted to make you happy. heres an idea, go to search, type in 2-14 and press show as posts. youll find all the mcdip**** references and hating posts to make you happy for months.

Can't find any, huh? Probably spent too much time looking up 'hyperbole'.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Can't find any, huh? Probably spent too much time looking up 'hyperbole'.

while you continue to post the same thing over and over, you will find that a simple search of 1-15 or 2-14 will find you all the info you need to know. start here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83427&highlight=1-15

got any other wonderful insight youd like to share with us?

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
while you continue to post the same thing over and over, you will find that a simple search of 1-15 or 2-14 will find you all the info you need to know. start here:

Sure. I believe you should insert at apostrophe between the 'you' and 'd'. It's a contraction of 'you would'.

Garcia Bronco
09-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Polls are fine either way.

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Sure. I believe you should insert at apostrophe between the 'you' and 'd'. It's a contraction of 'you would'.

kthxby.

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM

I checked the link. All I see is some kind of hit list of 'haters'. No predictions. Could you find one for me to read where someone predicts an 0 and 16 season. I'm very interested and it would greatly bolster your point, well, such as it is.

crawdad
09-29-2009, 08:33 AM
5-3 is doable with this defense. Our defense is awesome and turnovers at 1. Great start!

tsiguy96
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
I checked the link. All I see is some kind of hit list of 'haters'. No predictions. Could you find one for me to read where someone predicts an 0 and 16 season. I'm very interested and it would greatly bolster your point, well, such as it is.

the fact that so many people made 0-16 a possibility in so many threads (like i said, search 0-16, im not gonna do it for you) is proof enough. any other grammatical errors youd like to point out?

Durango
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
the fact that so many people made 0-16 a possibility in so many threads (like i said, search 0-16, im not gonna do it for you) is proof enough. any other grammatical errors youd like to point out?

Why yes, now that you mention it. You should always start a sentence with a capital letter. It's a very old tradition called Modern English.

ChSuperStar
09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
looks like 3-5 is winning for now.. but i will take 4-4 or 5-3, dallas looked ok and with the loss of felix jones, i am sure barber will play next week.

one week at a time. but romo looked awful to me. we should be getting some turnovers from him.

Peoples Champ
09-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Ya I was talking about on the road, not Mile High, this year and last. Cutler didnt ever seem to play well in the Black hole. We lost 31-10 there last year, and lost there and 34-20 in 2007. Cutler only had 200 yds passing that game.

So Cutler is 0-2 in the black hole while Orton is 1-0

jhns
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Ya I was talking about on the road, not Mile High, this year and last. Cutler didnt ever seem to play well in the Black hole. We lost 31-10 there last year, and lost there and 34-20 in 2007. Cutler only had 200 yds passing that game.

So Cutler is 0-2 in the black hole while Orton is 1-0

You have last year backwards.

Peoples Champ
09-29-2009, 12:16 PM
You have last year backwards.

Oh ya my bad, it was 2007 were we lost in Oak.

Blueflame
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh ya my bad, it was 2007 were we lost in Oak.

What we've been doing goes right along with our general trend...starting fast and dominating in the first meeting, then losing later in the season.

Peoples Champ
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
What we've been doing goes right along with our general trend...starting fast and dominating in the first meeting, then losing later in the season.

Ya lets hope it changes!

Blueflame
09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Ya lets hope it changes!

Amen to that. :thumbsup:

ChSuperStar
10-12-2009, 09:56 PM
bump

Greybeard
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Actually, Denver went into Oakland last year and beat the Raiders up 41-14.

It was here in Denver that Oakland kicked butt . . .

-----

Spider
10-12-2009, 10:09 PM
5-0 .....60 minutes of football all 3 phases , this team has delivered ..........