PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris Injured

LetsGoBroncos
09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Anyone know when Harris got injured, and how bad the injury is?

~Crash~
09-28-2009, 09:10 AM

peacepipe
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM
when did he get hurt?

LetsGoBroncos
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I noticed Polombus was in late in the game. Scroll down in this article:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13435023

BMarsh615
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I didn't see anyone laying down on the field for the Broncos, but I remember the announcers saying that Ryan Harris and Ben Hamilton weren't in the game and that Hochstein and Polumbus were in the game. The game was already in hand though... I don't know what happened to them.

SoDak Bronco
09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
i'd hate to see what Dware would do to Tyler Polumbus...hope he's okay.

Florida_Bronco
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I never saw Harris get hurt, so I'm assuming that McD was just substituting players and giving some starters a break.

Old Dude
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
He suffered a shoulder injury in practice back in mid-August. It might have been aggravated yesterday.

Crushisback
09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Anyone know when Harris got injured, and how bad the injury is?

Figured you did according to this thread title.

WolfpackGuy
09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I see a lot of 2-3 TE sets this week if Harris isn't back...

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Am I the only one who is looking to seeing Clady put Ware over his knee?

broncosteven
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
I can't DVR the Sunday ticket games but I thought Harris went out because of back/shoulder problems.

I thought I saw Hocstein in for Kuper subbing a couple times early in the game before he came out for good.

It is hard to pay attention when I was responsible for my future Broncos 1 year old guard

Beantown Bronco
09-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I can't DVR the Sunday ticket games

how come?

Hulamau
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I saw Kuper limping early too but hope its just residual soreness from the ankle and not an aggravation. Hes a tough nail and finished in any event. we cant be losing Oline guys ....

broncosteven
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
how come?

Because I have At&t Uverse and you can't DVR an outside source.

I only have Directv for Sunday ticket only.

TallyBronco
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM
LetsGoBroncos lazy

Now is that a statement or a question? You decide!

kupesdad
09-28-2009, 11:21 AM
He suffered a shoulder injury in practice back in mid-August. It might have been aggravated yesterday.

Bingo

dbfan21
09-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Bingo

Hope he's okay...is next week in jeopardy?

kupesdad
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Hope he's okay...is next week in jeopardy?

i'm not sure...just guessing on the shoulder ?

OBF1
09-28-2009, 12:09 PM
treatment time. Let's hope all the O-line feel good by Sundays game, We need them

SoDak Bronco
09-28-2009, 12:17 PM
hows the ankle for Chris? He back to 100%? He had a nice pull on that counter yesterday, the ankle looked fine.

kupesdad
09-28-2009, 12:21 PM
hows the ankle for Chris? He back to 100%? He had a nice pull on that counter yesterday, the ankle looked fine.

He's felling stiff and sore this morning...he went to treatment early and I think he's taking it easy today. I could tell he wasn't 100% yesterday but I thought he really played very well..I love to watch those guys get up front on that screen...although Graham caught up with them before they expected him to and could have rolled up on him...that's what got him hurt last time but he wasn't 20 yards down the field

The counter was pretty sweet too.. I really like this offense.. they use him a lot of the same ways that they did at UND. He is actually pretty fast for a big guy so he can get out and stay out front much of the time, and when he gets to the 2nd or 3rd level it can get pretty fun to watch.

tsiguy96
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM
He's felling stiff and sore this morning...he went to treatment early and I think he's taking it easy today. I could tell he wasn't 100% yesterday but I thought he really played very well..I love to watch those guys get up front on that screen...although Graham caught up with them before they expected him to and could have rolled up on him...that's what got him hurt last time but he wasn't 20 yards down the field

The counter was pretty sweet too.. I really like this offense.. they use him a lot of the same ways that they did at UND. He is actually pretty fast for a big guy so he can get out and stay out front much of the time, and when he gets to the 2nd or 3rd level it can get pretty fun to watch.

that screen was crazy good, graham shoulda let his blockers take care of their work though.

did you fear for richard seymours life when he pulled cladys hair? i know i did...

broncosteven
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

I agree, it is fun watching the Oline run block this year. Harris pulled on one of Buck's big runs and pinched off the outside rusher giving a clear inside lane.

Kuper was also beating his man straight up and was awesome in pass protect.

The only time we heard about the Raiders rush was a PF on Seymor pulling Clady's hair.

SoDak Bronco
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah I am sure, that was a phyiscal line they were going against, not bad for a kid from the NCC.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM

That blocking on the Graham screen was sweet, he had 4 offensive linemen out in front of him 15 yards down field, that is some pretty sweet blocking.

It is so easy to see that Kuper is back in there, compared to game 1 our run blocking is superb and we don't look nearly as weak in pass blocking on that right side as we did against the Bengals.

kupesdad
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree, it is fun watching the Oline run block this year. Harris pulled on one of Buck's big runs and pinched off the outside rusher giving a clear inside lane.

Kuper was also beating his man straight up and was awesome in pass protect.

The only time we heard about the Raiders rush was a PF on Seymor pulling Clady's hair.

I know...Chris jumped right into the scrum when he saw him grab Clady's hair...definitely not a place I would like to be.

Chris wasn't happy with his game but he is way too hard on himself for the most part. Although we have no idea of their responsibilities on most plays unless you have spent a bunch of time on the board with X's and O's. I've been a coach for 29 years and this summer sat down with Chris and he showed me some of the playbook and believe me it is definitely not a sport for big dumb guys. You could have 4 or 5 different things you are responsible for on a play and if you don't get them ALL right it is PASS/FAIL they don't give you C+'s when you grade

kupesdad
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah I am sure, that was a phyiscal line they were going against, not bad for a kid from the NCC.

The old NCC was a pretty tough place to play especially when it had UNC,USD,NDSU,UND and UNO. That was some of the best football I have ever seen. And the teams that went on to D1 have been pretty successful.

Hulamau
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I know...Chris jumped right into the scrum when he saw him grab Clady's hair...definitely not a place I would like to be.

Chris wasn't happy with his game but he is way too hard on himself for the most part. Although we have no idea of their responsibilities on most plays unless you have spent a bunch of time on the board with X's and O's. I've been a coach for 29 years and this summer sat down with Chris and he showed me some of the playbook and believe me it is definitely not a sport for big dumb guys. You could have 4 or 5 different things you are responsible for on a play and if you don't get them ALL right it is PASS/FAIL they don't give you C+'s when you grade

Great Stuff KupeDaddy! Hope Chris gets some good R&R and treatment this week and is ready to rumble Sunday night ..Harris too. We need them all for this next ten game stretch!

Natedogg
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Some info here. http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-at-raiders-second-half-live-blog/

Hamilton was probable to return, Harris questionable.

backup qb
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks Kupes' dad!

listopencil
09-28-2009, 06:30 PM

That was one of my favorite plays of the game, if not my favorite. Like a freaking stampede. It was beautiful.

gunns
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

I was thrilled to see him back in the line yesterday. That run blocking looked much improved. Was it Chris? ;D

Hercules Rockefeller
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Chris wasn't happy with his game but he is way too hard on himself for the most part.

He looks like a BAMF to me, but what do I know?

Dagmar
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
That was one of my favorite plays of the game, if not my favorite. Like a freaking stampede. It was beautiful.

I want to see it again but the highlights on nfl.com are kinda lame.