PDA

View Full Version : THE 1st REAL TEST comes this week

broncofan7
09-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Week 1 was a fantastic win--Cincy has proven to be a good team this year with their win over GB @ Lambeau and beating PIT yesterday---truth be told--we outplayed them most of the game and if not for a late sack taken by Orton we could have won that game WITHOUT A MIRACLE. That being said, we also were the beneficiaries of A LOT of dropped balls (I know we dropped some too) particularly by Coles and some rust from Carson who had not played the majority of the pre-season.

WeeK 2--It was CLE--BUT we did something that we have not been able to do consistently, beat teams that on paper we SHOULD beat. We look to be a team that will NOT beat themselves which will allow us to overcome some of our talent limitations along the DL and @ QB.

WEEK 3--played out JUST as I suspected---OAK has a great defense and a worse than Division I college QB in JA-FAT-ASS--if Cable wants to be Raiders coach going forward--it's time that he sits that disgusting imitation of an NFL QB. I was GREATLY impressed by our ability to take this game by the THROAT by coming out on the 1st drive of the 2nd half and making a 13-3 game 20-3--THAT WAS VERY IMPORTANT and at that point OAK realized that they had NO chance on Sunday.

I still have concerns about Orton's ability to complete passes that have to travel more than 20 yards in the air--he hit Marshall once or twice on that type of pass and skipped a few others into the ground while attempting to complete them---this is going to come back to bite us when we play a team who is capable of getting a 10 point lead on us.

This brings us to Dallas--despite them having to come in here on a short week--I fully expect our defense to be challenged unlike at any point this season so far--they have a punishing, tops in the leagues running game(resting Barber this week), complemented by an above average passing game. They will score 20+ on us ---the big question this week is HOW WILL OUR QB RESPOND IN A GAME IN WHICH HE IS FORCED TO ATTEMPT TO KEEP PACE WITH AN OPPOSING TEAM'S OFFENSE? If he leads us to a 34-28 victory this week over Dallas--then I will officially be on the Kyle Orton bandwagon---I hope that my fears (much like my football picks this past weekend) prove to be incorrect...but Sunday's game is shaping up to be a big STATEMENT GAME for the Broncos to let the league know that they are for real--because as Tom Jackson put it on ESPN last night--We could have lost the Cincy game if not for a miracle and we have beaten 'two tomato cans since'......beating Dallas is HUGE. COME ON ORTON--PROVE ME WRONG!

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Nice defense, Dallas. They'll end up like last year's Broncos. All offense, sad D and a coaching change at the end of the season. Add a QB that folds in big games.

Meck77
09-28-2009, 06:05 AM
It's just another football game.

broncofan7
09-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Nice defense, Dallas. They'll end up like last year's Broncos. All offense, sad D and a coaching change at the end of the season. Add a QB that folds in big games.

VERY true--what are they 30th in yards? We should be able to move the ball on them--I still think that this will be the best offense that we have faced thus far and it will put pressure on Orton to make plays.....

Man-Goblin
09-28-2009, 06:13 AM
I laughed at JA-FAT-ASS.

spdirty
09-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Want to see how the defense does these next 3 weeks.

lex
09-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah, for the outside observer, the season starts this week more or less.