PDA

View Full Version : 16 points in three games. Impressive.

Taco John
09-28-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't care who we played. This is the NFL, and 16 points given up in three games is a damn fine feat.

Does Nolan go into the Ring of Fame next week?

Popps
09-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't care who we played. This is the NFL, and 16 points given up in three games is a damn fine feat.

Just made this exact post on another thread.

We looked better against Oakland than SD did. We nearly blanked Cinci, and we destroyed Cleveland. It's been an impressive start.

Clearly, we can't keep this pace up all season, but it's very encouraging.

Taco John
09-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I didn't see it. My bad. I've actually had my nose in the NFL game book tonight.

I've got to hand it to Josh - the guy came in, put his stamp on this team, and has delivered nothing short of spectacular results. I could see skepticism right now if we were winning, but our defense was looking like a liability. That's not the case at all. This defense is playing like a unit. Not even the most ardent optimist could have guessed that we'd have only 16 points scratched against us in week 3.

If we go 4-0, this fan base is going to the moon. Dallas is not a must win, but the implications of going 4-0 elevate the importance of this game. Frankly, I'm as excited about this game as I can remember being for any game - and it's only Sunday night.

The last time I was this excited about a game was the 2005 AFC Championship game. I can't be the only one whose feeling it...

Bronco Yoda
09-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Dawkins is playing like a madman. He has really fired up this whole D.

baja
09-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Gotta love Josh

Broncosfreak_56
09-28-2009, 12:44 AM
I didn't see it. My bad. I've actually had my nose in the NFL game book tonight.

I've got to hand it to Josh - the guy came in, put his stamp on this team, and has delivered nothing short of spectacular results. I could see skepticism right now if we were winning, but our defense was looking like a liability. That's not the case at all. This defense is playing like a unit. Not even the most ardent optimist could have guessed that we'd have only 16 points scratched against us in week 3.

If we go 4-0, this fan base is going to the moon. Dallas is not a must win, but the implications of going 4-0 elevate the importance of this game. Frankly, I'm as excited about this game as I can remember being for any game - and it's only Sunday night.

The last time I was this excited about a game was the 2005 AFC Championship game. I can't be the only one whose feeling it...

Hopefully the result isn't the same...

baja
09-28-2009, 12:45 AM

This guy is your kind of coach and you are going to be such a huge fan of Josh McDaniels that it will be epic.

baja
09-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Remember you heard it first here;

TJ is about to become the biggest Josh homer on the board...

He can not resist...

Taco John
09-28-2009, 12:53 AM
This guy is your kind of coach and you are going to be such a huge fan of Josh McDaniels that it will be epic.

You know me as well as anybody on this forum baja. We go back at least ten years, and you're absolutely right. He is absolutely my kind of coach. He's practically a young Mike Shanahan - only with a more gambling nature than Mike (I think youth probably makes a big part of that difference - Shanahan was a bigger gambler when he was younger).

And like with Mike, I won't always agree with everything he does - and will even be critical of certain moves. But I'll always endeavor to see the method behind the madness.

Right now, I feel like this team can (and will) win a Superbowl with Josh McDaniels. I really like the guy. It's like baja said... I can't help it. He is my kind of coach.

I still don't like the way Bowlen unceremoniously dumped Shanahan. I still think Shanny should have been given one more year. But that's a different issue. Regardless of my feelings about Mike and Pat, I believe Josh to be the real deal. And Pat gets credit for that.

baja
09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
You know me as well as anybody on this forum baja. We go back at least ten years, and you're absolutely right. He is absolutely my kind of coach. He's practically a young Mike Shanahan - only with a more gambling nature than Mike (I think youth probably makes a big part of that difference - Shanahan was a bigger gambler when he was younger).

And like with Mike, I won't always agree with everything he does - and will even be critical of certain moves. But I'll always endeavor to see the method behind the madness.

Right now, I feel like this team can (and will) win a Superbowl with Josh McDaniels. I really like the guy. It's like baja said... I can't help it. He is my kind of coach.

I still don't like the way Bowlen unceremoniously dumped Shanahan. I still think Shanny should have been given one more year. But that's a different issue. Regardless of my feelings about Mike and Pat, I believe Josh to be the real deal. And Pat gets credit for that.

I knew you'd come around... ;D

OBF1
09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Not a bad apology from a gutless drunk website owner :thumbs:

baja
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Doesn't mean that I won't bump that "Guttless Drunk " thread of yours from time to time.... LOL

baja
09-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Now let the love flow for Josh TJ, I'm loven this team and where it is going

It's a great time to be a Bronco fan....

Popps
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
He's practically a young Mike Shanahan .

Been saying that all along!! :thumbsup:

Both came in under fairly similar situations, with similar backgrounds... both young and considered among the best young offensive minds in the game.

Shanahan came in and got right to work on the defense, and McD and Co. have done the same thing.

I'm pumped with how this is starting. I'm trying to keep things in perspective... but that won't make me any less glum if we lose next week. I just think we still have some issues to address... but maybe not nearly as many as I thought going into the season. (And I was positive going into the season.)

I'm still looking for us to finish somewhere around .500, but a couple games over or under won't shock me. More importantly, I want to see playoff-style football... and a team that fights and improves as the season goes on.

We've got a terrific base of players right now. It's a great time to be a Broncos fan. We'll have our struggles, but I love this team.

baja
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM

Both came in under fairly similar situations, with similar backgrounds... both young and considered among the best young offensive minds in the game.

Shanahan came in and got right to work on the defense, and McD and Co. have done the same thing.

I'm pumped with how this is starting. I'm trying to keep things in perspective... but that won't make me any less glum if we lose next week. I just think we still have some issues to address... but maybe not nearly as many as I thought going into the season. (And I was positive going into the season.)

I'm still looking for us to finish somewhere around .500, but a couple games over or under won't shock me. More importantly, I want to see playoff-style football... and a team that fights and improves as the season goes on.

We've got a terrific base of players right now. It's a great time to be a Broncos fan. We'll have our struggles, but I love this team.

This season is set up to play out like catching a wave. As the teams get better as the year wears on so will the Broncos get better just ahead of the curl. We could surf this wave to the SB, We got a real shot at this scenario.

baja
09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Getting better just ahead of the curve. - That's the ticket....

Baba Booey
09-28-2009, 01:44 AM

Doggonit!

Ratboy
09-28-2009, 02:27 AM
If we beat Dallas, color me impressed and count me in as a believer.

BroncoMan4ever
09-28-2009, 02:31 AM

i am loving this guy. i liked the signing and at the time just assumed it was veteran leadership and a vocal guy brought in to fire the rest of the D up and play sparingly. i didn't know he had that much left in the tank. dude is a beast, he just cracks skulls left and right. all he seems to do is knock dudes on their ass and make plays.

Rohirrim
09-28-2009, 02:42 AM
What I don't get is how McD can come in here and just flip the switch on D like this. I've been watching Shanahan tinkering with the D for ten years with very unimpressive results, then this guy comes in and it's like, click. You've got to hand it to him. He cleaned out the cupboard on all the Shanahan patchwork, brings in a few key people, moves a few people around, and bang! We've got a D.

Killericon
09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mikenolansuit.jpg

Look at the majesty...The Micheal Bay-esque way the wind is blowing his tie back. The "**** that, I'm here to coach football" facial expression.

What a man.

Rohirrim
09-28-2009, 02:47 AM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mikenolansuit.jpg

When I see that picture, I hear the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" theme music. Ha!

Killericon
09-28-2009, 02:51 AM
When I see that picture, I hear the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" theme music. Ha!

http://content8.flixster.com/photo/88/34/91/8834910_gal.jpg

He'd fit right in.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Wow, you guys are really going off the deep end, huh?

Rohirrim
09-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow, you guys are really going off the deep end, huh?

I can understand your pathetic sour grapes. We have something to look forward to. You don't.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-28-2009, 03:18 AM
We have something to look forward to.

This guy?

http://behindtheboxscore.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/sam-bradford.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
09-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Our defensive effort through 3 games has shocked me.

The first 3 offenses we faced were not very good at all....but we shut them down....the past few years, we would have allowed those offenses to look a lot better than they are.

If we slow down the Cowboys offense next week, I will be even more impressed.

Like I said, I am geeked, but before I am 100% sold on the D, I want to see us smack down a high powered offense.

I expected this defense to get quite a few sacks, but the turnovers that are being created are what is really impressive.

Yesterday, late in the game, was the first time in a while that I was really looking forward to the defense taking the field, as I knew they were going to go out there and kick some ass.

Odysseus
09-28-2009, 03:31 AM

I have not been able to see a single game but the numbers are crazy. When have the Broncos actually held anybody? This is amazing. What if Nolan and Shanahan had hooked up? Would he be as good?

If the Broncos beat Dallas that is a huge confidence builder. They should have a pretty strong season.

maher_tyler
09-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Moreno is starting to look pretty good to...this offense is only going to get better. The 3 Oakland got was an early x-mas present...if we don't fumble there..we're lookin at a real possibility of a shut out!

v2micca
09-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Oakland didn't score off of our fumble, they gave the ball right back to us 2 plays later.

Meck77
09-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Ok so you guys love the Broncos again. I get it. Just please don't go crying like bitches again if we drop a game or two. Oh and please show some more respect for the team next time.

Broncomutt
09-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Ok so you guys love the Broncos again. I get it. Just please don't go crying like b****es again if we drop a game or two. Oh and please show some more respect for the team next time.

Seconded.

Still, the Mane smells alot better recently.

Meck77
09-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Seconded.

One big happy bandwagon again. Ha!

So who's going to be the first to get their Orton tattoo?

v2micca
09-28-2009, 05:36 AM
If we win against Dallas, the axel is going to break from everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

nickademus
09-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Seconded.

Amen to that!!!! this place was unbearable before the Cincy game.

I attribute our turnaround on d to coaching and B. Dawkins. That dude is amazing and he runs hot the whole game did anyone see how pumped he was on the sidlines? Hell I get pumped watching him how could this D not be ten times as intense playing with the guy? The size of our D has made a big difference against the run I have been pretty stoked about A. Davis so far as well. He just gets it done. As far as next years draft (Im a draft degenerate) I could see us going D-line and LG maybe a WR or two but the staff has filled the holes on our team way beter than I had previously thought.

55CrushEm
09-28-2009, 07:25 AM
The first 3 offenses we faced were not very good at all...

Not sure I totally agree with this. Cleveland and Oakland suck, sure.....but Cincy is looking good. They put up 31 on Green Bay, and they put up 23 vs. Pitt yesterday......This makes our effort look that much better. And they only scored on us, b/c Nolan decided to go prevent for the first time in that game......me thinks that was the ONLY bad coaching decision so far this year.

lex
09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Not sure I totally agree with this. Cleveland and Oakland suck, sure.....but Cincy is looking good. They put up 31 on Green Bay, and they put up 23 vs. Pitt yesterday......This makes our effort look that much better. And they only scored on us, b/c Nolan decided to go prevent for the first time in that game......me thinks that was the ONLY bad coaching decision so far this year.

Palmer played the first game against us coming off an injury and hadnt played at all for several weeks. Lavernaeous Coles is a new receiver. He had three drops against us. They werent sharp against us and could have had more plays that sustained drives had it not been for rust.

barryr
09-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Just imagine, Slowik could have still been around instead if Shanahan had his way. The defense, unlike most in Shanahan's years, are not giving up big plays. If you make teams go 80 yards and have to do it in over 10 plays, you are usually going to have success as a defense, especially if the offense you're facing isn't dominant and occasionally shoots itself in the foot.

The Broncos' defense the last few years, even when facing mediocre offenses, allowed big plays, either long runs or passes, so they didn't have to go long, time consuming drives all the time.

What is also great so far is the Broncos defense is actually making stops on 3rd downs. The last few years especially, they couldn't make stops on 3rd down very often.

They brought in the right mix of players and a DC who has a scheme the players can understand and execute.

I don't see them allowing less than 10 points for a whole season, but it is nice to finally have a defense than can at least keep games close and possibly be counted on to make the big stops when needed.

DHallblows
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I remember last season when I'd be happy with 16 points allowed in a half...

Mr.Meanie
09-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Ok so you guys love the Broncos again. I get it. Just please don't go crying like b****es again if we drop a game or two. Oh and please show some more respect for the team next time.

This. Thank you.

It's nice to see a lot of the crybabies have left or all but stopped posting. Hopefully when we lose a game they don't flood back again posting the same crap over and over.

rbackfactory80
09-28-2009, 08:53 AM
This team reminds me of those early 2000 patriots teams. Everyone picked them to lose every week and they would win and people would say they had all the breaks. I think the stretch coming up we will win some close games playing smart football.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 09:01 AM
The Cowboys will score some points on us, that is inevitable, but I am not sure it will be that many. I know they put a lot of points on the Giants, but that was at home in their new building with a massive crowd.

I would be surprised if they score more than 20 points, this could be a grinding game with focus on the run, and that is a matchup I am happy to take. Between our offensive line and our very improved defensive front we look good on the ground. If we can just rattle Romo a bit we know he is susceptible to making mistakes.

spdirty
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Great thing about it is Oakland scored 31 last year, Cleveland scored 20 somethin points last year and Cincy scored 35 against Green Bay and 23 against Pittsburgh.

Be pretty cool if they could hold Dallas, New England, and San Diego to under 40 combined.

baja
09-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Great thing about it is Oakland scored 31 last year, Cleveland scored 20 somethin points last year and Cincy scored 35 against Green Bay and 23 against Pittsburgh.

Be pretty cool if they could hold Dallas, New England, and San Diego to under 40 combined.

Dallas < 21

New England < 20

Pittsburgh < 24

ScottXray
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Palmer played the first game against us coming off an injury and hadnt played at all for several weeks. Lavernaeous Coles is a new receiver. He had three drops against us. They werent sharp against us and could have had more plays that sustained drives had it not been for rust.

It was the first game of the year and neither team was sharp....BOTH QBs had injuries and hadn't played for a few weeks, were playing with new receivers, there were multiple drops on BOTH sides that would have sustained drives..

Quit trying to downplay that win, Lex. Yes , there was a fluke play, but the scoreboard is all that matters, and at the end of 60 minutes we were on top in their house. Held a fairly good team to 7 points.

GeniusatWork
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM

He's the ultimate professional. Then we have Champ. A pair of aces. Then we have some good vets also added with Goodman and Hill. Then we have the Woodyard fast guy and good tackler, DJ of course, a few good rookies, a good coaching staff. Then we have Andra Davis, and Dumervil, and those inside DL guys look real good. The inside runs are getting stuffed. Appears like the D will be solid all year.

Taco John
09-28-2009, 10:04 AM
What I don't get is how McD can come in here and just flip the switch on D like this. I've been watching Shanahan tinkering with the D for ten years with very unimpressive results, then this guy comes in and it's like, click. You've got to hand it to him. He cleaned out the cupboard on all the Shanahan patchwork, brings in a few key people, moves a few people around, and bang! We've got a D.

In fairness, the 2006 defense was one of the best this franchise has ever seen - up until injuries and offensive ineptitude sunk it.

But I hear what you're saying. This is a quick turnaround. Impressively quick. Nolan seems to know what he's doing.

Taco John
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM

I always loved the Broncos. I don't need your permission to be critical of them either. I simply call it like I see it, regardless.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
In fairness, the 2006 defense was one of the best this franchise has ever seen - up until injuries and offensive ineptitude sunk it.

But I hear what you're saying. This is a quick turnaround. Impressively quick. Nolan seems to know what he's doing.

I think it was more of a case that it got figured out.

GeniusatWork
09-28-2009, 10:11 AM

I like the post but a couple games under .500 will shock me. I see there is still some people that think we could lose 10 in a row now. I can think of words to describe their knowledge of football, but I won't say them. This team is too good in coaching and players to lose more than 8.

I thought they would be a decent team, but when a team totally dominates like they have two weeks in a row, you know there is something. There was no smoke and mirrors kind of thing, it was simply buttkicking with basic plays. Excellent execution.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I like the post but a couple games under .500 will shock me. I see there is still some people that think we could lose 10 in a row now. I can think of words to describe their knowledge of football, but I won't say them. This team is too good in coaching and players to lose more than 8.

I thought they would be a decent team, but when a team totally dominates like they have two weeks in a row, you know there is something. <b>There was no smoke and mirrors kind of thing, it was simply buttkicking with basic plays. Excellent execution.

That's what cracks me up the nay sayers come with "well we expected to win those games" and totally ignore the way we are winning those games. The last two weeks were total beat downs we embarrassed Oakland and Cleveland did you expect that too nay sayers?

bowtown
09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
This guy?

Bob, it must hurt to know that you guys are stuck with a 60 million dollar, 27-year old, mistake of the future.

Maybe we do have a young rookie QB to look forward to, but you have career backup that you are now monitarily tied to for at least the next three years. Congrats fatboy.

Rabb
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
My buddy, who is a dirty Ravens fan, put it pretty well to me today about the Broncos I think.

He said "you guys are taking care of the teams you should take care of, that was not always the case the last few years and cost you all the playoffs and division last year"

I love it, they are doing what they have to so far and I am enjoying the ride. The exciting part is, they seem to be improving every week. To add to that, the offense is not even close to "clicking" yet, imagine what happens when they figure that out.

Weak teams or not, 3-0 is 3-0

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
One big happy bandwagon again. Ha!

So who's going to be the first to get their Orton tattoo?

Seriously, I spent the entire off-season looking for an Orange and Blue plaid shirt, even found a place that would paint it up for me ... but alas OnB Plaid shirts don't exist ...
I was going to make one of these (but #8 of course):

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk230/bretts-pic-bucket/Orton-Flanny.jpg?t=1238732775

nickademus
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I may not get the tat but Im growing the neck beard!!!!

Arkie
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Actually, we're taking care of the teams we should and more. Vegas had us losing to Cinci.

Hulamau
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Gotta love Josh

Sweet Music isn't it Baja! :-)

Hulamau
09-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Amen to that Meck, a few of these guys like Colonel Complainer and Rasta Basta surely have already written three or four 'I told you so' whiner threads to dump on us as soon as we drop one. :afro:

baja
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Sweet Music isn't it Baja! :-)

I am loven it Hulamau, I am convinced we got the next young Master Mind in Josh McD., sure we will lose games but I bet we are in every game and do not lose because we were out coached which was the case with Shanny several games in the last few years.

Broncos4tw
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I was expecting 6 or 7 wins. I'm still expecting that. If we continue to produce like we are, I'll be stunned silly. In a good way. But I am trying to insert a bit of reality into my enthusiasm. Our D is doing great, and in my opinion, defense is 70% scheme and talent, and 30% chemistry and drive. If a D THINKS they can beat anyone, and they really believe this, it happens. They make offenses think they can't beat them. They become a power unto themselves. I hope our D is going this way.

I still think our offense needs a fair bit of work. Playcalling and production in the redzone both. Four runs in a row at the goalline... I thought McD was channeling Reeves.

But the next few games... this is it. NOW the fun starts, imo.

Br0nc0Buster
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I was expecting 6 or 7 wins. I'm still expecting that. If we continue to produce like we are, I'll be stunned silly. In a good way. But I am trying to insert a bit of reality into my enthusiasm. Our D is doing great, and in my opinion, defense is 70% scheme and talent, and 30% chemistry and drive. If a D THINKS they can beat anyone, and they really believe this, it happens. They make offenses think they can't beat them. They become a power unto themselves. I hope our D is going this way.

I still think our offense needs a fair bit of work. Playcalling and production in the redzone both. Four runs in a row at the goalline... I thought McD was channeling Reeves.

That wasnt Josh's fault
We have one of the best lines in the NFL, they needed to man up and get the tough yards

baja
09-28-2009, 12:28 PM

I still think our offense needs a fair bit of work. Playcalling and production in the redzone both.<b> Four runs in a row at the goalline... I thought McD was channeling Reeves.</b>

Am I the only one that loved those calls - just very unfortunate we did not punch it in but that is coming soon. I love it that we want to line them up and play smash mouth football. It's very good to be a Broncos fan again.

gyldenlove
09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Actually, we're taking care of the teams we should and more. Vegas had us losing to Cinci.

We have covered the spread in all 3 games, that is the same number as we did ALL of last year.

Dukes
09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
This guy?

Unlike your pethetic squad, we won't be in range to draft him next year.

missingnumber7
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Gotta love Nolan

I think your love is misplaced so I fixed it for you.

baja
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I think your love is misplaced so I fixed it for you.

Gotta love Josh fro hiring Nolan among other great moves like dumping Cutler for more than he was worth.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
When you're putting your backup players in on D in the 3d Q - which is a very smart coaching move - and still stuffing the opposing O, you know you have a good D. And a good O, incidentally.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
When you're putting your backup players in on D in the 3d Q - which is a very smart coaching move - and still stuffing the opposing O, you know you have a good D. And a good O, incidentally.

If yer empytin' yer bench on defense in the 3rd quarter....yoooo might be facing JaLardass Russell. :wiggle:

Br0nc0Buster
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I like how we didnt punt until like the 4th quarter

Didnt light up the scoreboard, but we have cut down on the mental mistakes that hurt us in the first game
Also it helps the defense to not go 3 and out

snowspot66
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one that loved those calls - just very unfortunate we did not punch it in but that is coming soon. I love it that we want to line them up and play smash mouth football. It's very good to be a Broncos fan again.

We don't false start on the very first attempt and Hillis walks in with six. We beat ourselves that series.

barryr
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
The Broncos have been winning the battle of field position this year, which is not something they have done much the last few years. With a crappy defense and a shoddy special teams in terms of coverage, the Broncos have been losing that battle the majority of the time. But not this year so far.

Clockwork Orange
09-28-2009, 01:10 PM
The Broncos have been winning the battle of field position this year, which is not something they have done much the last few years. With a crappy defense and a shoddy special teams in terms of coverage, the Broncos have been losing that battle the majority of the time. But not this year so far.

+6 in turnover differential has a fair bit to do with that too.

barryr
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
+6 in turnover differential has a fair bit to do with that too.

Yep, great point, another area the Bronco defense had been poor doing for many years until this year. Sacks too.

RaiderH8r
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM

No. I too thought it was good to go for it there. I wouldn't have minded a quick little PA boot with a FB in the flat and a TE running the back of the end zone. Nothing too fancy just a little something to move the pocket and stretch the zones.

I get trying to pound it in there though. When it's 1 yard you gotta get a nut down there and create a little push and get it done.

NYBronco
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
This team reminds me of those early 2000 patriots teams. Everyone picked them to lose every week and they would win and people would say they had all the breaks. I think the stretch coming up we will win some close games playing smart football.

Colin Cowherd said on his radio show today that Denver is winning with smoke and mirrors. He went on to say the Broncos will go 1 - 7 in our next eight games.

He was all over how great Cutler* is playing the last few weeks but failed to mention that Seattle was without Hasselbach and Pittsburgh without Palomalu and running game.

*Cutler is playing well.

missingnumber7
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Colin Cowherd said on his radio show today that Denver is winning with smoke and mirrors. He went on to say the Broncos will go 1 - 7 in our next eight games.

He was all over how great Cutler* is playing the last few weeks but failed to mention that Seattle was without Hasselbach and Pittsburgh without Palomalu and running game.

*Cutler is playing well.

Cowherd is just another ESPN tool, have you seen the dude's show...waste of espn time and space.

Remember that Cutler is doing this without a #1 WR.

Meck77
09-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I always loved the Broncos. I don't need your permission to be critical of them either. I simply call it like I see it, regardless.

You certainly have the right to be critical and in this case WRONG again. It's certainly too early to proclaim this team playoff contenders but we're certainly not the losers you said we'd be and Bowlen isn't the idiot you thought he was. :thumbsup:

rastaman
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Just made this exact post on another thread.

We looked better against Oakland than SD did. We nearly blanked Cinci, and we destroyed Cleveland. It's been an impressive start.

Clearly, we can't keep this pace up all season, but it's very encouraging.

Why not the 2000 Ravens defense kept it up! Orton is playing just as well as Trent Dilfer did back in 2000! Have some faith Dude! :approve:

rastaman
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Cowherd is just another ESPN tool, have you seen the dude's show...waste of espn time and space.

Remember that Cutler is doing this without a #1 WR.

And Forte has yet to get untracked as well.:strong:

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 03:37 PM
No. I too thought it was good to go for it there. I wouldn't have minded a quick little PA boot with a FB in the flat and a TE running the back of the end zone. Nothing too fancy just a little something to move the pocket and stretch the zones.

I get trying to pound it in there though. When it's 1 yard you gotta get a nut down there and create a little push and get it done.

Eh, I didn't mind too much the rushing plays inside the 5. Little test for the OL and backs against a good DL. And it's not like Oakland was gonna retaliate from the 1.

ScottXray
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Eh, I didn't mind too much the rushing plays inside the 5. Little test for the OL and backs against a good DL. And it's not like Oakland was gonna retaliate from the 1.

The 4 runs were not so much what bothered me as the four runs up the middle between the tackles. Should have taken it wide and maybe tried a pitch out to get the back wide after the first two got stuffed, at least. A pass wouldn't have been out of line, either. Leaving them at their one wasn't really bad, but you take points when and where you can get them.

It really didn't matter cause Russell threw his first pick a few plays after they got the ball and we took that in. If Oakland had managed to put a drive together and taken it into our end and scored it would have been a huge momentum swing. They didn't, of course, but if they had it would have stunk.

baja
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
The 4 runs were not so much what bothered me as the four runs up the middle between the tackles. Should have taken it wide and maybe tried a pitch out to get the back wide after the first two got stuffed, at least. A pass wouldn't have been out of line, either. Leaving them at their one wasn't really bad, but you take points when and where you can get them.

It really didn't matter cause Russell threw his first pick a few plays after they got the ball and we took that in. If Oakland had managed to put a drive together and taken it into our end and scored it would have been a huge momentum swing. They didn't, of course, but if they had it would have stunk.

Every thing you say is true but I still like the calls. I like the message it was intended to send. Sucks that we came up empty but I love the statement.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 06:15 PM

*Cutler is playing well.

I have a hard time believing that. 3-4 will be the worst. More likely 4-3.

ScottXray
09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I have a hard time believing that. 3-4 will be the worst. More likely 4-3.

Cowherd didn't know **** from shinola when he was on a local tv and radio station, and he still doesn't. His whole schtick is being a generic Rome clone and making stupid stements to inflame the audience.

He is pretty good on baseball, and college football.,...NFL is his weakest sport, and it shows. If he actually sat down and watched all the games he might become informed.....instead he skims highlights and repeats the most outrageous points the other experts say.

Br0nc0Buster
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM

*Cutler is playing well.

How is rushing for over 200 yards "smoke and mirrors"?

oh well

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
How is rushing for over 200 yards "smoke and mirrors"?

oh well

Must have been some key phrase he had to trot out somewhere.

Baba Booey
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Cowherd is quite possibly the biggest tool in the shed over at ESPN. The guy is a bona-fide knob gobbler.

Cito Pelon
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM

It sure was interesting to see what the attitude was on both sides. Denver went in there to kick ass, they didn't kick ass right away. Then Denver steadily ground the Raiders to dust.

baja
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
It sure was interesting to see what the attitude was on both sides. Denver went in there to kick ass, they didn't kick ass right away. Then Denver steadily ground the Raiders to dust.

Gotta love it teams will respect our home field advantage once again. We are going to win 7 home games this season.